Consumer complaints and reviews about THE HINDU SUBSCRIPTION

May 21, 2014

Agent not delivering The Hindu

Agent is not delivering The Hindu. Even if I have subscribed for that for one year. He says he does not get the newspapaer. I get Deccan Herald instead. I stay in Kadubeesenahalli, Bangalore.
Govindarajan . S
May 19, 2014

Non delivery of the news paper

I am a reader of The Hindu for the past four decades. Right from Dec 2008, I had been a direct subscriber and my subscription no. is TH/1217966. The subscription for this year had been renewed on 20 Nov 2013, the subscription had been paid through KVB cheque No.600107 dt. 20/11/2013 and the amount had been debited from my account for payment to M/s. Kasturi & Sons Ltd. on 02/12/2013 and hence my subscription is valid till Nov 2014.
Today the paper was not delivered and when contacted your sales person Mr. T. Gobi, who collected the cheque from me asked me to register a complaint since my name is not reflected in the list of addresses for delivery.
It is shocking to hear this, since the paper had been delivered all days since Dec 2008, at this address and it is six months past the beginning of this subscription year.

Govindarajan . S
42/F2, Visranthi Daffodils Apartments, Aruna Nagar, Puthur, Trichy - 620 017
Mahendran R
May 18, 2014

Compliant - Tamil Hindu not received

We yet to be received last 3 days Tamil Hindu news paper.

for your kind information weekly one day also regularly not received.

I am paid 6 months subscription fees also. I Dn't have my members number.

Please interact your self and do the needful immediately.

12/23 New Colony 4th Street

!st Floor,

West Saidapet

Chennai - 600 015

Mobile : 90947 86866
mail id : maheshsusee@gmail.com
Apr 29, 2014

Not received paper for past 1 month

I did annual subscription for the English daily "the Hindu"

I have changed my address(From Neelangarai To Palavakkam)
I raised the address change request through email and made N number of calls to concerned person & CUSTOMER CARE.

Still am not receiving the English daily "the Hindu".

I never experienced this kind of poor customer care .

Whenever i am contacting anyone regarding this,i have been provided some new number and new email id to contact.
Apr 13, 2014

In regarding irregular delivery of newspaper

i'm MAYANDI the subscriber of THE HINDU from M.K university,Rajambadi west,Madurai...in our area the local distributor is not delivering the newspaper for the past two days.......and also they are delivery the newspaper only after 9 a.m ....we are unable to read the paper before going to office...so kindly take neccessary action to prevent this ,in the further course of time.....​​​

Thank u.
2/290,rajambadi,palkalai nagar,
Apr 11, 2014

Non-Receipt of Hindu daily News paper

Supply of Hindu news paper stopped abruptly in-spite of giving one year subscription in advance
Narasiman Nijanthan
Apr 7, 2014

not received tamil hindu newspaper from april 1st

i have paid the amount in online it showed payment successful but i did'nt recieve the papper from april 1st to today(7/4/14).my subcription number is(9301849279)
T D Karadi
Apr 3, 2014

Change of Address and not receiving paper from Jaunary 2014

Due to change of address we are not received daily The Hindu paper from local agent, we complaint to Toll free no and send mail for new address details, spoken with agents,but we are not getting paper from Jan 2014
prabhakaran r
Mar 22, 2014

hinu tamil paper renewal

I have renewed the hindu Tamil paper on date through Net banking of ICICI and the reg no 9301841906. even after 3 weeks of my payment there are confusion in getting my paper regularly. the agent is insisting for proof of payment. would you have any system by which you convey them that the payment for the regno 9301841906 is recived. I have bitter experience with the Hindu paper english which I was using the paper for more than 20 years before i switched over another paper. and now I am in the same situation with the hindu tamil pape also.. I you have any problem in supply of the paper you can refund the same.

Ganesh Prabhakaran
Mar 19, 2014

Hindu Tamil daily paper

My name is M.Sundaramurthy . i am a regular subscriber of THE HINDU Tamil news paper. I have renewed last 24th Feb 2014 After renewed am not getting newspaper i told my delivery boy to give the daily news paper in my address which is within one square kilometer . He directed me to call to the news paper office. Following his guidance i contacted THE HINDU news paper office(chennai). They told me to send a letter through E- mail. since then I sent them E-mail twice about my problem but no action has been taken till now. It has now been passed one month. Now whenever i try to call them they always deny that they have not received my mail. But previously they were accepting that. Plz give a look in to my problem
My subscription number 9301821821328
c s somashekar
Mar 6, 2014

