Renault duster

Consumer complaints and reviews about Renault duster

senmyl

Nov 4, 2016

Duster - The worst Vehicle

I am owning a duster for less than 2 years now and I would strongly recommend NOT to buy this vehicle. Service is worst in any service center and I have already spent around 3 lakhs on repairs. They have been stating fuel adulteration and demand on changing the Hi pressure pump and change all 4 injectors whereas the fuel is always from a company owned BP. Lot of complaints and no use. When I enquired from friendly sources people say that 110 hp duster has this issue because the engine is sensitive. But Renault has never provided the list of gas stations where I should fill the diesel from. Now I do not know where to fill diesel for this DUSTER vehicle to work properly. Worst service and worst vehicle.
AnilPatil1972

Oct 20, 2016

Steering Failure in Duster Car

Dear All,
I had owned the Duster Car since Nov'2013, but recently while travelling on NH-44 due to sudden failure of steering, my car got toppled in the middle of highway road. For my fortunate there was no other car/truck/bike was moving on the road at the same time, otherwise myself and my family would have been in deep trouble. Infact I have got the servicing done just before starting the trip, but unfortunately due to the manufacturing problem in the car, steering became inactive in the middle of the road when the car was running around 80-90 kmph speed.
I had informed and written to Renault Customer care, its almost a week gone, but there is no response from them till date. I have already raised the insurance for the total loss of car, as the damage is beyond repairable and the estimated cost is around 11 lacs against the IDV of 8.65 lacs.
Dear Friends, can anyone suggest me the way forward and how do I take up the issue with Renault and is there any other platform where I can submit my petition/complaint, for which Renault team may respond better.
Your kind advises would help to resolve my case in better way

Anil Patil
Raipur
mohitgaba1@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2016

Hard clutch and Gear stuck

Hi friends...i have just bought renault duater 85 PS on Aug 24 2016 and after driving 700 kms there are multiple problems started coming like clutch ia very hard, Gears stucked while driving and very surprise to see meter lights automaticaly off when car gets into any patholes....very disappoitment and it clears shows that they have sold me a faulty car as well the interior is very poor...quality of plasfic is third classs, it createa lot of noise...Mr car no js HR 51 BK 7333.....now renault people are saying will call tecnician to see the issue but tell me one think why would i bear it the loss now if there j a fault then they should replace or repay my money back....it was my hard earned money....now m just struggling and roaming behind them for rwsolution from last one month...now my car has completwd 4500 kms....
advkvk

Oct 12, 2016

My recent experience with TVS Customer Service

I have entrusted my duster at TVS service centre at Kottayam Kerala due to noise from bonnet. The complaint is attended by the most efficient and reliable person. As usual he entrusted the vehicle to your workshop guys with the hope and belief that they can trace out and rectify the defect at the earliest. They started playing with the vehicle for a week to trace out the problem, during this period i have seen my car several times on road, may be as part of their investigation. During this period an attempt is also made to give the vehicle back stating that the problem is solved. I refused to take it back finding that the complaint still exist. Being an automobile enthusiast present owner and regular user of three cars of different make, i suggested them to check alternator or AC compressor. Then they started saying that they will do it by replacing those parts which will take much time. I have permitted them to take their own time. I dont know what they did up there. Later they stated that they have conducted trial run by replacing alternator AC compressor tension er and recognised the sound is from Alternator. They suggested to replace the part which will cost Rs 53000/- plus service charge since my vehicle is 110 BHP. Being an experienced person in automobile field i never believed them, I took the car back, checked the same at a local workshop on examination it is revealed that, your technicians never removed alternator or AC compressor as part of their examination, (This can be confirmed by checking the bolts and nuts) they only mislead me and compelled me to change alternator. The sound is identified to be from AC compressor pulley bearing. The defect can easily be identified by removing the belt and checking pulley play without removing any other parts including AC compressor, as we did. If i believed your service guys they will change alternator first, then say that AC compressor also defective and will change the same give me a bill for more than a lakh. Now i can solve the problem by changing the bearing of AC pulley which will cost around Rs 2000/-. In addition to this they said even though my car has done only 79000 kms alone but had crossed the period of 4 years and two months so not entitled to get warranty. Is this a complaint developed all on a sudden, i dont think so since i am always driving the car with AC ( with all windows closed) the sound cannot be heard and identified from inside. I noticed the sound from outside when a friend of me took the car for a drive and reported the same to TVS. Due to this bitter experience i will never entrust the car for service again at TVS. I know the service adviser is innocent he is only mislead by the LAZY AND INCOMPETENT technicians. I have so many problems with duster from the date of purchase itself which were solved earlier by sending lawyer notice
advkvk

