This is regarding the Road development at Sector 23 Ghansoli (Near
Rabale Gothivali Gaon). We are facing this issue from past 2 years and
this time its seriously checking our patience and hence directly
writing to you.
There was no road construction even if three building were built and
Occupation certificate was granted to both. Residents of both
buildings stayed without road for 2 years without any complaints as we
know that it takes time for development. We were happy to see the road
work started in April 2016. But again due to Road Height level issue
the work was stopped. But again it started in Mid May. The road
leveling was done using the debris and muddy soil. The drainage/sewage
pipes were inserted with water pipes. The manholes were created. But
by mid of June the work was almost stopped. Thankfully the rains
started late and we started to face worst situation in a planned metro
city like Navi Mumbai.
1) The area around manhole is filled with low quality soil which
immediately created mud with 1st rain. Even if you walk on it, you
will have to give extra efforts to remove your legs. Because of this,
even the vehicles got stuck in the mud. People asked for crane to
remove their vehicles.
2) Residents staying here are unable to walk on these path as we get
stuck and there is no support get us out. Most of the ladies staying
here are working women and unfortunately there are 4-5 pregnant women
who have no option but to walk on this dangerous path in the evening
and that to without street lights.
3) There is no way for the drainage of water which gets accumulated
during heavy rain at the path near Gothivali Cricket ground. Even the
Rickshaw , Cabs are not ready to take us to our place because of this
4) last year we managed the road ourselves by dumping cement debris
which are now beneath the mud.
5) there are no street lights which becomes horrible to walk on this
lonely road with reptile animals like snake.
I am raising an issue as even after paying for tax, development
charges to government in a Metro City like Navi Mumbai, we are not
getting basic facility of road to our homes.
1) We are not aware about the reason why the work suddenly stopped?
2) If you knew that the road can not be completed in given time, by
less workers, why you did not increase number of workers?
3) Why the work was not started before April? why it started just
before the rains?
4) If you knew that the work can not be completed, why you did not
make any temporary provision for residents?
5) If anything bad happens to residents because of road, who will take
the responsibility? Especially for pregnant women who will take care
if they face any issue.
Requesting you to look after this issue and complete the work as soon
as possible as this is the situation after 15 days of rain, we are
still left with the 4 months and it would be very difficult to manage
to live here.
I know nothing would be impossible for you. Atleast for the sake of
humanity please look into these photographs which are 10 days back
(5days of rain) and think about the life of ladies, school going
children, old people and please please assist us.
Awaiting for your positive actions. Thank you Sir.