Non-delivery of Hindu paper and non-delivery of gift bag

I have subscribed for Hindu vide order No BG85419 dated 22.09.2013 and accordingly paid Rs. 333 by cheque No 521928 of SBM and my a/c was debited on 03.10.2013. Booking of the paper was done by one Mr Mahesh-cell No.+918892526817 who promised me that the paper will be delivered regularly and the gift ie., bag will be delivered to me within 15 days. Though about 5 months have been elapsed, neither he ensured delivery of news papers on a regular basis nor delivered the gift bag to me. Hardly I have received papers on 10 days. I have been calling him on his cell phone on a regular basis and on all occasions he says that he will ensure regular delivery of news paper and deliver the bag. But, he has not done this till date. He has given me today one Mr Mani's cell No ie, 9731130243 saying that Mani is specifically given the task of ensuring regular delivery of paper and delivery of gift. But when I contacted Mr Mani he said that, he will take care of regular delivery of paper but gift bag has to be delivered by the person who undertook booking and in my case Mr Mahesh. You may pl intervene and ensure regulr delivery of paper as well as delivery of gift bag immediately. My address is C S SOMASHEKAR, No 540, RBI LAYOUT, I MAIN ROAD, J P NAGAR 7TH PHASE, BANGALORE -78. My house is situated next to NILGIRIS. Cell No+919886422479 and email id:cssomashekar@gmail.com. I request you to ensure regular delivery of paper nad delivery of gift bag. Also extend the date of delivery of paper upto March 2015.

C S Somashekar

Non Receipt of Gift bag

I switched over to THE HINDU and am enjoying its reading. My Order No.BG055609 -RRE CODE CD033051.Date of implementation - 01-09-2013( For a twelve months period. Some time back Some one from Office of THE HINDU, Called up, enquiired as to whether Paper is coming regularly and gift will be sent to me. However, in spite of my contacting the concerned person, who arranged subscription. he is pointing fingers at others, not yet delivered the gift bag..

Can the authorities kindly look into it.
Regards and Thanks,
#67/91,Gandhibazar Road,
Basavangudi,/Near ATHITHYA HOTEL/

change of address

I have changed my address from No.51, 1st floor, Krishna Nilaya, ashrama layout,6th A cross, sanjaynagar, Bangalore 560094

to the NEW ADDRESS No. 8, subbanna garden, behind st philominas school, subbanna compound, vidyaranyapura main road,

doddabommasandra, Bangalore-560097. 15 days back. I am the subscriber for The Hindu my subscription No is BG009926. this

had been informed to one Mr Harish mob No9663021363. Hence i request you to send the paper to the new address

Venkatesha k.s. Mob 9342456565
Feb 24, 2014

Dear TheHindu Owner / CEO

U people.. not handling the Team for Co-ordinating. Only sending SMS to next Subscription.. And Given Number is always Switched OFF. and Given Customer Care No. also Not taken all the time. I was tried Last Thrusday.. Since Today(24-02-2014) only Picked the call,, Before This i was Complaint More than 7 times, Since that Record is not with Next Time Attending Ppl. The People namely Shamily, Geetha, Sangeetha are telling that, will send mail got newspaper in two days. But after not No Responding since not a call received for Confirming that paper Received or not. And this time also new person told that she will Contact Tomorrow or our Sir will surely Contact U.

On Behalf Of the தி ஹிந்து Tamil News Paper. Co-ordinating with the land line number of 2841 0643.
Jan 31, 2014

Infrequent circulation by The Hindu Vendor in Whitefield

My subscription number#7760513978, I had taken a yearly subscription for The Hindu through RRE Name Shekhar Reddy (code#CD031007) with vendor Kader, last year on Oct. 2013.
The issue the vendor hardly circulate it in a proper way, either he doest bother to keep the paper on stated place or sometimes he dont even place the papaer( mostly on sature/sundays).

Like today I did n't recived any news paper for 1st Feb. The thing is we have complaint to Mr Reddy (the RRE#CD031007) multiple times about the vendor misbehavior, but he never takes any action on it.

Now a days due to expansion of easily accessible internate & television media very few actually go for the new papers concept and whoever do some of them face a problem like me. Its very unfortunate that due to all the establishment Hindu is loosing its name & fame, and being a outsider in Karnataka state I really feel measable when I see theses happing and dont find anyone actually take any steps against it.

If something can be done would be a great, if possible kindly change the vendor for my subscription (#7760513978).

Best Regards,
Tonnistha S.
3rd Cross Rd., Whitefield
Jan 31, 2014

Agent not dispatching The Hindu newspaper regularly

The non-delivery of The Hindu newspaper on a regular basis is the menace that we are facing in the Koramangala area in Bangalore. The delivery is very much erratic and there is a sense of unreliability and untrustworthiness surrounding it. Sometimes the newspaper is not delivered even for a week. Only if we ask the person will he start delivering newspaper again. This is the second time in the last 2 months that the newspaper has not been delivered for 7 days continuously.
Some of the burning questions are as follows:
1. Has The Hindu taken any measures to hold accountability to the subscribers who have paid the amount in advance, when the agent in question reneges on his job of regular dispatch of the newspaper? This can become a menace to this reputed institution.

