J&K Bank

Jammu and Kashmir

Consumer complaints and reviews about J&K Bank

Oct 29, 2015

Complaint aginst misbehaviour of employees

I, an aggrieved customer of your esteemed Organisation want to bring to your kind attention towards the gross misbehaviour of employees of your bank in general and that of J&K Bank, Main Branch, Samba in particular.

The details of the incident are as follows:
1) The case is of Monday (28-09-2015), when I visited the said branch of your bank for the deposit of a bank challan amounting Rs 400/-.When it came my turn, I placed the challan form on the counter and began to search my pocket to take out money.
2) Within few seconds only, the cashier namely Shakshi Gupta yelled at me, “What is this? Go to the end of the queue and don’t waste my time.” To whom I politely replied, “Mam, please wait for two seconds only.
3) Again she spoke very harshly and used bad words unbecoming of a responsible employee and service provider and narrated “Bakwasmat Karo aur daffa ho jaao.”
4) Afterwards her colleague namely Parteek Sohal also joined her and told me that I will throw out of the bank. He warned me that no one will accept your challan form in this bank. Also he abused me in front of other local persons.
5) I am totally shocked to hear this type of wording.
5) Thereafter, I went to the bank manager on Wednesday (30-09-2015), and gave him application and told the whole story verbally. Witnessing the whole incident on CCTV footage, he got convinced and told me to come after 02/03 days and pacified me that I will take a disciplinary action against them. After that he started delaying me day by day.
6) Being a government employee of state government, I am bound to be a customer of J&K Bank only. Had I been not the aforesaid, I would have immediately shifted my account to some other bank.
7) Despite the passage of so many days, not even a single gesture of Sorry has been felt by them till date.
8) I am the respectful citizen of Samba and a disciplined government employee and it is not the way a bank/service provider should treat their valuable customers, the way they treated.
9) The whole episode can be verified from the other customers who were present that day. Also it can be witnessed from CCTV footage.
10) Also, I came to know from other customers and some reliable sources that both of the above mentioned persons/employees have misbehaved with customers in the past also and are in continuous habit of mal treatment of the customers.

Thus in the light of the above an appropriate action is solicited.
If the same does not happen, I shall be left with no other option, but to take the matter to the Hon’ble Court/Consumer Court, Chairman/Higher authorities of the Bank, RBI, Finance Ministry.

Yours sincerely

R/O Mandi Kehli Samba
Tehsil & District Samba
Contact No. 9596604905
R.A. Bhat
Oct 20, 2015

Complaint against J&K Bank Srinagar

One of my friend namely Imtiyaz Ahmad Shoura has applied for consumption loan in J&K Bank Branch Chanpora and the said individual come to my office alogwith guarantor document and asked me to sign on it. I got surprised why he has come to my office along with guarantor document as the guarantor document has to be signed before of Branch Manager or any other Branch official at the Branch itself. I have signed the document after seeing the photo of my friend namely Imtiyaz Ahmad Shoura affixed on the document but deliberately I have not signed one of the affidavit as I felt some suspicion
After some time I got sms from the bank that amount of Rs. 12500/- has been deducted from your account as GRT of Zubaida. I got surprised and I contact the branch they informed me that you are the guarantor of MS Zubaida w/o Imtiyaz Ahmad Shoura r/o Chanpora. I didn't understand how the J&K Bank Branch Chanpora has sanctioned the Consumption loan in favour a person/ individual who is housewife, jobless, no source of income and no recurring income. Now I have simply following question;-
1. why didn't Branch Manager has not called me to the bank for signing of guarantor document?
2. Why Bank has cheated me by affixing loanee's husband photo on the guarantor document?
3. On what basis the Branch Manager sanctioned Consumption loan in favour of an individual ( Zubaida) who is simply housewife, jobless ( Govt. or Private or any other Business establishment), no recurring income?
4. Why didn't Branch Manager informed be before deducting an amount of Rs. 12500/- from my account?
If the reply of above question does not reach to me and an inquiry does not conduct into the matter within one week I have other options to follow this will include to approach RBI in this matter
sajjad shawl
Oct 9, 2015

