HCL Me Tablet

Consumer complaints and reviews about HCL Me Tablet

Amit Virash

Dec 24, 2013

HCL ME V1 - Internal & External Memories are not mounting

The HCL ME V1 Tablet is an economical and OK Tablet from HCL. But practically, it has too many cons. Besides it is slow and bad-battery, the greatest problem that I'm having is that: all of its memory is now gone! I mean, neither its internal memory (I.e., the SD-Card) is mounting (not reading), nor any external memory (e.g., Memory Cards, USB Memory, etc...).
This happened when I resetted the tablet one night and saw that apps like Camera, Music, Gallery, etc (apps that need storage memory) says - ''SD-Card not mounted''. What does it mean?
When I opened the file-manager (ES File Explorer), it showed only one folder (nothing else) and that folder was 'external_sd'. When I gone inside that, it showed that 'empty folder', whereas; I'd my 4 GB MicroSD Card inside it full of files and folders!
I got to the Android Settings > SD Card & Tablet Storage. It showed:

Total Space: 4 GB
Firmware: 3.09 GB (instead of 1.58 GB)

Data Storage is OK (showing that total is 0.91 GB).

(Now comes the problem...)

Internal Storage:

<Mount USB Storage> (when I try to mount it, it shows 'calculating' then again shows 'Mount USB Storage; (it doesn't mount!!!))

(Now comes another con...)

SD Card:

Insert an SD Card for mounting

(What does it mean?)

The HCL Touch is also not listening and when I try to contact them by inserting the S/L no. Of the tab, they say error.
Mrittick Choudhury

Dec 8, 2013

HCL ME V1 - Internal & External Memories are not mounting

I got to the Android Settings > SD Card & Tablet Storage. It showed:

Total Space: 4 GB
Firmware: 3.09 GB (instead of 1.58 GB)

Data Storage is OK (showing that total is 0.91 GB).

(Now comes the problem...)

Internal Storage:

(Now comes another con...)

SD Card:

Insert an SD Card for mounting

(What does it mean?)

Please help! Thanks in advance!!!
vishal.mdx1

Dec 3, 2013

TOUCH PANAL IS REQUIRED

DEAR ALL,
I KNOW THAT HOW HCL IS WORKING , ACTUALLY IT IS A POOR COMPANY (IN TERMS OF SERVICE).SO I AM NOT APPROACHING THEM.
I HAD PURCHASED AN HCL CONNECT 3G Y3 TAB. AND TOUCH OF THAT TAB WAS BROKEN .SO IF ANYBODY IS HAVING
HCL Y3 TAB IN USELESS CONDITION ,I MEAN TOUCH IS OK BUT REST IS NOT OK THEN I CAN PURCHASE THAT TOUCH.
IT WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO U AND ME ALSO.
VISHAL
vishal.mdx1@gmail.com
sridhar kpl

Nov 29, 2013

hcl me v1 tablets

i purchased hcl me v1 tab recently suddenly it is not working and i given to service center they are responding properly
they are unable to solve the problems
PICHKOO

Nov 29, 2013

Continous ME Logo

HCL ME U1 tablet
I bought HCL ME V1 tablet in Jan'2013.It now developed problem of not booting up.The 'ME' logo is continously coming.
I cannot find your service centre nearby Panaji-Goa.Let me have proper address and contact number of your service centres.

Prasad,Goa
kukku23

Nov 27, 2013

camera showing insert sd card before using camera

hi im leena from bangalore i had complaint about HCL Me tablet.. The camera is showing "insert sd card before using camera"...
tinku@

kumar4tinku@gmail.com
ranadeep.246

Nov 21, 2013

HCL CONNECT 3G.

I had purchased a "HCL TAB CONNECT 3G" (IMEI: 911251150882188) on 16th August, 2013 , the scanned copy of the Invoice attached with this mail (Invoice No.: MSI/13-14/2156).

