Tata Sky

Consumer complaints and reviews about Tata Sky

Oct 13, 2015

No Service

My Tata sky services is barred regularly, for the repetitive complain, no one addressing the same, if some of the person attain the
same, he is not competent enough to deal the issue. my id:1070563000, check the same with the service provider.
Arun Singh
Oct 11, 2015

bad connection

wrost working thats no need of cutomer satisfaction
Ashok Suchak
Sep 6, 2015

Defect in service

Regarding subscriber ID : 1037303490, I have effortlessly tried with the help of call centers and finally I had to write Harit Nagpad (Managing Director - Tata Sky) to get resolution to problems faced by me in getting signals since December, 2014 up to August, 2015.

Since, before December 2014, I had problems in watching most of the channels and there was message of “No Signal”. I raised this issue with Tata Sky Call centers since then in December, 2014, February / March, 2015, June 2015 and August, 2015 but Tata Sky took 8 months to solve this problem of “No signal”.
I had been given various reasons while calling at call center as to call centers was under migration so cannot take any request and Tata Sky is under satellite migration process so that was temporary. Whereas visiting engineers at four different times have given me different reason as to (a) change the disk and cam, (b) replace cable, (c) relocate it, and (d) lastly change the digicom during their visits for complaints entered in December, 2014, February / March, 2015, June 2015 and August, 2015. Finally, engineer visited and changed the Digicom which had resolved problem in August 2015 (if I recollect correctly it was 23rd August, 2015).

Nonetheless, I had made humongous efforts since December, 2014 to get the service restored, Tata Sky failed to restore the service for 8 months and I had to compromise on the channels as I was not able to see almost 70% of the channels I had subscribed.

Once the service was restored I raised numbers of issues with Tata Sky call centers as to refund the entire sum of subscriptions I paid since December 2014 till the service was restored in August 2015, but every-time I have been informed that there was no service request registered by me in past so they cannot process the refund. The forts I have made to resolve issue with call center can be evident from the trailing e-mails attached which were sent to help@tatasky.com and Managing Director of Tata Sky Harit Nagpal (without any resolution by Tata Sky).

I believe that no customer can have trail of entire service requests placed over the period, but I wound as to how Tata Sky could not have that. However, while running through my previous statements and e-mail, I could find out atleast one out of requests raised 4 to 5 times dueing December 2014 to August 2015. The request was raised in the month of December 2014 and engineer had visited to attend service requests (If I recollect correctly request no was 1.34730037680 or 1.34735621165). This can be further evident from the visiting charges of Rs. 170 levied on 12 December, 2014 to substantiate that I has started efforts in December, 2014 to get service restored. However, the engineer could not resolve problem and accordingly I had to make efforts to resolve problems in February / March 2015, June 2015 and finally in August, 2015.

Further service requests to continuation of efforts are JO604VV, JPEU6OZ, JPEA7OZ, JQK8YOK, JT15HAR, 1.34730037680, 1.34735621165, etc.

Further, during visit by engineers I had specifically denied to levy any visit charges as every time Tata Sky cannot charge for service which it did not resolve in past. I understand when I got call back on 1st September, 2015 and 6th September, 2015 from Tata Sky against some of these complaints and it was wonder to know that Tata Sky do not have any service request registered in past including in December, 2014 which I have provided date of charges debited by Tata Sky and service request number.

Further during call on 1st September, 2015 Ms Bhakti (Senior) had committed me to arrange call back within 24 hours from Nodal Office and agreed to send me relevant reference number for complaint forwarded to Nodal Office. I am yet awaiting reference number as committed and call back from Nadal Office. While taking to another executive today Ms Preeti (for complaint no JT15HAR / JT15HAB) it was even surprising to know that there was no such commitment given to me. I would advise in this situation to listen recording of call to understand way your executives fool your customer. If this false statement can be made by Tata Sky, there is no surprise that you do not have records in your system of complaints raised with you. With this I do not agree as to Tata Sky does not have recorded to service or they have intentionally chosen not to record the service.

Having regard to inability of Tata Sky to restore the service during December, 2014 to August, 2015, I would like to get the entire sum of subscription refund which I have paid during this period and did not get service. Also Rs. 100,000 compensation for the mental harassment caused due to forgoing and defect in service by Tata Sky.

As per me, none of the service request is resolved and considered close though concerned executive have suo-moto chosen to close the service requests.

Reach out to me at 919619777234 only if you can resolve this to my satisfaction.

