IRDA

Consumer complaints and reviews about IRDA

JRamesh

Feb 6, 2015

Fake calls continue

Call from 1409303643, Claiming to be part of Insurance solution development authority. They informed that there was a bonus of Rs 1,05,070 against a policy I had taken from ICICI Lombard ( which i had surrendered few years ago). However the bonus could not be given to me because it would go to the agent code. They offered to do the needful to ensure the money reached me and not the agent. In order for them to process this, they would need me to take a new policy. They offered a choice of 3 companies. They advised that I should not disclose the reason for purchase of this policy to the agent. I should surrender the policy, in 3 months 11 days.

The first lady who spoke identified herself as Payal and handed me over to another gentleman (???) who identified himself as Vishal Malhotra . he also gave me his mobile number. Looking up the number also yielded he same number.

While talking to Payal i read out the first few lines of a similar review. The BRAZENNESS of these operators amazes me. She came back aggressively saying that they are not fraudsters

I feel so helpless. Apparently no action can be taken against such operators. I have recd. such call many times over the past 4 - 5 years.
ankita1962

Feb 3, 2015

CALLS FROM GBIC

i HAVE BEEN RECEIVING CALLS FROM MOBILE NO 9136699616-9136613072 & LAND LINE NO 01204039460& 01204039400 REGARDING POLICY WITH KOTAK MAHINDRA REGARDING ITS BONUS ISSUE... SOME SHALINI MITRA & ARUN TYAGI INSISTED ON SAYING THAT KOTAK MAHINDRA IS NOT PROVIDING BONUSES TO THE INSURER AND THE SAME THEY ARE TRANSFERRING TO THEIR AGENT WHOSE CODE NUMBERS ARE MENTIONED ON POLICIES. IF YOU WANT TO GET THE CODE REMOVED FROM THE POLICY I WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE THE CASE FILE. & IF I DONOT GET THE FILE FILLED NO CLAIM IN FUTURE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY GBIC AS THE WILL PRODUCE THE RECORDING IN WHICH I REFUSED TO GET THE AGENT CODE REMOVED...
I WANT TO KNOW IF SUCH CALLS ARE MADE BY GBIC... & IF THE PERSONS NAMED ARE THEIR EMPLOYEES. PLEASE CONFIRM.
THANKS
sathiyas06

Feb 2, 2015

Fraud complaint

Dear IRDA,

Yesterday i got a call from " Maxpro Management" kodambakkam, chennai. they said we are tie up with future generali . they will offer one insurance policy called" future generali pearls guarantee". I can offered to take loan upto 15 lakh. but i need to pay 1 lakh per annum. important thing is they asked me pay on same day. i said its not possible on same day.

Then they asked me to pay 40000/ per annum and they will give loan amount of 6 lakh after 3 months.. i was not believed. i said currently i don't have that much amount in my hand. they asked to give any gold instead of that premium amount. again they pressured me to finish that formalities by same day.

If i took that loan, after 6 years they will continue my premium amount. finally sum assured amount will be taken by that company(Maxpro)

So i confirmed that they are fraud..morning i called to future generali office located in t.nagar. i explained everything to them. they said that Maxpro company is our agent. they will provide the loan, we are not.

i am asking to IRDA how i can believe that future generali because of this fraud activities by their agent. why future generali don't know that kind of fraud agents before.
S V Shah

Jan 28, 2015

Fake call

I have receive similar fake call from person named Mr. Aditya. I have received bonus of Rs.1,00,000 through my policy. He stated the we have written a letter to you but you didn't respond. So we are going to cancel your bonus amount which mean that 40% amount credited to my agent and 60% amount credited to loca brach. I was asked my birth date first & later my PAN card. I sensed it should be a fake call from any fraud.Pl be alert.

Mobile No-7836856553
Sanju Shastri

Jan 24, 2015

Regarding Fake Calls

Observing all these complaints regarding fake calls, I came to this decision that this is a racket of insurance companies to cheat people.
Raajkumaar

Jan 23, 2015

NOC not issued

I have been start my insurance carrier on 2012 but i unbale to perform well.But now i want to recreate my carrier in insurance field but i interesting to do business in SBI only.so i approach LIC to request my NOC but the LIC said IRDA/CAGTS/CIR/142/07/2013 Transfer without achieving the minimum business norms mandate is not allowed. this reply given to me the LIC officer take time for one and half month simple i am daily going to the lic office and ask what is the status now please be do possibel to me but the given this kind of reply yesterday only 22.01.2015. But my licence going to lapse coming augst. but this situation licence holder can't get chance to survive in insurance. I strain more from this insetend. I am not going to loose my licence i asking chance to develop my carrier in insurance field i have composit licence i am doing well in general insurance but i not like doing business in life insurance (SBI). You given chance to me perform in life insurance means please ask them to give NOC to me.

