ACT BROADBAND

Consumer complaints and reviews about ACT BROADBAND

Catherine3

ACT - "LOL"

ACT service is a JOKE
The FUP figures are exaggerated beyond belief. When I demanded for a detailed report I was shown that I had downloaded 35 Gb on a day where I was not even there in town, and 17 gb the next day in a time span of 2 hours. When I said I had to escalate this issue, the executive said, its not possible. So I assume the expect you to live with it.

They come up with jaw dropping speed increases but the truth is you never get that speed and there is unreasonably high usage recorded for which you have no say or control over.

(data crosschecked and updated again)
kartece08

Act Fibernet is really Stupid

Hello Act Team,

I have switched from Airtel to ACT Fibernet on hearing a magical caption that the data transfer rate is 20 MBPS. But to tell u frankly your service is really stupid. The internet will be down in every 2 days. After trying several times to your customer care, the issue will be fixed temporarily, that too will not last for 1 day. Your customer care service team really deserves credit for providing wonderful and technical reasons for outage. I am giving you a free advice. Pls throw away all the guys in customer care. They are fit for nothing. Don't know the seriousness of the issue at all. They know only to apologies. Nothing else.

It is seriously irritating when we take work from home hoping that the internet will work, and internet is not working. Then i will have to rush back to office because of your f**king service. If you cannot provide proper service, pls let me know. I will go for some other good guys who will provide consistent service.

Tired of scolding you guys. Need a permanent fix. I need an answer in binary. Either Yes or no. No more excuses.

My account no: 1145003

Karthik
Catherine3

ACT service is a JOKE

The FUP figures are exaggerated beyond belief. When I demanded for a detailed report I was shown that I had downloaded 15 Gb on a day where I was not even there in town, and 7 gb the next day in a time span of 2 hours. When I said I had to escalate this issue, the executive said, its not possible. So I assume the expect you to live with it.

They don't reset it automatically at the beginning of every month as well, and the FUP increase is ridiculously high. Cheap service. Cheap brand.
Leela

May 31, 2015

Customer care not accessible at all

ACT broadband has again gone down. I'm fed up calling customer care and not able to get to it. Helpdesk email equally pathetic.

ACT is like rains to the indian farmer. Don't know when it will be online. When it's down there is NOTHING the customer can do about it. Just hope and pray.

May 29, 2015

Dear Bhaskar,

We have informed you bout your issue. For further queries you can contact us on 08042840000 or [email protected]

May 29, 2015

Dear KundanBhoi,

Your mentioned grievance has been resolved. For further queries you can contact us on 08042840000 or [email protected] Thanks

Dear Shloka Narayanan,

We regret to know that your concern was not addressed and would love the opportunity to help. We will look into the matter and make every effort to assist you.

Dear Apramit Barik,

Hi Bhaskar,

Dear Neel.patro,

Shloka Narayanan

TERRIBLE SERVICE

I switched over to ACT after my friend recommended it to be cheaper and faster than AirTel. First, they delayed my installation by three days and had assured me that my internet will be fixed by the time my previous provider disconnected. But this was not to be. They gave me lame excuses such as the raw material was not available, the cable was not reaching, and so on.
Eventually when fixed, the service engineer assured me that i could continue using the same router that I was previously using.
WIth a week of my connection I had to place two complaints- thus 2 days of no internet due to a "cable fault" and "server error".
Within another week, a speedtest showed that I was only receiving a speed of 2 Mbps instead of 20 Mbps. Another complaint made. The service person said my router was too old! When I told him that his people had only adviced that i could use it, he says you can use it, but it won't give you speed! He must think very little of my IQ if he thinks "you can use" would be interpreted by me this way.
I spent 2000 Rupees and bought a new router, and configured it on their instruction. Three days later, no internet. AGAIN. Call up customer care- standard response. Service person sent. Says there is a problem with configuration of router! Wow.
Sets it right. WIthin half an hour- no points for guessing! NO INTERNET.
He comes again. Asks for the old router. Fits the connection and says its working fine in the old router, there must be some interference in the new router! Really? What does he take us for? Fools?
Now my connection is supposed to be "under observation". From this morning, again no internet. Two calls to customer care from the morning and no response yet. The service person, Mr. Rajkumar has conveniently switched off his phone.

In a month of 30 days, 10 days of no internet. If ACT thinks Im going to pay for the 10 days, they must be really stupid.

See you in Consumer Court, ACT!

A/c. No: 11185267
Apramit Barik

May 28, 2015

No internet connection from three days

I am very disappointed with the connection and also the services. I dont have internet connection from past 3 days also i have given complain but till now no update.

Everyday i will call the customer care and everyday i will get the message that it will resolve today end of the day. No proper message. No update.

Also customer care waiting time is very high. Which is also payable not toll free.

Can anybody will take will take care if you really want your customer to retain.

