Indian Railway

Consumer complaints and reviews about Indian Railway

akapil79

Feb 26, 2017

Rajdhani train fare is double of normal train

Reverent,
Indian railways always been a conundrum for all citizens. I observed Indian Railway is now taking dynamic fare even though i am booking at least tow months in advance. i have following problems/suggestion with this system: -

1. dynamic fare should not be applied because it become almost out of reach to travel in urgency by train.
2. This additional fare is making prices more than double what I was usually paid. and i don't see any improvement in train timeliness, hygiene and any service for that matter before and after so what service we are getting in additional 100% hike of fare ??
3. why there is no provision for refund as given in foreign countries where there is dynamic fare, in even for 5 mins late arrivals they give 100% refund.

In summary, government is sucking blood of servicemen who are giving proper and even in cases more tax than applicable.
adarsh.sharan

Feb 16, 2017

Refusal of TDR of delayed train

TDR filed against pnr 2327409895 dated 9-2-17 was rejected without mentioning any valid reason. As per rule TDR was filed before actual departure of the train and the train was late by more than 17 hours.
Cancellation ID- 100000142950537
PNR- 2327409895
Date of journey- 9-2-17
Schedule departure time- 8 AM
Actual departure time- after 1:00 AM (10-2-17)
Time of filing TDR- 15:35 hrs (9-2-17)
soumen Ganguly

Feb 11, 2017

unusual delay of train

Sir, main Soumen Ganguly ek daily passenger hoon Jo daily Rupnarayanpur se durgapur office ke liye train mein travel karta hoon. Kemon pichle ek mahine se train no. 12339 Howrah se dhanbad coalfield super fast express Howrah se right time khulne ke bawjood durgapur late pohuchne ke liye mere jaise kai sare daily passengers ko kafi problem hoti hai. Kyu ki coalfield super fast express ASANSOL late pohuchne ke liye humein ASANSOL se Jo local passenger train no.63563 woh nahi milti aur ASANSOL se uske baad dusra koi alternative train nahi hai Jo Rupnarayanpur jati ho. Toh isi liye apse hamara nibedan hai ki kripaya is samasya ko gambhirta se le aur iska koi upay nikale jaldi. Dhanyabad
Alok Mehrotra 1965

Jan 31, 2017

refund of TDR

PNR No 2126297396 the train didnot touched my station and was diverted due to accident on Delhi Kanpur route.I have filed the TDR but the refund is not processed yet. it is more than a month.
NNNAAAVVVVIIIINNN

Jan 29, 2017

not delivered

07/01/2017, 1 package booked from KOTA to KGG having PRR no. 4000490778.But this stuff has not yet khagaria.We are in dire needs of these booking. I have my exam. Sir you may request that the booking be processed soon.
14/01/2017, It was unloaded at CNB from train no. 22444, and again loaded from CNB in train no. 15484 on 18/01/2017 22:41.
But this stuff has not yet khagaria,
Sir,you may request that the booking be processed soon pls...
anujjain0909

Jan 16, 2017

luggage missing

i have boarded ngp-pune garibrath exp train no 12114 on 15/01/2017 at nagpur staition vide PNR no. 8409739498
After i deboarded the train at ahmednaga station , when i reached home i raelized that i forgot to pich one of my luuggage which was a green trollybag of american touristor company.

so i went to GRP ahmednagar & reported the same but still no update on it.

My contact no 9595473775
rdshaily

Jan 11, 2017

Train name suvidha exp start from sambalpur to yeshwantpur special train

This is to make u clear that why u people introducing special train and fooling people by charging extra fare compare to express/superset trains.fare will be almost double compare to normal trains.

Facilities in special train is old coaches with soiled and dirty seats with smelling toilets and without Charing point. But if charging point is available it will not work.

For this type of facilities our Indian railway is fooling people and charging one to double saying that it's a special train.

There is an worst experience today with me in special train that is sbl to ypr suvidha special train.
My journey details are below

PNR:6763184712,TRAIN:82831,DOJ:11-01-17,SL,VSKP-RU,Dep:19:20,
,S3 48,
Fare:950,SC:0.0+PG+INS

My name I don't like to share but my humble request to our honorable railway minister to take good decisions. Coz if person is spending his hard earned money and not getting good service then it hurts.

Atleast coaches should be clean,berth and toilets.what else a passenger can ask.

