Insurance Verification Department

Consumer complaints and reviews about Insurance Verification Department

chandangarg1

Oct 20, 2014

Fake call- LIC loyalty bonus

Similar to many of ur cases, i recd a call from one Öm Srivastava claiming to be from Insurance Verification Dept, Delhi Head Office. The caller claimed that I have earned a loyalty bonus on my existing LIC Insurance policy to the tune of about Rs 1,70,000. and that my agent has conveyed a cancellation request from my side. So to cancel that request and receive two cheques totalling to 1,70,000, i must get a new policy of hdfc life insurance for which i must send them a cheque of rs 28000 along with other documents by courier today only. I even told him that i'm finding it hard to believe the genuineness of the call. But then he somehow told me some stories and I almost believed the non sense they gave me. Thanking heavens that i decided to check it out on net before proceeding any further.
Bastards, all of them..
saurabh51288

Oct 20, 2014

Fake call for dividend refund for LIC

I got this call around 2.30PM today from the number 8459245969, saying that call is from insurance verification dept and some dividend refund is cancelled against your policy , so she would like to verify the details so that i could get the dividend, i immediately realized that something amiss, hence i told her that, first let me talk to my agent and then i will give u a call back. On calling the agent, he told that this is fake and and not to entertain such calls, beware from fraud calls.
S.V.DAMLE

Oct 18, 2014

Fake Call asking for Personal Information

Today, 18th October 2014 , I got a call from 011 42024600 , saying that he is speaking from verification dept. of L.I.C. and wants to verify my details. and that a bonus has been declared last year on my policy , and I have not yet claimed the bonus. Therefore, he wanted my personal details, such as Date of Birth , PAN Card No. etc. He was knowing my address!. I refused to give this information and asked him to send a letter. He said , L.I.C. has sent you a letter , one year back , and therefore, he wants to verify my details. After my refusal ,he 'warned' me that if I do not submit to personal details , My Annuity will stop. I told him that, in such a case, I will take up the matter with L.I.C.

S . V . DAMLE
Fraud catcher

Oct 17, 2014

Insurance verification

What level of frauds will people stoop to. Got a call from 8459051917 - some woman claiming to be from Insurance verification department - I asked her department with who ? and she said Central government - I started laughing and said this is the first time I am hearing about this department - and she realized her game was up - the funny part was she said - aap ko pata nahi to aap ko batane ki bi zaroorat nahi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAZY PEOPLE
ashok.shah161

Oct 16, 2014

fAKE CALLS IN THE NAME OF iNUSRANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT

Today at about 1 pm, I got a call from a no.+911204353900, saying that he was calling from Insurance Verification department and when I told him that I know that there is no such dept.and I will file a police complaint against the caller, he said that I can do whatever I can and banged down the phone to call again and challenge me to take police action if I can.
Is there any rule of law in our country or not ? Which govt.dept.can take action against such fake callers ?
Rahulsin

Oct 14, 2014

Fake Call from insurance varification Dept.

Hi All,

I have got call from 01203360200 and person saying he is calling from verification department of insuranace. When I ask him this department belongs to which goverment body then he is saying IRDA. He wants to get policy details(premium and DOB,etc.) when I ask him that if he is from insurance dept. then he can get these details from their bank then he is saying ok for premium details and policy number. However when I ask him that I am going to get help from police and put his call on surveillance then he disconnect call.
If anybody get such kind of calls, please do not give any detail before discuss with your insurance company with secure process.
Although if somebady do not know your name or any of your details like from which company you have an insurance policy, how can he would be an authorize person?
baldev49

Oct 9, 2014

Central Govt Insurance Verification Dept

Today at about 3-40PM, I got a call from No.0120-4962300 and the person calling told that he is from Central Govt Insurance Verification Department. He wanted to know details of my insurance policy so that he can help me in getting some amount which my insurance company or the agent do not want to disclose to me. When I asked that how he got my contact details (actually when he called, he confirmed whether it is Baldev Singh on line ! I asked him to let me know as to the policy No. which he is referring to but he insisted that first I will have to verify the details he is asking. The fact is that I do not have any insurance policy either from LIC or any other insurance company and I wonder why and for what he was calling me. Is there any Department - Police or some other Department who should verify credentials of such callers and take appropriate action so as to avoid fraud with the public.
V R Murari

Oct 7, 2014

Fake call from Central Govt Insurance authority.

