Kolkata Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Kolkata Traffic Police

luvablearnab

Oct 21, 2013

Abusive nature and use of abusive languages By traffic police sergent Mr Samiran Baori . Time 12.35 Pm . Place -- South City Mall , Date : 21/10/13

On a legal U turn an traffic constable noted down my car number , which was noticed by me and when i went back to the constable for asking my violation ( which was not there ) he said it was my mistake , on asking the constable i said it is not fair to register violations illegally on asking his name he said " do whatever you want " . When i saw the sergent inside the booth ( Mr Samiran Baori ) , while going to him he used abusive language and shouted over me to keep shut and get lost and pushed me and asked for my license and car papers . When my mom ( 63 year old ) got down from the car with her fractured leg and tried to talk to Mr Samiran Baori , he pointed finger on her and shouted to keep shut and get lost even after noticing that my mom can barely walk .
I truly respect the kolkata traffic police but after todays incident i am ashamed of the kolkata traffic police and feel pity for the senior officers who appoints these un cultured and un-civilised officers . Requesting you to please teach these kind of officers how to respect old people and talk . WITH THESE KIND OF OFFICERS IN THE DEPT , THE KOLKATA TRAFFIC POLICE TAG LINE ( FASTER , SAFER , FRIENDLIER ) DOESNT SUITS . !!

Regards ,
Arnab -- An loyal citzen of Kolkata
Tamal Chakraborty

Jan 31, 2013

Harassment by Kolkata Traffic Sergeant

I was buying a cigarette in front of Icici bank r n mukherjee branch beside me pulser bike, suddenly a Sergeant stop his red bulet(REG NO- WB01A-A8407) and ask me to show my papers he took the insurance with him and start his bike then I asked him for chalan he suggest me to meet malkhana of here street thana around 2pm, I ask his good name also but replied its not required and go away,
Around 2pm I went here street thana and the constable situating at main gate suggested me to park my bike to the local parking not with those bike which in-front of thana because these r the toing cases bike so I did as he said, but malkhana was closed an officer was there near to malkhana I tell him everything and ask for help he replied without name its too difficult to find any officer, i was geting out of thana & suddenly meet with that officer who has took my bike's insurance paper,So i ask him about my chalan or amount of penalty he replied "i dont have so much of time to explain everything to you just do what you asked to do and park your bike in-front of thana with all those bikes, I loos my faith on this officer and due to submit a cheque of my client i move to my office, Now any one can help me because at help-line (2000) to the duty officer i explain everything they suggest me meet that officer to his thana without borrowing my bike there,but he also not provide his name .
I am going to meet that officer again if any help or suggestion can provide then please because i am feeling unsecured in to this situation.

Please take care of that kind of things.

Tamal Chakraborty
zarrar ansari

Oct 17, 2012

illegal parking

Illegal parking and road garages for decades on both side of road on 158/1 karaya road .kolkata 17.
zarrar ansari

Oct 17, 2012

illegal parking

Illegal parking and road garages for decades on both side of the road near 158/1 karaya,road .kolkata 17.
Yogesh Budhraja

