TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

Ratika31

Mar 3, 2015

Bills not available on time

We haven't received the bill for 15th dec till 15th feb for which all other flats in the apartment have received the bills. The due date is 7th Mar. From past few months the bills are not getting generated on time and we have to pay additional late payment charges.

Please update the bill online at the earliest for the above mentioned duration and take action so that from next time we get the bills on time.

Service No - 092100171711

Area - 6th Main road, ramnagar, velachery - 600042
Mari1955

Feb 25, 2015

Power Cut

Weekly twice night 2 to 3 hours power cut in out area Kilkattalai, EB employees not attending the call while we make complaint, after 1and half hours or 2 hours only they attend the call and said whole line burst it will take sometime. Why frequently it will happened like that. Kindly solve this problem, most of the people are office goers, if power during night at the time of 2 A.M. or 3 A.M. our sleep will get disturbed. Kindly solve this issue quickly
D.Manson

Feb 25, 2015

Don't permit commercial connections in residents.

Chennai - 600 042, Velacherry gangai Nagar, Second Cross street, Door No:11, Mr.Rangaswamy going to start the business of flour mills like (chille,Rice, Wheat, Etc). The flour mills machinery at the time of running its makes big sound(Noise), Dust also produce. How you can give permission for this kind of activity's ? Please take immediate action unless the consequences this issues will be very danger.

D.Manson

No; 98 Sri lakshmi nagarNagar,
nerkundram, Chennai – 600 107
Mobile – 9840176441
Respected Sir / Madam,
I am living at the above address for the past 18 years. I was working chennai corporation driver. We used to pay our Electricity Bill through TNEB website. I only pays it regularly. readings are entered in our EB card for the past 18 years. We usually get Rs.700/- to Rs.500/- and 300 to 400 units before jan 2015. But this month 2015 we had got 1222 units and Rs.6900/- (six thousand nine hundred ) as the bill amount. This is a drastic increase in the consumed units & billing. So we had given a complaint to AE and AD. They are not said correct details with complaint for me but i was not use more electricity only for used motor (water) early mornig and evening half hour for my new house . So that we got a high consumed units & billing for jan 2015 adding all the previous months’ units.
Due to this mistake in online TNEB website, we had got a huge billing. If not, we would had got Rs.500/- to Rs.1000/- as an average billing, please i request check our meter box last month. So, I request you to check this & please assign the billing for this month at an average. my electric connection no : 287-110-2067. Branch office: alwarthirunagar.

L. VICTOR

No; 98 Sri lakshmi nagarNagar,
nerkundram, Chennai – 600 107
Mobile – 9840176441
Respected Sir / Madam,
I am living at the above address for the past 18 years. I was working chennai corporation driver. We used to pay our Electricity Bill through TNEB website. I only pays it regularly. readings are entered in our EB card for the past 18 years. We usually get Rs.700/- to Rs.500/- and 300 to 400 units before jan 2015. But this month 2015 we had got 1222 units and Rs.6900/- (six thousand nine hundred ) as the bill amount. This is a drastic increase in the consumed units & billing. So we had given a complaint to AE and DE. They are not said correct details with complaint for me but i was not use more electricity only for used motor (water) early mornig and evening half hour for my new house . So that we got a high consumed units & billing for jan 2015 adding all the previous months’ units.

L. VICTOR

PIS ACTION
irudhayaraj

Feb 13, 2015

irudhayaraj.bjp

i am irudhayaraj from bharat janata party . i came to know few things from people and business man that bribe in saravananpatti from
aeo to low level designation have a fixed rate for each to do their duty .

it is better to take beg from temple or in street . they are alloted by the govt for doing their duty but they expect money for doing their duty . first the higher officer itself have charge in distributing the bribe amount if it is continue like this in future our bjp people ready to take charge in their own hand . we have the all evidence in our hand with proof we are ready to prove at any time . change yourself otherwise we make them change that is modi goverment.
Karthik.ds

Circle 444-Tanjore
Section 472-AE/O&M/MANAMBUCHAVADI
Distribution 016-Krishnan koil
Number 598
Address 1798 KRISHNAKOIL STREET, THANJAVUR.
Service Status LIVE

Mob no: 9751223671

Jan 22, 2015

corruption

Corruption

I live in Hosur Nandavanam and the concern is about the TNEB employees behavioural attitude and Corruption at all levels.Apart from this there is a problem of Low volatge for about 500 houses and they are charging more than 75000 from the people who are all living there with a open statement.Recently i had to change the service wire cable for that they charged Rs 175 per metre for 25 metres and labour charge of about 2500 Rs as a whole together it became Rs 7000.But the actual cost should have been close to 2500 Rs including charges but this was the classic example of Hosur Tamilnadu Electricity Board Employees.I will shortlist the names who were all involved along with their phone numbers. Line man Saravanan Mob : 9566794677 and he has assistant who is not under TNEB where in all the illegal money transactions will be carried out through him his name is Shabbir , Mobile number is 9789522647.I have raised this concern now just to make sure that this kind of behaviour or corruption should not happen to any one in the future.I trust completely on this forum to take necessary action against respective employees.

