ACT BROADBAND

Consumer complaints and reviews about ACT BROADBAND

ragbhat

Apr 11, 2014

Act broadband

I had been installed ACT broadband 15 days back. But till date Iam not able to use this. . Ticker number Ticket################# which is registered in their system. Their objective seems to be to activate connection and disappear. I had clearly written in the installation report on the issue , but the company is indifferent. Absolutely no ownership. One good thing I did is, I did not fall pray to to thier advance payment plans. I just paid for one month and installation charges of Rs. 400. I think this will go down the drain.
Veena Vijay

Apr 10, 2014

Pathetic internet

Forgot to also mention that there customer people dont have a solution for any complaints or queries which we have. They have a standard answer im sorry for the inconvenience but tat doesnt workout guys. My second complaint is been registered today and let me see within how many days it will be rectified. I have lost the hope and im sure it will take another 4 or 5 more days and that to I should keep calling them daily and remind them that my internet is not working.
Its embracing that a company like this have such bad service.
LETS SEE WHEN MY ISSUE WILL BE ADDRESSED AND WITHIN HOW MANY DAYS...............
Veena Vijay

Apr 10, 2014

Pathetic internet connection

Act broadband as pathetic internet connection initial when I got connection for the first time I registered for 6 months hearing to the good feedback given by lot of people and actually there Internet speed was good I was quite happy I thought its worth paying some INR 6000++, but i am completely wrong after completion of 6 months again I renewed for another 6 months it was ok fr the 1st month and from there after internet speed was completely slow and they say its high speed internet of 15mbps its completely fake. Now its been 4 months after I subscribed for the second time its so irritating I regret for taking there connection. I think 2 weeks navk internet completely stopped working and when I called and registered a compliant they said it will be rectified but it was not I had to constantly call them for 4 days and they had a standard answer saying its not working through out I trusted them but when I happened to check with my neighbour there response was its working fine for them. Its so annoying that act customer care people are fooling the consumer. Finally when I got so irritated and called them they said there technical support will cal n help me somehow they called and it was resolved in 5DAYS.
Now again within 10 days its the same problem internet is not working. I have no idea how irritated im now.
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ACT BROADBAND TO ANYONE AND IM THINKING SHOULD I CONNECT WITH THERE SERVICE FOR ANOTHER MONTH IN MY 6 MONTHS PACKAGE. I HAVE WASTED MY MONEY FROM 2 MONTHS IN SUCH LOW INTERNET SPEED.
Venkatesh Gopalan

Apr 9, 2014

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

HI,
MY CONNECTION ID :10839993

I SUBSCRIBED TO ACTTV BROADBAND , BY DISCONTINUING THE SERVICE FROM AIRTEL, WHICH I REALIZE AS BLUNDER LATER. THE SERVICE WORKED WELL FOR 3 DAYS AND LATER THERE IS NO NET CONNECTION OR NO RESPONSE. I MADE HEFTY COMPLAINTS THROUGH MAILS M TELEPHONE CALLS , BUT NO RESPONSE FOR LAST 15 DAYS. I WONDER IS THERE ANY NODAL OFFICER IS IN ACTTV, AS THAT GENTLEMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN SLEEPING FOR LAST 7 DAYS, AS MY ESCALATION MAILS IS NOT BEEN RESPONDED BY HIM. THEY HAVE LOOTED Rs 1687 FROM ME AND NEVER GIVE N A SERVICE. LET ME KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

WITH REGARDS,
VENKI
Hari Prakash B

Apr 2, 2014

Pathetic Service - 4 days no connectivity

I went for ACT broadband connection about 10 days back.
The connection was provided in 2 days, that too on a Sunday evening.
But after one week of working, the connection has gone down, on Saturday evening (29th March).
Called up Customer Service, and raised ticket (0001881593) and was assured of a fix in 24 hours.
Since then I have been given them calls almost everyday, sometimes even multiple times a day.
Every time I call, I get the same response - "The problem is with the junction box. Our technician has visited the place to check. The issue would be resolved by the End of the Day."
To this day, and today is the fourth day (2nd April), that the Internet service has been down.
Totally fed up calling their customer service.
I used to have Airtel from 2007 - 2011, and BSNL from 2011 - 2014, and I have never experienced a service this pathetic.