Sep 19, 2012

Harassment by Kolkata Traffic Sergeant

Sub: Harassment by Traffic Sergeant ‘Mr. S.K. Adhikary’ and Traffic Constable on duty on 19th.September,2012 around 10 a.m. at Shakespeare Sarani (Nightingale Nursing Home crossing)
Incident
As per my daily routine, I ‘Yogesh Budhraja’ had gone to drop my wife ‘Nikhat Sultana Budhraja’ to her office 'Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund' located at 16A, Shakespeare Sarani (New B.K. Market) in our vehicle no. WB 06A-2305 (Hyndai - i10). Since it is a high traffic zone, I always take the vehicle inside the building and drop her there but today at the entry point there was a big SUV moving out of the entrance thus I moved the car a bit ahead of the entrance on the road and the moment this SUV moved out, I backed the car and headed towards the building's entrance....this whole scene was being watched and guided by the on duty traffic constable there. Suddenly, the traffic sergeant came over riding his bike, stopped the bike a bit ahead of us, walked towards us and started shouting at us without understanding the situation. My wife tried explaining him and requested him to ask his constable about the situation than probably he'll understand that why we had backed the car to enter the building. But under no circumstances this sergeant 'Mr. S.K. Adhikary’ tone down his temper or language and was shouting at the top of his voice. To handle the situation, I parked the car inside the office building (New B.K. Market) and went out to take a cab for my office. Before taking the cab, I walked up to speak to the sergeant to explain him that I was not at fault, to this he started shouting once again and abusing me by saying 'idiot' several times. In this whole commotion my wife walked up to him and requested him to understand the situation and cool down, to this he pointed finger at my wife and started shouting at her too, looking at this, I lost my cool and raised my voice to tell him that he should not speak to my wife in such a manner, to this he once again told me 'idiot' and said that my wife should stay in her office and not come on road to talk to him. He tried threatening me by speaking on his wireless to the police station and calling the police to arrest me...his language on the phone was 'ekta idiot ke arrest karrar acche tumi chale aisho'....further he instructed the traffic constable to hold me so that I cannot go anywhere. My wife went outrageous and said that it is illegal and he just can't do this without any show cause....this sergeant was quite adamant and said that he is capable of doing anything. I was surprised looking at this behavior and came back as the situation was completely like that of a 'Gunda Raaj'.
I am very sorry to state that if this is the way how an on duty police officer is supposed to treat the respected citizens of the country than it's a very sad scene and under any circumstances the citizens of the city will not feel safe either for his respect or dignity.
I would like to lodge a complain for mental harassment and use of abusive language (misbehaviour) by a public servant towards us (my wife and me) without any show cause
My wife is working for 'Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund' and is at a respected position and I am running the business of Food Products. We are simple citizens of the country who abides by all the rules, pay taxes on time and follow all the given regulations. At any point of time we give respect to the social authorities of the nation and expect a respectable treatment from them too. Would request you to take this matter up with the required officials and take necessary actions so that these kind of misusage of power by any authority is restricted

Yours sincerely

Yogesh Budhraja

Feb 11, 2012

Harassment By Traffic Police: Mr. Tapas Kr Pal (40769); Time: 17:50; Location: Shibdas Bhaduri Street Kol -4

Best way to get the police straight is to video them while they are doing something 'Wrong' and post it on the net which, they cannot yet control. High tech is the only way to force them to change their 'Ways' in quick time. In the longer term one must train the younger generation not to accept such ways. If we as a nation are not prepared to take such steps then, we are and will deserve such Police Corruption. Sitting on our backs or only try to do a thing or two when we are harassed is simply not good enough.

Jan 21, 2012

commissioner of police
kolkata.

I am a resident of Baranagar. My house is near Banaragar Ramkrishna Mission. Every morning from 9 am till the school is closed, the school vehicles and some more vehicles which the school students use for transport are parked in the Gopal Lal Tagore Road.This creates a lot of traffic and big mess on the road. Most of the time they park the tata sumos and the mini vans in such a way that its almost impossible for any buses to pass. Please keep some "no parking" signs or allot a traffic police near the Ramkrishna Mission so that people dont park vehicles unnecessarily on the road. If needed this unwanted parking should be penalized.Also the school authority should be notified so that they can control their vehicles or they can use their own ground as temporary parking zone.

Anushree

Jul 11, 2011

i was caught with my car in Kerala, near Ernakulam Stadium by a mobile police and mobile court and chanrged for plastic number plate and samll letters.
I told the police tthe numbers are not small and they are very eligible, but of course it was plastic plate. The mobile judge sitting there asked me to pay 700 Rs. I told him for not having a number plate the offence is only 100 Rs or so. Is it 700. But he tole me it 2000 Rs to 5000 Rs and he is mericiful so 700 Rs.
Can some one guide what is the actula penalty for number plate violation???

Jun 14, 2011

commissioner of police
kolkata.

As i am a student i, shamefully want to bring into your kind notice that on 14 June 2011 at 1.30 pm, i just stand my bike at a place of Esplaned region kolkata where neither no parking zone sign Bord was there, neither my bike stand was alone, i parked the bike where lots of vehicle were parked & just went to ATM for taking out money, just after 2 min when i came out from the atm, i found that my bike was toying by one police van. i went there & told the Sergent that's its my bike. he told me come to new market police station & we will relive your bike in spite of un toying other vehicle standing next to my bike, i trusted him & went walking in that hot day all alone, , & went to police station, they made me sited for along 3 hrs & after that told me, that i have to pay fine of 560 rs..& when i asked whats the reason for that. they said that my vehicle was parked in no parking zone & also harresed me. its very shame ful for police department that they are carring their wrk not for safety of people but to fill their pocket.
so my question is.

