Southern Railways

Consumer complaints and reviews about Southern Railways

Ramasubbireddy

May 5, 2016

Recruitment

I am selected as junior engineer in electrical trs department my document verification completed on 28 /12 /2015 but I didn't got any updates from southern railways please look into this sir
My roll number 18016061000250
Employment no: cen no: 01/2015
ferros

Mar 2, 2016

railway police missbehave

Sir, today morning me and my sister go to Kottayam railway station ,my scooter parking in a no parking area but there is no no parking board, one rpf officer come and take my helmet to the rpf office. I go to rpf office and i ask a officer what reason u take my helmet, he asked your vehicle in a no parking area, i said there is no no parking board that's why i park my vehicle in that area, suddenly rpf officer shouted to me and misbehave and dirty words and he told me you are arrested and go to kollam railway court and pay fine in court.sir no parking case in what purpose he arrest me.
krishna _kumar

Feb 10, 2016

recruitment

Dear honorable minister sir,

First let me introduce myself, am Krishna Kumar v g .iam an NRI living in Dubai for last six months working as an accountant here.for the last week I got an letter from southern railway recruitment board, which regarding I had an exam verification and medical test for the same exam I wrote in 2013 on 3/2/2016.one’s I got this letter am so happy .because it’s my dream to work with Indian railway and in my country.
On the next day I applied for the emergency leave in my current company in which is very difficult for me to get leave because am a new joinee here.at last for the struggle I got only three days emergency leave. And I went to Chennai for the verification.at the time of income verification I submited income certificate. But unfortunately my income is different from the certificate which I already submitted on the exam time.before 2 year ,I have no job,now am an nri.how the income will be same sir?? so surely my income will change right ?sir ,I hope you read this letter and please kindly do the needful for me..
It’s my last hope sir.

My exam roll no :- 4304002777
RRC/EN.NO.02/2013/PET
EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NO : 02/2013 DATED 21.09.2013
v.sivakumar

Jan 26, 2016

delay emu train from Chennai central to delay in emu

I am regular commuter of emu train from ponneri to Chennai vice versa. I boarded at 9.15 P.m.train from Chennai central to gummidipundi. That train reached ponneri at about 11.15 P.m with delay of 1.00hours. This is a great achievement in running a train 2hours at the distance of 35km in independance day. Not only today this is rutione one in my experience of 20years.
V.sivakumar.
v.sivakumar

Jan 26, 2016

delay emu train from Chennai central to delay in emu

I am regular commuter of emu train from ponneri to Chennai vice versa. I boarded at 9.15 P.m.train from Chennai central to gummidipundi. That train reached ponneri at about 11.15 P.m with delay of 1.00hours. This is a great achievement in running a train 2hours at the distance of 35km in indepence day. Not only today this is rutione one in my experience of 20years.
V.sivakumar.
cherly anto frezina

Jan 17, 2016

Constant late arrival of 16106 (Chendur Express)

I board the Chendur Express (10106) every Monday at Madurai. Unfortunately, the train is ALWAYS 1 to 2 hours late. The time shown in the time table is fake and the expected arrival time of the train as per as the southern railways website is also always wrong. Trusting them, I am compelled to wait in the railways station for so long.

The train always arrives at Tirupparankundram on time. But, for some unforeseen reason, the train in ALWAYS made to wait there for a long time (Meanwhile letting all other trains incl. Banglore city express to cross Madurai). This is total injustice. Why cant you make Chendur Express (which arrives early at Tirupparankundram) to cross Madurai before the trains which come late.

In case there is some practical problems associated with this, why cant you change the time in the time table and declare that Chendur will arrive only at 1AM or so. I'm tired of anticipating and arriving at the railways station at 11.30PM to wait for another 1 to 1 and a half hours until it comes.

Either make the train to come on time or change the timing.
V.Sivasubramaniam

Jan 15, 2016

cleanliness/,vehicles.