Would never recommend ACT Broadband service to anyone.
lodhamza

Mar 26, 2014

V BAD SERVICE-STAY AWAY

The act team provided me with an internet connection not less than a month ago. Not even 4 days of internet usage and the cable is not working anymore.

The technician calls me after the 2nd day after i register the complaint and never turns up. They talk about fixing the problem in 24 hours???

I keep calling the Act team and even went to the extent of talking to the floor manager, who promised me the faulty cable will be fixed today.

No news from the act team,the floor manager has left for the day no news from the technician. WOW
.Deepak

Mar 19, 2014

Worst Support Service

I have taken 25Mbps plan so that I can work from home. For last three days I have called multiple times to ACT and everytime getting the response that their technical team is working on it. They are not sharing the details of their manager. They are saying that their is some problem with Fiber cable at their end due to which connectivity is down but as ACT Mux is lying in my premises and I can see that all ports in Mux are up. Clearly shows that they are completely lying and they are not at all responding with current status. They are also not giving any money return confirmation as well.

This is my worst experience with Broadband services.

Included Nodal Team as well let's see how they respond.
ashishgaj

Feb 28, 2014

REAL MONEY SUCKERS

This company is so pathetic, so annoying, and so distrustful. I don't know who owns the company but after being a customer for more than a year i realized these people are total money suckers.
I have very bad experience with the service.

The most annoying is the messages from ACT regarding payment from last week of the month till the 15 th of the month.
The messages keep on popping up, CC keep on calling, and payment agents keep on threatening.

I usually pay the bill by 15 th of every month. recently in february month when i logged in to pay, i got message that i have around 2200 Rs. to pay where as i have a plan for 1100 odd Rs. However i thought i would not have paid the amount for january and paid the additional amount also. This is not happening once, infact they have done this to me earlier also. twice charged for a month.
When i searched over complaint forums i found about some postpaid to prepaid plan conversion. Hell to do with the management of this company. How can they double my amount of bill and justify by saying conversion. This is cruel and hurting to the individual customers like me.
Further more, the FUP limit is another problem, all by now know, they reduce the speed at around 40+ GB if your plan is for 50 GB. also they send the message that the FUP will be reset on the 01st of every month however it is not so and is only done as late as by 12:00 hrs to 14:00 hrs next day. i.e. 2nd of every month.
Call centre is worst of its kind, you have to pay for the call.
Why don't the government steps in and cancel the license of this company. At least people will be saved from such trauma and other genuine players would get a chance. Please help this company is blood and money sucker i want my money back. This service should be terminated from the sector with immediate effect.
sagarmondkar

Feb 25, 2014

Installation delayed

I paid the deposit amount on 15th feb. still I didn’t got the connection. Your Sales representative is not picking up the phones. Every time your customer care representative say they will inform team members to call me, not sure which team members they are talking about.This is the one of the worst internet service experience I ever had. Its the worst at everything before start.

Sagar
roydc81

Feb 17, 2014

Pathetic Service just big words

I have been using ACT broadband for quite sometime. Using ACT is not my choice but my only option since there aren't any other service provider in my area. I have taken 15 mbps , 100 GB package. I NEVER RECEIVE SPEED EVEN CLOSE TO THAT.
I have been without any Internet for a week now. I have complained time and again but it has been of no help.

Please avoid ACT broadband services if you any other options.
pravy24

Feb 11, 2014

Bandwidth Stealing by ACT

To all current ACT customers,

Are you aware that the ACT is stealing a chunk of your bandwidth which you have paid for? This is how they do it.

