TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

SUBRAMANIAN.M

Sep 19, 2014

Meter reading staff's mis- behaving .

MY CURRENT CONSUMPTION NUMBER IS 014-002-666.
MY ADDRESS IS 125/26,MANALI NEW TOWN,
CHENNAI-103.
IN MY HOUSE CURRENT CONSUMPTION METER IS WORKING.BUT THE METER READING STAFF IS WRITTEN IN MY CARD" NO DISPLAY". I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS WRITTEN LIKE THIS. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFULL.
AND AT THE SAME TIME TAKE NESSASARY ACTION AGAINST HIM.
THIS IS THE INFORMATION TO ALL HIGH OFFICIALS OF T.N.E.B.
---SUBRAMANIAN.M
augustinjoseg

Sep 18, 2014

Reading not mentioned in card as well as online

Hi ,

Every month i used to pay my bill amount 800-900 range. one month they not mentioned reading details in card as well as online.
they have taken reading next month calculated for 4 months .so the amont came around 3400 rs according to the overall reading rate. so i had to pay around 1500 rs. extra from the real charge by made mistaken by EB employees . kindly suggest the way to claim the amount back.

regards,
Jose
S Vijayaragavan

EB consumption meterfaulty

Complaint already made on 21.8.2014 about to The Assitant Engineer Nolambur Mogappair west,given written letter about Consumption Meter faulty for the service No.437.022.331 in Block No.5 Flat No.B in 3rd Flooe in Jain Sunderbans Nolambur
Chennai 600095. Consumer Name S Vijayaragavan Block No.5, IIIrd floor B Flat Jain Sunderbans Nolambu Chennai 95
My Resident Address.S Vijayaragavan No.5 7th Cross Street Thiruvengadanagar, Tirininravur 602024
My landline 044/26344632 Mobile 9444710764 email srvr39@yahoo.com Pl take appropirate action Thanks
guga

Sep 17, 2014

unauthorised setup of electrict motor in my well

sir i am owning two acres of land in yenadavadi village cheyyar taluk tiruvannamalai district my neighbour named Mr.thanikachalam has installed electricity motor in my well without my permission. Two weeks before (ie) 06/09/2014 i went and made written complaint to the concerned junior engineer (name unknown) He came to the spot and inspected and told me that he will remove the motor but till now with the inteference of the local politician he has not removed the electicity motor. Hence i humbly request u to take appropriate action in this regard.

From
Karthikclick

Meter Display Replacement of device

Consumer Name: K.Karthikeyan
Service Number: 240-015-314

Problem: Meter display is not proper from August 15 2014, requested for new meter change and also the person noted down reading with assumption and didn't marked the meter as Defect and caused problem.

Valasaravakkam AE is not responsible and hesitating in assisting consumers, He didn't take any action on the person noted down wrong reading which is affecting several consumers. But he shouted at the revenue officer who helped consumers in adjusting the right reading and aided in payment. Now he is not sending any person to replace my defect meter. If I ask for reason, he simply saying irrelevant internal issues which consumers wont even understand and asking me to give another letter in October.

My online complaint numbers are as follows:
1.complaint id - 7184623082014 - 23/8/2014 - Person noted down wrong meter reading - letter also accepted by AE

2.complaint id - 7458703092014 - 3/9/2014 - Meter No Display - Letter also accepted by AE

Karthik
anvarbashaa

Sep 16, 2014

Electric Pole in the middle of the Road

Hi There,

I live in the 30 ft Road Varadarjan Nagar- Ponniamman Medu (Behind Kolathur RTO office) WE have an Electric Pole right opposite to the transformer which blocks at least 6ft of the road and makes the road narrow. I have contacted Chennai Corporation Officials on the same, they have asked me to post the same in your complaints forum. Kindly remove this post and place it on the opposite side of road. Which would remove the hindrance of traffice happening quite frequently opposite to my house.

Kindly let me know if you need anything else.

Many Thanks
Anvar Bashaa
chitraa

Sep 10, 2014

TNEB METER READING NOT BEING ENTERED IN CARD

THOUGH METER CARDS ARE KEPT ON 1ST OF THE MONTH BI-MONTHLY, READING NOT BEING ENTERED IN THE METER CARD.
THOUGH IT IS AVAILABLE ONLINE, SOME PEOPLE MAY NOT HAVE PC FACILITY.
AND IS IT NOT MANDATORY TO ENTER METER READING ON METER CARD. FOR THE PAST FOUR TIMES, IT IS NOT BEING ENTERED. NANGANALLUR EB AUTHORITIES SHOULD INSTRUCT THE PERSONS COMING FOR TAKING READING TO ENTER THE READINGS ON THE CARD IMMEDIATELY WHEN THE TAKE READINGS.

FROM
GURU JEEVA APARTMENTS
VTH MAIN ROAD
NANGANALLUR CHENNAI 61
Ravi Bangalore

Sep 4, 2014

To remove the Bill Messaging service which is unknowingly activated by you to my mobile number which is located in the Karnataka region.

