Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

kishorvarpe47

Dec 12, 2017

Internet is not working

I have recharged my airtel sim with 498₹ pack with 1 gb data pe day. Despite 1gb data balance is available in account internet isnot working. When checked the data balance shows as.... BCG-Night Bal: 1024 MB.
Customer care is unable to resolve the issue. They are not taking the responsibility.
My 498 rupees are on stake. Plz help me.

Internet is not working

Anagha Satish

Dec 6, 2017

Network issue airtel

NO SERVICE!!!!!! what the hell is wrong with AIRTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gsbhosale

Dec 6, 2017

internet speed

am a big fan of airtel but now a days i didnt get the satsifaction from airtel serivice due to low network and poor data connectivity and the 4g speed is soo bad

internet speed

Rahul Nair

Dec 1, 2017

Airtel wifi broadband

Airtel wifi not working since the past week. Please solve this issue and send an engineer asap.
ashishmishra21

Nov 28, 2017

Network issue

sir this is to inform you that i have been using airtel network for the last couple of months. but for the last couple of days the airtel network is not working properly. due to which i am unable to use net on airtel nor i am able to call and lots of call drop happen. please help me in this case. its very urgent.
kunalkgunjal

Nov 25, 2017

4g range not found...below 2g speed plus 2g signal on 4g recharge

2g speed and single getting on 4g recharge in Pin code 411015.. please fix this problem asap.
panmandakshay123@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2017

Deduction of call benefits

Respected Sir/ma'am,
According to my activated plan available on the phone number 9096589175 of call benefits from the company should be disconnected.today 20 Nov 2017 is the last date of my activated plan but the benefit should expired on 13nov 2017.company told that the benefit should not return to your account So i want to get my activated benefit back.this is complaint about the Airtel company. Plzz give me my activated benefit back this is my humble request to you.

Regards ,
Akshay Pan and
Jain13

Nov 13, 2017

Network and speed issue

s been long tine that have made complaint to Airtel executive that there is no coverage of your network in my area but still they are not serious of what kind of servious they are providing to their customers.
My number for s 9960522911. They are making people fool and making money in wrong way.. From pune
Sandeep1910

Oct 24, 2017

deactivated number

Respected Sir, my reliance number 9373173533 ported in airtel postpaid . After two months bill pending, I paid full bill of three months, then to service not activated by airtel. I want to get it back.
divyarai002

Oct 18, 2017

Recharge Unsuccessful

I recharged with My Airtel app of RS.146 which was debited from my account and recharge failed. I want my refund as soon as possible.

Recharge date- 18.10.2017
Mobile no.9890192899
Txn id- 042496
Bank- Union Bank of India

Plz refund my amount as soon as possible.

Recharge Unsuccessful

soni mehul111@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2017

fake call from

I have received call from 7294866676 today saying he is calling from AXIS bank and asked me details of my debit card i have denined and asked him why he needs it.
The person has started talking abusing laanguage.
Kindly take serious action to this.
scnjat

