TNEB

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB

R.Ashok kumar

Rayanallur

The officer
Murukkeri

Dear or Madem

my house boder cable touch i want clear please
prakashg833

Oct 22, 2014

LOW LYING ELECTRIC LINE WIRES

SIR
i am residing at susheela nagar first street, kovilambakkam, chennai - 600 117. In my street the existing electrical post which has errected are now required for changing due to old and damaged any time they may fell in to down. and the wires are low lying. It is very emergency to replace the old wires or bind the wires immediately to avoid life loss.
EASWARDAS

Oct 10, 2014

CAN I PAY MORE SERVICES IN ONE TIME

Can i pay to me / and friends different services for eg.. 09274311359 rs 1200/- & 09275611578 rs 987/- like this 4 cards total amount 7000/- in my debit card. so this i can save rs 15/- .if i pay independent each service debit card charges rs 5/-
s. thirunavukkarasu

Sep 19, 2014

misusing of current from my eb line

respected sir/madam
today i found someone was missusing the current from our EB line (no:128 001 702. name: tharneermalai. address: old no:114 new no 204 kutchery road mylapore chennai 4. its 3 phase connection) in our complex there are more than 7 to 8 connections. for the month of july the eb reading jumped heavily i don't the reason hence there is no usage about 480 units so i take note about it from that date now today i happen to see the bottom of the meter was opened. so i request you to set rights the things kindly with goodshelf
Theodore

Sep 14, 2014

unable to register for online payment

For the past 2 hours I have been struggling to register for online payment. With great difficulty figured out the consumer number and also manged to get the page where I was asked to fill in my profile. At the top of the page the following details were given.

"Username JAIN HOUSING
Address 72/1 Temple Town Road T.Malai Block10/Fd
Service Status Live
Consumer No 092525911414"

Below this i was asked to fill in details like name, date of birth. Then it asked for th user Id. I filled in the user name as it is given on the top. Then the following remark came
" Username with empty space not permitted!"
So I removed the space and typed "JAINHOUSING". This was also rejected and I do not know what to do. It said the user name not available.
Will kindly help me to register. I am 69+ and so it would be a blessing if I an get the alert for payment & I can pay online.
Another problem I face is to rewrite the figures given in a box in which the background on the left was dark grey which progressively became lighter to the right. On the right I could see the figures very easily but on the left it was extremely difficult and many a times I got it wrong. Can you please help??
Thanking you, with regards,
Mrs.Deepa R.Theodore
Email id - theodore.deepa@gmail.com
Mobile 9445392756
Landline 04422732756
clarencecathy

Aug 5, 2014

meter accesser and AE not bothered to put entry in the card

I am clarencce son of alixes meter accesser is not bothered to put entry in the card for the same when i called customer care they
gave AE mobile number and they asked to give complaint to him but when i called him he is not bothered take up the complaint
and started talking rudly while talking to him he disconnected the phone my house address is no;24/1 thiruvengadam street pudupet chennai and phone is 9840216876.And AE phone is 94454850706.Kindly take action against them.Thank you Regards clarence
Hiddyath

Aug 1, 2014

Power fluctuation & very low voltage

I am living in Pallikarani.We have been facing bad power fluctuation and very low voltage problem during summer throughout the day.

We had raised complaint to our EB office also but no action taken.the issue day by day the problem is increasing.

The problems faced by the consumers due to the fluctuation and low voltage are
1. Our electronic/electrical products such as Refrigerator, , Washing Machines, lights, fans got repaired
2. Couldn't run the Motor to extract water from the ground
3. Increase cost of living - Spending for doctors due to health problems, Repairing charges or exchanging charges of electrical/electronic items & paying higher electricity bill without any convenient service

Action Required is: Need to add Transformers to fix the issue.

Please kindly take any action and do the needful.

