monginis cake shop

Consumer complaints and reviews about monginis cake shop

ankketap

Apr 21, 2017

service

I had ordered a 1 kg cake costing rupees 910 on 8 April 2017 from Anmol Agencies, Vasai (west). The shop has a big board of free home delivery. However i was told that there is no sufficient staff for delivering the cake. Whereas there was a staff of 4 people standing in the shop with ease. They told me if you pay rs.20 (Auto riksaw fare) theywill come and deliver. I fail to understand that such a big brand is short of funds to deliver of what they say and are asking customers for auto fare is ridiculous. This is really disappointing of the big name - "Monginis". And with this kind of service i wonder how Monginis will sustain.
prince568

Jul 27, 2016

Spoilt Cake

I have purchased pastries for my mom on her birthday but they were sour and spoilt. When i went to shopkeeper he said it is perfectly fine and then he declined to replace it. Dont ever buy cake from parasnagar monginis in ahmedabad.
Meenakshi Kulkarni

Feb 14, 2014

selling old pastries,not listening to customer complaints,no customer satisfaction

Today,i went to buy a fruit pastry as my son always passes by this shop after school at dadar(west)-mumbai...i told the lady to pack the fruit pastry..while i also bought2 swiss rolls..she packed and i paid,and came out to put the parcel in my bag,when i saw that the fruit cutting on the pastry looked wrinkled and not fresh,while i was ordering,there were other pieces on which the fruit cuttings looked fresher,,this one was very dry..what i did was,i came in the shop again and told her,and told her to change the piece..she rudely said no,we dont change,i said but u can clearly see that the fruit pieces look so dry and old than on the other pastries..but she rudely said no,and said,its fresh,and repacked the pastry,but was not ready to change the piece..as my 4 yr old son was standing outside the store,waiting,i avoided gwtting into any arguments..i hav bough several times at the same shop,and once earlier a chocolate pastry had foul smell and was old,i complained the next day and they said,u shud hav brought it back here,the remaining piece..i said of course i threw it away,how m i supposed to know tht..but they dint do anything and still continue to sell old pastries..even this pastry i bought today for Rs.45 was older piece,not fresh as it was stiff.and my son doesnt let anybody taste it..he doesnt understand its bad,he eats it..on top of tht,their rude behaviour,disturbed me a lot..i hav decided not to buy from there again..

Dec 2, 2010

sold a spoilt cake

I have to agree to the above. I too have faced an issue with monginis. I had made an online order for a cake form hyderabad to be delivered to a friend in Bangalore on the 2nd of December 2010. Before placing the order, I called up their mumbai head office to confirm if the delivery would be made on my desired date and time between 2PM and 3PM. The concerned person - Sona Acharya, assured that the delivery would be made as per request and asked me to go ahead and place an online order. After placing the order, I also received an email from Sona Acharya of Monginis, that the order would be delivered on the day requested (2nd December) and at the time requested(between 2PM and 3PM). On the day of delivery, when I did not receive my friends call (thanking me for the cake) I got a little suspicious and called up the mumbai office to confirm delivery. To my shock, Sona Acharya said that the delivery was meant for the next day. I angrily reminded her that she had sent me an email confirming that the delivery would be made on my desired date. She said she would inquire at the bangalore office and get back to me. I waited anxiously but received no call from her. I then frantically called her back but she wouldn't lift my call. I then called up another number at the mumbai office and explained the situation. The person there said she would inquire and call me back. After 15 mins, she did call back and said that the delivery boy was on his way and that he would make the delivery in the next 15 mins. After about an hr. when the delivery was still not made, I called up their office again...I even asked for a refund if the delivery was not made...but to no avail. Sona Acharya never got in touch with me again, nor was I able to speak to her when I called up their office. Everytime another member would take the call and I had to explain the situation all over again.----There are a dozen companies out there that offer online cake delivery service but I chose Monginis thinking that their brand name would ensure safe delivery. But that was not the case.---It clearly shows that Indian companies are still not worthy enough for a customer's trust. They just cant deliver. I lost 800 rupees on a cake that was never delivered and several more rupees on all the STD calls I made.

Nov 16, 2010

sold a spoilt cake

Bought a cake on the 15th of Nov 2010 to celebrate children's day with my nieces and nephews. the cake was crumbly and there were white spots u see when d butter is gone bad. And the shop keeper kept blaming me that it was my mistake....