IRCTC Official Website (www.irctc.co.in)

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRCTC Official Website (www.irctc.co.in)

Gururaj Vaidya

Apr 25, 2017

Gururaj Vaidya

While booking a ticket online, I preferred the option that ticket should be issued only if lower berth is available. But the system issued the ticket with UB allotment (PNR 8158605230) In the past also, I had observed the similar discrepancy but I had kept silent presuming that it might be my feeding error. Kindly ensure that such error will not occur in future.
Rinky24

Apr 24, 2017

Late timings and unnecessary delay

Am travelling since morning but have suffered multiple unnecessary halts in this train.
When contacted at 139 they mentioned to call at 138 and toll line number but there is nobody bothered to pick up any call.

This is Irctc railway helpline with no help.

Shame.
Tanyanarang

Apr 23, 2017

REFUND OF CANCELLED TICKETS

Its been more than 5 working days that i have cancelled my two tickets and didn't got my refund.
Date of journey
Date of journey
22-04-2017
PNR 2558471081
train no. 12206
Please look into this matter seriously.
raju41670

Apr 21, 2017

Refund of money

Transaction ID:100000807503478
PNR No 8758068142
Cancellation ID:100000154754779
Date of Cancellation:18-Apr-2017 18:55:47 HRS
Refund amount - Rs. 3895.0

This refundable amount not credit in my account.But in irctc login shows your amount refunded on dated 19-Apr-2017.
pankajald1

Apr 18, 2017

Over charges

Maine kal sham ko jbp se sc ka online tickets book karaya jiska fare 525 and bank charges 10 total 535 hona chahiye . Lekin mere account se 551.30 ₹ debit kyu hua mujhe 27₹ refund chahiye and query bhi . Pankaj kumar soni 9889454850 pnr no. 6700522554
Rajabhai222

Apr 17, 2017

Pantry car staff

I am travelling in 13005 .For 4pc paratas and dal rate taken Rs 70 from me by pantry car staff.Is it correct rate for that meal
anilvusa

Apr 12, 2017

Today i have tried book tatkal ticket from Pune to Guntur and but ticket not booked (got a message like settled in transaction history) , money is debited from my account. Again i tried book ticket always getting message popup
"You are permitted only 2 Tatkal Tickets between 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM per IP Address". Even one ticket is also booked with my IPAddress how come i get a message like "You are permitted only 2 Tatkal Tickets between 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM per IP Address".
ravunnyc

Apr 11, 2017

deducted money from the account unnecessarily without booking the ticket.

hi there .
Iam a regular user of IRCTC website for booking the ticket.. but I have not booked the ticket from December 2016 till March 2017. everymonth 11.50 or 27 rupees will be debited from my account as IRCTC charges. But on March 31 st a total of Rs 288 debited from account ( Rs 11.50 -IRCTC charge 09-03-17,Rs 103.50- IRCTC charge 31-dec-16,Rs 80.50 -IRCTC charge 30- NOV-16, rs 34.50-IRCTC charge 31-OCT-16, Rs 46 IRCTC carge 31-Jan -17)and again on April 4th Rs 11.50 .
Why do you charge this much if we do not use the website? Please refund the money .And do not deduct the money from my account unnecessarily.

sarika
contact email: sarikac2009@gmail.com
baradur_80

Apr 9, 2017

Miised Train due to non-announcement of train arrival & departure

I am Somashekhar B, I have booked ticket to travel from Ballari Junction to Birur Junction (Karnataka circle) on 8th Apr 2017, on Tata nagar - Yeshvantpur train no 18111. i arrived at railway station @9:30am & at Ballari railway stn on display board showed train will arrive @ PF no.1 & i was waiting @ PF no.1 only. But train was already arrived @ PF no.3 @ 9:00am as per railway officials after enquiry. But from 9:30am to 10:00am their was no single announcement from railway dept that train is ready for departure / @ available @ PF no.3.
So i have asked railway inquiry @ 10:00am, train was already left from station from PF no.3 on scheduled departure time , but when i asked officials about on display board it showed Train will arrive @ PF no.??? , They said its a mistake.. how come simply say its mistake where all passengers awaiting for train @ PF no.1. & their was no information such a long time 9:30 - 10:00am for such a long journey train not an ordinary train.???