1.why they charged me 560 rs. in spite of charging 100 rs.as penalty.?
2. while training given to police, they are also taught how to use slang & abusive language to the people.?
3.if police will treat us like gundas & helpless, then how could we trust them for any help & how can we believe in them.
4. whats are the steps taken by the commissioner of kolkata, to stop all this corruption in their department.. & if not so then we should take our responsible for every thing & think that police are coward & can only cheat us in a uniform?
5. lastly i remember our those freedom fighters & jawans, who died for this safe, safety & corruption so that the people of state should live safe & secure, but inside these police are making scratches on jaw ans works & pains.

is there any educated person who can help me to give provide the above answers, or all police & inspectors are uneducated & only take admitted to police for filling their pocket

so, its my request to all the citizens of India & the person who is reading this complain letter that please try too fight against these corruption made by kolkata police & don't give any value & respect to them until they become loyal to the their work & citizens & also stop filling their pockets which they are doing with yours sweat.

thanks,
vivek kumar. (a citizen of india).

Mar 9, 2011

I to did face problems of direct confrontation with any traffic police but now i am facing problems with their record keeping and computer section at Lalbazar traffic department.

I sold last my car early 2010 and the sale was verified by Motor Vehicles department Beltala through their officer visiting me at my residence twicw. They confirmed transfer of the car in buyer's name and that they have sent relevant papers to Lal Bazar Traffic department.

A few days later I received a traffic violation letter dated long after the car was delivered. I responded by registered letter enclosing Form 29, Form 30, Delivery note, Xerox of buyer's Pan and Voter's I/D. I never got back the A/D card. When I enquired at the post office they said Lalbazar traffic department never signs and returns the A/D card !!!

After a couple of months I received another registered letter from Lalbazar mentioning the transfer of ownwrship of the car was not cpmplete because the foloowing reasons, the list had several items with a check box for ticking the applicable item.

Amongst the list one was, "not submission of Form 29, Form 30, Delivery note, Xerox of buyer's Pan and Voter's I/D, but funnily no item was ticked !!!

Later on I was told by a person in the know that there are brokers who will do it for me at a charge. For entering the data in computer of Traffic Department the broker has to pay money to them !!!

So Kolkata Police is innovating new ideas of taking bribe every day. I am a senior citizen and the car I sold during early 2010 was my 7th one. vefore that I sold my car in 2004. I never faced this problem before.

This is a new menance. Also previously in Kolkata Police website home page, there was a provision of send an email to the DC Traffic, which is now removed !!! How convenient :)

Mar 9, 2011

Dec 6, 2010

This is to bring into your notice that on tuesday 30/11/2010 my new pulsar bike WB 07D-3594 had been lifted

on tuesday from southern avenue by South east kolkata Police Seargent Niranjan Bose and i was standing

there itself when i went and told officer dnt lift my bike i got all the papers, licence, helmet etc and am ready

to pay fine there itself but he said big no and ask me to go to lake thana and to pay Rs100 there and take the

bike, when i went there with no reason they make me sit for 2hrs.Then they took Rs150 from me but they took

my license and told to come again after next 15 days, but when i went to take my bike i found my seat cover

has tattered out, bike was full of scratches and my front mudguard was converted into two pieces.I have also

shown condition of my bike to Malkhana officer then he showed some kind of sympathy but some officer out

there telling me we cant do anything you have to accept this if you want go and complain against that.
For my bike i have incurred a loss of Rs 2000 which i dont deserve, my question is:-

1.Who is going to pay this Rs 2000 to me?
2.Is this is what Cops are doing in name of their job?
3.what action are you going to take against Seargent Niranjan Bose?
Waiting for your judgemental answer...