character assasination

Sir, I am running My cc account with your SR gunj branch Srinagar.I have been out of station in connection of my ailing mother's treatment for past one month.Even though i have deposited the interest of my cc account, but suddenly yestarday one of my gaurantor came to know that his account has been stopped and he was not allowed to withdraw money from his account when he was desperately in need of it.He was directed to go the above said branch to verify the matter for himself.Once he entered into the branch he was not told about default if any on my behalf in maintaining the cc account, instead the branch staff started to do my character assassination in front of my respectful gaurantor and declared me as an absconder and a run away default customer on the basis of some mere hearsay.When i my self contacted the branch staff at the same time from bangalore where my ailing mother is under going the treatment,even i was not given any solid or satisfactory answere.In order to further scare my gaurantor,he was refused to be given any chance to ask any question regarding the status of his own bank account.My gaurantor as well as myself felt that as if we were not talking to the bank staff,who are supposed to serve and save customer-bank relation but were talking to some one who conduct their business on footpath and who do not care about serving or saving the customer relation and are ready to severe and sabotage it.My account number is cc 99724 Branch SR Gunj,Srinagar.Hope you will take note of my complaint and stop your bank staff from doing my character assasination.Thanks.

Zargar ali
Oct 3, 2015

recharges through embanking not done

Sir I have recharged my mobile no and my DTH through ebanking but it doesn't go wright besides the fact my account deducted the amount every time my account SB.751 at BOSE Bemina cell number.9797810316
Sep 11, 2015

I have two loan in jk bank Shalimar and Balgarden which i already adjusted in this montha and from last five days i am mailing both branchs with jkbank Zonal office, hiwever, no one replying, i complaint zonal office complaint cell even they didnt reply my mail, the worst service i have seen ever, i can say its ridiculous, jkbank sucks.
My loan account no is 5522 balgaren branch and 905 or 905 shalimar sxr branch. If jk bank have any service provider yet so please send me the NOC LETTER on my mail id sheikhube@gmail.com.
arora ajay kumar
Jun 29, 2015

Not Detail Provide Of Housing Loan & Not Attend Proper

Respected Sir
I Purchased House In (Punjab) Moga City The House Owner Housing Loan In Jammu & Kashmir Bank I Go To Jammu & Kashmir
Bank For Housing Loan With Income Tax Return,Bank Statement ,Pan Card,& With ID Proof But Your Loan Manager Said Your
Loan Passed Your Bank Account Branch He Is Not Checked My Documents & My Statement One Moment and Not Attend Me
Proper Then I Try To An Other Bank This Is Very Bad Service & Very Bad Behaviour
With Regards
Ajay Kumar Arora
imtiyaz Ali wani
May 12, 2015

issuance of duplicate ATM

Sir, with due respect I beg to state that I am bank holder ACctt of your branch now we can apply the duplicate ATM because of missing my ATM but we recieved the duplicate ATM in your branch As on 11-05-2015 nothing has been activated till date so please activate my ATM mu duty is Jammu so please ignore this
May 11, 2015

amount debited through e banking

Sir ,
I have an account with your branch account nuber: 0258040100012140
I purchased some items online from snapdeal.com on 27th of may worth Rs, 2398 the order was not placed but my account was debited by the amount mentioned above, after I contacted them and they adviced me to contact the bank so now I request you to please see the matter and refund the debited amount 2398 rs i hope my problem will be solved soon
Bank branch : zainakote srinagar
Abdul Quyoom Lone
May 7, 2015

Non availability of ATM SERVICE

Apr 28, 2015

tfr of branch manager of kulgam(main)

this complaint is regarding newly transferred branch manager who have assumed his duties just a fortnight ago in j&k Bank kulgam main branch and we the traders and contractors association of kulgam has come together to file this complaint against the said manager as he is incompetent and lacks consumer satisfaction tactics as you know that this branch is the biggest branch in the town and it needs a most humble and experienced person for its smooth running as like the previous managers have always done .
now this is our humble request to Mr.Mushtaq sahib CEO of J&k bank that an intelligent, competent and most experienced branch manager may be sent to this branch at an earliest so that general public may feel a change and their grievances will be addressed properly otherwise we shall be forced to shift our accounts to other banks which we do not want as we think that j&k bank is like our motherly bank of our state.

