MTC

Consumer complaints and reviews about MTC

shanmugham

May 5, 2014

CHENNAI MTC GOVERNMENT BUS CONDUCTORS AND DRIVERS IS A LEGAL ROWDIES..,,

PICKPOCKETING AND LOT OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES IS RUN IN CHENNAI MTC BUSES WITH CONDUCTOR AND DRIVERS PERMISSON. CONDUCTOR AND DRIVERS IS COLLECT SOME EXTRA CHARGES (MAMUL) WITH THAT WRONG PEOPLES BUT THE MAKE BLAMING AND RUMORING TO BLACK MAILING INNOCENT PASSENGERS.
shanmugham

May 5, 2014

CHENNAI MTC GOVERNMENT BUS CONDUCTORS AND DRIVERS IS A LEGAL ROWDIES.,

I HAVE TRAVEL DAILY FROM CHENNAI MTC BUSES FOR 20B (MENAMBEDU - BROADWAY),70L (KARUKU - CMBT),D70 (AMBATTUR ESTATE - VELACHERY),22A (AMBATTUR ESTATE - THIRUVANMIYUR),7H (AMBATTUR ESTATE - BROADWAY) AND MANY MORE CHENNAI MTC BUSES. IN EACH BUSES CONDUCTORS AND DRIVERS IS DOING MANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WITH LEGAL. THE USING WRONG PEOPLES FOR INNER BUSES. AND THE DOING PICKPOCKETING, MAKE RUMOUR TO IRRITATING PASSENGER AND INNOCENT PEOPLES, COULD NT GIVE PROPER CHANGES, COLLECT ILLEGALLY FOR SOME EXTRA AMOUNTS TO PASSENGER FOR TELL BUS INFORMATIONS WITH BUS ARRIVING AND MOVING WITH SUBSCRIBED (ILLEGALLY EXTRA AMOUNT PAYING PASSENGERS) PASSENGERS MOBILE PHONES, THE USING BLACK MAILING TO COLLECT EXTRA MONEYS WITH INNOCENT AND UNEDUCATED PASSENGER, INCLUDED THE BLACKMAILING HANDICRAFT, FREE PASS PASSENGERS, AND THE USING ROWDY AND ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES FOR SCHOOL AND COLLEGE GOING FREE PASS STUDENTS. IN MOST OF THE CONDUCTORS AND DRIVERS ARE SEVERE DRINKERS. THE DRIVING WITH HALF DRINK, AND UNPROPER HEALTH THIS ALL ARE AFFECT PASSENGERS. I HAVE TRAVEL IN MTC CHENNAI IN MY CHILDHOOD FOR ABOVE 10 YEARS I HAVE WATCH ALL THE ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES WITH CONDUCTOR AND DRIVERS BUT NO CHANGES THE DO AGAIN AND AGAIN IN 50% CRIMINALS IS BIRTH IN CHENNAI MTC BUSES.
Rasa

Dec 6, 2013

Frequescy in Trasnportation

Dear all

I am resident of Chennai & normally go by MTC buses only
No matter the services are good but their frequencies are not as per scheduled time.

So pl accept this & do the needful by speaking to higher authorities..
arul.kitnan@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2013

AC bus doesn't ply on time

I travel by A21 from Tambaram to Kandanchavadi every now and then.
I have following complaints on the AC bus.
Bus start timings in Tambaram vary day to day - 8:50 AM, 9am, 9:05am. This has resulted in multiple passengers missing the bus on lot of days.
Some conductors don't give small change back. Most of the times, conductor would have the change but he doesn't give.
vivekl