Sep 29, 2017

Seeding Aadhaar with Mobile Compulsory

Please read the rediff.com article which clearly says that linking Aadhaar with the mobile is illegal and you are liable to be hauled up for contempt.
Don't misread supreme court order, aadhaar not a must Rediff.com
September 18, 2017 11:54 IST
The DOT is wrongly asking subscribers to link their mobile numbers to Aadhaar in order to keep them active.
Under no situation can the Ministry of Communications establish that the two-judge bench's order will prevail over the five-judge constitution bench's order, says Gopal Krishna.
A recent newspaper report misrepresented an observation made by the supreme court in an order by a two-judge bench delivered on february 6.
The report appeared to be a part of the barrage of messages sent to mobile subscribers, asking them to mandatorily link their aadhaar to their phone numbers to keep the latter active, as per the government of india's directions.
However, while referring to the government order, the reporter failed to examine the consistency of the letter from the department of telecommunications with the law and an october 15, 2015 order by the supreme court's five-judge constitution bench.
The dot issued the letter on march 23, 2017, with the subject 'implementation of hon'ble supreme court orders regarding 100 per cent EKYC based reverification of all existing subscribers', wherein it partially refers to the observation made by the two-judge bench in the february order.
The observation of the two-judge bench which the dot letter referred to is in para 5 of the order.
It reads: 'in view of the factual position brought to our notice during the course of hearing, we are satisfied that the prayers made in the writ petition have been substantially dealt with, and an effective process has been evolved to ensure identity verification, as well as, the addresses of all mobile phone subscribers for new subscribers.'
In the near future, and more particularly, within one year from today, a similar verification will be completed, in the case of existing subscribers.'
After citing this part of the court's order, the letter would have us believe that 'this amounts to a direction which is to be completed within a time frame of one year'.
Having reached this inference, the dot has sought unique identification/aadhaar-based verification of new mobile subscribers and re-verification of all existing subscribers.
The fact is that the dot has drawn a flawed inference with regard to whether or not the supreme court observation 'amounts to a direction' or not because under no situation can the ministry of communications establish that the two-judge bench's order will prevail over the five-judge constitution bench's order.
After the June 9, 2017 verdict of the supreme court bench, headed by Justice A K Sikri, on the 12 digit biometric aadhaar, DOT letter has become invalid on three grounds.
One, the letter is illegal as it is in violation of the five-judge bench order.
Two, the letter is inconsistent with the Aadhaar Act, 2016 and three, the Supreme Court order of June 9, 2017 will prevail over the dot letter dated march 23.
Notably, nowhere does the Aadhaar Targeted delivery of financial and other subsidies, benefits and services Act, 2016 provide for and authorise 'seeding' of Aadhaar numbers in databases.
The act provides for only two uses:
1. Authentication, which means that biometric or demographic data can be sent to the unique identification authority of india's central identities data repository to return a yes/no reply to the question whether you are who you say you are; and,
2. EKYC, which does something they had said they would never do give the data on their database except core biometric data although they have no means to stop any agency from collecting and keeping biometrics when it is given for authentication) to an authorised service agency.
It is germane to note that section 8 2 B of the act is categorical in stating that an agency requesting authentication 'ensure that the identity information of an individual is only used for submission to the cidr of 12 digit biometric Aadhaar numbers for authentication.
It does not authorise anyone to hold onto the number.
As per the order of the five-judge bench of the supreme court dated october 15, 2015, aadhaar cannot be made mandatory for the purposes of linking to mobile phones.
This has been reiterated by the court on June 9 and June 27, 2017
The use of Aadhaar for linking to other databases, retention, storage or publishing is prohibited and is a punishable offence under the the Aadhaar Act 2016.
Apart from the foregoing, the following should be noted clearly:
1. Aadhaar cannot be made compulsory because of the orders of the supreme court.
2. The Aadhaar Act 2016 does not make it compulsory.
3. The cidr of aadhaar numbers is not a verified or audited database. Neither the uidai nor any other government authority certifies it as a proof of identity, address, resident status or even the existence of any person.
4. The linkage of aadhaar to mobiles will encourage imposters to obtain sims.
5.in its counter-affidavit in the supreme court in the lokniti foundation v union of india case, the centre, through the then attorney general, stated that 'currently aadhaar card or biometric authentication is not mandatory for obtaining a new telephone connection'.
The proper wording of the submission of the attorney general and the supreme court's order are important in light of the misreporting of the case. The headline of the above mentioned news report, for instance, was 'sc asks centre to link all mobile numbers to aadhaar within one year'.
In its petition, the lokniti foundation, had prayed that 'the aadhar card or such other biometric identification may be made compulsory for verification of the mobile phone subscribers that can ensure 100 per cent verification of mobile phones', but pursuant to the attorney general's submission, the two-judge bench of the court decided not to purposefully violate the orders of a three-judge bench and the five-judge constitution bench, which assert that getting a biometric aadhaar number is voluntary.
But the dot chose to misinterpret the order.
6. It is germane to note that the August 11, 2015, order of a three-judge bench of justices chelameswar, s a bobde and nagappan observed, the Union of India shall give wide publicity in the electronic and print media including radio and television networks that it is not mandatory for a citizen to obtain an aadhaar card; the production of an aadhaar card will not be condition for obtaining any benefits otherwise due to a citizen.
7. The order passed by the five-judge constitution bench in the 'uid/aadhaar' matter, reads: 'we impress upon the union of india that it shall strictly follow all the earlier orders passed by this court commencing from September 23, 2013. We will also make it clear that the aadhaar card scheme is purely voluntary and it cannot be made mandatory till the matter is finally decided by this court one way or the other.
8. This Aadhaar is voluntary position has been repeated by the high courts of Kerala, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
9.in a significant case, a Punjab and Haryana High Court bench, headed by then Chief Justice a K SIKRI Currently a supreme court judge, heard a matter challenging a circular making aadhaar mandatory.
The moment the court raised questions of laws, the circular making aadhaar mandatory was withdrawn by the central government.
10. It must be noted that in keeping with court's order, the west bengal assembly passed a unanimous resolution against aadhaar number-related schemes in the public interest.
11.in a related case, the unique identification authority of india UIDAI vs CBI, the Apex Court passed an order dated march 24, 2014, which reads as follows:
More so, no person shall be deprived of any service for want of Aadhaar number in case he or she is otherwise eligible or entitled.
All the authorities are directed to modify their forms/circulars/likes so as to not compulsorily require the aadhaar number.
This order in the case is a part of the all the earlier orders passed by this court which is required to be followed strictly.
It is quite evident that repeated orders issued by the supreme court till June 27, 2017, make it clear that Aadhaar remains voluntary.
Therefore, no one can be mandatorily asked to produce or link biometric aadhaar for anything.
12. The then Attorney General had admitted in an affidavit filed on behalf of the Centre that Aadhaar is not mandatory.
13. On June 9, 2017, the court observed that even the aadhaar act, 2016 does not make UID Aadhaar mandatory. This was reiterated on June 27, 2017.
14. A three judge-bench headed by the then chief justice of india on January 5, 2017, expressed concern about the collection of biometric data by private and foreign agencies.
15. The Aadhaar enrolment process continues to promise indian residents that aadhaar enrolment is free and voluntary.
It must be noted that the existing legal provisions as per the supreme court's order and the Aadhaar Act, 2016 do not provide for seeding of aadhaar with any scheme or project.
16. The views of the national human rights commission reveal that the biometric authentication scheme has a number of dangerous ramifications.
The National Human Rights Commission view on the need for protection of information, 'the possibility of tampering with stored biometric information' and disclosure of information in the interest of national security has been ignored.
It is evident that following the attorney general's submission in the supreme court recorded in the February 6, 2017, order stating that Aadhaar is not mandatory for telephone connections and keeping the orders of several high courts and apex court in mind, there is a logical legal obligation for the government and non-governmental agencies who are implementing uid/aadhaar-related schemes and systems to revise their orders and circulars to comply with the court's order in letter and spirit.
In the aftermath of the verdict of the nine-judge constitution bench declaring the right to privacy as a fundamental right, it is high time editors chastened their reporters to refrain from irresponsible and untruthful reporting.
tshruti