Nov 9, 2010

I'm writing here for sake of informing public against Traffic Police - Kolkata or police department or any other go. department because I know there is no solution to this problem, but there is of solution, if new generation want then it may be possible to change the system in which we are living forcefully. I am appeling to the children of police departments and other Gov. departments to oppose your family member who are in the departments or discus about how inhumuliation you are feeling in between public as you all know that each and every-one in system are corrupt not only this much but actually they are not humanI they dont even think that what they they are giving to the future generation they only see that they are depositing money for family and not seeing that what they are doing is actully making paths for killing they family moral values in society in todays world if you say that some one is in police separtment then on the same time that person think that this person is a bust... and nothing else its true and even not clueless about whom to say this. People whom we look for help and who are the supposed guardian of law - when they treat us partially and rudely using foul words; where should we go?; what should we do? So I am requesting you all to please try to understand your family members.

Jul 29, 2010

Kind Attention
The Incharge, Kolkata Police Commissioner.
Please help me. If required please send this mail to appropriate authorities. Mr. Shankar Kumar Samanta S.B.I. Officer purchased local Police, Please help me.
100% now I believe that if you have money then you can get anything, every thing is possible by you. If you are a poor then you can’t get anything, every thing is far and beyond possible to you, also you get poor judgment and poor comportment in all aspects of life, in our country INDIA. For example 1. I. I went to Police Station more than 100 times, made 5times entries (complaints) into G.D. but Not even a microscopic actions took place against the alleged bodies. On the contrary Sandip Samanta, S/O. Shankar Kumar Samanta (S.B.I. OFFICER Ph. No. 9830366834, Branch: 24B, Nimtala Ghat Street, Jorabagan, Kolkata- 700006, West Bengal, India‎, Bank Ph. No. 033 25308337) he has much more and enough money so they purchase all police personnel's and some political leaders, some Dada. Etc. Only I used to get many letters and many phone calls which all seem to me needs to be thrown in the trash, as it all are valueless, toothless and only simply a solace to the poor. What an undone boy I am! Woe is to me! My wife and her family, Sandip Samanta and his family harassed me and my family, they are torcher me physically and mentally.

We got married 05/03/2002, and have a daughter who took birth on 09/07/2005. My wife and her family lodged a case 498A/34 IPC, FIR NO.276, date 31/08/2009, P.S.: BAGUIATI, against me and some of my family members it’s a fabricated, baseless, legless, toothless and doesn’t have any commensurate to the fact. My wife is engaged and having an illicit affair with a boy (Sandip Samanta, S/O. Shankar Kumar Samanta S.B.I. Officer Ph. No. 9830366834, Branch: 24B, Nimtala Ghat Street, Jorabagan, Kolkata- 700006, West Bengal, India‎, Bank Ph. No. 033 25308337) just opposite to my house, all the matters are known to every person in my village, and also they have certified me written about my fresh character and nature. When my wife left form my house with Sandip Samanta taking many vory gold and cash 1.20 lack Indian rupees. What a demon she is! She didn’t take our only daughter (only four years old) who is now in my house having severe asthma supported by inhaler. My wife filed the 498A case dated 31/08/2009 and I was arrested on 06/09/2009, The Learn" ed court granted me on bail on 19/09/2009. Barasat court. I have lots of irrefutable evidences, (20 pcs. Adult S.M.S., Adult picture with the boy and a c.d.) with me where it is cleanly reveals which translates my wife and the boy that they are in illicit relations. Believe me I and my family would love very much (which is very rare seen in our society) to my wife and never any kind of love lost didn’t happen. They (My wife family) are very very poor and live in a bosti Address: 70/H/8 Manicktolla Main Road, Kolkata – 700054, Beside 5 Star Club, my mother saw 1st time and she arranged my marriage. Before marriage my family did not see the pedigree of my wife’s family, now we understood also realized that they hailed from a worst status. My wife, her family and (Sandip Samanta, S/O. Shankar Kumar Samanta) all they are misusing this law. Now my wife’s family knows all the affair-related matter. My wife left our only solitary daughter to me who is 4 years old having severe "Asthma Disease, depends on INHALER, here political Hide and seek, ducks and drakes and lots of unfair means are going on and the father of the parents (THE FATHER OF THE BOY WHO HAS ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH MY WIFE) are rich, so they are spending money to everywhere with a view to be escaped. Now I decided that in no way I can’t accept that demon wife. I hired a lawyer his name Mr. Kamelash Nandi. I don’t know what will be happened next? It’s an utterly a huge and a palpable offence subsequent to which the boy deserves severe and examplanary punishment so that no one can dare to abuse this law. My mother is a sugar present shies sugar is now 400. If possible please help me. Please investigate the matter thread barely and save me and my family. I leave here one question to every one that in this die-straits situation whom do I take care to myself (TRAGEDY), my daughter, or my mother(severe Diabetic)?. My wife filed another case me U/s. 125 Cr. P. C. Case NO.167/2009, date 16/12/2009.I am millions miles away from the genuine and authentic investigation and inquiry. No inquiry, investigation were executed against the F.I.R lodged by my wife. It is very painful, lamentable as well as heart rendering, breath taking affair to me and my family. My heart bursts into guffaw when I see the nature of the inquiry and investigation. One thing is as clear as crystal to me that the law and the task of the law enforcing agencies vary from man to man. A new proverb is going to take birth very soon that "Justice for the rich and Injustice is for the poor" A rich reserves the right to indulge in any kind of heinous business but the poor is restricted to involve in any type of excellent deeds" To see all these my heart is about to come in the mouth and the ground under my feet gets shook. In a word all types of Law are for the poorest and the richest will enjoy the richest judgments from all quarters.

