TNEB

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB

nith08

Sep 19, 2016

Power Cuts

I am residing at Sithalapakkam since Nov 2015 and there is not even a single day gone without powercuts. Since a week there has been very frequent power cuts especially during the nights. No one is answering our calls when we try to reach them.

Since last week there was power hardly for 4 to 5 hours in a day. There is a number 9841157576 to contact them. But whenever we try to call them the line says busy and we have to call them continuously for atleast 20 times and then they pickup and the answer we get is the power will come in sometime. For the past four days.
Saturday - 3.30 am - 11.30 am, Sunday - 9.30 PM - 12 midnight, Monday - 7.30 AM till 11.30 AM, and 10.30 PM till 1.30 Pm and today (Tuesday) 7.30 - 8.30 the power cut happened.

Whenever we approach the office to find our what's wrong all we get is harsh reactions and answers and the repeated statement - The Power will come in sometime.

We have a kid of 3 months who is having a tough time and not only us, there are more small babies around our place and many IT people in here. The housewives are having very tough time. The Older generation's difficulties need not to be mentioned.

Kindly take an action
Senthilna

Sep 14, 2016

No Proper power provision

I am residing in Casa Grande which is 1 km away from Ponmar Junction. Here no proper power provision. Most of the time no power available. If rain start or drizzling power will be gone for 1 and 2 hours. When I call Mambakkam EB office no one will pick up the call. Unable to stay here with kids. Please consider the public situation and do the needful. And it's 12:45am just drizzling so no power for past 1 hour. Please........ take necessary actions.
Vishnuvardhan1

Sep 2, 2016

Excess billing - Prompt action Required please

I lives in rented house in perungalathur and our EB CONS. NO. 092536081009 (Owner name - Ramesh). My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased double what we paid earlier. We usually get Rs.8400 in summer as well. But in August bill was charged 3 times higher which is 17011/- .We gave complaint in EB office and one person visited the house and changed the fuse by charging 200 rupees and confirmed there is no problem with meter. If there is no problem with meter then how come the bill gets higher than what usually comes?

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter if required also adjust my extra amount paying to EB. The bill due date was 6th September 2016. Kindly do the needful as soon as p.

Best Regards.,
Vishnu behalf of Ramesh
9619663675
Vishnuvardhan1

Sep 2, 2016

Excess billing - Prompt action Required please

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter if required also adjust my extra amount paying to EB. The bill due date was 6th September 2016. Kindly do the needful asap.

Best Regards.,
Vishnu behalf of Ramesh
onlyforshiva

Aug 18, 2016

Very low voltage

Madipakkam have very low voltage problem, low voltage is coming and up suddenly heavy due to this we could not able to sleep properly
rajkundan

Aug 12, 2016

Excess billing

I live at Olympia Opaline, Amber Block - 11B1, Navalur - 603103. Opposite AGS Cinemas.

My EB CONS. NO. 09296007530 - consuming more. My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased double what i was paid earlier. We are not using day time. I am staying in a 1 bed room flat with no AC or Water heater. I usually get Rs.300 to 500 for 2 months. But this I have been charged 3 times higher.

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter also adjust my extra amount paying to EB.

Regards.,
Raj G

Excess billing

murugs1968

Jun 29, 2016

bill amount deviation

My EB Bill amount show Rs.200. But system show 1.2Lakhs.Also return complaint given on 7th may at Kovilambakkam EB Office Chennai -129.I went many time and didn't get any proper response. Next cycle bill also come.

My mobile no +919444989681

Mail to : akshayamurugan@gmail.com.

bill amount deviation

karthickd

Jun 1, 2016

low voltage problem

EB no 309: 002
Near James street bakthavachalam avenue poonamallee Chennai 600056

The Voltage is always either Low or fluctuation in this area, Made complaints several times to JE but there is no solution implemented for this. Request you to help and fix the issue asap

karthick
kannan devaraj

May 22, 2016

powercutt

respected sir,
as we are the people of the area of urappakam today(23/5/2016)we suffered from power cutt for 8hrs so please kindly take action for ourwell sleep i hope u take action immediately
pls pls pls
Padmajaya

May 5, 2016

Door lock

AE , Cooks Road ,
My Consumer No. 0114505510
Address: 11/6 Desia Colony ,
Perambur , Chennai ,600 012
When Assessor came on 2nd May , premises was locked.
Another Assessor came on the same day & noted down readings in white card.
But in Net I saw reading was updated as in previous month. Amount to be paid Rs1180
As my husband expired on 20th January 2016 now I am staying with my son named Coimbatore.
In 1st floor there is tenant.
For me for March & April have to pay minimum charges which was written by another previous Assessor in white card.
My tenant is out of Chennai now hence he cannot come to office within 3 days.
So, request you to update meter reading as written in white card by previous Assessor.
Thanking you Sir.
From,
D.Padmavathi
veerasekar

Apr 26, 2016

wrong EB bill charges

TNEB HAS FITTED NEW ELECTRONIC METER ON 03-03-2016 TO REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE ONE DUE TO FLOOD. NOW THEY HAVE CHARGED ELECTRIC CHARGES AS Rs 3463-00 STATING THAT THE CONSUMED UNITS WAS 702. THIS IS NOT CORRECT. NEW METER BEARING No;2075320 IS A FAULTY ONE AND THE MISTAKE IN ELECTRIC CHARGES TO BE FOUND OUT AND CORRECTED BY THE ''EB' AT THE EARLIEST'
Adarshpammal

Apr 24, 2016

Unscheduled load shedding

Am writing this with the unscheduled power cut in Pammal area since 11pm (24apr night and now it is 1.05pm and the current hasn't come yet). This seems to be a practice for the past few weeks (except on Tamil new year).. Yesterday it was worse with the cut being about 4 hrs in the night... Incompetent authorities seems to be the reason. The tneb Pammal phone is kept off the hook so that it always gives busy tone.
Am planning to send mail to chairman (not that I expect any help) but thought of submitting a complaint.
Karthick Sekar

Apr 9, 2016

Heavy voltage fluctuation in whole area of karapakkam

Hi Complaint Board,
I am Elumalai residing in Karapakkam. For a three days we are facing random power cuts and heavy voltage fluctuation in our area. In our area more than 50,000 resident facing the same problem in all houses. We contacted the EB office in Karapakkam, but got some name sake response and continue to suffer. People older than 70 and 80 years are suffering heavily in the hot sun without power. Request you to take further action.