Sep 27, 2017

Receive of OTP Message and Misc.

1. My Airtel Sim is not receiving any Message like OTP send by Bank.
Apart from this the following message were received several time for last few days-
a) "Dear Customer, as per Govt. directive, all mobile numbers need to be linked with Aadhaar by doing fingerprint verification at nearest Airtel Retailer."
b) "Important! We have upgraded our network to give you faster speeds & better voice clarity. Your existing SIM will be discontinued on 02-Oct-2017. To enjoy continued services on your Airtel Mobile, upgrade to FREE 4G SIM. Visit your nearest store or retailer today."
In view of the above context I want to know how Govt has given such directive against fundamental right of secrecy? If govt. has not given any such direction please do the needful against Airtel for fraud.
further, Upgradation of network is part of better service of company. The Airtel Agent use to take money for upgradation and linking of Aadhar number by doing finger print verification. what action against such charges without any receipt?

Please solve the problem of not receiving Message like OTP and also satisfactory reply of the above.
Thanking you, Sir.

Y/f
Sushil Roy
tshruti

Sep 27, 2017

Airtel Service

1. My Airtel Sim is not receiving any Message like OTP send by Bank.

Thanking you, Sir.

Y/f
Sushil Roy
ameyd

Sep 22, 2017

Why disconnect number
Hi,This is Amey Deshmukh .
I am your Regular prepaid customer from Last
7 years. My number is 9860705664.
From last 1 days my number has been
Disconnected
Co-operate with me "Thanking you"
Your Regular customer.

Amey Deshmuk

mikey07

Sep 20, 2017

RECHARGE FAIL

HELLO i have ported my vodafone rajasthan number 9660715811 to airtel maharastra.
every thing went right like i got airtel signal on time and all other services like incomming outgoing and internet working well
untill to went to recharge my number. from day one of service i am unable to recharge my number, even i am getting good offers on my number i am unable to do any kind of recharge from anywhere, i also tried same by paytm and official airtel site but every time
my recharge got failed, i am just sick of this problem, i also tried to contact airtel customer care but he told me that there is no problem in services every thing is fine, how it could be fine when i am unable to recharge my number.
I think i have done mistake to go with airtel, before that my vodafone was fine. PLEASE HELP ME
Parax Mashhouse

Sep 20, 2017

getting bills without gst number

we are receiving bills wihout GST number from Airtel. we are using leaseline and pri line for office. we asked several times regarding gst number to them but didnt got any reply form them. its difficult to terminate the connection for us so please help us.

Parag
premsinha

Sep 13, 2017

Broadband connection not working for 30days

I am using Air-tel home WiFi with router since 2015 for Share trading activity from my home. For last approximate 30days, my connection is not working properly. Current data balance- 115 GB.

I have made four complaints by now but no one is coming to attend. Details of complaints are as below:
1. 24th Aug- I was told to replace the SIM card. But even after replacement, it was not working.

2. 27th Aug- Comp no 79065751- I was told that technical person will come & resolve the issue by 2nd Sep. But no one contacted.

