Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL)

Assam

Consumer complaints and reviews about Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL)

anjan1984

Jun 30, 2015

I PAID A PRICE FOR BEING HONEST

The AM/ DM/ MAGER,
AZARA ELECTRICAL SUB-DIVISION, GUWAHATI ELECTRICAL CIRCLE –II
SUB: PAID A PRICE FOR BEING HONEST
This is to inform you that since our childhood days we have been taught that honesty is the best policy. We have tried being honest till date with all our dealings with everyone concerned. But the incident on 27/06/2015 by the APDCL Azara authorities made us feel that the organisation does not believe in the virtue of being honest.
We would like to bring into your notice that on receiving a bill of zero units for the period 13/05/2015 to 10/06/2015 (bill no 2139098), my father Dr. RAMA KANTA BARUAH decided to follow his responsibility of being a genuine Indian Citizen and appealed to the authority of APDCL Azara that there is a mistake in the bill as the units consumed for the entire month cannot be zero.
This might not have got down well with the concerned authority and they decided to do an inspection in our premise. The present allotted is 2KW and after inspection they found that 8 KW load must be allotted which contradicts the facts that our average monthly consumption is 167.411 Kwh (u) ;( please refer to the facts & figures below). But since APDCL, AZARA has its own process of allotting loads we will not comment on the efficiency of the process of allotting the load.
After the inspection is done, they asked my father to sign on the inspection report and my father out of ignorance and innocence signed on whatever report the concerned authorities submitted.
This is to inform you that my father Dr. R.K Baruah is 77 years old, and is suffering from low vision and old age eye -disease which the doctors says cannot be cured and can only be maintained. (Medical report attached)
• The APDCL authorities in their test report have reported the presence of commercial connection of 1kw from the domestic line. This particular claim is presumed and wrong as none of the authorities had inspected the claimed commercial premise as it was closed because the tenant Abhay Thakuria had locked the premise and gone to serve his ailing wife.
• As per our tenancy agreement we had decided to rent the premise keeping conditions that three month from the date of the agreement the tenant Abhay Thakuria will run his pump on diesel and only after getting permission from the authorities will the electricity be provided. (copy of TENANCY AGREEMENT attached)
We would like to add that electric wiring of the premise doesn’t mean using the domestic line for commercial use. Had the inspecting authorities taken pain to inspect the closed premise they would not have given a presumed and vague report of 1 KW load used for commercial purpose.
• Abhay is an unemployed youth and unlike other youths running for government services, had decided to start his own Tyre service to make himself independent.
• Going by your meter readings as given in the bills issued by Azara Electrical Sub-division – Guwahati Electrical Circle II:
1) Meter reading as on 13/12/2013 – 10,800 Kwh (u)
2) Meter Reading as on 13/05/2015 – 13, 263 Kwh (u)
3) Difference in the reading for a period of 17 months = 2823 Kwh (u)
4) Average monthly consumption = 167 Kwh (u)
As per the above report also if we go by the actual meter readings as submitted by the APDCL authorities of Azara:
1) Meter reading as on 13/05/2015 = 13263 Kwh (u)
2) Meter reading as on 10/06/2015 = 13263 Kwh (u)
3) Difference in the reading for a period of 28 days = 0 Kwh (u); which is totally absurd and illogical
This was the report submitted by APDCL AUTHORITIES; BILL NO 2139098 DATED 12/06/2015
4) But actual meter reading as taken by us on 27/06/2014 =13461.5
5) Difference in the reading for a period of 45 days = 198 Kwh (u)
which is totally illogical for a family with FANS, TV, REFRIGERATOR and other home appliances on hot summer days.
We would also like to bring into your notice few other illogical meter readings submitted by the APDCL AZARA AUTHORITIES:
BILL NO: 1930792; METER READING AS ON 13/12/2013 = 10,777
BILL NO: 1961871; METER READING AS ON 08/04/2014 =10,777
DEFFERENCE IN THE METER READING = 0 Kwh (u) for a period of 4 months
BILL NO: 1986651; METER READING AS ON 08/06/2014 = 10,914
DEFFERENCE IN THE METER READING = 137 Kwh (u) for a period of 6 months
The above data submitted by the APDCL authorities Azara is totally illogical and absurd for a fully functional house-hold with TV, REFRIGERATOR & OTHER HOME APPLIANCES.
The above data also proves that there is no unauthorised commercial connection as presumed and suspected by the APDCL, AZARA authorities as the units consumed for 45 days from 13/05/2015 to 27/06/2015 is just 198 units which is in fact lower than the calculated monthly average of 167 Kwh
At the end we would like to say that it’s a pretty bad experience on our part to burn down our fingers and pay a price just for being honest and helping an unemployed youth to become self independent. We feel that we are being targeted only for bringing into light the loopholes in functioning by the Azara Sub-Division. It should be noted that there was no surprise inspection by the APDCL authorities it was only after we complained that there is something wrong with the bill, the authorities swung into action. Furthermore, we would like to add that, it is learnt that there are a no of unauthorised connections in the surrounding areas and the line- men concerned are collecting monthly rental from the same. We appeal to the concerned authorities to go for a surprise check of the same and stop harassing genuine Indian Citizens.
We therefore, request the concerned authorities to take necessary actions.
Thanking You,
Anjan Jyoti Baruah,
S/O – ARATI DEKA BARUAH, CONSUMER NO: 030000009243
S/O- DR. RAMA KANTA BARUAH , VILLAGE – GARAL, GUWAHATI -17,
hriday1

