Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Apr 19, 2019

Broadband connection

We had opted for Airtel Broadband connection for 6 months on 13th March. After that no one came and after numerous follow-ups they said the order is cancelled and they would refund our money which was paid by cheque. But after numerous follow-ups also we have still not got the money refunded.

Order Id - 80196958
Amount - 6012
Asish4you

Apr 9, 2019

Network/Internet issue

Worst network coverage is being provided by airtel in my location (Mahadevpura, Bangalore, Pin -560048. Landmark- Near Ring road). In 4g internet speed is not going more than 50kbps. And network bars are always dancing from 1to5. Made a big mistake by recharging unlimited pack.
Geo Andrews

Mar 25, 2019

Airtel — number not active after switching from post paid to pre-paid

I had given a request to change my post paid airtel connection to pre-paid on last Friday (22nd March). Not sure what changes Airtel has done my phone stopped working from Saturday saying i do not have balance. I tried re-charging multiple time ranging from 100 to 1000 with no luck. Calling the customer care too did not help much. Then i finally send email complaint.
I got a response yesterday (24th March) that they are working on this and will be resolved by 27th March.
That is a a good 6 days without any connection. In today's age and time it is very difficult to stay without mobile. Now all the callers get a message that i do not have balance or something like that - A message that's forced upon due to provider issue. Since my number is more than a decade old i receive all my call on the same number.

Message from Airtel :

I would like to inform you that your concern has been registered with reference number CPONR30324342699 and the same would be resolved by 27-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Santhosh0512

Mar 22, 2019

Worst costumer service

I had requested to port my existing Docomo prepaid to Airtel prepaid when I went to my near by Airtel store located in GB Palya Bangalore. the representative there told it cannot be ported to prepaid and can be ported to postpaid without giving proper clarification he started to initiate to port it to postpaid didn't even explained about to plans. Later I came to know that it can be ported to prepaid from other airtel store located in domlur and from customer care through call. when I went to ask about this the next day the representatives(all three) who works there started to answer rudely and not answering doing their work talking to themselves, ignoring me and later told it cannot be done here if you don't want you can tell to cancel when they come to address verification and telling me to port to other network where prepaid is available.
I didn't expect these kind of cheap service from Airtel I have been an Airtel costumer for years and hereafter I'm not gonna recommend Airtel to any of my family and friends, the brand loses the reputation and costumers because of cheap representatives like this they manipulate and lie to costumers for their benefits and I have seen them talking rudely this way to other costumers too kindly look into it.

Santhosh B
vamar

Mar 21, 2019

Very Bad airtel service

I have lost my mobile (no:9740488775) and Sim on 17.03.2019. So i requested to block my SIM.
I went to nearby airtel store and took new SIM but due to barring of my old SIM they told new SIM will not get activated immediately i called customer service to debar my number. But they told eventhough there is SIM bar automatically new SIM will get activated within 4 hrs.
But i got message like sim_swap_caf_creation failure.which was submitted on 18/3/2019.

I again registered complaint on 19/3/21019 SR 31-1275570391666. I got information that within 12 hrs number will get activated.

By 20/3/2019 evening i called to customer service i got communication that still complaint is in pending and your number will get activated by night 10.30pm.

So to confirm the status again i called to customer service at 21/03/19 at 7.30am but i got same information that complaint is not closed we will escalate it to backend team.
Vivekkr

Feb 24, 2019

Didn't refund money

I already transferred my postpaid to prepaid connection at airtel store and paid all remaining amount. Due to schedule payment registered at my bank,670rs money got debited from my bank account. I send a mail to airtel customer care to return my money to paytm. But they said due to our policy we can only return to bank account. I gave them my account statement and unfortunately after number of followup for a month. I didn't received money and when I asked customer care they said money is already send. I send them my account statement but still they are bluffing that money is already send.
This is worst experience I have with airtel and pathetic service to customers. I am going to remove airtel postpaid and broadband connection from my family life no more airtel no more cheating. Hope that money will help you improve.

Vivek
bharathee

Feb 7, 2019

Airtel charges 3 lakhs on my personal bank account for a deactivated company provided connection

I returned an Airtel sim card provided by my company in September 2018 before travelling out of India. The number was 7349281284. I have a confirmation from my company that it was deactivated in September 2018 itself. Please note that it was a company provided sim and had no link to my personal bank account. After 4 months I see that Airtel has sent a bill for some 3 lakhs rupees to my personal HDFC bank account bill payment. This is extremely unbelievable, unexpected and unacceptable. Where did they get my bank details? How is it directly going to the bank account bypassing my official email address and personal email address? Isn't it fraud? I don't know how many more such customers have been harassed like this. I want Airtel to investigate this thoroughly and get back to me with the details at the earliest. I also want to take it to the notice of relevant authorities to ensure Airtel is made accountable for this unethical act. Please advise. Thanks.
pnandishrao

