idea cellular

Consumer complaints and reviews about idea cellular

Apr 11, 2014

RE: wrong billing

We wish to inform you that your complaint for billing dispute has been resolved and refund of Rs.3288/- credited into your Idea account towards GPRS services. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Mar 13, 2014

RE: wrong billing

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We wish to inform you that the matter is currently being followed up and our concerned team will revert to you at the earliest.

Meenakshi Chauhan

Mar 13, 2014

wrong billing

Dear Concern,

I was having an idea postpaid number 8308806272. On 15th September 2013 I've requested for activation of 2GB GPRS Plan on this number. I received three emails on 15th September 2013 from Idea customer care with different request numbers and one email have the content that request for data plan activation is in the process and plan will be activated in two hours. I have recd sms also for the same.

I assumed that its been activated and I started using internet on this number. When I got monthly bill on 12th Oct 2013 then I came to know that it was not activated and I have been charged around Rs 4620 for internet usage and whole bill amount is Rs 5572. My credit limit on this number is 2300 only. I was really surprised that despite of getting the mail and sms the service was not activated and in between I did not get any call or sms stating that I have crossed the limit or about internet usage.

I have registered a complaint regarding wrong billing twice on 12th & 15th Oct via email and called to customer care also for the same.

After first complaint I got the email from Idea on 14th Oct stating the problem has been closed. But I did not receive any call or email to discuss the issue, after that on 15th Oct I have again called customer care and registered the complaint.

On 18th Oct I got call from Customer care and have been asked to send a mail again in detail about the issue.

Till mid of December'13 I was writing to customer care every week In revert I have been assured that soon they will get back to me. But I have not received any satisfactory reply despite providing all the detail of the request I made for activation of data plan. In between the service to my number has been deactivated by Idea. In last week of December'13 I got a call from Idea customer care that the complaint has been sorted out and I do not need to pay for the internet charges which were wrongly added in my bill. I then told the executive that I'm willing to make the ful n final payment as I dont want to activate the number now so please collect the payment and deactivate the services. I have been asked to make a full n final payment of Rs 2225/- in the favour of Idea cellular which I have paid to the executive who came to collect the Cheque dt.31st Dec 2013. I am having receipt of the same. Recepit No - 2013-14/MH - 15506

In mid of Jan'14 I recd call from customer care regarding outstanding payment I provided the details of payment made and Never got any call after that from Customer care. Then again on 20th Jan 2014 I recd a mail from Idea that I have outstanding of Rs 3500. I reverted to the mail provided details of payment done. There was no reply to that mail.

On 6th of Feb I recd a letter by courier that I should pay the outstanding amount, Again I wrote to Idea Customer care and again explained the whole issue in writing. Now the customer care has reverted

"we regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse the GPRS usage charges from our end as the reversal was not offered from our end. As your number has been disconnected permanently, we request you to clear total outstanding amount of Rs. 3288.47/- due for your Idea account."
The person who contacted me was an Idea Executive he provided receipt of Idea and cheque has also been issued on Idea’s Name which the customer care confirmed that has been credited.
I have been writing to customer care since I recd the wrong bill if delay has been happened it was from the customer care end.

Its been six months and customer care still going round n round about this. I am tired of writing and calling and explaining the whole issue again n again to different executives.

RE: For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have received the message again today notifying me to pay Rs. 8472 now.
Can you please tell me how did the amount rise from Rs. 3839 yesterday to more than double of it when all my calls & internet is barred????

RE: For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have mailed my mobile number on the email id care.mumbai@idea.adityabirla.com.
Can you please let me know by when can I expect the services to be up & running again?

Feb 13, 2014

RE For discontinuing the service without prior notification

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please reply with your Idea mobile number and the alternate contact number. You can also visit our website, www.ideacellular.com or call 121.

Feb 13, 2014

For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have been using idea for almost 5 years now & today out of the blue, I received a message saying that I have exceeded the credit limit & need to pay extra 3999 to avoid disconnection of services.
Within few hours of receiving this message, all my services were discontinued.
Aren't you supposed to give a grace time to a person to pay for such a thing?
Also, why hasn't my credit limit expanded even after using Idea & paying all the bills in time.
& all this hassle is because of the unbilled amount which I am sure will turn out to be nil when the billing happens. The same happened around a year back & it was a error from your side.
Can someone tell me what my data usage has got to do with calls? Why have you barred my outgoing calls?
I have just one number & I stopped using other service provider's no as I was happy with Idea. But yesterday, I was stranded & I couldn't even call anyone. All thanks to you!

