IRCTC Official Website (www.irctc.co.in)

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRCTC Official Website (www.irctc.co.in)

Deepak laddha

Feb 15, 2017

Theft of luggage during journey

I was travelling to pune from raichur but during my journey one of the baggage has been theft . The time of theft is between 11:30-2:30. My journey details
PNR: 4641507994
Train no: 11042
P K Kutty

Feb 13, 2017

Non getting registry to me

I have submitted my registry yesterday but not accepted till now Complaints arised before care@irctc.co.in ended in vain Pl do the needful
P K Kutty

Feb 13, 2017

Non getting registry to me

I have submitted my details for registry .But not accepted till date complaints registered in customer center ended in vain
Do the needful to register my name early
Bhuvana90

Feb 12, 2017

BUG in IRCTC website

My Profile page in IRCTC website doesnt allow me to update my email / mobile address. It displays same message in a loop and finally the page crashes. I am not able to update my details which is bad. Any fix in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kalpesh jia

Feb 4, 2017

Price and quality of food item

PNR-6261193378
Trn:13005
Dt:03-02-2017
Pantry car staff selling tea of Rs 10.
Quality of tea is worst.
Also selling veg thali at Rs 150 instead of actual price.
Pls take necessary action.
shwetaSONI

Jan 31, 2017

refund issue

i hv booked ticket on 14 jan 17 frm indb to bhs.booking status was NOTBOOKED bt my money get deducted fm my acct. nd still i dont get my money back.its been more thn 15 days.my transaction id is 100000712659536.plz refund my money as soon as possible or else i hv to take strict action
Vikram17

Jan 31, 2017

Lights not working

8155034150 pnr no.
Train 15066
S4 Coach
Lights not working.Taps not present in wash basin. Cockroaches in plenty.
NaimishG

Jan 29, 2017

Wrong Amount Credited

I'am regularly using IRCTC to book the tickets.

On 10-Jan-2017, I have booked one ticket for journey date 11-Jan-2017.
Please see the train details at below:

PNR: 8410906349
Train No/Name:- 12945/Mahuva Express.
From:- SURAT To: AHMEDABAD
Total Amount for Ticket: - Rs.800

On 10-Jan-2017 night, I've received the SMS from IRCTC that Boarding
time for this train has been changed from morning 5.30 AM to 1:30 PM.
So train was running almost 5 hours late from boarding point.

In this case, this journey was not usefull for me because i wanted to
go in the morning only.

On 10-Jan-2017 night, I've initiated TDR and selected the reason
"Train Late More than Three hours and Passenger not Travelled". I
didnt cancelled any ticket.

The passengers didnt traveled into the train because it was so late.

I've paid Rs.800 for ticket booking.

Now when i am looking the TDR History, it is saying that cancellation
initiated and i will get only Rs.320 refund.

Passengers didnt travelled because train was late. It was not my fault.

Why IRCTC deducting Rs.480 as cancellation charges.

I should get refund whole amount Rs.800 because it was not my fault
and train was late by Railway itself.

Now IRCTC is not replying with proper reason and refunded only Rs.320.

It was not my fault. Why should i bare Rs.480 because of Railway & IRCTC fault.
Jamila Merchant

Jan 26, 2017

Seats fully covered with dirt

I travelled by Train No.16 which departs from Andheri at 7.29 am and found that the seats were fully covered with dirt and dust. Looked like the train had come from the yard and must have been lying there for atleast 6 months. Many commuters travelled standing, while some who had wet tissues, wiped and sat.

We do not deserve this treatment, when we pay the fares requested by the railways. Where is the Swwach Abhyan for the Railways. We had a foreigner also travelling with us and she was appalled looking at the seats.

