Southern Railways

Consumer complaints and reviews about Southern Railways

Guruprasad S R

May 20, 2015

South Western Railways

Delay of Train during Arrivals at Tumkur Station.

Greetings, I am frequent passenger of 56224/56223 Arsikere to Mysore Passenger Train. I am travelling on this train almost 4 years, and I notice that, this train reaches tumkur at 7:20am according to Railway Station Time Table, but now a days the train very late arrival at Tumkur Railway Station, simultaneously reach Bangalore City Railway station reach also very late. In this train daily 500 to 1000 middle class people travel working at Bangalore city.

In this situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay. Please, take an immediate action against problems.
Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

With Regards
Guru
shayaneshkp@gmail.com

May 4, 2015

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station/ Safety of passengers.

Delay of train during arrivals at Chennai Station / Safety of passengers.

1) I am a frequent passenger of 12685/12686 Chennai Mangalore Express train. I am traveling on this train almost 6 months, and I notice that, this train reaches Vyasarpadi jiva at 7.30AM every Morning and waits for entering in to station, more than 45 minutes in the morning hours. Since this train is running on overnight and holding it few meters from station makes many of us in an irritating situation and we find difficulties in reaching our office well in time due to unidentified delay which Chennai stations are creating. Kindly look in to this issue and make us commute early.

2) Similarly while leaving from Chennai station it is found that many of the unreserved people and season pass holders are making disturbance to the reserved passengers by traveling on sleeper coaches, this was questioned many times and we have faced many criticizes and sarcastic comments from passengers who travel without proper records, even TTE's are also supporting those passengers by saying they are railway workers. I didn’t find not even a single guard coming or doing the routine check in these coaches. Only when it reaches in Palakkad some Kerala police cops used to do the checking’s, until then these people use to take advantage of all these unwanted reasons and support from TTEs. We recommend sleeper/reserved coaches for our safer journey where in these issues are making many questions, and to the women and lady passengers commuting from Chennai to Mangalore.

3) For general passenger coaches few people are holding seats, while the train coming from yard, and asking for money to travel/obtain those seats, I found many times, this situation turn in to fight with local people in the trains. No police used to turn to these areas even they are aware of these nuisance...

Please, take an immediate action against these problems.

Thanking You,
Shayanesh K P
pskani

Mar 24, 2015

Toilet Very Smelly - S10 Pearl City (24/03/2015)

Toilet not clean, very smelly. Not able to sleep. Fan is also not working. Train Number: 12693 (Pearl City) dep on 24 Mar 2015 from Chennai Egmore.

Kindly do the needful.

MohamedG

Mar 11, 2015

public nuisance

In Thirumullaivoyal Rly stn Daily around 6.45 to 7.30 on working days, I noticed few couples( around 6 couples) are indulging in sexual acts in the railway station over bridge which affects the passersby and such an act makes them to feel discomfort to commute.

Please take necessary action to avoid these public nuisance.
pvdpaul

Feb 28, 2015

Jerking inside Bogie

Sir, My wife and I traveled by Chennai Mail from Kottayam to Chennai on 31/01/2015. There were so many jerks- violent inside the compartment, whenever the train started or picked up speed. This was so troubling as it was affecting the sleep of many pass angers like us, especially the elderly and children. This train was a prestigious train when it was upgraded from Cochin Mail to Trivandrum Mail nearly 40 years ago. I had complained about this earlier last year also. When we traveled to Manchriyal last December, we did not feel such trouble. Please check in to this matter and do the needful - whether bogie or engine . Thank you.