Line man Saravanan Mob : 9566794677 and Fellow partner in crime of corruption : Shabbir , Mobile number is 9789522647

Please take action against the corrupted lineman and officers who are involved so that people can live peacefully.

Jan 22, 2015

corruption

Jan 21, 2015

karthicksurya

Jan 20, 2015

Not providing service for agriculture purpose

We have applied for Eb service for agriculture purpose on 2005, at present we came to know that our service is at seniority level for past 2 years, but still we not yet received the service. Because of these irresponsible Eb staffs we not able to cultivate in our agri land. we face a great loss. please provide us resolution.
sspandiyan1987

Jan 18, 2015

correction of husband name

Sc no:024600042031.
Consumer name :A.Rajasree Kasthuri .
My husband name Soundarapandiyan is entered as sundarapandiyan in your database . Pls correct it.
bhaskee

Jan 18, 2015

for 2 days eb connectin not working

ka.chinnasamy eb consumer name consumer no 04004001355

Jan 14, 2015

changing EB concert post

pls change worst EB lamp post at near hut house in kamarapuram ambattur near public toilet in town ship quaters.

Illegal usge of electricity

605109,

Kalliyaperumal (new shop-drawing electricity illegal)
As there is a separate Unit for each and every place to draw elecricity and the shop which is situated on the Pondy mailam main road, is drawing elecricity for their shop from their home as they don't have separate electricity unit for their shop.The E.B officers who are responsible for this are getting bribes from them and are lenient with them.i kindly request you to take necessary action regarding this issue.

Illegal usage of electricity

605109,

Kalliyaperumal (new shop-drawing electricity illegal)

Illegal usage of elecricity

605109,

Kalliyaperumal opening new shop drawing elecricty illegal.As there is a separate Unit for shop each and every place to draw elecricity and the shop.which is situated on the Pondy mailam main road is drawing elecricity for their shop from their home .As they don't have separate elecricity unit for their shop.The E.B officers who are responsible for this are getting bribes from them and are lenient with them.i kindly request u to take necessary action regarding this issure
kaliyamoorthy kumar

Jan 12, 2015

Not providing current for agriculture purpose

I belongs to a village named karukkai, which lies in panruti thalluku .On 31 Dec 2014, due to heavy rain the people from the electricity department came and cutted off the electrical connection which connects the transformer in the agricultural area. For allmost 13 days have been got over and many of the people from our village had requested the officals in electricity department to connect the electric cables .But they are not taking any action regarding that.Due to power loss the paddy field and groundnut field are getting wore condition.Therefore I kindly request the higher officals to take the respective action.
malsat

Jan 8, 2015

From, 08.01.2015
T.R.Rajendran, ASI, RPF, (Retd.,),
Flat No.1-B, Aarthi Vrindavan Apartments,
St.Antony Nagar, Annanur, Chennai – 600 109.
Mobile – 9940411024.
Respected Sir / Madam,
I am residing at the above address for the past 11 months. We used to pay our Electricity Bill through TNEB website. My son only pays it regularly. Only two readings are entered in our EB card for the past 11 months. We usually get Rs.700/- to Rs.900/- and 300 to 400 units before December 2014. But this December 2014 we had got 3140 units and Rs.17,710/- (Rupees Seventeen Thousand Seven Hundred and Ten) as the bill amount. This is a drastic increase in the consumed units & billing. So we had given a complaint to AE, Senthil Nagar. After checking this issue AE & Foreman informed us that the meter is running correctly. The reading in the EB card was also written correctly & they informed us the reading in the online TNEB website was updated wrongly for the past months. So that we got a high consumed units & billing for December 2014 adding all the previous months’ units.
Due to this mistake in online TNEB website, we had got a huge billing. If not, we would had got Rs.2000/- to Rs.2500/- as an average billing, please check our April 2014 billing. So, I request you to check this & please assign the billing for December 2014 at an average.

