IRDA

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRDA

Jitendra1985

May 26, 2014

Fake Bonus Call from IRDA

Today I received a call from +91 1409801051 which says that IRDA has declared a bonus of Rs 1,80,000 for my policy and they have called me from IGMS department for verification because I have nominated any Neeraj sharma to claim that bonus. They wanted me to deposit Rs. 35,000 to generate an INC code to claim this bonus and to stop transfer of money into Neeraj's account. I was surprised that how this can be...I did not authorise someone to claim my bonus. They gave me some registration no. and the number of Joint Deputy director of IRDA "Rakesh Bajaj - Hyderabad". 09716577168. When i traced this number it was issued in delhi. When i serched directory of IRDA - The name is not fake. I believe some other person was talking by changing name.
Finally I spoke on IRDA Grievance Call Centre (IGCC) toll free 155255 and they told it is fake call and do not provide any personal information.
IRDA should take a strong action for these type of calls. Their should a body who monitors these calls.
Ajay257

May 22, 2014

Fake call from IRDA

Received a call today from someone called PRIYANKA JAIN (+91-9136611494) that there was a SCHOLARSHIP FUND ISSUE (more than 2 lacs) in my name in the year 2011-12. As I have not claimed it, someone called Mr. Neeraj Sharma has issues a application to withdraw that fund on my behalf. Cleverly, Priyanka mentioned that Rs. 38,000/- has to be deposited (as refundable) to claim the benefit. I almost panicked and kept dialing some other numbers to register a complaint, the number was mobile number from Delhi (08459469627 - suspecion, why a govt office will have mobile as a complaint number). Anyway, I am happy that I have read through this section and am aware about this "FRAUD about FRAUD". Someone has to take action against all these people, it cannot be let loose. IRDA - What are you doing.... someone is spoiling your name and looting so many people, why can't you act.
shrikantlandge

May 20, 2014

Fraud call from IRDA

Today I got call from Kunal Patil (09313911428) saying he is calling from IRDA(Delhi) and he is government officer and told me he will give me additional benefit on my Birla Sun life Policy which is already cancelled.
It seems they have well equipped force. He told me he will raise cancellation f my policy again o get 54000 addotional. Aftr 30 Minutes I got call from Riya Sharma(8595063341) saying that she is from Birla Sun Life Insurance company. & after some fake negotiations she agreed to pay me 54000. Then they asked me for few documents including Pan card & cheque of 16000.
I gt cal from person to collect documents & cheque from 8802276162. I am aware they all are fake. Is there anyone who can take action against them. These phonenoare active as od today May 20 2014.
deepa makhija

May 19, 2014

fraud call about bonus claim
I got a call from the number 8454845707(Prachi), saying that the lady is from insurance regulatory authority and she was verifying whether MetLife customers are being serviced properly, She asked whether I have been often briefed by my agents regarding bonus due for me. She also said there is bonus of more than Rs. 1,00,000 is due for 2 of my Met Life Policies which i had surrendered and the agent havent informed me. For me to get the bonus, I need to get the agents code replaced by my code so that the bonus is directly sent by MetLife to me & she asked me to open 2 new policies to generate new codes for ING Life Insurance and Kotak Mahindra. The lady said her name is Prachi and she called up again after ten minutes to confirm my address to send the agent for new policy opening and said the amount will be debited to my account along with the new policy amount.Its been 5months in havent received any money then i received calls from 9004111433 (Rishi), 8108606316(Swapnali) mentioning they are Prachi's senior and they will process the amount in 10 days but now non of the people are answering my calls. Meanwhile when I searched internet I came to know about others receiving similar fraudulent calls!

Is there any authority keeping watch on these fraudsters???? We need to take strict action against this so many people are being cheated with this its a huge fraud racket that need to be adhered to....
deepa makhija

May 19, 2014

dks123

May 17, 2014

Fraud call regarding LIC Bonus

I got a call from the number +918750952083 saying that the lady is from Central insurance regulatory authority and she was verifying whether LIC customers are being serviced properly, She asked whether I have been often briefed by my LIC agents regarding bonus due for me. She also said there is bonus of Rs. 1,92,383 due for me which the LIC agents aren't informing me. For me to get the bonus, I need to get the agents code replaced by my code so that the bonus is directly sent by LIC to me & she gave me code & a file number which I need to confirm by calling LIC helpline number 08130817348 and talk to DD manager Abhishek Malhotra immediately. The lady said her name is Payal Gupta and she called up again after ten minutes to confirm my pin code (she had my address & phone number with her) and asked whether I had called Abhishek. Later when I called the number given by her someone said Abhishek is in meeting I need to call later. Meanwhile when I searched internet I came to know about others receiving similar fraudulent calls!