After coming form the DumDum Central Jail, I mat with the BAGUIATI POLICE O.C. Mr. Goutam Mitra, and asked him politely: “ SIR I FAILED TO UNDERSTAND THAT I MADE SO MANY ENTIRIES INTO YOUR G.D.E. BUT YET NO ACTION SO FAR HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN FORM YOURSELF” then BAGUIATI POLICE O.C. Mr. Goutam Mitra, went through all my papers (20 pcs. Adult S.M.S., Adult picture with the boy, G.D.E, MANY MANY OTHER PAPERS RELATED TO MY CASE and TWO c.d.). After seeing all my papers he told me that I cannot take any action until and unless you lodge a case against all of them.

Then I Prayed to the Ld. C.J.M at Barasat court to lodge the case, against the alleged person. (the payer to the Ld. C.J.M. is enclosed which is self-explanatory) after filing the case the BAGUIATI POLICE O.C. Mr. Goutam Mitra, and I.O. Mr. Prasenta Kumar Das, Mr. Ajay Kumar Ghosh, in stead of taking not any take proper investigation/ not take any action/ not take any type of query to recover my Cash and Gold form the house of Shankar Kumar Samanta, The BAGUIATI POLICE O.C. Mr. Goutam Mitra, and I.O. Mr. Prasenta Kumar Das, Mr. Ajay Kumar Ghosh, took my case as a Golden Goose, and how much money BAGUIATI POLICE O.C. Mr. Goutam Mitra, and I.O. Mr. Prasenta Kumar Das, Mr. Ajay Kumar Ghosh, has taken is well known to them. Neither he took any take proper investigation/ not take any action/not take any type of query nor he did roundup them against my case.

When I saw that already near by 70-80 days went by “ I went to the BAGUIATI P.S. to know the status of the case then BAGUIATI POLICE I.O. Mr. Prasenta Kumar Das, Mr. Ajay Kumar Ghosh, became outraged me and my mother that if you ask about Shankar Kumar Samanta and his family I will sentence you and your family in the Jail, all their languages is so much filthy dirty which I cannot express front of you.
As I’m 100 percent innocent so I screw up my courage to place my grievances to every body in order to get redress. So I want to let my matter informed all the Indian and others. I wrote my matter to our local P.S., Local Councilor, all M.P., M.L.A., Minister in W.B. and Other States, C.M. in W.B., CBI Department, CID Department, S.P. and Dy.S.P.(N.) 24 Parganas, DGP Bhupindar Singh, All the I.P.S. AND I.A.S. OFFICERS. Governor in W.B, and President in India. P.M. in India, National/International Human rights department, AAP KI KACHEHRI – KIRAN KE SAATH, Kolkata Police, and all police officers in W.B. informed Kolkata Commissioner of Police, Manager S.B.I.-Branch: 24B, Nimtala Ghat Street, Jorabagan, Kolkata- 700006, West Bengal, India‎, Bank Ph. No. 033 25308337. My nation, all of the news channels, and all press, Talking with some NGO’s: 1. Universal Right and Duty for Human to Abide URDHA, 2. Human Right Commission’s Mr. Ujjal Paul and Mr. Shibaji Dasgupta. 3. Bhatat Bachao Sangathan BBS. 4. Forum for Social Justice and Development FSJD. 5. Ajjtak News Channel’s Miss Menogya. and many more, (anybody can’t help me/ fight for truth /don’t take proper investigation/do not take any action/don’t take any type of query/ Still Now, I see they all are in sound asleep. The reason is best known to them.
I hope you would care to me, your prompt action shall be highly appreciated and deserves to be lauded.