Syed
DhilipDhilip

Jun 17, 2014

Pathetic Power fluctuation & very low voltage
I am living in Sithalapakkam,Indira Nagar, Vivekanandar street.Chennai 600126. We have been facing bad power fluctuation and very low voltage problem during summer throughout the day.
I have checked all other areas of Sithalapakkam nd they do not have any issues like these So I understand the issue is only in our area

The problems faced by the consumers due to the fluctuation and low voltage are
1. Health issue for small kids and
2. Our electronic/electrical products such as Refrigerator, , Washing Machines, lights, fans got repaired
3. Couldn't run the Motor to extract water from the ground
4. Increase cost of living - Spending for doctors due to health problems, Repairing charges or exchanging charges of electrical/electronic items & paying higher electricity bill without any convenient service
5. Couldn't concentrate at work in the day due to sleepless nights

Please kindly take any action and do the needfull.

Dhilip.
YUAARAJ

Jun 4, 2014

Pathetic Power fluctuation & very low voltage
I am living in PLT NO 341 @ MADMABAKKAM EB OFFICE , AGARAM THEN KURANJI NAGAR CHENNAI 600126. We have been facing bad power fluctuation and very low voltage problem during summer throughout the day.
We had raised complaint last 6 MONTH ONWAR TILL DATE NO ACTION taken. , I have lodged complaint CALL IN MADAMBAKAM AND DIRECTI ASK NO USE and many of them did the same but they are not able to fix the issue and day by day the problem is increasing.
I have checked all other areas of AGARAM THEN and they do not have any issues like these what is faced by KURANJI NAGAR s. So I understand the issue is only in our area

The problems faced by the consumers of KURANJI NAGAR Nagar due to the fluctuation and low voltage are
1. Health issue for small kids and
5. Couldn't concentrate at work in the day due to sleepless nights

What did the MADMBAKAKM EB office responded whenever we raised complaint is
1. We are not getting enough current from the center so can only distribute what is available and given to us.
2. We can help only to an extend so this is what you can get and it can only go worst in the coming days
3. There is a need for a Transformer in your area but it is not approved so it may take time but definitely not in this summer.
4. This is the issue in whole of MADAMBAKKAM area so we cannot help unless center helps us (but I checked all other area and all AC are working properly throughout the day)

I also met the AE in MADAMBAKKAM EB and he gave the above response. Therefore, after few attempts I did not see any improvement or actions to help us so I am findings all the venues who can help us to get out of these issues???

YUVARAJ
Mobile:- 7401043495
prady25

May 17, 2014

Pathetic Power fluctuation & very low voltage

I am living in flat @ Medavakkam, Ramaiah nagar. We have been facing bad power fluctuation and very low voltage problem during summer throughout the day.
We had raised complaint last year and no action taken. Again this year, I have lodged complaint and many of them did the same but they are not able to fix the issue and day by day the problem is increasing.
I have checked all other areas of Medavakkam and they do not have any issues like these what is faced by Ramaiah nagar and two other accompanied streets. So I understand the issue is only in our area

The problems faced by the consumers of Ramaiah Nagar due to the fluctuation and low voltage are
1. Health issue for small kids and Old people due to AC not functioning anytime (I have 2 small kid and facing health problems)
2. Our electronic/electrical products such as Refrigerator, AC, Washing Machines, lights, fans got repaired
5. Couldn't concentrate at work in the day due to sleepless nights

What did the Medavakkam EB office responded whenever we raised complaint is
4. This is the issue in whole of Medavakkam area so we cannot help unless center helps us (but I checked all other area and all AC are working properly throughout the day)

I also met the AE in Medavakkam EB and he gave the above response. Therefore, after few attempts I did not see any improvement or actions to help us so I am findings all the venues who can help us to get out of these issues???

Pradeep
Mobile:- 98415 76510
karthir

Apr 30, 2014

FAST READING

Excess Reading - Meter running very fast
I reside in Metu thandalam- near palandiamman kovil (My Service no# 095720111568). We reside there for past 3 years where it we dont have any any electrical equipment other than fan, light.

This month - reading recorded was 770 (amount Rs.4800) where in we dont have any major equipment. This is something very strange - when approached TNEB - I will have pay this month and they will adjust next month. what is that they adjust next month.

Will meter has 6th sense which do this adjustment - or the person who is taking this reading doing this.

Can this be considered and action needs to be taken.