Is there any authority keeping watch on these fraudsters?
Ashish_j

May 17, 2014

CALL FROM IRDA

Today I received a call from 07428701514 informing me about a bonus announced by LIC on my behalf. However, to claim this amount i have to provide policy details, my address and PAN Card/Aadhar card details. I gave away ALL my details.

And then he asked me to send a HDFC Bank Draft for urgent processing of claim.

Please guide me on whom should i contact.

Ashish
SONAWANE06

May 3, 2014

CALL FROM ICICIPRULIFE BONUS DEPT

Today (3 May 14), I also got a fake call from 401912012 - Janvi Patil (Mobile no - 9987747501) , the person said that she was calling from Bonus department of ICICI prulife . she had all the information of my policy. She said that on my investment some bonus is earned by me Rs. 68,530/- however 100% of it will go to agent's account because agent has put his agent code in my policy documents and shown me his brother while registering the policy. He told me to have full amount of bonus agent code will have to be removed from my documents and for this i will have to buy another policy for Rs.25,000 which they will refund along with my fund value with in in 60days.. She also asked for my agent name and which I gave him. I told him we will make enquriy regarding this in our local ICICI prulife local branch. After that I search on site regarding such bonus is really disbursed or not, and I got this page.But they have my agent name. which can be misused. Should I do a police complaint or writing on this page is enough.

Deepali Suryawanshi
swami_11005

Apr 30, 2014

fake call

Today, I have received calls from following numbers: 1204667250 and 1204056600 and he is saying that calling from mumbai and he is enquiry about my expiry lic policy. Which I have surrendered 3 years before. Now, he is claiming you got nearly 1,00,000 lakh as bonus amount. Unfortunately, i have given my date of birth. Is it any problem? I am totally confused. Can we catch these guys.
devang_99

Apr 28, 2014

Fake Call from IRDA

Fake Call from IRDA, Today I got a call from One Satyaprakash Rana claiming to be calling from IRDA and saying there are certain benefits due to me worth Rs 2,25,000 which is being transferred to some Rahul Aggarwal on my authorisation, the person was a smooth talker and experessed surprised that I did not know any Rahul Aggarwal so he then on pretext of asking some details asked for by Date of Birth to confirm and to reveal further details on policy etc, ofcouse I did not provide and instead asked him his landline number and email address after whcih he said he will get back to me, surprisingly his phone no was reachable after 5 mins and he said if I want further details I should come to Hyderabad office.... The number he called me from was 08459119188. Going by the comments on this site this clearly was a call aimed towards getting my personal details with an intent to misuse it for some fraud, suck tricksters can fool even the educated lot with their techniques,would request strong action against such people, there is a still a small chance that I am overreacting as the number is still reachable and the some person is answering the calls which is unusual. He had my phone no and name which made him call me confidently by my name.
maani2sharma

Apr 19, 2014

LIC Related call from GOVT of india

I have recieved a call from Delhi Metro MTS network. They said they are calling from LIC Govt of India .
And telling me extra benifits of my policy.
They also told me that a bonus amount of my LIC policy is due 1 lakh somthing.
they told me a file number,when i asked them somthing about my policy they droped my call.