3. 2nd Sep - Comp no 79145236 - Customer care person told me that your complaint was rejected as information given was incomplete. But I had given all the details asked by the person calling. Then he told it will be resolved by 6th Sep by the technical team.

4. 9th Sep - Comp no 79329588- I was told that your complaint was resolved on 4th Sep. But no one even came to see the problem. Again customer care supervisor assured me that the issue will be resolved in maximum 48 hours.

But still no one has come to resolve the problem. Right now I am using the SIM in my mobile but my prime activity (Share market trading) is completely disturbed. I am bluffed by your customer care many number of times. Now I am totally fade up. Please arrange to disconnect my WiFi connection.

Prem Sinha
WiFi no -7757004880
Alternate number to contact- 9922907094
R.v.varade

Sep 9, 2017

Call drop and network failure

My no is 986411078 mumbai i have recharged rs 399 for 84days,unlimited call anddaily4g 1gb data pack.
But now today my outgoing call r dropoig continnously....it us pure cheating.
Network for 4g data is also not available contineously..
This only first month now more 54 days remained
Hop strict action shd be taken Airtel

Sep 5, 2017

Poor Data Speed

Hi All,

I have raised complaint on 25 August 2017 as I'm not getting 4G data speed. Even field engineer visited my home and check status. He submitted report as I'm not getting good speed. I have did follow up with appellate officer, nodal officer. Still issue is not resolved.

I'm staying in middle of Pune which urban area (downtown) of city. I'm paying around 1400.00 /- INR per month for 11 GB data and unlimited calls.

Here is reference number :- 78924393

Now I have decided to close my connection. I have sent email to close the connection. But still I didn't receive any response. I'm ready to pay due amount. Still airtel is not giving any response.

Airtel is worst service provider. Now I'm facing huge issue to close my connection. It seems that airtel want rob innocent customers money. I don't know whether issue will get resolve through this forum or not. Still put complaint here to know other customers.

Please don't use Airtel. Switch airtel to other operator as like Jio or Vodafone. Jio is really good..

Sep 5, 2017

Poor Data Speed - Airtel

Tejas99

Sep 4, 2017

3G speed is less than 20kbps

Every time I start my mobile data I get speed less than 20kbps. I have registered a complaint to airtel customer care service but still i didn't get my problem solved. This is very frustrating. Even i can't able to access Facebook from fb lite app. what should i do. i have already pay for 3 months.
just4mania

Sep 3, 2017

fraud offer

hi i am using airtel since 12 years for now..i recharged 349 which says unlimited local and std calls and 3g/4g for 28 days 1gb daily.it was said unlimited then ur customer says there is terms and condition mentioned.My question is why such fraudulent activity when its unlimited mentioned then why would someone go for terms and conditions when my priority is meeting in the first line terms unlimited calls for local and std.give me a solution.Been a customer for 12 years if such is the response with arrogance by ur customer executive so ashamed of airtel.

Manu mani
sj24

Sep 3, 2017

SIM not working

I changed my 3G sim(8414960460) to 4G sim bought from airtel store (at Sindh Society, Ward No. 8, Sadhu Vasvani Nagar, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra 411007) having sim number 8991000900133391667U yesterday(02/09/2017) at 8:00pm. At about 10pm I receive conformation message saying new sim is activated.
After inserting new sim I am not able to call, receive call, receive sms, check my balance. I get message from "ATDSA" saying "Thank you for choosing Airtel! We are setting up you services please wait." followed by message saying "We are unable to process your request. Please retry later."
It's been 12 hour and I am still getting this message.
This is my primary number, please resolve the issue.

My alternate mobile number is: 9131734638

SIM not working

Sep 2, 2017

Poor Data Speed - Airtel is worst service provider

Akshar IT Solution - Google Account Password and Recovery Email Changed
    Please help, as soon as possible, someone have change my...
    Dogs threat - Removal of dogs
    Hello sir, I leave at house no 996,Saraswati Vihar,...
    HDFC BANK / ONE ASSIST MFEE - Cancellation of ONE ASSIST & refund of money Without...
    I am a hdfc bank credit card holder. The bank has auto...
    scholership - didnot got the scholarship
    i am kalyani, i applied for scholarship in degree in the...
    paytm - Success
    Aamount of money is deducted secretly from my bank through...
    Loss of black bag - Lost bag with luggage
    I lost my black bag contains pendrive charger and some...
    Ravi Kumar - Regarding mistake in my father name
    Dear Sir/Mam, With due respect, I made a mistake in my...
    Airtel Dish Tv - Service Is to bad from customer care
    I have problem of Error Code 001 in the screen from...
    Indian Air Force AFRO PENSION WING - Pension
    Sir, I am ex sgt manoj kumar singh.my Date of...
    SSC - Not get registration number and password
    After registering have not get. Registration number and...