Three things:

- Within hours of receiving such a message, my calls & everything else is barred. Is this the way to notify your customers? My usage pattern hasn't changed at all.. So, how did I get this message all of a sudden?

- My billing cycle is from 22nd - 23rd.. which means I had paid my bill just 8 days back.. So, do you mean to say that I exhausted the whole limit in mere 8 days? Can't you extend the limit after checking my payment status & everything for over five years?

- I called up your customer care to inquire about the same & asked them to share the details of the same so that I exactly know how what I am paying for but they said it will only be sent with the bill.. So, I am just paying beacuse I have been threatened for discontinuation of my services & it's like a black hole in which I wouldn't ever be able to figure out whether it is the correct thing or not?

Also, why doesn't the message come when I was ABOUT to exceed the limit & it came right after it was exceeded.. So now I have no other option but to pay!!!
I have been a loyal customer to Idea for all these years.. I used to advocate about your services but I guess, I really need to look at what I am endorsing .. I had to wait for 15 mins & multiple calls to reach to your customer care & I didn't even get a satisfactory response..

I am under AB Group plan & still I get this threatening message as if I have committed a crime. If customers under group plan are treated this way, I wonder what pain the regular customers must be undergoing.
I have not able to connect with anyone since yesterday.. Would you be held responsible for the loss of time, money & business?

Saakshi Jain

Feb 3, 2014

RE balance

We wish to inform you that the charges applied to you are correct as per the download content assigned. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

malik irfan

Feb 2, 2014

balance

Mere mobile se bina jankari diye 49 rupye 21 jan ko aur 15 rupye 2 feb ko uske baad 3 rupye 2 feb ko bina bataye kaat liye
Jabki maine kuch download bhi nahi kiya hai internet pack pahle se mere number par active hai
Mera mobile number 9702862386 hai

Jan 17, 2014

RE : wrongly charged for downloading from handygo

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Request you to reply us with your mobile no. and alternate contact number or else you can visit our website: http://www.ideacellular.com.

sdeep78

Jan 17, 2014

wrongly charged for downloading from handygo

I got an sms from iz-ideaCms that i have downloaded hollywood beauties from handygo and charged Rs.50 to my prepaid a/c. However I have never downloaded any such thing. Infact I had never heard of such website or what is this Hollywood beauties. Now I don't know what to do.

Jan 2, 2014

falsly charge for downloading from handigo

we wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for wrong deduction has been initiated with us under reference number 1-41041423840 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

psbiske

Jan 1, 2014

falsly charge for downloading from handigo

I got an sms from iz-ideaCms that i have downloaded hollywood beauties from handygo and charged 50 in my bill..but i have never downloaded or open this website.........when i call customer care idea...they say..they can't do any thing. Even not registered my complaint. My no is 9665299122
aniketmore

Nov 16, 2013

Irrelevant VAS deduction

I have an Idea prepaid connection no. 9822708844
I got SMS from IZ-ideaCMS for being charged Rs:50 for downloading Hollywood beauties from Handygo on 16-11-2013 at 12.03AM. when I was not using my mobile. For your information I had not visited web-Page of above site previously. The same SMS and billing was created on 28-10-2013 at 1.47PM. As per my Happy 512Mb plan I have browsed and downloaded free site data. Kindly make billing corrections and send me details about downloading.
ani_foru@rediffmail.com

Oct 28, 2013

RE: Illegal VAS deduction

We have thoroughly checked your Idea account details and it is found that the charges are levied correct in your bill towards download content assigned. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

anand.gaurav@hotmail.com

Oct 27, 2013

Illegal VAS deduction

I have an Idea postpaid connection no. 9505465000. On 10-10-2013, 12:41 pm and on 27-10-2013 11:38, 50/- was charged to my account. I received a message regarding the charges, which stated that the i have been charged because of a download of hollywood beauties from handygo.I never visited such site. I complained several times to the customer care, but they say that it was due to Internet usage. I use an Internet pack and the data balance was still over 500MB data remaining. Call centre people keep telling that i have downloaded from a site. Further when I ask them from which site and give me IP address. They say it is personal information.
Please confirm what is going on here.

Sep 15, 2013

RE: Connection deactivated

We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and your request for postpaid to prepaid migration has been initiated with us; under reference number S1-5740775081 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

sameersanghavi10@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2013

Connection deactivated

hi Team,
I had requested Idea cellular to convert my 15 years old postpaid cconnection from postpaid to prepaid but they have deactivated my connection and no one is ready to help me. Its been more then 8 days now
I am Completely reliable on my phone for business.
Plz help.

