Vodafone

Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone

Not_Happy

Jan 1, 2013

My 1,500Rs advance stolen by Vodafone

Vodafone took a 1,500Rs advance from me and did not apply it to my bill.

The 1,500Rs advance was for new data plan I took in October.
It was supposed to cover the first 3 months of Nov, Dec and Jan.
I have a receipt for it.

In the Nov bill, I was charged the full 650Rs rental for data.
The advance was not applied.

I tried to resolve this at the Vodafone store (Thakur Village) on Dec 10th with my receipt.
Store manager Abhishek Arulkar was not very co-operative.
He told me that the rep that gave me this plan (Ankur) was asked to resign for offering invalid plans.
Told me that my data plan was not valid.
He did not apoligize/compensate or offer a refund.

After arguing with Abhishek, he told me he would give me a credit of 1,500Rs.
He put in a store request and gave me the request number.
Said credit would not apply to first bill.
So I had to pay the Nov bill in full, even though I paid an advance for it.

Dec bill came around and promised credit was not applied again.
I called Vodafone Care on Dec 28th to resolve this and spoke with supervisor Arif Sayyed.
Arif told me that the Vodafone store did nothing about my earlier store request of Dec 10th.

So I put in another request on Dec 28th via email to Vodafone Care with scanned copy of the receipt.
But nothing's been resolved yet.
I've added Appelate Authority and Nodal Officer in the email thread.
Ravindra J

Dec 14, 2012

Careless Handling of Documnets

My name is Ravindra R Jadhav.I have port my No 9594222258 to Vodafone Postpaid connection and also took a new postpaid connection no 9819268012. on 10th Dec.2012 my Donner Idea had closed the services,i inserted new SIM of vodafone and place call to 117 they said that they don't have any details and refuse to verify. after two days ie. 12 Dec.2012 4:30 PM i visited Sion-Vodafone store from where i got new SIM submitted my all document (Driving Lic,RC Book,Adhar Card) Vodafone CR called on 117 and replied that they have forwarded all doc's and assured that after 2hr my No.will be activate but this was not happened.next day i logged complaint on 13 Dec.2012 198 after that i received two/three call from vodafone and suggested to visit store again. I escalate the same to vodafonecare.mum@vodafone.com and on 14th Dec. 2012 11:15 i again got call from Vodafone and i have been told that i dont have to Visit Store and my case will be handle on Priority but 14th Dec.2012 6:50 PM nothing is changed.i am sorry to say but i feel very sad about Vodafone service and i made mistake by porting to Vodafone.

Is there any one can tell me where is my "submitted documents" ? and what do i do ?

regards,

Sion Mumbai
9819268012

Dec 13, 2012

Pathetic Customer Service

I have the same problem and I dont buy your solution because this problem has just started recently (2-3 months back) and I have had whatsapp and vodafone connection since more than a year. SO can someone explain how my settings would change suddenly?
Also, the customer care services are absolutely pathetic and of no help. Its sad that Vodafone has absolute disregard for customer satisfaction. Pathetic is the word.

Dec 8, 2012

POSTPAID SIMCARD

Since i may have to leave my state for 3 months. I want to change my post paid number 7830222792 into prepaid. But the unclear and doubtful attitude of customer care at Vodafone Store make me feel harassed. And i still feel that the process of converting my connection from post paid to prepaid will not be done by them although i submitted all necessary documents and form.

kindly send my post paid to prepaid request status on my mail. My email address and contact details are given below.

Mob: 7830222792
email: sumeet23bhandari@gmail.com
name: sumeet bhandari

Dec 6, 2012

Hello Sharda,

Thank you for speaking with us. Hope we were able to address your concern.

Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai.
User871961

Dec 5, 2012

Mobile Number Portting

I am MNP Idea to vodafone 9820000847 submit form 07-11-2012.
but not active our vodafone sim. i am visiting 4-5 times Vodafone Service Center always given
reply doing processing active your sim card 24-48 hrs .
i not Know what problem mnp very-very delay.
i am again visiting 28-11-2012 vodafone service center return send message for upc & given new vodafone sim card.
but not active 05-12-2012 new sim card same message registery fail
please as soon as possible reply
Sharda Yadav

Nov 30, 2012

Post Paid Bill

Hello Bhanu,

We are working on your concern and will get back to you with an update in 48 working hours.