Many steps have been taken to maintain the cleanliness of Coimbatore railway station.A lot more is required to stop passengers from throwing rubbish on the platforms.Other stations( Trichur,Shoranur,Palakkad, Tiruppur, Erode and Salem) on either side are far more cleanser-maintained using mechanical devices for brushing and mopping- Coimbatore being no 2 next to Chennai, should be sparking with cleanliness.
2. Brokers are still dominating the auto and taxi services at the station and ripping off passengers.The rear side entry is prevented for auto companies like Makkal auto / Nanbarkal auto.In the stations mentioned above a regulated services on offer for needy passengers.
Concerned authorities should look into these areas for better/improved services to passengers / commuters.
RANJITH KUMAR G S

Jan 7, 2016

worst behaviour of staff

MISBEHAVIOUR OF TT HE WAS DOING MISCHIEVOUS FOR ASKING MONEY WHILE TRAVELLING IN TRAIN FROM MADURAI
JUNCTION TO KATPADI JUNCTION ON THE WAY WHEN TIRUCHY JUNCTION CAME HE GET OUT AT THAT STATION AND HE
ASKING EXTRA MONEY IN DINDUCAL JUNCTION WHEN IT COMES .BECAUSE,WE HAVE LAMINATED COLOUR XEROX ID AND
I AM HAVING ANOTHER ID PROF LIKE PAN CARD,2ATM CARD WITH MY NAME PROF,TICKET THROUGH SMS IN MY PHONE
NUMBER.AND I PUT E‐TICKET IN MY OWN ACCOUNT.THEN HE SCOLDING IN BAD WORD VERY BADLY.FIRST HE ASKED
RS.250+250 FOR FINE WHEN I ASK RECEIPT HE TOLD YOU ARE ASKING TO MANY QUESTION AND HE TOLD 1500+1500
THEN HE TOLD I WILL GIVE RECEIPT.SO WE DONT HAVE MORE MONEY.I AM NOT SATISFACTION WITH INDIAN
RAILWAY.I AM A DIABITIES AND KNEEPAIN PATIENT.SO I AM ASKING YOU TO TAKE ACTION TO ANNAMALAI .HE GET DOWN AT TIRUCHY JUNCTION.
Vinod G

Dec 25, 2015

Complaint No-299544-Ettumanoor Railway station No Announcement Complaint

Today (26/12/2015) I have took 2 tickets and 1 half ticket (Ticket No-A09426998 & 6999) to travel from Ettumanoor to Kollam in Eranakulam -Kollam Memu,with my wife,6 years old child and 8 month old infant.

We reached Ettumanoor Railway Station at 6.15am and the train scheduled time ( written in station) was 6.37am.

We were waiting for the train in platform.

The train came by around 6.50 am,but to the shock of all of the passengers who were waiting for the same train in the platform, the train came in the second rail which did not have the platform.
We were all in doubt for a minute whether this was the train which we were waiting for.
When the last compartment came,I asked loudly to the guard in the train,he told this is Memu to kollam.

Lot of passengers,many parents with kids,old men and ladies ,in the platform got panic how to get in to the train jumping from the platform,crossing the rail and climbing the train.
Some how everyone got in the train.

But from the time I reached the railway station,we didn't heard any announcement regarding the arrival of the train or in which rail it is coming.

If that was there we could have come and waited in the correct place for the train which could have avoided lot of panic situation for the passengers.

After getting my family in the train I came to the station masters room for giving complaint.

The persons there in the room behaved so arrogantly that this the system here and if you have any complaint you can avoid travelling or give complaint as if passengers complaint has no value at all.
I told them,a simple announcement from their side can avoid lot of problems,and I could find mike and speakers there.

Ettumanoor station has only one platform,bringing second platform is not in their control as they told,but announcing the train arrivals and in which platform the train is expected to arrive is in very much there control.

I have given a written complaint in the book with the station master in the short time and when I asked for the complaint book they took around 5 min searching for it.
I know that since my family is in the train and the train was about to start,the maximum they delay the complaint book,the chance of getting a written complaint can be avoided,may be their thought.
Even they warned me,using some culture less words in malayalam,to fetch the train train and dont complain that you missed the train.

I told them that I know if I missed the train that is my mistake and I dont have any right to complaint,and i wont regret also i have got my family in the train,but I need complaint book.
After I shouted like this only they provided me the complaint book.