Please contact me at any time regarding this complaint on 3/113 veerapandiyakattabomman st, Karapakkam chennai-600097.

Thanks and regards
Elumalai.
kaven

Feb 9, 2016

Door Lock Problem

During meter reading time, we are not in the home. They marked as DOOR LOCK & ask us to pay last month EB bill.

Is there any possible way to update the actual value in the system after we reach to EB office with actual data ?

What happen if the next tneb reading time as well we are not in home ?

Please provide alternative solution for this DOOR LOCK system, inorder to update proper data.
Mishal Musthafa

Feb 2, 2016

EB online payment

I have paid my EB bill using net banking of sbi on 02/02/16. After that transaction was completed, the TANGEDCO site showed error msg: service not completed due to wrong operation. How ever recieved a message from my bank that amount was deducted from my account and TNEB site shows didn't paid EB Bill. Kindly resolve the issue as it is tha last daye of payment.

Transaction details
State Bank Internet banking.
Transaction Ref No IG0BKNRHA6 for Rs.5894 on 02-FEB-16 14:22
Rajesh sankaran

Dec 6, 2015

POWER SUPPLY

We are residing at New Perungalathur, Srinivasanagar, Kundalakesi Street, for the past one week only one face is coming in some of the houses and some of the houses total all the three faces are there. The complaint has been registered in Perungalathur EB offuce, many times, but no action has been taken. Please look into this issue urgently.
annuradha

Nov 30, 2015

Medavakkam AE being inhuman and rude

AS i understand city is facing drastic climate change due to which power cuts have become very common however as we cant get out of house during such times we are bound to work out of home, hence called Medavakkam EB to find out when is the power probability of coming but the guy who answered the phone was rude, abusive and using all kinds of language to a woman, I donno how in tamilnadu thy encourage such unprofessional people. Being a land of woman people ill treat woman so badly.

Nov 30, 2015

sir s/no 052250031094 bil no sausas amt 1330 pls cuk 14 10 2015 ph 9626966786
bprabu82

Oct 26, 2015

Excess high bill amount

EXCESS READING & EXCESS BILL AMOUNT

My consumer no is 0926-466-1232 I'm residing at No.278/5, SAthsangam Street, Madipakkam, Chennai-600091. We are residing in this house for past 1.5 years and our maximum consumption units are 800 units so far that too during peak summer. We find for the past 2 times the bill amount is getting doubled. Last month it came to Rs.2806 and this month it has come to Rs.5248. We were not there at our home this month for 12 days. This could probably be meter problem.
Please take immediate action against this compliant.

Prabhu
+91 9884290731
v.wenes

Aug 5, 2015

Meter reading error

Meter reading noted on 25/7/15 has recorded a very high unit consumption than usual. 620 Units was recorded which is very high for a house without A/C.A written complaint in this regard was lodged to Chitlapakkam EB AE officer.
Meter No.: 24746321
Consumer No.: 092831071658

Please kindly do the needful.

R.preethi
Plot No: 18, kannpar street ext.
veerapathiran nager

Jun 4, 2015

Low Voltage/Fluctuation

Service# 580-007-1593
O&M Tangedco/CEDC, Urapakkam - 603202

Address#31 Krishna Nagar, Karanai Puduchery (Opp Butterfly comp), URapkkam - 603202

Bala
pugalenthi

May 4, 2015

EB Line Low Lying

Sir, I am residing at Rajeshwari Street, Padmavathi Nagar,Jalladampet. In our street two EB Lines are low lying at 6 feet from ground level due to the shifting of line from its original position by your line men . So pls kindly take necessory action to rectify the same to avoid life loss.

yours faithfully,

Pugalenthi.R
dheva prasadh

Feb 4, 2015

danger in current wires

The wires of current were so danger in our streets and there are many small childrens in our street which is so danger in the prrsence of current wires. Pls undertake this problem and solve to protect every humanbeing. Thank you
saravanan subramanian

Dec 31, 2014

Illegal Electricity Using

A.Thekkur Engineer asking lansam, to remove the line, Coz, illigal connection

House number 130/II, village olugamangalam
Satheesh Babu

Dec 21, 2014

Low voltage and highvoltage

I am running small business, due to power low and high voltage my system other equipment get damaged soon. As were getting lot loss due to this fisical damaged made due to electricity supply.

paytm - Customer Service And Support-
    - 910264 1044 Any Time This Service Available- -...
    Reliance Digital - Harassment in jio sim distribution process
    Myself, Dr. Buddhadeb Roy is working in a defense psu...
    Tata Sky - unjustified relocation charges
    आज २८.०९.२०१६ को मेरा...
    Amazon - ABOUT REFUND MATTER
    I PURCHASE LITTLE INDIA DESIGNER WOODEN ELEPHENT STOOL...
    UTIITSL - REFUND RUPEES 107 NON ACCEPTANCE ADHAR
    REFUND RUPEES 107 NON ACCEPTANCE ADHAR I FILL THE...