T.R.Rajendran

N.NO.91,O.NO.82 &N.NO.106,ON.62,&N.NO,108,O.NO.63.
ANNAI SANDIYA NAGAR, 2ND STREET, TONDIARPET,
CHENNAI-600 081
DEAR CHAIRMAN SIR
WE ARE LIVING 20 YEAR ANNAI SANDIYA NAGAR 2 ND STREET, TONDIARPET, TALK, WE ARE HAVING RESIDTIAL HOUSE COME THE AREA NOW ELETRICITY LINE THREE PASE LINE VERY OLD THE LOW VOLTAGE ISSUE MORE 2 YEAR WE COMPLAINED SEVERAL TIME RECENTLY LAST WEEK SEVERAL T.V BRIDGE,STABILLIZER BURNT, THIS LINE WAS MY FATHERS UNEDCTED THAT TIME THE DID NOT SAY ANY OBJECTION NOW ITS CREATE BIG PROBLEM TO BUILT A NEW HOUSE IN THAT PLACE CONSIDER AND CABLE LINE NOT FIXED IN THE STREET PLEACE TAKE NECESSARY ACTION IMMEDATLY, CAN YOU PLEACE HELP IN REGARD.
AlexJB

Jan 3, 2015

TNEB Employees Irresponsible Behaviour

Tamilnadu has been a state not able to meet the electricity demand and we are buying power from other states to meet the demand. We have been increasing the prices affecting the people at all levels. But, it is painful to see the street lights switched ON even after sunrise, some times till 10 am. Should we not penalise the employees who are not doing their jobs wasting our resources? If the employee is not performing the job, they should be asked to pay for the electricity charges, wasted due to his irresponsible behaviour.
Kumar Sangeetha

Dec 30, 2014

billing and energy meter

Sir.I am R.kumar.s.no.02583009397 I using service last 2 year l have so many time complaining to EB office my bill most of the time to much amount last time change my meter is old one change meter also charge me why he not install newmeter some body help me take action to normalize my EB Bill at the same time check my meter KW test of spoiled inform to change my meter thanks&regards
R.kumar
9500919017
kumar_raja12003@yahoo.co.in
Thangarathnam.R

Dec 19, 2014

Objection for erection of transformer near plot - Regarding.

From,
R.Thangarathnam, M.com, DCA,
ESSAR ILLAM,
No:80 Subramani Iyer Street,
Vasanthapuram,
Vellore-632001.
1. The Junior Engineer O&M, TANGEDCO/urban II, Kagithapattarai, Vellore.
2. Assistant Executive Engineer, O&M, TANGEDCO, Fort round road, Vellore.
3. Executive Engineer, O&M, TANGEDCO/town, Gandhi Nagar, Vellore.
4. Superintending Engineer, TANGEDCO, Kamarajar building, Gandhi Nagar, Vellore.

Subject: Objection for erection of transformer near plot - Regarding.

It has come to my knowledge that the Electricity Board is planning to erect a transformer close to my plot (Plot No.7, Survey No:2887/1A) in Kagithapattarai,Vellore. As I have to utilize the plot for building a house, I object to the erection of any electrical installation like transformer or electric pillar or electric line close to my plot mentioned above.

yours faithfully,
R.Thangarathinam.,
Cell:9488852635
dskumar87

Dec 15, 2014

Fraudulent EB Tapping by House owner

We are residing @ No : 108, 8th Cross Street(Behind NPR Mahal),Mahalakshmi Nagar,
Nandhivaram,Guduvancheri,Chennai 602203 with EB number 09568025372 . We live in a house were there are 7 houses in 3 different lfoors(3 in GroundFloor,3 in Firts Floor,1 in 2nd Floor . Owner is not living in that house he has rented all the houses , wherein out of 7 houses only 6 meters are available , and the extra 1 house power is somehow tapped to other 's Line('i.e., 1 or 2 meters of the other 6 houses in the building). We use only 1TV, 2 Fans, 2 Tube lights 1 Bulb and 0 watt bulb, very rarely we use Mixie we were paying only 100 to 150 rs previously., but forthe past 2 bills we are getting 550 and 520 respectively, they are clearly cheating us by giving fraudulent connection for which the house owner is also responsible when we complained the house owner he said we have to pay the bill , do what ever you can we will do like this only, looks like he has bribed the EB personnel, this we came to know from one of the guy working in that EB substation itself. We dont know how to proceed on this and whom to complaint , Please take necessary actions.

Sureshkumar D

ATM Enquiry office - Calls and asks ATM card details telling they are from ATM...
    There is a call from Telephone # +91 9631245365. They...
    43648 - Jeevan Anand
    Respected sir/madam, I had purchased my jeevan Anand...
    CBSE - Set 1 of question 10th CBSE Science Paper
    Sir, It is observed that Set 1 question paper's...
    ROCIO LONG BODY BIB COCK AND ANGLE COCK - ITEMS NOT DELIVERED AS PER ORDER
    AS PER MY ORDER NO.5132860820 -QTY 2 ROCIO LONG BODY BIB...
    KSRTC - WORST SERVICE OF GOVERNMENT EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE
    ITS BEEN MORE THAN 6 MONTHS NOT RECIVED MY MONEY BACK...
    Municipal Corporation Ludhiana - not well condition dog
    I live in b-ix-564, gul chaman gali,nr. Singla shawala...
    BPCL - NOT GETTING SUBSIDY
    i am a consumer of BPCL, wide LPG ID...