AEGON Religare - iTerm Plan

ANPURNA NARANG

May 8, 2014

CHEATING BY INSURING MY SON INSTEAD OF ME

DEAR SIR

POLICY SHOW ASSURED -HIMANSHU NARANG WHEREAS MY NAME IS MRS ANPURNA NARANG AGED 66 YEARS IS TO BE INSURED.
IN THE FOLLOWING POLICY MR HIMANSHU NARANG HASBEEN SHOWN AS ASSURED.
WHY I SHOULD PAY FOR THIS ?
IN ALL THIS CASE I HAVE ISSUED MY CHEQUES,HENCE I DONT ACCEPT THESE POLICY .
THEREFORE IN VIEW OF ABOVE, REFUND MY PREMIUM IMMIDIATELY AS UNDER WITH INTERST.HOW YOU CAN SHOW THE OTHER MAN AS ASSURED

> D-----AEGON RELIGAREFLEXI MONEY BACK ----POLICY NO ############ DT
> 24/10/2013 ------------------------------------- RS 78000/

KINDLY DONT CHEAT ME AND REFUND MY AMOUNTS WITH INTERST OTHERWISE I WILL GO IN THE COURT.
MRS ANPURNA NARANG
9560432807/9868792005
pankajverma

Jan 24, 2013

AEGON Religare cheating with policy effective & expiry date

I decided to bought AEGON Religare iTerm Plan last month. I filled up form and made online payment in last week of DEC 2012. My medical test was conducted on 3rd JAN 2013. I called to check status of my policy somewhere on around 13th JAN where they said that they are still in process of validating if I am eligible for this policy.

Suddenly I received an SMS from Aegon on 18th JAN that they have issued a policy to me on 4th JAN (I was surprised with policy issuing date because my medical was conducted on 3rd JAN and they need at least a week to check my eligibility). I called my relationship manager "Anita Rao" from Aegon religare to check if there is some mistake; but she said "we have issued policy on 4th JAN because we have received payment on 3rd JAN however your cover is effective from 15th JAN because it took around 11 days to decide whether you are eligible for policy based on your declaration and medical report".
The HIGHT OF PATHETICNESS started when I received soft copy of my policy document yesterday where expiry date is mentioned as 3rd JAN 2014. According to Anita Rao, my policy issue date is 4th JAN 2013 because they have received payment on 3rd JAN 2013; the cover starts from 15th JAN 2013 because the process took 11 days; the expiry date is 3rd JAN 2014 because issue date is 04th JAN 2013; and Aegon would not have cover for any unfortunate between 4th JAN to 14th JAN as policy was issued but not effective.
In short they are trying to give me a policy where premium is paid for 365 days for cover is for 354 days; ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT.

Finally I refused to accept hard copy of my policy document today. I am planning to log a complaint in IRDA and consumer forum both about this cheating.

Pankaj Verma