2. When the other national dailies make it a point to resolve these pain points of the subscribers in a bid to widen their subscription base, why is The Hindu not proactive in its efforts?

3. Can it be that the agent is selling it in retail so that he can make additional money, without delivering the newspaper to the subscriber even though the subscription amount has been fully paid in advance?

4. Is it possible to make deliveries through another agent in the same area? The area is Third Main, Bharathi Layout, Koramangala, Bangalore.
The lingering concern is whether this issue will persist afterwards also. Hope The Hindu authorities look into this problem so that it does not mar the reputation of this national daily (if can we call it a daily).
Jan 20, 2014

Non Receipt of News paper

I subscribed for Hyderabad Edition thru news agent

Address : 192 Hirise Medows
Mallampet Hyderabad 500090

for the last 10 days we are not receiving the news paper thru the delivery boy.

I tried to reach the contact person 970 101 0995 after 1 week of non delivery

He told it will be resolved soon and asked me to contact thursday , I contacted him on friday. he mentioned from saturday we will get news paper.

it is unfortunate. he is not lifting the cals from that day. I waited for 4 days and writing this email

we are not receiving the paper.

without feasibility of dispatch why annual subscription was taken ?

i got a sms for confirmation of subscription to contact 0806 700 8193 this number for complaints this is also no response.

pl. let me know whom to contact and escalation process. ?
O K Ganesh
Dec 18, 2013

Non-Receipt of daily newspaper

Subscription number: 503811

I am subscribing for Hindu and Business Line for the last 10 years. I regret to state that BL is being delivered to us irregularly.I have lastly paid my subscription of Rs.750 by means of a cheque number 956832 dated 13/11/2013 to continue the supply from 1/12/2013. Despite my repeated request/complaint with the agent as well as Hindu office at Madurai, till date the issue is not resolved.I kindly request to take further actions in this regard to either continue the supply or refund the payment.
I never expected this sort of response from a big institution like yours.
Dec 2, 2013

A sum of Rs1190 was collected by the circulation staff of the THE HINDU English news paper as one year subscription with assurance of a gift voucher worth rupees six hundred for the purchase of BUTTER FLY PRODUCTS.The EMAIL send to the mail address www.subs@the hindu.co.in and chennai2@the hindu.co.in were failed .The same was reported to the subscription staff. But all end in vain.Once again I request for the quick disposal of the case. Ensure the early and regular delivery of the news paper and the GIFT VOUCHER.The payment details are as follows.
ORDER FORM NO 08412 of 05/05/2013 employee name SIVARAJ mobile 9841184010
Office receipt No:CCHEN1105130097of 11/05/2013
News paper received from 16/05/2013.
Oct 9, 2013

Non reciept of 'The Hindu' subscrption gift

My complaint is similar to many of the complaints above.

Paid my cheque for Rs. 333/- (12 months subscription)
on 11-Sept-2013
Vendor code ==> CT 03 1896
RRE code ==> CD03 1112
Staying ==> Thindlu, Kodegehalli

The gift that was promised has not been delivered yet. the rep (9008768755) who sold the subscription NEVER receives the call. Looks like the no. is taken ONLY to cheat people and never to answer calls.

People please be careful with
people who come selling the subscription
if you want to subscribe for the same, wait till the gifts are handed out for you. hand over the cheque ONLY once the subscription starts

For me it seems like 'The Hindu' is CHEATING people by appointing false and CHEAP vendors. The best news paper has become the WORST news papers just by their acts.

Oct 3, 2013

Not deliver tamil hindu newspaper

K. Adithyan, 85, south sivan kovil street, G4, navin kailash apartment, vadapalani chennai 600 026.
phone: 9840090467
i paid the cheque of amount 333 for kasthuri and sons on 11 september 2013. but till today 3 october 2013 i have not received the newspaper. why?
if i call the people of hindu office they are not responding and put me on hold, for that also i m losing calling charges.
i this the way you treat us
you came home by induvidual and canvasing us to pay the amount but after you received the amount you are not giving proper response
what should i do
i need my amount back
i asked agent today but they are telling i m not responsible for this. from today onwards i ll put the newspaper but i ll not extend more than validity date for which we did not delivered.
then what is the use of this offer 333 for 6 months

