Consumer complaints and reviews about TNEB ( TAMILNADU ELECTRICITY BOARD)

Oct 18, 2016

Power cut in the full night time

I a customer in Bhavanisagar Erode district village Thoddampalayam, They always used to cut power in every night, but other phases having power... Duration of power cut is more than 12 hrs... This create problem of theft , with out sleep full night. Pl do the needful...The Transform located in Thoddampalayam village, Bhavanisagar , Erode district
Oct 11, 2016

no power in vaniyambadi for the past more than 1 hour

No power in vaniyambadi (fort) area for the past 1 hour. I have been tried calling to EB office but its been busy from a longer time. We are in need of power supply very badly. Its really very dissapointment for us that there is no proper response from them. Kind help me out as soon as possible.

Oct 7, 2016

not credited bill amount in TNEB

I paid bill today through online. Bill amount was debited from my account but not credited in TNEB. Please solve the problem.

Consumer no - 042240052588

not getting bill

I paid bill through online today. Bill amount was debited from my A/C but not credited in TNEB . So I could not able to get the bill . Please check my consumer no and solve the problem.

My consumer no - 042240052588
Bill Amt - Rs.1078

Meter reading increased abnormally

I am residing at Seeorani, Devakottai Near to Lotus Nagar in sivagangai Dt.

My EB units are consuming more. My meter reading increased abnormally and my bill amount increased tripled what i was paid earlier. We are not using much units and consuming very less due to we not using more rooms.

Kindly look into this matter urgently and change meter also adjust my extra amount paying to EB.

devasahayam m
Oct 3, 2016

Not attending after complaint9445850974

Electricity Fluctuation occurs Very LOW to very HIGH for the past 10 days
Sep 19, 2016

Power fluctuation

Dear Sir/Madam

We, the residents of Dreams Apartment, 17th cross street,Telephone nagar,Perungudi, chennai , are writing you to bring your kind attention to the serious electricity problems in our area.

The problem we are the victims of, is explained below in short.
1. Extreme low voltage.
2. Too much voltage fluctuations every day & night, which may damage our costly electrical instruments.
3. In the nighttime, problem is even worst, there is often no power or too low voltage to operate fan, TV or some-times even CFL bulbs.

Sep 19, 2016

Excess Charges

I am staying in Sholinganallur area (Ponniamman Koil, Next to Infosys office). My house owner is collecting more amount for electricity charges. He is collecting Rs.7 per unit. I inquired the neighborhood house owners also. All are asking for the same amount only by saying that is the actual government rate in that area. But when I asked them the connection service number so that I can pay myself online, they are refusing to provide the details. I suspect they are illegally collecting the amount. Kindly take some necessary actions against this.
Sep 4, 2016

change to electric pole in other place

Hi sir,
My home nearly in one electric pole that pole is denager to human and animals also. I think is develop in my home and extend in that pole place . so I need to change the pole in other place . but I am already applied for cm cell but not change in other place .so how to change and next what is the next move to change the pole plz tell me sir need some information
Sadanand Parammal
Aug 24, 2016

I am Sadanand, 25 Gandhi Road, Choolaimedu, Chennai-94. I am a member of Citizen Reporter of Times of India. Since the past one year your contractor had stacked the Cement bloc for laying TNEB cable in front of my house and although I had made a written and verbal complaint to the Asst. Engineer, Kodambakkam NO ACTION SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN TILL THIS DATE TO REMOVE THSES CEMENT BLOCS. As this foot path is used by school going children they are forced to walk of the road which results so many accidents.
I would therefore request to make immediate arrangement to remove thse blocs from the footpath without any further loss of time.In case if there is any further delay I will have to put it to the Media. Your acknowledgement in this regard is solicited.

Sadanand- Chennai 600094. Phone 9841233262. Date 25.8.2016
Aug 11, 2016

Everyday night powercut

Balakrishnan street,near gangai amman koil street, jafferkhanpet,
every day night, power cut for single phase for more than 3 -4 hours, we complaint to EB by phone call. But no proper response from them. they scolded with bad words to us.. Please take actions on them.
Aug 2, 2016

TNEB units consumption is not updating in online

Hi Sir,

This is Arunbabu, my consumer number - 095680164081 , I see the units consumed on monthly basis are not updating in online TNEB website, when ever i raised a complaint on TNEB, i see wrong units are getting updated for name sake...

For Example :In the month of May units consmed around 900+, up on complaint raised in online (TNEB) i see the consumed units updated as just 30.

kindly check and assist on this issue.