Within this short span of usage, the device was showing a huge no. of technical issues and was taken to the HCL Service Center where the experts verified it as dis functional (Service Order No.: 8400291093) and the device was handed over to them. I am attaching a scanned copy of the Service Invoice also with this mail.

I am greatly disheartened and disappointed and want a COMPLETE REPLACEMENT or COMPLETE CASH-BACK otherwise I am ready to go to Consumer Court.

I hope that you will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I HVAE SEND THE MAIL SEVERAL TIMES to hcltouch.reg@hcl.com, nodalofficer@hcl.com BUT NO REPLY FROM HCL TEAM ITS TO DISAPPOINTED AND PLEASE CHANGE MY TAB IMMEDIATELY.
TAB SERIAL NO . 513YCD017575

Thanking You
Ranadeep Chakraborty
(+91 7278348691)
ranadeep.246@gmail.com
sundar55

Nov 21, 2013

hcl tab

hcl tab y2 totaly waste ded slow application ,no battry backup,suddenly switch off.then service not good
ajiajin

Nov 13, 2013

battery is getting discharged quickly

i bought a tablet HCL ME . sometimes it is getting fully discharged quickly (within half an hour) and getting heated up too much even if it it not in use or no programs were running at that time
panjavarname

Nov 12, 2013

connect 2G 2.0

USB data cable is not work
Jitender Paliwal

Nov 12, 2013

My HCL ME V1 Tablet not on

I purchased a HCL ME V1 tablet it came up with charging problem.It is not charging and when I went to the touch center they say the motherboard is damaged and you will have to pay 4,500/- for repairs.
I asked them that the tablet is in warranty and nor there is any physical damage so they should replace it and they refused and said that I have damaged the tablet.
I asked them if there is no physical damage how can the motherboard be damaged by me,so they answered ''sir we don't anything but you have damaged the motherboard''
Please help me I have got very tensed with the after sales service
Please help

Jitender Paliwal : 9582677884
mihir5005

Nov 10, 2013

hcl me u1 teblet replace new other calling teblet

dear sir,
I brought a hcl me u1 teblet in march 2013.
very use full sim calling teblet other company in market. I will replace my teblet and buy new 3g dual sim calling teblet .
so please replace my teblet and give me new version HCL ME Y3 Tablet (WiFi, 3G, Voice Calling), Silver teblet in few money defference.
please sir.
DIVYA PRATAP SINGH

HCL ME Y3 TABLET SCREEN NOT GETTING REPAIRED BECAUSE THE PART IS NOT AVAILABLE

This is regarding the delay in service of my tablet HCS ME Y3 that I bought just 5 months ago.
The screen of the tablet broke accidentally , So I gave this tableT to one of your service center for the screen change on the 15th of july 2013.
Now it has been more than 4 months and I have not got my tablet repaired yet.
They are saying that the parts of this tablet are not available so they can not repair my tablet.
I am really in great problem and I request you to please look into this issue on urgent basis.

My tablet details are given below.
Tablet model:- HCL ME Y3
Tablet Sr.No.:-113YCD010205
Service center Manager's no :-9818364888
My Contact Number:- 9911648628
DIVYA PRATAP SINGH

HCL

Now it has been more than 4 months and I have not got my tablet repaired yet.

My tablet details are given below.
Tablet model:- HCL ME Y3
Tablet Sr.No.:-113YCD010205
Service center Manager's no :-9818364888
My Contact Number:- 9911648628
navas

screen lock is not open

my tablet is hcl me sync 1.0 . i was locked my screen but i forget my paassword .iam not opend my wi fi net work .now asking my e mail address and password i have all ready google account but not logging because tablet have not connected to internet what i doing?not coming any one options only this one(to unlock.sign in with google account..
visakh

Nov 8, 2013

camera not working

i bought hcl connect 3g me 2 months ago it ha dno problem until this date now the back camera is not working but front cam is working fine
pls help
visakh
Email id:visakhpvisakh@gmail.com
mobile no:9526362234
aggrieved customer

