ACT TV

Nichiketha

May 26, 2015

Refund after disconnection ACT cable TV

Hi All,
I am sharing my bad experience with ACT cable TV - Cable operator, Anjana Cables, Ittamadu, Banashankari 3rd stage, Bangalore-85. I had taken the connection for Rs.2000(set up box)+Rs.250 monthly with the above mentioned operator, earlier service was quite normal, but later the connection used to be disconnected, and also he stopped giving star,Sony,discovery, English movie channels, English Entertainment and news channels. And I asked him to give the channels as agreed at the time of taking connection and he is not ready to do the same but used to give assurance. But after waiting 2 months also his service had become worst. So I asked for disconnection and the operator agreed then had taken the setupbox also. As per the policy which he agreed at the time of taking connection he should return the deposit amount i.e., Rs.1300. But he is not returning & doing rowdyism, so I had complained the same in ACT website 3 times each I had got a reply by saying 'Regret the inconvenience and solved in 24 hours' but I had not received the deposit amount and also there is no action had been taken against the operator.Both act and operator are cheating people on their mutual agreement. I do not have time to fight for to get the deposit amount, but seeing my problem which I had faced from Cable operator, Anjana Cables, Ittamadu, Banashankari 3rd stage, Bangalore-85 people should aware of these cheaters.

So I suggest people to do not take any cable or internet connection from Cable operator, Anjana Cables, Ittamadu, Banashankari 3rd stage, Bangalore-85, as they are not having any business ethics

Rajesh
jitendra damani

May 5, 2015

about channel

They are giving outsource to local cabel oprater but local cable oprater doesn't have any information.when I contact act TV they are saying we will not help you contact. Cable oprater
Where consumer will go
Mohammed Ismail

May 4, 2015

Acttv fibernet

I have not seen such a worst broadband service till now, once you ask for new connection, there have not given the connection for one month after the payment done, then i requested them to cancel the connection and refund the amount, whenever i call the customer care, there used tell me that refund team will contact me within one or two day, but there have not contacted me, then once again i have call the customer care, every time when i gave a call to customer care there says that there have escalated to refund team, there will contact you next day, but till now no one has contact. ACTTV has bad service and worst customer service. if anyone are going to take the new connection think 100 time before you take any service from ACTTV.
Ismail.
colin_rozario

Apr 11, 2015

constant disconnection

The worst ever cable TV operator. They charge as per their whims and the channels dont work.It takes many tries to eventually get to the call centre. You are put on hold and get a recorded message saying all are busy...try again. eventually you get to speak with a customer care executive and the usual answer is your complaint is registered and will be rectified within 24 hours.I have subscribed for sony six only to watch IPL matches,but that particular channel does not work....I get a message "you have not subscribed to this channel.The operator confirms it is activated.This is the worst cable service . Their collection agent promptly comes to collect cash every month,but the service provided is very very bad.

Please dont use their servive ...complete waste of money and tension for cricket fans...

Colin Rozario
dharmesh_vora

Mar 15, 2015

reference insensitive never given

we have refereed customer , through portal , in march -2014 , still not given any incentive as per web advertisement , also then never give any acknowledgement for the same , if you want insensitive you have to beg like beggar from company , also they don't have any senior person to reply , only one person will give reply of your mail (he may be paid for harrasment to customer who paid 12 month rent in adavance) his name Mr mohan
noACT

Nov 19, 2014

ACT CABLE

USELESS LOTS.I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED TO VIDEOCON D2H.NOT USING ACT ANYMORE.NO DISCOVERY CHANNEL,STAR CHANNEL,NGC,SONY NETWORK,INDIA TODAY NETWORK ECT ECT..THEY AIR ONLY DD,SUNTV ECT. USELESS BUNCH THEN THEY BLAME ON TDSAT.
DEAR HATHWAY CABLE CUSTOMERS,I HAVE COUSIN WHO HAS HATHWAY CONNECTION.THEY ONLY CHARGE 250 AND PROVIDE MORE THAN 500 CHANNEL
BUT ACT CHARGE 300 AND PROVIDE ONLY 150 CHANNEL. DONO WHEN THEY WILL CUT THIS.PLZ DO NOT BLAME HATHWAY.THEY ARE FOR MORE BETTER THAN ACT
hemanth1987

Oct 17, 2014

More Money and less channels

Horrible service and from past one month India Today, Sony network, Star Channels are disconnected and are given on A LA CARTE basis. Its time for customers to switch to DTH. Never go for ACT I am shifting to Videocon D2H for 231 new south gold pack with good channels.

