Insurance Verification Department

Consumer complaints and reviews about Insurance Verification Department

justincko

Mar 28, 2015

Fraudullent Calls from LIC Agents

This is to bring to your notice that i was receiving frequent fraudulent calls from a person claiming to call from LIC office from Delhi. He began the call informing that one of my policy dividends were not claimed last year and the agent from whom i had taken the policy has sent a document that I was not interested in claiming that amount. The insurance company has invested the unclaimed amount in a company and the LIC agent would be getting 40% of the unclaimed amount if i did not take action today. He went on further saying that i would get the unclaimed amount with more loyalties if I invest a sum of 28,000 rs in Agon Religare company. That he would send an agent from that company today to our house and im supposed to give him a check of that amount and i'm not supposed to tell him about the call i had received from the LIC agent and that i should tell him that im investing the amount out of my own interest. One searching over the net i have found out that Agon Religare is another insurance company. By inciting fear the fake LIC agent is making me draw the opening another premium in another insurance company. Please take action against such calls and ensure that these con men are brought to justice.

This was the number on which he had called. :09136849328
rnkdelhiindia

Mar 23, 2015

Call from Central Government Insurance Authority, Mumbai Authority - appears to be fake

24 March 2015 - received call from 1204160716 on my landline - Caller PS Tomar - on asking for the address of the authority it said - SSS Serving Branch, Jeevan Seva Yoga Ashram Building, East Mumbai Vile Parle - He said that I have moved a case for cancellation of Additional Bonus' on one of my policies - On asking for the policy number, he evaded and said that the same cannot be provided on open line - On asking to tell which office/Branch of LIC has forwarded the file - he said there are 76 branches of LIC in Delhi - On asking him to be more specific - he said Connaught Place = On asking to specify which Branch because I have policies from 2 branches- he evaded and asked me to provide my ate of birth - I evaded and asked him to tell me the Branch number - he again avoided and asked for date of birth - I asked him to give me his telephone number = he immediately disconnected == It does show that the call is a fake == however, some of the data he gave is correct === well Beware of such calls
nishanthtk

Mar 17, 2015

Bogus Call From LIC Verification Department

This is to bring to your notice about getting too many fraudulent calls from LIC Verification number department, claiming to be from Mumbai headoffice. They speak in Hindi, and ask for the Policy number. They were too convincing in getting the policy number from me; but they went on asking for my DOB, PAN, Aadhar details, which I didnt share.

The reason they put forward for such call is, they tell that the commission amount in terms of divident is unclaimed by me and this money if unclaimed will be routed by your agent whom you are not in touch with to hefty commissions - ie., 40% claimed by the agent and the rest by company at the time of maturity.

I have traced the number to have come from 1409580674 and 1409804320. So please note this kind of fraud happening, getting your personal details from you. I am not sure of their intention; but I understand it shouldnt be for good. Hence please refrain from giving any details to such fraudulent calls.
jigar.shah

Mar 12, 2015

Fake call of Dividend payment to non-customers from Excide life insurance

Today I got a fake call from 9350572290 and 9599571359 from someone named khushi, telling she is from Excide Life insurance accounts dept. They told me that company has generated a big revenue last year, so as per irda has to share some portion as a dividend between customers. However in order to create large customer base, company is giving this amount to other customers as well. So I need to invest Rs. 30000 into their some investment plan for 1 year, which i shall get back with interest after 1 year. Once I make an investment, company is going to release dividend amount of Rs. 65740 after 48-60 days.

