Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Jul 5, 2012

Deduction of Balance without permission

I have airtel connection with me. Airtel has deducted my balance by activating services like hello tunes , follow the stars without checking with me and without my confirmation. After calling to their call center, the lady told me that I will get my balance immediately. I asked her the case number of conversation but she told that once call complete , i'll get the case id through SMS. BUT NEIGTHER I GOT BALANCE REVERTED TO ME NOR THE CASE ID TO CLAIM FOR FURTER QUERIES.

This is very pathatic and airtel is cheating with customers. I request te readers to switch to otehr service provider as soon as possible.

Ajay- 9860240413

Jul 5, 2012

Number Portability issue

I have requested to number portability for 3 number on 19th June 2012, on same day I have cleared my bill.
After some day on 29th June 2012, out of 3 number 2 number get ported to requested service provider, 1 was not.
Then I called to customer care, they said, it will get ported by 5 July 2012, Again I called on 4th July to customer care, they said, beacsue you are using that number and your outstanding bill is 300, so they have closed my request, without informing me and it will not get ported.
Now you need to pay the outstanding bill then request again.
My bill date in 8 of every month, so even my bill is also not yet generated

Jun 30, 2012

Customer Care

This is Arup.I had given a call on The Airtel customer care dept . on 1st July 2012, but no one answered the call.Hence I had to disconnect it.The second time is the call of mine was recieved with an Opening "Sir Aapka problem batyeaga ya nahi".I told my issue that the Free GPRS validity was not showing.The Customer Care Executive answered "Sir isme main kya kar sakta hu".I answered him that when am giving an USSD call on *123*7# the Results comes to the Free Balance but the Validity is not visible.The Customer care executive answered that "Sir naya sim me aisa prob hota hai aap phir se try kare".I answered him that I was trying since past 5 th 6 days the problem is the same & moreover this is not a new sim as am using it since past 2 years & asked to take a Complaint regarding the issue.The Customer Care Executive answered "Sir ye sab ke liye koi Complaint nahi hota".The answer againg given by the customer care executive was "kisne bataya ki ye purana sim hai aap anpe sim ka Activation date batayeh".
My simple question to Airtel Dept. Are these the statement that are taught by the Airtel Trainers or should a Frontline Desk use these sentences.I want a resolution ASAP or in future I will not go for airtel nor will I refer any of my Friends or Family members.
My contact No is 9326959224
Alternate No is 9766637598

Jun 30, 2012

Complaint against wrong bill ( Mo no. 7387005486 )

Hi Sunil,

I was using Airtel 3G datacard plan of 5G free usages (mobile no.7387005486). For the month of may i received a bill of ammount Rs. 4494.
It seems there is a problem in your system which is generating wrong information of data usage. I have reported this to Airtel on 17 May 2012 (You can check with intraction ID in your system).
They said they will check and revert back but no response came from their side,and next month I received bill of amount.. for the month of May
then i recieved a bill for the month of May 2012 saying Bill ampunt as Rs. 4494.

With reference to the following messages there is a problem in your system which is tracking data usages.
Content:
Your approximate 3G Data usage as on 17/05/2012 is 4899.63 MB. This excludes monthly charges and discounts. Actual data usage will reflect in your next bill.
Time: 5/17/2012 7:39:59 PM
Number: AD-Service
Content:
Internet data usage on your airtel mobile no.7387005486 as on 16-MAY has exceeded 2999MB which is 59% of your allocated data usage.To upgrade your pack,SMS 3G to 121
Time: 5/17/2012 6:17:26 PM
Content:
You have consumed 4831838521 Bytes and have crossed 90percent of your Data limit.""
Time: 5/15/2012 8:30:12 PM
Number: AD-SERVICE
Content:
Your 3G data usage as on 11-May is 2.58 GB which is 52 % of your total available free usage. If you wish to upgrade your pack, SMS 3G to 121.
Time: 5/12/2012 5:33:40 PM
Content:
You have consumed 4294967959 Bytes and have crossed 80percent of your Data limit.""
Time: 5/9/2012 7:18:18 PM
Content:
Your approximate 3G Data usage as on 03/05/2012 is 1728.73 MB. This excludes monthly charges and discounts. Actual data usage will reflect in your next bill.
Time: 5/3/2012 7:10:41 PM

I communicated to your person(cusotomer care ) on phone on 3 Jun then on 6 Jun then on 12 Jun unfortunatly no solution has been provided to me and they just check bill not the system.