I had taken a 15Mbps/50GB plan from ACT broadband and was happy with their service until one day when I used-up about 45GB of my purchased download limit of 50GB/month a little early-on in the month- ie 12th of Dec 2013. I was thinking I will still get a speed of 15Mbps for the remaining days of the month as long as I did not cross the limit of 50GB/month. The ACT site clearly showed my usage as of 12-Dec-2013 as 45GB.

But I was shocked to see that the speed is reduced to 512kbps. I immediately contacted the ACT customer care and raised a compliant about the issue. I was told by the customer care representative that I have already used up all the 50GB/month download limit and that the information I see in their site is not up to date. They asked me to wait for the next day to see the correct data.

Well, I trusted them, and waited till the next day to see that my usage is 45.2GB as of 13-Dec-2013. I again called the customer care and pointed out the fact. The agent again told me to wait 1 more day to get the latest data. I waited 1 more day and saw that my usage is less than 46 GB as of 14-Dec-2013. This went on for about a week and still my usage was only less than 46GB, and the ACT customer care did not accepted my claim. They simply repeated the same sentence "Wait for 1 more day, Sir"! as if replaying some pre-recorded audio.

Well, what does it indicate? Later I came to know that ACT did deliberately reduce the speed of your internet connection after you cross about 90% of your purchased bandwidth. This was informally conveyed to me by their cash-collecting agent who came to recover the money from me when I too "deliberately" stopped the payment because of their untrustworthy service.
anjalisingh

Jan 10, 2014

No connectivity for 15 days

I shall be withdrawing my ACT broadband connection from the month of January due to quite an unexpected and a very bad response from your side on the issue with my no internet connectivity for 15 days now. I have already paid the bill for january and have not been able to use internet for the complete month now. I have been facing this issue for so many times now and there has been no response from your side and also completely harassing the customers asking for an extended time and still no resolution. The service is completely pathetic and surely you are having no engineers working on it.
ACT Broadband

Dec 23, 2013

We will help you in resolving your issue.

Hello Megha,

We apologies for the inconvenience. We will forward your complaint to the top management of the concerned team. We assure you that your issue will get resolved on priority. Kindly share your customer ID or contact no. with us so that our team can help you in resolving your issue.

ACT Broadband
meghamani

Dec 21, 2013

Connection never installed

I shifted to a new apartment in Koramangala 4th Block in Bangalore two weeks ago. I had heard about ACT Broadband's high speed plans at my previous apartment (where I had subscribed to Hathway), and decided to try it out. Firstly, after I put in the request, the representatives told me it would take 24 hours to come get my details. When I called back 3 days later, they said they would take 24 working hours. It turned out they hadn't worked even 24 hours in 10 days, for the agent came only after 10 days.
Then, he collected a cheque and told me that it should be done in 7 days. After 2 days, I got an SMS saying my payment has been received and my connection will be installed in 10 days!! When I called after 7 days having heard nothing, I was told it was 7 working days :D!
Funny as it gets, I tried to keep my sense of humor, and called the rep who took the cheque from me. He told me that the technical person's mother had expired, and if I could wait until next week, perhaps it would be fixed. I then got an SMS saying my complaint will be addressed in 7 days. It seems to me there is a random number generator that decides number of days to give out as an SLA or deadline.
Anyhow, I am fed up of hearing various excuses and have decided to go for either something slow but less painful like Hathway or reliable and expensive like Airtel. May the force be with me. I do not advise taking ACT connection, at least I do not advise making a cash payment under any circumstances. Give them a cheque if you must and cancel it later. You'll waste lots of time, effort, and some photographs and xerox copies when waiting on the internet :)
Karthikkumar

Dec 3, 2013

Broadband service down for 6days in two weeks.

ACT broadband - WORST INFRASTRUCTURE AND WORST SERVICE.

I have switched to ACT broadband, two weeks before in HAL 3rd stage area Bangalore, in the initial week itself there was a service disruption for almost 3 days.