My Idea Number is - 9822696348

Aug 7, 2013

RE: illegal VAS deduction

Dear Shyam,

We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for deduction has been initiated with us; under reference number 1-36939476843 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Idea Cellular
shyammudliar

Aug 7, 2013

illegal VAS deduction

I have an Idea prepaid connection no. 8975961704. On 07-08-2013, 10:56 pm, 50/- were deducted from my balance. I received a message regarding the balance deduction, which stated that the balance has been deducted because of a hollywood beauties from handygo.I never visited such site. I complained several times to the customer care, but they say that it was due to Internet usage. I use an Internet pack and the data balance was still over 1.7 gb remaining. Call centre people keep telling that i have downloaded from a site. Further when I ask them from which site and give me IP address. They say it is personal information.
Please confirm what is going on here.
And the money has still not been refunded despite my repeated complaints. Throughly disappointed .
Rohit 1312

Jul 22, 2013

Phone barring

My contact no 09850657401 registered under the corporate user group named "D.Shantilal Gandhi" in IDEA cellular has been barred from service for no reason. Customer care has barred it for non payment of funds initially .but all payments were clear and they instead had Rs. 25 in excess with them.
I'm hugely suffering because i'm basically a marketing person and all works on phone.
Complaint was registered in Noon today but still services have not been restored.
Been a 15Yrs old client with IDEA and still they serve so badly
Highly Unprofessional.

ROhit Gandhi

Jul 19, 2013

RE: Balance deduction

We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for balance deduction has been initiated with us; under reference number 1-36416921196 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Idea Cellular!
khyati majoka

Jul 19, 2013

Balance deduction

my name is Shakti Singh
my number is 9990820031
this is my first time m using Idea connection
and i dont like teh network connection or customer suppport.....
i dial number 121 to customer care i want to know sms value packs when i cal i have a option for sms pack i dont tell to sms packs Rs.49 for sms packs or activation or not
when i cut cal their is a sms for balnce deduction for sms pack Rs.49
m not activated for sms pack when i cal to customer care executive.Name Mr.Parmod.he is very cheaper to talk with me,
i want to deactivted my sms pack or want to refund my balance Rs.49 now the date 19.7.2013
refund my balance now

to: care.mumbai@idea.adityabirla.com
date: Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 12:04 AM
subject: no connectivity since 3rd July 2013
mailed-by: gmail.com

To whomsoever it may concern

I Mr Ketan Gandhi holder of mobile no 9594925245 am not able to use the given no for any purpose since 3rd July 2013 afternoon. There has been no change even after multiple visits at your customer outlet at thakur village. All i have been told all these days is that there is some technical problem due to which I am experiencing this problem and even after their commitments that the services will be activated in a couple of hours, till date no service is been activated
I will not pay any amount of money for the bill if the same is continued because i am not able to use any kind of service provided by idea and also if this matter is not looked into immediately i will lodge a complaint with the consumer grievance center. i expect that the services on my number are activated immediately.

Ketan Gandhi

Even after sending the above mail there hasn't been any change and i am still not receiving any service. i would request you to kindly help me resolve the problem.

thank you.

Jun 6, 2013

RE: Very slow 3G speed

We wish to inform you that your complaint for 3G related issue has been resolved. For further assistance, kindly contact to our Idea customer care helpline.

Idea Cellular.

sbi po recruitment - REGARDING THE COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION
    I HAVE MADE THE ONLINE PAYMENT GET REGISTRATION NO &...
    Ibps - sbi specialist officer
    sir i have filled application form through net banking ...
    IGL - Delay in IGL connection
    Delay in IGL connection Hi, I have requested for a...
    sab tv - DAYA HORRIBLE VOICE
    I humble request... DAYA PLEASE CHANGE YOUR...
    Axis Bank - welcome kit
    I Batul Husain Ali opened acount in axis bank but i...
    VODAFONE KOLKATA - bills
    Hi, i, Murugan pandi,using vodafone services from...
    canteen smart card (CSD) - non renewal of liquor card
    sir i am DIPAK B PATIL EX POR 122120 Y retired from...
    click2resume - CHEATING & FRAUD FROM DEFENCE PERSONAL
    My complaint On 03 Feb 2014 at about 1300 Hrs...
    M.C.D commissioner, North Delhi - pig Problem
    To, The Commissioner E-Block balmiki Basti Near Samsaan...
    Nirvachan Ayog - vote for india
    Respected Sir We are a voter of India. We are working in...