idea cellular

Consumer complaints and reviews about idea cellular

Jul 8, 2014

RE : regarding internet

We wish to inform you that your complaint for recharge has been resolved and refund of Rs.72/- credited into your Idea account. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Jul 8, 2014

RE : Idea talkies unauthorised activation and rs 100 deduction

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for VAS activation has already been initiated by us, under reference number 1-46109105410 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Parthasarathi009

Jul 7, 2014

Idea talkies unauthorised activation and rs 100 deduction

Yesterday (6th July 2014) I received a message from 54300 saying that Rs 100 has been deducted for activation of Idea Talkies on my mobile no- 9604630161. I had not authorized such a service activation. This is the second time Idea is activating the same service and cutting money from account.
Again on trying to call customer care, they were not accepting calls saying all customer care executives are busy. Kindly register my complain against Idea and help me recover the money that has been taken and also to ensure that this does not happen in the future

Jun 28, 2014

RE regarding internet

We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and your complaint for recharge has been initiated by us, under reference number 1-45904737953 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

rupeshk221

Jun 28, 2014

regarding internet

sir,i am rupesh from Maharashtra and my idea no. is 9527354796. yesterday i recharged my phone with special lucky offer for my number with rs72 in which i was about to get 500mb 3g data with 70 local sms free for 15days.Instead of the above pack,they activated some rate cutter plan (1.6paisa/2sec for 60days ).i searched the whole myidea showroom and found out that there is no such ratecutter plan on this recharge.The only plan with recharge of 72 is 3g data plan in which the customer gets 348 mb 3g data/500mb +70sms(lucky offer).when i called 198, the customer care executive told me there was no such special offer for my number.it is ok that they are not rewarding me with lucky offer but atleast they should benefit my no with regular data of 348mb.instead they have activated some other plan which i dont desire to activate.The customer complaint executives are pathetic ,instead of listening queries they argues.
sir,i want immediately to look after my complaint and take possible measures so that they can either revert me data or refund.

Apr 30, 2014

RE: unwanted charges against idea tslkies service

We wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for VAS activation dispute has been initiated by us under reference number 1-44319336424 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Apr 30, 2014

RE: Online transaction succeeded but not updated in account

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please reply with your Idea mobile number and the alternate contact number. You can also visit our website, www.ideacellular.com or call 121.

vikas behel

Apr 29, 2014

unwanted charges against idea tslkies service

Sir, I m regular customer of idea cellular. On 30 Apr 14 at 00:15 hrs, I received a msg of idea talkies services, which have been started on my no. (i.e. 9922246799) and Rs. 100/- has been deducted from my balance, whereas I hadn’t request for any service like this. When I called to customer Care within 5 mints of deduction of my balance, they refused to attend my complaint and told me that I had sent a request for that ‘IDEA TALKIES’ service, which I haven’t sent. Please look in to this matter… my no. is 9922246799.
punedj

Apr 28, 2014

Online transaction succeeded but not updated in account

I had made on-line 2G data recharge(prepaid) using idecellular "online recharge" link and the amount too was dedicated from my ICICI bank account but neither the data service is activated nor I received any message for enabling the 2G service.

I have done this before for several times but this time I am surprised to see this behaviour. Also if the transition is shown as successful in my bank statement. I am attaching an image showing the transition details for reference

Online transaction succeeded but not updated in account

Apr 26, 2014

RE : Idea 3G net service – Wrong plan sold & harassment beacause of casual attitude of idea representatives

Dhanesh Vijay

Apr 25, 2014

This is regarding wrong plan sold & harassment harassment by IDEA for my idea no – 8691016050

i had bought 3G plan from idea in March, Mumbai circle. But the service was always pathetic & 2G service was actually offered. after 3 months, when I approached customer care to change the plan to 2G, they asked me to go to Idea store. Idea store said that it can’t be done, as it is against policy.

Later on I relocated out of Mumbai in November’13.

1] I approached the Idea call center in Dec’ 13, to discontinue the post paid plan, since i had shifted out of mumbai. But they showed their helpless and asked me to visit local idea store in mumbai only.

2] On visiting Mira – Bhayandar road, Mira Road Idea store on 29th Dec’ 13, they said it is not possible to get it disconnected, as Net connection in the store is not working and refused to hand over the physical cancellation form (so that i can ask to someone else to ome on my behalf), citing policy reason. Neither they nor customer care were able to share the exact pending amount.

In the meanwhile, I stopped using the Idea account since 27th Dec’ 13 itself.

3] During my next visit to Mumbai & thus their store on 12th Jan’ 14, they cited the same reason i.e. Net is not working in the store.
Thus the account, which should have been closed on 29th Dec, continued as per Idea record.

4] I got a call in Jan, after the due date for clearing it. I mentioned the executive to let me know the pending bill as n 29th Dec, which is also the righteous amount, so that i can clear it. but they never reverted back

5] Similarly, I got a call in Feb & March, after the due date for clearing it.the discussion was the same & they agreed to call be back with right amount, but again no one reverted back. at the same time monthly rental was again charged along with fine.