Complaint sheet no-299544.
Kindly request Southern Railway to take necessary action to avoid such cases and accidents due to it.
Expecting a positive reply

Vadakkevila(P.O)
chalapathy65

Nov 27, 2015

WORST BEHAVIOUR OF STAFF

I am Senior Citizen Age 65 and my wife age is 57 years. We have taken general ticket to Kodambakkam from Perungalattur TICKET NO.A36693756 DATE..26/11/2015 evening train on 26th-11-2015. I am from Hydearbad. Sooner the local train reached in Perungalattur platform we have entered the 1st class confrontment by mistake and not knowing. Immediately the train reached in Tambaram honestly we like to shift in General confrontment . My self and my wife both are having severe knee pain. We got down from 1st class confrontment slowly and wants to shift general confrontment. sooner we got down one ticket inspector asked us our ticket and we have shown the ticket. We have explained also that by mistake we have boarded in 1st class not knowing. So we have got down and shifting to General conformant. But he have not accepted our explanation and asked him come to their office room forcibly.
Meanwhile one general passenger has also told the staff they are not knowing boarded in 1st class and now they are shifting honestly. Also he have requested him not to harass them. We have told him we are in Hyderabad and next day we are travelling to Hyderabad and shown the ticket also to him. But forcibly he took both of us to his office room and not offered seat also. My wife told him that he is having severe knee pain and he can not stand in long. But he have refused to offer to seat also. Their we have seen number of passengers also . He haveasked to pay penalty Rs.310/- for each ticket. Actually our ticket cost is Rs.10/- each ticket. My wife requested him to reduce and not to harass us. By he have not listen our word. But we have to hurry to catch other local train. We do not want to argue with him. But he said out two ticket I will charge only one ticket I will collect penalty Rs.310/-. We have accepted also. Since we do not have change. My wife has paid 1st RS.220/- and we do not have another RS.100/- note. But I was having Rs.500/- note. He have taken Rs.500/- note and he told I will charge RS.620/- penalty after seeing Rs.500/-note. The same we have shocked also. After taken payment from us immediately he have not given receipt to us. He have started arguing with other passenger like us . We have waited nearly 15 minutes after paying penalty and asked him to prepare the receipt. Because we have to catch other available train. He have not listened also and I was unable to stand there also. My wife has also started crying. After seeing our situation one police constable asked the staff to prepare receipt for us. He have given receipt after taken the penalty amount of Rs.620/-.We have asked to reduce Rs.20/- which we have already paid. But he have refused to reduced also the same. Our penalty receipt No.P0414251. The constable who is standing there and he helped us to enter the in next train and he felt our situation. The staff do not have sympathy with elders and talked and behaved with irrespective manners. . We request to railway department to give training to their staff how to behave with senior citizen and how to give respect their office also .He have taken us nearly 45 minutes to leave their office and other general public in platform they are watching us. .
We request to railway department to take our letter in sympathy manner and do the needful. We do not mind to paid the amount of Rs.620/- but we have been insulted in front of public and other staffs there Not only insult and he have waited us for 45 minutes and not even offer seat also.
This the situation of harassment by your staff for senior citizens.
Kindly do the needful
With regards

V.V.Chalapathy
Hyderabad
Sree Sabu

Nov 21, 2015

train starts with a bang and a jump

I am a regular passenger of the Chennai -Trivandrum super fast mail. In each station when the train starts with a jump and there is a great sound like dddbbaaaang. It is very irritating. One passenger fell down one day when the train moved. Please solve this issue. I am a avoiding this train for my journey. I hope it will get changed soon.
anonymousUserIndia

Oct 17, 2015

Kalasi tortured in Railway Engineer house

Kalasi being given too much work and tortured and harrased in Chennai. Southern Railway Chief Engineer named Venkatesan Krishnamachari is getting signature from kalasi (Servant) in blank sheet and filling up details and extending Servant's tenure to work at his residence. This has been happening quite many years at his residence at Ramapuram Chennai. Kalasi is not given leaves even in Diwali and other public holidays. Please take immediate action to protect the servant.
SJPrakash

Oct 17, 2015

No water to flush toilet,refuse to fill water in Passanger train

Hi I am a regular traveller from Coimbatore to Dindigul train no :-56320 (Cbe Ncj fast passenger)
This train starts early by 7:20 am with almost dry compartments with no water supply in toilets. This results in dirty n smelly toilets.
Early passengers doesn't need to refresh?

When reached Erode junction today (18/10/2015) requested a worker filling water for a long route train he said to contact supervisor.
Went n requested supervisor to fill a little amt of water, he said "WE DONT REFILL IN PASSENGER TRAINS WE NEVER DO THAT"

I Kindly request Southern railways to plz consider local passenger trains as well.
We passengers do pay for our journey thanks.
subashcrps

Oct 15, 2015

Introduction of beach train from Ambattur Rly station

sir [15-10-2015]

I am regular Train commuter from Ambattur Rly station to Beach at morning peack hours, ie 8.45 am and there is no beach train after 8.23 am TO 9.A.M ie, nearly 47 minutes, so, many beach train commuters will catch central train and again go for park station and catch the beach train, so this is very very difficulty to the Bech train passengers and also very crowded in all the madras central trains,so very difficult also for central.

