TNEB

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB

Saranya Bharani

Mar 28, 2014

Excess Reading - Meter running very fast

I reside in thoraipakkam - chandrasekaran avenue (My meter no# 3244965 & Service no# 214 008 3605). We reside there for past 6 months - new flat ; 2 bills we paid was minimum - where it we dont have any any electrical equipment other than fan, light.

This month - reading recorded was 1170 (amount Rs.5689) where in we dont have any major equipment. This is something very strange - when approached TNEB - I will have pay this month and they will adjust next month. what is that they adjust next month.

Will meter has 6th sense which do this adjustment - or the person who is taking this reading doing this.

Can this be considered and action needs to be taken.

Reading taken by: Saravanan - contact no# 9444799075.

If this is somethign with meter - then please change the meter accordingly.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Saranya
no. 147 chandrasekaran Avenue
Okkaiyam Thoraipakkam
Ch - 97
M.S.SOWMIA NARAYANAN

Mar 14, 2014

Reading not taken.

I am residing at 19/2, Balamurugan Street, Parthasarathy Nagar, Vysarpadi, Chennai-600039. Reading not taken from November 2013 to Feb 2014. Last payment made based on previous payment, but March 3rd reading was taken in my locality except my house. Hence kindly arrange to assess reading for the period January'14 to February'14 to enable me to make payment at the earliest.

M.S.SOWMIA NARAYANAN,
Mahalakshmi Yoganantham

Dec 21, 2013

AFTER FIXED NEW METER -ITS READING VERY FAST

We are at Chennai in Palavakkam, Plot no.94, Andawar Illam, 1st Floor, Kamarajar Salai Kandasamy Nagar, Ch-41
My EB no. 206.002.86 (20600286) In my Flat, changed all 5 meter, instead of two is issue, one for us, its reading very fast, the another neibour 's meter not even reading.

Kindly send along with new meter and check.
Y Dhinagarbaby
Devanathancse

Oct 18, 2013

Frequent power cut

I am Residing at No 11 vinayagar koil street, velachery road , saidapet, chennai 15. For the past six months there is a power cut in my street specially for 4 Houses others not having a problem the Complaint ph :No 22570030 is always engaged. they will attend after 30 or 40 calls then send a person he ll put fuse then the problem will be over for that day , but it is happening daily for more than six months, there is no proper response
kenneth ward

Oct 16, 2013

FREQUENT POWER CUTS & LOW VOLTAGE

MY ADDRESS IS NO.12 / 2, KALAIVAANAR SALAI, SUDHA AVENUE 2, KRISHNA FLATS, S.A.P. BUILDING (6 FLATS), CHITLAPAKKAM, CHENNAI - 600064. MY NAME IS KENNETH WARD. MY MOBILE NO. IS 9444938789. OUR FLATS HAS BEEN FACING SEVERE LOW VOLTAGE & REGULAR POWER CUTS DAILY FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS. WE ARE UNABLE TO USE OUR AC, FRIDGE, WASHING MACHINE & OTHER HOME APPLIANCES PROPERLY DUE TO THIS PROBLEM. MOREOVER WHEN THE POWER GOES OFF AT OUR FLATS, HOW THE OTHER HOUSES IN OUR SURROUNDINGS CONTINUE TO HAVE POWER ?. THIS SHOWS THAT THE TRANSFORMER TO WHICH OUR FLATS IS CONNECTED TO IS VERY WEAK. WE HAVE GIVEN COMPLAINTS IN WRITING, OVER PHONE & IN PERSON ALSO BUT OUR PROBLEM IS YET TO BE RECTIFIED BY THE AE / EB CHITLAPAKKAM. THEREFORE ON BEHALF OF OUR (6 FLATS) I MAKE YET ANOTHER COMPLAINT TO THE TNEB, CHITLAPAKKAM ASST.ENGR. TO RECTIFY THE PROBLEM IMMEDIATELY.
Lakshmipriya

Sep 30, 2013

meter not working/ stopped

My Consumer Details are

Consumer No : 148-003-60
Consumer Name : V. Sampurna
Address : No 36/14 Letangs Road, 2B Arun Shyam Apartment, Vepery, Chennai - 600007

Our meter is not working properly long days ago.We gave complaint for 3 times to our area Assistant Engineer regarding this Issue..
But not yet got any solution. Please do the favour for the same.

