Southern Railways

Consumer complaints and reviews about Southern Railways

harindran7011

Aug 21, 2015

Theft in train

I am harindran, 60 years old travelled on 17 Aug 2015, Monday from kannur to Salem by train no :16566 atw 22:15. At palakad station I just woke up and found my luggage missing. It was a traveling bag, named nakshatra pattu which contained my clothes, my personal belongings, house key, one bottle perfume, medicinal kit. Unfortunately at that time there was no policeman in the train nor at the station to file complaint . Couldnt find TT also. since i was in rush, couldnt wait there to meet the responible person.
Kindly help me to get back my luggage.
mohanjanarthan

Jun 29, 2015

TATKAL & TTR

DEAR SIR,
I AM J.MOHAN 61 YEARS OLD, SR CITIZEN , I BOOKED ON LINE RETURN TKT FROM KOVILPATTI TO CHENNAI EGMORE ,TRANI NO;12634, BOOKING DATE: 25.06.15,
I MISSED THE TRAIN IN KOVILPATTI, AND I CATCH THE TRAIN AT SATTUR,AT 21.10 HRS, YOUR TTR MR.CHECKED MY TKT & ID PROOF ALSO, MY COACH S6/69, MIDDLE BIRTH, BUT YOUR TTR TOLD ME YOU CANNOT TRAVEL IN THIS TRAIN, YOU CAN CATCH OTHER TRAIN, & YOUR TTR WAS GIVEN MY BIRTH AT KOVILPATTI TO SOME OTHER PASSENGER, HE HAS CHEATED ME, AND I MADE A COMPLAINT TO THE STATION MASTER AT 22.10 HRS AT VIRUDHU NAGAR, THIS IS NOT PUBLIC PROPERTY, EVERY WHERE YOUR COACH TTR MAKING THE MONEY, FROM THE PASSENGER, I HAVE TO RIGHT , & I AM A SR. CITIZEN, HOW CAN HE ASK ME TO GET DOWN FROM THE COACH, KINDLY TAKE ACTION WITH OUT ANY DELAY, & SHOULD NOT SUFFER ANOTHER PASSENGER, I MADE A COMPLIANT AGAINST TO THE TTR AT VIRUDHU NAGER STATION MASTER, AND HE HAS TAKEN ACTION, KINDLY DO THE NEED FULL, MY CONTACT NO : 09381723242, RES ADDRESS, 6/24, NEDUNCHEZIAN STREET, VIJAYA LAKSHMI PURAM, AMBATTUR, CHENNAI- 600053, TAMIL NADU
Shiva.P

Jun 11, 2015

Transgenders are misbehaving

I traveled in train no;56514(Bangalore-Karaikal fast passenger)from chidambaram to mayiladuthurai.While travelling two transgenders asked me to give money.I gave 5rs. They asked me to give more money and i refused to pay.Then they sat near to me and they misbehaved by talking bad words and did some annoying activities.

I kindly request southern railways to take necessary actions and help the passengers to travel freely
vels

Jun 11, 2015

parking of two wheelers stand at arakonam

Dear sir.,
Am one of the passenger, whose travelling Arakonam to Chennai daily premises. In that I have to park by bike at southern railway scooter stand.., in this stand there is no good basement to put my bike, and full of water stored in that place and no shed to protect by bike from sunlight and rain. then what is the use of given money for rs.10 per day. So, pls take action of these and ordered him to put tents or any other protective.
Jayaguru

Jun 4, 2015

Delay of Train during Arrivals at Egmore Station

Greetings, I am frequent passenger of 16116 Arsikere to PondiCherry Fast Passenger Train. this train reaches 7.45am in madurantakam. this train reaches chengalpattu station at8.40am. this traveling time 1 hr late.in train actual time in chengalpattu at 8.05am. egmore time at 9.20am but going to 10am.this train is very late. In this train daily 500 to 1000 middle class people travel working at Chennai. In this situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay. Please, take an immediate action against problems. change to egmore railway station at 9.05am please sir

With Regards
Jayaguru
mujeebureheman

May 24, 2015

Soil Erosion due to bridge piller

Sir ,
I lost about 20 cents of land due to the railway bridge pillar. Because of this pillar water current was very strong and which directly hit on my land side and taken away the underneath soil of the land . government had constructed a pitching wall two years before . Now that is eroded completely .Please do the need full on emergency basis.
with regards
A.M.Mujeebu Reheman
Guruprasad S R

May 20, 2015

South Western Railways

Delay of Train during Arrivals at Tumkur Station.