Please sir take some good decisions in our upcoming budget and pls provide a good service to train travellers.
cmdavis

Jan 7, 2017

rail bogie house keeping/ suggesion

Ref. Trn no. Pnr no. 16346. & 422387978
C.M.Davis & five passengers. dtd 22/ 12/ 2016

Train late by 4 hrs at tcr stn. Y? No infm frm rly authorities
No proper house keeoing 1) waste bin below washbasin packed & excess dumped between two bogie 2) toilet hand wash , no top nob to use3) tissue paper holder not ok & Also no tissue paper.
Suggesions.
Frequent inspectiion of house keeping once in 2 hour reqd.and remedial measures implimented at the same moment.
Sir these train bogies are of old British govt design mean for short journeys .But now more hours / days journey reqd .so toilets to be more spacious Sir y dont we omit one compartment on either side to accure space for toilets & enterance space
Present generation people are bulkier than earlier . Still we stick with old design nothing is imposible in engg fab now our nation devoloped like one of the super powers but we r still pulling with the old british design a total renovation required more enterance space also needed for all passeger trains. Sir we are travelling in ac couch we expect more comfort if need increase rate public ready to pay. Rlys has done lot for the upliftment of passengers i accept it . But the areas i descussed is not yet touched since 50 years. so kindly look into for a better tommorrow
With regards
C.M. Davis ollur tcr. Keraala .9847465703
Retn Trn / Pnr no . 16345 & 8351310226 28/12/16
Sirdo you think public will take a little pain to inform such thing . They dont respond/ bother about. Those who got some national improvenent spirit only give infm like this.

Best of luck may God bless you to take an appropriate action in this regard
Harish Jangid

Dec 31, 2016

Hello sir,
I could not board train 12215,( PNR-2554627858) because my earlier train 12391 PNR-(6662871024) shramjivi exp was running late by more than 10 hours so i could not board my next train i.e 12215 .please grant me refund .I also filled TDR but the reason is provided in TDR is different because this reason was not available in tdr.

Pankaj jangid
naushi.66

Dec 12, 2016

TDR

Please do contact us or tell us our status of complaint.
naushi.66

Dec 11, 2016

TDR

I have filled TDR aginst my pnr no 2425262228 as my train is delayed more than 15 hours it was on 4 dec but due to some reason i filled TDR on 6 th dec
sisukr

Dec 4, 2016

Re-activation of suspended Irctc Account

My name is Shishu Kumar. My Irctc Account has been suspended. I don't know the reaoson of suspension. I use it for booking tickets for myself and my family(sometimes for friends also).I have only one Email Id. Please re-activate my Irctc account.

For this I will be thankful to you.

Name :shishu kumar
User_Id : sisukr
Email_Id: shishukr@gmail.com
Mob :9818905035
Rao anil

Dec 1, 2016

food not provided as per entitled

We are currently traveling in rajdhani food must be provided in train but they are not providing us food as per menu of rajdhani train
Ranjana Mishra

Nov 26, 2016

Wrong information on Indian railway site of train departure

Hello sir/ madam,
We are looking at train departure status of 12561 from jaynagar of 26th Nov 2016. The departure was showing delay by 26 hours. So we cancelled our plan for leaving for station on that day. Around 2 o'clock when we checked from madubani then it was showing on time. And now we are not left with anytime for reaching station. Even ticket cancellation will not return any money. Even now if I see then from jaynagar the status s wrong and showing delay by 26 hours. And the train status from on the same page is in Allahabad only 4hours late.
I want my money back. What is the point of having a site if it is showing information.

Ranjana

Wrong information on Indian railway site of train departure

Shibin Mohamed

Nov 2, 2016

TDR Refund- no action taken since 2 months

I have filed the TDR , details as below.

100000119185389 4636819334 ERN CAN 20-Sep-2016 CR Registered 20-Sep-2016 18:09:39 HRS

Indian railway doesnot have any proper system, its been almost 2 months i havent recieved any response for my TDR filing. We all have a beilief in system. But having such system is spoiling all the rust what we have.

Train didnot reach the boarding station as the there was a de-railing in the route and took an alternative route.
k k pankaj

Oct 7, 2016

delay

12003 and 12004 so called swarn satabdi train and on routine basis getting delayed.railways minister if can not make satabdi train on time pls change the name of train and make it late saver train
Abinash Mohapatra

Sep 25, 2016

Ticket

Sir, I am ABINASH MOHAPATRA. I want to draw ur attention towards some absurd railway rules.if a ticket will get confirmed after RAC why immediately u r not alloting the seat no.why before 4 hours of journey.My mother is 54 yrs old and can't travel in upper berth.Her ticket got confirmed but still did nt know seat no.Then if she 'll be alloted a upper berth,in a short notice why can she change her travel plan?.....It is totally wrong.Is there any corruption in seat allotment.If not then why u r not alloting the seat no when it is getting confirmed."
sougath

Sep 9, 2016

Pantry Car : Need regular vigilance check

I am frequent traveler by train. I would like to bring to your notice, which I was try to send the messages to you. But due to some website issues unable to upload my feedback and concerns in the IRCTC portal.

First of all I would like thank to railways for managing such a big service in across India. There are couple of improvement already we can see in railways.

I would like bring to your notice inside the running train.

Pantry Car Service: we know every train Pantry car people supply “RAIL NEER” for drinking water. Now a days I observed Pantry car people supplying duplicate bottles or different company name bottles, which is really dangerous. If passenger asks to provide “Rail NEER” water, Panty stuff supply different company bottles saying no stock in train. I have visited personally and saw “RAIL NEER” bottles are available but it’s not supplying to passengers. Also I asked manager to give RAIL NEER” they gave me 5 months old bottles. Photos attached. Need immediate vigilance check of all Pantry Cars. How these people play with our health? Secondly quality of food is giving very poor and prices are very high according to the food quality.

