BMTC

Consumer complaints and reviews about BMTC

g.thirukumar

Mar 1, 2015

No BTS buses stopping 401, 401A

At KV No.2 School Jalahalli East, Bus STOP Board has fixed, but no buses are Stopping and also opposite to the Stop No Board has been installed. Hence, the commutters have to walk from Gangamma Circle to KV No.2 School and again they have to walk from KV No.2 School to Gangamma Circle. Requested to look into the grievances of the Commuters, particularly the aged persons are facing lot problems. Thanking You.

G Thirukumar, Min of Defence Council Member
madhuvarrier

Feb 24, 2015

Unjustifiable and harassing behavior from lady check inspectors

Today 24 Feb 2015. This is what happened in my wife's life which should not happen for any other passengers. My wife was on her way back home to Somupra from Koramangala. She got onboard to a G2 BMTC service(Bus Number KA 01 FA 2280) from Jakkasandra 1 bus stop. The conductor was at the rear and in another 800 meters the bus reached Jakkasandra 2 bus stop. In this one minute of time, the conductor was unable to collect the amount from everyone and there onboarded two female check inspectors. All of a sudden they grabbed the ticket rack from conductor, asked my wife and a few co passengers to pay a fine of Rs. 250/-. Even the conductor got fined by the inspectors. They were not ready to listen to the passengers and threatened my wife of taking to police station and used a few words in kannada which I can not mention here. She was forced to pay Rs.250/- along with co passenger.As my wife called me, I left my office and took her to BMTC office in Shanti Nagar and lodged a complaint with acknowledgement number BMTCC10113913. The officials in BMTC office were so helpful to us till now and waiting for the progress on this complaint. We work in private companies and does not mind paying Rs. 22/- for a ticket or Rs. 250/- as a donation to the inspector. It is very clear that the inspector did not follow the rules as they never collected the name or enquired for ID proof before issuing the fine receipt. I am not sure being a female how that inspector could behave without any sense. I agree if the bus had moved further by 2 kms or so but here is just a distance of 700 meters at sight and i bet no conductor in a bus full of rush can collect the amount in time. Guys, please make sense in our day to day work. I really demand an apology letter from the inspection officials on this matter.
PriyaSB

Feb 24, 2015

Lost purse which had PAN card and Voters ID

Hello BMTC,

My name is Priya.Betageri and I wanted a help from BMTC,Bangalore regarding my black coloured purse which is being missed in the BMTC bus no- 333 which was travelling from Mejestic to Marathalli Bridge.

I dont have the ticket details and the bus number but I remember , the bus was departed from Mejestic at around 11.20pm and had reached Marathalli Bridge at around 1.20pm on 24th Feb 2015.

I had my ID cards of Voters ID and PAN card(PAN number: AZAPB8563E) and some moeny in that purse.

I could not get much details from BMTC customer care as I dont have proper details they require.

Any BMTC Drivers-Conductors finding that purse please let me know.
My contact number is: 8971281932, 9986281397

Priya.SB
soniamarkose

Unauthorized Penalty

I am a regular user of bmtc bus. Daily I travel from geddalahalli hennur to marathahalli yemalur for work. Today I got into 330 bus from marathahalli bridge to get down at borewell bus stop. I was waiting for the conductor to come and give me the tickets. By the time the ticket checkers got into the bus and asked for the tickets, and I did not have. I told them the conductor did not come to collect the tickets. But they were not ready to hear me and did not allow me to get down at my bus stop. And they asked for the penalty to be paid. The conductor was asking me why I did not go to her to collect the tickets. I have never seen people to go to conductors to collect tickets in bmtc buses. Usually it is vice versa. I told them the same many times and they did not ready to accept it also. I am a regular traveller and never faced these kind of situation till now. And for 12 rs I don't need to do like this. And they allowed me to get down in a different bus stop which is far from my office and again I have to travel to reach office.

Bus route number is 330. Here is the details of receipt which is the only thing I have .

Receipt number : 23535 , U-14D, TR-34
Date: 24/02/2014
Durai raj

Feb 23, 2015

BMTC crimes: Need camera not name tags

I experienced conductor in BMTC not giving proper change, sometime not giving tickets after getting money from public, stopping the bus in the bus stop and telling only for people traveling with pass and not giving exact rated ticket for specific distance.

