Airtel

Assam

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Aug 26, 2010

False promise, did not provide any paper bills, instead sent a legal notice regarding payments of bill

I purchased a Airtel data card modem and connection on 19th December 2009 for Rs 4750 (Rs 4250 for the modem and Rs 500 for the connection). I got this connection from Fulbagan, Dibrugarh Airtel Relationship Centre, my connection got activated on 27th dec 2009. It was promised by the providers that the connection would have roaming facilities. I left Assam and came back to Bangalore on 20th January 2010, while I was in Bangalore i didn't receive any roaming on that connection. I tried calling many a times to the service providers but, there was no response from the relationship centre and didn't received any calls from me (09957050687). They didn't provide me any paper bills at my billing address, even I didn't receive a single bill.
On 26 Aug 2010 I received a legal notice at my BILLING ADDRESS regarding payment of bill within 7 days. A number was provided in the notice regarding queries with Airtel, I called the number 09954449424 regarding the continuity of my connection and getting the notice without receive any papers bills at my billing address. The consent person faked me that they issued paper bills at my billing address and were duly received by me in the feedback form. I argued that from 20 january till 13 April 2010, I wasn't available in Assam and how could it be possible that i have signed those feedback when I wasn't there in Assam, moreover no bills did come in my address.
My issues regarding complaint are -
1. My 1st bill period as mentioned was stating from 17 dec, but my connection was activated on 27th Dec.
2. bills were provided in my billing address.
3. There was no response from the relationship centre and didn't received any calls from me (09957050687).
4. As promised by them that I would get roaming, I didn't receive it when I was out of Assam.
4. I gave alternate contact numbers, they could have called me on that regarding bill issues.
Is it wise in the part of Airtel to not take their mistakes into consideration and issue a legal notice without informing ?

I am furnishing my Data card connection details
Mr Niloy Gogoi

Niz Chabua
PO-Chabua
Dibrugarh
connection no 9678005813
relationship no 1019350176

Aug 1, 2010

automatic deduction of balance

myself ranjeet ray...customer of bharti airtel logging a conplain that there have been regular deduction of my mobile no..9954611487..account balance without my knowledge ..when i have been trying to contect customer care,it was unable to be reached..for no. of times.

Aug 1, 2010

poor service quality

I am piyush pandey mno. 8011132998 presently living in Assam Iwant to register a complain due to poor service provided by airtel assam region already i have made many complains but they gave lay excuses.Today (1 aug 10) at 10:33pm I call to customer care executive &he gave lay excuses that our service is down but when i sent messages to my friends it easily go but call can"t completed .I asked to executiveif service is poor then how it is possible that the messages are easily delivered but call can"t completed so the cus care exe disconnet the phone.leave alone financial losses i am also mentally stressed as i not able to call my friends back home.