P.V.D.Paul
Lakshminarasimhan2015

Feb 3, 2015

sound ,vibiration on the compartment

Sir,My name is Lakshmi Narasimhan,I was traveled from Bangalore (sbc ) to Kumbakonam ( kmu ) ,Train No:16232 dated 28.01.2015 Wednesday S2 coach,PNR no 420-4081119 birth nos 69,70.this is above the wheel.when driver put the break lot of sound comes with bad smell.
with out sleep i was traveled.
At the same day 29.01.2015, I was return from Kumbakonam( kmu ) to Bangalore (sbc ) Train NO:16231, S3 coach birth no 65,66,PNR no 410-4081509.this is also above the wheel only, but i am unable to sleep,i had a lot of headache restless,with the fear what will happened i can't tell, because of non maintain the train.lot of horrible sound when train get fast continuously with vibration. I was made a compliant to TT near Thanjur.He told this is single line, after Trichy it comes to normal.But again that same sound came.again i went to TT at karur junction.He told i will find out in Eroad. But no one not attend the problem up to Bangalore.What will happened in the railway.I search inside the bogie any compliant phone no are available,but no phone no.sorry to say the department is worst maintain.why not right any toll phone no inside the compartment for emergency. Please note this,take further action. still now i am having the distress about this issue.If it is any derailment happened who is taking responsible for my life. passenger will not suffer in future.My phone No 9448380512,mail ID slnarasimhan2009@yahoo.co.in.I am waiting for your reply.
anr773

Jan 23, 2015

dredging under and beside of the railway bridge on the swarnamukhi river at naidupet, andhra pradesh

SOME FARMERS ARE DREDGING THE SAND UNDER AND BESIDE THE SWARNAMUKHI RIVER BRIDGE LOCATED AT NAIDUPET,IN ANDHRA PRADESH , THEY WERE DREDGING THE SAND BESIDE THE BRIDGE TO FORM A BUND TO DIVERT THE TELUGU GANGA WATER. IT IS TOO DANGEROUS FOR THAT BRIDGE LIFE. KINDLY TAKE SOME IMMEDIATE ACTION ON THAT FORMING OF BUND AND DEMOLISH THAT FORMING BUND IMMEDIAATELY. OTHERWISE THAT THE FORMING OF BUND BECOME ROUTEEN PROCESS EVERY YEAR. BE CAREFUL SIR
2009Baskaran

Dec 16, 2014

Harassment by Parking fee collectors

Today 16.12.2014 at 4.50am I was alighting from Mangalore express at Trichy Junction travelling from Chennai Egmore. and I Called a Taxi to travel to my residence. The Taxi driver has parked the car outside the premises of the Railway junction parking limit and that I carried all my luggages to that point where the cab was which is perfectly away from parking area. Yet the agents collecting parking fee rushed to the place where my cab was just movinging in and loading my baggages and blocked the cab and that agent harrassed me to pay a parking fee of Rs.10/- and forcefully colleced the same by issuing receipt No. 5654 carrying the Licencee Name as R. Ramesh. Who is to check this harrasment by the Licencee R. Ramesh and his team.
poonam khatri

Nov 30, 2014

Introduction of New Trains

I have been travelling from Chennai to Mumbai for the past twenty years. This is the most neglected route among the metropolitan cities.There are no fast trains running on this route.some fast trains like shatabdi or torrento should be introduced in this route and also new tracks should be laid.
sekar krishnamoorthy

Oct 6, 2014

Fine amounts collected by the TTEs are properly deposited to Railway or they are embezzled by the TTEs.

I T.K.Sekar travelled from St.Thomus Mount to Tambaram in EMU Train on 06.10.2014 by 11.00 AM. Mistakenly I boarded I class compartment with II class ticket. One TTE Mr.Muruganandam entered and examined my ticket, fined me, I too offered no excuse as the fault is on my part due to my negligence. I arranged money and to pay the same to him. He asked one of his colleague to collect the money. He has given a receipt for Rs.310 as fine bearing number: LOCAL AL 0386441 with the round seal of T.G.S.Squad Madras B. It is all over then.

My contention is,

For Gods sake nobody can read, what he has written in the receipt.
Why TTE Mr. Muruganandam asked another man to issue the receipt from different receipt book which was not his?
Could I be ascertain that my fine amount credited to Indian Railway or not?