Jun 22, 2015

Request for verification of meter reading

I am a consumer of APDCL vide Account no-51000122807,meter no.-AS102400. Sir I am in doubt that meter reader boy write my meter reading properly, or my meter may be not properly functioning as this month I am getting a high bill amount. Also note that in the bill there is not mentioned previous and current reading details . Therefor I request you to kindly make an en query in favor of me.

May 28, 2015

new password for logging into APDCL portal

My consumer account number is 52000029834 and registered. As I have forgotten my password Kindly provide me with a new password via my registered mobile no. 98642 35952, for logging into APDCL portal to make online payments etc.
bhaskar kalita

May 27, 2015

Not receive bill or SMS

Since last 2 months my bill has neither been uploaded nor I receive any SMS about my bill amount. My consumer No. is 011000023641. Please do the needful so that I can pay my bill on-line.

May 26, 2015

new password for logging into APDCL portal

My Consumer A/c no. is 52000006538. As my present password has not been working kindly provide me with a current password, so that I am able to open the APDCL portal and pay bills online. Kindly also register my mobile no. 99544 57228 for receiving Sms alert for making payments.

May 26, 2015

online payment of bill

My Consumer Account No. is 52000029834. Since the past few months I have not been receiving the monthly bill amount on on my registered mobile 98642 35952 nor I have been able to get the details online. AS I am stationed elsewhere please enable the above facility immediately
Rupam Baruah

Mar 27, 2015

Non-receipt of electricity bill

I have not received the electricity bill of feb 15 and not uploaded in your website,my consumer no is 010000004294.
hiranya deuri

Mar 22, 2015

Regarding on line bill payment

Since last 2 months my bill has neither been uploaded nor I receive any SMS about my bill amount. My consumer No. is 011000003442. Please do the needful so that I can pay my bill on-line.
SDU

Mar 20, 2015

Unable to View Bills online for month of March 2015

I am currently out of city for medical treatment. I want to pay my electricity bill online through mubijulibill.com. But the current outstanding is not appearing in the website. My Consumer no. is 005000010597

I was able to view and make online payment of the bills for Jan &Feb 2015.

Please Help
phukanjayanta

Mar 16, 2015

Nonreceipt of light bill

I have not received the light bill of feb 15 and not uploaded in your website of consumer no 52000027773 of parijat borgohain, of garbhanga,ASEB
prabinpulin

Dec 22, 2014

NO BILL THOUGH REGULAR METER READING

INSPITE OF WRITTEN REQUEST NO BILL WAS GIVEN BY YOUR AUTHORIZED BILL AGENT,ALL MY NEGHIBOUR GET THEIR CONSUMER BILL , AS I AM STAYING OUTSIDE DUE TO SERVICE, MY WIFE MET THE SDO AND SUBMITTED APPLICATION , BUT NO ACTION, IT IS FEARED THAT YOUR BILL WILL NOT BE FAIR , TO CLEAR THE OUT STANDING BILL MAY BE FORWARDED FOR REGULAR PAYMENT, MY COSUMER NO 171000005715 TRASFROMR 543940
prabinpulin

