Insurance Verification Department

Consumer complaints and reviews about Insurance Verification Department

Vikas Balooni

Jan 28, 2015

FAKE VERIFICATION CALLS

I am getting repeated calls from two numbers for past week (since Jan 25, 2015) saying that they are calling from KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE for verification of details of my policy. First they called using number +91-9266622015 where they asked for my details and when I questioned the person that what is all this for he disconnected. Second day I got another call using number +91-9266161001 where the person again asked for my details and said that my agent/third party had put up a claim for the amount that I have invested and moreover my NOC is with them for clearance of claim. When I told the person that I have not given any NOC to anyone, he said to me to go to local branch. All this made me confused and nervous, so I called up KOTAK LIFE CUSTOMER CARE, where I was told that all these calls are fake and the callers just wants me to get into their trap for their own benefit and hence not to entertain such calls.

Of note, when I checked the above numbers through TRUE CALLER app on android phone, no information was reflected for one number while other was entered as (Ins Advisor).

Again, I had missed calls today from the number +91-9266622015. I just want to know who are all these masterminds planning to dupe people of their hard-earned money and how all this can be checked.
YRB

Jan 23, 2015

call for claiming bonus

I ALSO GOT THE SAME CALL TODAY & I CONFIRMED TO THEM TO GIVE THE CHECK TOMORROW, PLS. ADVISE ME WHAT I SHIULD DO ?They asked me to give cheque for 25000/- in the name of Corporaton solutions to create customer ID and is refundable in a week
YRB

Jan 23, 2015

Insurance bonus claim reg

I am also getting frequent calls to my land line. He says he is from LIC Govt verification department
After seeming this forum I am careful.this is most useful forum.
kovid

Jan 21, 2015

Beware of Fake Calls

At home my wife received a call and asked to provide complete information reg. policies. She considering this as required provide basic information and then gave my contact details. Immediately after i have recd call from 01204523050 on my number which they have just taken. the lady said she is calling from CGI verification department in Delhi. After asking what is CGI she told its central govt. insurance authority. when i repeatedly questioned how he got my number and asked her to give me the details of the policies she was ref to, and also asked her to mail me the details hat information they are looking for, she said its your duty to provide the information otherwise no bonus ill be issued and policy ill lapse. Then i argue with her and told her that i am in meeting then she disconnected the call.
How they people are able to get each and every details reg. our policies.

why isn't #IRDA doing anything about this since this seems to be happening to a lot of people going by the list of complaints online.

PLEASE WAKE UP AND STOP THIS CRAP BEFORE PEOPLE LOSE THEIR INVESTMENTS AND MONEY.

pls respond to kovids@yahoo.com
chhedaamit

Jan 20, 2015

claiming about additional bonus

Sir/madam, few days back i got call from 08750496608 mr. rohit kumar he said he is calling from central governement insurance authority varification department and there is amount of Rs. 36000/- approx had issued by central governement as a additional bonus and to claim this call mr. bharat kumar at 08130926342. i call mr. bharat and he said other than 36000/- you have claim of rs. 168654/- which is going to issue in your favour on 3rd march 2015 and to claim both amount take fresh policy of Rs. 35000/- which will be refunded after deducting 500/- on end of the feb 2015,
I want to know that both this number are genuine or fack pl. guide me what to do next because i have to deposit this 35000/- today till 3.00 pm
contact me at 09825030983
Anayrashmi

Jan 17, 2015

Getting call in the name of Insurance Verification Department from 9716359129

I am getting calls from 09716359129 frequently and they are saying that She is Ms Sharma from Insurance Verification Department and she is saying that she had file pending with them of my Father-in-law who has purchased some shares in 2006.And they are going to release that money.But they are always insisting to purchase policy.Why?? when we are going to stop such fraud calls.

Requested to advice on my mail ID rashmi_uns@yahoo.com.

Rashmi
anonymous1378

Jan 8, 2015

bonus amount

i have recd fake call from 9212568124 on a number which i have just taken. the gentleman said he is calling from CGI verification department in Delhi. when i repeatedly questioned how he got my number and asked him to give me the details of the policies he was ref to, he disconnected the call.

pls respond to m_punhani@yahoo.com
grcb

Dec 27, 2014

Fake Call from 0120-3980272 and 0120-39802275

Please be aware of fraud calls from the phone numbers (probably Reliance Communication Land line numbers) 0120-3980272 and 0120-3980275 claiming from central government Insurance authority and asking for your details! As I have received the calls twice this day from these bastards!
Please report these numbers to the suitable department to avoid any loss to innocent public!
Arun Bhaskar

Dec 26, 2014

Fake calls from Insurance verification department

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: 1204875950. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO. One Aarti Verma told to call on this number 9990558609. I have heard of frauds but this seems to be a big one. Please inform me at my email abhaskar@outlook.com
Arun Bhaskar
naipal86

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 01148529560,01148529530,01148529500. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG
Ananya Sharma
Karan singh
naipal86