Thanks with regards

T.K.Sekar
Chennai
chetantulsian

Sep 3, 2014

Seat Reservation in Hubli Dharwad Intercity

I recently traveled from hubli to bangalore (1-Sep) on the intercity train # 12726. Having experienced the rush earlier and having 2 kids travel with me, i decided to book tickets for the reserved coach. i was lucky & happy to see that the tickets were available on thr IRTCTC website, however, my happiness was short lived when i sat in the train. Initially, there were a lot of co passengers who boarded the same compartment although they did not have any reservations. Around an hour later, the TC diligently ensured that the passengers without a reservation were asked to move to a different compartment. This really helped the situation for about an hour or so, however, the moment the train reached davangere station, the compartment was full again and from then on, there was no difference between a reserved compartment and a general bogie.. Me and my family who had three reserved berth were pushed and had to fight our way to keep our seats. Even after repeatedly mentioning that ours was a reserved bogie, we were told that the reservation was only for the seats and that any passenger traveling with a valid general ticket can also board the same bogie. On defending my belief that they are not allowed in reserved compartments, i had faced with a lot of commotion and had to back out fearing worse scenarios with already pissed mob. The TC was no longer available from Davangere to handle the situation.. probably had got down.

My request is to have a TC or police to control the movement of crowd for the reserved coaches without which there is no meaning in booking a ticket a reservation we have to go through the same trouble as a general class passenger.

Chetan Tulsian
chetantulsian@gmail.com
public1234

Jul 7, 2014

Transgender's creating more problems in train

Hi, in chennai sub-urban trains(Chennai Beach-Chengalpet) transgender's are creating more problems by asking money to every people. They are misbehaving if a person is not giving money. Kindly take necessary actions to avoid these problems from transgenders.
public1234

Jul 7, 2014

Transgender's creating more problems in train

Hi, in chennai sub-urban trains transgender's are creating more problems by asking money to every people. They are misbehaving if a person is not giving money. Kindly take necessary actions to avoid these problems from transgenders.
kvrsusheela

Jun 16, 2014

theft in trains

I KV Ramachandran with mywife Susheela travelled by visakhapatnam kollm train on 17th April 2014 No.18567 by sleeper S3 49&52
wherein our trolly black suitcase which was tied by chain stollen by cutting the chain into two pieces noticed by us in Erode only The suitcase was caontaining money of Rs.25000/ and ATM card and chq book with PIN No. and the Miscreant has withdrawn money from the account in SBI ATM RLY STATION KATPADI Rs. 7000/- The complaint was lodged first in Erode and subsequently in Vellore(KATPADI) RPF . We lost our important file with house papers original tax bills water tax and all our clothes leaving no clothers for changing at our destination. The Katpadi Railway Police has got the photo of thief from SBI ATM an still the SI Mr. A.RAVI is unable to find out our goods and money and moreover he is telling that the amount cannot be traced out as it doesnot have record but the other things in the suitcase ie. clothes, ladies hand bag gents hand bag can be traced out. But still we have not received any positive reply from him after calling him on phone several times. We need the case should be solved immediately and the lost things along with the cash should be returned to us.
Ashokkap

Jun 4, 2014

Southern Railway Parking - improper additional charges

In Southern Railways bike parking area in Tambaram East (Chennai) railway station, monthly pass is Rs. 125 only, but they are asking Rs. 240 for the first month and Rs. 140 per month thereafter. In the monthly coupon, it is printed on Rs. 125.

If 100 new comers, Rs. 10 k is taken by them out of the law without any receipt etc. Similarly, Rs. 15 additional charges per month for existing users (if 500 people, 500*15=Rs.7500)

Authorities are requested to kindly do a raid, investigate, and remove this.
vaishusen

Apr 22, 2014

Train has not halted as per schedule, lack of information on coaches and Station master was sleeping at his duty

I have booked train tickets from Katpadi Station to Madurai for 23.04.2014 along with my family, train and booking details are given below:
Train name : DDN MDU Exp
Train No : 12688
Date of Departure : 23.04.2014
PNR Number : 2830640550
From Station : Katpadi
To Station : Madurai