Never take ACT cable. Think before you ACT.
Sulaikha

Oct 4, 2014

some channels are disqualified

maximum 26 channels are disqualified why it is.
shettynaveen

Oct 3, 2014

HI,

I AM UNFORTUNATELY ACT CABLE CUSTOMER FROM BANGALORE.

AS SUCH THEY CHARGE 300 RUPEES ,AND THEY GIVE A VERY LESS CHANNEL COMPARED TO HATHWAY, DEN NETWORKS ETC "ALL THE CABLE PROVIDERS IN BANGALORE INCLUDING DTH". GIVE MANY MORE CHANNELS THAN ACT

BUT ACT PRICES ARE ALSO IN HIGHER SIDE .HATHWAY CHARGES 275 FROM MY COUSIN,IN NEIGHBORING AREA.BUT ACT CHARGES 300 WITH FAR LESS CHANNELS.

LAST MONTH THEY DROPPED DISCOVERY NETWORK,INDIA TODAY NETWORK,SONY NETWORK FROM REGULAR STB AND ASKED US TO PAY MORE BECAUSE OF LA CART BASIS.

THIS MONTH THEY AGAIN STOPPED STAR CHANNELS INCLUDING SPORTS CHANNELS.

PLEASE DO IMAGINE THE FATE OF VIEWERS WITHOUT THESE CHANNELS. ACT HAS TAKEN ITS CUSTOMERS 2 DECADES BACK!EVEN THOSE TIMES THERE WAS MANY CHANNELS I PRESUME

AS A RESULT WE ARE GETTING LESS THAN 150 CHANNELS[MOST OF THEM ARE DOORDARSHAN IN ALL LANGUAGES] BUT PAYING ALMOST 300 PER MONTH.

SO JUST IMAGINE THE FATE OF ACT CABLE CUSTOMERS.THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS HORRIBLE.WHEN WE MAIL THEM THEY SAY "REGRET INCONVIENIENCE CAUSED" THATS IT.

OUR CABLE OPERATOR IS SAYING THAT EVEN HE IS UPSET WITH THIS.

KINDLY PLZ PLZ DO NOT GO FOR ACT

noACT

Oct 2, 2014

HI,

I AM UNFORTUNATELY ACT CABLE CUSTOMER (FORTUNATELY NOT BROADBAND ALSO) FROM BANGALORE.

THIS MONTH THEY AGAIN STOPPED STAR CHANNELS INCLUDING SPORTS CHANNELS.

OUR CABLE OPERATOR IS SAYING THAT EVEN HE IS UPSET WITH THIS.

KINDLY PLZ PLZ DO NOT GO FOR ACT

art6

Jun 8, 2013

Broadband not working

Our ACT broadband has not been working since over a week. Their excuse is that the box is in someone else's house and those people have locked their house and the ACT guys cannot access the box. So, they take a 6 month advance payment from us and then keep the box somewhere they cannot access and now they are not answering their phones.
We are surprised that with this kind of customer service & business attitude this ACT company is still running its business. We are going to make sure to let all our friends know that ACT sucks and they should nto get stuck with the kind of mistake we have made. Pay them for 6 months and be at their mercy.
yogendra12

Apr 11, 2013

set top box is not working from ladt 4 days

Act is having a worst customer service as we lodged a complaint that our set top box is not working 2 days back but nobody had responded and when we called to the customer care that lady had no sense to talk to the customer and rammed the phone by saying that the complaint is in progress and get rectified within 24 workin hours

Complaint no 000830281
Sabarish Rz

Feb 9, 2013

ACT TV GOOFUPS

Hi Friends,

I saw an Advertisement both on the internet and all the electric post on ACT TV. On Jan 12th 2013, I called them up @ their Customer Care and enquired about subscription charges. The representative told the details of the two packages available namely 260 package and 320 package. When enquired about the charges for an annual subscription , she quoted it as Rs.2600/- + Rs.250(refundable installation charges) and other hidden charges+ I would also be getting a free two month subscription if I opted to pay for one year..

