niit

Consumer complaints and reviews about niit

nibedita

Jun 7, 2012

have been cheated regarding my course

dear sir/madam,

i'm student of niit. i joined niit on april. it has been been almost 2 months that i'm studying there. during the time of admission i went there to study bsc.it . but the tecaher-in-charge told me it will be better if i go for gniit rather than bsc.it. because both of the courses are same and you can get better placement chances if you go for gniit. do hearing this, i got admitted for gniit. at that time i was a student who had just given her h.s. board exams.this was a incident of about 2 months ago from now.after 2 almost months,i got my h.s. result and was busy applying for my college admission. one fine day the same teacher-in-charge called up my father took him to his office and said that we need to submit an amount of 50,000 rupees in order to upgrade my course. the teacher-in-charge explained my father about the upgradation thing n many other things related to that. my father returned home and asked me about this matter and what to do now. i was a bit confused about this upgradation thing. the next day i directly went to talk wid the teacher-in-charge. he explained me that i'm enrolled for bsc.it, and i should now upgrade it to gniit which would grant me 1 year work experience plus a sure job. he also said that doing bsc.it may or may not fetch me a job from ther centre. i was confused at hearing this cause i was told at first that, i had been admitted for gniit only. and my studies have already strarted according to that.and now after 2 months later, he is telling me i'm not for gniit i'm for bsc.it !!!
i didn't knew what to tell him at first as i was shocked. later when i regained my consciousness, i told him that i got admitted for gniit only and not for bsc.it. there must be some mistake as i'm paying the whole fees of about 129000 rupees which is the actual course fees for gniit but for bsc.it it costs only 76000 rupees. but the teacher-in-charge told me that you have to pay 50,000 rupees if you want to get a good job. well i knewed that jobs are based on the qualification of a student not on the amount he's paying. but here it got proved the opposite of it.
sir, its impossible for me to pay 50,000 rupees just within a week. i'm confused. i don't know what to do know. my dreams and my career plans are ruined. i also got one information the job they provide is of low salary and of no value.they only comprises of call centre jobs and nothing better than that. moreover, the certificates they provide are also fake ones. this centers think us as money minting machines, and something that will fulfill there everyday money demand.
thus i'm a lodging a complain against this private sectors and requesting you to take necessary step against this. and i will be helpful if you kindly suggest me something regarding this.

Nibedita.

test
User19317

May 10, 2011

Dear Madhurima,

Based upon the discussions and further actions taken regarding your feedback, your issues are now resolved.

Wishing you a successful career!

For NIIT Limited

Apr 25, 2011

Sir/Madam,

With due respect I would like to bring to your kind notification that the NIIT centers located at Kolkata (primarily the Gariahat centre) are playing havoc with the student’s career by tempting them with huge amount of good hopes during their admission and at last shattering all their dreams as they are unable to provide a single job opportunity in a reputed IT organization.

Sorry to say but I'm one of the victims of such foul play.

I have completed ANIIT(2yrs diploma course in IT) from NIIT Gariahat center,Kolkata in December 2010.

Our Placement Head, Smt.Anupama Basak who is supposed to play a responsible role in the recruitment process is simply playing foul with our careers.
From January to till date she has managed to provide job opportunities in the below mentioned companies:
· Xeena technologies, Dumdum cantonment
· IIM in Saltlake sector 1
· Some company near South city mall,Kolkata.
· ITC infotech ( I have cleared the aptitude but unable to crack the interview)

To our utter dismay, 3 out of the 4 companies were either computer training centers or very small companies.
Since we are fresher we have approached Miss Basak to give us a heads on the profile of these companies. Unfortunately she has no knowledge on the profile of the companies, about the prospect in those companies as well as she even refused to tell us the salaries in those companies.

As I did not get any proper information from her about those companies, I tried to find out the company profile from the internet and unfortunately there also I did not get any proper information as those companies do not even have a proper website and for some I did not find any e-link references at all from Google.

Now the turning point came when I refused to attend the interviews in the aforesaid companies(except ITC). Smt.Anupama Basak burst out in anger and told me that I am very much choosy in job selection and also threatened me that she will look into the matter so that I am unable to appear in any further interviews. She has also communicated that top companies like IBM, CTS, Infosys has recruited students from our centre but my profile did not match which is an utter nonsense. She even promised to schedule a face-to-face discussion with my parents regarding this but that day never came. Whenever we tried to reach her over phone, either she did not take the call or simply says that she is out-of-office which reflects her deliberate attitude of running away from her responsibilities.

I just want to know is this the kind of behaviour expected from a placement head?
What is the point in giving huge course fees in return to which we are rewarded with a doomed career?
I dont think this is a justice with the students and their parents.

Hope you understand the pulse of this mail. It will be highly appreciated if you kindly look into the matter and take necessary measures at your earliest.

