Log inRegister
Submit Complaint

Bank lokpal

India,
Uttar Pradesh

Consumer complaints and reviews about Bank lokpal

singh.renu7
 
Apr 20, 2015

Banking Fraud

My dad got call from 08051627276 number which is from Bihar/Jharkhand. The caller claimed to be from RBI and spoke for about 45 mins. He did online shopping and asked for password received in cell and spent Rs 18000. My dad not being aware of this fraud thought it to be legimitae call shared password and amount got deducted from his account. Please help.
s.m.azhar
 
Apr 19, 2015

rude behaviour&not providing service

sir,
mera a/c gramin bank gandara bahraich me hai. mai teen bar bank gaya 6/4/15 ko 14/4/15 ko 20/4/15 ko aaj magar teeno bar maneger ne passbook me posting karne se inkar kar diya aaj jab maine paise nikalne aor bahut zarury hone ki bat ki to paisa nahi hai bataya jabki lenden ho raha tha.kripya awashyak karyawahi kar meri madad kare.meherbani hogi.
dhanyawad

mohd azhar
mob- 9125557876
KUMAR PRADEEP
 
Apr 17, 2015

ILLEGAL DEBIT FROM SB A/C

SIR,
AN AMOUNT OF Rs. 10000- WAS WITHDREW FROM MY AXIS BANK SB A/C NO. 911010066652795 FVG. PRADEEP KUMAR

FROM HARDOI CITY ON 20-1-2014 THROUGH A.T.M. WITHOUT MY ORIGINAL A.T.M. CARD.

FOR THIS TRNSACTION NEITHER I GOT ANY S.M.S. ALERT NOR AXIS BANK MAIL ALERT.THIS SHOWS THE INDULDGEMENT

OF BANK STAFF IN THIS FRAUD.

I MADE MANY COMPLAINTS & COSTOMER DISPUTE FORM TOO BUT I COULD NOT GET ANY ANSWER .I HAD REPORTED IN POLICE

TOO. KINDLY HELP ME TO GET MY AMOUNT BACK.

PRADEEP KUMAR

pradeep_kumar12@licindia.com

9927230303
itpl.sandeep@gmail.com
 
Apr 17, 2015

deduction from account

महोदय,
प्रार्थी संदीप गोस्वामी जिसका खता संख्या ३००५४२००१३० ट्रांसपोर्ट नगर लखनऊ में है महोदय प्रार्थी के खाते से Rs. 34/- 28.03.2015 & Rs.665/- 04.04.2015 को कट लिए गये तथा पता करने पर ये बताया गया की ये पैसा मुंबई ब्रांच से कटा जाता ही हम इसमें कुछ नहीं कर सकते और ये पैसा २०१० से जोड़ा गया है, महोदयाय प्रार्थी को बिना किसि पुर्व सुचना के ये पैसा कट लिया गया जिसकी वजह से प्रार्थी की लोन की EMI वापस हो गई जिसके लिए प्रार्थी को Rs.300/- EMI RETURN चार्ज भरने पड़ा, महोदय क्या बैंक २०१० से सो रहा था की जागने पर पैसा कट लेंगे, महोदय प्रार्थी की इस विषय में सहायता करे.
धन्यवाद
shubhangini bajpai
 
Apr 16, 2015

against SBI employee

Dear Sir/Ma'am

My name is Shubhangini Bajpai and my a/c no. is 31869824453, branch lakhanpur kanpur. my complaint is regarding leaking my a/c statement by SBI employee with unknown person without my permission. The SBI employess is of Haldwani TP nagar branch and i"m very sure about this. I Did call so many times to customer care but nobody is helping me out, infact that person blocked my ATM on 11 April 2015 by wrong way with the help of that SBI employee. Its my request to you pls help me out because i"m facing lots of mental & economical problems due to this. I visited to the branch at FUN cinema on Sunday 12 April 2015. please take immediate action on that employee and on that person who did this. I hope you can understand my worst situation at now.I'm sending this mail with lots of hope pls help me out. my contact no is 7505342408.Everybody is asking me roam form here to there but nobody is helping me to resolve my issue. Its a kind of Cyber Crime which the SBI Empolyee did. pls take quick action. I had a conversation with SBI Manager of Lakhanpur Kanpur. He said very easily that send your application and i'll unlock your ATM. But do you think only this is the resolution??? A person did illegal thing and nobody is responsible for this????? and end of the day I'm suffering....I'm fed upfrom your services because there is no response... pls resolve the issue as soon as possible. I hope you can understand my situation. There is one week about to complete. my ATM was blocked on Sat 11 April 2015.
amitupadhyay
 
