Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

User20544

May 11, 2010

block sim card

i have lost my mobile.so i want to block my airtel sim number 9535289214.thanks.

May 9, 2010

Refuse to block IMEI number

As per indian cellular website 9http://www.india-cellular.com/Lets-Learn/IMEI-Number.html) the network providers should be able to add an IMEI number of a stolen mobile to there EIR(Equipment Identity Register) Refer (http://www.india-cellular.com/Lets-Learn/IMEI-Number.html), so that it will prevent the stolen mobile to be used again. This is a very basic service which every network provider should be providing. I called the airtel customer care and the floor manager asked me to send them an email so that they can provide this service but later I received an email from certain Mr SasiKumar providing unwanted and irrelevant details and later refusing that they will not add the IMEI number to the black list.

I also want to bring to notice that a month ago airtel sent an sms to me saying that if u own a phone with the fake IMEI number we will block it. If they are able to block the fake IMEI numbers they should be able to add my stolen IMEI number as well. I do not understand on what basis they refused my request and I haven't received a satisfying answer from them. Please look into the issue and do the needful.

Sivasankari

May 7, 2010

Harassment in the installation of new Airtel digital connection

Hi Sir/Madam,
I have taken a Airtel Digital TV connection on 27th April 2010 from your DSA: Vriti Infocomm ( Agent Name: Ashish Contact No.09716922273) and paid a full amount of Rs. 3850 for Rest of India Mega Plan. After numerous request from the Airtel Customer Care, an executive finally came to install the setup box(STB ID-03084600706 View Card No. 00003134447) on 4th May 2010 but the reception was not there as they claimed that there was some server problem which will be resolved within 5 hours. After not receiving any reception for next 24 hours we logged a complaint in Airtel Office for which the service request reference no. was 2633780. Today that is on 7th May 1600 hrs I received a message from DTH247 which says that this particular request has been resolved. But by now that is by 2300 hrs my connection is not yet activated. When trying to contact Airtel customer care I have received some rude reply to all my problems. I have already talked to Mr. Eswar, Mr. Vijay Kumar Supervised by Mr. Arun Kumar (nandi durga road, bangalore official id [email protected] ) and many more customer care executives .All the time either my call was disconnected or the executive didn't provide any response. Please help me to lodge a complaint against Airtel in Consumer Court.

Anshul Garg

May 7, 2010

Bad Service

I was using Airtel Internet service for mobile (99/month) pack. I have called the customer care asked the procedure to terminate the service. The person at the customer care told me to send sms ' VBC CNCL ' to 222 which i have done on 21/04/2010 after which i got a conformation that the requested and will be processed in 24 hours. Untill now the service has not been terminated and my pre-paid balance is getting deducted very often (My handset is iphone 3g in which utilises internet 24/7 if available).

When i call customer service and mentioned the same to them they took my compliant saying that i would get a call from their end and assured my that my balance would be refunded.

I was waiting for 3 days and i didnot get a call. Again when i called them and asked about the same they told me that they to contact me and they are not able to reach me and they have sent an SMS which i did recive and they also said that the balance cannot be refunded. When I asked the reason they told me they dont know about it.

Each time i call those people i need to explain them from the scratch to them about with no use also the customer service rep are useless can't even speak proper english and dont have a basic knowledge about products and often give wrong info to the customers.

May 5, 2010

Blocked ph no.

Dear Sir/Madam
Iam PRADHEEP KUMAR I have been a customer for airtel from almost 10 to 11 months.
They have barred my outgoing calls for no reason. when I had called them they told that my documents has to be submitted again, Therefore I went and submitted it immediately.They gave me a time frame of 48hrs but its been 5 days since my services are interrupted. I faced a lot of trouble in regards with this issue and this is the fourth time airtel is barring my service. the customer care representatives, supervisors and the managers kept giving me invalid information and they are just asking me to wait for 24hrs everytime I call them up.This has been a lot of inconvenience to me and I would like to report this so I would request the concerned authority to take the necessary action and help me over it.
Thank-you

H.PRADHEEP KUMAR

May 3, 2010

Landline Account shifting from Bangalore to Hyderabad

I raised the request bearing no. 133332 on 23/04/2010 to shift my landline bearing no.080 40932565 to transfer from Bangalore to Hyderabad and till date there is no update. I called to the customer care many times and nobody is ready to take anykind of responsbility and the reason customer care representative are giving is "Technical Problem."
I got a call from Airtel representative on 26/04/2010 saying that they have verified the area and their service is very much available and connection will be given by end of the day and next day I got another call from Airtel office to keep my documents Rental agreement and Identity proof to keep ready for submission but till date nothing happened. When I raised my voice against customer care representative then next day another Airtel respresentative has visited my place and told me that line cannot be shifted and I have to apply for new connection. As per his advice I filled new form and paid 500 rupess towards the new connection and even till date that is also not done.
Now, you can understand my situation and this make me to sue against the company.