I too was getting calla claiming from Central govt insurance authority quite a few occasions. Initially I was curious to know how they got my name and address, but all details pertaining to my address and other details were correct.I was told that an amount Rs 158856/ is due to me as bonus /dividend and I have to make a claim immediately otherwise the amount will be cancellation department and will be cancelled. This call was from Delhi. They have given phone numbers for contacting to get details . As per them the agent will be getting the amount if I do not act immediately. Next day I got another call from another person and she detailed the procedure to activate some code either through Star Solutions Ltd or HDFC Insurance .When I asked for details of the companies and other details for my verification they gave me their seniors number and the line went dead.
The best part of the case is that' I NEVER HAD AN INSURANCE POLICY'
I wonder who will investigate the frauds and take action.
V R Murari
Bangalore
santu77

Sep 27, 2014

Insurance verification Deptt-LIC loyalty bonus-Fake Call

Dear All,

Today at 12.21pm , a girl in the guise of an employee of IVD (Insurance Verification Deptt) called. The mobile no. is +918459223645. She said that my agent has cheated me the bonus amount to the tune of some Rs.174000 and if I don't respond now with my policy details, she will permanently cancel it.

Since, I did not had my particulars at that time, I told her to call back. Meanwhile, I checked for IVD in google, I came across these comments from u all by which it is clear that the call was fake.Hence, I posted this comment immediately.I am waiting for her call at 3.30pm.Hope to get some details from her regarding what these people are upto.

Santhosh.S
prasad karanjikar

Sep 27, 2014

Fake call from Central Govt Insurance Verification Dept

i received call from pooja Meheta she told me she is calling from Central Govt Insurance Authority Dept & my LIC policy Loyaty bonus is for cancellation & i have to come to mumbai & avoid cancellation & as if it is cancelled then my loyaty bonus will be transfer to LIC agent account she asked my date of birth then one complaint no is provided to me BT001513 the mobile no from which call has come is 8010843766 after some time one call from same Dept with other mobile no 08468988287 She is very confident and asking me to go to nearest LIC branch to veryfy the same i am not able to understand this is fake call or not i searched on internet there is no such govt Dept

Please do the verification and stop such frauds. Some one can reveal confidential information and may loose money to such people

Thanks & regards
Prasad (09422655902)
bharat saraiya

Sep 25, 2014

Fake call

today i have received call from No-08512024445 from insurance-verification department. was ask me detail of insurance policy. but i was neglect to give detail.& disconnect my call but after that 2/3 time miscall was came. let us know who is this group if true or fake ?
Aroon Sen

Sep 25, 2014

Call from Central Govt Insurance Verification Deptt

I got a call from one Priya Gupta, Phone: 1203831545 today the 25th Sept 2014 stating that she was from Central Govt Insurance Verification Deptt, with H.O at Mumbai and would arrange to release bonus on my matured life insurance policies. On my query about how she got my details, she replied that she got all data from govt records and are working for the benefit of senior citizen and retired persons. I gave her the details of my matured policies, which she noted and gave me a verification login code................. She assured that their Senior Fund Manager Ms Jyothi Chowdhury would call me tomorrow the 26th Sept 2014 between 3 and 6 p.m and that I should verify the details only after ascertaining the code from Ms Chowdhury. She also promised that the bonus amount would be remitted by cheque and sent to my home address, which she already had, by courier after verification.

I don't know it was fake or genuine; I had received similar calls earlier also but I never shared any details. This time I have shared but waiting for next call from their Sr Fund Manager. In case you feel it was fake, pl take URGENT action to track such groups.
shakti1

Sep 16, 2014

bonus ammount

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS AnanyaSharma / Karan singh CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 01148981330. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG
Ananya Sharma
Karan singh
pandeyraj

Sep 15, 2014

Fake call of Insurance Verification Department

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS Sheneha Sharma / Raj SOM / Rahul Bajaj CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: Delhi number - 409804510, 401300979, 409804511. KINDLY CONFIRM WHETHER THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT AND THE NAME OF PERSONS/OFFICERS OF INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, TO WHOM THESE NUMBERS BELONG TO. Also confirm the ID code given below
Raj Som : 903346539