Rather than giving name tag to conductor and driver. set camera in bus.
BMTC earning money illegally without giving proper service and using public's money

Raj
bandeep

Feb 23, 2015

Lost plastic bag containing food items

I lost my black shoppers stop plastic bag in BMTC 356 CW which was going to Wipro gate from Silk board. Please contact me at 9916574398 if you find it.

Bandeep
preethi hk gowda

Feb 10, 2015

Conductor is not willing to issue proper

I was travelling from Navarang to Prashanth nagar (Shobha hospital ) in Root No-401K Bus No-KA 57 F75 on 09.02.2015 evening at 7 pm to 7.30 pm I have paid to conductor 17 rs, she took it and kept in bag and not issuing ticket.I asked her repeatedly she was given me a 5 Rs ticket then immediately i asked give me proper ticket that. till govindraj nagar she is not give proper ticket then all passenger shouted on that lady then she is given me a ticket. and she is shouting on me so badly.

I request to responsible person to take strict action against such conductors, and this type of experience i faced many times, so please take proper action.
SKris

Feb 8, 2015

Rude bus conductor

We were three of us (girls) who took a bus from Bommanahalli to Electronic City on 6th Feb 2015 (Friday) . The bus Reg no. - KA01F4295, Bus no.-361. The bus conductor came to collect the money and gave us tickets for Rs. 57. We paid him Rs. 100 since we genuinely did not have exact change for 57 to pay him. He started asking very rudely that he wanted exact change. So we three showed him our wallet and told him we don't have change but we can give him Rs. 7 so that he can give us back Rs. 50 (balance). He started yelling at us and kept on telling us to get off from the bus midway. Finally, when we told we wont get off, he managed to get Rs. 50 from his purse. And even though we gave him Rs. 7 change, he was telling it is only Rs. 6 and we paid Re. 1 again. The bus conductor was bulky and had a dark complexion. Pls take action so that customers don't face such a behaviour again.
Sonajain

Jan 29, 2015

Lost Tupper ware Lunch Box in 500CA Volvo bus

I lost my new Tupper ware lunch box in 500CA volvo bus yesterday in the evening around 6:15 PM when i was travelling from Kundan Halli gate to Intel office.

If anyone find it then please contact on Mobile no. 9902052982.

Animesh
rathessh

Jan 22, 2015

Bad Behavior of BMTC Bus Conductor

I boarded the BMTC bus (Bus No:KA 01 F 47111) from Jayadeva bus stop . The bus was going to Meenakshi Temple(Last Stop).
Date and time was : 22-01-2015 9:14 PM .The conductor was very rude and behaved badly at me . I took ticket to Meenakshi Temple and was taking the purse from my bag to pay 14/- rs. He started shouting at me to make it fast as he needs to go home early.I asked for 1 minute to check the exact change of 14 /- RS .He started scolding me again so badly . With no time i gave him 20 Rs so as not to waste his time by searching for the change of 4 rs. He gave the ticket but he didn't give the balance . When i asked for the balance he said I wasted his time and when he get change he will give my balance. I was totally irritated by this and when i asked the balance again while i was getting down from the bus he shouted at me .He was so arrogant and didn't even know how to behave at passengers.
I want to let him know that there are ways where we can lodge the complaints against such people.
mkk007

Jan 19, 2015

Misbehave of conductor and Driver

Hello Sir,

I would like to share my experience from BMTC bus running between Ejipura and Shivajinagar depot. I got into bus 141E in Monday evening from Mayo hall Bus stop to Ejipura 24th Cross. Usually it charges INR 17. I paid Rs 20 and conductor didn't give the balance but he made a note on the other side of the ticket as '3'. When I reached my stop, I asked for the balance, but he told he doesn't have change. In fact I saw changes in his hand a moment before. After a minutes arguments he was ready to pay Rs 2. So I asked him to show his Bag. He opened his bag and showed, it didn't have any coins. I don't know where was all the coins gone?! During this time the conductor starts bullying me and driver dove the bus to the next stop. Conductor told me he will get my balance once they reached last stop. By that time we already passed the stop which I was supposed to get down. The conductor shouted like 'THIS IS NOT YOUR KERALA...' etc. Since I am new to Bangalore I didn't get what he said exactly. Both conductor and Driver shouted at me and blamed me in front of other passengers.