I am residing in Bangalore and my network is Karnataka origin. From the past two to three months i am getting a message to pay the electricity bill with the SC No. 0251600835. As this is not related to me, find the concerned person and collect the exact mobile number and then send the bill to him.
So, i kindly request you to remove the service which is attached to my number and do the needful at the earliest.

With Regards,
Ravi
Mob. No. 09844255989.
Bangalore, Karnataka.
A.R.Ram Mohan

Sep 3, 2014

one phase is not working

We have 5 blocks in our apartments. In block 2, we have three phase system in my house out of which, one phase is not working for more than six months. Sometimes, whenever other blocks are having power, in block 2 there is no power at all. Power will be restored after making a complaint. Kindly look into this and do the needful. Another request, in Block 2 C, a new electronic current box has been installed. How to read the metre reading? Can you please help in this regard.

A.R.Ram Mohan,

Dated:3.9.2014
manoraj81

Sep 2, 2014

low voltage issues more than 6 month

Due to low voltage problem, we almost lost our peace of mind more than 6 months.
we complained several times to the people whoever comes for reading but no action taken.
recently last month. Several stabilizers burnt along with ac.
Not even a fan is working in this low voltage which ranges from 85 to 150.
We could find this 150 or 160 @ 11 am. But @ peak hours like 6 to 9 or the whole night it will be 85 to 90.
Who will address this issues.
meethiru

Sep 1, 2014

TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD-METER READING VERY FAST PAYING HUGE AMOUNT

TAMILNADU ELECTRICTY BOARD-METER READING VERY FAST PAYING HUGE AMOUNT Dear sir, My consumer details are consumer name M.Thirunavukkarasu.N012/24 Silambani south street DEVAKOTTAI 630302 Contact no.9894034690 I wish to inform you that I have construct my First floor.,At that time I was changed my tariff NO.I to tariff no V. Due to my mistake I was not changed the tariff No.V to tariff No.I after completion of work done by me.At that time i was remit the EB Bill Rs.3494/ I gave the complaint to the AE of our area. But he refused the complaint.He told the next bill should be adjusted. The April 2014 EB bill reading medam says that the meter was not function.Please call on our office and pay the bill amount.Immediately i went to the EB office and met concern clerk. He told the April 2014 bill amount Rs.2071/ I was remit the amount Rs.2071/ on 7/5/2014. Next June14 bill amount Rs.3450/. Immediately i met the AE of our area.He told please pay the amount Rs.3450/after we will check your meter. I was remit the amount Rs3450/ on 4/7/2014 Again August bill amount was received for Rs.2185/ for sc No.05415003305 due on 8/9/2014. Our meter is not working properly and also meter reading is fast long days ago. we gave the complaint to the AE of our area. But he is not accepting and refuse.He says that the New electronic meter is fine.Although my consumption readings are very high due to faulty meter and i have paid as per the reading for the past six months So, i request you to kindly change the faulty meter immediately Awaiting your favourable reply. Thank you With regards M.Thirunavukkarasu
kishore.nvk

Aug 31, 2014

No proper power supply for 1 almost year

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am residing at Sasirekamma Nagar, Off.K.K.D. Nagar. Chennai. In this area people are facing power supply problem for almost 1 year even we made compliant to the respected AO he is not responding, when the people are calling them through their phone they are answering in irresponsible manner so we got totally frustrated with their behavior. Please kindly take the necessary steps to resolve this problem we are ready to take it to the next step, because lot of school children can't able to study and old age people can't able to survey with this electricity problem. Please consider the situation as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,
Kishore Kumar V
mramesh11

Aug 25, 2014

Electric Cable Not Laid properly in Road

Respected Sir

Iam ramesh from No 297, Gandhi Street, MGR Colony, Anna Nagar Chennai -600040, Infront of My house, Electric cable is not laid properly in Road , Every day Hundreds of Peoples crossing the road by Walking and using Light vehicle , Already some plaster has sticked in that cable, Wire may damage any time due to vehicle crossing,

Kindly take necessary action to save our human life

Waiting for timely action .

Ramesh M
919840696711
pushparaj.j

Aug 21, 2014

erected transformer on my plot-TNEB

I have owns patta plot in cuddalore, next to sewerage plant. The AE of the cuddalore-607001 has erected the transformer on my plot. I have argued AE and asked the reason on erected the transformer on my plot without referring the area map but I did not get the proper response and asked to pay the money to erecting the transformer to this new place.

I don’t want to pay for this. Therefore, I have sent the petition to JE and AE and one more person(count not remember) with acknowledgement slip and I got only two acknowledgement except AE of the cuddalore.

can I take the legal action for this issue against TNEB? Can I get the favorable answer?
What next I need to do that ?
Pushparaj - 9952984111
Rajendran . S

Aug 20, 2014

No current supply for Agriculture

I am an agriculturist from Puthamangalam Village ( MANALMEDU - SUB - Nagapatinum Dt. ). For the Past one Week we had no proper supply of Electricity for our Agricultural Pump sets. We made our requests with Mr.Sella ( Native of VAIYAPURI THIDAL) the Line man of our Area. He is not at all caring about his duties and responsibilities.

