Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Mar 3, 2012

Airtel prepaid outgoing call details

I am using airtel company's prepaid connection with no. 9867557766 and I want to know my incoming & outgoing details for this month (January 2012 & February 2012)
plz send my detail's to my e mail id...

Feb 17, 2012

losing my balance per days

my mobile no. 9004735817 pls unsub any service my phone i lost 1/- or 2/-days charge pls deactive any service

Jan 28, 2012

Services not disconnected and wrongly charged

Hello Team Airtel,

I had requested cancellation of my landline service 022 40126229 on the 8th of Jan 12. service request no 10028380

However i have received a bill of the amount Rs 516 and when called your service desk the service is so lousy that the
a) agent disconnected the call
b) Didnt give any conversation number
c) Also mentioned that services are active yet and hence i am billed
d) Refused to give any transaction number or number associated to todays discussion

Ideally this service should be cancelled by around 10th of Jan-12 as i had already confirmed it when Airtel called me back for confirmation. Please get back to me immediately with a resolution or else i wont mind taking Airtel to consumer court for a petty Rs 200 dispute.

Details of the last agent i spoke are Sunil- Malad time -1235Pm Date 28th Jan-2012
I understand i am liable to do a final payment however the bill i have received is a monthly bill and not final closure bill.

Jan 8, 2012

Misleading information by Customer service Dept

I am a Post Pay user bearing No 9967532257, 9967100457 and 9967100475. I wanted to port my numbers to a different service provider due the Coverage Issue with 'Airtel' for a long time as no resolution was provided after repeated calls. So I sent a request for the Unique Port Code (UPC) on 18/12/2011. I got the codes on all 3 nos but when I called the customer service, I was informed I cannot use those codes unless I pay my bills. I wasted around 3 hours to know why my bills were shown a outstanding as I had paid all my bills on time and had even got a confirmation for the person I spoke to, that it was a system error that the bills were not reflecting on the system (For the First Number). Then I recd a call from Airtel on 2312/2011 requesting me, not to use the Pot code. The person told me that I will receive a call from the Technical team as they are looking into the matter. I waited for the call, but have not heard from them till date. In the due course the validity of the UPC expired (02/01/2012). When I called back on 08/01/2012 (Sunday) to get another UPC, I was provided with various misleading information by Mr. Jagdish from the Customer Srevice Dept. When I asked for his supervisor he hungup on me. then I called back and spoke to Mr. Vipul at the Customer Service dept. I asked the contact details for the Nodal Officer, the person (Vipul) on the other end gave me the details. When asked about the working hours for the Nodal officer, the person told me I can contact the Nodal any time (24X7). Eventually when I called the Nodal Officer's number it reached the Voice mail, stating can contract them only from Monday to Friday. It's a shame that the people in the Contract Centre don't have proper Product and Process knowledge. The call dropped thrice while speaking the the Customer Service Dept and I had to call again and again, had to wait in long ques to get connected to the customer service, again explain the complete scenario again and again as no noted were left on the system by the earlier people I spoke to, I wasted my valuable time in this process and finally got through the Escalation desk. I spoke to Miss. Depali (for the 2nd time as the call dropped while speaking to her for the 1st time) who told me a new story. She told me that I was contacted by Airtel on 23/12/2011 by Mr. Vaibhav from the 'Retention and Cancellation Dept' as my complaint was in regards to the Network issue. She stated that Mr. Vaibhav in his notes has mention that 'The customer's network problem is resolved and customer has agreed to stay with Airtel and as a goodwill gesture the customer was provided a 'FREE MISSED CALL ALERT SERVICE for 2 months. This was a surprise for me as I have not agreed to any such resolution. I asked for the CALL RECORDING for that day i.e. 23/12/2012. I was told by Miss. Depali from the Escalation desk that, in order to get the recording I have to make a formal complaint at [email protected](Hope this info given to me correct).I tried to open the site in vain. Then I got a link to this site for complaints, hence registering my grievances here. I hope they will be answered.

Milind V, Parab
K-101 Yashraj Park,
Kasarvadavli, ghodbunder Road,
Thane (W) - 400607

Jan 4, 2012

Not getting benifits for Certain Recharges

I'm Nandan U D, my Mobile number is 9766553371, an Airtel Prepaid connection. I had done a e-recharge of Rs. 27 for making all STD calls 40ps/min on 31/12/2011 at 05:54pm and my transaction ID is 940957552. Still now I'm not getting any benefit of the recharge. Whenever I call the customer care and ask for a proper solution they says 'We will contact you with in an hour'. There is no response from them. This is not the first time I'm getting such a response from them. I had faced the same problem regarding the same recharge of Rs. 27 which I had done on 18/11/2011 at 04:45pm (Transaction ID is 799766840).