Greetings, I am frequent passenger of 56224/56223 Arsikere to Mysore Passenger Train. I am travelling on this train almost 4 years, and I notice that, this train reaches tumkur at 7:20am according to Railway Station Time Table, but now a days the train very late arrival at Tumkur Railway Station, simultaneously reach Bangalore City Railway station reach also very late. In this train daily 500 to 1000 middle class people travel working at Bangalore city.

Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

With Regards
Guru
shayaneshkp@gmail.com

May 4, 2015

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station/ Safety of passengers.

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station / Safety of passengers.

1) I am a frequent passenger of 12685/12686 Chennai Mangalore Express train. I am traveling on this train almost 6 months, and I notice that, this train reaches Vyasarpadi jiva at 7.30AM every Morning and waits for entering in to station, more than 45 minutes in the morning hours. Since this train is running on overnight and holding it few meters from station makes many of us in an irritating situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay which Chennai stations are creating. Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

2) Similarly while leaving from Chennai station it is found that many of the unreserved people and season pass holders are making disturbance to the reserved passengers by traveling on sleeper coaches, this was questioned many times and we have faced many criticizes and sarcastic comments from passengers who travel without proper records, even TTE's are also supporting those passengers by saying they are railway workers. I didn’t find not even a single guard coming or doing the routine check in these coaches. Only when it reaches in Palakkad some Kerala police cops used to do the checking’s, until then these people use to take advantage of all these unwanted reasons and support from TTEs. We recommend sleeper/reserved coaches for our safer journey where in these issues are making many questions, and to the women and lady passengers commuting from Chennai to Mangalore.

3) For general passenger coaches few people are holding seats, while the train coming from yard, and asking for money to travel/obtain those seats, I found many times, this situation turn in to fight with local people in the trains. No police used to turn to these areas even they are aware of these nuisance...

Please, take an immediate action against these problems.

Thanking You,
Shayanesh K P
pskani

Mar 24, 2015

Toilet Very Smelly - S10 Pearl City (24/03/2015)

Toilet not clean, very smelly. Not able to sleep. Fan is also not working. Train Number: 12693 (Pearl City) dep on 24 Mar 2015 from Chennai Egmore.

Kindly do the needful.

MohamedG

Mar 11, 2015

public nuisance

In Thirumullaivoyal Rly stn Daily around 6.45 to 7.30 on working days, I noticed few couples( around 6 couples) are indulging in sexual acts in the railway station over bridge which affects the passersby and such an act makes them to feel discomfort to commute.

Please take necessary action to avoid these public nuisance.
pvdpaul

Feb 28, 2015

Jerking inside Bogie

Sir, My wife and I traveled by Chennai Mail from Kottayam to Chennai on 31/01/2015. There were so many jerks- violent inside the compartment, whenever the train started or picked up speed. This was so troubling as it was affecting the sleep of many pass angers like us, especially the elderly and children. This train was a prestigious train when it was upgraded from Cochin Mail to Trivandrum Mail nearly 40 years ago. I had complained about this earlier last year also. When we traveled to Manchriyal last December, we did not feel such trouble. Please check in to this matter and do the needful - whether bogie or engine . Thank you.

