Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Artifice

Sep 15, 2017

One Time Charges for Number Portability

My son Pranav Prathipati, joined in Manipal Institute of Technology on July 20th 2017, we were already using the number 9959719999 through IDEA service, we wanted to use number portability to change to Airtel. This number was on my name, and I was using it for the past 2 years. An Airtel representative approached us and after clarifying from him that there will be no extra charges for number portability, we agreed and he started the process and on July 29th the number was ported and started on Airtel service. The first bill dated 22nd August 2017 was sent for an amount of Rs.18,000, which included an amount of Rs.15,000 one time charges, we were surprised on seeing this, as according to the Airtel representative number portability to Airtel was free, then how are these charges valid?, we don't want Airtel service if they charge so much for our number, please cancel our services and send us a revised bill. When my son contacted Airtel's customer care representative regarding the one time charge of ₹15000 and the customer care representative said that these charges are valid as they are vanity charges, but the Airtel representative in Manipal said that there are no extra charges for porting number and number portability is free. This is highly irregular and nothing but cheating customers, how can the charges be valid when number portability is free, if the bill is not revised, we will be forced to register a complaint on the consumer redressal forum and other consumer courts. The customer Id No. is 1360877180 and the complaint numbers are 79111461 dated 1 September 2017, 79323885 dated 9 September 2017 and 79324173 dated 9 September 2017.

P.L.Srinivasa Rao
aaryavi

Aug 12, 2017

validity of recharge

DEAR SIR,

MY MOBILE NUMBER : 9901728426
NAME : AVINASH

I HAVE RECHARGED RS. 244 ON 16.07.2017, AS ITS OFFER WAS - DAILY 1 GB FREE INTERNET AND AIRTEL TO AIRTEL FREE CALL FOR 70 DAYS. TODAY ON 12.08.2017 WHEN I AM GOING TO CALL MY FRIEND ITS ANNOUNCING THAT YOUR INTERNET VALIDITY EXPIRES TODAY (ITS EVEN 1 MONTH ALSO NOT COMPLETED). I RECHARGED OF RS.244 BECAUSE ITS HAVE 70 DAYS VALIDITY. NOW THEY ARE TELLING LIKE THIS.

PLEASE RESOLVE MY ISSUE SOON.

THANKING YOU

AVINASH

validity of recharge

aaryavi

Aug 12, 2017

About recharge validity

DEAR SIR,

I HAVE RECHARGED RS. 244 ON 16.07.2017 ITS OFFER WAS - DAILY 1 GB FREE INTERNET AND A TO A FREE CALL FOR 70 DAY. TODAY WHEN I AM GOING TO CALL MY FRIEND ITS ANNOUNCING THAT YOUR INTERNET EXPIRES TODAY. PLEASE RESOLVE MY ISSUE SOON.
M JAYARAJ

Jul 29, 2017

NET WORK PROBLEM

so many time given complaint regarding net work problems, not only for me so many customer in my neighbors facing same problem, even our area tower not even kilometer, but really felt bad why airtel provider not taken much intererest, all are plan to switch to idea, even i met your franchises at karkal, he is not bother about loosing customer .
here with i am giving in my house only having following airtel custormer
9620777799 this is mine i am a post paid customer past ten years, 2011 on words this number , earlier 9900479078, please see the the my billing past ten years then you can under why i suffered now.

others numbers in my house, 7259391629, 988068893,9901360412,9945998444,8105766693,9902205399,99722621564,9611826050,8105107011,please look into the matter

M JAYARAJ 9620777799
sathishkp70

Aug 1, 2016

No 3g network

No 3g Network in my area
There is no 3G network in my area. so the people of our area face problem to browse fast something because 2G network is very slow.

Please give 3G network in our area and solve the problem of network.
While your aids on TV is , where ever you go, you will get signal, 3g, 4g etc, but still in my area nothing, means you people are making us fool or what.
If not like this then please solve this problem asap.
You are making money from us, then your responsibility is give us best service.