Above one was for the month of May.

All the limits were crossed when i received information of data usage for the month of JUN (3 Jun 2012)

For your kind information Billing date for the month of Jun starts from 2 Jun (Saturday) 2012.

Jun 3 2012 i recieved a massage at 10: 24 am in the morning saying that Your approximate 3G Data usage as on 03/06/2012 is 4840.83 MB. On saturday i am sure i have hardly browsed for 1 hour or less.

That should be arround 80 MB max.
I have question to you.
1) What is the speed of datacard provided to me.2) Data Card provided to me Can we download 5 GB of data in 1 hour or less.

Reference messages:-
==============================================================================================================================
Content:
Your approximate 3G Data usage as on 03/06/2012 is 4840.83 MB. This excludes monthly charges and discounts. Actual data usage will reflect in your next bill.
Time: 6/3/2012 10:24:06 AM

Also on a serious Note, i have been receving calls on my mobile from the guys who have allegedly saying that they belong to legal department and they are talking on behalf of Airtel.They talk to me in a very rude manner which is very harssing for me.

Request you to please look into the matter and take some effective action on action issue.

Tej Dixit

Jun 26, 2012

Validity Recharge

Airtel customer Service is pathetic.I have been trying to connect the Customer care for more than an hour but no one picked up my call.But I get a confirmation message stating "Thank you for calling the help desk."

I am using a friends card for more than 4 years.I have to make a validity recharge.I have not yet received a message increasing the validity.I did try to search Internet but I was unable to find any on your website.Also the local shopkeeper says it is number specific.

So can you please hep me on urgent basis.

Hope this request falls on the deaf years of pathetic Airtel Customer Care.

Jun 22, 2012

Unwanted Marketing sms

Im recieving unwanted sms by names Like TD-MGINGR, and other portal.
I have already registered for DND servise.

Jun 19, 2012

customer service

Please can someone help me from the inconvenience that i face every alternate day due to the services from Airtel...firstly the customer care is pathetic and they dont want to help customer for which they get their salary every month...They dont even understand what they say and doesnt know what needs to be done...secondly they disconnect calls...We pay to speak to them but Airtel is not bothered...They make false promises and take away our money..We dont get the service that we pay for...Can something be done about my complaint or is it just waste of time????

Jun 18, 2012

Fraud:- Wrong Bill Generated ( Given wrong Plan )

I have taken this corporate connection from Airtel.He has activated a wrong plan for my number ( 8600046457) .After 7 days I got a call from Airtel Customer care regarding my plan details , then I realized that they have activated a wrong plan for my number.I enquired with the person who has given me this plan , he showed me the form and the same plan which i demanded for was written on the sheet which i signed. He made my plan change and told me that the issue is resolved and the bill will get generated according to . my new plan. But, after few days when the bill got generated , it was according to my previous plan. I raised the concern again with them on Emails and on mobile . But they didn't replied . Then one of their employees told me to pay the present bill and from next bill cycle your issue will get resolve. But, after getting the next bill they have added the extra amount along with the late fees. They are not replying on calls and also my emails.

I have the detail of the person who gave me this connection along with the Emails copy.
Its been more than 1 month I am fighting for the solution. The amount the have cheated on me is more than 500 Rs.

Please help me out with my issue.Below are the details mentioned about my plan.

Plan applied for:- bill plan charges super value cug 349 plan

Wrong plan activated by your side :- bill plan charges -super saver 349 cug plan

I want you take the necessary actions as soon as possible.

Daman Singh Malik
mobile:- +91-8600046457
email:- [email protected]

3 Times more than the usual bill

I,Lata Jashnani, being a 3 G customer, Am having a lot of inconvenience with your services recently.
I ve been using the service since December,2011. I ve taken a 4 GB Plan with the approximate bill of Rs.850 / - (Approx). But this month the bill amount was 3 times more than the usual bill,i.e. Rs.2,500 (Approx). We had gone to the N.I.B.M Branch in Kondwa,Pune. They were not ready to listen also.
Please rectify this problem and revert back.

Thanking You,

Jashnani

paid for 3g and getting 2g speed

Hi my name is Rakesh Khatri and my no. is 9970070004 I have recharged of rs 1500 for 3g activation on 23th may and from 28th may I M getting 2g speed.I have complained 7 times and called 25 to 30 times still no response.I think there is some problem with airtel 3g network tower that they don't want tell me.Many people are facing this kind of problem.I M using airtel from last 6 years but now I think vodafone is the best choice.So I want my money back as soon as possible or else I will make a police report.