9899197673
ghapla

Sep 9, 2014

Fake Call from Central Government Insurance Authority

I received a call from 911204978630 claiming to be from Central Government Insurance Authority asking if I received "Company Performance Bonus". I told him that I was surprised that the call is not from IRDA and that government is trying to give me money. When I said that I did not get any sort of bonus, he said that if i gave copies of my policies/receipts, he will get agent code removed. I should then give bank information so that the bonus amount will be transfered directly to my account.
For that purpose I should first give policy details and then someone else will call me to to confirm and get bank details.
AFAIK, there is only IRDA and no CGIA.
Hemu123

Sep 8, 2014

Fake call to claim my LIC bonus

I received a fake call from a Delhi number on 6th September 2014 and was told that 6th Sept is the last day to claim my LIC bonus. That lady spoke only in Hindi and then she gave me a code number and asked me to call 9312471088. When I called this guy who claimed to be R C Bansal, he asked me to send copies of my claims, pp copies of my photo etc. and asked me to send a cheque of Rs. 14999 which will be refunded along with my LIC bonus. The way these people were talking to me, it definitely seemed fake. They again called me to check if I confirmed my transaction. I told them that I will check with LIC of India office in Bangalore and then they never called me back. Please be careful everyone!
sidcustomerforum

Sep 3, 2014

Fraud call from insurance verification department

I received a call from +918376923959 (raghav) saying insurnace verification department. They will arrange to give some bonus amount which is kept by my insurance agents.
While i called back; the fraud did not pick up the call
Mohania

Aug 30, 2014

VERIFICATION OF CELL NUMBERS/CALLERS CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT

DEAR SIR,
I HAVE RECEIVED CALLS FROM PERSONS CLAIMING TO BE FROM INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT, AND PROMISING ME OF PAYMENT OF LOYALTY BONUS ACCRUED TOWARDS MY INVESTMENT TOWARDS INSURANCE POLICIES. THE TELEPHONE NUMBERS ARE: 9871835812 AND 7503097200.

Aug 28, 2014

LIC additional bonus fake call

I got a call from Vinay Kumar ( mobile no. 08130926054 ) regarding LIC additional bonus. He said that LIC has declared additional bonus and to make demand draft he need my details. He gave me contact details of his accountant (Abhishek Malhotra : 08750952083 ) and asked to to give him a code ( BT00139847 ) and give all the detail so he can make demand draft of LIC additional premium.
This is fake call ..I called him ten times and finally he started speaking bad words about me and my family. They do not share any address. Even they will not tell their name and location details. They will ask your personal details and try to hack your bank accounts. Please do not share any personal details to them.

I guess this name and numbers are fake..do share any personal details..they will have your basic details like name and address which they have got by hacking any website.
rajesh_advancesystem

Aug 26, 2014

Fake Call for Additional bounis on lic policy

I received a call form +91 9312471088 said that he Mr. Sunil Saxena from Central Government Insurance Authority, Bangalore Branch. Actual call from Delhi location and connection by the same of Shiv Laxmi. Was asking me about my bank detail and other IT information for releasing addition bonus of insurance policy.

Please be care full. It's fake call and they wants to hack my bank account to get money.
jadhavjj

Aug 25, 2014

Call from insurance authority

I got a call from ms pooja sharma from phone no +91 -11-496008000 stating that my lic policy bonus is claimed by my agent and he is not informing me abou this. She stared asking me my address, telephone no etc. I given these details and then she asked me about my policy nos. I refused to share. Then she told me the file no URL94730 and BT007931 to note that and further told that somebody name mrs divya Pandey will call you for verification. Kindly tell me , is it fake or not?

j.j,.jadhav
Shakti Gandhi

Aug 18, 2014

Fake call from Insurance Verification Department ph.no.9212525344

I have received a fake call from no.9212525344 claiming they are from Insurance Verification Department and that my agent have applied to receive the bonus amount which i have got from my policy return.And if i want to receive the amount without going it to agent ,then i have to verify policy,for verification he has taken details of policy and then asked for 3 proofs to get the amount,proofs were
1. Pancard Copy
2.Identification Voter ID
3.FGI evidence
So i thought that its a fake call and hang it off...
Government or concerned autority should take a note of it and catch them.
Rajeshwar rao MVS