Many Thanks
Jul 30, 2016

Very bad fluctuation in power

This is a mail from 2, Rajagopalan street, Thiruvanmyur .
We are facing wild fluctuation in power every day. This wild fluctuation is causing many of the electrical equipments like the refrigerator, A/C , water heater etc., to burn out. Apart from causing mental agony, this fluctuation is also causing huge loss to us by way of repairs or replacement that we are forced to do regularly to our various electric and electronic equipment at home. Would appreciate corrective action on this.
Jul 19, 2016

we want a transform

hi sir am kannan from Kothari pallathur(po) sivaganga (dist) karaikudi (taluk). my area people suffered from suddenly power cut and low voltage problem because trees are near the electric post and un sufficient power supply so please prove the new transform and also clear the trees of nearest electric post
Jul 18, 2016

Sir, Myself Rajan Babu (AEE) staying in PLOT NO 39, Venkateswara Nagar Main Road, Thiru Nagar, Katpadi is facing power supply failure in my house. Service No. of my house is 213 002 1610. I hereby request you to kindly look on the matter immediately.
Jul 13, 2016

Always power cut for more than 3 hrs in night of single phase

Kovilambakkam sub station..
They always used to cut power in single phase every night, but other phases having power... Duration of power cut is more than 3 hrs...Pl do the needful...
Kaleel rahman
Jul 10, 2016

One line always fused

There's only one line fuse with low voltage always at least weekly once, exactly after11 pm, the children who ever want to go next day school they couldn't sleep and elder people as well, if we call our Thondi TNEB office no response, please they just solution for temporary, tell them what's actually problem this find that and fixed permanently, please Thanking you
kishore deva
Jul 4, 2016

frequent current shock

respected sir,,,, for past six months i used to get current shock through out my body while sleeping with out touching the current ;;;;in the begining my mom and my husband said it may be due to some health problem,,,, but later on i analyse that it was used by some tecnogical persons by misusing our current illegally,,,,this shock is very severe like a sharp rays which passes through my body like laser current shock by a single hole,, with black splitted spots,,,,, which leads to severe pain for ever,,cannot be expressed,,,,this shock sucks the inner tissues,,,inside the skin ,,,,,,,,,,,,for past four months i could not even hold half litre milk ,,,in my right hand due to this shock,,,,,even i could not,,do my house hold work,,,,,,,,,,,for more than five yrs,,, i am doing my house keeping work with out any servent,,,,,,i am residing in this same house for more than twenty four yrs....with my two childrens now they are 30 yr son and another one is 25 yrs and now my husband was an retired tnsc bank manager,,,,,,,and also for 24 yrs i have left two tenents with three eb cards seperately,,,,, ,,,,,,hence i request you to kindly look after this current supply immediately as quickly as possible,,,,with oblique,,,,,
Jun 30, 2016

just for information

Is there any action taken by electricity commission for any of your complaints........
Jun 29, 2016

3phase pole bottam damaged

s/o m.sannasi
my village manambakki
sir my house back side 3phase line pole buttam damaged 3phase any time dangeras line plese
immediatley change tha pole plese argent sir
Jun 26, 2016

அக்குபங்சர் மருத்துவம்

அன்புள்ள ஐயா,
நான் அக்குபங்சர் மருத்துவம் பயின்றுள்ளேன். தற்போது வீட்டீலேயே என் பகுதியில் வசிக்கும் நோயாளிகளுக்கு சிகிச்சை அளிக்கலாம் என உள்ளேன். இதற்காக வேண்டி நான் எனது வீட்டில் இதற்கென தனியாக கடைகளுக்கான மின்கட்டண அடிப்படையில் மின்இணைப்பு பெற வேண்டுமா? என அறிய விரும்புவதால், இதற்கான பதிலை விரைந்து தெரிவிக்குமாறு பணிவன்புடன் கேட்டுக் கொள்கிறேன்.
சரவணம் பட்டி.
94434 78850
Jun 23, 2016

New connection under floriculture

I have applied for a floriclulture connection and was asked to pay Rs.1,10,648 on 19th May 2016, for the poles, conductors and other accessories. Today is the 20th of June 2016 and till date There is no responce from The TNEB as to when they nwill give me the connection. On enquire they state that I have to provide lorry and layour, or pay for the transport charges to bring the poles and other materials from which ever place they have to get the poles from.I am wondering for what I had to pay the amount of Rs.1,10,648 , and agail do allthe work. Instead The department could have told me to provide all the required material to theis specification and once the material reaches the site the could have come and connected the wires and given me connection.
Abraham Chellappa Dhas V
Jun 22, 2016

Supply failed in two phases

My consumer number is 071130140194. Power supply failed in two phases for the last two weeks

commercial to domestic

My consumer no is 327-001-3529. Meter No is 02038985/20A. Capacity 2 kW. Tariff- VI. Kindly change it to domestic . K.C.MUKUND. PLOT 37, 5TH MAIN ROAD, NEW KUMARAN NAGAR EXTENSION, SHOLINGANALLUR, CHENNAI-600119. MOB NUMBER: 8754426397

commercial to domestic

I had given application dated :25.4.2016 for changing my connection from commercial to domestic as my house is completed in all respect. After waiting for almost two months no instruction have been given to me yet. I have also submitted my three phase connection on 31.05.2016. No action taken so far. I. Am a senior citizen and cannot run around. Kindly advice me what to do.

K.C. Mukund,
Plot 37, New Kumaran Nagar. Extension,
5th. Main road, SHOLINGANALLUR, Chennai-600119. Mob: 8754426397.

Edigital india - Regarding not receiving of my mobile
    I haven't received my mobile yet. Details of my order...
    PayTM.com - ssssss
    - 9031902013 Customer Care And Support- -...
    paytm - llllliiii
    - 9031902013 Customer Care And Support- -...
    paytm - Customer Service And Support-
    - 900 632 177 1 Only -Missed -Call -Back In 72 Hr...
    Airtel - network
    Very poor network please check in your network I'm...