Br/
Manish sharma
vara123

Apr 14, 2014

FUND PERFORMANCE BONUS AFTER SURRENDER THE ICICI PRU LIFE POLICY

Dear Sir - This is Praveen , I was holding a ICICI pru life stage assure policy and it was surrender after five years and recieved amount . Now I got a call mentioned they are from REL and they are saying , you suppose to get Fund performance bonus from ICICI PRU and they did not paid and it went to their account . as per IRDA this should be deposited to the policy holder . To get it done they want me to take a REL LIFE insurance policy and a they will process the request through IRDA. it sounds like big fraud. what is this mean can some one explain this , is their anything that i will get like FUND PERFORMANCE BONUS .
ds_matta

Apr 10, 2014

Fake call from IRDA

Yesterday (9 April 14), I also got a fake from 01204667250, the person said that he was calling from IRDA department. He had all the information my policy with LIC. He said that LIC has declared a bonus to me of rs. 143,000 however 63% of it will go to agent's account because agent has put his agent code in my policy documents and shown me his brother while registering the policy. He told me to have full amount of bonus agent code will have to be removed from my documents and for this i will have to give a cheque of Rs 25,000. He also asked for my PAN no. which I gave him. I told him to call me after 1 hour. Then I realized that it was a fake call and the was trying to do my brain wash. Exactly after one our he called me again and i refused his offer.
But they have got my PAN no. which can be misused. Should I do a police complaint or writing on this page is enough.
Devinder Singh
9899771943
shreyad

Apr 8, 2014

Fake call from IRDA

Today I got a call from +911409804233 calming to be calling from IRDA, and the lady calling told me that my current policy in loss and if I want to recover the money I need to surrender my current policy and buy a new one from Reliance Insurance after paying an anount of 30,000/-.
Also she told me that a person from Reliance will call me and they will come and collect my document.

I was surprised to know that the person on the phone knew all my details like my address, my Date of birth also the orgnisation I am working in.
How come all these informations are available to these persons?
This is really a serious issue and these personal and sensitve information should not be accessible to these people.
Pradeep71

Apr 7, 2014

Are they working for IRDA

Yesterday I have received 2 calls from the number -01143575739. They are claiming that they are the 3rd party of IRDA. Working/running complaint center insurance customers. I want to know is it true or false, because they told that they are calling from Noida, Sector - 62, UP but the calling number was from New Delhi of Bharti Airtel Network Operator. I want their complete address also.
pchoubey

Mar 27, 2014

Policy log in fo a convicted person

I was ashtonished to hear that a big brand like Kotak Life Insurance have logged in a life insurance policy of Mr.Prabhu Dev Agarwal proprietor of Haldiram Bhujiawala,who according to google also is a convicted person as of now and is under bail.My question is how can a company can log in this sort of policy in thier company violating the rules of IRDA. The annual premium is Rs.1Crore 15 Lacs with service tax and its a pure moral hazard case as per IRDA Regulations.

The form is already processed and awaiting for issuance.Please do the needful to take nessecary step to stop the same at the earliest.

Look forward for your kind action to be taken.

Prakash Choubey
awani1

Mar 27, 2014

Call for inforamtion on HDFC life insurance claiming bonus

Today I received a call claiming that I have a bonus on my policy. The phone # is 01165708884. Is this genuine call ? It appears that they did not have enough information about my policy and still call me for asking for more inforamtion to provide bonus.
jsshekhawat

Mar 20, 2014

Fake calls from IRDA

Today I got a fake call from IRDA, +918459079158 mr. VK ARORA, I have been told that I have accumulated some bonus of 152000, I don't no from where I have accumulated. neither my investment in insurance is 152,000. if I will not claim that, then it will go to Mr. Neeraj Varma, , who claim to have my NOC for colleting those money
As I refused to claim that money, I have been informed some registration number and told me to keep with you.
I have big question, why somebody will pay me 152000 agt a cheque Rs. 37998/- issued in favour of Royan Club .
I appreciate if this complaint can be taken seriously.
hemantrode

Feb 12, 2014

Fake Insurance Bonus call

Today I also received such a fake call from number 1409807679 . The person was claiming that he is speaking from Delhi and he is going to drop a mail for me to LIC for bonus which is pending for me. Though I said I didn't wanted to claim any bonus as I already received all my bonus, he was asking which timing he should put in mail so that I'll get a call from LIC during that that time. Also when I asked how you get this number, he was telling like we call the people who are government persons , retired people or who has good market reputation.I cut the call saying that I don't require any bonus.
NPK