P.V.D.Paul
Lakshminarasimhan2015

Feb 3, 2015

sound ,vibiration on the compartment

Sir,My name is Lakshmi Narasimhan,I was traveled from Bangalore (sbc ) to Kumbakonam ( kmu ) ,Train No:16232 dated 28.01.2015 Wednesday S2 coach,PNR no 420-4081119 birth nos 69,70.this is above the wheel.when driver put the break lot of sound comes with bad smell.
with out sleep i was traveled.
At the same day 29.01.2015, I was return from Kumbakonam( kmu ) to Bangalore (sbc ) Train NO:16231, S3 coach birth no 65,66,PNR no 410-4081509.this is also above the wheel only, but i am unable to sleep,i had a lot of headache restless,with the fear what will happened i can't tell, because of non maintain the train.lot of horrible sound when train get fast continuously with vibration. I was made a compliant to TT near Thanjur.He told this is single line, after Trichy it comes to normal.But again that same sound came.again i went to TT at karur junction.He told i will find out in Eroad. But no one not attend the problem up to Bangalore.What will happened in the railway.I search inside the bogie any compliant phone no are available,but no phone no.sorry to say the department is worst maintain.why not right any toll phone no inside the compartment for emergency. Please note this,take further action. still now i am having the distress about this issue.If it is any derailment happened who is taking responsible for my life. passenger will not suffer in future.My phone No 9448380512,mail ID slnarasimhan2009@yahoo.co.in.I am waiting for your reply.
anr773

Jan 23, 2015

dredging under and beside of the railway bridge on the swarnamukhi river at naidupet, andhra pradesh

SOME FARMERS ARE DREDGING THE SAND UNDER AND BESIDE THE SWARNAMUKHI RIVER BRIDGE LOCATED AT NAIDUPET,IN ANDHRA PRADESH , THEY WERE DREDGING THE SAND BESIDE THE BRIDGE TO FORM A BUND TO DIVERT THE TELUGU GANGA WATER. IT IS TOO DANGEROUS FOR THAT BRIDGE LIFE. KINDLY TAKE SOME IMMEDIATE ACTION ON THAT FORMING OF BUND AND DEMOLISH THAT FORMING BUND IMMEDIAATELY. OTHERWISE THAT THE FORMING OF BUND BECOME ROUTEEN PROCESS EVERY YEAR. BE CAREFUL SIR
2009Baskaran

Dec 16, 2014

Harassment by Parking fee collectors

Today 16.12.2014 at 4.50am I was alighting from Mangalore express at Trichy Junction travelling from Chennai Egmore. and I Called a Taxi to travel to my residence. The Taxi driver has parked the car outside the premises of the Railway junction parking limit and that I carried all my luggages to that point where the cab was which is perfectly away from parking area. Yet the agents collecting parking fee rushed to the place where my cab was just movinging in and loading my baggages and blocked the cab and that agent harrassed me to pay a parking fee of Rs.10/- and forcefully colleced the same by issuing receipt No. 5654 carrying the Licencee Name as R. Ramesh. Who is to check this harrasment by the Licencee R. Ramesh and his team.
poonam khatri

Nov 30, 2014

Introduction of New Trains

I have been travelling from Chennai to Mumbai for the past twenty years. This is the most neglected route among the metropolitan cities.There are no fast trains running on this route.some fast trains like shatabdi or torrento should be introduced in this route and also new tracks should be laid.
sekar krishnamoorthy

Oct 6, 2014

Fine amounts collected by the TTEs are properly deposited to Railway or they are embezzled by the TTEs.

I T.K.Sekar travelled from St.Thomus Mount to Tambaram in EMU Train on 06.10.2014 by 11.00 AM. Mistakenly I boarded I class compartment with II class ticket. One TTE Mr.Muruganandam entered and examined my ticket, fined me, I too offered no excuse as the fault is on my part due to my negligence. I arranged money and to pay the same to him. He asked one of his colleague to collect the money. He has given a receipt for Rs.310 as fine bearing number: LOCAL AL 0386441 with the round seal of T.G.S.Squad Madras B. It is all over then.

My contention is,

For Gods sake nobody can read, what he has written in the receipt.
Why TTE Mr. Muruganandam asked another man to issue the receipt from different receipt book which was not his?
Could I be ascertain that my fine amount credited to Indian Railway or not?