With Thanks and Regards
R. Lakshmipriya
Jamuna5

Sep 25, 2013

Tneb installing cable boxes infront of the house

I had lodged complaint not to dig path holes and submitted online complaint on 21 St 0f September because they are going to instal cable boxes it will totally affect the front view our house and this is the access living area and I have written complaint to AD and courier to SE olimugapettai and cc to chairman but without any explanation they closed the complaint again I lodged the complaint yesterday my service no is 301027256 and complaint code is tneb-49075 . I need an explanation how can they close the complaint without any updates .

I lodged the complaint again on yesterday with the code tneb-49256 dated 25th september2013.
RRavikumar

Sep 8, 2013

Meter not working

My meter not working, This was fixxed one year back only.
Meter no.433 012 1892
Address
5 & 7,Flat no.BG1,Kamalapuram colony,Red hills High Road,
Ambattur, Chennai.

Kindly arrange to rectify the meter.
Xerox copy of EB card already submitted.
Vinotha

Jun 27, 2013

unable to login

I try to login for online payment. I didn't able to login. I am getting the bad credentials/ account not activated. Already i pay online with the same id.but now i am not able to login. if i give forget password the consumenr no is not valid error messesge come
I have two consumer no : 05272011411 and 05227201195 my mail id is : jasminevino1@gmail.com. please help me to get the password
mukeshbetala

Jun 25, 2013

meter reading is verry fast

dear sir my consgnee no 011020071063 (102 007 1063 ) meter is running is verry fast so please check and change another meter door no 65 sami naiken street chintadripet near market chenna 600002thanks
shivaharan

Jun 7, 2013

online payment

in our area online payment is not possible.because the bill payment amount is not updated on tangedco website.in tneb office there is a problem of net&current is not available.the accountent will not update the amount on due date.so we will pay the amount with fine.for eg:
JEYANTHI
5/117,mani nagar
Rs.Nil

ui-button
K.JEYANTHI
5/118,mani nagar
Rs.Nil
the due date is 05.06.2013
still it is not updated.
my area
TIRUNELVELI
PADUKKAPATTU
UDAIPIRAPPU
Athma

May 27, 2013

Eb power suply hasbeen coming as low voltage and highvoltage

My consumar no is 02-080-006-503. we are residing at no 7 govindasamynagar, pennadam cuddalure district .For the past one and half year, there is a high voltage drop in our area. Sometimes it low and high. this creates a fear in our mind. Also there is no safety in our houses. Electrical home appliances are damaged and no safety. Whenever we complained to the EB, they attended the problem, and we get temporary soloution.But the problem arise often. So we need a permanent solution for our problem. Please consider our problem and kindly do the needful.
amul7777

May 15, 2013

One Phase is not working

I am residing at no 55 pushpathanda nagar, abi flats singaperumal koil.Meter Number SC 2069 C.(09-503-003-2069). Can you please check, when i call EB office, they tell they have sent the person, but no change in the connection.
aks12sub

May 6, 2013

FAST RUNNING OF METER

Ref : EB Card No. 242.20.386, Area : Alandur, City : Chennai

Please note that our EB meter is running heavy units (13-15 units per day, sometimes 18 units per day) above the normal usage of 5-6 units per day. No one is available during day time as everyone is employed.

Complaint letter along with xerox copy of EB card has already been forwarded to Alandur EB.

Request you to please depute the concerned to check the meter and request you to replace with new meter, if required.

A K Subramanian (98412 71073)
TNEB

Apr 12, 2013

TNEB low voltage in Senneer Kuppam

I am living in senneer kuppam (Poonamalle), vetrilai thottam area there is huge voltage problem in all 3 phases, when approach the EB people, they said another transformer has to provide to solve this problem, but in this area having only one transformer for factories and domestic etc when running the factories residential lines are getting low voltage even a water motor pump also not running, the higher official not initiating for provide new transformer even though it has approved by TNEB.
Arun84