We have booked our tickets in B1 coach and there is no information on coaches in the station and the display boards which shows the coach position in the katpadi station are not working, manual information on coach information is also not available. When we tried to approach station master, he is sleeping inside his room and we try to wake him up but he has not responded. We were totally clueless on where B1 coach comes. When train reaches we noticed B2 is in the front part of the train and B1 coach is not near by B2. Sleeper class coaches are next to us and the doors are not opened. We have been running to get into any of the coaches along with my kid and elderly parents. But before we get in to any coach the train has started moving and we could not get in to running train and so we missed the train. The train which is supposed to halt for 2 mins has departed within few seconds. All this mesh has happened because of station master sleeping during his duty time and lack of information on the station. I request railway department to take necessary action on the station master of Katpadi station and make proper arrangements in the station where all necessary information is displayed properly, So that common man who depend on railways are not affected like us. I need speedy reply for my mail and my booking amount to be refunded.....

Vaishnavi.
balrajramesh

Dec 8, 2013

coach not maintained properly

R/sir, as per PNR 4257020391 & 4810710653 T.NO16105/ 16106 I TRAVELLED 3ac B1 coach has not maintained properly bathroom door were not properly closed, no tissue papaer, hand wash soap liquid not provided, toilet jug not provided its very highly difficult to travel disabled person, old aged person, since i reported to concern TTE their not carred, they simply diverted pl give the compalint to guard complaint suggestion box, sir i am 75% affected by polio how i can move to guard area, my heart is very wounded when they used words, 94440 14440, kindly rectify the problem to travel other passengers also,
karthickr

Nov 23, 2013

I lost my luggage in train no 12681-special train(No police was in train)

Actually i missed my luggage while im traveling on 16.11.2013 through coimbatore xpress(special train-weekly once). after crossing erode junction i just woke up and found my luggage bag was missing. Which it consists of my original license, original pancard, atms, samsung basic model phone, dresses. I cant find any of the police in the train. My request was to allocate some guards in these kind of special trains.
What i surprised was, while i raised a complaint in coimbatore railway police station they simply said to go erode railway station. Even i contacted to erode railway police station, they said complain this to coimbatore railway station.
So what can I do now?
rajan404

Nov 4, 2013

Pathetic condition of train Toilet

My Complaint No W/SR/TVC/000024310 dated 24 Oct 2013 and refer PNR No: 425-6058303, Train No: 12483, dated 16-10-13 from KYJ to ASR. [S6-5 & 8] This is regarding the pathetic condition of train compartment, in which I had to travel from KYJ to ASR. a. The flushing system of the all toilets was missing from the locations. Hence no passenger could able to flush after using the toilet. Just imagine what will be the conditions of the passengers traveling 3600km (3 days) like us whose seats are allotted near this area. It is quite regrettable and pity to state that, we could not eat and drink a glass of water during the entire journey due to the horrible smell from the toilet. b. It is quite deplorable, shameful to say that, what does maintenance staffs do at Yard and what are the moral responsibilities of the superiors. When will stop such ill-treatment. It is requested that, please investigate the matter and do the needful to solve the problems permanently.
Rajan Varghese 404, Parshva Deep Stella, Vasai Road West Maharashtra- 401 202 Mob- 09665113394.
rajan_404@rediffmail.com
NVRamanan

Nov 1, 2013

poor maintenance of coach

we had a horrible night journey when we traveled from agra to chennai by grand trunk express on 30th oct 2013, pnr no 2722411407, in coach no 05027, berth no 3 and 5, It was horrible when train exceeds speed of 45 to 50 kmp, the vibration sound unbearable and disturbed every one and robbed their good night's sleep having paid fare fro 2ac , we deprived of the happiness of travelling by ac coach, i called the running staff attached to Ac units they also said it is due to vibration under the coach, and need to be attended by the engineers of the maintenance depot,
My request to you is to look in to this sound and rectify the problem before it becomes a major one and save huge amount of money, and can avoid a mishap ,
N venkatramanan
NVRamanan