Please correct it.. displaying a details about arrival of train on PF & actual arrival train on PF is not matching

Really upset...

PNR NO. 6563206721, Coach no. S6- 46,48
supradipm77

Mar 19, 2017

Refund for Cancellation

I have cancelled my ticket (PNR No : 2707893892 ) almost two weeks ago.
I have still not got the refund even after repeated reminders through email (care@irctc.co.in). The complain ticket number is : IRCTC #5359772.

Please let me know why you are delaying the refund of the amount.
May I know when will I get the refund?

Waiting for the refund ASAP.

Supradip.
Contact : +91-9970978871
krishnasihag

Mar 16, 2017

refund of auto cancellation of ticket

i have been refunded only half of my my ticket cost although it was auto cancelled because it remained in waiting list at the time of preparation of final chart
PNR-2228956864
vinaybritannai

Mar 10, 2017

Cancellation Refund

For your kind information that we had cancelled the ticket by IRCTC ID but refundable
amount not received till now . PNR Number: 2554838510 has been cancelled,
Transaction ID: 100000702217875 Refundable amount 850 ony

Imail vinaybritannia@gmail.com
Transaction ID: 100000702217875
Rail Sharma

Mar 9, 2017

Yet to receive alert confirmation on booked ticket

We have booked a ticket from TDL to Lko vide train no.12004 0n 8March 2017. 865/_ deducted vide transaction I'd 1200375635 Irctc 11779. Yet to receive confirmation from Irctc through SMS
srivastava.nitin09@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017

Worst Quality Food Provided in Duronto Express Train # 12214

I along with my wife travelling from Bhopal to Bangalore by Train # 12214 (Duronto Express) in B2 Coach against PNR # 2328710357 in berth # 57 & 60 on 7th March 2017. The vendor had supplied worst quality of stalemate food and in place of soup he had provided rasam. The quality of rice and dal was very poor was not at all eatable. Most of the co passengers objected and had to throw the food.

During both Lunch and Dinner, same desert (local Soan Papdi) was provided which was not consumable. The vendor did not provide curd in the dinner.At 4.00 PM small samosa from local vendor was supplied as snacks which was spoilt.

The veg curry in the dinner was giving foul smell. Matter is being brought to your kind notice for taking preventive and punitive action against the vendor.

This sort of mal practice clearly indicates the ulterior motive of the vendor to grab the money from customers which is tarnishing the image of the Indian Railways

S.K Srivastava
C-3, NH-3, NTPC Colony
PO(Vindhynagar) Dist (Singrauli)
M.P 486885
Mobile # 9425177795
M C MATHEW

Mar 5, 2017

Indecent behaviour of pantry staff

I am M C Mathew travelling from Alleppey to H Nizamuddin (PNR No.4328903680).
The catering service and food and beverages provided is not worth for the amount Rs.565.00 charged by the IRCTC.
More over to that , I don't understand why the pantry staff asking for tip ?.
I would like to see if you train them for decent behaviour to keep the standard.

M C MATHEW
E-mail : mathewsan541@gmail.com
railwaycomplaint

Feb 28, 2017

MONEY DEBITED FROM BANK BUT TICKET NO BOOKED

SIR,

I TRIED TO RESERVE A TICKET FROM OTTAPALAM (kERALA) TO TRIVANDRUM CENTRAL (kerala) TODAY ON 28-02-1977 AT 18.10 FOR 01/03/2017 . FOR THIS PURPOSE RS.335/- DEBITED FROM MY BANK ( SBI) ACCCOUNT VIDE TRANSACTION REF. NO. -IGAAWMKTT6 - OF THE BANK . BUT TICKET NOT BOOKED. HENCE I REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE REFUND THE MOUNT AT THE EARLIEST.