Oct 11, 2016

Remedy

Hi guys, why cant you move to consumer court for redressal of your grievances.
nisha sanjeev thakur

Oct 7, 2016

service issue

I M OWNER OF RENAULT DUSTER 85 RXZ

I M NOT GETTING SATISFIED SERVICE FROM UNIQUE AUTOMOBILE GHAZIABAD
FOR TECHNICAL ISSUE ( COOLENT &ENGINE OIL MIX IN ENGINE)

1ST TIME COMPANY APPOLOGIS FOR COMING A TECHNICAL ISSUE & RESOLVE THE TECHNICAL ISSUE
BUT I AM FACING A AGAIN AND AGAIN THIS ISSUE BUT THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVE SO KINDLY RESOLVE IT ON URGENT BASIS

SERVICE CENTRE IS DEMAND ME FOR PAID THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE PLEASE PROVIDE ME A JUSTIFY RESAON WHY I AM PAID A MONEY THIS TECHNICAL ISSUE

REGARDS

45000 TO 55000 KM RUNNING FROM SAME BRAND TYRES

PRAVIN
dprs@1963

Aug 24, 2016

clutch plates and pressure plates

Dear sir/Madam,

I regret to write this with frustration. I baught Renault duster RXZ topend model on 30th June and driven for only 1000km. One day i was travelling from my native place to Vizag to attend a marriage with my family and parents, amidst of journey our car has failed due to failure of clutch plates. I sought for roadside assistance and technical assistance from our nearest service centre and after 6 hours of waiting at roadside we could able to see a technician consequently we missed the marriage and happend to come back to home after handover the car to technician.When we contacted toll free they said a renault assistance cab will come and drop you for 50km free of cost and after wards they charge accordingly but this is bogus and misleading customer. Finally they are charging me Rs 7000/- for replacing the parts for just 1000km drive.

So friends think twice before you buy Renault vehicle. Now I am planning to sell it out my two months old car.

D.P.R.SARMA
Princepriya

Aug 14, 2016

Clutch Related Issue as well as poor service

Clutch related problem
I did my 2nd servicing at Gen Next Motors Ltd.,Panvel on 01.06.2016, thereafter on 04.07.2016 my car got breakdown on the way due to not working of gear and clutch. Again everything became ok automatically. I visited to above service centre on 06.07.2016 for the same but on that day I didn't get appointment and told you can come on 13.07.2016 for the same, till date My car remained lying, when I visited on 13.07.2016 my car delivered on the same day with a remake that "clutch bleeding problem". When I asked what was the problem the mechanic who was appointed for the same told that he didn't recognise any problem and whatever he understood he did accordingly and further told if any problem occurred in future you may contact. Again my car started problem on 11.08.2016 and I got appointment for 12.08.2016, when I was going there on 12th Aug my car got completely breakdown at a distance of only 4-5 Km and when I contacted with service centre to carry my vehicle, the service manager replied that they didn't have any vehicle for the same then I have to send my vehicle by using roadside assistance service. Again on 12th Aug, evening I inquired about status of my car they replied entire day there was no electricity service and further said I will inform you on 13th Aug. After lapse of two days i.e. 12-13 Aug, I have not informed even about problem. Due to irresponsible behaviour and unskilled service I have to suffer as well as harassed mentally because with 7-8 months of purchasing and only after 13000 km running the vehicle is giving problems and so I have to visit service centre again and again and also spend Rs.1200/day for taxi fare to go to office. Is service centre working only when electricity supplies?
Does service centre not possess generator facility?
Does Service Centre not equipped with towing facility as well as skilled mechanic?
Is it my fault that I am using Renault?
Kulwant Singh saharan

