Renault duster

Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault duster

ARtone

Aug 10, 2015

smell

I have had the new duster for approx' 6 weeks and for the last week there has been a smell inside the car which is not coming from me. The smell I have described as being like ether. it is a light chemical smell which quite frankly scares me. I checked in the engine compartment and tried to locate the type of smell by removing the liquid caps in turn. The most similar to the smell was the brake fluid. As I removed the cap some liquid ran out, however I was parked on a slight slope. I have been to the company I purchased it from where the engineer tells me the brake fluid cap has to be replaced at a certain position due to a vent slit in the cap. The smell has been worse than ever since, the liquid does not now appear to be coming from the cap. This gives me the concern could there be a brake fluid leakage elsewhere, say at the brakes?
Bismaad Deep SIngh

Aug 10, 2015

Gear stuck

I bought duster in august 2014 and found that the gear stuck a lot ...... when ever i drive my car in first gear and want to shift it to the second gear it struck. either i need to go hard on either clutch or on gear to shift it to the second ..it was even not resolved in any of the 2 services. This is what Renault is providing its customers a service. Renault duster has many other issues as well my ac mode also struck will changing it.
anita milind

Aug 3, 2015

AC water leakge inside the car

I bought Renault Duster in Sept 2013 and till now it was running well. Since the past two months I noticed a stale smell in the car and upon analysing the same, found lots of water ingress under the mats. After drying the mats I found water again. I concluded that this could be due to water of AC seeping inside, instead of being thrown outside. The vehicle was sent for this problem to service centre in NOIDA sector 63 and they confirmed my doubt. They also said that this problem has been reported in other cars too.
My concern is that if it was a known problem then why didn't Renault take care and recall the cars. Other reputed manufacturers are doing this. From a company of Renault's reputation, this was unexpected.
I really feel the Renault needs to rebuild its image and give a quality product.

Anita Milind
Atty

Jun 28, 2015

Self starter failing twice in 4 months

I have renault duster 110rxz.i bought it on 7 april 14.the veh was running fine when on 13 feb 15 the veh did not start.i took it to tricity panchkula and they replaced the self starter .again now on 28 july 15 the vehicle stopped while running and the self is again not working.i will be taking vehicle to tricity panchkula tomorrow.i hope they will diagnose the reason for self starter failing twice in 4 months and will provide a permanant solution.atul9888713399
abdul arif

Jun 24, 2015

barck paid

Sir I will chang my brack paid on 20000 k.m. on 2nd sarvice in udaipur. Next 3rd sarvicr in kota branch I am sarvice my dustar 24 june. 30000 k.m. service advisor say this car brack paid loss and chang brack paid.
Sir brack paid sarvice only 10000 k.m.
Sir Udaipur branch chang old to old brack paid.
Chand5869

Jun 19, 2015

Engine and Battery Problem

Dear Renault,
I think whatever claim you guys are doing these are all fake.I bought Duster last year on 27-Feb-2014. 85ps RxL from Noida Sector 62, UP. Since the very first day I am not satisfied with the vehicle as well as your company services.
First time problem occur with wipers which was taken care (so called) by local service center at Noida Sector 63.
Next time when I drove only 13thousands Kms only, and in the month of January '15. I drove the car around 15 kms on that day and was waiting for my family outside of a mall. When I gave ignition all of a sudden car battery went down. After running 15 kms how is this possible that battery went down. I complaint this at this very place. But I heard only fishy things sir that could be anything and its a car so we can rely on this. That is why I spent Rs 11 Lakh on this stupid car.
Service center guy checked my battery situation at told me that its a battery issue it should be replaced. But your vendor, Exide return the same old battery by saying that it was just recharge and its working perfectly fine. How come a running car battery be discharged. After so many arguments service with service manager he gave me assurance that if something will happen wrong in future he'll take care of this personally.
At that time they didn't spent a single day to see what is the root cause of the issue.
Today, again a great day for my Renault Duster, when i tried to start its showing battery zero and Engine light is red. Although I drive this only 19,535 Kms. And very good thing is that only last Sunday 14th of June'2015, I went to Avia,Auto Service,Sector 63 Noida, for its 20k KM/3rd free services. I hope 3rd major service is to check full vehicle at every end. I spent Rs 6986 for this service.

