Consumer complaints and reviews about SOTC(KUONI TRAVEL GROUP)

Oct 15, 2015

Parallel Operation of Travel Infoline Ahmedabad Gujarat India

Your Agent Travel Infoline, Ahmedabad Gujarat is operating parallel in Name of You, by giving third class mismanaged to the Group of 18 for 6N/7D tour package to Andaman islands in India from 7 oct to 14 oct recently. They have spoiled your name and good will in travel aspirants, We have lost in your travel company totally. It is high time to review and terminate agency of travel infoline for your future damage of Image. This is eye opener message for you. act immediately for damage control before we go to press. Awaiting your trustworthy professional intervention in this matter. --- Chatur Patel and Group
Oct 2, 2015

Refund of my Air ticket cancellation chRefund of Air Ticket Cancellation Charge

I along my three family members travelled to Dubai in January 2014. In returning, My daughter stop her journey at Delhi and we all three came back to Ranchi. We have already informed our plan in advance to the SOTC Ranchi branch . in spite of that they purchased ticket for my daughter. When I told them, they accepted that wrongly ticket was purchased, and amount will be refunded later on but in spite of many reminders and even after legal notice, till now we could not get my hard earned money. This shows their way of dealings. In nut cell, they are cheating to the customers. i am working in State Bank of India as a Manager. so i request to every one who are making planning to go with SOTC, think and enquire about his character and dealings.

KKP Sinha
State Bank of India
Tel 9431150336
Jun 26, 2015

rude and arrogant call

Had requested for a customizable trip to Singapore on one of your site. Got a call back from a person(Mr Sumit) representing SOTC enquiring about the trip. As soon as he came to know my budget was not what he was expecting, he started taunting and downplaying me as If I didn't deserve to go to Singapore. Also rudely told me that in my budget I can only stay in the red light area of Singapore.call came from 0124-4116827.kindly take strict action and ask people to respect the one on the other side based on his/her action and not on how much he can afford
Apr 24, 2015

SOTC is a fraud

I would like to bring to everybody's attention that SOTC is a fraud company and one should never trust them. I booked honeymoon package (Amazing Europe 7 Nights) for my brother-in Law from their Noida (sector 50) based branch. Mr Amit Kapoor is the branch manager.

I booked the tour in Mar 2015 and paid him Rs 1, 20,000 as travel advance. I had provided all relevant documents (in fact few additional documents wherever he gave option as we didn't want to take VISA risk) whatever asked by Amit Kapoor , branch manager SOTC to apply for our VISA.

Unfortunately, on 27th March, we got to know that VISA has been denied by embassy. When I contacted Amit Kapoor about the reason for rejection, he didn't have any idea. I also asked him about the charges which would get deducted and asked him to share the refund policy in case of VISA rejection, he told me that charges would be deducted as per actual cancellation only. He also assured me to share the refund policy and evidence of booking done by SOTC.

Branch manager had no intention to share the rejection letter with me and When I received it after several discussions, I was shocked to see the reason of rejection. VISA was denied because SOTC company didn't apply for travel insurance and provided details for hotel and flight bookings. This is completely ridiculous. These are the document which are to be provided by company and mandatory for VISA but still didn't provide. This shows their careless attitude towards the customers.

When I asked branch manager to provide evidence for flight booking and hotel booking, he kept deferring it saying it comes from their CP branch only and he would get it arranged by next day. Despite , several rounds of discussions/meetings in last 1 month, SOTC is not at all bothered to provide me cancellation policy and all the evidences for booking (flight, hotels etc) they did.

Company deducted Rs 50000 + 3.09 service tax as cancellation charges and refunded the amount.

First of all, why company can't provide me the cancellation policy actual bookings done by company (if they have done it as being mentioned by branch manager)?
Secondly, why 3.09% service tax has been deducted when no services have been availed from company ?

I am very sure that company neither has any cancellation policy nor they did any actual bookings for us. They just want to digest somebody's hard earned on name of cancellation charges and Service Tax. So beware of the SOTC company. It is a complete fraud company.

Vineet Goel
Aug 3, 2014

Never trust SOTC group

I have already written a complaint of my incident in detail.
They will take you to such hotels where you are not safe. We were robbed in Paris in 2013 inside hotels in front of SOTC staff.

When we requested them to support us, they denied and continued the tour. We missed some places due to police investigation and harassment. Such an unemphatic group.

I thought I would forget all this but whenever i see any promo of SOTC, i feel like telling everyone that beware, danger are far bigger than the discounts.

D PAUL is much better than SOTC. JUST for money don't compromise with security. Always be double sure about hotels as they change the hotels on the go.

I will never forgive SOTC.

I also have FIR copy but no success.

Be wise & safe!!! Discount only counts when you're safe and healthy.

raman ahuja
Oct 16, 2013

B2B Partner

B2B Travel Agent
Dealing first time with sotc for europe package ,sorry to say no commitment
Two times they have increased the rate of package once settling the amount
Very poor commitment
Please donr deal with them
Harish Chawla
Jul 3, 2013

Overcharging on Alaska Cruise Booking

I and my wife have booked for Alaska Cruise from Vancouver from July 21 to July 28, 2013 through their Lucknow Branch and I have some serious concerns. I have only booked for Alaska Cruise and not for 16 days tour of Canada / US with Alaska Tour. I think and I have valid reason to believe that I have been charged an excess of USD 376.42 for our travel towards Govt. Taxes, Port Fees and Gratuity. This amount has been arrived based on difference on what I have been charged and what is being charged by Celebrity Century on their Online Portal for same travel in similar class of cabin.