E.G.Rajkumar

egraajkumar@gmail.com
kknirala

Jan 21, 2015

fraud calls

call from insurance control authority of India from these numbers 09350133675, 011141323972 , 09310851082 regarding unclaimed amount of insurance policy of my relative so withdrawal of above amount the i need to submit a checqe of 32000/- for issue of duplicate policy hence please guide me in this regard what is the procedure for issue of duplicate policy / bond and who is behind these may be fake calls on the name of IRDA/ICA
jyothiacharya.l@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2015

Fake call

Today I received a call from Gaurav Sharma from number +91 11 409303704 about my life Insurance policy. He had all details about the policy including the agent code. He informed me that my policy has been selected by IRDA for irregularity check
I want to know does IRDA do a check with the customers about irregularities? When I insisted that I know the benefits and bonus information about the policy, he insisted the Insurance company is not providing correct information to me.
imtiazzp

Jan 19, 2015

Fake calls in the name of IRDA

Friends,

This have been going on since long hence a caution note and a humble request to all, please don't share your valuable details with any of the folks claiming him/her to be a part of IRDA, let me share my experience.

Today i.e. 19-Jan, I received a call from a number 8459789549 with the person named as Rajeev and he was claiming that he is an officer from IRDA and shared that around 2,50,000 amount is with the authorities, He stated the we have written a letter to you but you didn't respond and some one named as Atul Patel who have responded on my behalf by claiming as if he is my financial advisor and have been using that money on my behalf, I said look I don't know who this Atul Patel is and so as you, if you want you can ask your Agent to visit my place and I will have one-one discussion with him/her and will then take a call, he kept on insisting that this process will take 8 - 10 days and this process will delay the file movement, he wanted me to give a go ahead on the call by doing that he will process the file immediately and all of the said amount will be credited to my account.

Guys please take care of such crap team,
hemalirm

Jan 14, 2015

What should I do if I already gave money....

What should I have to do if I already gave money to IRDA.... I already pay them around 3,00,00 lakes... Now they r giving me just dates..... Last date is given me 22nd... I m just waiting.... Pls help me to receive my money back... I m a house wife....
vinu2208

Jan 13, 2015

Fake Calls in name of IRDA

I received numerous calls in past few months from people claiming they are from IRDA or IGC(Insurance Grievance Cell)
They were claiming that they were authorised to recover money/claims from lapsed insurance policies.
Their strategy was that we have to pay Rs 28,000 to them under some company named "Clubmax" and then they would be able to generate something called as UIN (Universal Insurance Number) after which the policy payment could be released.
When I asked for their official email ids and that they confirm all this from their official email ids, the reply was they didn't have official email ids. Also they dont have any branches, they operate only through mobile phones.

Their names and numbers are as follows:
Vikas Arora - 7042062614
Clubmax India - 8802139304, 7428877925, 8802276162
rao_pradeep2007@yahoo.com

Jan 8, 2015

FAKE CALL

I have receive similar fake call from person named Agnihotri. I have received bonus of 67,000 Rs. through my policy. He stated the we have written a letter to you but you didn't respond. So we are going to cancel your bonus amount which mean that 40% amount credited to my agent and 60% amount credited to loca brach.I give my policy details to him and also name and birth date first as he asked first. Later I know that it is a fake call from any fraud.
yathichandra@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2015

Future Generali Of India Fraud

Fraud call to make to buy Insurance from Future Genrali of India :

Dont ever disclose your Personal Details to them. PAN card, Mobile No, Voter ID, Address etc.

My Father passed away few years back. Got a fraud call from Anjali Sharma and Vishal Mehra posing to be from Insurance claims department saying that my father had LIC policy and its last day to claim it. And asked me to tell the policy number for the proof.

I knew that some policies of my father were already claimed and few were discontinued. So I was not sure. Later they called again and explained few things and made me believe. But I was curious to hear that we would be getting amount of 1 lakh as claim. If it gets cancelled then the entire claim amt will go to the agent through which policy was applied. And they need a evidence number to claim it and one who claims it needs to have a policy in FGI (Future Generali of India). They said If we get a policy number from FGI then they will remove the agent code from LIC policy and then the amount will be received by you in few days.

I got really suspicious on how the things were going. So googled around and found these scams happening.
This is the perfect trap they set up. But thanks to all your comments and reports that saved me from this trap.
framon_chem

Dec 24, 2014

Fraud call from GBIC

I received a call from a number +91 9136937591 , +91 9136587877 on 24th December 2014.