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 01148981330. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG
Ananya Sharma
Karan singh
aman singh rawat

Dec 16, 2014

Rough language used by the insurance verification caller

I received a call from someone called Rajeev Mittal from Navi Mumbai enquiring about whether I have taken any life insurance policy from any company. When I replied no, he said it is not possible. He even said that I am making a fool of him that even after being a salaried employee I have not done any insurance policy.I told him again and again that there is no insurance done and he kept on talking in the roughest possible language to me and said I can do whatever I want and that he would see it. His tone was very rough and harsh. I beleive such people should people and call centres should be questioned by the authority who disturb the office public and unnecessarily waste the company's man hour. The number he called from was +911409807970.
rahul9932

Dec 14, 2014

infermatian regarding our officer shruti jadhav

shruti jadhav from irda service department call me and told me to deposit 28000 thousand in the name of standard equatian
as per his call i deposited said amount through check
now again she told me my total amount is ready to depatch but therefor i have depositited amount of rs. 2 lac in the name of arcade ecsure company
and also sakshi goyanka from income tax deparment call me and told me to deposit said amount
so plz guide me urgent
my mo. 9970178279
ashutog

Insurance Verification Department

same here. The Number was 9136263301. The girl on the other side named herself Trisha Gupta.
2meetram

Dec 12, 2014

Call Received from Insurance Verification Dept.

Fake call or it is real please suggest.
Miss Neha is calling me and asking for my policy detail.
Please do the needful if someone has knowledge about this. 08459173494 is the number of Miss Neha.
trini

Dec 12, 2014

call from life insurance verification

Have been getting regular calls from someone claiming to be from the life insurance verification department of the government of India wanting to talk to my father who passed away recently asking for his policy details. Initially we thought there might be some genuine inquiry being done by his insurance company. However, after talking to informed people around we were told that these were indeed phishing calls.
Today someone called Rajiv Bhatia called up from 9810992941. I'll like to file a complaint.
nkaushik

Dec 6, 2014

Taken personal details

My father got a call yesterday from the no. 9212625724 some Mr Gupta from Insurance Verification Department. He asked all the personal details from him like his PAN card, Date of Birth, his retirement PPP no. etc. & gave one code no saying that you will get a call within 24 hrs from Mr .......& confirm him the code no. which was given and not to reveal anyone else otherwise he will lose his money. Then in the late evening he got call from Mr.......(same person told by him) and my father confirmed him that code. Then he said you will receive a cheque of some amount by tomorrow after verification of the details.
When my father told me all this. I called up from my father's mobile the same no. 9212625724... the person said he is mr R K Saxena and started asking that who I am & all. I told him I need your details becoz yesterday my father got a call from this number. He asked who called what was his name etc. and he disconnected the mobile. then i tried a lot it was going busy. After some time i got call from the same number the person said i am assistant to Mr Saxena & he is busy in a meeting. I told him but just now he spoke to me how come he is in a meeting. I asked him which is this company. He said this is central government Insurance authority. I asked him about mR Gupta ...he said he might be in verification depart. he said Mr saxena will talk to you after some time. Then after ~10 minutes i got a call from Mr Saxena. He wanted to know what Mr Gupta & other person told you. I said that he was telling about some cheque but we didnt receive any cheque ..he said no its government department...it take time...they first would verify your details etc. & then he disconnected. We have serious doubt that it must be the fake call. They have already taken all personal details from my father. Is there anything that they can do ? or they can cheat. Pl.advise. what to do in this case.
Nirmala
chaitanyakorde

Dec 1, 2014

Phishing call claiming to be from Insurance Verification Department

I received a call from Delhi claiming to be from Insurance Verification Department. Later, I confirmed this to be a phishing call. It was from a MTS Number: 9136968813 and requested to provide all policy numbers as I have a bonus amount of more than 1 Lakh INR. I did not communicate further as it was a phishing/fake call. Be Alert, Sensible and Vigilant.

Chaitanya
Ravindra Arora

Nov 25, 2014

Possibly fake organization/ people

Calling themselves "ICICI Club Services", address Mr. Mohinder Singh Malik, A-897 D, Baba Faridpuri, near Palika Dhaba, West Patel Nagar, New Delhi-110008, demanding papers for encashing MetLife returns along with a cheque of half the yearly payment amount on the name of organization mentioned above.
The person on phone 8392976667 calling himself as Mr. Rajiv Agarwal, Sr.Fund Manager of "Government Insurance Verification Department".
I would be grateful if all these details given above are verified by you whether these are genuine and the demand for the money for encashing the policy right? They say it will be returned with the total amount payment.
Ravindra
PLGOENKA

Nov 24, 2014

Fraudulent Insurance Counseling

Received a call from a person claiming to be Abhishek Varma from no. 07838805355 of Insurance Counselling & Verification - calling for a supposed survey and advise if I was having any problems with any Insurance policies. Beware of such rascals.
chourasiya.r

Nov 22, 2014

Claim of insurance bonus

Today I got calls from 01409303606 and 0140934455, insurance verification department of LIC, stating that I have not claimed the bonus declared by LIC of India and the same is going to be cancelled soon. He asked for policy numbers and for verification Name and date of birth. He gave me one file number and wait for another call from his higher ups.