Apr 10, 2015

state bank of india

श्रीमान जी नमस्कार
मैं झाँसी उत्तर प्रदेश मैं रहता हूँ मेरी माताजी काA/C SBI झाँसी की शहर ब्रांच मैं है A/C no10684837309 उनका देहांत 26जून 2010 को हुआ था तो जब मैं bank में उनका A/C close कर बकाया राशि के भुगतान के लिए पहुंचा तो bank procedure को बहुत लंबा बताया मैंने death certificate दिखाया तो accountant ने बोला की इसकी कोई मान्यता नहीं है पूरे परिवार के सदस्यों से अलग अलग intimation दिलवाओ । एक booklet दी और निर्धारित वकील से उसे भरवाने के लिए बोला मैंने दूसरे वकील से भरवा दिया तो उसे रोज कमी बताकर काम लटका रहे हैं कभी भी एक बार मैं पूरे कागजो के बारे में जानकारी नहीं देते बहुत बदतमीजी से बात करते हैं A/C में 63513.88 rs हैं तो accountant ने बोला के 10000 rs खर्च करोगे तो काम होगा मैंने जब नाम पूछा तो नाम नहीं बताया उनकी table पर name plate भी नहीं थी । हर बार बहुत बदतमीजी से बात करते हैं और बोलते हैं के पैसा खर्च करना नहीं है और काम के लिए आ जाते हैं मैं जब भी जाता हूँ तो कागजो में जान बूझकर कमी निकाल देते हैं। और अपनी chair से खड़े हो जाते हैं और चिल्लाने लगते हैं।मैं बहुत परेशान हूँ आज ही मेरे मित्र के माध्यम से बैंक लोकपाल के बारे में जानकारी मिली है कृपया मेरा उची मार्गदर्शन और मदद करें।
RAJESH SONIA ARORA
 
Apr 10, 2015

Cashier Misbehave

Dear Sir,

Today I have visited at Punjab National Bank Branch New Subzi Mandi Azad Pur Delhi-110033, There is one cashier may be his name is Mr. Ramesh Rajput, at that time around 10 AM two-three time I asked to him to deposit my cash in my PPF Account(636) but he is ignore me forth time he told that this is not my work go to the counter no 4,5 or 6, At counter no 4 there is a lady she told me we have authorised a person who will take cash 10 AM to 8 PM 7 days in a week which is mentioned at cash window also, then I visited at Mangers cabin and she instructed to cashier on phone and personally visited in cashier room and again instructed Mr. Ramesh Rajput to take the cash but Mr. Rajput was getting angry and argue with the Manager and refused to take cash and stopped all the work. He came out side of the cashier room, when I request him to deposit my cash he was talking with me loudly and told who are you, then I reply I am a customer of the PNB and you have to deposit my cash as I am suffering last 30 minutes and there is no solution. After this episode somebody take the cash then I could go to my office.

Request you to take appropriate action against him otherwise we will withdrawal our Accounts from PNB with my family.

Rajesh Kumar
PPF Account No 636
9711730002
ghulamhasnainrizvi
 
Apr 7, 2015

Against the worst services of Panjab National Bank Rbl kaper ganj branch.

Against the worst services of Panjab National Bank Rbl kaper ganj branch.

Dear Sir I Rafat Bano am a account holder of panaj national bank kaperganj raebareli branch account holder.
I am old lady MUSLIM lady and its tuff to visit branch again and again. But in this branch all staff have a very non cooperative behavior. They criticize to all muslim account holders. For small small work they use bad language and no one is ready to do his duties.
For example- For just a update passbook I have visited five time branch some time machine not works, some time attendant is not there, some time they says this work will be done before 12PM only.
Second example- I have lost my ATM pin no am wondering counter to counter even branch manager is not ready to reply me properly what todo.
Finally I have got fed-up with this branch services its completely muslim against branch.
I want to shift all my four account and my son and my daughters account from the this bank.
If possible kindly help me in shifting my account, and if possible kindly take some action against the branch so that other customers of bank can getout of this type of worst services of this branc.
With big of hope waiting for your kind justice.
Regards,
Rafat Bano
Ac.No-0917000100129969
Customer.No-301105165
Contact.No-09307070110,09839315821
Mallick
 
Mar 25, 2015

Personnel loan

Sir, myself P.C.Mallick presently serving in 70 Bn CRPF at Bawana in New Delhi as HC/GD Submitted few lines for kind consideration and taking appropriate action please.