Nov 1, 2013

poor maintenance of coach

I traveled along with my wife in 2A berth no 3 and 5 in coach no 05027 from AGRA to Chennai by Grand trunk exp took train on 30th October 2013,PNR no 2722411407
iam sorry to say the pitiable condition of the train and its maintenance, I traveled in both GT and TN Exp several times, but i found it to be sorry state of affairs in our SR , The coach in which we traveled really a horrible because of terrible vibration sound emanating from below the compartment, i was shocked to see the condition and poor quality of maintenance, I called the Ac mechanics who are on duty in the train, they also noticed and said it is mechanical problem, needs attention from senior engineer, also they said they will be making comments in their books , and they said they are helpless, Then TTE was informed and TTE told through them if I need a change of berth he will arrange and give, I was reluctant in going to different compartment with all my luggage etc.on the second night journey, i managed without regular sleep and reached chennai in time, Thanks to the driving staff
I request you, through this complaint to do attend the problem before it becomes a big one and end up in a mishap.

Oct 4, 2013

Not visible 06805 & 06806

The ad is been posted for the new train from Trichy to Sai nagar and back. But they are not visible as of now. We tried going to the counter to book but they are also unable to view the train.

Please check that the database is been loaded and the henceforth check if you announce the train please upload the same in the irctc also

Oct 4, 2013

holiday special trains is not been shown in the reservation counter and in irctc

holiday special train number is 06805 , we have seen a ad about holiday special train from Sai Nagar Shirdi to Tiruchchirappalli they have said that they will upload the train on october 1 so that we can reserve the train pleace take a necessary action
anandpra

Sep 23, 2013

About North Indian Guys

I am working in cochin, my native is chennai. Every week I am going to chennai and return to cochin. Usually I preferred unreserved coches. I found many north indian guys smoking inside the train itself while the train is in motion. They will not obey others and also not care with co-passengers (aged people and kids). Kindly get through this compalint immeditate.

Anand
Purshothaman

Jul 21, 2013

College boys misbehaving with women passengers

On 19.07.2013, Friday we were travelling in train no.56821-Mayiladuthurai-Tirunelveli Passenger [11.20 AM departure time]. It reached Trichirapalli at 2.00 pm. Lot of students boarded at Trichy junction. Those students traveled from Trichy to Manaparai. Boys among them were using mobile cameras. They search the compartments where lot of women and girls are more crowed. As soon as train started, they started targeting good looking women and girls and tried to either video-graph or take photos with their mobiles, pretending as if they are speaking in their mobiles. Once they complete taking photos, they exchange their photos with their friends happily and make comments.I was with my wife and daughter who noticed the same and advised my daughter to close her face with shawl. It irritated the boys. On account of which, till they got down at Manaparai, they criticized us and passed sarcastic comments on us. It was a hard journey for us, I was helpless and didn't have courage to fight with the student rogues. It is a very bad culture from the students which I never expected. If railway police look into this and check with their police personnel during such time many offenders who cause inconvenience to women passengers will be caught. It seems those boys will be having season pass/students' pass.If they are caught red-handed and punished either by ceasing their mobiles or their season/concession tickets, other boys will have fear to do the same. Will the Southern Railway authority take necessary stringent action against them?

With regards.
S. Purshothaman - Cuddalore-1

CBSE - CBSE BOARD RESULTS
    As the CBSE grade 12 results are going to be...
    Vodaphone - internet services are not provided
    I am writing this complaint with deep anguish and pain...
    Railway IRCTC - On line booking is not done
    Sir, While booking the tickets at the time of of making...
    Godrej eon - unsatisfied with your service
    YOUR SERVICE MAN MR ANSARI (9471565392), IS REPEATEDLY...
    BSES Rajdhani - electricity new conection
    Dear sir madam I have been applied for new conection...
    BSNL - Hungama
    Please deactivate the BSNL hungama from my landline no....
    344126 - Fraud Trasacation with my ICICI Bank accout
    Dear ICICI team and cyber crime cell My name is...
    Delhi Police - Mobile Phone Theft/Lost - Mobile theft
    To  The SHO Kapashera police station New...
    UPSRTC - driver
    Dear sir Yesterday I was travelling from delhi to...