with warm regards
1.traders association kulgam
2. contractors association kulgam
Apr 28, 2015

Delay in transfer of money from Mender J&K Bank

Esteemed sir
Myself Basharat Hussain from Mender presently study in university of Kashmir facing a lot of problems due to unnecessary awaiting of money which has to been transferred from Mender bank because the employees of bank is too careless. They don't transfer the payment as soon as possible and the person awaiting other side has to suffer a lot. I request you to take proper measures about the carelessness of employees of jk bank Mendhar, so as the relation of the customer with the J&K bank will flourish smoothly.
Apr 22, 2015

Disrespectful treatment and queries unresolved!

My name is irfan khan and i am running my own clothing brand/company under the name
WE GUVNOR™. I am holding a current account in j&k bank, chanpora branch(srinagar). I have requested to change the status of my CD account to CC. Submitted applications and ready with all documentations. It has been two weeks time that no one from the bank has yet visited my showrooms for inspection. Now I don't want anything from bank branch except transferring of my accounts to nowgam,kenihama. I have already written my application but yet no one accepted that. Please get bet to me ASAP. I hope this complaint will be taken seriously from your side. Please find my details below
Ac.name: WE GUVNOR™
Contact: 9469070325,8803751470
Email: ikhan1707@gmail.com
Naureen khan
Apr 12, 2015

Dissapoint with the bank service

I m very upset with ur bank services .i lost my atm two months ago I went to j&k branch of bata house where I hav opened my account number-0743040100001028 and informed the bank officials and get back to home with the assurance. After a week I again went to bank because they committed that my arm card will issue in 3-4 days but still nothing done by them. Again I had a word with the concerning person and he said that I will get the atm card within a week. After 10 days I again went to bank and I was surprised because my atm card still not there when I asked them that u people every time says that my atm card will come by post and still neither it came to me by post nor u guys have so can u suggest me what to do seriously they were very rude to me it's really Tyring to go again and again and ask the concerning people .please solve the problem otherwise close my account immediately and send me the closing details
mir muzaffar
Feb 17, 2015

complaint against your branch head zainakote regarding rehabilitation for flood

Jammu and kashmir bank ltd
Zonal office srinagar

sub:-complaint against your branch head zainakote regarding rehabilitation for flood under cash credit facilities

With due respect, it is submitted to your good self as under:

1,that i have an cd account holder 1609 b/o zaina kote from last 2 years as I am doing the business of hosiery readymade garments

and need bank service

2,that i am desirow of having a limit facility for smooth financing of my business for which I have approached your B/ o zainakote

and I requested its Manager for cash credit facilities Under the rehabilitation of flood

3,that instead of helping me he has shown a non professional attitude by showing lack lusted approach by asking me to come

again and again since four months even often completing the requisite formalities that on Monday 16/02/2015 I have visted the

branch and requested its branch head for the same but his response is, I will not give u such finance that my is under my custody

kindly do the needful as early as possible

Dated 17th feb.2015

Haji mirsons

again and again
sheikh kamran yaqoob
Feb 16, 2015

Unparlimentry language

Unparlimentry language
Kindly refer greater kashmir dated 10.02.2015 wherein an advertisement at page first regarding j&k bank world cup bonanza was published . accordingly I went to my nearest branch of jammu and kashmir bank islamia college branch for availing loan facility for purchase of smart/led tv. The manager incharge put sum questions like what is ur name/ are u a govt servant/ what not and what not.accordingly I reply that my bame is sheikh kamran yaqoob and I am not a govt servant .surprisingly he told me which sheikh?Sweeping sheikh or sum thing else .such an Unparlimentry language spoken by the branch manger
kewal kumar gupta
Dec 26, 2014

not issuing new atm

with due respect i want to state that the magnetic strip of my atm was crushed so i opted for new atm on 22nd november but the authourities have not issued it still after more than 1 month so kindly take some sort of action
my accout no 25014
name- kewal kumar gupta
address 145 a subhash nagar jammu
branch name-rehari
Dec 16, 2014