I soon wanted to reconfirm the same , and called the same number again. This time, another representative , attended my call and told me the same rates.. I requested for the connection and they are running short of SET TOP BOXES and the same would would take 7 working days.

After 5 days , an ACT Technician was kind enough to give me a call and said there is shortage of SetTop Boxes and he also quoted additional Rs.1000/- that I have to pay for as the installation charges - altogether the rate would be Rs.3600/-
for annual 260 package.

On Jan 25th 2013, after a lot of futile attempts, I could get in touch with some one at the Nodal Office.By the end of the call he said that I will get my connection only by the 1st week of Feb due to shortage of STBs , however he ensure over the call that I would be provided a connection as per the old tarrif - that is 2850/- with no additional installation cost.

Friends, Today is Feb 9th 2013, and I am yet to get the connection. All these days I used to call the call center and enquire about the status of my Service request [655259], and I would have hear a different story. These crazy buggers, thankless shit eaters are not able to keep their promise.

I would request all of you to stay away from the pathetic service by ACT Broadband.
NOTHING COMES FREE IN INDIA.. CONDITIONS would be APPLIED by the CEO, MarketingExecuties, Tele-Mareketing Executives and finally by the TECHNICIAN who comes home.

ACT TV folks have NO REGRETS and are searching for more PREYS in the form of CUSTOMER.

THEY WILL MAKE YOU ACT.... ACT.... ACT.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

ACT TV GOOFUPS

User242018

Jul 1, 2011

Yes Sir,
I Agree with u. because 7 days i am continous calling for subscription but nobody is giving response,
only act tv sending the message and complaint no. but nobody will give call back.
Its worthless service and today 1.7.11. nobody pick the call.

Apr 21, 2011

Completely agree!!
ragsri

Apr 29, 2012

no broadband for 4 days . Pathetic. And also intermittent lack of connection

I have no broadband service for last 4 days and all I hear when I give complaint is their sweet talk.
You can also be gauranteed the broadband will be off for a day or two every 2 weeks.

Their big ads about 10mbps unlimited is a big lie. What use it is when there is no service.

I was a fool buying to this and paying 3 months advance. I am just waiting for 3 months and I will say good bye to ACT.

Please I strongly discourage subscribing to ACT.

Feb 3, 2012

Billing issues

i use ACT internet in Bangalore and i have a billing issue first to start with I do not get my bills in E-mail as promised by ACT when i took the connection, I have called ACT support center and reported E-mail ID which they have in their system is incorrect and needs to be changed from months now and this is not getting changed

Now for this month same issue I didn’t receive in my E-mail, DAS the collection agent dropped into my place and delivered the bill and gave me an option of paying online. When I checked my account on line it showed my outstanding is 2800 INR and the bill I received was for 1100 ( aprox). Immediately I called ACT support and asked for a clarification and informed post clarification received will make the payment, which was agreed by support staff and I was offered a call back. I never received a call back for week and spoke to DAS and asked for escalation which I never received.

While I was waiting for clarification to make the payment post clarification from ACT my line was disconnected on 30th. I called ACT support and asked for clarification & asked him to release my connection yet again I was promised a call back which never happened.

I called ACT support team again and asked for clarification on billing again asked to release my line because there is no fault from my side in payments however I was promised a call back again which never happened.

I called again to ACT today to know the status surprisingly i see my outstanding moved from 2800 INR to 4800 INR and told i didn't pay the bills for few months, actually for the months they informed me i got a wavier from Mr. prem for which i have E-mail proof for the same which was provided to ACT and they are denying to agree the same and denying to release my connection and denying to agree only 1100 in pending.

Need help to get this issue sorted

May 24, 2011

Worst service

I took a broadband connection a couple of weeks back. The connection worked only for two days and it is down for the past 12 days. In-spite of numerous complaints to the ACT customer care, there is no progress in fixing the issue. Every time i call them they give a new complaint number as though it is a new complaint and they never track the old compliant number. I wonder why would they give a connection without giving any service wasting their time and my time.

Nov 25, 2010

ACT TV - IPTV Pathetic product, useless customer care

Dear All,
Please think twice before you take the IPTV connection from ACT TV. I did the mistake of taking it and finally I was taken for a ride.

