Mumbai Local Trains

Consumer complaints and reviews about Mumbai Local Trains

Dinesh Veera

Sep 19, 2016

denial of 4th seat in 2nd class compartment

i would like to know the legality of asking for the 4 th seat in second class local train compartment . i was denied for it in a thane bound local at parel on 18 sep 2016.
OJAS FARIA

Sep 17, 2016

Corrupt T.C

This incident happened to me today, my first class local pass got over two days back due to holiday it slipped out of my mind and at Khar stn. T.C asked to me to pay the fine which I readily agreed but T.C took the money but refused to give me the receipt they were 3 T.Cs but denied to give the receipt, my request is to take strict action against such corrupt T.Cs and they just stand at platform and doesn't check the first class compartment where the real offenders are , and I request to double their daily targets so that the high salary paid T.Cs do some work
OJAS FARIA
9819003353
Ad2015

Sep 12, 2016

People traveling in first class with no tickets spitting tobacco everywhere

Sir, I humbly request you to check for tickets inside the train going from Shahad. And I'm talking about slow trains the 6:24 and 6:42 ones in the morning. A lot of students occupy the seats and so old people don't get to sit till thane. We understand that they are minor and we can't really take any action against them but I have observed more and more students to fill the first class. Ticket checkers never really come inside the train to check. My ticket got checked once in 3 months. This is a good system then even I shall get a second class pass and get off at station like nahur or something where i know for sure it won't. Checked n go in second class for the next two station. I urge you to look into the matter as it's becoming increasingly difficult to handle such people.
kiransanap

Sep 12, 2016

stolen of office bag

Sir aaj meri office bag dt 12. 09.2016 chori ho gai hai sir usme id cards pan card aaddar car pass book check book or amount bhi the sir train timing from cst 7.17pm badlapur train or meri bag cst to dadar ke bhich gayi hai sir pls help me sir. Maine badlapur rpf me complaint ki hai mr. Pandav karke the unone kha ki dadadadar me nc karo cst me bhi check karo. Pls mera no. 9833644355,,9619702211 kiran sanap vangani
R123eshma

Sep 11, 2016

Service beyond Jogeshwari

I am a daily commuter and local on Mumbai city. I have heard and read a lot about the initiatives railways have taken to improvise the functioning of railways and upgrading the system and I really appreciate the fact.

It is my request to you, in morning time 8.30 am to 10.30 am , please hault all borivali fast trains after Andheri at Jogeshwari , goregaon and Malad stations. Because major of the offices are on western line of mumbai local railaway. this haults will relief rush of the slow track.

Reshma Shinde
rajesh 1212121212121212212121

Sep 9, 2016

photography in andheri station

today i saw a person takin pictures of every details of andheri station platform no.7 at 10:17 of platforms,bridges,tracks all the way they were in the coach near to the stairs of platform so please look into the matter
Mohan Kathe

Sep 8, 2016

Trains almost never on time (8 to 12 minutes delay day in and day out

Do you really want us to be proud of western suburban railway that runs late almost everyday? Any reason to defend the cause? Eunuch es keep coming in the second class compartment and beg. Is it legal to allow eunuch, beggars and salesman to allow in the train? Speaker install in the Train for an advertisement purpose? Loud voice.. To improve your service I advise you to visit Metro train. How clean and neat, no beggar, no eunuch, and trains on time. Can you please bring trains on time before I take this issue to legal legitimate? I will challenge this in the court of law and that any train delay the western railway has to pay heavy fine to the government as you play with the life of the commuter. Trust me this is a very serious issue. Please bring trains on time. Any delay by any chance please make clear announcement.
Mukesh Shahi

Sep 1, 2016

Dìrty in handicap coach

I am handicap person I travel by train In harbour line from cs to panvel I found dirty on seat
Done by drug addiction so kindly do not allowed them
To travel in this coach
Sidharthan Parakkal

Aug 30, 2016

Request for replacement of the seats which were removed by your authorities from the General Compartments of the Local trains.

We, the commuters of Central Railway, wish to bring to your kind notice that some of the seats which were removed by your authorities from the General compartments of few local trains and due to which the commuters will be facing difficulties, inconveniences and hardships as they have to travel by standing for a long time between Ambernath and C.S.T. Railway station.