Inspite of sending repeated mails to various people in the Organization, nobody has responded during last three weeks. No invoice has been given for the transaction although GST of 3.09% on complete money has been charged from us....Harish Chawla
May 31, 2013

had completed Eruope North India Tadka tour for 13 days and overall it was a mixed experience. I would like to give some suggestions for improvement in future programmes which new participants may not suffer.
i) In flight of oman airways, SOTC has not given option of food with the result,airways has not given veg foods to us whereas it was given to Thomos cook people. It was informed that company people has not given option of food due to which outrightly veg foods was not given and only option available with them was of non veg both times. Finally a few veg items were given as a matter of grace after serving to all has been completed. We felt so embarassed and took it that we are going on a obligatory tour.
In future veg or non veg meals option be given in advance to airways by tour operators.

ii) SOTC travel bag,cap and kit are not provided to all customers before proceeding on tour. I too was given only bag and that too after many calls to your office and still cap and kit not given. There is no charm of getting such things after completion of tour when all other participants were given. Even Thomas cook provided bags to every participant. This discrepency may be removed inn future.

iii)Airfare,Taxes and other surcharges all may be informed in advance and any subsequent enhancements at a later date on finalisation of tour appears to be misleading and overcharging. Our entire budget of tour has to be rescheduled due to subsequent enhancement. Earlier with other operators Thomas cook, I travelled but it did not happen there.

kunal exports
Mar 6, 2013

Cancillation of Europe Tour/ money refund

To, 06th March 2013
9/1, Hardttari Chamria Road,
Howrah – 711 101
Attn. : Surajit Bose.

Sub: Cancillation of Europe Tour

We hereby like to inform you that we have received a mail regarding your Europe Package for 15 days , we approach your Sales Executive Ms.Shrabonti Mazumdar over phone on 04 th December 2012 to know about the details of the package for 22nd May 2013.

On 05th December 2012 Ms. Mazumdar contact my wife Ms Sabita Agarwal and asked her to book the toure with a small token money, and Mr. Agarwal paid cash Rs. 10,000/- towards token amount (as per Annexure”A”) again after that Ms. Mazumdar call to Ms. Agarwal to make a payment of Rs.84,000/- but she refused to pay so big amount . In that case Ms. Mazumdar given him the assurance that you are paying the token amount and if you wants to cancilled the toure you will get the refund, as per her so much assurance we have issued a cheque No. 050205 dtd. 05.12.2012 for Rs.84,000/-(as per Annexure”B”).

a) We have not signed any Contract Form.
b) We have not supplied any Co’s Bio-Law’s or Rules and Regulation Notice.
c) We have not supplied any Itinerary.

We have contacted Mr. Surajit Bose on 25th February 2013 over phone about cancellation of our booking for Europe Tour due to our some family problems,
Mr. Bose asked us to send a mail for cancellation.

On 28th February we have send a mail to Mr.S.Bose in connection to the above matter(as per Annexure ‘C’).

On 05th March 2013 we received a mail from Mr. Bose about the rules & regulation about the cancellation, after that we have contact Ms. Rajashree and specify the entire matter.(as per Annexure ‘D’)

Now ,at last on we received a mail from that our full amount Rs84,000/- is forfeited as per the Company’s policy.

We have a question here that where as company has not supplied us any above mentioned documents , we have no any contractual agreement signed between us
and no one has specify us about the policy of the company, how the money can forfeited where as we have paid the token money as per the assurance of your sales executive Ms Mazumdar.

As per the general rules of the Government / Private bodies that in case of cancellation of booking the money can be refund after deduction of certain percentage form the paid money.

But the policy of Kuoni Group SOTC is totally different , they are generating the money by forfeiting the hard earned money of the public, which is illegal in the eyes of law. It is very much clear that the Group is running 100% profitable business by applying this type of scheme.

This is absolutely absurd and fraudulent policy of the Group .Therefore, we will constrained to take instruction to move the appropriate forum for the redressal of the grievances without any further reference for natural justice , which please note.

Jun 19, 2010

We a group of 8 persons of 2 Families visited Singapore & Kualalumpur in a 7N/8D package of SOTC.The entire tour was mismanaged & the Hotels they booked is not even 1star ranking in India whereas they told that those are 3star catagories.The Breakfast is Horrible in Indian standard.Till the last day of boarding We are in a dilemma about the tour & lastly couldnot be picked for Airport at Singapore & nobody was there to listen to us.The half-day City tour at Kulalumpur started at 10am & finished at 12noon without even shown anything except the Chocolate Factory & Jadd's batic center the 2 commercial places.The experience to travel with SOTC is horrible.Please check before you book with it.

e-mitra - REFUND
    care---paytm.com - recharge failed& rs debited
    I have of rs 300 of airtel on mob no.9829849600 recharge...
    YOP SERVICES - Fraud company
    I paid 25k to yop service for email sending project they...
    Rediff Shopping - product is not genuine not work properly
    Not a genuine product it is duplicate not working welll so...
    ICICI Bank Ltd - Damn slow net banking
    Icici bank net banking is damn fucking slow. These buggers...
    Airtel - Phone dad
    Landlines phone dad
    freecharge - CASHBACK
    ON Date : 28-Nov-2015 I am recharge 50 rupees and apply ...
    Samsung Smart Camera WB50F - Lost at JLN Stadium
    andhra pradesh electricity board - Disconnection of service
    Sir, My service Nos: 3313101026785 & 3313101056965,...
    Aircel - call detail