Jul 25, 2016

Complant about the Dealer Padam Renault

I send my Duster for changing the front Dumper
And Head light on Dated 1/7/2016 , But till today
25/06/2016 they did not change the part and my
Duster still in there service Center last 25 days
I write the Complant abt it at helpline no
Vide Complant no 4-02176716
But the dealer did not bother abt it
I did not but any car or suv from
Renault , they only sell the car but not
Give the service after sales
marg l

Jul 15, 2016

DACIA DUSTER

I booked my Dacia in for the problem with the blades the dealers had the car for a day & forwarded me a short video of my car with wipers working at full speed saying all was good .
My duster had been having a recurring problem with the wiper blades cutting out whilst in use 2 weeks passed & my car started to smell of burning and the blades stopped working again, the engine then cut out the car was recovered and once again taken to the main dealers for the same problem that they had it in for 10 days earlier , i was then accused of tampering with the fuse box !! and was made to feel that the problem was of my own doing also it would void my warranty , i was shocked by the accusation to say the least i have never been so insulted and complained to the service manager then onto renault whom up to press have shown little interest in corresponding with me directly .

So 5 weeks into this debacle i am none the wiser.. i call but get told that they are waiting to hear from whomever at head office i have been supplied with a hire car by them for the duration at their cost so am left wondering are there any other recall on such a problem with the dacia its my 1st & last renault purchase !! i am one extremely disappointed unhappy customer i cannot belief the customer service this big company offer !!! its non existent...

I am left without my car no correspondence from anyone i feel i have now no option but legal help to try and get things moving .

Marg L
kayton

Jul 6, 2016

DUSTER RXZ D 110 PS

THIS IS AN UPDATE FROM THE LAST TIME I WROTE WITH REGARDS MY NEW DUSTER RXZ 110PS DELIVERED TO ME ON THE 30TH OF JUNE 2016 AND HAS SINCE BEEN IN THEIR SERVICE STATION FROM THE 2ND OF JULY 2016 UNTIL NOW.
JUST AS AN UPDATE- A BRAND NEW CAR DELIVERED WITH LESS THAN 50 KMS ON THE READING PANEL WHEN IT WAS SHOWING A FAULT ON THE DASHBOARD AND HAD TO BE DRIVEN TO THE SERVICE STATION WHERE IT HAS REMAINED TIL NOW WITH NO SIGNS OF BEING ABLE TO TELL WHAT AND WHERE THE FAULT LIES AND WHAT ASSURANCE I HAVE IF AND WHEN THIS IS RECTIFIED.
I LIVE IN FEAR OF HAVING BEEN SOLD A FAULTY CAR AND DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES IT WOULD HAVE TO SEE THE WORK SHOP AFTER THEY HAVE REPAIRED THE INITIAL FAULT WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEIR SERVICE MANAGER AMAYA TO BE TOLD THAT THEY STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE FAULT IS AND ARE STILL CHECKING THIS IS DAY 5 FOR A NEW CAR TO BE BACK FOR REPAIRS.
HAVE HAD OTHER CARS IN THE PAST ALL HAVE LIVED UP TO THEIR EXPECTED SERVICE BUT NOT THIS!
I AM CONCERNED OF WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR US AS THE FIRST IMPRESSION HAVE FAILED US.
NOT SURE IF THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?
AS A CUSTOMER WHAT COMPENSATION AM I ENTITLED FOR?
WILL BE GOOD TO HEAR VIEWS.
MD@ALPHAGOA.COM
kayton

Jul 4, 2016

Dusster 30th June 2016

we bought a duster from their local sales showroom and the same was delivered to us on the 30th of June 2016.
two days and 50 kms later we notice a service issue indication on our dashboard and promptly the car is taken to the service station where we are told the fuse seems to have been affected.
with a fuse change done and a test drive is undertaken by the service team only to notice the problem persist and i am now being told that they need to keep the car for a through check.
two day in and still waiting to hear what the status is and in the mean time call the manager at the show room to be told and this is assuming that a rodent/rat could have feasted on the wires and thus this problem this is assumption and lose talk to give the customer the benefit of a doubt that the fault lies at your door not ours.
when he was informed that apart from the duster 3 other cars are part there and this for the past 10 years it still does not ring a bell and insist this could be the problem .
today that is on the 5th of July i get a call from the service station manger to inform me that the fault still hasn't been traced and the factory has been informed to send them a wiring drawing to try and locate the fault.
in all of this my question is was the car not inspected prior to it having left the factory?
then the service team who took charge here in Goa were still in the dark and then hand over a faulty brand new car to the customer only to have him drive it back to them for a undefined period and with no fault of the paying customer.
as a client what are my rights and am i to ask for a full refund apart from damages to the mental strain i have been put under?
surely this would never happen in a civilised world and even if it did the penalty would be huge.
my experience should be an eye opener to all prospective investors/customers to think twice before you wish to purchase what you think is a branded car well its not as you will read and know i have been put through much and for no fault of mine.
READ AND REFRAIN IS ALL I CAN SAY.
vermaharish