Whenever i cal their customer service they say, it will be resolved in 24 business hours (note: business) so it is 3 days not just in 1 day.

So for the first week issue they solved only during the end of third day and also i was not refunded for the service loss time.

Now again this week the internet service is not available, it is already 2 days and still the problem is not resolved , i didnt get a call back what is the technical issue nor any engineer visited or called me.

i have called around 6 times in 1.5 day still they say they will get back.

I feel very much cheated and i regret for taking ACT broad band. in two weeks time the service is down for almost 6 days. So thjis makes the WORST ISP in India.

If it doent get resolved by today and dont get and refund for the service downtime. I will definitely switchback to airtel. I never felt any such issues with airtel.

IF ANYONE PLANNING TO GO FOR ACT PLS RECONSIDER IT, the deal might be lucrative but the service is worse. BEWARE.

Karthik
praveengonsalves

Nov 28, 2013

Speed is a eyewash and lousy customer service

Please don't go for ACT broadband.... The high speed is a eyewash and customer/service for any complaints is as good as non-existent

Reg Speed.... do a speed test from various speedtest websites (ensure to choose a server outside India)....I got max 5Mbps and average of 2.5Mbps from 7 different websites. However, the company personnel will choose an India based server and show that your speed is 19Mbps (more than the 15Mbps you have opted for)..... you download a file from the internet and see at what speed the file gets downloaded....for me it worked out to less than 2Mbps ... this was tested by ACT themselves... however they tried to mislead me by using an incorrect conversion ratio.... so beware, they will trick you into believing that you are actually getting more than 15Mbps speed

On Customer service.... In case you have any complaint, then god may answer your prayers, but ACT broadband will not answer... they will just close your complaint without addressing the issue.... I have already raised 5 complaints in the first 3 weeks of taking the connections... 4 of them have been closed without being addressed... I reopened then and they again close... the saga still continues as i write this review....

Also, be ensure that the junction box from where the connection / line is drawn has back-up power arrangements.... else, in case of a power cut in the area, the internet will not work (you may have UPS back-up but it wont help).... I am facing this issue ....everytime there is a power cut, the internet stops working (I have a generator at home but the junction box from where I am given a connection does not have power backup.... Raised a complaint and they have closed it without addressing...

Have raised 6 complaints (4 of which are closed without addressing the issue) in the first 3 weeks of taking the connection.

Complaint Nos - Description
0001443625 - Junction box has no back-up power arrangement
0001443018 - unable to connect
0001441022 - slow speed
0001425724 - unable to connect
0001448812 - New complaint (for power back-up & speed)

Have dropped emails etc... but nothing works...

In short... avoid ACT Broadband
shabeer ahmed

Nov 13, 2013

no connection after 6 pm n before that very slow speed ,worst service

after 6 pm there is no net connection why is that???? and before that its very slow ! i want urgent help
your service is disconnecting my net for no reason i have already paid 6000 as advance payment n still i experience such a disgusting speed !
shabeer ahmed

Nov 13, 2013

improper net conncetion

i experience a very slow speed n after 6 pm my net connection is disconnected please help!
KEIL

Oct 17, 2013

NO CONNECTION

VERY POOR SERVICE THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE COME ACROSS ABOUT ACT BROAD BAND SERVICE IN INDIRANAGAR
ANU123456789

Oct 11, 2013

No refund received, almost over a month now

I disconnected my broadband connection on 5th September and according to the ACT Customer Care, they logged a refund request that day itself. From that day till now, everytime I call they log a new request and till date my refund is not done. Everytime they take down my address and say that the draft has been dispatched.
Seriously these people have taken us for a fool. At the time of connection, they need the money then and there itself, and now after disconnection, thet can't even pay it back.
Screw this FAKE BROADBAND PEOPLE.

Recommendation: Never go for their disgusting broadband, as their services are also not good. In month-end the internet speed will be equivalent to IRCTC sites and sometimes there wont be any speed at all.

