HCL Me Tablet

Consumer complaints and reviews about HCL Me Tablet

aggrieved customer

Nov 7, 2013

HCL ME U1 tablet

I bought HCL ME U1 tablet in aug'2012.It now developed problem of not booting up.The 'ME' logo is continously coming.
When contacted Service center today they told the MotherBoard is damaged and since it is out of warranty now the charges will be around 3500/=.
The Motherboard getting damaged is due to surely an inferior product, but what to do,

a aggrieved customer
stuts143

Nov 3, 2013

its not functioning

I just bought new HCL v3 tablet around 3 days back, now its touch function stopped working, its hanged, cannot be shut down or reset. This HCL brand is not worth taking. Please dont buy this brand product. Its not reliable as well not a good brand.
K255

Oct 26, 2013

HCL Tab Mother Board Faulty Design

I bought HCL U1 tab one year back with Sl# 912STN105549 from SSDN info solutions Nehru Place on 22-9-2012.

Tab does not switch on, and stopped working exactly on the day of warranty expiry i.e., 22-9-2013!

The tab was used by children only on weekends or holidays that too we used it with utmost care, well protected and not more than one hour/day. Right from the beginning the tab had problems in shut down. When I took it to the dealer he said, simply use a pin to reset.
Service centres don t work on Sunday. Today being a non working saturday when I went to the service centre, they said that the mother board is faulty and it will take Rs 4,000. What did I do to the mother board? Is it my fault. Honestly no. HCL charged 330+ rupees to take a look at it and say that their product Mother board is faulty only to return the tab back without repair. And on the bill they shamelessly wrote Tablet Shield Install and email set up. What an ethics!!! At the time of my complaint, I could see four or five other innocents with same complaints.

I have this stupid affinity to buy Indian made products. But I hang my head in shame in front of my children for gifting them this useless product. I am writing this because others who want to take a buy decision shall simply keep off this BIG JOKE on consumers called HCL Tab.

Mr. VINEET NAIR:- HCL' S FAULTY DESIGN OF MOTHER BOARD IS NOT MY PROBLEM Surely it is your employees' failure and faulty design. Be magnanimous to accept that If we have strict laws in this country, you would have been asked to recall your products and refund our money. Well please quit electronic Industry if you do not have the potency to make quality products and do professional ethics. When HCL s claims "Employee First, Customer Next", I as a cutomer practically realized today what kind of pathetic result they produce a product that fails after one year!! History has shown us that you can fool some you can fool over some period of time. But you can fool all and all the time.

RVK
New Delhi
deep.dobriyal

Oct 17, 2013

mobile network not available

I purchase this hcl me connec 2g 2.0 tablet before 6 days i insert my sim of vodafone which i used in my phone sony errecsion set but when i used this tablet show no network or gave massage mobile network not available when i used it for calling or browse application.how can i solve it please give solution soon.

Deepshikha
M. 9627370595
M.ID shikhahr.852@gmail.com
An innocent customer

Oct 15, 2013

TABLET NOT CHARGING

I purchased a HCL ME V1 tablet in May and after 20 days it came up with charging problem.It is not charging and when I went to the touch center they say the motherboard is damaged and you will have to pay 4,500/- for repairs.
I asked them that the tablet is in warranty and nor there is any physical damage so they should replace it and they refused and said that I have damaged the tablet.
I asked them if there is no physical damage how can the motherboard be damaged by me,so they answered ''sir we don't anything but you have damaged the motherboard''
Please help me I have got very tensed with the after sales service
Please help

N.L.Agarwal 8860601811
Badruljamali

Oct 13, 2013

Tablet charger not working

Dear sir;
I bought ME tablet model Y3 about 2 months ago, but its charger is not working and it is also in my city ,can u help me please reply.
jay sasaram

Oct 9, 2013

HCL Y2 Tablet Problem (Tablet No-512EDR003090).

I purchased HCL- Y2 Tablet (Tablet No-512EDR003090) 8 months before. This Tablet is not proper work initial date to till date. Many times submit for repair purpose HCL service center (HCL Touch sector-2) but finely not proper work. I request to you please give me solution.

Jay Shankar Singh
consumerfrnd

Oct 7, 2013

HCL tablets

People who want to get solutions to there HCL tablet sissue kindly visit facebook p[age:

to get solution and answers to your question like and share your exprience
mrithunjay

Oct 7, 2013

power on off

i purchased hcl; v1 6months before but now suddenly tab is not is not switching onn what can i do
ishaan_k

Oct 5, 2013

Defect in touch

I purchased a HCL ME Tablet G1 2 months back, but i didn't open the pack because of my exams. Now when I try to open 'All apps' screen, world clock automatically started. When I pressed the back button, same thing happened. When I tried to open browser, it zooms automatically, and starts working on its own. When i open the keyboard, the swith case button, automatically gets pressd. Please Help me.