Jun 30, 2016

Non performance of Reno work shop at LUCKNOW

Car was purchased in 2014 march, The mileage run till date is 60000 km and there is warranty in place for 4 yrs or 80 000kms whichever is earlier. The vehicle was taken to LUCKNOW authorised workshop.

It's 2 Days has gone but vehicle is at work shop and no body is responding.main problem.
vehicle not getting start
AC mode knob stuck since 1 year but after so many exclamation problem remains same for this problem vehicle taken by workshop 15 day before instead of removing problem they created a new problem vehicle not getting started.
Harish Chandra verma
Vehicle no UP 32FK 9192
Reno Duster
8874209601&7565007001
pardeepkumar216

Jun 29, 2016

Gear Struck problem

It is to bring to your notice that i own a renault duster from past 2 years bought from this deal:-PADAM RENAULT MOHALI with registration number-HP55B-1592 From few months i am encountering problem with gear box of my car as it gets stuck while driving and does not comes off even after certain efforts which can lead to accident too.when ever i drive my car in first gear and want to shift it to the second gear it struck. I went to see your dealer PMG RENAULT CHANDIGARH for the same problem and they told me about the problem and i am trying from several months to get claim for it but they don't even listen to the issue. I am writing you this mail so as to let u know the issue i am facing and i am never gonna recommend your brand to anyone and if the issue is still not resolved from your end too. i will be going to consumer court and will send you notice. Have all the documentary proof.
Car is under warranty and complete only 15000 kms.problem is still running and customer care also not helping me.plz give me north zone servicing head Mobile No.
Plz contact me
Vinay Sharma
Chd
Madhusudhan Raya

Jun 18, 2016

Extended Maintenance warranty

Car was purchased in 2013 June, The mileage run till date is 48000km and there is warranty in place for 4 yrs or 80 000kms whichever is earlier. The vehicle was taken to NCR authorised workshop of renault in gurgaon. The accelerator wire got damaged. The service workshop says that they are not sure whether extended warranty covers free replacement of aaccelerator wire. But you have given extended maintenanace warranty for 4 yrs.

What I wish to inform you is that service is very poor and your authorised workshop personnel are not at all aware of extended maintenance warranty. No body in the workshop explicitly can tell whether it is covered or not. I feel it should be covered .

If this is the state of affairs with renault, people will stop purchasing this car due to poor after sales service of your service centres across India and lack of awareness of various terms and conditions of extended maintenance warranty, promised while marketing .

If these things continue i feel renault may be relegated to the bottom place in sales in India.

R.Madhusudhan
09871994599
Gundu99

Jun 5, 2016

Pathetic work of SRMT Tata workshop in Vizag

I have got my vehicle. Manza serviced in SRMT service center near railway station and nearby Rajeshwari theater in Visakhapatnam . I always believed in genuine workshops and have always opted this workshop, to my unfortunate fate their servicing was so bad that my vehicle halted when I was heading out of the city, my vehicle was stranded on the road for two days following which I had to get to towed for rectification, the only problem was loose blots which eventually led to change of timing. This shows how reckless and awfully skilled these workshops are and simply know how to cheat their customers, beware of this workshop.
Shiva takkar

May 3, 2016

Part Not available

I am constraint to express my deplorable situation regarding part not avaible in your showroom. The erratic working of my car has created a lot of inconvenience.This infact represents a dismal picture regrading your organisation. Renault needs no introduction.It enjoys an enviable position in Cars.Your company is on culmination but the shortage of parts in your showroom doesn't go well with the reputation and goodwill you enjoy in the market. Hope you will comprehend with us. I hope you will not give a cause of inconvience to your bonafide customer . DO THE NEEDFUL EARLIER