So far repeat call has not come so far. It seems to be a fake one. LIC may pl do not entertain these fraudulent activities and and protect our policies.
naresh3773

Nov 21, 2014

Fake call for additional bonus on lic policy

This is with reference to the telephone calls from unknown persons stating themselves as Insurance company representatives from New Delhi. The address they had provided on demand is The Insurance Verification Department, Building No.7, Road No.3, Barakhamba Road, near Kakbadi, New Delhi.

They are calling me to my land line number 0821-2487577 & 0821-2487578 from the past 2 months from this number (01409807522) and insisting that the policies held in my/family names in Life Insurance Company has been benefited about 40% returns for which i have to submit some records and have to take up one more policy from them issuing cheque for the new policy to avail the previous bonus to be credited into my bank account.

Sir i am smelling some foul smell in this matter and till today i had not committed with them. I wish they should not dupe the innocent public who are unaware about the greedy thoughts behind this gang.

When i contacted my friends who are Insurance company employees also narrated that the had also received complaints for the same matter from the customers.

Hope your good selves will take action into this matter and help out the public falling into this type of anti social elements jaws.

Today they had advised me to contact in this number. 09717358480 and she narrated her name as Shipra verma

With Regards,
Naresh.M.Patel

Surabhi Marbles
37/B2, 2nd Stage, Industrial Suburb,
Mysore South, Mysore-570008
9845127879 / 9742663998
prettyq52003

Nov 19, 2014

fake call from insurance verification department

I had received a call today 19th november 2014, from mr sudhir kumar saying that he had sent some letter and wanted to do some verifications about my father's policy. I asked him to tell him the policy number so that I am sure its not a fake call. This person wassuddenly so rude and told he is the one who ll question and I am supposed to answer him. He said if I dont give him the details, he's going to cancel the policy. Then I refused to give him details he was fighting and finally I told him i ll verify and give a police complaint and his phone number to police if it was a fake call. He said he ll cancel the policy and disconnected the call.. immediately a lady called back and started abusing and shouting I had to literally threaten her that ill give a police complaint about this.
( I had got similar call a week back from another number I kind of felt it was the same ladywho spoke to me. She was abusive then too)
Number from where I got call is 9573423043
nairprima2

Oct 31, 2014

Fraud calls

My dad passed away 12 years back. Receiving calls from a person claiming to be an LIC agent. he said my dad invested in shares and on that basis he invested in insurance policy,due for maturity soon. They did not provide the policy details, only gave file #IR000196. Last month, they informed that claim has been processed and that amount would be settled soon, they asked for bank details which we refused, we insisted on them sending demand draft, provided our address details. the persons refused to give their name or telephone number.
yesterday a person named RP Singh, called informing whether we received any money. Today a lady named ANkita Jain calls, informing that she is calling from Insurance verification dept and that she received insurance claim to be cancelled request.
She provided her ctc # 9871191774. She informed that today is last day and maybe stock agents had fooled us calling and informing the details, she informed that dad has insurance with Reliance Life Insurance (previous calls it was LIC).She informed if the policy is cancelled then 75% goes to charity and 25% in share brokers pocket.She stated the amount is 237961,which will get lapsed.She also asked for policy number,which we didnt have. She said in that case the policy maybe cancelled, adn that she will check with her superior on what best can be done.
She informed me that i need to submit muy moms 2 passport photos, 1ID proof, Death certificate of Dad,Residence proof, PAN card, once we submit these details they can try to link the new policy with the old one and transfer that money here. I informed i will check in the matter and then complain with IRDA and she informed that i can do it, and disconnected the call immediately.
She has already taken our address details, name and DOB of our family members.
Aseem Anand

Oct 28, 2014

Fake call

Recieved call from 9911059657 claimimng to be from Insurance Council of India . Pls check if this is genuine

Vasanth & co - DVD palyer not offerd
    We purchased LED tv on 14.1.15 (32H5100). Customer...
    JOHNSON LIFT - ART is not working
    Rajiv Nagar, Jeevan Parisar, Lodhipara chowk,Raipur. ART...
    HP Gas - subsidy
    Sir, My booking no.266222, cash memio no.191374 Dt....
    Indigo - Request for issuing duplicate pass for claiming purposes
    Request for Boarding Pass for claiming purpose I have...
    Reliance Digital, Gachibowli hyderabad - Reliance Digital
    Dear Javid, Sincerely apologize for the inconvenience...
    313537 - adhar card not received
    name sau. ratna pradip mali at post ghodpeth ta....
    Shopclues - Order never got delivered
    Holding both my ears that i chose shopclues for...
    Regional Passport Office, Guwahati, Assam - PCC
    my file no is GU1086340980214, i have applied for a pcc...