Sir, I Would like to bring your attention about my personnel loan I have taken personnel loan amount Rs.5,00,000/- from JNU SBI Branch last year all my account has been converted PMSP However they are taking from me per month rate of interest 15.5% whereas my friends/coolice they have been taken loan from various bank like SBI Pootkut,SBI Narela and SBI CGO Complex they have also PMSP Account they are giving per month rate of interest only for 14% whereas all SBI banks rule should be equaled why you taking from me more rate of interest than other SBI why happening with me very illegal . I have given an application about to branch manager SBI JNU neither give me any answer nor take any action so far.
You are approached with a request to kindly look into my matter deeply and give me same benefits which are taking my friends from other SBI. Branch I shall remain ever grateful for this act of kindness.


Thanking you Sir,

REGARDS
No-941174012
HC/GD P.C.Mallick
70 Bn.CRPF
MOB NO-9310470794
Mallick
 
Mar 25, 2015

Personnel loan

Sir, myself P.C.Mallick presently serving in 70 Bn CRPF at Bawana in New Delhi as HC/GD Submitted few lines for kind consideration and taking appropriate action please.

Sir, I Would like to bring your attention about my personnel loan I have taken personnel loan amount Rs.5,00,000/- from JNU SBI Branch last year all my account has been converted PMSP However they are taking from me per month rate of interest 15.5% whereas my friends/coolice they have been taken loan from various bank like SBI Pootkut,SBI Narela and SBI CGO Complex they have also PMSP Account they are giving per month rate of interest only for 14% whereas all SBI banks rule should be equaled why you taking from me more rate of interest than other SBI why happening with me very illegal . I have given an application about branch manager SBI JNU neither give me any answer nor take any action so far.
You are approached with a request to kindly look into my matter deeply and give me same benefits which are taking my friends from other SBI. branch I shall remain ever grateful for this act of kindness.


Thanking you Sir,

REGARDS
No-941174012
HC/GD P.C.Mallick
70 Bn.CRPF
MOB NO-9310470794
prafulla srivastava
 
Mar 23, 2015

amount deducted from debit card but not reversed

Hi, my name is Prafulla srivastava and i am
account holder of syndicate
bank with account number :-89502200011400
branch-kalpi distt -jalaun,
my complaint is that on 24th feb 2015 i tried
doing a online transaction of
500 using my atm/debit card of syndicate
bank ,and 512.64 was been
debited from my syndicate bank account -
((while filling online job
application of clerk in federal bank. and application number is FB03327))however
this transaction was failed
-but still amount got debited and is never been
reversed back to my account
, whereas in a same activity of online
transaction on next day 25-02-2015 i
have got the success and amount got debited
from my account which is ok same application number .but
the first transaction which was failed
whereas 512.64 was been debited -in regards
the same i tried making a
contact to customer care of syndicate back and
was been told that amount
will be reversed to my acc within 3 days which
was a completely false
information as i have not recieved this failed
transaction amount back to
my account .
hence please look into the matter and do the
needfull as i will be highly
obliged to you .
REGARDS
PRAFULLA SRIVASTAVA
ACC HOLDER ;-SYNDICATE BANK
contact number :-9616111989
karahiya
 
Mar 19, 2015

behavior

I am complain to madhayanchal gramin bank branch- karahiya for manege & staff they are very rode working condition the cashier is very slow working and not up date our shg pass book our no of saving ac open in branch 118 this operated by villager women.Mr.sharma cashier always read paper & gossip in office time but if we said sir plz give my cash or update my pass book he abuse to village women no of complain to branch manege & head office but no result find, plz solve my problem help
regard
member of self help gorp, karahiya
rewa
mursanwala
 
Mar 18, 2015

Credit Card

Dear sir
I am having HDFC credit card. after taking credit card i feel being cheated by HDFC card division. they charged every month diffrent head like maintenance charge finance charge refund etc,i want to finalist the a/c but inspite of repeated request they are not providing me detail. how can i get rid of them please advise

Shashisharma.4211@gmail.com
SANTOSH chandra jain
 
Mar 10, 2015

AMB CHRG INCL ST & CESS

DEAR SIR, I AM (SANTOSH CHANDRA JAIN) HDFC BANK SAVING ACCOUNT HOLDER, MY A/c No. 19151000011704 IN PRATAPGARH BRANCH.
SIR, OUR PROBLEM IS AMB CHRG INCL ST & CESS 396.26 EVERY MONTH DEDUCTED FROM MY A/c BECAUSE NON MENTANANCE A/c.
SIR, PLEASE HELP US. THIS CHARGES IS VERY HIGH IN SAVING ACCOUNTS. TOTAL ANNUALY CHARGES OF 396.26X12=4755.12. BUT WE HAVE COLLECT THE INTEREST OF 200.00Rs. ONLY ANNUAL OF Rs. 5000.00

SO SIR, PLEASE HELP US VERY NEEDFULL.