If this is somethign with meter - then please change the meter accordingly.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Kuttiappu

Apr 28, 2014

Power Cut every 15 minutes & in the night for 2 hours dailyy only in my portion

Facing a big trouble of power cut every 15 minutes during the day & after 9:30 in the night power goes for more than two hours every day. When all the houses in my area is lit very well only my portion facing this problem. When I called to the EB Kottivakkam, they block my number and they don't respond. I don't know how to get rid of this & I am paying a very high amount for the electricity. Can any one help in this regard.
Saranya Bharani

Mar 28, 2014

Excess Reading - Meter running very fast

I reside in thoraipakkam - chandrasekaran avenue (My meter no# 3244965 & Service no# 214 008 3605). We reside there for past 6 months - new flat ; 2 bills we paid was minimum - where it we dont have any any electrical equipment other than fan, light.

This month - reading recorded was 1170 (amount Rs.5689) where in we dont have any major equipment. This is something very strange - when approached TNEB - I will have pay this month and they will adjust next month. what is that they adjust next month.

Can this be considered and action needs to be taken.

Reading taken by: Saravanan - contact no# 9444799075.

If this is somethign with meter - then please change the meter accordingly.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Saranya
no. 147 chandrasekaran Avenue
Okkaiyam Thoraipakkam
Ch - 97
M.S.SOWMIA NARAYANAN

Mar 14, 2014

Reading not taken.

I am residing at 19/2, Balamurugan Street, Parthasarathy Nagar, Vysarpadi, Chennai-600039. Reading not taken from November 2013 to Feb 2014. Last payment made based on previous payment, but March 3rd reading was taken in my locality except my house. Hence kindly arrange to assess reading for the period January'14 to February'14 to enable me to make payment at the earliest.

M.S.SOWMIA NARAYANAN,
Mahalakshmi Yoganantham

Dec 21, 2013

AFTER FIXED NEW METER -ITS READING VERY FAST

We are at Chennai in Palavakkam, Plot no.94, Andawar Illam, 1st Floor, Kamarajar Salai Kandasamy Nagar, Ch-41
My EB no. 206.002.86 (20600286) In my Flat, changed all 5 meter, instead of two is issue, one for us, its reading very fast, the another neibour 's meter not even reading.

Kindly send along with new meter and check.
Y Dhinagarbaby
Devanathancse

Oct 18, 2013

Frequent power cut

I am Residing at No 11 vinayagar koil street, velachery road , saidapet, chennai 15. For the past six months there is a power cut in my street specially for 4 Houses others not having a problem the Complaint ph :No 22570030 is always engaged. they will attend after 30 or 40 calls then send a person he ll put fuse then the problem will be over for that day , but it is happening daily for more than six months, there is no proper response
kenneth ward

Oct 16, 2013

FREQUENT POWER CUTS & LOW VOLTAGE

MY ADDRESS IS NO.12 / 2, KALAIVAANAR SALAI, SUDHA AVENUE 2, KRISHNA FLATS, S.A.P. BUILDING (6 FLATS), CHITLAPAKKAM, CHENNAI - 600064. MY NAME IS KENNETH WARD. MY MOBILE NO. IS 9444938789. OUR FLATS HAS BEEN FACING SEVERE LOW VOLTAGE & REGULAR POWER CUTS DAILY FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS. WE ARE UNABLE TO USE OUR AC, FRIDGE, WASHING MACHINE & OTHER HOME APPLIANCES PROPERLY DUE TO THIS PROBLEM. MOREOVER WHEN THE POWER GOES OFF AT OUR FLATS, HOW THE OTHER HOUSES IN OUR SURROUNDINGS CONTINUE TO HAVE POWER ?. THIS SHOWS THAT THE TRANSFORMER TO WHICH OUR FLATS IS CONNECTED TO IS VERY WEAK. WE HAVE GIVEN COMPLAINTS IN WRITING, OVER PHONE & IN PERSON ALSO BUT OUR PROBLEM IS YET TO BE RECTIFIED BY THE AE / EB CHITLAPAKKAM. THEREFORE ON BEHALF OF OUR (6 FLATS) I MAKE YET ANOTHER COMPLAINT TO THE TNEB, CHITLAPAKKAM ASST.ENGR. TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY.
Lakshmipriya

Sep 30, 2013

meter not working/ stopped

My Consumer Details are

Consumer No : 148-003-60
Consumer Name : V. Sampurna
Address : No 36/14 Letangs Road, 2B Arun Shyam Apartment, Vepery, Chennai - 600007

Our meter is not working properly long days ago.We gave complaint for 3 times to our area Assistant Engineer regarding this Issue..
But not yet got any solution. Please do the favour for the same.