Nov 7, 2013

HCL ME U1 tablet

I bought HCL ME U1 tablet in aug'2012.It now developed problem of not booting up.The 'ME' logo is continously coming.
When contacted Service center today they told the MotherBoard is damaged and since it is out of warranty now the charges will be around 3500/=.
The Motherboard getting damaged is due to surely an inferior product, but what to do,

a aggrieved customer
stuts143

Nov 3, 2013

its not functioning

I just bought new HCL v3 tablet around 3 days back, now its touch function stopped working, its hanged, cannot be shut down or reset. This HCL brand is not worth taking. Please dont buy this brand product. Its not reliable as well not a good brand.
K255

Oct 26, 2013

HCL Tab Mother Board Faulty Design

I bought HCL U1 tab one year back with Sl# 912STN105549 from SSDN info solutions Nehru Place on 22-9-2012.

Tab does not switch on, and stopped working exactly on the day of warranty expiry i.e., 22-9-2013!

The tab was used by children only on weekends or holidays that too we used it with utmost care, well protected and not more than one hour/day. Right from the beginning the tab had problems in shut down. When I took it to the dealer he said, simply use a pin to reset.
Service centres don t work on Sunday. Today being a non working saturday when I went to the service centre, they said that the mother board is faulty and it will take Rs 4,000. What did I do to the mother board? Is it my fault. Honestly no. HCL charged 330+ rupees to take a look at it and say that their product Mother board is faulty only to return the tab back without repair. And on the bill they shamelessly wrote Tablet Shield Install and email set up. What an ethics!!! At the time of my complaint, I could see four or five other innocents with same complaints.

I have this stupid affinity to buy Indian made products. But I hang my head in shame in front of my children for gifting them this useless product. I am writing this because others who want to take a buy decision shall simply keep off this BIG JOKE on consumers called HCL Tab.

Mr. VINEET NAIR:- HCL' S FAULTY DESIGN OF MOTHER BOARD IS NOT MY PROBLEM Surely it is your employees' failure and faulty design. Be magnanimous to accept that If we have strict laws in this country, you would have been asked to recall your products and refund our money. Well please quit electronic Industry if you do not have the potency to make quality products and do professional ethics. When HCL s claims "Employee First, Customer Next", I as a cutomer practically realized today what kind of pathetic result they produce a product that fails after one year!! History has shown us that you can fool some you can fool over some period of time. But you can fool all and all the time.

RVK
New Delhi
deep.dobriyal

Oct 17, 2013

mobile network not available

I purchase this hcl me connec 2g 2.0 tablet before 6 days i insert my sim of vodafone which i used in my phone sony errecsion set but when i used this tablet show no network or gave massage mobile network not available when i used it for calling or browse application.how can i solve it please give solution soon.

Deepshikha
M. 9627370595
M.ID shikhahr.852@gmail.com
An innocent customer

Oct 15, 2013

TABLET NOT CHARGING

I purchased a HCL ME V1 tablet in May and after 20 days it came up with charging problem.It is not charging and when I went to the touch center they say the motherboard is damaged and you will have to pay 4,500/- for repairs.
Please help me I have got very tensed with the after sales service
Please help

N.L.Agarwal 8860601811
Badruljamali

Oct 13, 2013

Tablet charger not working

Dear sir;
I bought ME tablet model Y3 about 2 months ago, but its charger is not working and it is also in my city ,can u help me please reply.
jay sasaram

Oct 9, 2013

HCL Y2 Tablet Problem (Tablet No-512EDR003090).

I purchased HCL- Y2 Tablet (Tablet No-512EDR003090) 8 months before. This Tablet is not proper work initial date to till date. Many times submit for repair purpose HCL service center (HCL Touch sector-2) but finely not proper work. I request to you please give me solution.

Jay Shankar Singh