THANKS & REGARDS :
SANTOSH CHANDRA JAIN
PRATAPGARH (UP) - 230001
9450188449
PAWAN AGRWAL
 
Mar 9, 2015

NON ACTIVATION OF SAVING ACCOUNT UNDER JAN-DHAN-YOJNA

SIR, ON 04/12/14
I OPENED AN SAVING ACCOUNT UNDER THE SCHEME OF JAN-DHAN-YOJNA
AT AXIS BANK BILASPUR BRANCH IN THE NAME OF SUNITA GOYAL
:
SIR,AFTER FULFILL THE PROCESURE AXIS BANK GIVEN ME DEBIT CARD AND AN ACCONT NUMBER
914010043147381
:
SIR,THIS SAME ACCOUNT NUMBER I TOLD TO MY HP GAS DEALER AT BILASPUR M/S. BANGLA GAS AGENCY AND GAS AGENCY LINKED MY ACCOUNT TO MY GAS CONNECTION
:
SIR,SUBSIDY OF RS.832 HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO AXIS BANK AND AS BANK ALSO CONFIRMED, BUT TILL THEN AXIS BANK DOES NOT ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT TO WITHDRAW THAT AMOUNT
:
SIR, HOW THIS PROCCESURE IS OF AXIS BANK TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT
SIR,PLEASE DO THENEEDFUL PLEASE
neerja22
 
Mar 5, 2015

MISBEHAVIOR BY MR.PRASHANT TRIPATHI (OFFICER) AT UNION BANK OF INDIA YASHODA NAGAR BRANCH

MISBEHAVIOR BY MR.PRASHANT TRIPATHI (OFFICER) AT UNION BANK OF INDIA YASHODA NAGAR BRANCH
Dear Sir

With great distress & sorrow I would like to forward a complaint against PRASHANT TRIPATHI, an officer of Union Bank of India yashoda nagar branch for misbehaving with me (Neerja Shukla, account no.551702010165973) and my Mother Rekha Shukla who have been a long time customer of the bank . Mr Prashant Tripathi's behaviour with the customer is very non cooperative . On 04/03/2015 I , Neerja Shukla along with my mother Rekha Shukla went to the branch for getting a fixed deposit of Rs 100000 made but he was very lazy and lethargic with his work and also refused to do the same , with pan masala in his mouth he was very lazy and lethargic with every customer's work and also used abusive words with my mother.Even the branch manager did not take appropriate action against him. The whole coverage must be in the branch's CCTV footage
I request you to please take some appropriate action against the above mentioned as everybody gets troubled to do the banking.
BANK NAME : UNION BANK OF INDIA , PASHUPATI NAGAR, YASHODA NAGAR BRANCH
ifsc code ; UBIN0555177
akeelamd2@gmail.com
 
Mar 4, 2015

Negative Balance

Sir
I am Akeel Ahmad with SBI account no. 30488150424
My account is showing negative balance worth Rs.Rs 6100 for which I complained to branch manager but he said that the negative balance was withdrwn by you. Sir is it possible for me to wwithdra extra balance.While my balance available in the account was Rs. 3100. Now sir tell me the solution.
Thanking you Akeel Ahmad
Mob. 9897949363
RAHAIL0786
 
Mar 3, 2015

REFUSE TO PROVIDE ATM CARD

SIR, I (MD ISLAM ANSARI) JOINT A/C HOLDER WITH MY BROTHER. I RECEIVED AN ATM CARD. BUT IT IS EXPIRE ON 28/02/2015. I WENT ON 03.03.2015 FOR TAKING NEW ATM CARD.BUT BANK REFUSE TO PROVIDE ATM FOR SAYING ONLY YOUR BROTHER CIF NO.IS AVAILABLE HERE.I SAID HOW CAN IT POSSIBLE.I PROVIDE ADDRESS & ID PROOF FOR CIF, TO BANK. BUT HE DENY TO GIVE ATM CARD,ALTHOUGH I GOT ATM CARD IN PAST.ACCOUNT IS RUNNING ON EITHER OR SURVIVOR MODE.MY ACCOUNT BALANCE IS RS.105058.92 (AT PRESENT) .HOW CAN I WILL CONTINUE WITH YOU. MY ACCOUNT IS ALLAHABAD BANK J.L.ROAD MUZAFFARPUR (BIHAR) SB A/C NO. IS 20926105185. PLEASE HELP ME . CONTACT NO. 09507343725 OR 9534843720 E -mail -islamdholi@yahoo.com
M.k.jain
 