As i was having doubt about their dividend payout to non customers I called Excide Life insurance customer care to confirm whether they are running any such scheme. As expected, they denied it and confirmed that it was a fake call.
anil61048

Feb 20, 2015

Call regarding Insurance premiums

There was a call from Landline No. 011-33120854. ID indicated as FACK INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT. Threatening to cancel my policies in case I do not provide them with the details they desired. My mobile no. 9431493874. Please take necessary measures to prevent such attempts.
shastribhaskar

Feb 18, 2015

Phishing call claiming to be from Insurance Verification Department

Hello
Today I received a call on my landline and as I don't have a proper caller ID could not record the number, from allegedly, LIC's Insurance Verification Department. The man spoke to me in Hindi and identified himself as Vishal Mehra. He was claiming to be from Insurance Verification Department, LIC and said that a sum of Rs 1.18 Lakh is due for disbursement for dividend against my policies and it would be cancelled if not claimed. According to him, my agent who sold the policy did not do some formality and the dividend was up for cancellation. They also confirmed that the agent will not inform me on this because they will claim hefty commission of 40 % on the dividend if not claimed. They seemed very natural in talking and asked for my DOB, PAN & Driving license for further processing. They actually confirmed my mailing address correctly and this is what fooled me :(.... When I demanded their contact details & a reference number of this conversation they had given me a docket number : NOS5924/001K and forwarded the call to the next level for me to figure out a way to claim my money. The man identified himself as JP Sharma who said the dividend was supposed to be paid out by Reliance industries and they asked me for a relationship number with Reliance on any financial investment. As I did not have any, they advised me to open a Life Insurance policy with them with a minimum premium of Rs 25000 and have the policy cancelled within the freelook period and furnish the relationship number to process the pay out of my cheque! As this persona had a fair bit of my personal details already, I made the mistake of furnishing further personal details like PAN & Driving License number unfortunately which can be misused!

He also shared a hunting number which can be traced as these guys are confirmed fraudsters. The number given to me was 8287012672. I hope the authorities take stern action on these people who are capable of stealing the identity even from educated people!
aagrawal

Feb 18, 2015

Claim of bonus

My father received similar call from some Rahul Sharma calling from Delhi followed up by Geetika Sharma. They claim to be calling from IGMS and handle irregularities done by private insurance companies. Ms Geetika (+919211219236) asked for INR 14,380/- for 'processing' the irregularities and said we would receive around 3.5L as part of bonus from pending insurance policies.

Luckily I intervened and spoke to these people about exactly your system works for which they had not clear answer. I asked them to email from a registered email address, they couldn't do it. Then they gave me an email address: lifeinsuranceivd@india.com and asked to email all details along with policy receipt copies.

till now I have received no response on email and now this is very clear why. Ultimately having full faith in our government officies (that they cant do any good in life) saved my money going again.

Abhishek (aagrawal2287@gmail.com)
Kalyan Sinha

Feb 13, 2015

Bogus Call From LIC Verification Department

Today , on 13th Feb, 2015 , I received a call from +91-9266622521 that they are from Verification department of LIC and a Sum of Rs 1.5 Lakh is due for disbursement for dividend against my policies and it would be cancelled if not claimed. They also confirmed that the agent will not make you informed on this becouse they will claim hefty commission of 35 % on your dividend if not claimed. They seems very natural in talking and asked for my DOB for verification which is very normal in such kind of call and looks authenticated. Further they asked me the address at which divident check would be posted and alternative contract number.They had given me an USER ID : ICC459587 and told that your file is forwarded to next level and you will recieve a call from Management within 48 Hours on your claim before it would be processed and dispatched to given address. You need to confirm them your User ID for process.

After call I just verified if LIC isdeclaring any dividend to Public on net and came to know all these are fake call. Still I am waiting for the Management Call from them . Beware od such call.
vcarefarma

Feb 12, 2015

Insurance bonus

Caution about one Mr. Vikas Gupta also... please note 07503274859
ajeevanjaya

Feb 9, 2015

Bogus call from Insurance verification department

I have received a call from 08750482467 saying that his name is Rahul Sarma from Insurance verification department .He said that an amount of Rs one lakh fifty four thousands and three hundred thirty is lying with them to be released towards insurance amount lying with them to be released and gave me my particulars available with them and took details about my date of birth and asked me to pay an amount of Rs30,300 in the name of Reliancs life Insurance so that the pending amount in LIC can be paid to me.Since I doubted some mischief and hence not paid any amount.The Authorities should publish in the mass media cautioning the people to be very careful and not to be cheated.
A.Jeevan jaya
msdheeraj1976

Jan 31, 2015

Fake calls regarding Bonus accrued on LIC Policies

My Parents have received phone calls on Landline stating that there has been bonuses from LIC on previous Matured LIC policies. They state that the call is being made from LIC verification department and that bonuses are pending from LIC as the LIC agent has unknowingly taken an NOC( No Objection Certificate) stating that he will take the bonuses and deliver the same

They transfer the calls to various depts like verification department, accounts department etc to make it feel real. Some of the names are Harish Bhai patel, Preethi sharma etc All calls are either from landline / or from numbers which cannot be contacted.
The calls made to mobile are from 01409803853.