We would also like to inform that the idea of removing some of the seats from the general compartments by your authorities would not solve the purpose of getting more space for standing thereby accommodating more commuters than the previous system. As you may not be aware that the commuters coming from long distance used to travel by sitting and they will offer their seats at Thane or Ghatkopar stations to the other passengers those who are standing for a longtime and by this way they are getting some kind of relief. If you remove the seats from the general compartments of the local trains many passengers will have to travel by standing. Needless to say that nearly 20% of the commuters are sometimes sick or injured and there is also psychological tension. They are also getting more inconveniences while travelling by standing. We humbly request the Railway Authorities not to make any inconveniences to the passengers by removing the seats, as they are travelling in the local trains daily by paying hefty amounts towards their monthly / quarterly passes.

We once again request your goodselves to kindly look into the matter and arrange to replace/fix the seats which railway authorities have removed from the General Compartments and ensure to continue according to the old system to enable the commuters to travel without any inconvenience.
We hope you will do the needful in the matter to avoid the difficulties facing by the passengers.

Thanking you in anticipation,

P. A Sidharthan
Pranjal52

Aug 25, 2016

Central lines Local Train

This is regarding the incidence happened on Mulund Sation ,

While waiting for 9.59 Thane Fast local at platform no.4 , a fast train non-stopping at Mulund ( 10.50 semi fast fast local at Thane station changing from slow to fast track at Mulund ) from last bogie anti social people try to hit the ladies waiting ahead for the Thane train. . Today a lady of 50yrs was hit by the person from last door of the train on her leg and collapsed on the platform. She was not able to stand properly after the hit.
The same incidence once hit a girl on her ear making a wound on her ear and bleeding when hit by the person from the same train.

It is surprised that inspite of Cameras installed at each station platform such anti social people are not arrested and no Rail guard is taking action against this.

Therefore requested to deploy guards in the period from 9.30 to 10.30 at Platform no.4 to arrest such people.

Thanks. Hope immediate action will be taken.

S.N.Khatal

Mulundkar
sushri

Aug 24, 2016

heavy rush

Sir this is my 2nd request letter. As i mentioned before that there should be regular checking in 1st class . But nobody bother about it. Though Am travelling in 1st class . Am travelling from Airoli-Panvel train regularly thinking that today there would be no rush. but it same as travelling in 2nd class. Most of the students are travelling in 1st class compartment at morning as well as in the evening. And other commuters also come. It is my request from you that you should send ticket checker regularly. thank u sir.
Mehboob4

Aug 21, 2016

Commuter block seat even if there is place they dont allow us to seat

I commute from nallasopara to dadar daily but due to rush from nallasopara i make return journey from virar to dadar and even after there is seat in the coaches the group in the coaches does not allow to seat.Kindly look into the matter.Can we deploy RPF during peak hours in the coaches during peak hours so it can help to get the place who come first in the coaches.Once train is halted at nallasopara the police can come at atleast check that commuters are not reserving seat for their friends who take the train from viral.
Gobind Sabhagani

Aug 16, 2016

ATVM M/c not available for commuters

ATVM machines are never available for commuters as all working machines are occupied by some people selling tickets & earning 5℅ income on it. Half the M/cs are always out of order & remaining half occupied by these people, then why should computers buy smart cards.
nitinbhangale@rediffmail.com

Aug 16, 2016

all fan not running due to corruption

Sir I am sitting in 9.10 am. Train . Middle first class. Railway removed old good fan and installed new fan kelco. Hopeless fan. Not through. Air. All people greased by you.. all first class holder give more money to you for not to purchase unbranded fans. And not for corruption. Please provode value of each fan and purchase date. Have u installed kelco AC in your office. In thane vashi train suffered all people from last 3months. No value your degree. Please suspend ministers . Regards. Nitin7710062385. I will send photos next time also send executive. You are operated with the help of cores rupees software . You no need to more time to fan purchase bill.
oooooo

Aug 7, 2016

Not allowing to enter the train

Local Fast Train from Dombivli it is 9.04a.m to CST, Last Ladies second compartrment ladies are so much pathetic that they are literally pushing us, when we are entering the train they are making so much excuse & tell us not to travel if u cannot enter the train & using bad words, we are literally out from the door itself but they are not giving space to stand properly, one of us today is like she will fall from train. Kindly do something only this train Ladies are doing like this always.