Thanks with regards

T.K.Sekar
Chennai
chetantulsian

Sep 3, 2014

Seat Reservation in Hubli Dharwad Intercity

I recently traveled from hubli to bangalore (1-Sep) on the intercity train # 12726. Having experienced the rush earlier and having 2 kids travel with me, i decided to book tickets for the reserved coach. i was lucky & happy to see that the tickets were available on thr IRTCTC website, however, my happiness was short lived when i sat in the train. Initially, there were a lot of co passengers who boarded the same compartment although they did not have any reservations. Around an hour later, the TC diligently ensured that the passengers without a reservation were asked to move to a different compartment. This really helped the situation for about an hour or so, however, the moment the train reached davangere station, the compartment was full again and from then on, there was no difference between a reserved compartment and a general bogie.. Me and my family who had three reserved berth were pushed and had to fight our way to keep our seats. Even after repeatedly mentioning that ours was a reserved bogie, we were told that the reservation was only for the seats and that any passenger traveling with a valid general ticket can also board the same bogie. On defending my belief that they are not allowed in reserved compartments, i had faced with a lot of commotion and had to back out fearing worse scenarios with already pissed mob. The TC was no longer available from Davangere to handle the situation.. probably had got down.

My request is to have a TC or police to control the movement of crowd for the reserved coaches without which there is no meaning in booking a ticket a reservation we have to go through the same trouble as a general class passenger.

Chetan Tulsian
chetantulsian@gmail.com
public1234

Jul 7, 2014

Transgender's creating more problems in train

Hi, in chennai sub-urban trains(Chennai Beach-Chengalpet) transgender's are creating more problems by asking money to every people. They are misbehaving if a person is not giving money. Kindly take necessary actions to avoid these problems from transgenders.
public1234

Jul 7, 2014

Transgender's creating more problems in train

Hi, in chennai sub-urban trains transgender's are creating more problems by asking money to every people. They are misbehaving if a person is not giving money. Kindly take necessary actions to avoid these problems from transgenders.
kvrsusheela

Jun 16, 2014

theft in trains

I KV Ramachandran with mywife Susheela travelled by visakhapatnam kollm train on 17th April 2014 No.18567 by sleeper S3 49&52
wherein our trolly black suitcase which was tied by chain stollen by cutting the chain into two pieces noticed by us in Erode only The suitcase was caontaining money of Rs.25000/ and ATM card and chq book with PIN No. and the Miscreant has withdrawn money from the account in SBI ATM RLY STATION KATPADI Rs. 7000/- The complaint was lodged first in Erode and subsequently in Vellore(KATPADI) RPF . We lost our important file with house papers original tax bills water tax and all our clothes leaving no clothers for changing at our destination. The Katpadi Railway Police has got the photo of thief from SBI ATM an still the SI Mr. A.RAVI is unable to find out our goods and money and moreover he is telling that the amount cannot be traced out as it doesnot have record but the other things in the suitcase ie. clothes, ladies hand bag gents hand bag can be traced out. But still we have not received any positive reply from him after calling him on phone several times. We need the case should be solved immediately and the lost things along with the cash should be returned to us.
Ashokkap

Jun 4, 2014

Southern Railway Parking - improper additional charges

In Southern Railways bike parking area in Tambaram East (Chennai) railway station, monthly pass is Rs. 125 only, but they are asking Rs. 240 for the first month and Rs. 140 per month thereafter. In the monthly coupon, it is printed on Rs. 125.

If 100 new comers, Rs. 10 k is taken by them out of the law without any receipt etc. Similarly, Rs. 15 additional charges per month for existing users (if 500 people, 500*15=Rs.7500)

Authorities are requested to kindly do a raid, investigate, and remove this.
vaishusen

Apr 22, 2014

Train has not halted as per schedule, lack of information on coaches and Station master was sleeping at his duty

I have booked train tickets from Katpadi Station to Madurai for 23.04.2014 along with my family, train and booking details are given below:
Train name : DDN MDU Exp
Train No : 12688
Date of Departure : 23.04.2014
PNR Number : 2830640550
From Station : Katpadi
To Station : Madurai

We have booked our tickets in B1 coach and there is no information on coaches in the station and the display boards which shows the coach position in the katpadi station are not working, manual information on coach information is also not available. When we tried to approach station master, he is sleeping inside his room and we try to wake him up but he has not responded. We were totally clueless on where B1 coach comes. When train reaches we noticed B2 is in the front part of the train and B1 coach is not near by B2. Sleeper class coaches are next to us and the doors are not opened. We have been running to get into any of the coaches along with my kid and elderly parents. But before we get in to any coach the train has started moving and we could not get in to running train and so we missed the train. The train which is supposed to halt for 2 mins has departed within few seconds. All this mesh has happened because of station master sleeping during his duty time and lack of information on the station. I request railway department to take necessary action on the station master of Katpadi station and make proper arrangements in the station where all necessary information is displayed properly, So that common man who depend on railways are not affected like us. I need speedy reply for my mail and my booking amount to be refunded.....