Aug 16, 2014

call from insurance service department

Today I received a call from a lady claiming that she is calling from Insurance Service Department.She told me that the agent from whom I had taken policy is claiming extra loyalty benefit which is due to me by affixing his agent code and she wanted to know whether the agent had my permission to take the money.When I replied in negative she asked me whether I want the bonus amount to be paid to me and in case I want it she explained the procedure and documents to be submitted etc and promised to deactivate agents code on the file pertaining to extra loyalty bonus.When I replied that obviously every one wants the amount to be paid to them selves, she told me that she will deactivate agents code and confirmed me after 2 minutes that it has been done.I do not remember the ladys full name but it was some thing like Neetu.New code given by her is BT-59323/F
She then transferred the call to one Mr.Vineet Pathak who claimed that he is Development Officer.He wanted me to send a cheque in favour of HDFC Insurance company Ltd for Rs30,000/ and told me that a dummy policy will be issued in my name and dead line for the policy will be 25-10-2014.After that date Rs.30,000/ along with extra loyalty bonus amount of Rs1,86,653 since I never had any policy with HDFC insurance co.Ltd. and had policies with LIC of India.only.He informed that I nshould send all the needed documents through courier to HDFC.
Mr.Vineet Pathak mobile number is 09136849328 Thye address for courier is Ajay Thakur,HDFC Insurance coLtd Dhanwant Shopping Complex,MANDI Himachal Pradesh -175001
I strongly feel that it was a fradulant call to lure me and that Rs.30000/ cheque may be encashed by them or it may be a single premium payment for which they will get their commission.The call lasted almost for 45-50 minutes.
I refused to send the documents along with cheque but asked them to send me cheque vfor 30%amount which as per their version I am entitled to get Rs.55995.90.
It is requested that this complaint may please be looked into.
pamma

Aug 14, 2014

Refund of Lic Policies

I received 10 calls today from Avnash Mishra 1204958350 and then Arcita Singh 099589-26236 INSURANCE VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT,MUBAI, BHARTI AXA LIFE INSURENCE COMPANY BY BHARTI AIRTEL to deposit Rs.22392/ for a new Policy for a new policy for cancelling the old policies.I am confused,plz. tell me the reality,what should I do.

Parmjit
14-08-2014
Pravam

Aug 9, 2014

Fake call from central government insurance authority

I got a call today about some bonus that the insurance agents have fraudulently arranged to be transferred to their account and I would give only 20% of the amount post maturity of the policies. Instead she was offering me to process the payment via demand draft should I opt for such. I declined to give her any of my personal information. She got angry on that. Never the less I am glad I walked out of it. Number is 7836813795. She promised that her manager Adithya Agarwal would call to complete the process.

Seetharam.

etickets@irctc.co.in - refund money
    sir, i am p k ram had cancelled my ticket on 19/oct/2014....
    Micromax mobile - DOA LETTER FOR RETURN THE MOBILE
    Mene Micromax company ka mobile AE90 set liya he ,...
    Rediff Shopping - PRODUCT DAMAGE
    Dear Team, I have order one insulated bag on 11 oct...
    Shopclues - Delivery Issue
    Its already been 15 days but no sign of delivery and the...
    Aircel - Amount detected no reason
    last week (16.10.2014) i was recharged rupees 749 in...
    Madurai Kamaraj University DDE - name correction in degree certificate
    Name - PRAVEEN DESHPANDE Course - DEGREE OF BACHELOR OF...
    Autorickshaw - bag of clothes and my hard disk in it
    I lost my bag in the rickshaw at kurla market city. In my...
    <remittance.office@incometaxindia.gov.in> - Fake mail of Return
    Hello Team, I got a fake mail from Income Tax...
    Bangalore municipal corporation - Garbage from the Sewer
    Hi, I am a resident of Pai Layout, K R Puram,...
    PRAN - pran no not issue
    mera naam naresh suman hai mene 27/8/14 ko pran no ke liye...