Rude behaviour by Mr Abid of TP Branch Anantnag

I am an old customer of your bank. My salary account No: 91203 is operational in your bank's TP Anantnag branch for last ten years. A few days ago while using my ATM card to withdraw from my above said account I was surprised to find out that it was not operational. I tried on a few more ATM outlets but without success. I urgently needed to withdraw some money as I had to see a doctor and it was highly inconvenient that my ATM card had been invalidated without informing me. I decided to check from my bank branch and called on the telephone No: 01932-222548. . The behaviour of the person who responded on the telephone calling himself Mr. Abid, was impolite and very rude. Instead of responding to my query he used harsh language and bluntly refused to do anything about my complaint.

If this is how your employees deal with their customers especially women, I am sorry to say you are setting up a very bad example.

I request you to use your good offices to reprimand the above named employee so that the standards set by your esteemed bank are followed in letter and spirit.

Ufaq Makhdoomi
A/C No: 91203,
Branch TP, Anantnag.
Aasif Bala
Nov 29, 2014

missguiding the NEFT transaction

the two staff members of JK Bank Banch Ansa Complex Soura one is the counter lady with fatty Health and second Manager lady wearing Spectacle miss guiding me the timing of NEFT transaction they told me the timing of the trnsaction is 12.00pm only when i reach 12:20 in the branch when i told them why they not display the timing in the notice board they miss behaved me like an illiterates please take serious notice to these staff members so that they know the value of customer. please intimate me reponse of the complaint that willbe your most kindness.
Shakir Shafi
Nov 20, 2014

I have booked the airline ticket from Bangalore to Cochin for dated 12-01-2104..
But they have deducted my amount for Rs 4130 without booking the ticket ,...I did it through online Banking....I want to get my whole money refunded back to me soon...
Bank:- J&K Bank
Oct 23, 2014

Miss behaived

J&K Bank
Zonal Office Rajouri

Subject ;- Complaint against your branch office salani bridge Rajouri & its Branch Head against the poor services and bad Behaivour with coustmers

with due respect it is submitted to your goodself as under :-

1.That i have an Cd account number 19 in B/O salani from the last seven months as i am doing the buisness of computer General orders and supply and need bank services .

2.That I am desirous of having a limit facility for smooth financing of my buisness for which i have approached your B/o Salani and requested its Manager .

3.That instead of helping me he has shown a non-professional attitude by showing lack lusture approach by asking me to come again and again even after completing the requisite formalities.That on friday 17/10/2014 i have visited the branch and requested its branch head for the same but his response is " YOU HAVE COME AGAIN TO GIVE ME HEADACHES" and "TODAY THE BANK GIVES FACILITY TO SHIFT THE ACCOUNT SO YOU CAN ALSO SHIFT YOURS "told me to come some other time .he is showing such behaviour as if he is financing from his own pocket and not from public money which is clear violations of RBI guidelines.

4.That it is brought to your goodself to kindly shift my CD account if that branch cant give the services to its clients better to close it

kindly do thje needfull as early as possible .

Thanking you in anticepation

Dated;- 20/10/2014 complainant
Raguvir Singh
Sep 15, 2014

Illegal way of Issuing lockers

Today ( Sep 15- 2014) I along with my wife went to J&K sarwal branch ( newly opened) for enquiring of availability of lockers. They told me to open an account with their branch ( agreed that one should have an account with that branch where you want lockers) with an FD of Rs. 25000. This thing I couldnot understood that why we need an FD of 25000 for locker. I asked the employee that why you need FD of 25000 for lockers, the reply was asome that its a new branch so we need an FD of 25000 for lockers. If you wish to obtain locker then you have to make an FD of 25K otherwise we don't have locker. Then I went to branch manager for complaint he agreed that he has instructed his staff to tell customers for FD if you wish to get lockers.
My question is that " Is there a rule that we have to go for an FD if we have to obtain a locker or the banks r torturing customers just to complete their targets. This is a serious concern and need immediate attention