Nov 12, 2013

CHANGE NOT GIVEN BY CONDUCTOR

SIR

THIS IS TO BRING TO YOUR KIND NOTICE THAT TODAY MORNING (12/11/2013) AROUND 09:15 AM I TRAVELED IN V 51 BUS FROM GUINDY TO SADASIVA NAGAR, MADIPAKKAM. WHEN NEARING VELACHERY CHECKPOST BUS STOP CONDUCTOR GAVE ME RS. 13/- TICKET. I GAVE HIM RS. 50/- AND THE CONDUCTOR RETURNED ME ONLY RS. 7/- AND WENT TO HIS PLACE. I THOUGHT HE WOULD GIVE ME REMAINING RS. 30/- LATER, BUT HE DID NOT GIVE. BEFORE I WAS ABOUT TO GET DOWN I INQUIRED ABOUT THE BALANCE, HE ANSWERED RUDELY " WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE THE MONEY?" IT SHOCKED ME AND I SAID YOU DID NOT GIVE ME THE REMAINING RS. 30/-. HE REPEATEDLY ARGUED WITH ME AND DID NOT RETURN THE MONEY & I GOT DOWN AT MY BUS STOP. THE WORST THING IS HE ASKED TO ME TO COME TO TAMBARAM BUS STAND & HE WOULD PROVIDE A BETTER SOLUTION. IS THIS FAIR IN HIS PART?

SOME CONDUCTORS IN SOME BUSES BEHAVE RUDELY AND END UP NOT GIVING THE BALANCE. I NEED THE REMAINING RS. 30/-. HOW DO I GET IT?? I NEED A SOLUTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THE CRI NUMBER OF THE BUS IS CRI 2916.
rgopi

Oct 17, 2013

addendum to my below complaint

i happened to note down the bus number today. it is N 9426, BUS NO M18C, FROM TNAGAR TO KILKATTALAI. Hope the concerned officials do take action.
rgopi

Oct 17, 2013

Conductor's behavior

On the day of ayudha pooja 13/10/13 i boarded the M18C bus from TNAGAR to Keelkatalai at palavanthangal bus stop at 11:30-12:00. The bus was empty and i took a seat in the front row. It is the duty of the conductor to issue tickets but this guy kept glued to his seat for nearly four stops. I kept waving my money at him asking for a ticket, but he was acting blind. I was fed up and decided that if he could not do his job that i am not going to do mine. The moment i was about to get down at Ranga theater stop, he came rushing out to me and asked me for a ticket, i told him i didnt have one and prepared to get down. He started abusing me and asked me to get back into the bus which i did. He started howling at me in a fit of rage for not purchasing one. It seems i was talking on the mobile and i was too busy to buy a ticket, when in fact i never spoke on the mobile. I told him clearly that i was ready with the change and had been waiting for nearly four stops and that he could not bother to issue one. He started speaking more irrationally saying it was not his duty to come up to the passengers to issue one. Finally he issued me one and i threw it down and got down from the bus. My observations are these:
1. The same conductor created a scene in the month of april with another gentleman by ambushing him in the evening hours.
2. He makes a note of passengers who take a seat in the front and ambush the more decent ones and insults them thus getting a cheap gratification out of the same.
3. Most conductors i have travelled with generally at the wave of a hand issue a ticket and some are decent enough to tell us to take a seat while they come to us for a ticket.
4. I had to safeguard myself physically for they are not above hitting passengers and if hit back or spoken back to they under the pretext of being a govt servant stop the bus, and invite the police. The police being the hoodlums they are capitalise on the poor passengers. It spoilt my entire day.

I dont have the guy's name or bus number for i was too speechless to react and these idiots dont wear a name tag or ID number. It is high time there is a crackdown on these guys.
Srinidhi Sampath

Oct 2, 2013

Lost my wallet

Dear Ma'am/Sir,

On 16.09.2013, I took a 29C bus from St.Mary's road to Stella Maris College at 9:00 AM. I lost my wallet in the bus.
My wallet is a dark blue one with a golden border. It is from this brand called Khiora. My wallet contained Dubai Dirhams of denomination 100,50, and 10 and Rs. 1750. In addition to that I had a 50 cent coin, my passport size pictures, and my debit cards from Canara bank and Standard Chartered Bank. I also had my pan card and driving license in it. Please let me know if you have found it. Even if the money is found missing, I would like retain my original id cards. Thank you.

Srinidhi
Virgotjr

Aug 13, 2013

RUDE BEHAVIOUR OF 29C CONDUCTOR

Today my daughter got into 29C nearby Gemini to Stellamaris The Fleet No.TN 01 N 5022 the conductor crossed the limit while my daughter giving Rs 5/- note and 10/- he thrown away on her face with abusive words. The particular conductor giving problem since last 1 year i made several complaints but the fleet no not given while making the complaint.