I took the connection on 1st May 2010 and within a few days the product would not work. I ended up spending my money by calling their call centre to get the product to work. Getting across to their call centre was one of the most difficult thing that you could think of. Now things have changed but then please be aware that it is not a toll free number. You are paying for each minute of holding the call till you get connected(At times it was over 5 -10 mins).

It just needed a small shower or some strong gusty winds to disrupt the services. They kept blaming it on the hardware supporting their product. I had assurances from Mr Raghunandan and Mr Gerard of the organization assuring me that I would not have any problem with their services, but that was never the reality.

They offer a discount if you surrender your existing set top box of other operators. Dont ever do that mistake. I retained my Tata Sky set top box and that was a blessing in disguise as I fell back to TATA SKY which is far far superior to ACT TV, in terms of the service provided by their customer care department and the reliability of the product.Kudos to TATA SKY!! You need to experience the customer care experience of TATA SKY(I have experienced the customer care experience of BIG TV and SUN DIRECT and hence can vouch for TATA SKY).

I tried to push my luck with ACT TV and gave them the benefit of doubt since they were a start up company, but my patience did not help. I finally decided to request for a deactivation 2 months after I had taken the connection and had told them to make the refund. They told me that they will make the refund after I surrender the set top box. The moment I returned that, the very tone from their side changed and they started mentioning the clauses in their agreement form. Eventhough I had requested for a deactivation in less than 2 months or use(totally interrupted service) they decided to deduct Rs 1000 towards installation charges, which they claim as non-refundable. If the product had worked as they had promised, I totally agree with their justification. But even in the 2 months that I tried to use their product, it was never an uninterrupted service(down time might have been more than the uptime). There was always a down time almost every day or very alternate day.Even if it did work, the screen will freeze or you can get to see all the error messages, which I have provided as attachments in this complaint.
Even after I signed the disconnection form(signed the form thrice - for one deactivation), they did not take things forward. I had to send repeated mails to follow up with them to close out my connection. I also had to send repeated mails to them to remind them to process my refund.

I have managed to take some snaps of the error messages that you can experience if you become a customer of ACT TV. Luckily I had captured these pictures as long as the product was with me. This is for your reference.

You can now decide whether you want to become another victim like me or not!!! You have a choice, but I was a victim.

User195676

Oct 19, 2010

Dear All,

This is to let everyone know about a very bad experience to me from ACT TV, Bangalore.

I installed their IPTV + Broadband in July 2010 and even from the start the service was very worse and there was frequent outage to both TV and Broadband service. Whenever i called their customer support to fix the issue they took almost 3 days to fix the issue - it means more days without any service @home. Finally i decided to cancel the service and filed a request to cease the service on August 1st week which was never happened even after numerous calls to the customer support till August 25.

Since then i am trying to get the invoice for the usage period (Complaint No.19690) and refund of my deposit till date and didnt got any response from them. This is the very worst customer service i have ever experienced.

PLEASE DONT GO FOR ANY OF THEIR SERVICE - IT'S COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!!

Srinivasan S. ([email protected])

GoIbibo - refund not initiated
    Dear Shivanshtekriwal, Greetings from Goibibo.com We...
    Reliance Jio - 4G Tower - Jio Network not available
    Hi Team I ecoworld outer ring road, Bangalore there is...
    Illegal MATAKA Shop - Close Illegal MATAKA Shop
    Our issue was solved .For this write now they thinking to...
    GoIbibo - Train Ticket cancellation Refund
    Dear Krishna_maheshwari, Greetings from...
    Policy Bazar - phone calls
    phone no 9707318275 plz stop calling me bc
    GoIbibo - REFUND DELAY
    Dear Abhishektyagi0001, Greetings from...
    GOIBIBO HOTEL - refund of payment made for booking || oyo hotel did not...
    Dear avinasha2605, Greetings from Goibibo.com We are...
    GoIbibo - Flight cancelled with out any prior information and refund...
    Dear Harikrishnn, Greetings from Goibibo.com We are...
    HSSC - unpaid fees
    I have applied for haryana police constable. I was paid...
    Sewa Kendra - Not applying my certificate
    Sir, my name is jaskaran singh and I am from Firozpur...