Madhurima Bose
Ph: 9874334885
e-Mail: madhurima.bose87@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2011

I need my fees back from NIIT

HI,
I understand your problem. I suggest you to:

1) Take in WRITTEN EACH TIME on the letter head of the centre what ever they say.

2) Give them nearly 3 chances with WRITTEN proof each time .
3) Go to Consumer forum. I think the number is 1800114000
4) Tell them that if they do not comply with what they have told, you will report this to the local news paper and cable channel.

5) Tell them that you will make personal complaint of Fraud against the person who has given in written since you have written proof.

Mar 18, 2011

i talked with my center
User19317

Mar 8, 2011

Dear Upendra,

We have taken note of your feedback.
As per our telephonic conversation, please feel free to talk to the GL/ CH further.

Assuring you of our best services.

For NIIT Limited

Mar 8, 2011

RESPECTED
SIR I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM THE STUDENT OF NIIT CAMAC STREET CENTER KOLKATA WEST BANGAL MY STUDENT ID IS S1000B0200357 AND REGISTRATION NUMBER IS R1000B0200872 AND I PAID THE FEES OF SEMESTER 'C' BUT I HAVE COMPLETED MY SEM B ONLY BUT MY CENTER FORCING ME PAID THE WHOLE FEES .BUT I CAN'T PAID THE FEES NOW
I WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST YOU PLEASE DO SOME THING

YOUR FAITHFULLY
UPENDRA PANDEY
MOBILE NO.08981761550

Nov 28, 2010

CHEAT

I don' understand why to pay thousands for a CALL CENTER job at NIIT when anybody can get it after 12th standard having good english communication skills ????

Nov 26, 2010

Dear Harshit,

Transferring to other NIIT institute is not the solution. Each and every NIIT center is worthless. Poor teaching, incapable to provide JOB to students at the end of the course is a part of NIIT

Nov 25, 2010

dear all
niit concers, i m student of niit course{networking eng} from model town centre {new delhi} in starting faculty was nice bt now from 1 month study was not going properly, faculty is continuisly changing there is noo permanent faculty . i had joind niit from 4 august bt till now its 24 novmber till now nothng important happend if i had not got d proper solution than i want to tranfer as i had taken transfer in march then plz do it sir my name is HARSHIT ARORA
PHNE-8826719093

Nov 24, 2010

CHEAT

Guys and girls, please don't be fooled by the fraud people as above. The above person said "Friends i almost lost everything I know the value of the money when people loose it, I know its pain, ". If you people listen to him and invest money, you will also lose everything and you will also have PAIN IN YOUR ASS

Nov 24, 2010

Here I am sharing my experience at NIIT, Camac Street Center, Kolkata.

I was a student at NIIT (Azimganj House, Camac Street Centre) of the Aug 2008 batch and enrolled my name in the program “Certificate in Web Component Development using JAVA Technologies (Core+Advanced)” for Rs 28,000+ and since then my suffering started. I have enrolled for Advance part also because the councilors said that they will “GET DIFFICULTY” in providing job unless I do the advance part of the JAVA course. BUT they said if I do the Advanced part, they will provide a good software job with a very high salary

After joining I found that there are no qualified teachers. The teachers had no knowledge. I remember when we use to ask questions to our trainers like SUBHAM sir, ATANU sir etc, their only answer is “AFTERWARDS”. But the teachers had quality in “BRAIN WASHING”. Their job is to force students to do some other courses for which they get a handsome “COMMISSION”. I was told to do the ASP.NET course which will help me to get a very good job. So, I enrolled for the same. Similarly many of my friends joined ORACLE course. AND believe me if the trainers can make a student enrolled for a course, they get a very high commission. Similarly, if any student can make his friends enrolled for a course that student gets commission which includes COMPUTERS,IPODS ,MONEY etc. So beware.

I was seeing one complaint here and that is very true. He said “My part of work was over that is to pay them fees/money. for 6 months was made to wait but no job was offered as they say in big advertisments. they have nothing to offer but fake interviews in c-grade companies. after the course is over they dont recoganize you, avoid you, and send you for interviews which is fake.
you are on your own. If you have extra money buy few JAVA books from market and open your own company with that money rather NIIT. they do not have staff who can train you. CHEAT is only word for NIIT”

After I have finished my course (which extended to 1 year approx but I was told that at the time of joining that JAVA course is of 6 months only) NIIT sent us to PECON Soft in sec-v which they said a renowned software company. But when we reached there we were speechless when we found that that PECON Soft is a CALL CENTER and NIIT provided us CALL CENTER job. We have found that students of BSc(IT), GNIIT, ANIIT (who pay lakhs) are also there for interview. After that we tried to contact NIIT but then they started avoiding us. They said we have to do the above CALL CENTER job AND THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY OTHER JOB. However we have not joined there and we started looking job on our own. Now all of us are in good companies in good position.

So BEWARE.