Now, I am standing in this scorching day of summer in a highway and just dialing your customer care. So, I spent all my money just to stand in mid of a highway and take this vehicle to service station on every other day.
Crux is that this Duster is worst car I have ever drove and use. You guys are just doing cheating to customers.
Car VIN # MEEHSRAW5E1048928.
S K PATEL

Jun 10, 2015

SECOND KEY NOT PROVIDED

I brought a new Renault Duster car model 85PS RXEDCI on dtd 16/01/15 from Khatwani motors Jabalpur from Waidhan City MP.Payment against this vehicle is cleared,but second key is not provided at yet.So,many times approached to agency & regular contacting always excuses given to me.Hence please provide my second key.

VIN No. MEEHSRAW5EB074689.

Surendra kumar patel
Singrauli mp.
rajaaoffset

Jun 8, 2015

. Neither you nor your R&D team has the life knowledge about your Spares.

This is to inform with painful heart that I am the 1st duster owner of MANNARGUDI area, with the Renault Duster bearing Reg.No. TN.50 U 3839. I had two very bitter experience from your Customer Service point and from one of your dealer M/s.BANNARI AMMAN MOTORS, TRICHY. The first incident of breakdown is due to gear struck at Malaiyur, near Pudukkottai. Despite of our repeated call to the service point of your dealer service centre Mobile No. 96886 33200, and also no response from the customer care service centre. Then we arranged a recovery vehicle for rent and took our duster car to the dealership for repair. The thing which was painful to tell you is, it took 2 days for your service Engineers to find the compliant due to which the vehicle was off-roaded. Then they identified that the upper sleeve cylinder has to be replaced, and the same was replaced and serviced during the end of April 2015. Again our car met the same problem on 01.06.2015 at 8.20 pm in Trichy - Thanjavur road near Palpannai just 5 kms from your service point. Immediately we contacted the service centre phone No. 0431-2414214 and cell : 96886 33200 on several times in the very busy traffic at night hours. Alas! Everything went in vain, nobody responded the phone. Then we contacted the toll free number for help with repeated call to the toll free number. Somebody took the phone and informed us that within another 30 minutes the recovery team will come and service your complaint. We waited more than 2 hours 30 minutes on the middle of the road with family and children. Again contacted the toll free number, nobody has responded the call. After our repeated call to the service centre, the mechanic came and tried his level best and all his effort became futile. Then we handedover the car key to the mechanic and we started home from there. Nearing by 11.30 p.m. a call came to our mobile from tollfree number and they stated that recovery vehicle has come to the spot, you better pay Rs.2,200/- for toeing and we need the signature from you. We replied that we are far away from the spot and we requested to carry the vehicle to the service point and the payment will be made by us by the next morning through bank, but the tollfree respondent never answered us but only disconnected the call without manners. Then we don’t know how the vehicle went to the service point. The Second day we were told that the vehicle was taken by the personal interest of the attended mechanic.
Today the 06th of June, after five days we were informed that the lower sleeve cylinder was failed, so that only the vehicle breakdowned. The thing which makes me to think a lot is what is the quality of your product? Nobody in your service point have understood the parts of life history about your product. Neither you nor your R&D team has the life knowledge about your Spares. Why I think so means, I was not at all advised by the dealer that such & such services has to be done by me after running this kilometers. It is very painful that what are the services has to be done to the vehicle at about the kilometer duration was not at all printed in your manual book. If the same status has been maintained, it is obvious your product will stand by the road-side due to lack of maintenance knowledge by the customers.
Apart all from these things, which pricks my conscious is I was the first customer in my Thiruvarur Dist. for BANNARI AMMAN AUTO MOBILES, Trichy. They also utilized me as a DEMO CUSTOMER to flourish their business. Now how can I recommend your vehicle for others to buy after facing such a bitter experience?
Thanking you once a lot.
MAHALINGAM RAJA
Cell: 94432 66961
Ajay Khare

Jun 2, 2015

Renault Duster Clutch is hard

I have bought Renault duster 100 ps RXZ (optional) from Aphrodite 4 wheels pvt ltd. on Jan 2014. after 10000 running of vehicle its clutch is feeling too hard its steering and gear shifting are also being felt slightly hard than at the tie of delivery. i have visited several times and no proper response fro their side. the said that they have rectified but problem is still there. They also cheated us during delivery of vehicle, they told me that they will provide me free accessories of worth Rs 25000/- but they never did that after several follow ups. when they delivered the vehicle to me in Bilaspur Station, wiper line of water was choked they told e they will change it and when I went service centre they charged me approx Rs 8000 for same and told me that due to that AC tube has been spoiled. But it was not due to me this situation was present frpm the day of delivery. then why they charged me. Services of Service Center of Aphrodite 4 wheels is not good they are looting customers.