Nov 29, 2012

Post Paid Bill

I am using vodafone post paid corporate connection for the number 8879233792. I have been usisng this number from 4-5 months with internet service 2GB active on my number.

From last 4 months I have a normal bill payment arround Rs 400, this month suddenly this bill has been shot up to Rs.6600. I have mailed corporate.vodafone and visited Vodafone Gallary everyone has responded me saying the usagae are correct and they chargerd correctly.

My credit limit was set to Rs 3300 even after that I the bill reached to Rs 6600. I am completely sure that I havent used more than 2GB of internet service.

And one simple question a person is who has CUG plan of Rs.125 and Rs 99 for 2 GB internet for him Vodafone has charged Rs. 6600.I really dont have any clue how they can give so much of credit limit.

I hereby request you please take this complaint and let me know how can I proceed with this.

Bhanu...

Nov 28, 2012

Hello Sharda,

Please share your current and alternate contacts number with us here http://bit.ly/YpuKLC and we will have someone get back to you asap with assistance.

Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai
User871961

Nov 27, 2012

Mobile Number Portting

I am MNP Idea to vodafone 9820000847 submit form 07-11-2012.
reply doing processing active your sim card 24-48 hrs .
i not Know what problem mnp very-very delay.
please as soon as possible reply
Sharda Yadav

Nov 17, 2012

damage of secret PIN Code

my vodafone card secret pin code is damaged. the serial no. is 260612556689.plzz help me find the pin code of the card

Nov 14, 2012

Fraus calls from +44

Hello Mr.Roy,

We request you to ignore such calls. Please refer to http://www.vodafone.in/pages/warning_fraudulent.aspx?cid=mum for details.

Nov 13, 2012

Fraus calls from +44

Dear all,

I received mysterious call from +447937947192. which went blank when I answered the call.Knowing the increasing number of such fraud calls, I did not call back the number.

What surprises me is that the same number called both my prepaid Vodafone mobile numbers in a span of few seconds!

Are we exposed in terms of our mobile numbers to such fraud agencies? Who provides such information to them?

Regards - Roy

Nov 9, 2012

customer care service

My number is 9823060004, my last bill( Due date 13 oct 12) was 2328/- I have dropped the cheque of Rs. 2328/- at Vodafone store, paud rd., Kothrud, Pune dated 12 oct. 12. On 13 oct.12 I have received the sms that amt.of Rs.1000/- is due so I have dropped the cheque of Rs 1000/- at same Vodafone store. But when I gone through my bank statement, which shows that both cheque of amt Rs.2328/- and Rs1000/- being cleared from my account. I submitted the bank statement at above mentioned vodafone store dt. 25 oct.12 and had discussions with Mrs. Seema Pustake of paud rd. pune Vodafone store owner. I have called your customer care numbers 10 times and visited above mentioned store dated 25 oct., 28oct., 2 nov., 9th nov12. But no positive feedback or action from your end ..Do the needful...

Nov 3, 2012

isd missed call

Hello Prathmesh,

Please note that these calls are not authorized by us and we are investigating the same. You are kindly advised to ignore these calls. Please refer to http://www.vodafone.in/pages/warning_fraudulent.aspx?cid=mum for further details.

Nov 3, 2012

isd missed call

Alert !! got missed call numbers starting with 2522 series ..... continuously 4-5 times at regular intervals. Shockingly RS 50 gets deducted each time you try to call ( which gets disconnected) for less than 5 seconds. The Vodafone customer care does not know any details .....

Oct 31, 2012

dear Mr.Sridharan,

did any of dose popl call u back and refunded d said money...? dey may next say " v tried 2 call u but u wer nt reachabl and ask u provide altrenat no." and it wil go like dis on and on and on never ending...

being in such a hi position in offis must be knowledgeable abt laws. with all mail redords in hand y dont u consider going 2 magistrate court and file FIR u/s IPC 420 along with consumer court fr 25oooRs. compensation and civil court under torts law fr 1 cr Rs. demage...

Note: RECORD ALL CALLS AMDE 2 C.CARE EITHER FROM CELL OR RECORDER...

Oct 31, 2012

Hello Sridharan,

Please know that, our team is looking into your concern. We will get back to you with further assistance in 48 working hours.

Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai

Oct 30, 2012

Hello Sridharan,

Thank you for writing to us. We truly regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your current and alternate contact numbers here http://bit.ly/TSy0xQ so that we can address your concern at the earliest.

Oct 30, 2012

Wrong billing, Canceled SIM card money not refunded

Here are some emails I sent to Vodafone regarding my problems. Till date no positive action has been taken despite my numerous complaints.

I have recently retired as General Manager , State Bank of India, Zonal Inspection Office, Kolkata . I am using a vodafone mobile connection obtained under SBI corporate plan from Kolkata circle : 09831099260( Blackberry) . The no. is due to be cancelled effective 30 Sep 2012 . As I have settled in Mumbai , I decided to take a vodafone mobile SIM from mumbai circle. When I called your toll free 198 , they put me on to your direct sales team. Your representative Javed Khan gave me a Blackberry post-paid plan for monthly rental of Rs 399/- : 800 mts local call+ 100 mts STD+ 100 mts sms+ 1 GB internet . He sent an agent on 27 sep to collect application , PP, ID and address proof and Rs 300/- vide receipt 4938 dt 27 Sep 2012 . The agent gave a pamphlet that however did not confirm the plan details and a SIM ( bearing no. 8991200015487470534 HLR 6) which Javed Khan confirmed will be activated by Friday night ; he also confirmed the SIM mob no. as 9167386260 as written on the SIM envelope available with me.

Today in the morning when I tried to contact Javed Khan to confirm activation of the no. that I have sms-ed all my contacts as my new no. effective 1 Oct, some other representative took the call . He took down my new no. and said it has already been activated in somebody else's name and that my SIM would be activated for another no. 9167388260. I was terribly upset and wanted to speak to the floor manager to attend to my complaint urgently ; but the line was abruptly cut off. I again contacted 198 and explained in detail the difficulty to a floor manager. She said the other no SKS said would given me was a prepaid no and asked me to contact the nearest Vodafone stores to redress the complaint .

In sheer frustration I approached your Chembur stores today . Mr Zabar , the store manager was quite helpful. He took a fresh application from me and offered to give me a new no. that would be activated within 6 hrs. But he said he wasn't authorised to give me the plan that your DST gave ; nor could he help me with the application form I had given to SKS's agent with Rs 300/. Instead he offered the new no . 9167588260 free of charge under a plan for Rs 350/- : 200 mts local calls+ 100 mts STD calls+ 500 local sms+ 250 national sms. He took a scan copy of the receipt for Rs 300/- that SKS gave me and promised that within a couple of days the amount would be refunded with apologies.

The whole experience has left me totally upset. If it
were not for the fact that I had already informed all my contacts about the new vodafone no. I would be available on and my fruitful visit to your chembur store , I had a good mind to shift over to some other mobile server. I wonder why your co. is allowing such insolent , incompetent and inconsiderate franchisees to operate and loot innocent public like me causing untold inconvenience. The least that could have been done in my case is pull up the representative who made the sale and offer me the same plan he collected money from me for. What is worse, when I wanted to complain to some senior official , nobody in your toll free call center or store was forthcoming ; even a senior person like me is not being attended to properly at your toll free no. I think this should be a wake up call for you .

If I do not get immediate response I propose to escalate this complaint as it is to State bank of India with whom you have a Corporate arrangement all over the country ; let them know what a shabby treatment is being meted out to your customers.

email 2:

Dear Mr Zabar ,

I am resending my complaint as sent on 29 sep to vodafone. So far nobody has contacted or even acknowledged my complaint.You had however said that within 3 days the co rep will call on me and refund the amount collected by SKS , the direct sales agency and collect the sim card. I would like to escalate the complaint. Pl help me .

regards.