I hope we do not have to face such a situation again.
amit@pallu

Jan 23, 2017

refund my money

I booked one - tickets from bareilly to new delhi on 27/2/2016 for journey on 16/01/2016 on IRCTC site.
my pnr no. 6559930535. transaction id 100000694079887
train no. 12391 (sleeper clsss)
but not refund in my account.
senthiludhayam

Jan 21, 2017

LOWER BERTH NOT ALLOTED

today (22-01-17) i booked 6 ticket from valliyur to coimbatore through e ticket by requesting 3 lower berth. In that i have availed option that BOOK ONLY IF CONFIRM BERTHS ARE ALLOTTED But end of booking i was allotted all upper berths ,It was really frustrating because i am traveling people who are not fit to climb up.

PNR 4228039680
DATE OF JOURNEY 09 feb 2017

Please give some solution do the needful..
gargtanvi04

Jan 13, 2017

Refund

I tried booking tickets on 11-01-2017 for travel from bikaner to chandigarh for 2 persons on 10 FEB 2017 , TRAIN NUMBER 14888 and made the payment through net banking. The amount of Rs. 1800 has been debited to my account towards the said payment. However the ticket was not booked and FIND PAYMENT TRANSACTION ID
[ Transaction Id: NET/117551592903607/IRCTC/10000070806290 ]. Hence request you to kindly do the needful and refund Rs. 1800 to me at the earliest.
OPREEM

Jan 4, 2017

Refund

I tried booking tickets on 30/12/2016 for travel from Mumbai to Vadodara for 2 persons on 5Jan'17 by 12471/Swaraj Express and made the payment through credit card. The amount of Rs. 540.97 has been debited to my card towards the said payment. However the ticket was not booked and IRCTC portal displayed the message: 'Rejected from bank [ Transaction Id: 100000696562860]. You can choose another payment option and try again.' On enquiring with the credit card company, I am informed that the payment has already been released and now I need to seek refund of Rs. 540.97 from the merchant i.e. IRCTC. Hence request you to kindly do the needful and refund Rs. 540.97 to me at the earliest.
Sujish k

Dec 30, 2016

Complaint against tte

Respected sir.
This regarding complaint against ttr in trivandrum to chennai mail(30/12/2016) departing from Palakkad 22:20 Coach number 9,10, 11. I don't know him name. Actually I am a open ticket passenger. Before I am getting to the train itself I asked for permission. He told to me give 500 rs I will give you seat then I get in to the train. I thought it is new rule started like this. In front of me only he given seat to some other open tickets and get money also more than 500 rs. Then he demanded 1000 rs to me. In that time I don't have money that much so I refused the offer. He told me leave out of the train in next station which means erode. Actually I don't know where I have to go I am really scared in midnight of the journey. he is behaving like a dog. And he is telling to me. Only for you don't have seat in this train. I really want to say sir Indian railway is very poor because of him. Please kindly take action against him. I am Airindia employee we are also related traveling industry but not like this. It is really shame of Indian railway.

Please don't ignore this complaint.
Mudumalasb

Dec 24, 2016

Super fast train turned into passenger train

We have travelled from. Secunderabad to New Delhi.. train was in very good speed and with limited stops till Agra. Surprisingly after agra. That train has been turned into passenger train and had stopped in every stop and passensgers were boarding in every coach with out reservation. Causing a big delay in arrival in New delhi railwy station.
This is very bad on railways to put burden on customers and to eat up the time.

Steven mudumala

Phone: 8861148296

Date of travel in agra : 25 dec 2016

Pnr 484 4759935
Mudumalasb

Dec 24, 2016

Super fast train turned into passenger train

This is very bad on railways to put burden on customers and to eat up the time.
Subhash Chandra Veena Verma

Dec 15, 2016

theft a black color hanging bag containing a laptop, a 1 tb hard disk , a beard trimmer etc.

theft a hanging bag of black color containing a laptop of samsung, sony hard disk , trimmer of philips company etc.
A bag of black color containing a laptop of samsung , a 1 tb hard disk of sony company , a trimmer of philips company , a check book of bank of baroda , two pairs of sweater and dresses and many other essential things in Train No. 19708 coach no S-4 seat no. 1 , PNR -2806636929 , in ajmer junction between madar junction and ajmer from 10.55 am to 11.10 am
Contact no. 9829523133