In view of the above, I humble request for the railway authorities to introduce Beach train from Ambattur rly station at 8.45 Am
regularly and it will be more helpful to all govt.staffs and all the software people and the public, because today Beach Train Passengers are more crowded in the peak hours ie,8.30 AM to 9.A.M between Ambattur and the Beach,

So kindly do the early action and realy appreciate. Thanking you.
mani_r2001@rediffmail.com

Sep 17, 2015

Trichy pgt -Train late

I am mani the regular passenger for trichy to palakkad passenger train from coimbatore town to palakkad junction.trichy to palakkad passenger train not maintaing their timing, daily train late.passangers facing so many difficulties for this reason.most office timing is moring 9.30 to 6.30 after that we have only this train.if u put a passenger train after 6.30pm from coimbatore to palkkad that is very useful for public.or please take a action for this related authorites that is very thanksful.if the train is daily running by late we are missing our last bus from palakkad.we have... Dear authorites pl help to Passangers

Mani
vinoth07sekar

Sep 12, 2015

irrespective behaviour of shopkeeper

Iam vinoth today I have went to chennai beach station. I have went to one shop to have a cup of tea but the tea provide by the stall keeper is not in good quality so I asked for dat he spoke and treat me very badly and spoke with bad words so I have attached the licence number msb/s.17
harindran7011

Aug 21, 2015

Theft in train

I am harindran, 60 years old travelled on 17 Aug 2015, Monday from kannur to Salem by train no :16566 atw 22:15. At palakad station I just woke up and found my luggage missing. It was a traveling bag, named nakshatra pattu which contained my clothes, my personal belongings, house key, one bottle perfume, medicinal kit. Unfortunately at that time there was no policeman in the train nor at the station to file complaint . Couldnt find TT also. since i was in rush, couldnt wait there to meet the responible person.
Kindly help me to get back my luggage.
mohanjanarthan

Jun 29, 2015

TATKAL & TTR

DEAR SIR,
I AM J.MOHAN 61 YEARS OLD, SR CITIZEN , I BOOKED ON LINE RETURN TKT FROM KOVILPATTI TO CHENNAI EGMORE ,TRANI NO;12634, BOOKING DATE: 25.06.15,
I MISSED THE TRAIN IN KOVILPATTI, AND I CATCH THE TRAIN AT SATTUR,AT 21.10 HRS, YOUR TTR MR.CHECKED MY TKT & ID PROOF ALSO, MY COACH S6/69, MIDDLE BIRTH, BUT YOUR TTR TOLD ME YOU CANNOT TRAVEL IN THIS TRAIN, YOU CAN CATCH OTHER TRAIN, & YOUR TTR WAS GIVEN MY BIRTH AT KOVILPATTI TO SOME OTHER PASSENGER, HE HAS CHEATED ME, AND I MADE A COMPLAINT TO THE STATION MASTER AT 22.10 HRS AT VIRUDHU NAGAR, THIS IS NOT PUBLIC PROPERTY, EVERY WHERE YOUR COACH TTR MAKING THE MONEY, FROM THE PASSENGER, I HAVE TO RIGHT , & I AM A SR. CITIZEN, HOW CAN HE ASK ME TO GET DOWN FROM THE COACH, KINDLY TAKE ACTION WITH OUT ANY DELAY, & SHOULD NOT SUFFER ANOTHER PASSENGER, I MADE A COMPLIANT AGAINST TO THE TTR AT VIRUDHU NAGER STATION MASTER, AND HE HAS TAKEN ACTION, KINDLY DO THE NEED FULL, MY CONTACT NO : 09381723242, RES ADDRESS, 6/24, NEDUNCHEZIAN STREET, VIJAYA LAKSHMI PURAM, AMBATTUR, CHENNAI- 600053, TAMIL NADU
Shiva.P

Jun 11, 2015

Transgenders are misbehaving

I traveled in train no;56514(Bangalore-Karaikal fast passenger)from chidambaram to mayiladuthurai.While travelling two transgenders asked me to give money.I gave 5rs. They asked me to give more money and i refused to pay.Then they sat near to me and they misbehaved by talking bad words and did some annoying activities.