Please consider this complaint and take necessary action.

Thanking You!

Nandan U D

Dec 23, 2011

POOR SERVICE NOT ALLOWING ME FOR PORTABILITY

I am not happy with the services of Bharti Airtel Prepaid want to convert in Vodafone.
But they are neither allowing me nor getting any replies from them.
I am trying to call customer care so many times first not able to contact, if get connected no one able to help me.

I am realy frustrated with all this.

My cell No : 9967415012.
Name : Hardik Nagar

Kindly help me to resolve this problem. I want to convert into some other better service provider.

Dec 23, 2011

Bill after disconnection

This is regarding my Airtel Number 9004375798

I asked for complete outstanding at the airtel gallery on 13.10.2011 at 15:00 for closure of my account.

I was told that the complete outstanding is Rs.1012.00
I made the payment by card.
I was told that we have taken in your request for closure and the needfull will be done.
A service request number was given to me for closure 40074692

Why can the company not close the account immediately after payment?

I received a bill from airtel for a period of 11.10.2011 to 10.11.2011 (For a period when the number is closed)
I am told that I have to pay Rs. 1012 for a bill dated 12.10.2011

The usage charges in the bill are as follows
Call charges Rs. 0
Value added charges Rs. 0
Roaming Rs. 0
Bill period charges Rs. 174 (What is a bill period charge? how can company incur costs for a closed account)
Taxes Rs. 17.4
previous balance Rs.819 (how can I have previous balance when I have asked for complete amount to pay on the 13.10.2011 at the airtel gallery and made the payment?)

I am receiving harrasment calls for payment.

I do not mind paying this amount but there is no garuntee that the account has been closed still.
I shall make a payment only when I get a letter saying that your account is closed.

The company is not suffering any losses due to me as the usege for the phone usage is and was always 0. The charges they are claiming are only rentels for a period when they should have shut the phone.
Even if they want to claim a previous balance, it is only for rentals. This card was bought for data purposes and it never worked. every time it would say please activate the network.
I had bought the card for business purposes and to use the internet on the go, but the services were horrible and never got data conncetion in any of the Metros as prolaimed in the advertisement by the company. In fact I have suffered losses due to bad service.
Hence I had decided to close the account.

Please advise for aproper closure. I do not mind putting a case in the consumer court for fraudulent behavior and cheating.
User321987

Dec 17, 2011

PORTABILITY REQUEST

my airtel mobile number is 9970011868. I am using air tel mobile 9970011868 from last four year. I decided to go with other mobile service provider. because from 1st december 2011 airtel changed my prepaid plan automatically without any notification. and now they added my both 2 airtel number in reject list. airtel has rejected my port out request. i have right to change my service provider without changing number but on 16 december airtel rejected vodafone request. if you doesn't solve my problem i will take legal action on airtel.

Your faithfully
YOGESH CHOUDHARI
DATE -18/12/2011

Aug 13, 2011

Excess Bill of 3G

Normal use of 2 g is 100 approx per month, when converted to 3 g bill is inflated to 1500 and despite stoppagge of service I again got bill of 3000 next month.

This is competely fraud.

A H Haider

Aug 13, 2011

Address Verification not done & service disconnected

Dear Airtel,

My name is Darshan Ashar my no. is 9967134973, I have purchase new no on 31st July 2011 that time my no was activated, but afterwards my no is block due to address not proper, Please note your SIM card i have received at my home & your Representative was give to me but your Verification officer was not find out my home, Please not if you not given service properly so don't commit to customer. Please note if you not start my out going call so close my connection. I don't want this type faltu service.

Darshan Ashar

Aug 8, 2011

No Range

I have been using Airtel sim card from last 5 years.
I am very happy with my plan and service given by airtel.

I am leaving in Airoli Sector 20 and Currently I have shifted in airoli itself (its just 200m away from previous apartmet) but in my apartmet there is no range for airtel sim.

What would be the problem and Could you do something for this?

I dont either want to change the no or switch to another Mobile Service Provider.

Mobile No : 9960995097

Jul 23, 2011

mobile details

Please give me details of airtel cell no. 9890100533.

Please do the needful.

Naresh.

