TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

kannan18

Jul 19, 2016

we want a transform

hi sir am kannan from Kothari pallathur(po) sivaganga (dist) karaikudi (taluk). my area people suffered from suddenly power cut and low voltage problem because trees are near the electric post and un sufficient power supply so please prove the new transform and also clear the trees of nearest electric post
mailzforkrishnan

Jul 18, 2016

TNEB

Sir, Myself Rajan Babu (AEE) staying in PLOT NO 39, Venkateswara Nagar Main Road, Thiru Nagar, Katpadi is facing power supply failure in my house. Service No. of my house is 213 002 1610. I hereby request you to kindly look on the matter immediately.
Niraimathividhyadharan

Jul 13, 2016

Always power cut for more than 3 hrs in night of single phase

Kovilambakkam sub station..
They always used to cut power in single phase every night, but other phases having power... Duration of power cut is more than 3 hrs...Pl do the needful...
Kaleel rahman

Jul 10, 2016

One line always fused

There's only one line fuse with low voltage always at least weekly once, exactly after11 pm, the children who ever want to go next day school they couldn't sleep and elder people as well, if we call our Thondi TNEB office no response, please they just solution for temporary, tell them what's actually problem this find that and fixed permanently, please Thanking you
kishore deva

Jul 4, 2016

frequent current shock

respected sir,,,, for past six months i used to get current shock through out my body while sleeping with out touching the current ;;;;in the begining my mom and my husband said it may be due to some health problem,,,, but later on i analyse that it was used by some tecnogical persons by misusing our current illegally,,,,this shock is very severe like a sharp rays which passes through my body like laser current shock by a single hole,, with black splitted spots,,,,, which leads to severe pain for ever,,cannot be expressed,,,,this shock sucks the inner tissues,,,inside the skin ,,,,,,,,,,,,for past four months i could not even hold half litre milk ,,,in my right hand due to this shock,,,,,even i could not,,do my house hold work,,,,,,,,,,,for more than five yrs,,, i am doing my house keeping work with out any servent,,,,,,i am residing in this same house for more than twenty four yrs....with my two childrens now they are 30 yr son and another one is 25 yrs and now my husband was an retired tnsc bank manager,,,,,,,and also for 24 yrs i have left two tenents with three eb cards seperately,,,,, ,,,,,,hence i request you to kindly look after this current supply immediately as quickly as possible,,,,with oblique,,,,,
krishnatamil

Jun 30, 2016

just for information

Is there any action taken by electricity commission for any of your complaints........
manambakki

seikalathur(post)
manamadurai(tk)
sivangai(dist)
my village manambakki
sir my house back side 3phase line pole buttam damaged 3phase any time dangeras line plese
immediatley change tha pole plese argent sir
S.Rajendran

Jun 26, 2016

அக்குபங்சர் மருத்துவம்

அன்புள்ள ஐயா,
நான் அக்குபங்சர் மருத்துவம் பயின்றுள்ளேன். தற்போது வீட்டீலேயே என் பகுதியில் வசிக்கும் நோயாளிகளுக்கு சிகிச்சை அளிக்கலாம் என உள்ளேன். இதற்காக வேண்டி நான் எனது வீட்டில் இதற்கென தனியாக கடைகளுக்கான மின்கட்டண அடிப்படையில் மின்இணைப்பு பெற வேண்டுமா? என அறிய விரும்புவதால், இதற்கான பதிலை விரைந்து தெரிவிக்குமாறு பணிவன்புடன் கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன்.
இப்படிக்கு,
எஸ்.ராஜேந்திரன்,
சரவணம் பட்டி.
94434 78850
jcanand

Jun 23, 2016

New connection under floriculture

I have applied for a floriclulture connection and was asked to pay Rs.1,10,648 on 19th May 2016, for the poles, conductors and other accessories. Today is the 20th of June 2016 and till date There is no responce from The TNEB as to when they nwill give me the connection. On enquire they state that I have to provide lorry and layour, or pay for the transport charges to bring the poles and other materials from which ever place they have to get the poles from.I am wondering for what I had to pay the amount of Rs.1,10,648 , and agail do allthe work. Instead The department could have told me to provide all the required material to theis specification and once the material reaches the site the could have come and connected the wires and given me connection.
Abraham Chellappa Dhas V

Jun 22, 2016

Supply failed in two phases

My consumer number is 071130140194. Power supply failed in two phases for the last two weeks
K.C.Mukund

commercial to domestic

My consumer no is 327-001-3529. Meter No is 02038985/20A. Capacity 2 kW. Tariff- VI. Kindly change it to domestic . K.C.MUKUND. PLOT 37, 5TH MAIN ROAD, NEW KUMARAN NAGAR EXTENSION, SHOLINGANALLUR, CHENNAI-600119. MOB NUMBER: 8754426397
K.C.Mukund

commercial to domestic

I had given application dated :25.4.2016 for changing my connection from commercial to domestic as my house is completed in all respect. After waiting for almost two months no instruction have been given to me yet. I have also submitted my three phase connection on 31.05.2016. No action taken so far. I. Am a senior citizen and cannot run around. Kindly advice me what to do.