you have to give me proper response soon
Oct 2, 2013

Non-delivery of papers

Hi Iam Gobalakrishnan. I subscribed for the 6 months subscription of hindu newspaper tamil version on 7/9/13. The amount Rs.333/-is fully paid by Credit card but the newspapers are not received for about a month.My Address is (B-248,CH.PT COLONY, New Washermanpet,Chennai-81). PH.NO: 9710125830. Please take action to deliver the newspapers soon.
Sep 10, 2013

irregular delivery of paper and receiving the paper quite late

irregular delivery of paper and receiving the paper quite late
My name is B srinivas rao from visakhapatnam(andhra pradesh) .i am a regular subscriber of THE HINDU news paper.I have been continue this news paper for last three years. paper boy do not issue the news paper in time, usually I get at 9:00 am.I will not get news paper during week ends (saturday,Sunday and festival seasons).monthly I get paper for just 15 to 16 days only.when ever I ask about news paper agent response he gives vague and irrelevant answers.some of the reasons are boy went to village,boy went to marriage,boy changed and the most arrogant reply come to my home and collect the news paper.i complain to hindu office even no use.
EVERY TIME AFTER RENEWAL INTIMATION LETTER. I GET NEWS PAPER WITH 1 MONTH DELAY..when I cal to agent.the simple answer he gives.we have’nt yet received any intimation regarding renewal.
And some time I get TIMES OF INDIA pamphlet.i wonder how can these agent can give times of India Advertisement papmlets in HINDU.
and my kind request please give waiver after my 6 months subscription expires because every month I got headache from your irregular delivery of paper.
if this continues then I will not subscribed any more.please look into the matter as soon as possible and do revert back . Reader Subscription number(753049).EMAIL : srinusmarty123@gmail.com
Viknesh KM
Sep 8, 2013

hindhu newspaper not coming regularly

Im not getting hindhu newspaper for past one week. I have subscribed to hindhu from august 1 2013. Till now i didnt receive newspaper for
18 days. The percentage is almost 50. Im just getting irritated by the fact. If i called the person (raju) next two days
Paper will come. After that two days wont come. Im frustrated. Please help... what shall i do now.

Order no: bg 031475
Rre code: cd032140
Vendor code: ct030251

Aug 30, 2013

non receipt of gift

On 09.0813, one Mr Naveen Kumar said to be RRE of The Hindu (RRE Code CD031095)called at us and canvassed for subscription for The Hindu under new scheme. Salient features of the scheme are
a) Rs333/- for 12 months subscription,
b) new improved layout,
c) improved language and d a gift of a travel bag.
I was a regular to Hindu since childhood and discontinued it in 2002 because of the drab language and beaten layout. Now I evinced interest and filled the form (order cum receipt No B g 035368 ) and gave my cheque for Rs 333/-. The above said RRE informed me that though the order form says receipt of gift it shall be delivered only the next day and the delivery of paper will start on 166.08.13 as per policy. next day I did not receive the gift nor any information. On 16th I didn’t receive the paper either. on 17th I found the paper at my door and again on 18th no paper was delivered. Irked I contacted the toll free no and the lady there informed me the PAPER WILL BE DELIVERED FROM 19TH. It did start from 19th and we received a call from the Hindu to get confirmation to the effect and promised that gift will be delivered to us in two days time.

Till now I have not received the gift nor your office contacted me.

The whole thing look a gimmick now as now the toll free no also has gone off and the RRE clearly cuts off my call
Now hereby I request you to stop supply of paper also. People believe media and you profess high standard of ethics and the way you have resorted to augment circulation by false promises pains. pl do not worry about refund of money as I understands your struggle to improve the circulation I am not interested in paltry money or gift but I am definitely keen to amplify deceit to the world in all possible forum through every possible source of communication
Bhagavatheesvaran s 401 K K Towers,
6 G Cross Kaggadasa Pura, C V raman Nagar Po Bangalore 560093 Ph 9663565251

BSNL - Obstruction by the company
    i own a bsnl mobile number and i wanna switch it to...
    Karbonn Mobiles - Snapdeal
    Dear deepak8465, Information about your contact details...
    snapdeal.com - Snapdeal
    Dear johnmondol, Information about your contact details...
    Sir, I'm a broadband (HOME-COMBO) customer of last...
    reliance gsm prepaid - unfair Balance deduction
    Sir/Madam, I am suffering from balance deduction, all the...
    snapdeal - damage product
    I order 1 memory card 16 GB and i recieved last night and...
    Abusive/fraud Call - Abusive/fraud Call
    I received a call from 88 73 300986‬ , he asked me for...
    BigBazaar - Exchange Related Issue, Ticket No - 918
    Dear Ms.Swati, Greetings from Future Group! I trust...
    snapdeal - Snapdeal
    Dear Abu Salim 555, Information about your contact...