I may neglect if it is happen only once after I came to Bangalore. But I am facing same issue in every week, at least three times in a week with this HIGH intensity. HUMILIATED ENOUGH. The conductors in BMTC buses NEVER give the balance, they always write a NOTE on other side of ticket and they smoothly forget give the money, if we are not asked.

Altogether, 50% of the BMTC conductors I met so far are THIEVES. I never say everybody. I am sure the conductor who gave the attached ticket is a THIEF. I don't want my money back, but I need justice for every passenger in BMTC buses. This is not single event, its reported in NEWS PAPERS on a daily basis. But still everything is same.

Kindly do needful

Mohanan

Misbehave of conductor and Driver

sindh30

Jan 16, 2015

Behavior by BMTC crew

My compliant is against the bus conductor in bus number KA 57 F 500. The bus operates between banngerghatta road to majestic. Sometime back I boarded this bus at Bilekahalli. I handed over 50 rupees to the conductor. The fare is 12 rupees to Diary circle. The conductor did not have the change neither did I have 2 rupees change.

When I politely told him that I do not have change, he started yelling asking me to get off the bus. This behavior was not expected of the conductor. I have been traveling in this route for more than 7 months now. I hand over the 2 rupees to conductor even without them asking whenever I have the change. I do understand that the conductor might sometimes run out of change just like passengers do. But behavior like this is not expected. I am appalled by his behavior. I even told him that there was no need for him to shout. Yet he continued yelling.

I request you to train your bus crew to speak properly to the passengers so that such incidents can be avoided. Nobody wants to start their day like this. It is the duty of the bus crew to treat the passengers well.
jpnaidu.t

Jan 16, 2015

Tickets not being issued

BMTC bus conductors are taking 2Rupees lesser than the actual ticket fare and they are not issuing the tickets. For example i took a bus which goes from hebbal to kengeri, i climbed at badrappa layout busstop i was supposed to go to BEL circle. As i was waiting for the conductor he did not turn upto me. I couldn't wait longer smi decided to go to him directly. I gave him 10rs thinking tht the tickt fare would be 6rupees. As he did not give me any ticket, i asked him the ticket fare he said it's 12rupees. I took out 2 rupees more and asked fir the ticket. Mean while the bus reached BEL circle. The conductor said ur stop has come you get down. I did not have any other ootion than to get down. No ticjet was issued to me and the conductor took my 10 rs. This is happening in each and every BMTC bus. If actual collections of the commuters is showed to BMTC the ticket fares would also come down. Please take necessary action.

Dharani Kiran

Jan 8, 2015

Delay in arrival due to extra waiting time at bus stops

I wanted to complain about this since long time. Finally I decided to do it today.
As a bangalorean every one is aware of the huge traffic in the Marathahalli-ITPL route.
The frequency of BMTC Volvo bus in this route is very high and the charge they collect for this is 3 times that of an ordinary service.
When we pay so much for the travel, least expectation is to reach on time. But, these days most of the BMTC buses stop at every bus stop atleast for 5 -10mins waiting for the passengers. 5-10mins at every stage adds on to the already expected traffic jam in this route, thus further delaying the travel time and causing a lot of inconvenience. Whenever we plan to attend a meeting or an urgent appointment, it is better not to take these buses as we never know where the bus will stand idle..This kind of behaviour from BMTC volvo is intolerable owing to the fare they collect from us.

This is happening with almost all the Volvo buses flying in this route. Since the frequency of the buses is high in this route, BMTC should intruct drivers/conductors to adhere to the timelines and set a reasonable to target so that they don't behave in this manner.

I do not know how to raise this concern. Hence, raising it in this forum.

Today I traveled in the Bus No: KA 01 FA 1846
Travel date: 08-Jan-15
Pavan PD

Dec 20, 2014

lost item

I left my spectacle in bmtc vajra 360b near bommanahalli at around 2pm on 20-12-2014.
If anybody finds it please call or send a message to 7411878147
Name: Pavan P D
mahe123

Dec 17, 2014

lost purse

I lost my purse today 17th dec 2014 in 335E bus which travelled from majestic to marthahalli bridge .
It has my HDFC & SBH debit cards and PAN card.and some monet in it.

Please call me on my number (8095380102)
archana.ml

Dec 16, 2014

Driver speaking over phone while driving

BUS NO: KA 01 FA 608

I boarded bus from Banashankari towards Kanakpura Road (METRO STOP).
Driver was talking over his cell phone through out the journey.
Irresponsible behavior.