Toilets and cleanness: It’s just bit improvement but zero maintenance, many taps are not working or not replaced if it’s damage. Water filled in the compartment tanks and within few minutes. whole water drains in the platform. Wash basin tapes and the outlet water pipe blocked. One more significant point, now a days many sleeper coaches all steel handles are removed from toilets and no hanging hooks. It’s been removed from train.

Sougata Saha

Pramodpal

Aug 23, 2016

Parcel not recieved.

Sir/Madam,

My parcel PRR No. 3000267048 is still not arrived at the destination station while as per message recieved on dated 21.8.2016 it has been already sent through train no. 14016 on dated 21.8.2016.

Please help in this regard asap.

Pramod Kr. Pal
Mob. No. 9910697020
Mangla Ram

Aug 22, 2016

Late Run Tendency of train No. 54412

The Train No. 54412 -MUT-RE-PASSENGER, even after right time start from Meerut Cantt., generally becomes late by one hour. Its right time to reach Rewari is 12-10PM, but it never reaches Rewari at this time and is always late by 1 to 1.5 hours, when it reaches Rewari.
Due to this , the passengers miss their next connecting train No. 59730-RE-SIKR-PASSENGER, which leaves Rewari at 13-00PM.
I have sufferred on 21/08/2016, due to the train No. 54412, which arrived late at Rewari at 13-10 PM. My next connecting train 59730, left Rewari at 13-00PM.So, I could not catch Train No. 59730 for going to Jhunjhunu and suffered a lot.
Please reform the situation at the earliest.Thanks.Dt. 23/08/2016

Name Of the Complaint Claimer-Mr. Ashok Kumar Jhanwar
PNR Nr- 8350072337
Train Nr-12216
Date of Boarding-21.08.2016
From Bandra Terminus(BDTS) to Jaipur (JP)

Complaint Details- Till the chart preparation, status of the reservation was 'Waiting' 28.so I have opted 'Tatkal' (PNR 8150469157) for the same train
but the waiting status of the previous reservation got changed to 'confirm'
& as I had already got Tatkal so I couldn't travel through the confirm ticket after chart prepared.
Now as per the process I am trying to File TDR but IRCTC showing me error that TDR has to be file 4 hrs before chart preparation.
So am not able to file the TDR,kindly look into it.
CHANDER2345

Aug 16, 2016

NON RECEIPT OF REFUND OF CANCELLATION AMOUNT DUE TO CANCELLATION OF TRAIN

I HAVE PURCHASED A TICKED OF SECOND AC FROM JHANSI TO NEW DELHI ON 21ST FEBRUARY 2016 ,DUE TO SUDDEN CANCELLATION OF TRAIN I HAD TO FILE TDR FOR REFUND OF MONEY. SIX MONTHS HAS PASSED BY AND CLAIMED AMOUNT HAS STILL NOT BEEN CREDITED TO MY ACCOUNT. IN THIS CONNECTION, I HAVE SENT SEVERAL MAIL TO CARE@IRCTC.COM BUT OF NO AVAIL

PLEASE LOOK INTO THE MATTER AND ARRANGE TO REFUND MY MONEY OTHERWISE I SHALL BE COMPELLED TO FILE SUIT AGAINST RAILWAI IN CONSUMER FORUM WITH FOR PAYMENT OF CLAIM AMOUNT WITH INTERST AND LEGAL EXPENSES.
PNR NO 2115342171

TDR REFERENCE NO 100000225797

REGARDS

C M REHANI
Reply,
Sidd6001

Jul 29, 2016

Slowly moving train

I m the passenger of lichichivi express,pnr no.6254899417..sir i board my train yesterday from bhatni junction,..
Sir today is my last date of counselling in ghaziabad,if i dn't get the college ,my whole career will be spoil then who is responsible for this??
vinay115151

Jul 26, 2016

bike not reached

I booked my bike dt 13/07/16. From nagpur to madurai. But not any information about this. So plz provide some information regarding this as soon as possible.
Vinay kumar saw
vinay777kumar@gmail.com
PRR NO-2002769609

Garbage pollutiom on DDA land - Garbage pollution on DDA land
    The empty DDA land at Khaliullah Masjid near Dhobi Ghat is...
    AL ISRA TOURS AND TRAVEL - Trusted Company is Al Isra Tour and Travels
    The company using mobile numbers 9831719258 and 9007791516...
    EPFO - Bandhan friendship club
    Bandhan friendship club Bandhan friendship club Bashkar...
    Bandhan Friendship Club - Bandhan friendship club
    Bandhan friendship club Bandhan friendship club Bashkar...
    Noida Jal Board - Wastage of water
    Plz cut their watet supply to make them understand that...
    Nagar Nigam Bhopal - A LOT OF DOG PROBLEM
    For street dog catching Dear sir please send municipal...
    Kolkata Police - AL ISRA TOURS AND TRAVELS is not Fraud COMPANY
    The company is not a fraud one.I withdraw my all...
    WBSEDCL - Meter Is Faulty.
    Respected Sir, I have registered a complain due to high...