Email Id - surelapub77@gmail.com
fbadaik

Dec 13, 2016

Poor service in 12453 Rajdhani Express

It was unfortunate day on my part to book two ticket on 30th Nov,2016 by 12453 Ranchi- New Delhi Rajdhani Express for boarding train on 11th Dec,2016. The scheduled time 16.30 Hrs. which started at 24.15 Hrs. . Except few non of the passengers served food. On the next morning breakfast served was poor as per menu. Lunch was provided with watery dal named as veg. biriani which was nothing but colored rice. In the night when people stared souting the over cooked unhygienic rice was fried with termeric Powder (haldi) was served termed as veg biriani. We had to survive with single bottle of water provided at the star of the journey and nothing was supplied. As nothing was supplied and no food was available you can think the life of the passengers inside who neither can leave the coach nor the train as it was 12 hrs. late then normal hours when railway authority were aware of late running of the train. It is not appreciated specially when the higher charges are charged from the passengers as premium amount. Deeply regretted to Indian railways.

Matter requires investigation so that this short of things does not repeated again in future.

F. Badaik,
PNR- no.6459037183, Bearth no 19 & 21
niraj0501

Dec 12, 2016

2AC coach in Pathetic condition

The 2nd AC coach attached to the train 11087 (ahimsa express/Veraval Pune express) is very old and in pathetic condition. We are paying hefty amount as 2nd AC tariff but in return we get old outdated coaches.
niraj0501

Dec 12, 2016

Allotment of berths

For journey date 10/12/2016 I booked ticket for 4 passengers on 25/08/2016.

Train: 11087
PNR: 8250643334

Berths allocated are 9,10,23 and 24 (2 berths in 2nd comparment and other 2 in 4th compartment) Journey was not at all confortable because of this allotment as other passengers having berths 11 and 12 were not ready to adjust. If we book tickets in advance we should get all the tickets atleast in same compartment if not as per our preference.
leena.sardana@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2016

State of Ajmer shatbdi train

The state of the Ajmer shatbdi train from new Delhi to Ajmer is pathetic. The train IS dirty with cockroaches on seats and the the toilets were dirty. The coach is dirt stained. Considering that this is one of the better trains that Indian Railways boasts off, it is a sad and shameful state to be in. We are talking of attracting foreign investors to our country and our infrastructure is still c grade. WAKE UP INDIAN RAILWAYS AND GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER.
svraman500

Dec 5, 2016

Account Suspended

I have been using my irctc account where around 10 days before it was suspended..

When I asked the reason they told that Im using some Autofill option or so.. But I've never tried it since I am good in typing and I can type without the use of these things..

Now I am finding very difficult to book the ticket...

Kindly re-activate my account and allow me to book the ticket in future..

A/c Name: svraman500
Mail ID : svraman500@gmail.com
gawravj

Nov 27, 2016

Debited money from sbi accout

Respected,
sir/madam,

I trying to book Ticket online as dated 27 November 2016 for Solapur Railway station to Chatrapati Shahumaharaj Terminals (Kolhapur), train number is 11051, through sbi atm cum debit card. The 932 rupees amount debited from my account but there is no confirmation of ticket bookings.I called irctc all call centre numbers but there is no response to me. please as soon as possible refund my money.
Irctc id:- gawravj

Gaurav Jadhav
prateekarya

Nov 23, 2016

People selling beer nd liquior in train,nd some young people taking it nd drinking in train

Hi,i am basically from dehradun,traving from kerela to delhi,in nizamuddin express,people selling liquior in train after mudgoan,they come like a normal person,carring a bag in which they have liquior,nd in this train some young people had taken where my seat is so they were making noise,at night shouting,didnt caring for people sleeping,turning lights on lights again nd again,they dont even care about ladies in thi compartment,nd when they werr drinking,TT came but when i saw him he just said nothing to them,he just smiled nd moved on,he should had taken some fine from them but he havnt,that is so shamefull,atleast u should have some police mens in train atleast these things should not happen ,i. M right now also in train my seat num is 39 in S1.my name is Prateek Arya from Dehradun