Please do take action against him.
navshiva

Dec 11, 2014

driver slapped me and grab my neck

Time: 6:15pm
Date 10/12/2014
Bus No: 334E
Today when I was traveling from Marathahalli to Whitefield, there was some argument between one guy and conductor regarding signature on bus pass. Suddenly at Kodi bus stop conductor took that guy near to the driver seat. After that driver started hitting that guy. So I stand up from my seat and tell the conductor how they can hit someone. That moment driver came to me also and slap me and grab my neck. Somehow I was able to came out of that bus otherwise they might have hit me more. I was so scared that I left the scene without saving the bus registration number. This driver can even kill someone. I want to file a FIR against this driver and conductor. Please provide me the details of bus driver and conductor.
email id: navshiva12@gmail.com
Naveen
Vasanthchrist

Dec 11, 2014

Using rude words with girls

Iam the Student Of Christ University, persuing Bcom Evening Course. and my class starts from evening 4:30-8:30pm. On 10-12-2014, that is on wednesday. My friends ,and me from christ university bustop we boarded up in Chandapura Bus. And all our friends has a pass, in that only Bcom is mentioned and Evening is not mentioned and it is not mandatory also. When the conductor came back side of the bus for ticket, we as usual showed our student passes. He asked us the following questions:
1. The Student Pass is valid only from morning 9:00am to evening 6:00pm
2.All the students who has such kind of student pass , they should get out of the bus.
3. He asked us, in student pass Evening is not mentioned only Bcom is mentioned so the students are cheating the governament . i mean the transport corporation,

Other Thing is that in the same bus, one of my friend ,a girl, she was standing in the very front of the bus. The conductor went there and he asked for ticket and she showed her student pass. He spoke the following words to that girl:
1. You are not at all going to college.
2. You are cheating your parents and going for dating with some guys.
3. you dont have common sense, and showing the invalid pass.
4. Get out of the bus.
5. If you give police complaint also i dont care about that.
6. Iam not scared of any one.
7.Do what ever you want, i am not afraid of anything.

In tha gap between collecting tickets in the back side of tha bus and before coming to this girl, he asked other two girls also to get out of the bus , the reason is pass.

The reason is KAO8952

The Following are my questions?

1. Is there any rule called - The student Pass is not valid after 6: 00 PM. Then What is the situation of the evening college students?
2. Is that Mandatory to mentioned Bcom Evening in the pass?
3. Is that words spoken by the conductor is ok , according to you?
4. If Such Kind of Conductors are there in service , Then where is the place for girl's freedom?

I hope you will give a satisfactory judgement legally/

jesintha

Dec 6, 2014

RASH DRIVING

today ie on 6/12/14 ,@ 4:00 pm near magadi road tolgate bus number is 350 and KA-57-F-778 , The bus driver hit my swift car and the fault was with bus driver , he didn't even stop the bus for some 4 kilometer i followed the bus at last i blocked the way , but he not ready to accept the mistake and scolding us , if he as not done the mistake y shld he run and please inform them atleast to speak decently at public place itself thy use vulgar words, i can complain to police bcoz traffic police also saw wht he did , but i know later he has to face problem , i know thy serve public but thy have big responsibility when thy drive . please give them good training in driving , and to use proper words with respect to others.

Please consider
akash vp

Dec 5, 2014

DRIVER SMOKING WHILE DRIVING

when I was travelling to majestic in a bus today.The bus was stopped in Indian express signal.In the adjacent side another bus was standing peenya 2 stage to shivaijinagar (252A).The driver of that bus was smoking in the bus.The registration no of that bus is KA-01-2071(not sure whether its 2071 or 2017).I kindely request to take action.
regards,
AKASH V.P.
Nicholastharakan@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2014

Rash driving

8:20 Am November 25th. Bus with registration KA-57-F-389 was seen driving rash and overtaking on a single lane road on Lower Agaram road causing vehicles to have to stop and let him pass. The driver was seen using intimidating tactics and aggression on the road. Kindly rid our roads of such characters.
bkanwar

Nov 20, 2014

Introduce buses from Veeranaplaya to shivaji nagar/majestic

Please introduce buses from Veeranapalya, outer ring road heading towards Shivaji nagar/Majestic. At present there are no buses on tat route. People either have to take autos to sultanpalya or pushpanjali theatre and these auto drivers charges highly and sometimes misbehave with ladies or senior citezen.