With kindest regards,
Dipak Kumar Adhikari
Tegharia(Dhali Para), NandanKanan. P.S.: Baguiati.
P.O.: Hatiara. Dist.: North24Parganas.
Kolkata-700059 Email: dipakadhikari_59@yahoo.com
W.B. India. PH. 9836149983

Jul 13, 2010

I, too, had a similar incident with me in Gariahat on the first day of Durgapuja (Sashthi) last year. We had some puja materials purchased from the market and were loading those in our private Tata Sumo when a police man with an arrogance of being omnipotent appeared on the scene to levy a fine of Rs.100/-. In the document, however, the person did not fill in all the information, he was required in the format. Matter was reported to Commissioner of Kolkata Police. A few reminders to him elicited a routine reply of forwarding the same to DC (Traffic). The later after several reminders opined that citizens should obey traffic rules. He, however, could not specify the rule that was violated by me and preferred to be silent on violation on the part of the Police person.Is stopping a vehicle and parking a vehicle synonymous? Can a Police person suddenly declare an area as no parking on his whims when the footpath remains the lawbreakers domain with apparent police support .
User19377

May 10, 2010

Hi!,

I'm writing here not for sake of putting as complaint against Traffic Police - Kolkata or police department, because I know there is no solution to this problem. I am really clueless about whom to say this. People whom we look for help and who are the supposed guardian of law - when they treat us partially and rudely using foul words; where should we go?; what should we do?
On 8th May 2010 me and my mother stopped in front of a laundry shop – in Shibdas Bhaduri Street (Kol – 4) for 1 minute; just to collect our clothes. There were other vehicles (Scooter and a Red Qualis) parked in the same street in same place. Mr. Tapas Pal (GPF No. 40769) didn’t pay heed to any of my pleas that my mother had serious knee injury and it was not possible for her walk all the way from main road and we would just take a minute – in fact we were getting on the car – when he gave us the case under ‘Parking Violation – illegally parked- U/S 122/177 MV ACT’. Not only that he even insulted us on the street using foul words which I don’t even want to write about. May be it was an everyday incident for him – but it was first in my life – I’ve lost all faith in the system – is this how we are treated??? – The normal citizens while the goons roam free looting people? What crime did we - a girl and her aged mother did on that evening do deserve this insult? The money is a small thing compared to the public insult and humiliation.
I really don’t know whom to complain - neither I have contact with any influential people. I just hope that somebody would be kind enough to look into the matter and see that it is not repeated.I just want fair justice.
May be everything is NOT BLACK in this city of joy after all.

Idea - RE: De-Active SIM Card
    Dear Customer, We regret the inconvenience caused to...
    Ferns N Petals - Extremely Late Delivery
    I really wish there was a dislike button for your page! I...
    Idea - Complaint against Idea postpaid connection
    Dear Sir/ Madam, For you kind information, I have MNP...
    Reliance Netconnect - wrong recharge of data pack
    I have recharged my 3g dongle 9018124215 with 1499 data...
    snapdeal - Order Number 2918467358
    HI, I mentioned order id in last complain as well also...
    Hero Moto Corp - Karizma Zmr - Hero Karizma Zmr- Spare Parts
    I have ordered for spare parts for my bike as it met with...
    Airtel Prepaid - Not allowed to call this number
    Earlier I was able to call at 2 numbers i.e....
    280424 - Rakesh
    sir i have add 500 rs in paytm wallet become in process...
    fabfurnish,, FUTON - mattress is horrible according to the price asked
    change my mattress or stop selling products. i have...
    247027 - poor sanitation
    Hi I am Dr.murthy from bharathiyar chawl dharavi...