K.C. Mukund,
Plot 37, New Kumaran Nagar. Extension,
5th. Main road, SHOLINGANALLUR, Chennai-600119. Mob: 8754426397.
cvraja123

Jun 19, 2016

Meter reading increased abnormally

I am residing at Prakrti Appts, E5, 367/368, 100 Feet By pass Road, Vijayanagar, Velachery, chennai - 42.

My EB CONS. NO.288.002.99 - consuming more. My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased double what i was paid earlier. We are not using day time and consuming very less due to using CFL lights in more rooms.

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter also adjust my extra amount paying to EB.

Regards.,
Raja.V
Ph.9841449933
R.vaidyanathan

Jun 12, 2016

Defective electricity meter Tangedco

I am R.Vaidyanathan, residing at Flat no. A2, 52/27,Rameswaram Road, T.Nagar, Chennai. On 5/5/2016, meter reading was done and consumption recorded as 150 units and billed Rs245/-.i have as a law-abiding citizen paid the bill in full and lodged a complaint.

From 10/2/2016, I left chennai for Bangalore, switching off the power Main and kept the flat under lock and key. During the entire billing period, my Flat was under lock and key and power Main switched off.
Obviously therefore, the meter is defective and needs immediate replacement. The only other possibility is wrong reading and recording.
Either way, it is nothing but excess billing. Several complaints I have made so far online to the authorities but they have not even been acknowledged.
My worry is, if the meter is not replaced immediately, it will continue to show consumption and I will be billed excess for a minimum period of six months until my return to my Flat at Chennai.
Can I be provided the phone no. Of the concerned customer service please?
ThangavelRajeswari

Jun 10, 2016

EB Charges Abnormal/Highly unusual

EB SC No. 273-105-1611. EB Charges suddenly increased abnormally without using any thing extra. I have doubt with EB Meter, might be running very fast. I went to EB office and met the AE and made a complaint. I asked him to arrange for either checking the meter or change the meter if it is not working properly. He did not take up my complaint and said simply wait till next bill comes.
My question is if there is a mistake in the meter, whether my excess charges paid this month will get adjusted in the next month bill. If it is not possible, why this complaint is not taken seriously.

If unnecessarily money is charged and paid extra due to improper functioning of meter, who will pay me back the excess paid money. If EB charge is not paid on due date even due to genuine reason, the very next day the EB office will cut the power connection. When they are active in cutting the power for non payment of charges even by one day late, why not they are active in redressing the grievance of the customers as and when they approach them with complaints. Money is money for everyone. If the same happens to them, will they keep quite?

Therefore please look into issue and solve the problem at the earliest.
ThangavelRajeswari

Jun 10, 2016

EB Charges Abnormal/Highly unusual

EB SC No. 273-105-1611. EB Charges suddenly increased abnormally without using any thing extra. I have doubt with EB Meter, might be running very fast. I went to EB office and met the AE and made a complaint. I asked him to arrange for either checking the meter or change the meter it is not working properly. He did not take up my complaint and said simply wait till next bill comes.

If unnecessarily money is charged and paid extra due to improper functioning of meter, who will pay me back the excess paid money. If EB charge is not paid on due date even due to genuine reason, the very next day the EB office will cut the power connection. When they are active in cutting the power for non payment of charges even by one day late, why not they are active in redressing the grievance of the customers as and why they approach them with complaints. Money is money for everyone. If the same happens to them, will they keep quite?

Therefore please look into issue and solve the problem at the earliest.
anitha kishan

Jun 9, 2016

EB current line lying low in the road

Respected Sir / Madam,

My residence is in Kazhipattur Link Road, Kazhipattur , Kanchipuram - 603103 (near gateway international school).
Here near Ocean breeze apartment, the EB Current line is lying(crossing) very low in the road. As there is school nearby, many school vans, school bus run in this road. This is very danger and it could touch the crossing vehicles.
Kindly take action immediately to save many lives.

Thank You in advance.

Anitha R
Nousath

Jun 7, 2016

Heavy powercut in night hours

Respected officers of TNEB
Sir my area is located in kancheepuram district kundrathur taluk Naduveerapattu ,there more than 25,000 peoples are living while in night hours heavy shutdown due to that lots of people's suffering, somangalam EB personals are not picking the call too.so kindly take immediate action as early as possible.