Dec 22, 2014

NO BILL THOUGH REGULAR METER READING

INSPITE OF MY WRITTING THE AUTHORITY OF JORHATELECTRICAL SUB-DIVISION II JORHAT ELECTRICAL CIRCLE NOT GAVE ELETRICITY BILL AGAINST MY CONSUMER NO 171000005715, YOUR BILLING SECTIONDELIVERED BILL TO MY NEGHIBOUR AND LEFT ME OUT ,AS PER THE ADVICE I WROTE A LETTER TO SDO CONCERN AND MY WIFE PERSONALLY MET AND EXPLAIN , BUT NO ACTION , AS PER BILL NO 3988783 BILL DATE 02.04.2014 BILL AMOUNT WAS 3569,THERAFTER NO BILL AFTER NEW TRANSFROMER SET 543940 BUT NIL IACTION, YOUR BILLING AGENT NEVER RESPONDE ,PL, TAKE THE ACTION
amar.aircel@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2014

High meter reding

I am Amar Sarmah S/o Gorakhnath nath sarmah at purupbari village PS Gohpur Dist Sonitpur Assam Faching with the problem of high meter reading every month depertment is sending a bill with meter reading of 300+ unit consume.I have complained but what they are saying is out of my understand so please give me a way that I can be safe from these type of misreading with thefalty meter.
gautam3556

Sep 25, 2014

Unable to do online payment

I am consumer of APDCL bearing the consumer number: 003000001554. I was regularly paying bill online last more than 1 year at "www.mybijulibill.com" and last bill I payed which was generated on 13/07/2014. But after that against my consumer number no billed amount/bill due is showing at "www.mybijulibill.com" and as a result I am not able to pay the bills online. However I have received the hard copies of two numbers of bills delivered to my address which were generated after 13/07/2014.

Therefore I request you to kindly enable me to pay the recent bills online.
Tej Kumar Bawri

Jul 12, 2014

return of my transformer

I have submitt an rti application dated17.4.14 to sde,ges,apdcl,golaghat,but no reply or action was taken.afterwards i have informedthe matter to agm,ged,golaghat and he has forwarded the letter to the deputy manager,golaghat esd 1,apdcl,uar,golaghatvide letterno.agm.,ged,t 52,2014,879 of datef 26.5.14 for submission of report,but till faye no actionwastaken

Jun 27, 2014

Replece of electricity Trans forma

MHC lane ,Meharpur, Silchar-15, cachar, Assam., India.
Our area electricity Trans forma deed from last 25 days but no action the electricity officer and her staff
abdul zaved

Jun 14, 2014

meter reading not properly indicating in electric bill.

Your meter reader is not tracing my meter personally,in my bill for the month of May 2014 , reading is shown 3400 (FROM 01/05/2014 to 31/05/2014) and bill is prepared . Surprisingly on being checked the meter on 14/06/2014 it is seen that meter is 4095 units . and there by showing my meter excess in the bill
Thanking You Consumer No 299000010300
ajitkakoty

Feb 10, 2013

online electricity bill

I am a consumer of APDCL Of Sibsagar division.My consumer no is 192000005894. From the month of January 2013 my online bills stopped to come for which I have to go to theAPDCL Sibsagar division office for a duplicate bill to pay at the office counter.You are therefore requested to look on the matter so the online bills for my consumer no 192000005894 is generated online so that I can pay online.In this connection I have to inform that I am a senior citizen and my date of birth is 01-011947.I request you to look into the matter and take necessary steps so that I get the bill online.Thanking you

Ajit Kakoty. Consumer no 192000005894.
Biswajeet2012

Dec 29, 2012

Regarding Result of Bill Clerk & Meter Reader

Sir.
With due respect I beg to state that I am a candidate of Bill Clerk/Meter Reader bearing Roll No: 2101806 have full confidence of passing the Viva-Test & Computer Practical Exam.But my name is not came in the Final selection list of Appoint to Bill Clerk/Meter Reader Under APDCL .

