HR Johnson Tiles
Consumer complaints and reviews about HR Johnson Tiles
Apr 1, 2016
HR Johnson Tiles
We have built a new factory for making fibre optic cable material.
We were suggested by friends that Johnson is the best brand in tiles and so we bought your tiles.
On installation of the tiles it was observed that the tile had various problems,
1. Bend – all four corners matching but centre is out by 1.5 mm in many tiles
2. Colour variation
3. Surface finish variation, some tiles are smooth and some are rough.
A person visited our factory and said we cannot do anything as tiles have been installed.
Also as per report attached, bend is within tolerance, he does not want to mention how much bend he observed.
He did not observe colour variation
Surface smoothness finish variation is because “DO NOT FOUND SHADE VARIATION ITS RANDOM PATTERAN”
Poor quality tiles due to outsorced manufacturing in Ringus with no quality control.
Poor customer response.
Suggest not to buy Johnson tiles.
Mangal Chand tubes P. Ltd.
Sep 11, 2014
poor and defaulted morbonite tile
I have purchased the marbonites tiles from HRJohnson house Nagpur . I have selected tiles as shown in the show room and after booking it took almost 15 to 20 days. After delievery we have put the tiles on floor and found that there is undulations in the tiles and during installationit could not be leveled.The service engineer came and said that you have to bear us. The owner of the hrjonson Shri Rishi came and agreed that there are faulted pieces and he further agreed that fulted pieces can be replaced but it should not be more than ten . When we said that complet lot except few pieces are goodBut one thing is how to remove the installed tiles and it will be double cost to me i.e. removing , breking and reinstlling cost i have to bear5 for which there is no fault of mine. The only fault of mine is that i have purchased the hrjohnson tiles . The company should bear all the cost of removing and reinstllation and complete change of the tiles as it is there mistake for suppling the poor and defaulted tiles to me. I will go to the consumer forum for redressal of this problem.
Jun 24, 2014
Quality of Tile
I bought small quantity (130sq ft) tiles (Johnson swist white FTC 16X16) from Dealer named Home Factory Puthanathani Branch
Phone: 0494 3225226 on 20 June 2014. They delivered from Pulikkal branch Next Morning. when workers Opened for laying most of the tiles in two boxes are seen broken. and when started for laying found that most tiles are Surface bend and colour changed . from many years we believe in Johnson Brand . and when a Leading contractor visited today my house he says now a days the quality of Johnson Tiles are very poor.
I Think it will effect Your company if the contractors like him will not satisfied with quality products.So please take necessary action About this matter.
Ph: 9349711223 Mail :firstname.lastname@example.org
Feb 25, 2011
Tiles - Inconsistent
This is happening everywhere.This is a big
Fraud company with lot of dishonest Dealer
Network like M/S T.R.Gupta of Jammu and
Company's Jammu Sales Executive is an
Incompetant and irresponsible person namely
Mr.Shakti who have mishandled the Marbonite
Tiles order of the Showroom of Titan Industries
In Jammu City.
Nov 8, 2010
Tiles - Inconsistent
The following email was sent to CustomerCare of Johnson on Oct-18th and a reminder was sent on Oct-19th. No response has been received on the same and the tile vendor has been following with me for payment of dues by humpteen calls every day. I'm being forced to pay the vendor in spite of receiving non-standard material that ruined the look of my house when I was planning for a face-lift by spending so much.
--start of email sent to Johnson --
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
All mention of 'dealer' or 'vendor' or 'point of sale' directly or indirectly refers to Mr.Umapathy, representing M/S Swarna Ceramics, Medawakam Main Road, Chennai
All mention of 'company' will refer to H & R Johnson (India), A Division of Prism Cement Limited
All mention of ‘property’ or ‘house’ will refer to 11/4 Vijay Avenue, Nanganallur, Chennai (Landmark : Modern School)
Complainant : Vikram Karthick Kannan, Son of - and representing Mr. Kannan SV, the purchaser of the tiles, and owner of the property where the tiles were laid
I had bought, totally, 512 sq ft of Lucia Marbonite Vitrified tiles from Swarna Ceramics, Medavakam Main Road, Chennai, on 5th October 2010, as I was pleased with the color and texture of the tile named "Lucia".
The dealer M/s Swarna Ceramics (Umapathy, 9841098547) had sent the tile lot as two increments, on 5th October and on 6th October, with mixed batches (N-52 and N-65) on both consignments, with knowledge that it is for the same property.
It is an independent house and the laying is for the ground floor and hence there is no room to be mistaken that there may be different door-numbers with the same parent address, as in an apartment.
The laid-out tile spread - is an unplanned collage, rather than a uniform canvas.
Several calls were made - to the dealer above, to inspect the DIFFERENCES in the tile delivered, but appropriate action was never taken, nor any proper reply provided. The tile laying workforce was kept waiting in spite of wages being paid - on many days, in anticipation of the dealer's concern about replacement of the tiles or escalation of this event. Eventually, after multiple futile attempts and unwarranted delay, the tiles were laid, as the space was awkward, with part tile-laying.
This is entirely the company's and the dealer's responsibility to compensate.
My questions to the company are :
1. Why does the color and texture of the tile change from one batch to another ? When the output lacks uniformity, there is no standard and I would expect this disparity to happen to every aspect of the tile. If this is deemed 'normal' then the showroom is misleading and it is explicit that 'what you see is not what you'll eventually get'. Otherwise called misrepresentation.
2. Why are a plethora of ‘points of sale’ allowed to penetrate into the market and different pricing followed, across these points?
3. In continuation of #2, Why do dealers (from my above experience) lack the basic skills to check for quality and content, be responsible, meet the delivery timelines and be polite to the customer?
4. Why can't an order for a single house of 512 sq ft be delivered from the same batch if #1 is a ‘regular’ event
5. The dealer has been threatening me for the outstanding payment when the tile delivered lacks uniformity. I have been receiving loud tones and harsh statements from the dealer in return for a request to inspect the differences in the tiles . Under such circumstances, what direction should I take? Should I pay the retailer and claim for damages from the company?
6. Does Johnson authorize its points of sale to levy a 2.5% Credit Card Surcharge for any card payment made? The dealer (above) gave me a credit of Rs.19500/- after swiping my card for Rs.20,000/-. It was shocking for me to digest the explanation from the vendor that I was supposed to “know” about it. Why is this information not being shared upfront OR Why does Johnson encourage its dealers to accept cash payments that provide room for unaccountable transactions?
This is a request, seeking for compensation of the above damages in cost and time, incurred by me - to the tune of INR 1.25 Lacs in phone calls, mental agony and facing harassment from your points of sale, the tile and laying cost, inclusive of delay from the dealer to inspect the difference in tile color and to respond politely.
If my case is not addressed within the next two working days (before October 20th, 2010), I will be proceeding with legal action on both HR Johnson India and its dealer, for misinformation, lack of standardization, extortion, differences in quality and misrepresentation in showrooms and for mental agony apart from the cost of the tile paid, the laying and all the associated costs.
I will not be paying the vendor anything more and I advise you to take this up with M/s Swarna Ceramics. I have part-paid Rs.20,000 upfront towards delivery of the tile on 5th October 2010 and I regret for the same.
Vikram Karthick Kannan
11/4 Vijay Avenue
(Near Modern School)
# 9790999092, #0 44-22244310, # 936-3121-986
----- end of email --
Previous 1 Next
Share this site with others
Recently Updated Complaints