6] In April same thing happened (executive was Ms Kavita). Copy of pending bills were mailed but proper amount was not mentioned.

7] On 23rd April, i got call from Delhi court that a fraud case has been filed by Mr Vikram Rana on behalf of idea against pending bill of Rs 1481/- and summon dated 20th has been sent to me; case no – DL-9412/14 (though I never received any notice or summon). to avoid trouble, , I got the amount deposited in idea gallery (receipt no – 28066352)

Because of careless attitude of Idea Store & customer care executive, this issue has dragged for so long. This episode has became an embarrassment & harassment. I have also paid extra amount.

In-fact Idea has cheated by selling 3G plan, though it offered only 2G plan in Mumbai circle

- Dhanesh Vijaywargiya

Apr 11, 2014

RE: wrong billing

We wish to inform you that your complaint for billing dispute has been resolved and refund of Rs.3288/- credited into your Idea account towards GPRS services. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

Mar 13, 2014

RE: wrong billing

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We wish to inform you that the matter is currently being followed up and our concerned team will revert to you at the earliest.

Meenakshi Chauhan

Mar 13, 2014

wrong billing

Dear Concern,

I was having an idea postpaid number 8308806272. On 15th September 2013 I've requested for activation of 2GB GPRS Plan on this number. I received three emails on 15th September 2013 from Idea customer care with different request numbers and one email have the content that request for data plan activation is in the process and plan will be activated in two hours. I have recd sms also for the same.

I assumed that its been activated and I started using internet on this number. When I got monthly bill on 12th Oct 2013 then I came to know that it was not activated and I have been charged around Rs 4620 for internet usage and whole bill amount is Rs 5572. My credit limit on this number is 2300 only. I was really surprised that despite of getting the mail and sms the service was not activated and in between I did not get any call or sms stating that I have crossed the limit or about internet usage.

I have registered a complaint regarding wrong billing twice on 12th & 15th Oct via email and called to customer care also for the same.

After first complaint I got the email from Idea on 14th Oct stating the problem has been closed. But I did not receive any call or email to discuss the issue, after that on 15th Oct I have again called customer care and registered the complaint.

On 18th Oct I got call from Customer care and have been asked to send a mail again in detail about the issue.

Till mid of December'13 I was writing to customer care every week In revert I have been assured that soon they will get back to me. But I have not received any satisfactory reply despite providing all the detail of the request I made for activation of data plan. In between the service to my number has been deactivated by Idea. In last week of December'13 I got a call from Idea customer care that the complaint has been sorted out and I do not need to pay for the internet charges which were wrongly added in my bill. I then told the executive that I'm willing to make the ful n final payment as I dont want to activate the number now so please collect the payment and deactivate the services. I have been asked to make a full n final payment of Rs 2225/- in the favour of Idea cellular which I have paid to the executive who came to collect the Cheque dt.31st Dec 2013. I am having receipt of the same. Recepit No - 2013-14/MH - 15506

In mid of Jan'14 I recd call from customer care regarding outstanding payment I provided the details of payment made and Never got any call after that from Customer care. Then again on 20th Jan 2014 I recd a mail from Idea that I have outstanding of Rs 3500. I reverted to the mail provided details of payment done. There was no reply to that mail.

On 6th of Feb I recd a letter by courier that I should pay the outstanding amount, Again I wrote to Idea Customer care and again explained the whole issue in writing. Now the customer care has reverted

"we regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse the GPRS usage charges from our end as the reversal was not offered from our end. As your number has been disconnected permanently, we request you to clear total outstanding amount of Rs. 3288.47/- due for your Idea account."
The person who contacted me was an Idea Executive he provided receipt of Idea and cheque has also been issued on Idea’s Name which the customer care confirmed that has been credited.
I have been writing to customer care since I recd the wrong bill if delay has been happened it was from the customer care end.

Its been six months and customer care still going round n round about this. I am tired of writing and calling and explaining the whole issue again n again to different executives.

RE: For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have received the message again today notifying me to pay Rs. 8472 now.
Can you please tell me how did the amount rise from Rs. 3839 yesterday to more than double of it when all my calls & internet is barred????

RE: For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have mailed my mobile number on the email id care.mumbai@idea.adityabirla.com.
Can you please let me know by when can I expect the services to be up & running again?

Feb 13, 2014

RE For discontinuing the service without prior notification

Feb 13, 2014

For discontinuing the service without prior notification

I have been using idea for almost 5 years now & today out of the blue, I received a message saying that I have exceeded the credit limit & need to pay extra 3999 to avoid disconnection of services.
Within few hours of receiving this message, all my services were discontinued.
Aren't you supposed to give a grace time to a person to pay for such a thing?
Also, why hasn't my credit limit expanded even after using Idea & paying all the bills in time.
& all this hassle is because of the unbilled amount which I am sure will turn out to be nil when the billing happens. The same happened around a year back & it was a error from your side.
Can someone tell me what my data usage has got to do with calls? Why have you barred my outgoing calls?
I have just one number & I stopped using other service provider's no as I was happy with Idea. But yesterday, I was stranded & I couldn't even call anyone. All thanks to you!