Ajay Khare
vikwil

technical

I had 85ps rxl, renault owned on 2014 , july made ,problems occured while braking in static position .Also hearing noise from the engine side , I had registered a complaint regarding the same , but they fail to clear the problem.I had a service for 20k at cochin, I found the vehicle ride like a cart after 3000km, doubted and had alook in to the engine oil, oh god schocked,,, found dark oil from the engine, that means they were not changed the oil properly,,, anyway am going tosell this ssoon,,,, go for innova or any other car,,, TVS service engineers are waste fellows and they dont know the technical problems to rectify ,,,,, poor guys must found some other jobs
Rambhoopal Reddy

Gear Struct

GEAR STRUCT
I BOUGHT RENAULT DUSTER IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 14. I HAD PROBLEM WITH GEAR AND I REPORTED AT THE TIME OF SERVICE. IT WAS NOT RESOLVED AND AFTER 12000 KM AGAIN I GAVE A COMPLAINT TO RECTIFY THE SAME, THEN ALSO THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED.

RAMBHOOPAL REDDY
Ph.no:8096551515
Rambhoopal Reddy

Gear Struct

I BOUGHT RENAULT DUSTER IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 14. I AM DONE 12000KM AND HAD PROBLEM WITH GEAR AND I REPORTED AT THE TIME OF SERVICE. IT WAS NOT RESOLVED AFTER HAVING CAR FOR TWO DAYS IN THEIR SERVICE CENTER AND AGAIN I GAVE A COMPLAINT TO RECTIFY THE SAME, THEN ALSO THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED. PLEASE RESOLVE MY PROBLEM.

RAMBHOOPAL REDDY
Ph.no : 8096551515
Shibila

May 6, 2015

Renault Duster-Front Door opens while the car is running

We purchased Duster in year 2014.One day while driving the car, my daughter pulled the front door handle and the door was opened , even though the central lock was there.
By Gods grace and our luck nothing happened to us. When we enquired with the Dealer , they said it is the feature given by the company for extra safety.
We were shocked to hear that. what the company has given as extra safety, worked in the reverse way with us.And I think in India the most Kids below 2 years travel in the front seat sitting on the lap.Now we are afraid to travel in the front seat.And the door locks on the front doors are just for name sake as they don't have any role in opening n closing of the door. Even if the door lock is pressed, the front doors can be easily opened by pulling the door handle inside.I would recommend renault company to take this up as a serious issue and do some sort of technical measures so that the doors are not opened by just pulling the door handle.

Unni
INDRAJE

Apr 29, 2015

Regarding Duster Engine Noise and Cluthc and Gear Vaibration

Dear Sir.,

I Purchased Duster Diesel THP RxZ, Model : THPE3D in August 2012. In my car running 20000 KM that time i have above complaint to service center, mangalore, karntaka and Customer care. However , so far there is no response from both of you. Present My car running 50000 KM the same problems engine noise, clutch and second gear vibration this are problems repeated. So, I have complaint renault service center mangalore, karnataka and online complaint register to customer care. There is many technical problems in car, your service center is not able to detect that. I have compared that voice with another renault duster many times in your center but there is no focus on my problems.
Please take a look on my problem.

VIN NO.MEEHSRA36C5000437

ABOOBACKER
9448281294.
kulkarniss

Apr 22, 2015

Old duster sold instead of new !!!