S Sridharan

email 3:

I have not received even an acknowledgement of my complaint. Mr Zabar told me on 28 Sep that within 3 days , Vodafone will arrange to refund the application fee collected by the Direct Sales Agency and collect the defunct sim card. Pl expedite.

email 4:

Ms. Vaz

I am sending this email along with trail in utter frustration. You would see from the email trail the difficulty I had to face on account of your direct sales force- Systematic Knowledge Services p Ltd. Now my complaint again is not acknowledged ; no docket no. given; not attended to ; and finally I have neither received refund of the amount paid to the SKS representative . It's not possible to complain to anyone in your co because nobody gives mob no.s of senior officers. As a recently retired GM of SBI, I must relate my bad experience to SBI( you have a corporate plan with SBI all over the country) so they will know the quality of service your co offers and the response to our complaints.

email 5:

A week ago, some one rang me up to say that the refund cheque would reach me within 48 hrs and that I could destroy the sim card your associate co., the direct sales unit SKS had foisted on me. When I asked if an explanation would be given for the mess and unnecessary , avoidable and misleading sale deal the SKS made with she replied that nothing of the sort could be furnished. Again, when I asked if the plan promised by the SKS representative for which he had collected the amount now being refunded I presume , could be extended to me under the new number , again she replied in the negative. In sum, the response to my complaint so far has been:

1. No refund even after 15 days
2. No compensation or apology or explanation for misselling by associates
3. No interest in fulfilling promised offers.
4. No proper grievance redressal at senior level
5. No transparency in offers

I am totally dissatisfied with your service and complaint addressing mechanism. If the parent co won't take responsibilty for the activities of the associates/ direct sales teams , how can the customers be protected?

Anyone reading this, please do not go in for a Vodafone connection EVER. They will cause you immense dissatisfaction at opportune moments. It is not worth it. Their "Happy to help" motto is just namesake, fraud. They are definitely not "Happy to help".

Name: S.Sridharan
Email: sridharan2709@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2012

Hello KMonu,

Kindly provide your contact number at http://bit.ly/P4E8QO and we will have someone get back to you in a short while with further assistance.

Oct 24, 2012

wrong billing with huge amount

Nothing new. They disconnect and ask money in to reconnect. On analyzing your case you can file the following cases...
a. FIR in police under sections IPC 408, 415 and 420.on Nodal, and under IPC 499 and 500 on customer care store employees.
b. Consumer-court claiming faulty service as not deactivating services as instructed causing wrong billing and mind tension.
c. Approach civil court and file case under ToRts law claiming compensation of 1 cr Rs.

Oct 24, 2012

wrong billing with huge amount

vodafone postpaid services are the worst i hv ever had..wrong bill with wrong details in my postpaid bill and no response to any of my complains mailed to the company and their customer care officers..several visits by me to their customer care stores and i received only no response with the bad behaviour of the employees towards their customers like me..they have charged 6000rupees extra as my ISD calling bill and with the wrong details with the same of my local and STD calling details..i am wondered how can i talk at the same time on a local and as well as on an ISD call as VODAFONE details are shown in my post paid bill..and after a month of my complains they have not replied a word and disconnect my number..is this justice to a customer ????

Oct 16, 2012

improper deduction of balance

Hello Priyanka,

Please note that we could not reach you on your number. Kindly share an alternate number here http://tinyurl.com/79emtab so that we can get back to you with assistance.

Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai.

SBI PO EXAM 2013 APPLICATION - My registration cancelled
    Hi, I am a Visually handicapped person. Seeing the SBI...
    Jaipur Bus Low Floor Service - Untardy roads
    I used to commute on foot from Narain Singh Circle to...
    AADHAR EID CARD - how to enroll my EID
    sir/madam , i got a sms from DM-AADHAR .SMS IS DEAR...
    Broadband + WLL - Providing Broadband + WLL connection
    Sir, I stay at Vyara, Gujarat. I have a BSNL landline...
    ebs charge.com sbi pgindia - miss using debit card by unknown person
    dear sir, my name is mohd.saif .i get you to...
    Dish TV - DTH - Dish TV_CST
    Dear Zaheer Ahmad, We hope your issue has been...
    174392 - पट्टी तोड़ने के बावत
    महाशय,मेरी दूकान...
    Trident ET Group of Institiusion Dehli Rood NH58 Ghaziabad - Scholarship of B.tech
    Dear Sir/Mam Mera app Se nivedan es Prakar h Mai B.tech...
    EBS PAYMENT GETWAY - miss using debit card by unknown person
    dear sir, my name is mohd.saif .i get you to...
    UP Electricity Board - Loose Wire, Break Pole,Transformer not working last One...
    Dear Sir/Madam, i am from one of the village Meerapur...