Ishaan Khurana,
grvca

Oct 2, 2013

hcl v1 tablet

I purchased a hcl table tablet from unisef marketing Kanpur on 28-01-2013.This product has warranty of 1 year.Withi four months its usb port (framework) came out.Hcl service centre told me that as it is physical damage hence the repairing amount may vary from 600 to 4000.I told them that I used the port in the way as it was supposed to be used.I am sure that the gave me the defective product.At last I gave up and gave them Rs.600 as a repairing charges.Now a new proble has arisen now its hanging every fifteen minutes.I work in a private company .I can not request for leave every now and then for this tablet .Please help me to either change this tablet or refund the amount

Gaurav Mishra
Youraj

Sep 30, 2013

Defect of HCLCPU Sl.No.C103AB080718

dear sir, HCL CPU Sl.No.C103AB0807 is not working due defects on it's mother board. This system was procured during 2011. Please send your mechanic and get it repaired.
vicky saranta

Sep 26, 2013

Worst tab ever...wasted my hard earned money

HCL me 2G connect 2.0
no play store
dim display
slow touch response
Touch stopped responding after just 2 days of purchase
tab hung
couldn't switch off
waited for battery 2 die
now its not switching on
F**K u HCL...refund my money so that i can buy a chinese tab instead.

Vicky saranta
PRATIK SHIVHARE

Sep 22, 2013

HANGING PROBLEM ON START ON LOGO

I have HCL ME V1 CONNECT 2G Tablet and faced logo hanging problems.The tablet used to hang at ME logo on power on.THE TABLET HAS BEEN BOUGHT ONLINE & I GET THE DELIVERY ON 18-09-2013. I HARDLY USED IT FOR 3-4 HOURS & ITS STARTS HANGING ON START UP AT ME LOGO.... PLS. CAN U GIVE ME THE SOLUTION FOR THIS...
san_sax

Sep 17, 2013

Very bad HCL after sales support

Hi !,

I have purchased a HCL ME U2 Tablet (No. 113YFD027120) on 14.07.2013 and after around one month of usage it occurs a line on the screen.

After consultation with support centre, I went to authorized repair centre ‘Image Service’ 17AX, Model Town Extn. Mkt. Ludhiana, Ph : 9356040095 and deposited my tablet for under warranty repair on dt. 23.08.2013.

I was told that it will get repaired with in 4 to 5 days, but when I contacted after 3 –4 days, I was informed that there is a problem in display and requirement has been raised to HCL for procurement of part and will take another 10 to 15 days to receive the material and better I should take back my Tablet and start using till receiving of mentioned part from the company. But I didn’t picked the Tablet and it is lying at the service centre.

Now even after more than 24 days of followup with service centre and HCL Help desk, i was told to wait for another 7-8 days.

No one is there to hear / help, i bought the HCL product not because of performance but for after sales support. Now i think i should have bought Chinese Tab, which is better in performance and for any issues i can rely on local market immediate repair without looking for any gurantee / warantee.

Very very bad experience.

Sanjay 8699002677
mojo_1979

Sep 15, 2013

HCL Tablet: Request not to buy HCL products

My experience with HCL TAB Y2 (Serial Number:512EDR019171) :

I have HCL Tablet Y2 and faced logo hanging problems.The tablet used to hang at ME logo on power on.
The software upgrades thrugh SD CARD didnot work and then I went to service center at Andheri(E),Mumbai.
Since my tablet was out of warranty , I paid INR 650 for repair. HCL service center loaded firmware and said now this MUST work.In 4-5 hours I again faced HCL logo hanging issue and had to go back to service center again.
HCL service center again installed new firware (they said so, I dont know if they really installed new or old) and said now this should work. It worked for 1 hour & the problem was again seen.

When I reported this back to the service center ,they said "Sorry you need to change hardware and it will cost INR 7000". What a bad support HCL has ?
I assume service ceter was very well aware that this probelm can not be resolved and unnecessarily they made me pay for repair.

Frankly I feel HCL is nowhere competitive in this market and with choices of Lenovo, Apple, Micromax, SAmsung ,& many chinese players noone should take risk of HCL.
Not only the products are bad but their service is further frustrating. They charge you huge amounts for such useless products.