I was done the Computer Practical Test in 20 Minutes & my Viva Test is So Good.Examiners and Office Staff's Congratulation me and Says,"You are fit for the post". But why my name is not came in the Final Selection list of Bill Clerk/Meter Reader under APDCL.

Have you give the Second list of these post?

I request you to give a good result of this matter.

Name:Biswajeet Sahu.
S/O:Mr. Durga Prosad Sahu.
Roll No:2101806 Circle: Sivasagar
Add:Nazira Amulapatty P.O/P.S:Nazira
Dist:Sivasagar State: Assam
Pin Code: 785685
abdul sattar

Mar 24, 2012

regarding result of bill clerk reverification

With due respect I beg to state that I am a candidate of bill clerk bearing roll no 1200427 have full confidence of passing the exam but instead of it I found the roll no. 1200437. So I want the rescriutny of answer sheet of both the roll no.
As for me I should be in top 300 within assam else .
I request you to take urgent and necessary step as because it may be a printing mistake as well.

thanks

ABDUL SATTAR
S/O HAZAL ALI (Retd. police sub inspector)
VILL ALLIBARI
PO RANI
P S -PALASHBARI
KAMRUP (ASSAM) 781131
PHONE :-9613225426 / 8876306983

May 23, 2011

power tariff hike

I think the tariff hike is minimal as compared to our state and considering the fuel prices. I wonder why people of our country are not united against the hike in petrol prices. There must be some kind of regulatory commission too, for fixing the fuel prices. Because nowadays fuel are also became essential comodities for below middle class people.
And regarding power tariff hike, regulatory commissions never allowed the hike as filed by the power companies. It always be in lower side.

Dec 11, 2010

power tariff hike

CONSUMER FORUMS PROTEST POWER HIKE IN STATE

Guwahati: After 24 hours of public hearing on the power tariff hike in the state, consumer organizations objected to the proposal submitted by Assam Power Distribution Company Ltd (APDCL) to the state electricity regulatory commission.

United under the Consumers’ Legal Protection Forum, an NGO for consumer rights, a large number of power consumers in the city said they would file a public interest litigation (PIL) in the Gauhati High Court if the commission gave its nod to the new proposal for hiking power tariff.

The forum said if the proposal was allowed to come into force, power consumers would be compelled to pay Rs.2.04 extra per unit of electricity distributed by APDCL, which is the only body for power distribution in the state.

“We strongly object to the tariff revision proposal of APDCL, “said Ajoy Hazarika, chief co-ordinator of the forum.

United for the same objection, engineer J N Khataniar said as per record, Assam State Electricity (Aseb) is yet to recover Rs.184 crore in payments, of which the government department is to pay Rs.42 crore and the rest is owed by other consumers.

Meanwhile, Asom Jatiyatabadi Yuba Chatra Parishad (AJYCP) on Thursday said the state government and the Aseb should withdraw the proposal for the tariff hike.............

(THE TIMES OF INDIA, 10th DECEMBER,2010)

accessories - Package from China stuck since 10 june 2015
    Have not received my package with tracking number...
    kalyan - drainage water
    sir Residing at balijinagar Kukatpally near ysr statute...
    188702 - REFUND
    Dear Sir/Madam, I made online payment of Rs.525/- on...
    UPSC Website - password forgot
    i forgot my password and security question.so,i cant able...
    Zeal Education Society - Taking Excess fees
    I am 2015 pass-out in Engineering from Zeal Education...
    Dream Homes Property Developer Chennai - fraud company
    catch him in his home BABURAO SHAASTRI BABOO NO.10,...
    guwahati passport office - no reply to query from banaglore passport office
    Dear Sir, This is regarding the file No: BN 20 78 46 81...
    SSC - Request to change my father's name
    Sir, I have applied for cgl tier-I examination...
    Norton AntiVirus - NO INSTALLING
    I HAVE PURCHASE A NORTON ANTIVIRUS THROUGH SHOPCLUES AND...
    682695563 - premium receipt
    premium paid online ,but reciept did not...