Ashok Suchak
Sep 2, 2015

2nd hd box not installed till date, in spite of several reminder.

From 4th June 2015, your service personal could not installed my 2nd hd box till date. But your finance section has already deducted Rs.170/- & Rs.230/- .
There is communication gap between your technical wing & finance wing. Please try to confirm from your Nagpur dealer that whether they have installed the 2nd hd box of ID no:- 1047413800.
Awaiting your response.

Aug 20, 2015

No signal

My Subscriber ID : 1011771738. I have tried to contact all possible way and resolve my issue but every thing is in vain. The screen of TV is showing the pop up that Set Top Box is not receiving Signal. Yesterday when i had a detailed conversation with call center floor manager on my charges as call are chargeable at there call center is routed to USA i think. He is saying to send a technician for signal issue i have to pay a amount of 170.. which is a funny surprise to me as the disc belongs to them the set top box belong sto them. and to check the isuue with there hardware i have to pay the charges. I feel its a scam what this tatasky is running. they intentionally stop the signal and after collection the charges they again restore the signal. I cannot imagine the currency they are making out of this I make myself very clear that if they want to resolve they have to come and resole what ever there instrument issue otherwise i may go to some other operator. I will not pay charges for there mistakes and signal issue or hardware issue. and i will take this to highest authority. Regards Sandeep Das

Vandana Mainkar
Aug 7, 2015

deduction of amount without intimation for attending problem of society

we had lodged a complaint against tata sky because we were getting no signal now and then. this problem was there for several days for all the members of our society. when we lodged a complaint the person from tata sky visited the society. there was a problem in common dish which was just shifted due to wind in heavy rain. he just shifted the dish and charged rs.170 for technician fees. this amount was deducted from our subscription. actually there should not have been any charges for just shifting the dish. and if at all it was chargeable it should be charged for all the members but it was deducted from our subscription without any intimation.
our customer id is 1004736342. name is subhash m mainkar.
Jul 30, 2015

No responce for tata sky re-connection with hd box

Register request on 27/07/2015, for replace hd settop box as my settop box is old, am not able to view channell still recharge

but no resolution yet received, customer care always promises for priorities but there is no priority has seen
shahid johar
Jul 9, 2015

service treat like a business

i am subcriber of Tata Sky in last to tast week there was a problrm with the setup box technically i given complaint on toll free no & service guy came & toll that your warranty prioriod today is the last day & replace with the old box with my new box again within a week the old setup box has same problem when i call & given complaint the guy said now you have to pay the charge of changing setup box when i was in warranty priority he should have replace with new new setup box he replace with old one & now they are asking for a charges very bad very poor service getting by service when they known the warranty is getting off that's why they replace with old box that again customer call pay chages for changing setup box

my rigestered mobile no is in tatasky is 9167228481

Shahid Johar (Abida Begam )
Jul 8, 2015

Unauthorised access to Account details and change of account without intimation and deactivation of account

1.my name is Ajay Kumar Pandey and am your subscriber since 2012 the sub id is 1016983650 and card id is 000157557380 my registered mobile no is 8879152697.my address is 401 bldg no 12 Mhada powai.

2. Since today morning my account is deactivated and when consulted on helpline was told that my accont is in the name of Mr Tanuj Gautam even my registered mobile number was changed and my card is deactivated.

3. I have not made any request for cancelling my subscription or change of ownership then why this confusion. who is Tanauj Gautam and how he got access to my account details

4. This is a serious breach in the security of account and needs to be addressed at the earliest.
Jul 2, 2015

ID/ Phone number wrongly linked

Shame on the Brand. Corruption PLUS unfriendly website PLUS distressing call center PLUS unhelpful "Customer Care options".
1. There is some other Tata Sky ID linked with my telephone number which is neither being used by me nor in my name. I have tried many times to correct it but the way the Tata Sky website options are, it is frustratingly not possible.
2. When I try and link my actual subscriber ID, i am unable to do so since message returns saying that this phone number is already registered.
3. To add to my problems, I have two Tata Sky connections for two TVs - under the old norms. I am not able to use one of them now since the phone number that was registered under that ID is surrendered by me long back.
4. I am getting no breakthrough. The Tata Sky helpline IVR is very very long and leads to no appropriate option to resolve these kind of issues. And it drops in between even when we dial it from landline.
5. When Tata Sky personnel come, they always want us to close the complaint first and then they want to work separately by demanding more money.