Mar 1, 2015

Damaged note

Dear Sir

With great distress & sorrow I would like to  forward a complaint of Mohd Rihan Indian Bank Ac/No-605170227 ATM No-5044339141962739683  that today he used your mentioned ATM but landed in severe problem.Six notes of 1000 each were damaged.He ran everywhere SBI Gandhinagar branch,tried to contact Atm mentainance company but no one helped him.
You are herebye requested to setup an urgent inquiry regarding the same.How such damaged notes were kept in ATM.Provide immediate relief to  Mohd Rihan by replacing damaged notes & take firm action agaist the ATM mentainance company.Please inform us through a revert email.Copy of damaged notes are attached with the mail.
Manoj jain
D 3 main road shastri park delhi 110053
9871627532
durga prasad5075
 
Feb 19, 2015

intrest subvention 3% & excess intrest charged

TO,
ASSISSTANT GENERAL MANAGER
ALLAHABAD BANK,
ZONAL OFFICE, Date 12/01/2015
CIVIL LINE SITAPUR ,261001

DEAR SIR,

DEAR SIR,
I REQUESTED YOU TO FOR PROVIDE INTREST SUBVENTION (PROMPT PAYER REPAYMENT TO KCC AC HOLDER) IN KCC ACCOUNT NO. 50149393691 LIMIT RS 240000/-DISBURSHED ON DATED 23/03/2013 AND ,I REPAY THE TOTAL AMOUNT WITHIN ONE YEAR, ON DATED 28/02/2014 UNDER LONG DURATION CROP eg. SUGARCANE CROP . SO WE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR INTREST SUBVENTION 3% FOR F.Y. 2013-14.
IN SECOND DISBURSHMENT ON DATED 01/03/2014 Rs. 240000/- AND I REPAY THE 240000+ @ 7% INTREST ON DATED 30/10/2014 IN F.Y. 2014-15, BUT LIMIT IS NOT SET IN CBS AS PER REQUIRED PROCEDURE FOR LIMIT DISBURSHMENT .IF LIMIT IS NOT SET IN CBS, THEN BY DEFAULT CARD RATE INTREST IS APPLY.THESE PROBLEM IN MY KCC ACCOUNT NO.50149393691.
AFTER MY KNOWLEDGE WE DICUSSED WITH BRANCH MANAGER AND GIVE A REQUEST APPLICATION FOR INTREST SUBVENTION 3% & CORRECTION IN EXCESS INTREST APPLIED IN MY KCC ACCOUNT ,THEN HE TOLD TO ME YOUR REQUEST LETTER SEND TO ZONAL OFFICE SITAPUR AFTER THE APPROVAL WE CORRECT IT BUT TILL DATE MY PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVE.
SO I REQUEST FOR PROVIDE TO ME INTREST SUBVENTION BOTH F.Y. 2013-14,2014-15 & ALSO RETURN EXCESS INTREST IN MY KCC ACCOUNT AS PER GOVT. OF INDIA DIRECTIVES.
PLEASE TREAT MATTER URGENT
ALLAHABAD BANK,BRANCH HIPUR DEVIYAPUR
.
REGARDS
DURGA PRASAD
MOB NO. 9451139336
siddiq khan
 
Feb 19, 2015

atm pin realeted

respected sir
my name is siddiq khan iam a cutomer of sbbj branch subhash bazar tonk my atm card issue in nov 2014 but my atm pin no is not issue in current day of this month iam meet in many times in my branch but chief branch manger is not working in my problem his behaviour is very poor in our customer so request please solved my problem as soon as possible

thankig you sir

siddiq khan tonk rajasthan

mob 8290580694
rameshwar prasad
 
Jan 19, 2015

Not recipt cass in ATM withdrol

Dear Sir / Mam,

I am Rameshwar Prasad my Bank account Union Bank of India Rathayatra Shakha Varanasi me hai my account no is 360602010208620 hai.By UBI Atm transaction Lanka I got 10000 rupees in 1st translation.and 2nd I put up 7000 amount then press botton ok but ATM hang no monney receipt only I got one SMS on mobile 10000 more amount debit in your account on date 27/10/2014 at 4:38 P M. .