Address

Village.. Shiroor, Hrikandige

P.O-shiroor, via perdoor

Dist- udupi
PIN 576124
Salvadore Dsouza

Jan 9, 2016

sim not registered

Sir i took a sim the last week still it has been not regestired.It has been one week,still its services are not activated.sim no is 7760628257.please solve the problem.
nithin90.4u

Jun 1, 2015

Request for call list

Want incoming call details
Sir i have lost a important contact number so i want my airtel prepaid number incoming call deails mob no is 8970211500 for the month of February-2015 my mail id is nithin90.4u@gmail.com please send it to my mail id.
Rithwik Jallepalli

May 13, 2015

Airtel- NEW NUMBER ACTIVATION AND VERIFICATION ISSUE

I requested for conversion of my existing postpaid number to a prepaid number on 4th may, 2015. After being promised that the process should take just a day, which it did not, I had to make multiple inquiries and repeated requests for the same. Finally the conversion happened on 11th may, exactly 1 week after the day I applied. From 11th may I've been struggling to get the number verified and each time I make a call it reroutes me to the verification center. In a mail from Airtel customer care on the night of 13th may I had been asked to call 123 and follow the instructions, which I've so done, however almost 12 hours later I am yet to have the services restored on my number. It has been almost 72 hours since my number has last worked and about 10 days since I first applied for conversion of my number to prepaid. This is my main number and I have provided it for communication to a lot of institutes and organizations, the unavailability of my number may cause severe professional/monetary losses for me. It has been an exhausting and harrowing experience all along for me. I request you to help me with my situation.
Thank You.
-Rithwik Jallepalli.
manjunatha shetty

Feb 23, 2015

call and msg details

dear sir her by manjunatha shetty, i lost the phoe last month i need full call etails of last month to till date from this number 8861147115 , plz send the details for my mail id (shettyp444@gmail.com)
Melwin Coutinho

May 21, 2014

2G or 3G Proper Internet Services

Respected Sir/Madam,

My native is in Mundkur which comes under Karkala Taluk, Udupi District (576 121). When i visited my native i used Airtel Network for my mobile. And i put Data Package for using Internet. But unfortunately it is not working properly and i tried a lot but still not getting any proper Internet Services, Range & Coverage.

And when i visited Moodbidri & Mangalore Cities there it is working properly and without any buffering. But in my native i could not open Gmail, Whatsapp, Facebook and Youtube etc networks and in moodbidri & managlore its working very good.

So i humbly request you to make repair or something in the tower which was installed in the Mundkur and by this we can use internet facility when we visit our native.

Hope you will do the needful to people like me and waste your precious time for our needs.

Please ignore if i am approaching to the wrong party or organization or authority.

Melwin Coutinho (melwincoutinho@gmail.com)
Indian Citizen
nazeem93

Jan 25, 2013

ported sim

Before porting the sim from idea to airtel, i have asked to the customer care service about the offer. they said that if we port we will get offer as "airtel to any local mobile as 1paise/2sec , airtel to airtel as 1paise/6swc and sms pack as 100sms free/day without rental.
So i ported the to airtel.
But after poy i am getting charge fur starting 3 sms as 50paise.. and for airtel to airtel is also 1paise/2sec..
they lied me.. i want justice.. :)
ported sim is 9916615143
last recharge Rs.30
they lied me..
they are distracting the peoples by fake offers..

Oct 26, 2012

airtel service

Namaste Mr.Shetty,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 25 Oct 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Deepak Mohod

Twitter - www.twitter.com/airtel_presence
Facebook - www.facebook.com/bhartiairtelltd
Linked- http://in.linkedin.com/pub/airtel-presence-bharti-airtel-ltd/1b/119/a33

Oct 25, 2012

airtel service

i am bharath shetty.. my cell phone number is 9740836973... i have been using airtel service for past 4 years... on 21st of October i was charged 45 rupees for some value added service (which i had not activated at all.) when i called up customer care the c.c executive didn't respond to me properly or suggest anything to stop such services... but again on 25th of october (today) i was again charged with 99 rupees for the same issue... when i called up customer care the executive again didn't respond to me and told she would transfer my call to supervisor.. after few minutes she told me that the supervisor is unavailable and i should call after few minutes.. she mentioned her name to be priyanka... but after a few minutes when i got a customer feed back message her name was supposed to be meghana... and the other annoying thing was that i couldnt call customer care again... my number was diverted... this is a fraud....

Oct 3, 2012

forgotten username, password of airtel money

my mobile no is 9740239274

Oct 3, 2012

forgotten username, password of airtel money

which details you wanted to knw?

Aug 22, 2012

Deactivate 59950 Daily Fun Portal Service

Thanks a lot for promptly addressing my concern.

Aug 9, 2012

Deactivate 59950 Daily Fun Portal Service

SIR/MAM,
My mobile no is – 9901730634
I did not opt for daily Fun Portal Service for my simcard
But it has automatically activated.
I am trying to deactivate
Please help to deactivate the DAILY FUN PORTAL SERVICE FROM MY AIRTEL NUMBER 9901730634 .
Every DAY RS.2/- is been deducted for this SERVICE.
Please do it on urgent basis as soon as possible.