By
Naduveerapattu village peoples...
kumar26011969

Jun 5, 2016

power cut

பட்டாபிராம், கோபாலபுரம் பகுதியில் அடிக்கடி முன் அறிவிப்பு இல்லாமல் மின் தடை ஏற்படுகிறது. பொது மக்கள் பெரும் அவதிக்குள்ளாகினர். தயவு செய்து பிரசுரிக்கவும். தொலைகாட்ச்சியில் ஒளிபரப்பு செய்யவும். மிக்க நன்றி
ssaurabh@hotmail.com

Jun 4, 2016

Subject :Metre burned or damaged - Service No : 09261030778 and Complain id : 22417605062016
Address : Flat : S2, Block -2, JKB 7 Heaven Apartments, First Main Street, Ramakrishna Nagar, Kolapakkam, Chennai - 600128

I am residing at this address (mentioned above). Today on 05.Jun.2016 at about 01.00 AM early morning my house EB metre was burned/damaged due to unknown reasons, on seeing this I went to open the door and shut-down the power supply. My EB metre No. 09261030778, kindly arrange a new metre or replace the same for my favour immediately. staying without power is too difficult in Chennai, We have consulted with our society Electrician as well and he confirmed that this meter is faulty and damaged and EB department only can help in this regards.

My Mobile no. +91-9962096565 (Saurabh)
chs70

Jun 2, 2016

consumption related to meter load capacity

I have left an office space at adyar for which one meter was used to register the readings.Is the consumption is subject to the load
carrying capacity of the meter or it is only on the basis of the tariff rates. I am raising the issue since the MES office states it is based on the capacity and if it exceeds they will charge double the rates,how this rule is applicable.Please clarify.
sundaram c h.
mobile:9962074564/9600468412
A. JAYANTHIRI

May 31, 2016

Metre Reading not taken

I am residing at No.9, Nehru colony Kamaraj Nagar Avadi, Chennai -71
My EB Service Connection No. 049-113-669 and 049-113-668.

On 15.03.2016 when the lady who takes the metre reading in our street was banging continuously our metal gate. So I opened the gate and told her not to bang the gate because a calling bell is provided at the gate and press the calling bell to call us.She started arguing
and told " hereafter I will not knock or press calling bell,but you have to keep open your door when I come for metre reading. Or I will not take the reading but mark as Door locked". This happened in front of my neighbours and they will witness this.
The same way as she challenged she has not come to my house when she has taken the reading at my neighbours' houses on 17.05.2016 when our full family were at home due to rain. She also quarrelled with others that she can't wait to open the door.

If she is not willing to do her duty of metre reader let her resign and go for other jobs. She is paid to do the duty of the metre reader but she has found a short cut to avoid that by noting "Door Locked" and putting the previous month reading. More over she has challenged that "I will not take metre reading and do complaint where ever you want". This type of attitude will spoil the image of TNEB in the public. Hence I request you to take necessary action in this immediately. If you want to enquire you are welcome to come and enquire the whole street. Kindly inform me the action taken to my email id 1952asir @gmail.com or to my phone No. 9444003952.
jeyakumarplasticmadurai@gmail.com

May 28, 2016

Not register of meter board shifting

Sir, My EB service connection Number 05 -064- 005- 492 meter board shifting application already I gave on 4.4.2016 in hand of AE Avaniyapuram office.still now no action to my application. Daily daily I went to informed to EB Avaniyapuram. Iam mentally disturbed and economically loss. Any amount specially expection of this application.
mv sureshanand

May 27, 2016

Meter running fast

my service no 09161005361 last time my use 345 unit bill off 1270 this time also same usage done but the unit was increased to 2190 unit amount of 13284 how its possible in same usage i have doubt in meter and some other else kindly clarify and do the need full for me as soon as possible..
Pritham KC

May 26, 2016

Power faces

We at 150 Kuthubi Complex, 2nd Avenue, 5th Cross, Vettuvankeni, ECR, Chennai, 600115 originally had three faces. Two have been cut without our knowledge and the wires have been hanging to the ground. We are home bound artists whose career depends on our sensitive gadgets and we own other sundry house equipments which have all been running on a single face and frequently subjected to low voltage.

Will you kindly fix our trouble.

Disc Asset Lead India ltd - Money fraudulent
    DAL is a private company which accept money from the...
    Chief Minster Uttar Pradesh - Lohia Awas given to Rich People in my Village
    Hi Sir, Its regarding your system they have taken money...
    denzong hyundai - water leakage from body joints
    my i20 elite is suffering from water leakage from the body...
    ACT BROADBAND - After referral I did not even get a call from your side.
    After referral I did not even get a call from your side.
    Samsung Grand Prime mobile phone - Lost phone
    Samsung Grand Prime phone was lost near Pushpanjali Petrol...
    Ferns N Petals - Order not delivered
    DO NOT ORDER FROM FERNS AND PETALS. I GOT...
    IDFC Infrastructure Bonds - PRAYER FOR ORIGINAL BOND
    SIR, I HAD APPLIED FOR 4 IDFC INFRASTRUCTURE BOND TRANCH-2...
    Ferns N Petals - Order not delivered
    DO NOT ORDER FROM FERNS AND PETALS. I GOT...
    64gb samsung memory card - faulty
    I had ordered 64gb memory card from book my offer.com..its...
    QNET - QNET FRAUD PEOPLE
    QNET FRAUD PEOPLE@PUNE Hi All, Request you guys if...