With Thanks and Regards
R. Lakshmipriya
Jamuna5

Sep 25, 2013

Tneb installing cable boxes infront of the house

I had lodged complaint not to dig path holes and submitted online complaint on 21 St 0f September because they are going to instal cable boxes it will totally affect the front view our house and this is the access living area and I have written complaint to AD and courier to SE olimugapettai and cc to chairman but without any explanation they closed the complaint again I lodged the complaint yesterday my service no is 301027256 and complaint code is tneb-49075 . I need an explanation how can they close the complaint without any updates .

I lodged the complaint again on yesterday with the code tneb-49256 dated 25th september2013.
RRavikumar

Sep 8, 2013

Meter not working

My meter not working, This was fixxed one year back only.
Meter no.433 012 1892
Address
5 & 7,Flat no.BG1,Kamalapuram colony,Red hills High Road,
Ambattur, Chennai.

Kindly arrange to rectify the meter.
Xerox copy of EB card already submitted.
Vinotha

Jun 27, 2013

unable to login

I try to login for online payment. I didn't able to login. I am getting the bad credentials/ account not activated. Already i pay online with the same id.but now i am not able to login. if i give forget password the consumenr no is not valid error messesge come
I have two consumer no : 05272011411 and 05227201195 my mail id is : jasminevino1@gmail.com. please help me to get the password
mukeshbetala

Jun 25, 2013

meter reading is verry fast

dear sir my consgnee no 011020071063 (102 007 1063 ) meter is running is verry fast so please check and change another meter door no 65 sami naiken street chintadripet near market chenna 600002thanks
shivaharan

Jun 7, 2013

online payment

in our area online payment is not possible.because the bill payment amount is not updated on tangedco website.in tneb office there is a problem of net&current is not available.the accountent will not update the amount on due date.so we will pay the amount with fine.for eg:
JEYANTHI
5/117,mani nagar
Rs.Nil

ui-button
K.JEYANTHI
5/118,mani nagar
Rs.Nil
the due date is 05.06.2013
still it is not updated.
my area
TIRUNELVELI
PADUKKAPATTU
UDAIPIRAPPU
Athma

May 27, 2013

Eb power suply hasbeen coming as low voltage and highvoltage

My consumar no is 02-080-006-503. we are residing at no 7 govindasamynagar, pennadam cuddalure district .For the past one and half year, there is a high voltage drop in our area. Sometimes it low and high. this creates a fear in our mind. Also there is no safety in our houses. Electrical home appliances are damaged and no safety. Whenever we complained to the EB, they attended the problem, and we get temporary soloution.But the problem arise often. So we need a permanent solution for our problem. Please consider our problem and kindly do the needful.
amul7777

May 15, 2013

One Phase is not working

I am residing at no 55 pushpathanda nagar, abi flats singaperumal koil.Meter Number SC 2069 C.(09-503-003-2069). Can you please check, when i call EB office, they tell they have sent the person, but no change in the connection.

Easy Mobile Recharge - 1002 rupess debit from my account but recharge not done
    Sir, I have recharged a sum of Rs 1002/- on 06 Dec 2014...
    Vodafone - sms not sending
    Regularly i am using sms bonus card.can not sent sms from...
    TNPSC - Lost my Group 2A exam hall ticket
    Dear sir/ Madam I lost my register number so kindly...
    369431 - 《+91-9592358265》 love problem solution VASHIKARAN ..
    astrologer in India pune+91 9592358265 black magic...
    INDIAN RAILWAY TDR REFUND - C R REPUDITE | 2466009128
    Hello Sir/Madam, I have booked an E- ticket having PNR...
    Microsoft lumia 535 dual sim - Mobile phone theft
    My phone has been theft today at 9:45 in bus route no 624...
    help@uidai.gov.in - name dob and address and no.only ten and two block blank
    dear sir mera receipt no. 8036/81453/00081 29/09/2013...