I kindly request southern railways to take necessary actions and help the passengers to travel freely
vels

Jun 11, 2015

parking of two wheelers stand at arakonam

Dear sir.,
Am one of the passenger, whose travelling Arakonam to Chennai daily premises. In that I have to park by bike at southern railway scooter stand.., in this stand there is no good basement to put my bike, and full of water stored in that place and no shed to protect by bike from sunlight and rain. then what is the use of given money for rs.10 per day. So, pls take action of these and ordered him to put tents or any other protective.
Jayaguru

Jun 4, 2015

Delay of Train during Arrivals at Egmore Station

Greetings, I am frequent passenger of 16116 Arsikere to PondiCherry Fast Passenger Train. this train reaches 7.45am in madurantakam. this train reaches chengalpattu station at8.40am. this traveling time 1 hr late.in train actual time in chengalpattu at 8.05am. egmore time at 9.20am but going to 10am.this train is very late. In this train daily 500 to 1000 middle class people travel working at Chennai. In this situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay. Please, take an immediate action against problems. change to egmore railway station at 9.05am please sir

With Regards
Jayaguru
mujeebureheman

May 24, 2015

Soil Erosion due to bridge piller

Sir ,
I lost about 20 cents of land due to the railway bridge pillar. Because of this pillar water current was very strong and which directly hit on my land side and taken away the underneath soil of the land . government had constructed a pitching wall two years before . Now that is eroded completely .Please do the need full on emergency basis.
with regards
A.M.Mujeebu Reheman
Guruprasad S R

May 20, 2015

South Western Railways

Delay of Train during Arrivals at Tumkur Station.

Greetings, I am frequent passenger of 56224/56223 Arsikere to Mysore Passenger Train. I am travelling on this train almost 4 years, and I notice that, this train reaches tumkur at 7:20am according to Railway Station Time Table, but now a days the train very late arrival at Tumkur Railway Station, simultaneously reach Bangalore City Railway station reach also very late. In this train daily 500 to 1000 middle class people travel working at Bangalore city.

Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

With Regards
Guru
shayaneshkp@gmail.com

May 4, 2015

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station/ Safety of passengers.

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station / Safety of passengers.

1) I am a frequent passenger of 12685/12686 Chennai Mangalore Express train. I am traveling on this train almost 6 months, and I notice that, this train reaches Vyasarpadi jiva at 7.30AM every Morning and waits for entering in to station, more than 45 minutes in the morning hours. Since this train is running on overnight and holding it few meters from station makes many of us in an irritating situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay which Chennai stations are creating. Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

2) Similarly while leaving from Chennai station it is found that many of the unreserved people and season pass holders are making disturbance to the reserved passengers by traveling on sleeper coaches, this was questioned many times and we have faced many criticizes and sarcastic comments from passengers who travel without proper records, even TTE's are also supporting those passengers by saying they are railway workers. I didn’t find not even a single guard coming or doing the routine check in these coaches. Only when it reaches in Palakkad some Kerala police cops used to do the checking’s, until then these people use to take advantage of all these unwanted reasons and support from TTEs. We recommend sleeper/reserved coaches for our safer journey where in these issues are making many questions, and to the women and lady passengers commuting from Chennai to Mangalore.

3) For general passenger coaches few people are holding seats, while the train coming from yard, and asking for money to travel/obtain those seats, I found many times, this situation turn in to fight with local people in the trains. No police used to turn to these areas even they are aware of these nuisance...

Please, take an immediate action against these problems.

Thanking You,
Shayanesh K P
pskani

Mar 24, 2015

Toilet Very Smelly - S10 Pearl City (24/03/2015)

Toilet not clean, very smelly. Not able to sleep. Fan is also not working. Train Number: 12693 (Pearl City) dep on 24 Mar 2015 from Chennai Egmore.

Kindly do the needful.

HP Gas - not to help
    I state you that,Name of Mr.Bishnupada Chaudhury gas was...
    Electricity board haryana - Low voltage
    To whomsoever it may concern, Since at least from last 2...
    meenakshi sharma - M.Sc final
    my self MEENAKSHI SHARMA Roll No. 1212106 My result is...
    Madhu Vihar dwarka power cut - Power cuts so frequently
    This is to inform you that we are facing so much of power...
    Aircel - Call drop and signal fluctuation
    Respected sir, I went to inform...
    Star Jalsa - Mahanayak not telecasted
    The Mahanayak soap I had been waiting for ages is not...
    UP Roadways - misbehave of conductor and not stopping on respected stand
    UP roadways drivers are unprofessional,today I was...