The Fleet No. TN01 N 5022 29 C date 13/8/13 time 11.20 am

Every time when we face problem immediately sent to the higher authority and not provided the fleet no as while going to the college bitter experience in the bus faces and creates lot of depression in our mind.

Hope this time will take vigorous action against the conductor based on my past complaints which already sent to the higherups
sathishk77

Jul 1, 2013

Medavakkam Timekeeper

I was travelleing in M15 Medavakkam to Adayar / Mandaveli since Jun 2012. Bus departs in the morning from Medavakkam Koot road between 0755-0810 am and many of them depend on this bus. But from the day Timekeeper was kept on duty he allows this M15 to depart only at 0845 am. Even if this bus comes at 0745 am he makes them to leave only at 0845 and this timing does not suit office people. Each daye we have people arguing with this timekkeeper to allow this bus to depart in peak time but he is so arrogant asking people to find alternate way to go. We have M15 departing at 0730 am and it is very bad next bus is only at 0845 am. I hope somebody is listening.
D.Ramesh

Chennai.

Sub: Route No:C51
Fleet No : CRI 1947
TN – 01-N- 1711

I wish to bring to your notice that, I am passenger of MTC for the past 5 years residing at Thiruvanmiur. On 18/5/13 around 4.30pm while I was walking inside the bus stand in west Tambaram near vasanthabhavan to board the bus C51 which was already standing inside the bus stand. At that time the above mentioned bus was entering very rashly and wrong side to the bus stand. ( usually all the buses will enter inside through the first left and exit through the other side.) This bus was entered through the other side, behind of me very rashly and almost I would have hit and fell down but luckily by God grace I was escaped.

Sir, I just asked the driver “why are you driving like this?” he said “ if you walk on the middle of the road, will happen like this” and he used some derogatory words. But I knew, I was walking very carefully and he only came through the wrong side and rashly.

Sir, I believe, because of driver like him, many accidents take place. So I request you to take the necessary action on him, so that he will learn the road discipline and how to use the Government property on the road, and I hope the same.

Yours truly,
D.Ramesh
Arun R

May 8, 2013

Coductor Bad behaviour

I am working in Sipcot IT park(Siruseri),
I and my friend boarded MTC Bus 21H(TN 01 Z-8219) on may 08 2013 about 8.15 PM at Sipcot Entrance. we took the back seat and the conductor came we took two 13Rs ticket and we gave Rs 100. The conductor simply gave the ticket without giving the remaining change of 74Rs. I thought he will give the remaining change after some time. But at the time when we are getting down from the bus nearing to karappakkam we asked the change. But the conductor responded with bad words(gotha,saniyan and many harsh words relating to my family)and finally he give the change that to he didn't give the change in hand some money dropped to bus floor.
We can't able to get the name of conductor in short time.
Bus No : 21H
Bus RegNo : TN 01 Z-8219
Date: 08 - 05 - 2013
Time : Around 8.15 pm in Sipcot Entrance

I am really frustrated and Disturbed the way of behaviour of the conductor to me.

Please Identify the conductor and take Neccessary action on him.

Otherwise he will behave like this to all Passengers

Arun R
nssv09

Apr 10, 2013

RUDE BEHAVIOR OF THE CONDUCTOR

I TOOK A BUS ROUTE NO. 29 C TN01 N4182 AT ADAYAR MALAR HOSPITAL STOPPING.
THE CONDUCTOR OF THE BUS ASKED ME FOR THE TICKET. I SHOWED HIM RS. 50/-
TICKET (NO. NE03 0195185) WHICH I HAVE TAKEN AT TIRUPORUR IN THE MORNING.
BUT THE CONDUCTOR STARTED ABUSING ME AND FORCIBLY THROWN MY TICKET ON MY HAND.
THE BEHAVING WAS RUDE AND ROUGH. KINDLY CALL AND INQUIRE THE CONDUCTOR. THIS SHOULD NOT
BE HAPPENED TO ANY OTHER PERSON

bba_happy

Apr 5, 2013

IRRESPONS REPLY FROM CON AND DRIVER

SIR
I WAITED AT MAMALLAPURAM FOR 515 BUS BY 8.15PM ON 04.04.13 AND ONE BUS CAME TO BAJANAIKOIL STOPING (TN01N8471-TAI2474) AND ASKED DRIVER TO STOP THE BUS HE STOPED THE BUS AND HE DID NOT OPEN THE FROUNT DOOR I REQ HIM TO OPEN IT AND HE REPLD IRRESPONSLY GO AND GET IN THROUGH BACK DOOR
AND ONE MORE THING FROM KELAMBAKKAM KOOTROAD TO BUTTERFLY HE SPEAKING MOBILE WHILE DRIVING