May 2, 2010

sim card rejected

Hai dis Sudhakar ,i had taken airtel sim(ph.no.9611295876 ) on 10th april 2010 , keeping my driving license as proof.

by evening of 29th of april as i am making calls it is directly connected to customer care and they said the card is in others name. myself filled the application form and submitted. this number is very necessary to me i applied to many jobs through this number . and i got many offers which r maintained by this number. Now as i am doing calls from friday it is saying card rejected.
I think some of ur employs selling the choosen numbers for some high cost.
I need my number back as it is the future for me.
Please dont neglect regarding this.
SIM:89914500050069297410
MSISDN 9611295876
IMSI:404450506929741

Sudhakar Bomma

May 1, 2010

Poor customer response

I have been an airtel customer since 1999. In 2003, I took up their offer of 'lifetime connection' paying a whopping Rs.999 then. After migrating to UK, I used to use this connection intermittently. In 2007, I realized the connection was deactivated. On my immediate trip to India, I visited the Bannerghatta road where my request was met with a pathetic front desk. After several communication including copies to Mittal, the chairman and reminders by email and phone calls from India and UK, finally one of the nodal officer agreed to issue the number to my cousin, so I can still hold the SIM. I hold this SIM card and continually have flushed money into this SIM. However for whatsoever reason not known to me, I can never make outgoing calls. I could sent text messages. After this realisation, my cousin and I have sent out at least 30 communication to customer care, nodal officers, appellate officer. Besides the automated email, we have had zero response. A message

We tried contacting Amrita Gangotra, via email and social media with a responsible officer as her who is at the helm of affairs refusing to connect.

The AIRTEL customer relations have become so very structural and pathetic, it has bottomed out to the worst possible mobile service provider ever I have come across. It clearly reflects as to how much we Indians can be treated to bureaucracy and cheating by such providers. Standard email responses without any customizations, irresponsive staff right from bottom-line to the top. My personal opinion is that one must try other service providers who spent much less on Advertisements and focuses on quality people to interact with customers to cater to their needs. I am big follower of Shah Rukh Khan, but pity that he is not aware as to what his image is up against recommending a brand that stands to me for structural bureaucracy and holds a penchant to harass customers. Should India have had a number migration, I would have been moving this number to other suitable providers.

Should you want to have evidence to the multitude of email communications to people at Airtel, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Apr 29, 2010

Recharge of Rs. 52 for SMS - Fake

I had recharged for Rs. 52 for getting SMS benefits on my mobile connection. It's validity is one month. I had recharged this on 28th March 2010. I stopped getting benefit of this SMS pack on 12th April. I registered a complaint in customer care (complaint no. ############). They said that they will revert back to me with solution on 16th April. I used to send SMS thinking that I will get my money back once they rectify this issue as they had said this in the beginning. I called them on 19th again saying that it has not been addressed (complaint no. 0419567250). They said that it will be done till 21st of April. I still kept sending SMS while I was being charged for each SMS. Each local SMS was worth 50 paise and STD SMSes were 60 paise. I called back to customer care on 23rd April. They said that they can't refund the money. I was shocked. They said that its validity can be increased but they can't refund the balance. So, I stopped sending SMSes and sent only when necessary. They said that it will be done till 28th (complaint no. 0422470728 and 0422464558). I started getting the benefit of free SMS from 28th April.
But I have lost more than Rs. 100 in this whole fiasco. I wanted my money back but they did not do it.

I have reached a conclusion that this is their new money making scheme. Offer customers some pack which offers free smses. and then stop the service. Customer who is facing this for the first time will do the same thing like me and will end up paying for SMS. They will get good sum of money. Then they will start this again and will extend the benefit for few more days. In between they just made a good sum of money by laundering it. I would like to bring this into notice as I have got to know that they are doing this for many customers and just think if Rs. 100 multiplied by 1000 people (assuming at least 1000 people are using this service and facing problems) they can easily make money worth one lakh. They are looting us in the name of free SMS while other service providers are providing this service at very cheap rates (without doing these cheap activities).

I want that strict action should be taken against them.

Rajesh Kumar
Mob. No. 9611131184

call detail

i want to my call detail num 9880971257

change of plan

I bought a new airtel prepaid sim ,with number 8971401709 on 16th march 2010 , it was working fine until 17th april 2010, but after that it got deactivated, when i contacted customer caret, they informed me that it is due to non-verification of address but my sim was blocked prior to 1st april for the same reason, and they verified my address on the same week and told that there would not be any poblems in the future, but now once again it got deactivated on 17/4/10 and after making calls repeatedly to customer care it was activated on 26/4/10 at 10.20pm but now the problem is the call rates had become Rs.1/min and Rs.1/sms, as my plan was having call rates 50p/min and daily 150sms free and had validity till 16/3/2011, when contacted customer care they say that validity recharge is not yet made for my number, and i hve recharge Rs.94 to avail the offer as mentioned above, they also say that I have buyed this sim on 26/4/10, I dont know whats wrong with airtel, i buyed this sim only because of the offer it had, now the call rates have changed and also the validity has become 10/9/2037.
I request the authorities to solve this problem.

thanking you, yours sincerely,
ANUESH ,
email:[email protected]

Verbal and Mental Abuse

Here I would like to bring to kind notice the Airtel collection team is using the languague which is supposed to be called as un-professional and un-ethical.