Sagar takkar
Rajni Shah

Apr 29, 2016

Stop Light signal appearing on display boatd

I find STOP light in red colour on display board since 3 days.
Mohan Tiluvalli

Apr 6, 2016

Problem with Gear, Battery & Power Staring

Problem with Gear, Battery & Power Staring
Problem with the Gear
I bought Duster 85 PS Desiel in Nov 2013 and found that the gear stuck a lot. Whenever i drive my car in first gear and want to shift it to the second gear it stuck. I need to go hard on gear to shift it to the second. Moreover after driving it for a good distance when I come to halt or in traffic picking car in first gear is much problematic and it gives missing. I have been to Renault service center but they were not able to detect the problem.

Battery Problem:
Car battery dried & gone bad in just 2.5 months, Due to this many other problems.
1. Problem With Power Staring
2. AC will not work, Windows & Music player nothing will work.
3. Big very big problem is Power staring will not work, Assume you are road, Suppose battery goes to low state, Staring almost
50% will not work. Very difficult to turn left right. Only straight you can go. In ghot section gone case.
Yadavinfotchservice

Feb 18, 2016

Door

I bought my duster 2-3 month 4 door noise do it do I suggested all people don't bought duster RXE dci modals
m s gupta

Feb 13, 2016

pluse clutch problem

I purchased pluse from bhilai renault office chattisgard lost year , car is running with hard clutch I send my vehicle for second servicing,
company refused to reactifed problem and asking for payment , why should I pay if company warranty is running.
akshay 45 thakur

Feb 12, 2016

Duster--full of complaints

I have a one month old Duster and it has already started giving problems. The polution control light has come on twice during this period and the gear shift lever makes noise. When I spoke with some of my French friends, I realised that the Duster is not a Renault product, but a Dasia product, which is manufactured in Romania and exported to poor third world countries. So those with a Duster, should learn to live with it and others may think twice before bying one.
Akshay Thakur
Amit yadav paldi panihara

Jan 14, 2016

Service and warrenty problem

MY car registration no- HR 36 V 3600, I completed service on 2nd Dec 2015 in Renault service centre sector 37 near Hero Honda chowk Gurgaon 122001 ,As per service centre all points completed but actually from my side observed some points not done. during running I observed that door noise still exist,front axle noise exist, even no. of time I contacted to customer care but no satisfactory reply , some warrenty related work also not done during servicing.they said part not available and pl.do warrenty related work from other service centre.
Name -Amit Yadav
Mobile no- 9992008396
Amit Kishore Gupta

Dec 29, 2015

Problem with the Gear

I bought Duster RXL 85 PS in Sept 2014 and found that the gear stuck a lot. Whenever i drive my car in first gear and want to shift it to the second gear it stuck. I need to go hard on gear to shift it to the second. Moreover after driving it for a good distance when I come to halt or in traffic picking car in first gear is much problematic and it gives missing. I have been to Renault service center but they were not able to detect the problem. It has just done 13000 Km and engine noise has also increased. Blue Tooth also don't work properly.

Amit Gupta

SSC - Server issue in ssc cgl 2016 tier 2 exam
    Sir / Madam My name is AKSHAY DAHIYA My roll no. is...
    BMC - Mumbai (Surburbs) - Increase in Stray dogs and menace
    In the last two months, there has been an increase in...
    No network coverage of jio - No network
    No jio network available at VILLAGE krishnanagar POST...
    Samsung j5100 joy plus 32inch LED TV - Getting continue sound after off TV
    My samsung Joy plus j5100 32inch led tv getting continue...
    Jio - No network coverage of jio
    No jio network available at VILLAGE krishnanagar POST...
    Yatra.com - Yarra.com app defaulted the flight time
    I downloaded the yatra app and used it for this booking....
    Ibps - transaction failed but money deducted
    sir, i have registered for ibps it officer. during fee...
    uc browser - pop up message
    Please remove popup message otherwise i will uninstall uc...
    Samsung LED TV - continue sound coming after off
    My samsung 32inch joy plus J5100 LED TV getting continue...