Vaishnavi.
balrajramesh

Dec 8, 2013

coach not maintained properly

R/sir, as per PNR 4257020391 & 4810710653 T.NO16105/ 16106 I TRAVELLED 3ac B1 coach has not maintained properly bathroom door were not properly closed, no tissue papaer, hand wash soap liquid not provided, toilet jug not provided its very highly difficult to travel disabled person, old aged person, since i reported to concern TTE their not carred, they simply diverted pl give the compalint to guard complaint suggestion box, sir i am 75% affected by polio how i can move to guard area, my heart is very wounded when they used words, 94440 14440, kindly rectify the problem to travel other passengers also,
karthickr

Nov 23, 2013

I lost my luggage in train no 12681-special train(No police was in train)

Actually i missed my luggage while im traveling on 16.11.2013 through coimbatore xpress(special train-weekly once). after crossing erode junction i just woke up and found my luggage bag was missing. Which it consists of my original license, original pancard, atms, samsung basic model phone, dresses. I cant find any of the police in the train. My request was to allocate some guards in these kind of special trains.
What i surprised was, while i raised a complaint in coimbatore railway police station they simply said to go erode railway station. Even i contacted to erode railway police station, they said complain this to coimbatore railway station.
So what can I do now?
rajan404

Nov 4, 2013

Pathetic condition of train Toilet

My Complaint No W/SR/TVC/000024310 dated 24 Oct 2013 and refer PNR No: 425-6058303, Train No: 12483, dated 16-10-13 from KYJ to ASR. [S6-5 & 8] This is regarding the pathetic condition of train compartment, in which I had to travel from KYJ to ASR. a. The flushing system of the all toilets was missing from the locations. Hence no passenger could able to flush after using the toilet. Just imagine what will be the conditions of the passengers traveling 3600km (3 days) like us whose seats are allotted near this area. It is quite regrettable and pity to state that, we could not eat and drink a glass of water during the entire journey due to the horrible smell from the toilet. b. It is quite deplorable, shameful to say that, what does maintenance staffs do at Yard and what are the moral responsibilities of the superiors. When will stop such ill-treatment. It is requested that, please investigate the matter and do the needful to solve the problems permanently.
Rajan Varghese 404, Parshva Deep Stella, Vasai Road West Maharashtra- 401 202 Mob- 09665113394.
rajan_404@rediffmail.com

IGNOU - grade card not adding my marks ahe 1 subject assignment
    Assignment Ahe1 and project Ahe1p My name is aryan...
    RBI - Confused
    I got an email from the rbi saying my email id has won...
    PlacementIndia.com - vasu@650
    Dear friends, Yesterday I got a call from placement...
    BRITISH SAMSUNG AWARD2015 - I WON 490000000
    Respected to sir i Ayyana Goud Nagaraju Goud actuallyi...
    dakshinanchal vidyut vitran nigam ltd. - Electric city problem
    We are glad to informed that we are live in Block Sarsaul...
    Samsung note - Cell Phone lost/theft
    I want to inform you that i had lost/theft my samsung note...
    Honda Motor Company. Ltd - HONDA LOTTERY PROMOTION
    India's Central Bank Reserve Bank of India...
    Indigo - Need Duplicate copy of boarding pass for reimbursement
    had boarded Indigo flight no. 6E 302 from HYD to Delhi on...
    EPASS KARNATAKA - non working phone numbers
    in the home page of epass karnataka, they have given 3...
    Reliance - No network coverage
    I reside at shakti nagar near tikona park gurgaon. I...