Jun 10, 2012

deduction of money

Dear Sir/Madam

I am not interested to take this kind of step but Airtel one of INDIAN leading service provider forced me due to their quality of service.From last 20 days I had requested them please deactivate Airtel Talkies also I had called 5 to 6 times for the same but till date no action taken by Airtel.Daiky deduction is going on. What should I do?

Please advise.

Jun 9, 2012

balance gayab

till date i've not received my detailed statement of consumption, and gayab bal money in last 1+ years ???

Neel

Jun 7, 2012

dth not working from 4days

dth not working from 4 days and tired calling the call center but not yet they have resolved the problem.
i call them everyday and they say give us 24hours to resolve the problem and more over company like Air-tel don't have new set top box to replace the old faulty once .
totally tired and the same problem had occurred few months back and the same story has repeated again

May 31, 2012

Recovery Agent doing mental harassment even if bill paid

I did mobile number portability (MNP) last month from AIRTEL and accordingly the number is ported to VODAFONE. I got SMS for bill due from AIRTEL and I paid the amount immediately within 4 days after getting the message. Bil number is 62347 and paid in cash to one of airtel office.

But after paying the bill I am still getting the phone calls from AIRTEL Recovery to pay the amount, MY MOBILE NUMBER IS IN DO NOT DISTURB LIST and still I am getting phone from them even I paid the amount. I used AIRTEL for more than 5 years and I paid the bills before due and this time also I paid amount in time. One of my friend is also getting the phone and they are telling him to make a POLICE COMPLAINT if bill not paid.

This is really disgusting and not tolerable. So I want to log complaint against AIRTEL RECOVERY.

This time I got a call from 9730748484 using some abuse words.

Rajendra
+91 9860596651

May 28, 2012

Refund of Airtel DTH connection

I had requested for an Airtel DTH connection at my below flat address, by paying Rs.1440/- on 06th Sept 2011.

T24, Flat No. 601, Amanora, Hadapsar, Pune – 411013.
Product Id is 8025

On 23rd Sept, 2011, I received an email from [email protected] stating that installation is not possible in my area due to "signal problem" and that they have put my case in refund process.

Even after repeated reminders, I have not received the refund.

May 24, 2012

Got missed call from +923057884251

I got missed call from +923057884251. country code may be Pakistan. Please check.

May 14, 2012

balance deduction due to airtel unrequested service activation

i am air tel customer,
having cell phone No. 9975763981,since from Feb. 2012 every day my balance get deducted by Rs.2 Every day,
i come to know that thing at Month of May, i ask to customer care he told one service is activated for your mobile ,and after some investigation it was
found that the service was activated by air tel boy own without my request or permission ,
i told them for refund my balance complete,they initially committed to give all balance refund ,
but after that they have given me just Rs30 balance refund,
please do something for air tel misbehavior to every customer?

May 13, 2012

Prepaid Plan Chnage

My mobile no is 9960995097. I have been using Airtel since last 5 or 6 years. On 27 April my prepaid card validity was expired. after that on 28 April i had recharged for Rs.110 for 1 year validity. From that time my prepaid plan sudden got changed and even i did not have got 1 year validity also.

My pervious Plan -
Airtel - Airtel 10 paise anytime
Airtel - Other 40 paise anytime
STD 60 paise anytime

SMS -

Airtel -Airtel 10 paise
Airtel - other 20 paise

I have called customer care asking about plan change, Their answer is like you are failed to recharge before expiry date thats why your plan got changed and your previous plan is cancelled and there is no way to resume the previous plan again.

As my previous plan is cancelled, though daily Rs.1 is getting deducted from balance.

What kind of Rule is this that you need to recharge before expiry date even your card validity is not expired. If not then your plan will get cancelled.

I want to resume to my previous plan. For this plan only I am not switching to postpaid or any other service Provider.
I have not received any SMS or Call about plan change.
Please look into this matter and Resume my previous plan.
Please resolve this as soon as possible.

Pravin Mahajan

May 9, 2012

Airtel mobile Blocked from 8th May 2012

The Head officer of Airtel
Sir/Madam,
Myself Nilesh Kalamkar and my mobile no is 9890628208(Prepaid connection). I am using this mobile from past 4 years, my all outgoing and incoming services are stopped. Whenever I called from the same number there is one recorded message says that I did not submitted necessary documents to the Airtel. I understand it is mandatory from the Government of India but as per my knowledge I had submitted all necessary documents when I bought this connection. I also underwent cross checking of these documents before couple of years.