I complain on line and my branch he is say only your amount return within 15 th day of working I go to bank but he is saying again 15th day now 2month and 18 day complied but no any response by bank .Please help me Sir.

Thanking you

Rameshwar Prasad
anjay mishra
 
Jan 17, 2015

debit pnb complane

Hamara complane kiye hue the aaplog ki kripya se hamara complane solav kiye our bank se paisa dilane ke liye dhanyawad karta hun aap sabhi bank lokpal ko shukriya ada kar raha hun mai aaplogo ki sada abhari rahunga


Frome
Anjay kumar mishra
vill. Khekra
Distt. Baghpat
Up west
250101
contactkap@yahoo.co.in
 
Jan 12, 2015

lazy and lethargic working culture

respected sir,
Here in this branch nobody has do the work in time. for opening the saving bank account it will take 1-2 months and so many persons are here whose account have not open till now.
I got the TCRN and TARN no. before one month back, but still not getting the welcome-kit, passbook and debit card even though i deposited the Rs 500 in the new saving account. when i demanded they said passbook is out of stock and come by monday. Every time or most frequently server become down. the customer of this branch is fully faded from this work culture. This is only one example.
Branch manager also not hearing properly responsed, he said here is too much overloaded, that's what work has been delayed. every work required a complete day or more than day.
The behaviour of the staff is also not cooperative. You inquired once then you come to know what exactly happened in the bank. I request you to please take some appropriate action against the working staff. everybody gets troubled to do the banking, but the cumpulsion is there as a govt. and nationalide bank.
Bank name : SBI Shirpur, Dist. Dhule, maharashtra, Branch, Main branch Shirpur 425405. IFSC code : 00482
vikas kumar rana
 
Jan 8, 2015

canara bank ne kisi or ka krja mere account se diya

Sir
Mere account 2160101006445 se 3638rs Canara bank daha zila baghpat ne date 10/07/2013me kisi or ki r.c.ke jama kr diye.bar bar application dene pr bhi action nahi huaa.Rigonal office me application bhejne pr bhi koi action nahi ho raha.kirpya krvahi karne ka kast kren

Baljora

V+p gaidbara
Distt baghpat
U.p.250622
8859445123

Complaint Registration Form

    Information of the Company you are complaining about
    Subject of Complaint
    City (optional)
    Complaint Details
    Attach photos (optional)
    Confirmation code

    Submit

    Share this site with others

         
          

    Recently Updated Complaints

    B S N L - cant make calls
    Hi,9419630110- this is my no and i am getting this...
    280424 - sushil ror bastali
    My paytm wallet cash pending My account no. 9068150180...
    Coca Cola - selected as a winner of cocacola fifa womens world cup
    Dear lucky winner your phone number won 550,000 USD so I...
    samaj kalyan vibhag uttar pradesh - Not getting UP scholarship yet
    To, The Samaj Kalyan Adhikari Samaj Kalyan...
    Moto e 2nd gen 3g mobile - Product missing
    I hv ordered moto e 2nd gen 3g mobile on flipkart on 3rd...
    royal enfield - Please tell me status thunderbird 350
    Manager Royal enfield I Sachin Budhrani, have...
    Aircel - Daily Rs. 1 getting deducted towards KTK106RC1
    I have not activated/renewed any services but still daily...
    snapdeal - product cancelled by snapdeal and compensation amount will...
    my Order ID: 5704304357 is cancelled by snapdeal and offer...
    paytm - my account was blocked
    my account was blocked by paytm and 5691 rs in my account
    MJT travels - Complaint about travel agent
    Hi, I have booked a ticket in MJT travels from Trichy...
         
     

    User Registration

    Already a Complaint Board member? Log in now.
    Username:
    E-mail address:
    Password:
    Code:
    or connect with Facebook

    User Registration

    A confirmation email was sent to "".
    To confirm your account, please click the link in the message.

    If you don't see the email in your Inbox, please check your Spam box.

    User Login

    Not a member of Complaint Board? Register now.
    E-mail address:
    Password:
    Forgot your password?
    E-mail address:
    Back
    Loading, please wait...
    Your password has been sent to the specified email address. Log in
    or connect with Facebook

    User Facebook Login

    Enter Username