Complain Number - 0004695945
Account Number is 1180553
Bhaskar1975

May 26, 2015

No back up power available

I have complained three times about this issue. tickets are closed without addressing the issue. I regret for opting for ACT. still the issue remains.

Account no: 913559
neel.patro

May 26, 2015

Not giving proper service as per commitment and asking for money

I requested for shifting of my connection on 8th may, as per the commitment it needs 15 days to complete this, but as of now it has not been done, I called, 8/9 times, they have only one answer, we will work on this, they are not allowing me to talk to their senior authority people. Such a pathetic service I have never seen, so many times they are calling and asking for payment when the account is deactivated due shifting request is in process. Everyday they are telling today end of day it is going to resolve.
I didn't get service on 20th and 21st April for that I raised complain to waive off, they forcefully closed the complain no but they didn't waive off 2 days charge and they are not doing to reopen the issue again, This is totally monopoly by ACT. I am also mention the ticket no 0004652105

Bastard bullshit management and giving terrible services, advice to public, that avoid this ACT.

Dear soumyabhoin,

Dear rmurdough,

We understand your distress and will make every effort to assist you in this matter.
Request you to share your customer ID or registered contact number and we will be at it.

Dear ezrakumar,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please share your Customer ID or registered contact number and we will get back to you.

Dear Kundan Bhoi,

We regret the inconvenience caused, we will get in touch with you.

rmurdough

Constantly Logging Out

I am an expat living and working in Bangalore. I find all of the ISPs in Bangalore to be pathetic in general. But I would go as far as to say that ACT is even worse than Airtel. I currently use ACT at both home in Lankford Town and at the office in Banaswadi. In both locations the service frequently has disruptions. Even more annoying than that is being logged out several times daily while in in the middle of performing business critical tasks. On one such occasion I was in the middle of deploying an update to a client's software system when I was abruptly disconnected by ACT which extended the downtime for this specific client. Even worse is when these abrupt logouts happen is that you cannot immediately log back in. It is as if the service was cut and it takes several times of resetting the router before I can get ACT's login screen to come back up. I would greatly enjoy seeing whomever is responsible at ACT for this login/logout mechanism getting fired out of a canon into the sun...
ezrakumar

No internet connection

Hello Sir,

I've been having internet connectivity problems for the whole day. Please help as even the customer care is not getting connected.

Looking at the resposes here I get the impression that you are not the best of the people in solving customer issues. Please serve your customers for the money they are paying.

Ezra Kumar
KundanBhoi

May 26, 2015

Very bad response from ACT fibernet

Since Thursday 21 May 2015 my net is not working properly ( working for 1 hr then getting disconnected for 3-4 hr ). I had raised a request 17055328. On Friday i got a call from ACT confirming if it is really not working and there was no update after that. On Saturday engineer came at 11:30 AM and checked wires and at that point it was working.he closed the ticket . I faced the same issue again at 6:00 PM and i gave a call to the engineer and he told that he will come at Sunday 11:00 AM and will change the wires for which i did not reopen the ticket. Sunday 12:00 PM i call again and asked if he is coming for which he acknowledged. I had to cancel all my work hoping he will come But he never showed up . On Sunday night i forwarded the closed ticket message to reopen it, but till now there is no response. Even i am trying to call 040-66272727 but it is not connecting.

It is being 6 days internet is not working properly.

From past 5-6 months i have raised 5-6 complaint for network disconnection..

May 25, 2015

Dear Soumya,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will get in touch with you.

May 25, 2015

Dear tanzeemnayaz,

May 24, 2015

Internet Discontinuity

I took the ACT Broadband service by the thought of 20 MBPS that I wont have any problem in working from home for official purpose.
But the thing is every two days, the internet is not working, and when I am calling to the customer care, first thing either I won't be connecting to them or I will be connecting to them after waiting around 30 minutes, and then one stupid unreasonable answer that "there might be fiber cable cut in your area, it will be resolved by EOD", but it will get resolved after 2 days, and on the next day morning itself, the same problem will be continued.
Now, I also got bored of doing this ridiculous job every two days.
I want a permanent solution to the problem, I am facing.
And ACT team, before you ask anything, please note down my account no: 1130595

I want to scold you really bad you ACT Team!!!

Soumya
tanzeemnayaz

May 24, 2015

ACT Fibernet

You guys are frauds in a real sense.You give good speed in the first month and from th second month the speed decreases to less than normal speed and after a few more months,ypu degrade to levels lower than government run services like BSNL.I have atleast 7-8 days of no internet connection in a month and it is pretty slow for atleast another 3-4 days.It has to be followed by endless calls that are unanswered.Upon that you very conveniently make the FUP levels reached whereas I barely use the internet.For what do you have a customer care number when you have no intentions of answering.

I have had no connection since 2 days and you guys are not answering the calls either.

PLEASE DO NOT GET THIS NET CONNECTION.I AM WRITING FROM VIJAYANAGAR ,BANGALORE