At least they should have to informed me before stopping my connection.

There is already 180 Rs balance and i don't want to change the service from Prepaid to Postpaid I request you please resume my services or let me know what are the further action/escalation that i need to do for resuming the services.

Your obidently
Nilesh Kalamkar

May 1, 2012

Pathetic Customer Service

My AirTel number is +919890822292. Recently, I have top up my number with Rs30 and after sometime Rs10 from my account got deducted. I called Customer Service and was told by one of the poor customer service agent that they have lodged a complaint and soon I’ll be receiving a call from Supervisor. Finally, I received a call and again I have to explain her entire story and as usual she was fake and if you call listen to that call, she promised and assured me that in the next 4 Hours I’ll be receiving the credit. However, after couple of hours I again call Customer Service and I was told that “SIR, YOU WILL BE RECEIVING THAT AMOUNT ON 1ST OF MAY”.... I was surprised, I told that gentlemen that I was promised that the amount will get credit in the next 4 hours.

Anyways, It was my fault that I trust AirTel so I waited till 1st of May which is today and called the Poor Customer Service Company once again to know how much time does it take for them to credited 9 RUPESS... tell u what I was again told that just now we have lodge your complain and again I have to wait for a call from the Supervisor.

I would appreciate if someone from the management could look into this issue and sort it out as soon as possible. I’m gonna wait till tomorrow evening and if I did not received my money, I’m gonna change my network from AirTel to Vodafone.

Apr 30, 2012

failing in giving service & harasment for payment

Poor Mobile Network and Tricky Harassment forcing bill payment
i got call from rohan khanna 7891878274, harrising me to pay the due within 1 hr if not arrest warrant from delhi will be issued .i vil be under remand for 6 months and fine of rs 280000 /- .

i am mayur from pune .the case is against my airtel ll 020 41315436 . faling for my complaints & services i send many emails.complains to customer care againts cross connections n disturbance .when my number was not in use nor the services the incomming calls were of diffrent number.inspite of many complains n no response i gave complaint to disconnect the connection but they failed too in it and then after 2 months without notice.without bill issue directly i m receivng calls against mr rohan khanna .statement " i m rajiv chaudhary from police head quoter delhi, u r issued arrest warrant for 2 days n u will be handed over to new delhi court then u will be for 6 months in jail, againts pennalty of
rs 2, 80000 /- u will be releifed..getting continuse calls n follows up for payment its totaly wronge and illegal .too much harasment i was totaly tensed n frusted .please call me 9762050209 if any of can u help me plz .will take action agns this fraud

Apr 18, 2012

nnp is not activated

date 1-4-2012 i was send port 8600180071 and airtel give me a port id and i was gon the distbuter and i was purchase a new uninor sim
i was to go airtel to uninor company but airtel agen agen tell me ur nnp prosider is under proses but my uninor card not act sir plz
take a strick action airtel company
Dhiraj Malkari

Apr 13, 2012

PATHETIC SERVICE

AIRTEL IS THE MOST PATHETIC SERVICE IN PUNE AND APART FROM THAT, THEY ACTIVATE UNNECESSARY SERVICES ON THE MOBILE AND CHARGE YOU FOR THAT DAILY.Tried to CALL cu they dont respond properly and no refund is processed nor are the services deactivated...THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE..

Apr 10, 2012

service activated but did not get amount

New Airtel service got activated on my number but Rs.60 is not credited yet.

I got a call from the number: 011-41596654

He promised me to give Rs.60. For the first month, the provided service is free. And for the next two months, he promised to give me Rs.60 as compensation against the daily rental.

I got a call on 07/04/2012 (DD/MM/YYYY) at 11:56 AM.

Please revert back.

Gaurav

Apr 10, 2012

Unneccessary unbilled amount and Wrong verification

1. I took a postpaid airtel sim and didn't use it mostly . after 1 week i checked unbilled amount and it was 646 i was shocked and thought to wait untill i get the bill and next day i got message that my mobile was having roaming services enabled which is actually enabled for all services so that if we get out of maharashtra roaming must be on. but here i never went out of pune but they charged me 646 for roaming services.

2. in same days 1 person came to my house and verified my address and even i recieved message that my address verification is done. but they cancelled outgoing services in my mobile for 10 days , even now my outgoing service is not enabled . I dont know what this guys are making mess with.