HATE THEM!!!
nimish.agrwal

Sep 11, 2013

NO REFUND OF MONEY

I have been filing complain for broadband not working and everytime i get an answer that my problem will be resolved in a day, but there is no response and ACT people are also not telling me about the procedure to refund my money back for the days when they were not able to provide broadband service.
This is happening for last 1 month.

Various complain numbers for reference:
0001200368
0001211902
nick4you

Sep 10, 2013

act is fraud broadband

I have got a new Act BB connection on 22/06/2013.

Acc No :412315

I have been clearly told by Marketing executive Mr Ramachandra that my connection is a post-paid and I have confirmed it more than thrice. I have the document which says its a post-paid connection.

Now , all of a sudden within 10 days i get to know that ACT has changed my post paid plan to pre-paid and i am asked to pay advance rental for next month.

My question here is who has authorised ACT BB to change my plan from POST PAID to PRE-PAID....even IF IT WAS DONE I WAS NEVER INFORMED ABOUT THE SAME!!!!

I WILL NOT HESITATE TO VOICE OUT MY CONCERNS ON ONLINE CONSUMER FORUMS IF MY CONCERN IS NOT ADDRESSED SUITABLY!!!

I WOULD EXPECT MY CONCERN IS ADDRESSED AT THE EARLIEST
ACT BB IS NOT EVEN BOTHERED TO RESPOND TO MY COMPLAINT NOR READY TO TAKE ANY COMPLAINT FOR THE SAME!!!

WHEN I HAVE PAID MY RENTAL OF 1560,WHILE TAKING CONNECTION IN ADVANCE WHY SHOULD I AGAIN PAY 1500 WITHIN 10 DAYS OF TAKING CONNECTION???
nick4you

Sep 4, 2013

ACT BB IS FRAUD BB

I have got a new Act BB connection on 22/06/2013.

Name :Nitin Chinnannavar
Acc No :412315

I WOULD EXPECT MY CONCERN IS ADDRESSED AT THE EARLIEST

Vidya Ordia

Aug 13, 2013

ACT Broadband is the best and fastest broadband in Bangalore

Got ACT Broadband as they have pretty straight forward high speed plans and it doesn’t cost a bomb. After some 5-6 months had some problem with the internet connectivity. Got little wild as I was doing some urgent online transactions. Called up customer care & the support guy guided me thoroughly to fix up the issue online and booooom it started working normal. Pretty impressive. Keep up the good work guys…never got such a satisfactory speed with other companies. Must admit ACT is worth my money.
manoj redx

Aug 8, 2013

wifi password

i want how to get a wi fi password in computer. please tell me

ARMY ORDNANCE CORPS - Online 64 KB ECHS card verification not received by record...
    Dear Sir, I have applied for ECHS online 64 KB Smart...
    IGNOU - Regarding non receipt/ display of result of MEG-5...
    I have appeared in the MEG examinations paper MEG-4,...
    RTO OFFICE NOIDA - WRONG FARE CHARGED BY PVT BUS
    Sir,I boarded from GIP to Advant. The bus conductor was...
    IndiaBulls - List of docs not provided.
    Dear Mr.Mourya, We understand that our team got in...
    IGNOU - Synopsis Approval Status
    Dear Team, I posted the synopsis of MS-100 dated on...
    DLF maintenance & services pvt.ltd. - Street Light
    DLF Maintenance Arjun Marg DLF - 1 Sub: Lack of...
    UPSC NDA - NDA Part-2nd not complet
    sir , I have successfuly completed my upsc NDA part-1...
    kapu corporation loans - kapu loan
    HI SIR, I have applied for kapu corporation loan...
    State Bank of India - Unauthorised disbursement
    We have noticed that INR 40000/ disbursed from account...
    Halcyon kart - Jeans combo 102
    I ordered jeans combo 103 of size 34 . But the delivered...