Nitin Agrawal
Jesal Kanani
Jun 26, 2015

No technician to attend to problem

I have been a Tataky User with ID: 1124462548 for a long time. Recently there was a dish antenna problem and my tata sky has suddenly stopped working in all the 3 rooms.
I have registered a complaint for a technician visit 3 days back, but till date no body has bothered to attend to the complaint. Even worse is that i have called 11 times (seriously!) and every time I call they simply say they themselves have no clue why nobody has come to attend your complaint. Every time I get the same memorized answer of "Sorry sir, we will get back to you on this", but nobody has till date bothered to attend to this issue.

I am extremely disappointed with this pathetic service and am contemplating of launching a serious campaign against tata sky on all social media windows. I am also planing to print pamphlets and distribute it in our locality buildings desisting people from opting for Tata sky.
Jun 17, 2015

broadcast of channels

I've took tata sky connection 3 years before, but in every monsoon services disturb. Every time of complaints they are charging for technician to visit. Even though sky is clear, this people tells us it's because of rainy weather.
Akkshay S. Bhakta
Jun 15, 2015

Worst service ever

I, Mrs. Malati Kapadia, a tatasky subscriber with subscription id : 1044574646 is here to inform you about how much trouble the tatasky service center is giving us inspite of me being a premium customer.

On the 12th of June,2015 I faced a digicard error with my tata sky dish box.
I called up the service center requesting them to send me a technician.
3 days from that day i kept on calling them but the failed to send me a technician saying im their system its flashing that the problem has been resolved.
After talking to the senior on customer care they finally sent a technician at my place on the 15th of June,2015 evening.
Technician told me that i'll have to replace my digicard. He replaced the digicard and charged me with 200₹ and told me my subscription will restart within 30 mins.
He gave me a number and told me i'll get a call from that number to confirm whether my subscription has started or not.
After an hour i had to call on that number to ask about my subscription and they replied that they are facing a system error so they'll get back to me within an hour.
Again i called back to tata sky customer care and talked to a senior authority and he said he'll do it definitely next morning.
Today 16th of June,2015
My subscription is still deactivated and all i am getting since morning is a 1 ring miscall from tata sky.
4 days of deactivation and 200₹ material charge
Still issue not resolved.
Number given by technician : 022-65625222

Jun 13, 2015

Pathetic Service - Unresolved issue

Consumer Id - 1010207197: We had removed the dish since some time cause there were repairs going on in our building. I wanted to put in back last month but received pathetic service from tata sky. The technician who came to install the dish was very rude with my parents who are seniors citizens. He asked my father to take the dish and big table to terrace to install the dish for which 2 floors are required to be climbed. Finally I got the dish installed but are not able to see any of the channels till date due to no signal. I have logged a complaint several times with tata sky customer care but no use. This is pathetic service from tatasky, my connection problem is not resolved till date. Its over a month now. I have wasted my time and money calling tata sky customer care. Moreover, Rs 200 paid for installation of dish, Rs 295 paid for monthly recharge all being wasted. In addition I am supposed to pay Rs 170 more if the technician visits to check the connection. Please note that my parents are retired staff and have no money to waste like this. Its their hard earned money which are being robbed by companies such as Tatasky. I need a final answer if our connection problem is going to be solved or do I need to look for some other service provider. Hope to receive a satisfactory resolution from this forum.
Jun 11, 2015

Connection not done for last 10 days

My Tata sky I'd No 1153887060 have installed the dish and put the cable to the residence address about 12 days back and I started the pack on the same day but till now the installations is done and every day when we complain we only get an SMS but no action
Jun 3, 2015

Channels not visible

Our Id is 1031256678
Jun 3, 2015

Not able to view channels

Despite paying for HD channels I am not able to view HBO Defined and HBO Hits. While trying the Customer Service I was put on hold with the message that the official would attend in 7 minutes. These 7 minutes got over after 10 minutes and I was informed that I would be attended in 2 minutes. After these 2 minutes got over in 5 minutes I was told I would be attended in 10 minutes. I disconnected and Tata Sky made me repeat their newfound methods of agonizing its customers. Bloody bogus people. Things were good till Ratan Tata was the chairman, but the new dolt is really as bad as the novices
May 31, 2015