I bought 85 PS RXL Plus diesel Duster from Wagholi Pune in April 2015. I was promised December 2014 make of vehicle and delivered me vehicle of November 2015. Then on the first day of delivery accelerator pedal got jammed to highest throttle and it did not come back, I was about to have accident. Then tyres of MRF are 1 year old manufacturing and battery is 1.5 years old manufacturing !!!! This is not acceptable to me. I bought 3rd year warranty and renault has not still delivered me original third year warranty document. The hazard triangle was missing from the delivery. Renault has cheated on me by giving old vehicle. The gloves box doesnt have the lights fitted. The first aid kit was opened already with bandages removed from it. I paid 6500 rs for teflon coating and coating was not done at all. engine coating is not done at all and wax is just put under name of teflon coating and that too just one layer. I wrote to Renault but no resolution from them yet !!! Please call me on 988 173 4224 and fix my issue otherwise I am thinking of suing this cheat company.
Virangs

Apr 21, 2015

homing noise in cabin

I have purchased duster 2 years back, just 25000 Kms till date. there is lot of noise coming in cabin as if I am driving a loaded truck or Volvo. I showed to my service station in Goa, they told that I need to change tires - original provided by company is of MRF - needs to change to APOLLO.
this is really very troublesome.
mayank.junu

Apr 17, 2015

REGARDING DUSTER GEAR AND CLUTHC AND GEAR PROBLEM

I PURCHASED DUSTER ADVENTURE TOP MODEL IN JULY 2014. THE CLUTCH AND GEAR FAIELD TO WORK.I COPLAINT ON TOLL FREE NO. THE SERVICE CENTER TOE MY CAR.NOW CAR IS IN SERVICE CENERTE.ISSUE IS WHEN I WAS DRIVING SUDDENLY CLUTCH AND GEAR FAIELD TO WORK. I HARDLY STOPEED THE CAR AND SAVED BY ACCIDENT.SOME SMOKE ALSO CAME FROM ENGINE.THIS IS COMPANY MANUFACTURING FAULT.SO PLEASE CHANGE MY WHOLE CLUTCH AND GEAR SYSTEM.OTHER WISE I HAVE TO GO TO IN CONSUMER FORUM.WHY SHOULD I BEAR COMPANY MANUFACTURING FAULT.TILL MY PROBLEM NOT RESOLVED I WILL NOT PIC MY CAR FROM SERVICE CENTERE
T DROY

Apr 13, 2015

Accelarator Issues

From the very first day, I am facing some or the other
Issues, and for which, several times, I have visited your showrooms.

Among other issues, the major and the most dangerous issue is the
Accelerator problem. Mainly when I am on a High Speed, accelerator is not
Coming back to my feet after it is being pressed. Already several times I have
Escaped accident. I am scared that, next time I may not be so fortunate to escape
An accident.

More than once, I have send the car to your Workshops, but still no result.
I want to know, why I should face so much of problem again and again with a brand
New vehicle?

Also the mileage is very very less (8 and Half).which was also was not taken care by the
Workshop. Though I have informed them several times.

I am no more confident to drive the same vehicle. It is a life risk for me.

Best Regards
T D ROY
E-MAIL : roy@aurelevents.com
kumar_hp

Apr 4, 2015

AC Problem in New Duster

I purchased Renault Duster RxZ,100 PS, top model with and Navigation in March 2015. In less than a week AC stops working. Approaching service centre was a shock. After an hour of inspection I was told that bumber needs to be opened before they can say anything. I dont have right words to describe my expereince of having to go through this within a week of buying a 10 lac plus vehicle. One thing is sure RENUALT NEEDS TO IMPROVE QUALITY OF ITS VEHICLES.
naveenvashisht

Mar 24, 2015

Good product but Bad after sale service

I am having Duster HR26BY5775 which I got serviced regularly. At 40K km, I got it properly serviced at NCR Renault at Kataria Chowk, GGN. But soon after service I faced problem of gear blockage. I reported back to NCR Renault and found that No gear oil was changed and hence lead to problem. they changed and told that problem is solve. after 2 days I reported back to NCR that problem is still there. Then they asked me to change gear wire and cylinder. I doubted and hence gave my car to Sprint, Renault nr Hero Honda chowk. They told that clutch plate is gone and needs to be replaced. I had to invest 22K and got it changed. I would like to state that Renault service is poor and specially NCR is worst. No clarity and transparency is there and they just want to earn money.

Not Happy with Renault Service and they are just giving bad name to Renault. Good product but Bad after sale service.
executiveengineermech

Mar 23, 2015

Air bags not opened.