YOURS FAITHFULLY

MOHANAN A
28.02.2017
Deepak laddha

Feb 15, 2017

Theft of luggage during journey

I was travelling to pune from raichur but during my journey one of the baggage has been theft . The time of theft is between 11:30-2:30. My journey details
PNR: 4641507994
Train no: 11042
P K Kutty

Feb 13, 2017

Non getting registry to me

I have submitted my registry yesterday but not accepted till now Complaints arised before care@irctc.co.in ended in vain Pl do the needful
P K Kutty

Feb 13, 2017

Non getting registry to me

I have submitted my details for registry .But not accepted till date complaints registered in customer center ended in vain
Do the needful to register my name early
Bhuvana90

Feb 12, 2017

BUG in IRCTC website

My Profile page in IRCTC website doesnt allow me to update my email / mobile address. It displays same message in a loop and finally the page crashes. I am not able to update my details which is bad. Any fix in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks.
Kalpesh jia

Feb 4, 2017

Price and quality of food item

PNR-6261193378
Trn:13005
Dt:03-02-2017
Pantry car staff selling tea of Rs 10.
Quality of tea is worst.
Also selling veg thali at Rs 150 instead of actual price.
Pls take necessary action.
shwetaSONI

Jan 31, 2017

refund issue

i hv booked ticket on 14 jan 17 frm indb to bhs.booking status was NOTBOOKED bt my money get deducted fm my acct. nd still i dont get my money back.its been more thn 15 days.my transaction id is 100000712659536.plz refund my money as soon as possible or else i hv to take strict action
Vikram17

Jan 31, 2017

Lights not working

8155034150 pnr no.
Train 15066
S4 Coach
Lights not working.Taps not present in wash basin. Cockroaches in plenty.
NaimishG

Jan 29, 2017

Wrong Amount Credited

I'am regularly using IRCTC to book the tickets.

On 10-Jan-2017, I have booked one ticket for journey date 11-Jan-2017.
Please see the train details at below:

PNR: 8410906349
Train No/Name:- 12945/Mahuva Express.
From:- SURAT To: AHMEDABAD
Total Amount for Ticket: - Rs.800

On 10-Jan-2017 night, I've received the SMS from IRCTC that Boarding
time for this train has been changed from morning 5.30 AM to 1:30 PM.
So train was running almost 5 hours late from boarding point.

In this case, this journey was not usefull for me because i wanted to
go in the morning only.

On 10-Jan-2017 night, I've initiated TDR and selected the reason
"Train Late More than Three hours and Passenger not Travelled". I
didnt cancelled any ticket.

The passengers didnt traveled into the train because it was so late.

I've paid Rs.800 for ticket booking.

Now when i am looking the TDR History, it is saying that cancellation
initiated and i will get only Rs.320 refund.

Passengers didnt travelled because train was late. It was not my fault.

Why IRCTC deducting Rs.480 as cancellation charges.

I should get refund whole amount Rs.800 because it was not my fault
and train was late by Railway itself.

Now IRCTC is not replying with proper reason and refunded only Rs.320.

It was not my fault. Why should i bare Rs.480 because of Railway & IRCTC fault.
Jamila Merchant

Jan 26, 2017

Seats fully covered with dirt

I travelled by Train No.16 which departs from Andheri at 7.29 am and found that the seats were fully covered with dirt and dust. Looked like the train had come from the yard and must have been lying there for atleast 6 months. Many commuters travelled standing, while some who had wet tissues, wiped and sat.

We do not deserve this treatment, when we pay the fares requested by the railways. Where is the Swwach Abhyan for the Railways. We had a foreigner also travelling with us and she was appalled looking at the seats.

I hope we do not have to face such a situation again.