Please look into this as a matter of urgency. I am waiting for your response on this

Sumeet gupta
Sep 1, 2014

Hyderpora branch staff imcompatibility and unprofessionalism

I was applying for e banking for my jkbank acc at branch hyderpora, but it is really sad tomsee the unprofessionalism of the staff there, I went there in my busy schedule only to know that the person incharge was was not available and was told to come tomorrow again, dont they have any substitute for that person, and the worst thing was that the staff was so rude as if they were doing us a favour rather than providing a service, and after that it was pathetic to know that the next day the person who told me to come tomorrow was actuqlly responsible for that task after going to the branch manager, this is intolerable.after that I had register for otp registration and I reached at the respective branch by 2 pm only to know that they I should come by 4pm which is when the bank closes, so what should I call this irresponsibility or improssionalism, it pathetic that to make iur banking easier we apply for ebanking and only to activate this service at this hyderpora branch is a hectic job.I kjow that this complaint is not going to make any changes but atleast I am doing my part

Ps:this complaint is only related to the hyderpora branch
Aug 16, 2014

post Machine service

Yama Adventures holding ac with JK Bank CD2527 , and post machine was given to us but has not been working for the last two months , I have complained to the Bank as well as the agent but so for no body had come to check on the same problem
please look into this matter

Rinchen Namgail
Yama Adventures
cell ;09419178763
gupta amit
Aug 10, 2014

Wrong deduction
I AM ACCOUNT HOLDER OF J&K BANK MAIN BRANCH RAMNAGAR. MY ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 0066040100017320.On 31-07-2014 I withdraw 10000 Rs from SBI ATM of Ramnagar at 19:05. But the ATM machine shows your transaction has been timed out. My first transaction is incomplete and get no money from ATM & Then i try second time to withdraw 10000 Rs, the transaction was successful. After some time i receive two messages of 10000 Rs deduction from my account.

Now I requested you to please see the matter urgently and send my 10000 Rs in my account . Please solve my issue, I shall be highly thanlful to you.
Jul 30, 2014

Misbehave and deny for RTGS

i am regular customer (about 3-4 years) of your Jammu and Kashmir bank, phulwarisharif branch . But it is sad that today i e on 30/07/14when i reached to this branch for RTGS (I have 3 lakhs in my account) , the manager of that branch said that u can RTGS even after ur amount should be deposited to me minimum 7 days, then u my be able to perform work of RTGS. Including this he did misbehave with me very rudely and shouted at me .sir, i perform transaction around 30 lakhs in one month and i have not any CC or OD accounts. u may enquire about this to the customers who were available there. i want to know also that what is the procedure of making RTGS and is it compulsory to detain my amount ur bank and is any guidelines of RBI is available in this regard.
my details as follows:-
Name-Hope construction pvt ltd,
email-hopeconstructionpvtltd@gmail.com mob-9304544812
it is finaly i want to say that the behaviour of yr personnel may damage ur good business, and faith. it is fully clear that i have a lot of option to choose another banks thanks

Water - wastage of water
    Sir my name is drishti and I live in LDA colony...
    Ibps - Wrongly updated Graduation percentage
    Dear Concern, Requesting you to please enable my form...
    snapdeal - Request from customer
    Dear Snapdeal Team, Urs is very popular and good service...
    HDFC - amount deducted but not reversed
    i have saving account in hdfc bank and deducted rs. 925...
    snapdeal - Money Refund
    Money Refund Snapdeal I oderd for a muscel blaze...
    central government dalhousie - voilence
    want to complain against a man named subroto bromho frm...
    mi - Poor service of mi
    Hi, I have purchage redmi mi2 mobie before 5 -6 month...
    IDEA cellular ltd. - Online recharge failed
    My number is 8446279378. On 24 nov, i had recharged this...
    red mi 2 - Poor service of mi
    Hi, I have purchage redmi mi2 mobie before 5 -6 month...
    UP Police - uninor sim card lost
    I have lost my uninor sim card number 9012635933. I am...