Mar 28, 2013

4 month reading entered in sheet

Meter reading was not taken for last 4 months in Provident cosmo city Block C35. Today March 28, the official has come and entered the reading as 710 in the eb card. If the reading would have been properly in BI Monthly basis. The reading would have not crossed 400 for (DEC,JAN) and for (FEB,MARCH). I am not sure how will this be entered online. Crossing 500 units will cost me 3000 odd rupees. Only if the reading was taken properly, i would have paid 1000 for each time, saving 1000 rs. Not sure, how the eb is going to update in the online account. Being an tennent, now sure who should i ask this about. the EB official or the Owner or the Provident cosmo city Maintainance staffs.
Vignesh Sivakumar

Mar 8, 2013

Tambaram subway

In Tambaram subway, there are no lights working. People are finding difficult to walk through the subway in darkness. Please do the needful.
salembalki

Feb 13, 2013

Tree branches rubs the wires

Frequently the tree branches rubs the service wires which disturbs the smooth power supply our house. Either the it disconnects the power suppy or to low voltage.
This has been represented to the salem coorporation asst commioner seeking to cut the branches but no action was taken for the past 5 months. while reporting to the TNEB office they are not ready to cut the branches since they affraid that it is an offence.
jensy

Feb 1, 2013

power shedding

Our residing No, 14/87, k.p kovil street, near karaneeswarar kovil, saidapet chennai - 15.
Past one month we are facing power shedding problem at morning 7 to more than 4 to 5hrs. So we facing lot of problem, not able to do any work, some are going schools, office, its affected our daily needs. Honourable AE should consider and make arrangements to provide the power.
Thanks regard
Tenants
A K MANI

Jan 23, 2013

meter reading not posted

sir , my consumar number is 256-720-624 . reading has been taken by the assesser in december 2012 and duely entered in the white card at my premisis . but the same has not been updated in my database and as a result i am unable to pay on line.please do the need ful for updation.
R.RADHAKRISHNAN

Jan 7, 2013

Meter

Due meter complaint abnormal reading,
Consumer Name & Address: R.RADHAKRISHNAN,852/3-Maruthi Nagar,Opp:Maruthi Pipe Company,Ammapet,Salem-636 003.
Consumer No: 433 003 798 , Ammapet EB Office.
Kindly Check & rectify immediately
zenba

Jan 5, 2013

wrongly entered meter reading

meter reading is wrongly entered in December month -0 consumption...at that time while we where in home same time period.please let us know how we can correct?

Dec 8, 2012

TNEB Power cut for for 10 to 12 hours

Everyday we have power cut minimum 10 to 12 hours per day in Chennai (Urapakkam), but the Hindu Festival we didn't have power cut. We cannot understand the power cut timing also.No Power cut on Especially Hindu festival no other cast festival. We cannot understand the basis. The Hindu festival next day will be power cut increase on 15 to 16 hours power cut and Low power also include.
gopinath_4033

Dec 4, 2012

Low Voltage Complaint

Low Voltage
We live in-99/41,Subbarayan main street,Nammalwar pet,Chennai-600012.Mo.no-9840260675. Area and for the past 15 days, the voltage has been very low and we were never able to switch on water pump. I asked the EB people many times and they say, they cannot help as the incoming voltage itself is low. I do not to whom should we go ask for.help me thank you.

Nov 21, 2012

TNEB Power cut for for 10 to 12 hours

in vandalur the power cut is increasing day by day. when a compaline is raised to the officials they are not giving a proper response.in the night time every 1hour once the power is put off .13 to14 hours of power cut is faced by the people every day.

PRATEEK - Fraud Consultant
    Dear Sir, I am giving you the complete URL...
    Goel medical agency - selling drugs without drug licence of that concerned state
    SACHIN SINGLA PROP. OF M/S GOEL MEDICAL AGENCIES , 16/5,...
    indian railway parcel service - missing
    not unload my bike Dear sir, I had booked my motor...
    Electric Bill pvvnl - Avarage bill
    A/C: 3101813000 My Flat close last three month and i...
    Dish Tv Service... - Dish TV_CST
    Dear Sanjay Kumar, Thanks for voicing your concern....
    SBI PO - Amount deducted but not yet received registration number
    On 24th April i applied for sbi po 2014 through online...
    punjab national bank - Cash not Obtained but the balance deducted
    Sub: Debit of money without issuing the cash Ref: ATM...
    Election Commision Of Tamilnadu - Name deleted from Voters list
    My family's name is deleted from the voter's...
    Election Commission - missing name on voter list
    respected sir, i had voted in the year 2009 for lok...