Renault Duster Car No MH-46-G-0052 owned by Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran, met an accident at Vikroli on date 17.03.2015.The impact was very high causing damage of bonnet,radiator,AC condenser etc. however the safety bags were not opened.It is very serious issue in view of safety point of the passengers traveling in the vech.At present the said vech is under repair at your authorized workshop M/s Gen-Next Motors,at Koparkhairane, Navi-Mumbai.The issue shall be taken seriously and compensation shall be claimed by Maharashtra Jeevan Pradhikaran.

M.S.Pradhan
Executive Engineer(M)
MJP,U&R,Mech. Div.
Thane.
karthikeyani

Mar 17, 2015

service complaints not attended properly

I am Karthikeyani, We had purchased a duster vehicle during jan 2013, till the first service the vehicle was running fine. After the service of 10000km, our problem started. There was an irritating noise inside the vehicle, when asked they said its the tyre noise and to my surprise they said the noise was due to MRF tyres and asked me to change the tyre( note: we were asked to change the tyre with in 10000km, were as a tyre can be used for 40000km).

Then, after repeated follow up and complaints to renault, I was offered some discount on replacing MRF tyre on which they were not sure if the noise would be arrested. With no proper response from renault and the local service center we were forced to live with the problem.
Now we had changed the tyre and again after servicing we still have some irritating noise inside the vehicle, after informing the same to the service center, we had a pleasing reply from the executive stating I will come and take the vehicle and rectify it personally and give it. I gave the same complaint during my service feedback call also.
But,till now it is not attended.

I still personally love this design and model of the duster compared to all the equivalent vehicle category. I am posting this complaint here only to get a solution for my concern.

Karthikeyani.D
8220004100
VenkatSesh

Mar 15, 2015

Drive Shaft Broken

I have Duster 85 HP - diesel version, bought Nov 2013, driven about 32,000 kms. Last week, after driving about 2-3 kms, slowed down to allow another vehicle, I released clutch to engage first gear, there was loud sound and vehicle would not move anymore. Engine was running smooth, but whenever clutch was released, there was a jarring noise. The vehicle was towed to Anamalais, Coimbatore. To my shock, the drive shaft to RHS wheel was found broken. As the vehicle is under warranty, Renault has undertaken free replacement of the part. Is there anybody with similar problem or in the know of what could have lead to this issue - please mail at seshadri@nals.in
Mhabemo Ovung

Mar 12, 2015

Engine not starting at first try in the Morning

My car was running perfectly and gave me no problems until last week when, one day, trying to start the car in the morning while trying to go to work, took longer than what is usual. Now my car never starts at the first time, i have to try once, twice, three times...sometimes more.
ajit2014

Mar 8, 2015

GEAR STRUCT

I BOUGHT RENAULT DUSTER IN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER 14. I HAD PROBLEM WITH GEAR AND I REPORTED AT THE TIME OF FIRST SERVICE. IT WAS NOT RESOLVED AND AFTER 2000 KM AGAIN I GAVE A COMPLAINT TO RECTIFY THE SAME, THEN ALSO THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED. THE BUSINESS OF RENAULT IS TO COLLECT RS. 500 FOR PICKUP AND DROP. NO OTHER SERVICE BEING GIVEN. IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO MOVE THE GEAR FROM FIRST TO SECOND. SOME TIMES WE HAVE TO STOP THE VEHICLE, SPECIALLY IN CITY TRAFFIC. I AM SO ANNOYED WITH RENAULT SERVICE. I THINK MARUTHI IS BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makemytrip.com - Change of reservation - Response
    Dear vaishalide Greetings from Make My Trip !! We...
    Aspiring Minds(amcat) - request
    sir,i have lost my passkey,how to get that passkey again.i...
    Sleepwell - Placement for matrix
    Rajesh gupta 60-a dda flats ashok vihar phase -3 delhi...
    HP Pavilion ab- or p- or v-series - DID NOT RECEIVE THE GIFT
    I BOUGHT HP Pavilion ab- or p- or v-series and i availed...
    ashu - abusive calls and messages from 7056556605
    Abusive calls and messages from 7056556605 I got message...
    PWD - Sewrage
    I want to say That my sewrage is continusly leaking and...
    signal record jabalpur - COMMUTATION
    Sir, I was retired from Corps of Signals on 01 Feb 15.Till...
    Ibps - APPLICATION FORM LOST
    SIR / MADAM I HAVE FILLED IBPS RRB OFFICER SCALE 1 FORM...
    Usha International - chitting
    Chitting by service centre last one year. They are not...