Jul 23, 2011

NO REFUND AND NO RESPONSE

This is regarding the complaint which i lodge on 13th of this month. There has been no reply from the airtel customer team for the refund amount. Now its been 25 days, as they have commited that they would refund me the amount within 8-9 working days. Now i am simply wasting my money calling the call centres and writing mail during my office hours.

Please let me know where i can approach them legally, or i request consumer forum team to penalize them for the same. My contact details is already mentioned in my first complaint section.

Biju Chowdhary

Jul 21, 2011

Breach of confidentiality by the mobile service provider

I am subscriber to mobile phone services of Airtel for last ten years having mobile No.9890079457.Regularly there is to some messages of promotional ads. from different vendors which was ignored by me as the same belonged to Indian companies. However, on 18.07.2011 I received a message from one Jack Bernard informing that on the basis of draw conducted on mobile numbers my number has won 500,000 GBP. I was also asked to give my personal details on e.mail address [email protected] with contact number +447017037899.I am fully aware that this is a fraud scheme.
the message was repeated on 20.07.2011. Most irritating was the missed call originating from Pakistan having number +923443824466. In the light of frauds being committed on unsuspecting citizens as well as terror activities conducted by Pakistan based jihadis on Indian soil, it becomes more disturbing how come the mobile phone numbers are obtained by unknown persons.

Jul 21, 2011

2 Missed call from +923436913641

Yesterday 20th JUL 2011 ,I received two missed calls from international number +923436913641.
From complaints on net I came to know that this is no from Pakistan.I am surprised how they got my no & why they are giving miss call to people? Please guide & resolve in the sense block such numbers.

Pravin Bambal
Thane(w)-Pokharan-1

Jul 19, 2011

Intra calling not activated on my 4 Airtel Numbers

As committed, I have not been offered the Intra-calling facility on my 4 Airtel numbers : 9867316381, 9892655662, 9867152025and 9892875431.

I was offered the following plan with more benefits as follows:

a) All 4 numbers would have intra-calling amongst them absolutely free
b) For first two months, a waiver of the rental on all 4 connections
c) 10 local/national msgs daily free on all Airtel numbers
d) 300 local as well STD mins free every month to any mobile/landline number in India
e) CUG Plan Win 149 to be activated effective 1sty June 2011
f) 200 local mins free for 2 months on all 4 Airtel numbers

However, the commitment is not met yet. I have been trying to make the Airtel CC team understand but everytime I'm told a new story and a new process. Can anyone in the Airtel team would try to retain a customer snce 8 years like me with no default payments.

I'm looking forward to action on this ASAP.

Harish

Jul 17, 2011

Non Working of Moblie

Mobile Number has not worked from 11 AM 11th July 11 to 16PM 17th July 2011 during the Delhi Visit for the expanding the businesses in the City. i have already inform to Airtel to activate the National Roaming for the same but ot has Barred by Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011

Bill Payment

My name is chittaranjan more, my contact no is 7738143202 . my complaint is i got some calls from airtel collection team from punjab. exe name is Mohit. from last 4/5 days he is calling me & harassing me to pay my pending bill. however i have launch complaint in customer care team that they have charged mr for those services which i have not used. now this guy calling on my colleagues no's & threaten them for my payment. which was totally illegal . they dont have authority to access my calling account.
so pls help me in this case,
Chittaranjan More

Jul 12, 2011

3G Internet Usage on my mobile

From past few days I have been literally tortured with Airtel customer services. I had initially requested for my June months bill to be cross checked (Service Request No. 38220649) as the 3G internet usage charges was not correct as per my understanding.

Even in the last month I had to face similar problem where I had to contact Airtel regarding my 3G charges which was later on adjusted from my bill.

I got the resolution from your Billing Team that the internet usage shown on my bill is correct which I did not agree to and in frustration I requested for my number to be cancelled.

Couple of days later I got a call from Retention Team giving the same resolution and also promising that they will check and get back to me next day by 5.00PM.

Instead of their call on Friday, 08th July 2011 I was surprised to notice that my mobile has been suspended and was asked to visit Airtel Relationship Centre with NOC letter to reactivate the services.

I have been customer of Airtel for more than 6 years and this is the service I get for using four Airtel postpaid numbers.

There is no confirmation from anyone before suspending the services.

I am still having the same issue with the 3G internet charges included in my last months bill and the due date is nearing.

Can I please have a resolution for this issue before the due date or else I would not pay my bill on time which I have been doing from last so many years.