No signal

I am not receiving any signal. There is nothing wrong with my set top box. Sometimes signal comes then it goes away. problem is with their satellite transmission. signal strength is flickering between zero to sixty. Signal quality is also flickering. Tata sky should solve their transmission problem. customer can not be responsible for their poor transmission. company will consider this complaint as a work order & will charge customer for solving the same. I want immediate resolution of problem. Their helplines are useless. It says wait time is 8 minutes , then 10 minutes then call terminates. If I send sms they sms back asking to get in touch with their helplines.what a joke! so I am compelled to put in writing. Company has not yet credited 8 day lost during 23-April-15 to 30-April-15 wherein no signal was received from company. Either they should refund , money or they should extend my pack validity period by the number of days customer is not provided services. when company wants to charge per day for availing their services, they should also pay for loss of number of days service not provided.
Vijay Rajyaguru.
customer ID - 1092273653.
May 9, 2015

Breaking of signal while viewing programmes. this is irritating as we can't wach the program

For more than one month I am facing the disturbance while viewing the television program. The signal suddenly drops at a frequency of 5-10 min. of interval and the screen goes blank and no sound. This is absolutely irritating. Initially there was announcement that they are upgrading the service and soon it will be ok., so we kept patience, but after a week made complaint for the same. If you have to make complaint you have to wait for at least 30 min. as the lines are busy. And if at all you get in touch with the company and register it you just receive message that soon you will be visited by engineer but till today no one has turned to my place. But without fail the subscription message comes to you and we pay like fools because we have no options as we hafe disconnected the cable TV. This is absolutely ridiculous and frustrating. We never expected this type of service from the company which has TATA name incorporated. I think someone should take initiative and sue them in consumer court, and make them answerable else I think this will not end. Are you upgrading the service or downgrading. I think I have installed TATA sigh...My Tata Sky subscriber id is 1144496534.
Akshay Bhardwaj
May 7, 2015

Non recipt of full channles

The Signals are very poor, not getting most channels including all HD channels. have tried calling multiple times. One it is extrely difficult to get trough.secondly if you get trough, you get curtest revert possible, including disconnecting of phone. After several mails, (below) i got call twice but the technician never came.

really frustrated

My mail Communications

Extremely dissatisfied with the services of TATA SKY

May 2 (6 days ago)

Dear Whoever,

Read below, if you actually intend to solve problem, else trashing is typically on left side of desk and CTRL+DEL deletes the mail forever.

Being in the service industry and that too insurance, I was always taught that a company's philosophy is truly judged when the crisis strikes. And frankly i was empathetic to some technical snag resulting in low connectivity. but as a customer, i have a right to know the reason and time frame...

Is it too much to ask????

From last few days part of my connection with TATA SKY is lost.
it takes anywhere between 24-36 minutes to cross, A extremely irritating automated voice which is programmed to keep the hope alive that the call will be connected in 10, 5, 2 minutes and than aftre about 20 odd minutes says that due to congestion you can not take call and you will call back.

Frankly the computer is so foolish it does not tell you TATA Sky guys that a customer is waiting for your call back, as it is never done.

3 days back my wife somehow managed to invest the time to get through some guy,who promised that tomorrow before an X time you till receive a call and the technician will come and fix the problem

Voila !! it just never happened - neither the call nor the person

from last two days, i have been investing the same multiple minutes to get through your ppl and i succeeded today about 20 minutes back to reach some g'men call Mr. Suresh
who reiterated that a call will come and technician will come and fix the problem.
I asked him, that i agree and am convinced but what is the redressed mechanism for me if the promise is failed. he transferred my call to a Lady Ms. Lakshmi.

Ms. Lakshmi suggested the same to me - a call will come and a technician will come and fix the problem. i asked her the redressed mechinsm, in case the call/technician does not turn up. But she is senior so she is actually smarter. She preferred to hang up, rather answering phone.

The best strategy is'nt it. Whn you can't answer- HANG UP...

Who cares he is just one customer, we are a huge company... even if he goes does not make any difference

Anyways, i will be thankful that if with this mail, you could provide a committed time frame for service deliver & tell the exat reason for this problem

May 7 (1 day ago)

to help

While i never got the response on my mail i did got a call on Monday and was promised that a technician will visit me between 4 to 6 on monday..
(BTW today is Thursday) we kept waiting expecting you will fulfill your promise.. which if my understanding is correct will not be fulfilled.. but shamelessly my bill keeps on moving northwards.
Can you please provide your seniors mail id.. i formally want to lodge a complaint and want to know if it is only the customer service department which is reckless of if this starts from top.
No regards