Jun 12, 2012

missed call from +92 (pakisthan)

my cell no is 9880858701. i'v received 3 missed calls from pakisthan. nos are +923086633866 on 11/6/2012 at 9:31pm, +923064957721 on 11/6/2012 at3:11pm and from +923316817433 on 30/52012 at 11:25am. pls look into the matter and block all calls from country code +92. i dont have any friends or relatives in this country.

satheesh rao

May 4, 2012

number barred from 2 weeks

hello sir
my name is shreyas, i had ported my number last month on 28apr 2012 from idea to air tel after 25 days without any warning they barred my number, after going asking them they told my documents were not proper . so i submitted the proper documents last week.. still after 1 week it not been activated. if i ask them they say it get proper today, still it not been solved, i don't know what to do more, my number is 9164159701,
User719894

Apr 21, 2012

std low rate plan

req sar,
std offers roming lekunda one registation india working for your net work
no roming please infermation
my number 9632549588

Feb 26, 2012

issuing my phone no to others

i have purchased air tel life time simcard(airtel mobile number 9663040402) in padubidri .im working abroad and i use this no in my vacation time. when in my behalf my wife went to recharge, it said that the no was blocked and the said co agent said simcard cant be activated. i mailed to said airtel co and the co representative said sufficient amount and not used for more than 6 months so that it cant be activated and said my no was issued to other person.now my point is if i purchased the above said simcard for life then how they can issue to others? if they deactivated due to insufficient of funds then it can be activated charging some fine. my point is if they sell product saying for life time then how can they sell it to others unless the customer surrender the no or cancel the no. this said no was with my family friends and relatives, co saying that come to the nearest outlet and purchase new one. now my point is if they do so then why they see product saying life time.if there was no sufficient am mount it can be deactivated but not blocked impermanently and sel, to others. please advise me on the said matter

Dec 30, 2011

out going calls are barred

Out going calls are barred from 7th December, 2011 even after submitting the required documents twice at Manipal outlet. In initial two days it was active, but then stopped with out any reason. I was following it up almost every day with Manipal out let, but of no use. My husband called customer care to find out the reason, but the guy who attended the call at 7.56 pm on Dec 30,2011, disconnected the call abruptly.

Interestignly the Airtel web site is down to accept any customer complaints.

Aug 12, 2011

Unauthorised balance deduction

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 11 Aug. 2011 has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution, we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However, we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please do write to us at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com with your contact details (address and landline or mobile phone number).

Rakesh Ranga

Twitter - http://bit.ly/fKcSxc
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/cECyvS

Aug 11, 2011

Unauthorised balance deduction

I received a call from airtel on my no 9945289693 asking for me to suscribe to a premier service called health tips. It prompted for me to prees some number. I dont want such service activiated and hence kept phone down with speaker phone on without attending the call. the call repeated and got disconnected but at the end the premium service was activated without my conformation and amount was deducted from my account. I immediately deactivated the service and raised a complaint with airtel. Complaint no is 30805363215.

So far my request has not been attended and no response from airtel at all.

Jul 15, 2011

Unwanted service activation

Dear Customer (ankit.prabhu ),

We were waiting to hear back from you. Since you haven’t written in yet, we trust your issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, we request you to please drop us an email at airtelpresence@in.airtel.com and we will be happy to be of assistance.

Rakesh Ranga

Twitter - http://bit.ly/fKcSxc
Facebook - http://on.fb.me/cECyvS

RELIANCE M N P PROBLEM - Regarding port number
    Please provide port number for 7488226783.....i have tried...
    SSC - General
    Worst site of SSC ... CHSL
    SSC - General
    Contact for any assistance regarding SSC CHSL 9125974888..
    BMTC - EXTRA TICKET FARE AND MOLESTY
    On 17th December around at 2:10 pm conductor of BMTC bus...
    MCD - Unauthorised Construction
    The house no B- 8/12 Vasant Vihar New Delhi-110057...
    SSC Cgl 2017 Online Application Issue - Error cannot connect to the server
    Sir/madam , I registered to the chsl form and attached...
    Spicejet - wrongly charged for excess baggage
    Hi Team This is a complaint about Spice Jet charging for...
    registered post - for not posted VP Letter
    My track consignment number is RT513629734IN of VP Letter...