Domblivalikar
jvlandge@rediffmail.com

Aug 6, 2016

LOCAL TRAIN NON MAINTAINANCE

PANVEL TO CST HARBOR LINE LOCAL TRAINS ARE NOT MAINTAINED. THE MAJOR PROBLEMS ARE :

1) MANY WINDOWS CANNOT BE CLOSED DUE TO CORROSION.. IN RAINY SEASON MANY LADIES SUFFERED DUE TO LIKAGE IN TRAINS.

2) THE SLITS OF SEATS ARE FULL OF BUGS. ALL LADIES ARE SUFFERING FROM BUG BYTES. IT IS VERY EMBARRASSING WHO TO TELL. PEST CONTROL SHOULD BE DONE FREQUENTLY IN LOCALS .

3) THE HANDLES WHICH ARE SUPPORT FOR STANDING LADIES ARE ON VERY HIGH HEIGHT THAT MANY OF THE LADIES CANNOT HOLD DUE TO LESS HEIGHT.

4) LESS FREQUENCY OF TRAINS ON HARBOR LINE, SO VERY CROWDED , DAILY TRAVELLING WOMEN FEEL SO TIRED AND SUFFERS FROM LOT OF HEALTH PROBLEMS. ITS HUMAN RESOURCE DEVALUATION.
d47

Aug 2, 2016

Pregnant women in Handicap coach

When a pregnant women is allowed to travel in handicap coach?
Coach has a instruction notice on it but its not clear what last phase means?
Is it 7 to 9 months or just the 9th month when rarely somebody travels.
Or is it that you think that women in earlier months can endure the pain of covering the journey by standing in crowded coaches?
One of my friends entered in handicap coach and the guard told her that she is not allowed?why?She is in her 7th month of pregnancy and She even has a 1st class travel pass.
Why isn't she allowed in handicap coach?
Shouldn't the last phase mean last trimester of pregnancy?
Or why don't you mark seats in first class/second class for such women?So that they do not have to beg to irate commuters for a place to sit.
sushri

Jul 31, 2016

2nd class commuters block 1st class compartment

SIR, IAM SUREKHA Iam regular traveler from Airoli... I took 1st class ticket because there is so much rush in 2nd class ,,and not even then will enter us to a compartment... and they make a mess over there. So I took 1st class thinking that I will travel comfortable...But the reality is those who travels in 2nd class forcibly come to 1st class and they don't even make us to stand..then what is the use of taking 1st class? Before taking 1st class somebody told that there is regular checking in the 1st class compartment. Funniest thing is Am travelling from 3 months...there is no checking at alll...,then what is the use? ticket checkers are simply standing at the station and checking the people who really have their tickets.... so there is no need of checking especially in 1st class? so sir it is my request please there should be regular checking especially in 1st class.... so that we people can travel easily... thank u....surekha from Airoli
Paroganesh

Jul 22, 2016

harbor line trains

The new train time table is implemented, we thought it will ease out the commuters, but it has become worse. Morning from Panvel to CST we have a train at 07.02 am and the next train to CST is at 7.19am. almost a gap of 17 mins. Is this feasible? we request the authorities to start a train in between 07.02 and 07.19am.

we require Panvel Kurla trains to ease out the crowd specially during peak hours.

We require semi fast trains from Panvel to CST to reduce the traveling distance of 1h 17 mins. its difficult to travel so long. Atleast from Vashi to Panvel, we can start semi fast trains.