PLS TAKE ACTION
yogeshv

Mar 30, 2013

Complaint about misbehavior of a conductor TN 01N7962

Dear Director,
Complaint about misbehavior of a conductor.
Route: 5A
From: T Nagar –
To:Tambaram
Bus no. : TN 01-7962
Timing: exact 7.30pm .
This is for your information and immediate action that while I was travelling by bus No.SPI 216, route no.5A on the date 30/3/2013 (saturday), the conductor of the bus misbehaved in most insulting manner.
It is highly objectionable for a public servant to behave like this. I would, therefore, request you to make an enquire and see that the conductor is given some suitable warning and punishment.
The conductor had refused to give his token number but his name can be verified from the record kept with you.
yogesh
BAlex

Mar 3, 2013

Penatly Ticket

I was on a bus numbered 47D from Anna Nagar West to Sterling Road. I got off at Sterling Road and there was an inspector outside. He asked me to show my ticket and I showed him my Rs. 1000 Pass. Now my pass was a valid pass but I had not entered my name or my address and I never did fill in cos nobody insists that I should and besides, there is an identification number that proves this is a valid pass. He charged me Rs. 100 as a penalty for not filling my name! Has anybody ever heard of this? Is this even correct? This occurred on 4th March 2013 between 08:20 - 08:30 a.m. at Sterling Road.
Neethi

Feb 1, 2013

No bus to Indira nagar, Adyar

I am a student studying at The Institute Of Hotel Management, Taramani. I am residing at Besant Nagar and I used to take the 6D or 21D and get down at Indira Nagar and cross the bridge to reach my institution. However, since 30.01.2013, the bus routes have been diverted and not proceeding to Indira Nagar at all. Instead, the buses turn left from Adyar depot and proceed straight to Thiruvanmiyur bus depot. As such there are no direct buses from Besant Nagar to Taramani where there are some important Govt.offices situated like "The Bureau of Indian Standards", "The MGR Film and Television Institute", "The Institute of Hotel Management and Applied Nutrition". How does an indidvidual reach these institutions without transport. The lack of MTC buses gives an opportunity to the autos plying to fleece the commuters. Will the MTC authorities look into the matter and take action with utmost urgency and help hapless students like me?
reenaragu

Jan 20, 2013

DELAY IN TICKET

On 20th JAN 2013,at 2.40PM, I got into 15G bus and i saw a seat n so i sat ther,there was no rush n so i thought the condutor will com n gv me d ticket. But d conductor did not com,i was sitting in the first row n so i passed RS.5 to get a ticket to N.S.K NAGAR from YWCA but at that time the TTR came n i didnt get d ticket yet,so he asked me to pay fine RS.500. I refused to pay n i told him dat i passed d money bt i didnt get d ticket yet. He didnt hear my words,he asked me to get down frm d bus n pay the penalty, Some of d passengrs supported me bt, the TTR asked them to keep quiet.Then i paid him RS.50 n he gave him a ticket n then i left that place.I was very much disturbed from wt had happened n i walked all the way from DASAPRAKASH to N.S.K NAGAR.
sindhu bharathi

Jan 4, 2013

providing change

I usually take a bus to move to my office in the morning hours. Today a s usual i got into a bus. My office is just a stop from where i start. The ticket charge is seven rupees. I will always keep the correct change. Else i will give 10 rupees and a change of 2 rupees so that it will be easy for the conductor to provide the excess amount. This day i gave him 10 rupees. The conductor was so harsh that he told that whoever gets down at next stop provide seven rupees change. I gave him 2 rupees in addition thinking that he will give back 5 rupees. He spoke very rude that he wont give me change and that i have to give him the correct amount. HE spoke words like, is this a place for providing change, You people come daily in bus and dont you know that you have to give change and that he cant give the change asked me get down from bus. Is this the right way to speak to passengers. He would have atleast said politely. But behaving that much rude to passengers is not fair. Bus no is C51 and took bus at shilinganallur at 11. I dont know the conductor name.
mechrocks