10:57 AM (2 minutes ago)

to help

Got a call yesterday from One gentleman Called Mr. Sujit. He prmised me that the problem will be fixed and gave me name of one Mr. Nitesh Pandey +91 8097670150.
He even took me on con-call with Mr. Pandey, who promised me that he will visit my place.
Today, my wife had an appointment, which she cancelled, and i called up Mr. Pandey about 10 minutes back to confirm his arrival time. He blatantly refused that he will not come, as his area is boriwali and kandiwali and will not come to malad.
I said that yesterday he promised that he will come, for which i got revert that those guys keep on promising for no reason. i dnt get time from my area, how will i come to malad.
Frustrating!! is't it?.. so frustrating
Kindly, provide me details of disconnecting
May 2, 2015

no signal

I am using Tata sky d2h service, i have been facing signal problem from few months. I am not able to watch picture on television. I had informed about this problem to Tata Sky twice but every time their person comes and asks about problem but does not solve them. I had even called customer care but the problem is not solved.
Apr 27, 2015

No Signal & Pathetic response

I am not receiving any signal from TATA Sky since last one & half months. I have two set top boxes & both are idle since last one & half months. I had lodged complaint of No Signal in March 2015 & for some period signal came. Again It has gone & complaint is still pending. Help line are useless & company is pathetic in responding to customers. I have already asked company to refund my payment & to take back their useless set top boxes. Customer ID 1092273653.
Apr 25, 2015

no signal

My tata sky is not working since past 5 days...this has happened for the 2nd time in d same month...a month back these cheaters were claiming so big that we are upgrading our tata sky n if u face any problem our executive will fix it n that too free of cost..forget about fixing it..did these cheaters atlest come over the phone??? No...I have written them innumerable mails, did online chat with them where they say the executive will visit come but nobody turned up.. This is the worst customer service n these guys r just interested in making money... Bloody cheaters...nobody answers d phone,nobody calls or informs about the status,nothing at all..god knows where these morons have hided? Tata sky should be shut down in India due to it's poor quality service ..
Apr 19, 2015

Relocation of Tata Sky Dish Not Done despite 10 Calls

My Subscriber ID is 1101858304.I think Tata Sky is the worst DTH service provider in India. The so called, engineers are very lowly qualified, very little communication power, probably 10 or 12th pass. I called them 10 times for last one week.First of all, the call is put on hold for 6-10 minutes, always saying that Tata Sky is currently facing a Congestion and even if they pick up, they promise but never fulfilled. Tata Sky should be out of business if they are unable to complete the Customer complaints. I have 2 HD Set Top boxes for last 2 years. My Dish needs to be relocated very very urgently as it is installed on the rooftop of some other person and they are now completely covering their rooftop. Myself and my wife spoke to them & requested for the relocation of the Dish a week ago but nothing done so far. Request you to help us and force Tata Sky to send somebody immediately to my residence at Nerul, Navi Mumbai.

Chandan Kumar
Apr 19, 2015

forged by Tatasky

Since 2nd of april 2015 I am unable to view tata sky channels, I was assured by customer care that problem would be resolved in just 2 days but now it is more then 18 days still the problem persist.
In these days I have called tatasky customer care for n number of times, and every time I get response that problem would automatically get verified.
Today the customer care says that technician had visited my place on 8th of april and my tata sky is working fine, where as fact is no one has attended the complaint till date and they themselves don't know what exactly is going on.
Tata is a reputed group and has lost its respect by this incidence.
Their is a serious integrity and character issues with the people in the company and tata group should be held responsible for recruiting such good for nothing staff.

Reliance TV - RE: Poor signal
    Dear Hukam, We have noted your complaint and the same...
    Aircel - Aircel
    Hi kooli, Thank you for reaching us at Social Care. We...
    aircel post paid - bill details
    sir iam manish chauhan my no. 7503331199 my disconnected...
    jntu kakinada - 2-2marks not display
    Respected sir, I wrote 2-2r10...
    snapdeal - Snapdeal is Fakedeal
    Dear All, Please do not believe in the advertisements...
    Aircel - Aircel
    Hi Vishal Singh, Thank you for reaching us at Social...
    Fizik blue flip flop - colour and size
    The product is different in size and colour from the one...
    2ND Final Reminder- Micromax Phone FROM SACHIN GUPTA...
    Sir I vishnu Kumar Goyal. I working in BMIT college...
    Aircel - Aircel
    Hi cauverykavi, We are sorry for the experience you...