Most important is reduce the travel distance. Why are we harborline commuters getting step treatment? our trains are filthy, with paan stains and no cleaniless. No ticket checkers during peak hours. All second class commuters enter the first class and they are confident that there are no ticket checkers.
AS1605

Jul 21, 2016

Huge gap between train timings

I travel every day from Mumbra to CST. I have to report at 8.30 am to work. So I have to catch a local around 7.15. There is a wide gap of 13 minutes between 7.09 am CST local and 7.22 CST local. If I happen to miss by mistake 7.09 am my whole schedule goes haywire. Will you please add two CST bound locals between 7.09 and 7.22. Appreciate a response on the same.
PY199

Jul 12, 2016

A Voice of Student

I regularly travel from Borivali to mira road but problem is about getting a train in which l can stand. At 8-9 pm the train which start from Borivali is being compact in first classes coach also.l am sure that many second class commuter gets in 1st class due to which l am unable to at least stand. Due to this issue it takes almost 1-2 hours after I reach at my home. I request that please make sure about TC to check this problem. I also have to study and because of this struggle I really get tired. I hope that railway department please make sure about student and please take some action!!!!! THANK YOU!!!
rakeshbhawna

Jun 30, 2016

Local train

I am a regular travelling from virar to chembur as i have noticed that the ticket checking staff are not available to check the tickets in the first class in peak hours and because of it the the people &( baggers) are taking the best advantage to travel in first class. we pay to railways three time more money compare to ordinary fair and suffered a lots, than whats the used to spend such money to railway.I would request to department to take the necessary initiative for this or may be suggest the following.

Make a full compartment rather than a half.
Ensure the availability of TT at all the station during peak hours.
Proper announcement must be there in the regarding the travelling on proper ticket.
Please ensure your best complaiance.

Regrds,

Rakesh
9320983371
Gurujala Abhilash

Jun 25, 2016

Loss of carry bag

Dear Sir/ Maa'm,

I have lost my carry bag in the local train travelling from Dadar to Kanjurmarg on 25 June 2016 at 5.06 am.

There were Official documents/Booklet and Id card in it.

Request you to contact me on below contact no. in case it is found.

AD no. 42722487

Khushboo9228

Jun 21, 2016

NO Checking of Pass in FIrst Class

Dear Concern,

i have list of complaints, please go through these:

1. I travel from Titwala to Kurla, every morning trains are running late.
2. Second class crowd travel in First Class resulting into lack of place for even standing. i dont have any problem with people travelling any where in train but it becomes frustrating sometimes when u dont get to enter because the compartment is already occupied with other non ticket travellers, which cause delay in reaching to destination
3. less number of frequency from kurla to Kasara side, we have to wait for half an hour if one train is missed.
4. please its a request extend first class Ladies Compartment. its really getting over crowded.
5. reserving of seats for friends who are not in the comparment currently, but will board in later at next station.

Hope you shall take this matter as this is been repeated many time.
sheetalberika

Jun 10, 2016

unothoried commtuer travelling in firstclass

Respected,
Sir / madam,
I am a regular travelling from Kurla to chembur as i have noticed that the ticket checking staff are not available to check the tickets in the first class and because of it the the people &( baggers) are taking the best advantage to travel in first class. we pay to railways three time more money compair to ordinary fair and suffered a lots, than whats the used to spend more money to railway.I would request to department to take the necessary initiative for this.

sheetal berika
9819126129

Bajaj Allainz - not settle the claim
    not settle the claim To, Bajaj Allianz insurance...
    OBC Certificate Issue - Problem in required document to apply for the caste...
    Sir, I have to apply for obc certificate which requires...
    VOLKSWAGEN - battery Dead
    I have a Polo Highline Diesel 2014 model. All of a sudden...
    Maharashtra E-Scholarship Site - Regarding OTP
    I am registering as a new student but i am not getting OTP...
    Coolpad dazen 1 - Not support Jio Sim 4g
    Dear Sir ,I purched COOLPAD dazen1 4G LTE mobile but its...
    EESL Street light - Eesl street light not working.
    I am a resident of B1 block, Janakpuri, New Delhi Few...
    AGRICULTURE CROP LOAN - NOT RECEIVED RYTHU RUNA MAFI
    Respected Sir I am Karanam.Appala Naidu ,the resident of...
    Ibps - select NO instead of YES(local lang.)
    sir/Madam, I have selected NO for the local language...
    Logan Sports Model - Missing of HSRP , No. CH01 AD 2825
    I Manjit Singh, residing at # 273, Sector 22-A, Chandigarh...