Please donot buy HCL products.
AjayJi

date: Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM
subject: Re: URGENT - Complaint - HCL Tablet - Serial No. - B12STN009701
mailed-by: gmail.com

Dear Mr Shiv Nadar and HCL Team,

I am writing this mail after giving up with the worst product and pathetic service HCL has given me. I bought
a HCL tablet "U1" in late July 2013
and since then my life has become hell and majority of my time since then is spent in either going personally to the service center of HCL or calling the untrained and rude customer care staff of HCL. This tablet did not worked even for few days and we registered complaint ( Receipt # 20744) back on 10th Aug 2013 and since then my tablet is with service center folks. I have been to the service center personally thrice since then but the experienced and skilled executives are not even able to tell when they can fix the issue and give it back. I have called numerous times to customer care but i only feel frustrated after talking to someone at customer care. One of the great staff member of HCL asked me "if your tablet does not work, whose lose is it" ... I told its your lose...i only spent Rs 5000, but i will spread the word to 5000 people and it will impact your business many folds then my loss.

Is there any kind of SLA for this ? or customers are supposed to wait till eternity ? I did not expected this from a "branded" product like HCL but the product and the service is worst till date. I also wrote to the nodal officers and the official complaint email ID's but looks like entire company staff is on leave or sleeping that no one even care to respond me. I can only say "Pathetic product and worst service" has been rendered to me so far.

Can i expect a positive response from the management team of HCL. Product is in warranty at least in papers and i will definitely approach consumer court if i am not heard even by HCL's management team. Looking forward to get my issue resolved at the earliest.

I am sorry if i sound harsh but thats the voice of a frustrated customer.

Mahesh

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Ajay Kedia <ajaykedia18@gmail.com> wrote:
All office bearers of HCL,

I feel sorry to be one of the frustrated customer of HCL wherein i did the mistake of buying a HCL tablet "U1" in late July 2013. This great product did not worked even for few days and we registered complaint ( Receipt # 20744) back on 10th Aug 2013.

Since then, we have not heard back anything from HCL. I went to the service center twice since then but i am unable to get any response from the service center. I have been calling regularly after that but most of the times phone is busy which exhibits that HCL is producing low quality products and seems most of the customers are all the time calling to get rid of the product.

Is there any kind of SLA for this ? or customers are supposed to wait till eternity ? I did not expected this from a "branded" product like HCL but the product and the service is even poor then a chinese product. I appreciate this issue to be resolved within 48 hours from now OR i will have to file complaint with consumer court as i am clearly cheated and feel frustrated.

Looking forward to hear back soon with a positive note. Attached is a copy of service complaint receipt.

Mahesh
Aswin v mammen

Sep 7, 2013

u2 tablet white dots on the screen

when i switch on my tab it was showing white dots on the screen. And after that i go through the warranty card to specify the complaint.it shows that TFT display complaint so please help me to know how much it cost. please give me a reply immediately.
Thankyou,
Pinkesh

hcl me y3 not install sd card certificate

I m not install app on memory card because I have no sd card cerificate
Please solve this problem. &
I m not using play store
Please answer me.....

Subject: Query/complaint no 8502783176

Dear Executive

I have purchase my HCL ME TABLET Y1, Bearing HCL S/N:- A12MYS000940, and
IMEI No:- 911246000009404.

I have reported the complaint of USB not readable with Query/complaint no 8502783176
on 1/5/13, and have visited HCL gallery at Mobile point, Thane, Maharashtra
on 13/5/13.

The mobile point person told me the USB isnt working and you need to replace the
same and will charge me Rs 650/-, which i agreed, he told me he will repair
the Tablet in 1 to 2 hours and told me to wait.

As i need to go for some other urgent work, i told him i will come tomorrow
morning. When i visited next day (14/5/13) at the gallery the person told me
that they have send the Tablet to Vashi Gallery for repair, and told me that
they will give me a call. Again i visited the Gallery on 16/5/13

Since then its now 31/5/2013. They havent called me neither they pick up the
phone numbers mentioned in Mobile point invoice.
(As from the gallery ambience i have a feeling that my tablet
will also be thrown in garbage, which they have done for others tablet).

At last i received my tablet which was not fully repaired on 13/6/13,

Sent: August 30, 2013 10:43 AM
To: hcltouch.reg@hcl.com
Subject: New Query/complaint no 8400232877 OLD Query/complaint no 8502783176

Again the problem increased so i visited HCL Gallery, Andheri, Mumbai, Maharashtra on 27/7/13 and with service order no. 8400232877

They told me it will take a week, but now its again almost a month with
today date 30/8/13.