This lady was very ill mannered, did not introduce herself by any name, and introduced herself as an employee of GBIC. When asked what is the call about, she asked me my information like where I work, how much do I earn per year and how much income tax I pay.

She kept insisting on knowing my annual income, though I avoided divulging any figure, post which she moved to asking my income tax amount and whether I file my returns or not.

When I asked her to call me back as I was busy, she almost barked at me saying she is an authority from RBI, "RBI jaante ho?" with a menacing tone.

I received at least 6 calls from the same number that day, 4 of them back to back. She kept calling back and would not reveal her name or the reason for the call.

The only mistake I made was confirming my date of birth before I realized that there was something fishy about the call.

"Kitna kama lete ho ek saal mein? ITR file karte ho ke nahi? Mein RBI se hun, RBI jaante ho ke nahi, Kya jaante ho RBI ke baare mein" with a threatening tone to the entire conversation.

I looked up the history of spurious call of people claiming to be IRDA authorities, only to find many such cases.

Though I have blocked the number, I am sure it won't stop at that.

I request you to kindly look into it. A list of these fake numbers available on the IRDA website would be really helpful.
Siddharth Deo

Dec 22, 2014

Spurious call from a person claiming to be from IRDA

I received a call from a number +91 14093 00562 on 20th December 2014.

This lady was very ill mannered, did not introduce herself by any name, and introduced herself as an employee of IRDA. When asked what is the call about, she asked me my information like where I work, how much do I earn per year and how much income tax I pay.

The only mistake I made was confirming my date of birth before I realised that there was something fishy about the call.

Though I have blocked the number, I am sure it won't stop at that.

vagarw22

Dec 22, 2014

Fraud call from GBIC

I got a call from 9136588012 saying that she is calling from GBIC, some consumer forum govenment body and she started asking questions about my lic policies. Her name was Alisha. When i told her that IRDA is the govening boby not GBIC for insurence, she disconnected. Totally fradulent people.
gm3477

Dec 17, 2014

call from GBIC

Hi I got call from +918459485918 today at 1530Hrs mentioning this is a survey conducted by GBIC. She started asking for some details about any life insurance policy from company other than LIC of India. I told fake company name. than she asked about agent thru whom I got the policy. I said no contact for past 7-years. than she inquire about policy details like how much money is invested and how old the policy is. I gave fake policy details than she inquired asked for my date of birth and my occupation, which again I faked. than she said there is some problem with my policy, as had some other call in waiting I decided to break the communication, so told her "please send me a letter with issue in policy on my address registered with you and I will revert." and disconnected.
but based on above discussion I understand that there is/are gangs operating in name of government agencies collecting as much data as possible to initiate fraud. I don't know what and how our Economic crime wing people taking it up. is there any proactive approach or they are waiting for some big case to react upon.
agents@irda.org

Dec 15, 2014

pin code problem

I D.chitti babu,Lic Agent Working in CB-1 Branch office Guntur with the code No:04601688.My IRDA Licence No:091 4146413,

While keying the my Agency Renuval Application my address Pin code was wrongly keyned by Lic people as 000 000

But my actuval pin code was 522 002,Now iam Interested to take Genaral insurence Agency Licence but due to this wrong pin code

Iam unable to get my URL No.i am complainted to the Lic officialy about this issue IRDA for modifications but no action was

taken by IRDA till this date.

Please take the necessary actions to correct my Pin code

pawan.yogesh@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2014

Fraud by future Generalli life insuarance

Future generalli employees are not able to sell there life insurance that's why they are lying using other companies name and selling there life insuarance on the name of loan.

