Tata Sky, HD set top box -
Consumer complaints and reviews about Tata Sky, HD set top box -
Aug 16, 2013
Cheating through communication of set top box upgradation
Tata sky ID No:1022356818 with multi TV with 2 set top boxes. (subscribed to TATA sky South mega pack), registered mobile No 9890024957
I am one of Tata Skyr premium customer since 2004 i.e from the year Tata sky started.
On 9th Aug 2013 , I received a phone call from the customer care of TATA Sky. they have communicated me for the up gradation of the Set top box and given me information as under:
1. upgrade from current set top box to new version which is free of cost.
2. Upgrade to HD set top box with Rs. 990/- extra one time charges and clearly told me that i will be getting all the HD channels free of cost after 24 hours.
3. Upgrade to HD set top box with recording facility for an additional cost Rs. 4000/-
Based on the above communication , I have decided to go for one normal upgraded box and one with HD set top box with Rs 990/- extra charges . My decision to go for the HD set top box with Rs 990/- one time charges was based on the clear briefing given to me that i will be getting all the HD channels free of cost after 24 hours.
accordingly they have installed the boxes and collected Rs 990/- from me on 9th Aug.
On 10th Aug , i.e after 24 hrs of installing of the HD box , when we inquired with customer care about activation of the HD channels, to our surprised the customer care told us that we won't be getting the HD channels free as we have the South mega pack activated in our ID and that I have to pay additional Rs 900/- extra in Feb 2014 to activate the HD channels.
This is clear wrong communication to me and had the above matter was made clear to me i would not have opted for the HD set top box at all. Thereafter i have requested customer care that since there was a wrong communication to me and they tata sky is not able to give me free HD channels as committed before installation of HD set top box , i have requested them to give me only normal upgraded set top box, take the HD set top box and refund Rs 990/- charged to me for the same. Since 10th Aug 13 i have raised and registered my complaints with customer care for the said issue several times but no action has been taken .
Further more, the HD set top box installed is found to be faulty and going blank almost every day for 4-5 times and every time I have to switch off & on the set top box. This is an additional harassment to me.
I want to bring to your notice the following:
1. That there was a wrong communication to me from TATA sky customer care that if i go for HD box i will be getting free HD channels and only based on that information i have opted for it an paid Rs. 990/-.
2. Now the customer care is telling me that yes there was a mistake from their side but they are not in a position to change now and as a premium customer i have to suffer and wait till Feb 2014 and pay an additional Rs 900/-for HD channels.
3. Further more the HD set top box installed is faulty and getting hanged frequently.
This is a clear case of cheating a premium customer and harassment for an amount of Rs. 990/- which clearly reflect that Tata sky is getting into cheating and squeezing money from the customer and have no empathy and customer centricity towards premium and loyal customers.
I request to the following:
1. Please replace the HD set top box with a normal upgraded set top box and refund me Rs 990/- charged to me. or
2. An alternate option is to give me free HD channels till Feb-2104 and thereafter I will subscribe to Mega pack with HD facility and pay the difference.
please look into the matter on priority basis and resolve the matter considering that there was a wrong communication to the customer.
Previous 1 Next
Share this site with others
Recently Updated Complaints