Dec 24, 2012

irresponse

wost bus service we don't want mtc bus wast mtc to down no proper response to passengers poor customer service TN 01 n 9077 vyi 2716 wost bus service in my life
B Manoj Padiath

Dec 12, 2012

RUDE BEHAVIOUR OF BUS CONDUCTOR OF MTC BUS

The below described incident is something like a nightmare for any respectable citizen of India, where no words can console this kind of rude behavior of a bus conductor of an esteemed organization like Metropolitan Transport Corporation, I am writing this letter with sadness and despair in my soul that happened on that day and should never happen in my life and also I pray to almighty that it should not happen to anybody else.

On Friday 07-12-12 early morning at around 05:30 AM approx. as usual on my way to work I had boarded a bus from Porur with display board as 154 (154 and there was some alphabet added to it I could not remember) and the registration number is TN07 N9941 (PMG 0076), it neared the bus stop with a high speed and there were 3 passenger at the rear entry to board the bus and even before the third passenger could enter the bus, the bus conductor had blown the whistle and the bus took off once again at a high speed, this takes place as usual so there isn’t anything we can do about this.

Once I entered the bus I took out my Pass (1000Rs) and said “PASS” but he (conductor)in his seat was facing towards the direction of the bus driver and somehow I thought that he had heard me because I saw him shaking his head, after that I searched to have a seat and noticed that the bus was completely soaked with water including the seat also, may be they might have washed the bus, so I searched for a seat without any traces of water, this led me to the front side of the bus, at the back of driver’s seat, but I could not sit because all the seats were drenched with water, most of the few commuters were in standing position, suddenly I saw the bus conductor near me, he had issued few tickets to some of the commuter’s over there and there was person sitting at front seat of the bus, he enquired him if he had taken a ticket and he in return he saluted the conductor that means he is a staff and after that he came over to me and demanded ticket, I took out my Rs1000 pass and displayed to him, he stared at me for a while after that he started abusing me with all kind of Vulgar words in Tamil ,first I could not understand for what he was using these kind of Vulgar words because I never had gone through such kind of words which is quite new for me, then through his hoarse ill-mannered sound I could understand him that I had not told him while entering the bus that I had a pass, for this I pleaded him that while entering I had told him that I was holding the pass and also told him that I have got a pass, the only decent word he said was that “you fool you should ensure that I have heard it then only you should take your bloody seat”, he hurled at me a lot of Vulgar words, I was in a state of shock and shame, After that he went back to his conductor seat and again he started abusing me with all kinds of Vulgar words, Initially I kept quit thinking that maybe he could have had any bad experience in this case of displaying the pass and kept quiet, he taking my advantage of my silence started to abuse me even more from his seat, so I could not bear this and only thing I told was “ Mister please mind your words” for that he came running towards me swinging his right hand to hit me, I thought that I am finished because I am on medication and not in position to get a thrash from his hand, I could even lose my life, but luckily I was not thrashed but instead the words which he used is something that I could never forget till death in disparate I even thought that instead of vulgar word he could have thrashed me. Some of the words ( he used several Vulgar words due to fear and shame I could not remember) he used in Tamil was thevadia paiya (bastard), Porambokku, Mire and also asked “Are you collectors son this and that, nobody in the bus uttered any word to defend me fearing that they could also be abused or maybe they might have thought that it is not their business and the driver in the bus was supporting him, that naturally happens its departmental love, some people (driver) are blind when they had to justify what is good or bad, when they had to take a decision for their counterpart, (even though when they know that their fellow man is doing wrong) after that he abused me now and then whenever I accidently looked at him till I got down at Guindy.
From the above incident I could not understand what wrong I had done to be ill-treated in a such a way by an esteemed company ‘s government servant and one person who got down at Guindy with me consoled me and said this happens now and then, don’t take this seriously just think it as a bad dream and forget this and where ever you complain nobody is going to take any action, they are on duty government staff and they do whatever they like even police support them only, you are lucky that he (driver) did not thrash you, but I was dumbfound by his words and thought, “is this the plight of every common man who lives in a democratic country to be pampered by someone, where we have voices of human rights at each every corner whenever there is any injustice done.