On 9 dec 2014 I got call from number 011-33216387 from a lady shikha gupta that they are providing loan from Aditya Birla finance of Rs 5,00,000 and this loan would be given against life insuarance policy which they will do from future generalli. Firstly I will have to pay Rs 50,000 as the first premium and after this within 45 day i will get the loan. The also played a drama that they have checked my cibil score and ready to give me loan. I will have to pay rs 50,000 for 12 years and in 18th year i will get 12 lac Rs and from this 12 lac Rs the Adiya birla finance will deduct the amount. The lady involved in it says that she is not from the insuarance company and from aditya birla finance. When i asked the office i was told that she cannot tell me the address of the office. Later on i got a again for the loan from the same lady this time i called aditya birla finance and they told me its a fraud call. I asked the lady to call me on 10 dec 2014. Shikha gupta called me again and played the same story that we are providing you a loan of Rs 5,00,000 and for this you will have to mortgage your policy for it.there was a long discussion where i was expleined the process that some one will come to pick documents for insurance but he is not aware of loan so give him the documents and in 45 days you will get the loan. I was told that there would be confirmation call from the confirmation team and for the same i got call from 01130564645 and some Miss bajaj made he confirmation call for the loan and a brief about the loan. She also narated the same story that we are giving you loan of 5, 00,000 against the insuarance and it would be deducted after 18 years and will have to pay the premiums. In the discussion i was again i was told not to ask any question to the one who will be collecting the cheque and documents for the policy. Here i would like to bring in notice that these people told me that loan would be given after 45 days and one can cancel the policy with-in 15 day of the recieving of the document. After this call within 10 minutes i got a cll from 9717280909 where again Ms Shikha Gupta told me that now i will get the call from insuarance company. I got a call from Mr Saket Mathur 9990512828 for collecting the documents. where i told that i know you guys are fraud and after that there is no call from "Fraud Employees of Future Generalli" Are you Guys not able to sell your policies thats why you are making fool of people on the name of other company and loan.

Yogesh
bitulokesh

Dec 9, 2014

Fake Insurance Call

I had a fake call from +91 9555368397 claiming to be from IRDA. He said that I have around Rs. 2,56,000 in my insurance account and fund transfer to mukesh agrwal from my account..irda sent me a verify letter and you verified by me ..without my knowledge...
and also submitted 56,000 rs in bank of india account 600310311000472...,,cheque no. 017440
and i have already registered reg no. IMC096605LKL

But I hope strict action is taken against such people whom my dupe some innocent customers.
citizenalert

Dec 9, 2014

Fake Insurance Call

I had a fake call from +91 7053565487 claiming to be from IRDA. He said that I have around Rs. 56,000 in my insurance account and to get that I have to pay Rs 12000 initially. As I dont have any insurance account I came to know it is fake call.

cutomer2014

Nov 28, 2014

Fraud Call from LIC

I had the same experience as others. Someone named Sonia Gupta from cancellation dept of LIC called me from 09136022991.

Please be aware of such calls.
ssr1

Nov 26, 2014

Fraud LIC Amount

Getting calls from 2 persons claiming to be DD Officer for LIC for some policy amount lying with them. Even though i don't have any amount, need to check the two individuals which is forsee as suspected fraud.
Vikas Gupta (09711514724) and Sandeep Choudhary (08744857730).
Look into the matter....both of them are claiming to be based out of Delhi brand of LIC Barakhambha road
sanjujnagal

Nov 23, 2014

fgi lic

i am getting calls from +911409300211 by a madam saying she is pooja deshai and regional manager in insurance fund management under IRDA. she is saying that if i change my tata aig life insurance to fgi lic my insurance policy. then she deduct my agent code number and an amount more than double which i have pay in insurance will come in my account. for this i have to start a new insurance policy in fgi lic. with a good amount. she is calling me again and again. they have a group of people. i think they are fraud. please inform me. she is also give her contact number ---08376899119
madumbu

Nov 22, 2014

Fraud insurance call

I got call from Ms Sonia Sharma number 09136508992, saying she is from management from head office of Hyderabad that my fathers life one time insurance of 30 years period is due in 2013 unclaimed and valued at Rs 3,00,023. She had my address and even details such as nominee which was my mother's name. She asked me to open pension plan of 10 years paying Rs 30000,- with Future General India life insurance for linking my name with fathers insurance for payment. She insisted on completing opening of new policy immediately sending agent at residence. I delayed with some reason only to find thereafter from the internet that there are such fraud calls going around and they disappear once the payment is made. I hope people do not fall in to such fraud calls and may note above number. I was amazed over their marketing and spoken skills of convincing people to go for new policy for claiming old policy amount.

airtel mnp - Sim got rejected
    I ported my number from Docomo to Airtel prepaid after all...
    SNAPDEAL/SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 - Missing product
    Wrong product received My sister whose name is Jyoti who...
    CDA Pension Allahabad - Non Settlement of OROP Case
    With great regret it is submitted that the OROP case in...
    jai properties - Reset my tpin and password
    Sir/madam A/C NO-1289135000004566 pls...
    UTI - pan card undelivered
    Pan card undelivered at my address. I was not at home at...
    idea cellular - non supportive behaviour & over charging
    non supporting behavior of idea cellular customer care - I...
    info@jokerquiz.com / samsung galaxy s6 contest - samsung galaxy s6
    refund my money which i paid through airtel mobile number...
    paytm - Wrong Transaction
    Hi Team, Please refer this ticket from paytm...
    TradeonSecurities - institutionalcalls.com
    Hi, It seems many people loss money because of these...