Nov 20, 2010

CHEAT

Hello Friends. Reg Work from Home jobs, I have wasted a lot of money in this Work from home business almost 2 lakhs but atlast I found this one is really genuine one. Investment is low and earning is also low but effective. So Simple Internet Job, There is no Typing, nor any data entry or ads like that. It’s really simple and with only a investment of 350 Rupees you can earn Rs.750-Rs.1000 daily and more. This is the only genuine website right now in India which is paying. Just we have to use simple brain knowledge. Friends i almost lost everything I know the value of the money when people loose it, I know its pain, so try to grow with small things don’t invest or waste in fraud companies, Only serious enquires please call me For more details call me personally at 91-9505733627 or visit My Website
Join this site and I will assure you that you will earn and payments are genuine, Work for yourself don’t work for others and help to save poverty. Don’t think a lot people, apply it, who have lost everything join this and regain your power are strength. So that you can set an example for these fraud companies. Good Luck, feel free to call me any time and Best of luck for your future.

Nov 20, 2010

So BEWARE.

Anybody can contact me at daniel.dcst@gmail.com if you want to know further.

Sep 30, 2010

I need my fees back from NIIT

I have joined NIIT Kankurgachi centre, kolkata for the course Oracle 9i Fundamental-II on 27/03/09 and paid the amount of Rs. 6,617.00 for the course vide receipt no. 5138. At the time of admission they asked for my preferable time and I told them that i have office from 10 am to 6 pm. and please refer me the time beyond the office period. They agreed and took my admission. The front office told me to wait for a month and within that period they would arrange the batch. But till today they couldn't able to arrange the class. Everytime when I went to the centre and asked to the Faculty head for the class, he always assured me to wait till next week. after few months, I went to centre Manager and inform him the same. He told me to contact with faculty head for the same. He assured me that he would inform the faculty head to take the immediate step regarding the same. But till we didn't get any class. On March'2010, as usual I went to centre for my class and got same answer from faculty head. He told me to wait till april'2010 and he assured me, he would arrange a class for me and gave me a call. But on 10th April, 2010 when I went to centre, found both the faculty head and centre manager is transferred. I returned home with no hope.

After 3 months, on July'2010 I went to centre again and mate with new centre manager. i told him the story. He told me that he would try to arrange a class for me and informed me soon. But till today I could not receive any call from centre.

Please advice me what should I do at this situation?

The address of the centre is P-252, C.I.T. Road, Scheme VI (M), Kolkata- 700054.

Amitava Roy Chowdhoury

Sep 2, 2010

CHEAT

Well This is soooo true! they are scamsters! they have nowhere to place. Referring to same blog...these Teachers (Atanu, Subham) they no less then sales person.
Sales people have amazing quality they can do anything...EVEN TEACH!

Jul 3, 2010

Here I am sharing my experience at NIIT, Camac Street Center, Kolkata.

After I have finished my course (which extended to 1 year approx but I was told that at the time of joining that JAVA course is of 6 months only) NIIT sent us to PECON Soft in sec-v which they said a renowned software company. But when we reached there we were speechless when we found that that PECON Soft is a CALL CENTER and NIIT provided us CALL CENTER job. We have found that students of BSc(IT), GNIIT, ANIIT are also there for interview. After that we tried to contact NIIT but then they started avoiding us. They said we have to do the above CALL CENTER job AND THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY OTHER JOB. However we have not joined there and we started looking job on our own. Now all of us are in good companies in good position.

I really get amazed when I think the ways in which NIIT, Camac Street Centre CHEATS. All the Advertisements you will see here and there are FAKE. So BEWARE.

Anybody can contact me at daniel.dcst@gmail.com if you want to know further.

Indian Railway (Lost Luggage) - Lost a BLUE sky bag
    Lost a big BLUE coloured sky bag inside train 22604...
    BSNL Calcutta Telephones - Surrendr Broadband connection No.25023093
    I have submitted an application form for closure/...
    DTDC Courier - Courier not received nor back to sender
    Dear Sir, My relative sent a courier sent to from kolkata...
    SUBH LAXMI MULTISOLUTIONS PVT LTD, - stone in brokrn rice
    no any responce by you so kindly solve the problem as soon...
    BSNL - NOT CONNECTED
    MY WI MAX CONNECTION IS NOT SUCCEFULLY INSALL MY WI MAX...
    Vadodara Traffic Police - traffic guiding
    Re.Sir, ACP (traffic) Vadodara I appreciate for the...
    Chennai Traffic Police - Behaviour of traffice police in Anna Nagar
    I was travelling with my family on Anna nagar rountana...
    Recharge - not receive of recharge amount
    Dear Sir, I have done recharge of 100 rupees on my...
    bank - Forgot to Print the Application
    Hi Sir/Madam I have applied for "IBPS CWE RRB-III...
    244734 - regarding house tax
    Sir i (V.Venkata rao staying lalithanagar door no. 49-11-8...