I has the telephone no.(9008300334) with the credit limit of Rs.17000/-. In the month of Feb10 it was barred. So Airtel called up and told since the limit is exceeded we are disconnected. When we checked the March month bill there were some extra charges added. When we asked for detail bill summary they didnot give proper detail. Later one lady(!) by name Swathi(9945115557) called up. She herself is saying is from Legal department of Airtel. She started speaking rudely. When i asked for the complete bill detail she was not ready to give. Later she has called my wife and irritated her saying your hubby doesnot have capacity(#$%$#%$%) all that.

Later she has called my friends and relative and started insulted them using abusing language. How they are able to reach my friends and relatives.
On what basis they have called my friends and relatives ?

Airtel team - please teach her how to speak to customers. Give her the detailed procedure. If you are not taking serious action on your agent I would take serious action taking this case as nusiance case to police.

Apr 26, 2010

Cancellation of post paid

I have given the cancellation form to airtel 2 months before and still they have not taken any action on the same .

CANCELLATION OF ADDITIONAL SIM CARD
SELF DECLARATION
08/03/2010

Sub: Request for Cancellation of Sim Card

With Reference to the above subject I would like to Disconnect my additional sim card with details below with immediate effect.
Kindly Block the sim card and give us the acceptance confirmation .If any dues payable will be paid to you as per the bill generated as on today.
Mobile No:9740240931
Sim Card No:89914 50003 00507 17873
Name:Lokesh K
Billing address:No11/11,9th Cross,Lakshmi Nivas ,Venkatapura,Koramangala,Bangalore-34
Kindly request you to accept the same and do the needful at the earliest as am moving out of station by this week.
Lokesh K

Please find the reminder mails as below sent to airtel .

Further to the below chains of mails as requested and told that I have been receiving the bills ,please ensure to react something instead of being blind and showing ignorance.

I have received the bill for the last month also and I will not make the payment for the same until its been solved by you.

From: lokesh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:04 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: 'l[email protected]'
Subject: RE: cancellation of additional sim card

Further to the below mail I have not received any reply from your office or any concerned personel and I will be not making any single paise payment if the bill is generated against this number.
Further if I get calls on this for payments I will be forced to send the notice agaist the same.

Kindly send us the acknowledgement for the receipt and cancellation of the same as I have paid all the dues and nothing is payable against this sim card .

From: lokesh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2010 3:12 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: cancellation of additional sim card

I have attached the cancellation form for your immediate action.
Further to the above subject I request you to kindly send us the acknowledgement for the receipt and acceptance of the cancellation.

Apr 22, 2010

privacy not guaranteed to customers from airtel

This is With Regards to 9902956004 i seema holding this number
had asked your showroom people to cancel the line in month of January which was not done & there was some 236rs pending because of airtel's negligence
know what disgusting pathetic & cheap work today done by aitel's marketing team they had opened my bills checked my calling list & had called all of my friends & relatives whose number is been dialed from 9902956004 i am getting continuous calls from my friends & relatives asking why they have been called inquiring about me i am really so much upset because of this unprofessional behavior from brand like AIRTEL that i will in future suggest all of my friends & relatives not to take up a AIRTEL connection as AIRTEL IS NOT AT ALL CONCERNED ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS PRIVACY an airtel employee can access your call list check them & circulate them & can play with those numbers which you have dialled they call them & trouble all of our friends & relatives i want every one know wot sought of torture & insult i am facing after being associated with AIRTEL
when asked airtel marketing executive how did she get contact details of my friends & relatives airtel marketing executive said me that she opened my bills of last 4months checked frequently dialed number & called them
want immediate action against this & an apology from airtel to me & to my far relative who was been disturbed since morning by airtel.

Coca Cola - Fake lottery
    Respected RBI, I want to know if this attached receipt is...
    Shree Maruti Courier Service - My original EWS certificate lost in courier.
    I have sent courier from Surat Parvat Patiya to UPSC...
    HDFC Fastag - Fastag token despatch address change
    Dear Sir My HDFC Fastag Wallet No 19000009109830. My...
    Videocon D2H - Not Able to watch Channel Since 11 Days
    From: Sapan Giri <[email protected]> Date: Sat,...
    Hitachi 1.5 Ton AC - Water leak in ac technician came servicing done but...
    Dear Sachin, We are really sorry for the experience you...
    broadband recharge - transaction failed but money deducted from account
    Recharge Amount of Rs.1412 against telephone no....
    Vodafone India - Activation of Re.1 Store service without my consent.
    For second time, I have received messages saying that The...
    AAFT Noida - Aastha
    Hi Everyone I am aastha and I am deciding to take...
    KFJ BOND GOLD - BOND GOLD FRAUD
    I paid in the investment KFJ BOND OF GOLD to my daughter...