I could remember that I was not the only person who was at the front side of the bus, even there were commuters whom he had issued ticket, I was thinking for what reason I had to suffer such a bad treatment, if I was travelling without ticket or I tried to cheat the conductor or misbehaved with him I would have calmed down myself, finally when I discussed with my friends who used the pass concluded that they also had the same experience but not that harsh as mine, they disclosed that nothing was wrong with you, it was the pass (1000Rs) which made you to humiliate in the bus, most of the conductors are irritated when they see the Pass.
I am was quite puzzled after knowing the reason and also I could recall at some instance I had observed that after displaying the pass some of the conductors were not happy. If this is the reason for the calamity, then what can be done regarding this kind of rude behavior meted out to commuters who hold the Pass, only the MTC higher official should decide and educate the bus conductors to change their attitude and take strict action on those who harass the commuters. We the Pass holders does not get this free of cost we have to shed one tenth or more/less of our hard earned money to buy this, which is also included to the annual budget of MTC yearly turn over, where the profit are enjoyed by the MTC staff as Bonus. I strictly condemn this act of the conductor and request all the concerned MTC higher official to take a strict action on him, this is not the end of the saga, I will continue this and will take all the necessary step deemed fit if no action is taken, till justification is done.

Dec 10, 2012

Rude Behavior of the conductor

Sir, I am working in TCS. I was travelling from velachery to sholinganallur in (m119) guindy to chemmanchery bus.
I boarded at velachery. Ticket checking person who checked for the ticket at S.R.P Tools busstop asked me for the ticket. I showed him the monthly concession pass(Rs. 1000) and my Identity card. But he did not accept it. He also forced me to pay fine of Rs. 100. He gave me a reason that my handwriting written in the pass was not as clear to read. So he insulted me infront of the passengers. Authorities of MTC please take the necessary action against the person. The number of fine ticket is 053875

Dec 4, 2012

Frequency of bus

The Bus frequency from Medavakkam to Tambaram West is really very low. Due to this I have to wait for nearly more than half an hour for M21 or C51 to reach Tambaram West and hence couldn't reach my office at proper time. There are a lots of frequency for T51 buses which goes only til East Tambaram... If few of those buses where directed to West Tambaram too then it would be very much helpful for the passengers to get the bus without any problem.

I kindly request the authority people to take a note of it and help us passengers for our travel.

Thank You.
isabellamary

Sep 26, 2012

torturing Public

I travelled by 17M bus. The conductor and the driver the was very rude. They irritates the ppl and commanding them AND THIER BEHAVIOUR WAS WORSE. If somebody asks them, they stop the bus and fight with them. Being a government servent, they should not behave like this with public. It hurts many ppl. I request MTC transport depart to take action on these kind of drivers and conductors. Also can teach them how to behave with public, probably give them SOFT SKILL TRAINING.

Sep 21, 2012

Stupid Services

Nothing is there talk about MTC TN Government

Very Stupid and Worst and Useless city compared with other bus services in the world

Billdesk - Unsuccessful payment to LIC
    I made online payment of Rs.7621.00 to my lic policy...
    sionline - company datail
    Sir i pay sionline 999 ruppes online payment.but massage...
    South city 2 - Monkey menace
    10-12 monkeys are a threat to children and elderly in G...
    Micromax Canvas a311 - phone gets automatically switched off
    My micromax A311 automatically getting switched...
    VVMC - gadder M/H open
    Dear , gadder open near addition SP office (Ridhi...
    Allahabad Bank - LIMIT KE SAMBANDH ME
    श्रीमान जी आप को सादर...
    shopclues.com - Duplicate product of Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime
    I purchased Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime and my order number is...
    HMSI - activa scootter front wheel hub complaint
    Respected sir, Good afternoon.. I am one of the honda...
    htc mobile phone - UnProfessional Response From HTC Service Centre
    I have given my HTC ONE M8 to service centre on 25th of...
    Godrej - no service provided
    very poor service and response