I wish to stop using 3G services as there are no regular alerts from Airtel on the usage and it becomes difficult to justify at the end of the month.

Dheeraj

Jul 7, 2011

Customer Service

My customer care service is stopped every now & then by your executives. I want some information from your side then how should i take it. Even complaint number is blocked.
My name is VarunKumar Mishra. My number is 9096158034.

Varun Kumar Mishra

Jul 1, 2011

Airtel TV Setup Box

From Monday (13-06-2011) I am contacting on Airtel customer care helpline 18001028080 to solve Technical error but no one providing any solution. I call them for atleast 30Itimes in this week but every time they commit to send engineer on same or next day. But fact is that no one visited my home untill 20-06-11. And after visiting on 20-01-11 they installed old and defected piece of setup box. Again I start calling and registring my call to customer care and also at the same time I am calling there Nodal officer Mr. K Rao. But the responce and service I am getting is entirly unsatisfactory. Even for the period when there is signal problem, airtel deducted my account at the rate of Rs. 9 per day.
One request no. which is registered is 9102873.
Now on today they instaled new setup box again.
For the same i already in advance deposit Rs. 350 in my account. As you see there no delay from my side but the way Airtel giving service is unsatisfactory.

Error code Id B001 in the set up box
Current address
Flat No. 21, Bldg No. 11, vijay Vilas, Ghodbunder Road, thane West

I had invested atleast 5 to 6 hrs in talking to solve the problem, it causes some where Rs 10000 to me as my time invested in solving the problem.

Please do the judgement ..

vikram
User194121

Jun 23, 2011

Bill not delivered

I wanted to conclude my relationship with Airtel and opted to Port out. The final settlement bill was requested by me. I have been following up for my bill copy for number 9967654710 which would have got generated on Jun 6th and due on Jun 24th. But till today (Jun 23rd) there is no bill copy. I received a request number as 37900303 on jun 10th mentioning the bill will be delivered to me by max Jun 20th. However, there is no bill received since this email reply.

As I have opted to port out from Airtel, they are harassing me by calling min 6-7 times a day for payment of the bill amount. But I have asked them a bill copy that is not yet made available to me. When checked with the Relationship center, they don't give a copy and talk rudely. I think they have forgotten that they are working in a RELATIONSHIP Center and expected to build good relationship with the customers.

I had raised the concern through email to their Nodal Office which proved to be a waste of time.

- Rajesh J

Jun 20, 2011

Airtel

I want to block my airtel number and i am trying from the morning but their is no
response from airtel people whether they are interested in business or not i dont no
i suggest them to close their company and do some other business which is suitable to them

Jun 13, 2011

Postpaid CUG Bill Plan

It has been a hell out of experience with Airtel Customer Service this time. I was promised to be given a WIN CUG 149 Plan activated by 1st June on my 4 Airtel mobile numbers however the promise was not kept for my Airtel number 9867152025. I would have requested them to resolve this issue by sending atleast 20 e-mails and double the number of calls. However, there has been no resolution given.

Hope, through this I may be able to reach the higher authorities and get what I wanted.

Harish

Jun 13, 2011

Defficiency in service

My name is Rahul P. Hotwani. Cricket pack service was activated by Airtel, without any intimation and the balance of Rs. 20 was deducted for the same. Airtel refuses to pay these Rs. 20.
Rahul

SUN MUSIC - Fast music
    It's very irritating to hear songs in 2x speed....
    Ward valaunteer - Harrasment
    I V Noor mahammad residing at kadiri town. My elder...
    Bharat Gas - NON DELIVERY OF REFILL CYLINDER
    I am a consumer of Bharat Gas. my regd. mobile no. is...
    Valsad collector office - Hospitals not accepting patients
    Respected Sir On 26/03/2020 Thursday Evening my wife had...
    usha stitch magic machine - Fabric is not moving
    Dear There, Product - Stitch magic Mobile no....
    AIRTEL NETWORK PROBLEM - Network airtel
    Worst internet speed. I am trying to complaint airtel...
    http://tnvelaivaaippu.gov.in/Empower - change the degree
    I have entered wrongly my qualification degree so i want...
    Street Dogs - Street dogs
    Street dogs Sir, we are staying in ganesh vari street...
    Unknown - Ripitative and abusive calls
    Ripitative and abusive call
    Reliancejioinfocomm. [email protected] - Recharge nahi hua
    9389423254 par Rs555 jio plan jio site se recharge kiya...