Tell me what should i do, The mobile phone galley is almost 2 hours distance from
my residence, and so its not possible for me to visit their gallery every time.

Can you help me out from this.

Now i am some what having a feeling that, i have made a mistake
by purchasing HCL ME Y1 TABLET

WHY DONT HCL REPLACE THE Y1 PIECE AND GIVE ME NEW TABLET AS ITS BEEN ONLY
5 MONTHS FROM MY PURCHASE DATE AND I HAVE TO KEEP MY TABLET FOR 2 MONTH
IN GALLERY FOR REPAIRS.CAN ANYONE IN HCL REPORT MY PROBLEM TO YOUR
SENIORS AND ISSUE ME A NEW TABELT.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: hcltouch <hcltouch.reg@hcl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 3 September 2013 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: New Query/complaint no 8400232877 OLD Query/complaint no 8502783176

Dear Geetesh

I dont think you are going to call me.

Because its not the first time i am receiving this sweet emails.

As today after confirmation from Mr Pradeep, HCL Gallery, Andheri, Mumbai

for consecutive 3rd time my person is sitting in HCL Gallery and they are

saying that HCL ME Y1 TAB is still not ready.

Its simply ridiculous.

====================================================================================
To: hcltouch <hcltouch.reg@hcl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 4 September 2013 10:05 AM

Dear Geetesh

At last i got my tablet at 5.00 pm

but now there is a new problem, its not getting charged
and Sim card (network)is not detecting.

In such scenario what should i do now. Should i again
go to gallery and get complaint/ service order so that i
again need to wait for 1 month to get the problem solved.

In 5 months my tablet is with HCl gallery for repairs for
nearly 2 and 1/2 months.

So obviously it was a defective piece which HCl has given me.
WHY DONT HCL REPLACE THE Y1 PIECE AND GIVE ME NEW TABLET

I think the customers are beggars we dont have any option
other then begging as if we are buying the problems by paying Rs 11000/-

Kind Regards
Pankaj Vichare
aprvm

hcl me u2 glass broke

i want to ask that how much cost does hcl service str take to repair the broken screen..??
just the front screen
the main touch screen is working f9 and also tell me my camera is also not working
its just showing a green screen. how much does hcl service ctr charge for that
note that my tab is under warranty
Harshit Pandey

Sep 1, 2013

Worst tab ever HCL ME V1

i bought my tablet 2 months ago and it is many problems it's first problem was in the 3rd week after buying it it totally hanged up it's lock system(slide lock) totally got stuck then i got it repaired it from hcl support center and again after 4 weeks it's speaker hanged up it was not working as well. The hcl center told that it's a problem of pcb and they got a new one but still its not working and the lock system again hanged up. I am fed up with this tablet my money is totally gone waste!!!!!!!!!!.
salamhcl

Aug 31, 2013

SD Card Not working

My HCL ME TABLET V1 have problem SD card is not mounted. I
am already changed new two SD card but same message coming. Please any
solution,

3g net is not working

refrence -
ime no.-y3 hcl tab
serial no.-113ycd006242
sry to inform u,we have purchased above tablet no. on 19july,2013. frm "NK SACHIDANAND GALLERY MATA RANI CHOWNK ldh". Rs.10400
nd put relaince 3g internet sim on same day but 3g net was not working.then we went to gallry nd hcl service center many times but
net was not in working position.we put this sim in samsung tablet nd net was speedy woking.It gave such harrasment to us.we were so disappointed. we have listened so much good will about hcl.we went to service centre again and again.they did not give any attention even he spoke rude to us .on 3rd august we went again and they took tab from us after saying this we were sending it to company .we have not received tab yet. service centre is giving dates tous we are really very upset .please pay attention toward to our complaint.and refund our amount with interest immediately bcause we are so upset

snapdeal - bad experiance
    in India worst social network site
    paytm - Did not receive my refund.
    My order number is 675752634. I had cancelled this order...
    ZEE TV - Kumkum bhagya
    Kumkum bhagya was one of my fav serial. But for last few...
    317349 - E-mail clarification
    I have doubt about following e-mail.So I need a detail...
    Bajaj Finserv Lending - no proper infermation about personal loan
    I was been offered with a personal loan of 99000 and they...
    YEPME - shoes
    i want to cancle my oder no. 11233029
    Star Plus - Why this serials are buzzing up
    Star plus u hv only few serials which r really good. We...
    297521 - Capital via fraud
    The most fraudulent company in the world i can say which...
    213406 - Regarding online shopping of two Sound Magic Earphones...
    I bought two Sound Magic earphones worth Rs. 1049 from...