I see there are lot of buses from Nagawara signal to shivaji nagar, majestic but NONE from Veranapalya.

This is an Humble request to BMTC to kindly intriduce some buses to and fro this route..

manasapatil

Oct 23, 2014

Looting public

BMTC (BANGALORE city bus) are looting the public with high bus fares and toll fares. I being an IT employee feel their fares difficult to afford then think about other people from lower class, will they be able to afford? Their calculation of fares are so illogical that some places just 1 km of bus travel will cost 12Rs. In the name of toll charges its a maha loot. They are not concerned about people but just worried about money collection.

Requests made with 100s of peoples signatures are just piece of paper to them and they do not entertain such public interactions. They do not have a proper complaint board from which we get proper responses.

Many routes just have Volvo buses leaving public no choice but to pay 100Rs for 10 kms. A depot manager denied arranging an ordinary bus in a route when hundreds of people requested because it affects their profit. Again no place for peoples problem. Trust me , for the wonderful weather conditions of Bangalore nobody wants so many Volvo buses running around.

Due to this many find car travel cheaper and commute by personal vehicle and causing traffic.

And what to tell about the staff behavior(drivers and conductors). The words they use to abuse even after paying "Corporate rates" cannot even be put up here.

I just want to meet the logic head behind all this BMTC planning.
On behalf of a female friend

Oct 21, 2014

Forced to pay fine for no mistake of mine

Today (21st October 2014) morning at around 9.10 AM, I got into a bus 324C at Marathahalli. I was sitting in the front waiting for the conductor to come from back. I had to go to Richmond Circle, which was at least 1 hr - 1hr30 min travel. Just within minutes after I got into the bus, a checking inspector came. She came and asked for tickets. I reasoned with her that I just got in a stop before and was still waiting for the tickets to be issued with 20Rs in my hand. She started arguing that it was not her fault and I was travelling without ticket and need to pay fine.

The conductor who knew that it was not my mistake also did not come forward. I tried my best not to pay fine for a mistake I did not commit. But the checking inspector was screaming at me like it was my fault. I was totally embarassed, I did not know Kannada and they did not know much English. It was getting very difficult to reason out with them and so gave in to the unfairness. I decided to pay 230Rs as fine to avoid me getting into any further problems. In the fine receipt also, she did not mention my boarding point. She just wrote some other boarding point in Kannada, which I did not understand. When I told her that, she refused to change that as well.

I have been a victim today, paying fine for the mistake I did not commit. It is not about the money, but about the plain unfairness. About forcing an innocent and honest person to accept that she is wrong when she is not. I am usually proud of our country, but when such unfairness happen, I lose a little bit of faith on fairness our country can provide.

The bus Route is 324 C. The bus number is KA 01 FA 1084. The checking inspector name is Suma. I am attaching the Fine receipt along with this complaint. If there is even a little bit of fairness left in the country, let it refund me the fine that I did not deserve to pay along with a simple apology for the embarassment that I did not deserve to go through.

A female IT professional yearning for Justice
+91 9962555497.

Forced to pay fine for no mistake of mine

Indian Railway - Theft / Robbery of Educational, identity and financial...
    I was travelling from LTT (Mumbai) to AWY (Aluva, Kerala)...
    AMC LUCKNOW - ppo
    To The Record Office Army Medical...
    Bank Of India - lottery winner
    Customer services, www.notifics.rbi.org.in THE RESERVE...
    snapdeal - Unable to make purchase,
    I m regular customer of snapdeal, but just from few days i...
    Vijay Tv - Vijay TV Cheated Tamil audience
    Vijay TV should have announced the total number of votes...
    customercare---honda2wheelersindia.com - New Honda Activa 125cc
    My new1months old Activa 125cc silver metallic front side...
    mobi kwik - Recharge amount deducated
    recharge amount deducated my a/c of sbi deducated 200...
    Samsung india limited - Fault in Samsung LED television
    Hello, This msg/email is in relation to issue with the...
    ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited - NOC certificate. Issued
    Delete my URN- ICII1601140045 Faiz khan March 2...
    BEST - INFLATED ELECTRICITY BILL
    Dt. 2nd March, 2015. To, The consumer Deptt,...