Feb 7, 2019

DTH service compromised

After the TRAI guidelines, Airtel started broadcasting a message that the customers should select required channels and when I do that, the basic recording service that I am eligible for lifetime free because I bought HD Recorder (DVR) set top box by paying around 24,000/- with yearly subscription for the highest pack available with Airtel. I was told that irrespective of what I subscribe for, I would have the recording facility always available as I have opted for DVR box.
Now suddenly the recording services are stopped and there is absolutely no response to requests to activate the facility. I try calling the customer care and never get online as it goes on waiting for hours and I sent email, logged complaint online, and I have also contacted nodal officer and appellate too but absolutely no progress on this since a week.
This clearly shows how Airtel is ignoring customers after collecting money and promising services.
It has been a trend for Airtel to do this with all type of services like mobile, internet and DTH. No exclusion. Everything is against the customer's interest and is only for building the customer base and collecting money.
Divya Dechamma

Feb 4, 2019

Network issue

Network is very slow . Please visit to our area and resolve it ASAP.
shvardhan1994

Jan 26, 2019

Data Network Issue

Facing Data Network issue from past 2 months.
The Airtel Internet network speed is very low
Ratan Ghosh

Jan 11, 2019

New sim activities

I have purchase a sim 6364813289 recently and given my friend number reference but he didn't receive any call for verification But I keep I getting messages saying it is on hold as number was busy I checked with the dealer he told me to call18001020606 it's not connecting from reference number when calling and when called with other number it is getting connected and they are asking me to call from reference number when I told them it saying switch off they are not listening to me at all plz call 8638492813 and 8399036822 get get asap it has been 5 days I took sim
mokshi1983

Dec 23, 2018

Recharge not done

Sir, I recharged mobile no 8894815590 (airtel-himachal) using JD App and paid through BHIM UPI of SBI for RS. 135/-. But mobile no did not get recharged. Later on i checked and found this amount recharge has been stopped by Airtel thats by balance did not cm to above said mobile then i called up customer care of Airtel and JD app but issue is not resolved. And neither money came to bank account nor it went to mobile as balance. Transaction details slip attached Plz do the needful as both are passing ball in others court stating 3 rd party involvement. Thanking you

Murali Jayaram

Dec 21, 2018

MNP

Airtel Store, No.175/1, Shop No. 2, Ground Floor, Bagalur Main Road, Dwaraka Nagar, Bangalore - 560085, Near Brindhavan College

On 23rd Nov 2018, Applied for national MNP for the number 9087006387 from Airtel Chennai circle to Airtel Karnataka circle. After getting my unique porting code, they asked to wait for 7 days , My network in Chennai sim went off. Inserted new sim given by the dealer , but no network on that sim, Approached the dealer regarding the same, Initially they asked me to wait for 48 hours, so far my sim is not activated. when approached on 20th Dec 2018, They started behaving differently and started using Bad words. And gave back my application , asked me to get it done from any other store. Without a network in both the sim (Old and New) for almost one Month. tried calling customer care , as per the record , they have not got any request for the same. Now I dnt know what to do. I request you to do the needful , I need network either chennai circle or karnataka , My worry is that i have given that number for all the banking transaction. I feel it may get miss used.

Thanks and Regards Murali J
Suman br

Dec 21, 2018

Very bad network issue

I am complaining past few day about network issue the network so tat i am sent any mail from this my business is going in loss I calling to costumercare but not connecting old help in this my address is 168 peenya industrial suburb Bangalore 9986464810
sspalei

Dec 18, 2018

Outgoing Call Issue

Its about Outgoing Service of Airtel. Whenever I am Trying to call Any jio number from my airtel number its always saying busy. Customer Executive are also not suporting us. they are Disconnecting our phones and telling us to contact jio service. its the fight between airtel and Jio. Why an customer will suffer. please resolve my issue.
Aaradhita

Dec 5, 2018

internet service

ADSL link has been down for the past 3 hours. We tried restarting the modem 3 or 4 times but there's no change. This has been happening for too long now and very often too. The service from airtel has been PATHETIC. Will have to change to another company if this continues.
tnmurali

Dec 4, 2018

Prepaid not working

I have recharged my airtel mobile 88618 54092 just couple of days ago. It has stopped working for incoming, outgoing and data. I have been going to the Airtel centre in Sahakar Nagar and they keep saying it will be fixed by the end of the day. So far there is no improvement at all. I have not been able to use the mobile at all and I want Airtel to fix it immediately.