Three things:

- Within hours of receiving such a message, my calls & everything else is barred. Is this the way to notify your customers? My usage pattern hasn't changed at all.. So, how did I get this message all of a sudden?

- My billing cycle is from 22nd - 23rd.. which means I had paid my bill just 8 days back.. So, do you mean to say that I exhausted the whole limit in mere 8 days? Can't you extend the limit after checking my payment status & everything for over five years?

- I called up your customer care to inquire about the same & asked them to share the details of the same so that I exactly know how what I am paying for but they said it will only be sent with the bill.. So, I am just paying beacuse I have been threatened for discontinuation of my services & it's like a black hole in which I wouldn't ever be able to figure out whether it is the correct thing or not?

Also, why doesn't the message come when I was ABOUT to exceed the limit & it came right after it was exceeded.. So now I have no other option but to pay!!!
I have been a loyal customer to Idea for all these years.. I used to advocate about your services but I guess, I really need to look at what I am endorsing .. I had to wait for 15 mins & multiple calls to reach to your customer care & I didn't even get a satisfactory response..

I am under AB Group plan & still I get this threatening message as if I have committed a crime. If customers under group plan are treated this way, I wonder what pain the regular customers must be undergoing.
I have not able to connect with anyone since yesterday.. Would you be held responsible for the loss of time, money & business?

Saakshi Jain

Feb 3, 2014

RE balance

We wish to inform you that the charges applied to you are correct as per the download content assigned. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

malik irfan

Feb 2, 2014

balance

Mere mobile se bina jankari diye 49 rupye 21 jan ko aur 15 rupye 2 feb ko uske baad 3 rupye 2 feb ko bina bataye kaat liye
Jabki maine kuch download bhi nahi kiya hai internet pack pahle se mere number par active hai
Mera mobile number 9702862386 hai

Jan 17, 2014

RE : wrongly charged for downloading from handygo

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Request you to reply us with your mobile no. and alternate contact number or else you can visit our website: http://www.ideacellular.com.

sdeep78

Jan 17, 2014

wrongly charged for downloading from handygo

I got an sms from iz-ideaCms that i have downloaded hollywood beauties from handygo and charged Rs.50 to my prepaid a/c. However I have never downloaded any such thing. Infact I had never heard of such website or what is this Hollywood beauties. Now I don't know what to do.

Jan 2, 2014

falsly charge for downloading from handigo

we wish to affirm that your concern has been acknowledged and complaint for wrong deduction has been initiated with us under reference number 1-41041423840 and you shall hear on the same at the earliest. For further assistance, kindly contact our Idea customer care helpline.

psbiske

Jan 1, 2014

falsly charge for downloading from handigo

I got an sms from iz-ideaCms that i have downloaded hollywood beauties from handygo and charged 50 in my bill..but i have never downloaded or open this website.........when i call customer care idea...they say..they can't do any thing. Even not registered my complaint. My no is 9665299122
aniketmore

Nov 16, 2013

Irrelevant VAS deduction

I have an Idea prepaid connection no. 9822708844
I got SMS from IZ-ideaCMS for being charged Rs:50 for downloading Hollywood beauties from Handygo on 16-11-2013 at 12.03AM. when I was not using my mobile. For your information I had not visited web-Page of above site previously. The same SMS and billing was created on 28-10-2013 at 1.47PM. As per my Happy 512Mb plan I have browsed and downloaded free site data. Kindly make billing corrections and send me details about downloading.
ani_foru@rediffmail.com

hungama movies-humov - deactivation of service
    sir, my landline ph no 0341-2271458. pl deactivate the...
    Hyundai/Fluidic verna - exchange benefit
    I purchased new fuidic verna sx(o) 1.6 CRDI from Godawari...
    help@uidai.gov.in - I Want Enrollment Date and Time
    I Lost My Enrollment Slip, But I Have Aadhaar Card, and...
    BSNL - wimax internet service
    ac no lb10022663 wimax internetservse notcnoucted...
    LIC Agent - Fraud in doing policy
    Hello, My name is Geeta. And a lic agent has called us...
    INLEAD - pro-ryska separatister
    pro-ryska separatisterTvå ukrainska militära...
    Vijay Tv - IDHU KADHALA
    I know this drama was prematurely ended in Hindi due to...
    GIC MUTUAL FUND / GIC BALANCED FUND - NO DIVIDEND, NO ADDRESS
    I have 500 units of GIC mutual fund. No dividend is...
    RBI - RECEIVE A CALL FROM RBI DELHI
    DEAR SIR I HAVE RECEIVE A CALL FROM RBI DELHI AND A...
    Reliance Fresh - refund of money
    I m regular customer of ur reliance fresh store in...