EVERYTHING CAN WAIT BUT NOT AGRICULTURE !.

Kindly take necessary action and SAVE OUR CROPS ( Nathangal ).

Waiting for your timely action,
S.RAJENDRAN
VIJAYASESH GUEST HOUSE (lodge)

Aug 9, 2014

single phase problem

FREQUENT SINGLE PHASE PROBLEM
We are running a guest house in Ramanathan street, T.nagar. We regret inform you that we are facing frequently one single phase problem. Regarding this we made the complaints to the E.b office and the linemen who has attended the problem but
still the problem is existing and not rectified yet. Hence we request you to make necessary action to rectify this problem.

Yours Sincerely,

Ganesh - 99406 84419
VIJAYA SESH GUEST HOUSE (LODGE)
No:11, Ramanathan Street, T.Nagar
Chennai - 17.
kannanads

Aug 8, 2014

Low voltage and fluctuations

Dear Sir, We are facting voltage function in our office at many times. even the fans, light, desktop computers are not working.
Almost of the electrical equimpents ( desktop computers, lights ) are gone because of the voltage fluctution.

Kindly Look into this issue and take a fast action on this problem.

# 51, puthuthottam main road, sherrif colony,

( kailas marbles near )

tirupur - 641 604, tamilnadu Contact : 9843042769
esakkiganesh123

Aug 2, 2014

FREE CURRENT FACILITY

Some people in Eral (Tuticorin District) still utilise the free current facility after removing NESAVU THOZHIL (TEXTILE WAEVING) from their house.
Please remove the FREE current facility who don't have NESAVU (KAI THARI).
I trust, you guys take an immediate action on this and save electricity board.

Address:
Mudaliar street Near bus stand & Vandi Malaichi Amman Kovil street.
Eral

vijaykumar123456789

Jul 31, 2014

theft of electricity

sir

in the house opposite to civil supply godown,the person of the house next opposite to house number 456 f/1 consuming his rent house electricity illegally for his business purpose.the owner of house is working in electricity board.so we cannot able to complaint to the board in kovilpatti.due to his carpenter work in his house we are unable to concentrate in our studies.he works 3 or 4 days in a week.so please took necessary action as soon as possible

thanking you
elangojayanthi

Jul 31, 2014

regarding the entry of the amount in card

dear sir,
our card number: 214.007.1411 has not been entered till date. so we are unable to pay the bill. so kindly request you to enter the amount in internet.

thanking you

7/733 New Muniyasamy Puram
Near Ambedkar Nagar Housing Board
Tuticorin-628002

Respected Sir
we have a problem with fast meter running in the month of June 2014.The reading details and charges are very very high when compared to the previous reading instrument and charges.They went to ask EB but they cannot do anything but will adjust in the coming month bill, so we paid the amount. Kindly look into the notice of the concerned.

Our Ref.No:07-346-013-1464
Our Meter Conn:23100
By
K.Ganesh Manikandan
suseela dayanand

Jul 12, 2014

Street lamp post in the middle of road

I have purchased plot no.76, 1 st, Street., Venugopal Nagar, Kattur, Trichy. This is a corner plot with roads on two sides. The road width is 15' feet as per the Layout plan. Since the plot was lying vacant for a long time the public was using part of the plot as road and the TNEB has erected Electric Post right in the middle of actual road as per the Layout plan. Already the matter was taken up by the Residents Association of Venugopal nagar, but no action has been taken so far to shift the post 10 feet towards the storm water drain. As I am planning to construct my house in the plot I request you to kindly arrange for shifting the post at the earliest by about 10 feet towards the drain so that the road is relaid according to the Layout Plan and I can reclaim my portion of the plot. Thanking you,
Suseela Dayanand.
9952753325 susidaya@yahoo.co.in
Suguna Sundari

Jul 11, 2014

Actually My connection is in Single Phase But Wrongly computerised as as 3 phase

RESPECTED SIR,
For New House Building Construction in 2010, I got EB CONNECTION and my Eb Service No.558 010 297 and my CONSUMER NO.09558010297. I deposit only for single phase. But the person who comes for reading told me that your service is in 3 Phase. In our area there is no 3 phase at all. So i verified in a service status in system in 09-Chennai-South Region, in 411-Chengalpattu Circle, 558-Mannur Section, 010 - Panchanmanthangal Distribution in Phase -3. During 2010 - 2014 we are paying the reading amount in 3 phase only. So i request u to take immediate action to change in single phase and update in system.

B.Suguna Sundari.
Duby

Jul 7, 2014

Low Voltage & Power Cut

I am residing at Dr. Ambedkar Salai, Periyar Nagar Extn, Madipakkam, Chennai-91.

We the residents of that particular area are facing low voltage issue & continious power cuts at the night time after 10.00pm.because of which the children, old aged pepole are facing lot of trouble.

our sleep is been disturbed because of the power cut happening in the night time.

kinldy request you not to cut the power during the night time, as we people are coming from the work after a tired day & want to take rest.

due to the low voltage issue the currenct bill is been double time increased.

please take severe action against this issues.

Pricne