Murali
Ramesh_Pishey

Nov 13, 2018

AirG Buzz India

I have not opted for any value added services but my account balance got deducted by Rs. 35.00
on 08 November 2018 for some service called "AIRG BUZZ INDIA".
Airtel cannot deduct any sum of money without our consent from our account balance.
Srinivasan Chennappan

Nov 5, 2018

Recharge not done

i am recharge my airtel sim,the payment was done but not recharge yet.

Amount:Rs.199

Transaction No: citrus 041811000828185269
07karthik

Oct 17, 2018

Unnecessary SMS

I have been receiving unnecessary SMS from Airtel. It's shows a OTP number and is asked to use the OTP to complete Airtel transaction. This is completely irrelevant to me. Here is the screenshot of the SMS

Unnecessary SMS

Nimesh13

Oct 15, 2018

False promise of Internet connection

I have requested for Airtel Broadband connection(1299 plan) on 12th of October, 2018. I have been promised that if I make the registration fee of 500 INR, by 13th October morning, on the same day before 5'O clock in the evening I'll be provided the airtel broadband connection. I specifically told the airtel executive (Veeresh) that I'll make the payment only if the connection is activated by 13 October 5 PM. I was promised that it will be done. But once the payment is made, Veeresh started pushing for the time. Initially he said by 4.30 PM it will be done. Since I didn't get a call, I called him at 5.50 PM and I was told that within 1 hour connection will be given. By 7 I called him again, now he started telling all the stories and said, connection will be given by 14th October, 11 AM. Today is 15th October 4 PM and I'm still waiting for his call.

Here is my transaction id : 1013346712

I want to see some action taken against these false promises to trap the customers. Also I want the refund of my money. Can you please help me file a complaint for the same.
Sandeepmraju

Oct 12, 2018

Airtel broadband - worst service

Airtel should be ashamed of calling themselves the best and largest internet service provider in the country. I have been using airtel postpaid for 10+ years now and airtel dth recently.
I also bought a new broadband connection couple of months back and this is the 3rd time I have experienced no connectivity. Worst case is that this time I am left with no connectivity for 10 days now and still see no signs of the issue getting resolved any soon. I have been calling the customer care every day without fail just to keep getting a field engineer assigned. Not a single day the engineer turns up to check fix. 100925644 This is the latest service request number.
Never take all devices from 1 service provider, if you do so they don’t treat u as a premium customer, rather least priority. Coz there’s nothing they have to sell to u.

Oct 10, 2018

Regarding installation

I booked new Airtel DTH connection on 8th sep 2018 and got confirmation from your customer representative that it will installed in 48 hr but installation is not done yet and some one called me today at 3 oclcok for installation and told he will come in 30 min because of this i took half day leave from my office and that guy not came and not picking the call also. I didn't except this type of pathetic service from airtel.
Please close this connection and refund my booked amount.

Customer id : 3027115953

very bad network here
Ritik Goutam

Oct 9, 2018

Balance deduction

Hi , my mbl no is 9973661455 , I was having net pack for yesterday due to some reason I am in Hospital so I couldn't off my data before 12 , hence I off it at 12 : 05 Am in this 5 sec they deducted my whole account balance aprx 410 rs ...in 5 min only..and when I call them they told u used 100 mb and it's charge 400 , and i get a pack of unlimited call data at 370 near about for 72 days ...And they charge 410 rs for 5 min only and for as der detail off 100 mb..this is the wrong deduction done by Airtel plz help me to get my amount back .
Thank you .
Navin kumar

Bachpan a play school , hanspuram Kanpur - Unexperienced principal and staff
    The principal of BACHPAN a play school awas Vikas...
    Unknown - Fraud call
    I received fraud call from 9135202849 on 23/4/2019 at 1:34...
    SPLIT AC - 1.2TR HITACHI RAU514AWD - GAS leaked immediate after service
    Dear Vivek, We deeply regret the inconvenience you had....
    Videocon D2H - Worst Service
    Dear Sravanthi, We apologize for the inconvenience. We...
    Whirlpool India - Complaint regarding my whirpool semi-automatic machine
    Hi, 16th April : I had raised a complaint for my...
    Airtel - Airtel online recharge
    HI , I have made 169 rs rechrge on my airtell prepaid...
    Pending at District officer for Sanction - PLEASE RELEASE THE RTF AMOUNT
    Respected Sir/Madam, I am Malkapuram Sandhya, studying...
    Videocon D2H - No refunding money for my 1 year recharge amount for OMNI...
    Dear Rakesh, We apologize for the inconvenience. We...
    westside - eGV code not working
    I shopped on sunday April 21st and the counter staff...
    Hitachi A/C - WORST COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    I bought HIATCHI 1.5 ton 3 star window AC from dealer on...