Feb 3, 2014

IRDA - Fake Bonus Call

Today I received a call from 140930360 informing me about a bonus announced by LIC on my behalf of Rs 1.24 lac. However, to claim this amount i have to provide policy details, my address and PAN Card/Aadhar card details. I gave away my address and policy details but as soon he started asking my birth and PAN details I realized that this was a fake call and disconnected the line immediately.
jasvir bakhtu

Jan 23, 2014

froud call about insurance department

i have recived a call on my land line number , when i feel some doubt i tell him that plz call on my mobile , froud man talking in hindi his number is +911204861850 , he said that i was talking from insurance department new dehli jiwan bharti buiding connaught place, main i verify more he disconnect the call, after that i trace his number from website http://www.tracephonenumber.in/ his number detail is that,"+911204861850
Landline Number
Network Operator: Bharti Airtel
Location: GHAZIABAD+DADRI, GHAZIABAD, Uttar Pradesh West
. when government better know about these bad person why he not take strong action against him.
i am jasvir singh from punjab
mobile number 9876690208
narendrakirpekar

Jan 20, 2014

fake calls from IRDA

Today I got a fake call from IRDA, +918459659810, I have been told that I have accumulated some bonus of 325000, I don't no from where I have accumulated. neither my investment in insurance is 3,25,000. if I will not claim that, then it will go to Mr. Ankit Gupta, And Rajeev Shukla, who claim to have my NOC for colleting those money
I have big question, why somebody will pay me 325000
I appreciate if this complaint can be taken seriously.

Naarendra
prince1111

Jan 18, 2014

Fake call from IRDA

Today I got call from Manoj Desai (09136763401) saying he is calling from IRDA(Hyderabad) and he is government officer and told me that "Your data of policy is with us, if you are not happy with your current policy and its not giving you good return then they have some policy which will give good returns". And then he started to taking my other information. I clearly say that I am not going to give you any single information about me. Please call me after 10 minutes. And mean while I search number in True Caller and I got result as "Reliance Munnu". So after 10 minutes he called me from some other number 09136423884. This time I told him that I going to file police complain against you as I am sure this is the fake call then he accepts that he is calling from Reliance Life Insurance and after that he disconnect the line.
rashmik

Dec 25, 2013

Fake bonus call

Today i received a call from insurance verification department saying that i have got 154000 as bonus from insurance co. I have been rewarded because there is no withdrawl of insurance money in last so many years. He further said that i have to pay 28000 in name of reliance insurance ,out of which they will keep 500 as tax & return to me 27500. Also, a person will come from reliance insurance for verification and take the cheque. I then asked him for which policy i am getting this money? He said for all the policies. I got little suspicious as i have only got insurance policies from LIC and the guy was telling me that money will come from Reliance insurance. I searched the site and got this page. Thanks all the alert viewers for writing. Callers name was atul pande and his no. was 1409807547
ashok chawla

Nov 24, 2013

RELIANCE INSURANCE BOGUS CALL

I ASHOK CHAWLA RECIVED CALL FROM DELHI TELE CALLER SAID THAT MY LIC POLICY FILE HAD REACHED THEIR OFFICE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT. FOR WITHDRAW AMOUNT OF 1,49,000 .FOR THAT I HAD TO TAKE RELIANCE POLICY OF MINIMUM PREMIUM OF RS 20000 .AFTER THAT AMOUNT WILL BE DEPOSITED IN MY BANK A/C IF I DO NOT BUY RELIANCE POLICY MY LIC POLICY BONUS 46% WILL BE INVESTED IN SHARE MARKET AND REMANING WILL BE PAID TO AGENT AS COMISSION .I WAS AWARE THIS IS BOGUS CALL.
TO TRACE THEM I AGEREED TO BUY RELIANCE POLICY THEN TELECALLER GAVE HER NAME AS RITIKA MOBILE NUM 09810840510 AND ASKED WHEN I WILL FILL PROPSAL FORM I SHOULD GIVE APPLICATION NUM TO HER .
THESE ARE THE NUM FROM WHOM I RECIVED CALL FOR RELIANCE POLICY
SANTOSH FROM PUNE 7385995066 OFFICE AT ICC TOWER PUNE. RELIANCE OFFICE DELHI 09582542551 .RELIANCE OFFICE FRON NOIDA 08459323884.
TRACE THESE NUM 09810840510 IT OF RELIANCE CALL CENTER