Please Beware! these are fake calls . These calls are made either to trap bank Information from innocent people or to make them buy new Insurance policies of Exide insurance or Religare.

They talk for hours and try to get information. Spread the message so that People don't get cheated.
Vikas Balooni

Jan 28, 2015

FAKE VERIFICATION CALLS

I am getting repeated calls from two numbers for past week (since Jan 25, 2015) saying that they are calling from KOTAK LIFE INSURANCE for verification of details of my policy. First they called using number +91-9266622015 where they asked for my details and when I questioned the person that what is all this for he disconnected. Second day I got another call using number +91-9266161001 where the person again asked for my details and said that my agent/third party had put up a claim for the amount that I have invested and moreover my NOC is with them for clearance of claim. When I told the person that I have not given any NOC to anyone, he said to me to go to local branch. All this made me confused and nervous, so I called up KOTAK LIFE CUSTOMER CARE, where I was told that all these calls are fake and the callers just wants me to get into their trap for their own benefit and hence not to entertain such calls.

Of note, when I checked the above numbers through TRUE CALLER app on android phone, no information was reflected for one number while other was entered as (Ins Advisor).

Again, I had missed calls today from the number +91-9266622015. I just want to know who are all these masterminds planning to dupe people of their hard-earned money and how all this can be checked.
YRB

Jan 23, 2015

call for claiming bonus

I ALSO GOT THE SAME CALL TODAY & I CONFIRMED TO THEM TO GIVE THE CHECK TOMORROW, PLS. ADVISE ME WHAT I SHIULD DO ?They asked me to give cheque for 25000/- in the name of Corporaton solutions to create customer ID and is refundable in a week
YRB

Jan 23, 2015

Insurance bonus claim reg

I am also getting frequent calls to my land line. He says he is from LIC Govt verification department
After seeming this forum I am careful.this is most useful forum.
kovid

Jan 21, 2015

Beware of Fake Calls

At home my wife received a call and asked to provide complete information reg. policies. She considering this as required provide basic information and then gave my contact details. Immediately after i have recd call from 01204523050 on my number which they have just taken. the lady said she is calling from CGI verification department in Delhi. After asking what is CGI she told its central govt. insurance authority. when i repeatedly questioned how he got my number and asked her to give me the details of the policies she was ref to, and also asked her to mail me the details hat information they are looking for, she said its your duty to provide the information otherwise no bonus ill be issued and policy ill lapse. Then i argue with her and told her that i am in meeting then she disconnected the call.
How they people are able to get each and every details reg. our policies.

why isn't #IRDA doing anything about this since this seems to be happening to a lot of people going by the list of complaints online.

PLEASE WAKE UP AND STOP THIS CRAP BEFORE PEOPLE LOSE THEIR INVESTMENTS AND MONEY.

pls respond to kovids@yahoo.com
chhedaamit

Jan 20, 2015

claiming about additional bonus

Sir/madam, few days back i got call from 08750496608 mr. rohit kumar he said he is calling from central governement insurance authority varification department and there is amount of Rs. 36000/- approx had issued by central governement as a additional bonus and to claim this call mr. bharat kumar at 08130926342. i call mr. bharat and he said other than 36000/- you have claim of rs. 168654/- which is going to issue in your favour on 3rd march 2015 and to claim both amount take fresh policy of Rs. 35000/- which will be refunded after deducting 500/- on end of the feb 2015,
I want to know that both this number are genuine or fack pl. guide me what to do next because i have to deposit this 35000/- today till 3.00 pm
contact me at 09825030983
Anayrashmi

Jan 17, 2015

Getting call in the name of Insurance Verification Department from 9716359129

I am getting calls from 09716359129 frequently and they are saying that She is Ms Sharma from Insurance Verification Department and she is saying that she had file pending with them of my Father-in-law who has purchased some shares in 2006.And they are going to release that money.But they are always insisting to purchase policy.Why?? when we are going to stop such fraud calls.

Requested to advice on my mail ID rashmi_uns@yahoo.com.

Rashmi
anonymous1378

Jan 8, 2015

bonus amount

i have recd fake call from 9212568124 on a number which i have just taken. the gentleman said he is calling from CGI verification department in Delhi. when i repeatedly questioned how he got my number and asked him to give me the details of the policies he was ref to, he disconnected the call.

pls respond to m_punhani@yahoo.com
grcb

Dec 27, 2014

Fake Call from 0120-3980272 and 0120-39802275

Please be aware of fraud calls from the phone numbers (probably Reliance Communication Land line numbers) 0120-3980272 and 0120-3980275 claiming from central government Insurance authority and asking for your details! As I have received the calls twice this day from these bastards!
Please report these numbers to the suitable department to avoid any loss to innocent public!
Arun Bhaskar

Dec 26, 2014

Fake calls from Insurance verification department

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: 1204875950. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO. One Aarti Verma told to call on this number 9990558609. I have heard of frauds but this seems to be a big one. Please inform me at my email abhaskar@outlook.com
Arun Bhaskar
naipal86

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 01148529560,01148529530,01148529500. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG
Ananya Sharma
Karan singh
naipal86

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 01148981330. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG
Ananya Sharma
Karan singh
aman singh rawat

Dec 16, 2014

Rough language used by the insurance verification caller

I received a call from someone called Rajeev Mittal from Navi Mumbai enquiring about whether I have taken any life insurance policy from any company. When I replied no, he said it is not possible. He even said that I am making a fool of him that even after being a salaried employee I have not done any insurance policy.I told him again and again that there is no insurance done and he kept on talking in the roughest possible language to me and said I can do whatever I want and that he would see it. His tone was very rough and harsh. I beleive such people should people and call centres should be questioned by the authority who disturb the office public and unnecessarily waste the company's man hour. The number he called from was +911409807970.
rahul9932

Dec 14, 2014

infermatian regarding our officer shruti jadhav

shruti jadhav from irda service department call me and told me to deposit 28000 thousand in the name of standard equatian
as per his call i deposited said amount through check
now again she told me my total amount is ready to depatch but therefor i have depositited amount of rs. 2 lac in the name of arcade ecsure company
and also sakshi goyanka from income tax deparment call me and told me to deposit said amount
so plz guide me urgent
my mo. 9970178279
ashutog

Dec 12, 2014

Insurance Verification Department

same here. The Number was 9136263301. The girl on the other side named herself Trisha Gupta.

Mumbai Auto Rickshaw - Meter not working well or another way to dupe passengers
    We boarded an auto from Kharghar to Koparkhairane. The...
    Emudhra - Non receipt of Reference No. and pdf application form
    Dear Sir, I have made payment of Rs.204 by my Yes Bank...
    280424 - Electric bill not paid
    I havery made a payment of my electric bill, still waiting...
    Indian Railways - lost a polybag with item in train no11061 dt.28.3.2015
    I was travelling in train no. 11061 muzaffarpur express...
    293039 - B.A 1st year
    Hi mera B.A.(private)1st year ka registration number kho...
    www.upsconline.nic.in - community certificate date
    sir i had community certificate and OBC certificate.in...
    Parsvnath - Non Completion of Parsavnath Prerna, Agra
    I had booked a house and shop in the above mentioned...
    Reliance - land rent foe a tower
    Sir Previous day I have a call from the mumbai They...
    Indian Railway (Lost Luggage) - Driving Licrense
    I lost my Driving License in Kalka Delthi Shatabdi (12012)...
    www.loveguruindia.com - He is a fake bastered
    Nikhil bhargav Bank.icici 065701503529 Ifsc...