Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Nov 22, 2012

disconnection of landline

I had been using an airtel broadband service and the connection was in the name of Sandeep Kumar Singh. I have shifted residence and had sent a mail for disconnection. I even paid a the bill balance of about ₹400. I had even called up the customer care and updated them about my disconnection request. As asked by the customer care i have even submitted a hard copy of my initial request for disconnection at the nearest Airtel office. However i still keep getting calls at all times even at 10pm at times.
i have reached the end of my patience and really dont know how to go about it. I just want an end to these phone calls

Oct 8, 2012

Charging for a disconnected broadband connection

I had an airtel broadband connection. The no. was 03340676327. I disconnected the services on January. I have also made the full and final settlement for the service by paying Rs 550 at the Airtel store in Saltlake, City Centre, Kolkata. The receipt no. is 25-21858438. The executive at the Airtel store told that I wont get any calls/ bills regarding this any more. But still, bills are being generated and being sent at my address, and one or the other executive is calling me for the payment. They are asking me if they should send someone to collect the payment. Even they sent a person twice at my address. I raised a complaint calling the airtel customer care, talking to senior executives. They said it will be sorted out and it wont get any calls/ bill from their side further. Even after this, I am receiving calls and bills. Please take necessary action against Airtel to get this problem sorted out. This is ridiculous that they treat their customer in this manner. And its a nuisance to call their customer care to raise a complain again, because their executives are the worst in the country. They neither understand Hindi/ English.

Sep 30, 2012

cheating nd misleading services

number of problems

1) I had 3g balance of 500 mb but was debarred from selecting 3g network by airtel.. i called 198(airtel complaint dept) to report about it to which they said a complaint has been taken and it will be solved within 2 days but in vain i found out that d complaint hasn't been solved and even they have blocked d complaint dept from my number... its 20 days now and still d problem persists to which airtel customer care is giving no response ..

2) i recharged rs 39 sms pack which was to give me 1000 national sms for 30 days but to my notice i didn't get any sms pack rather was provided a call rate reducing pack giving 1p/2s local call rates.. i didn't need this call rate reduction pack but was forced to accept it.. the customer care was not responding to this issue and rather he was telling me its my fault(the complaint dept is still blocked)

my name - Siddhant Agarwal
my airtel number - 9635770268

please provide help i am in let of trouble and airtel cheated my money

Sep 22, 2012

BALANCE DISPUT

My Airtel mobile number is 9831935833, yestarday i have done 250/-(trans id:1747708780) recharge but no balance are showing in my main a/c so i enquery your call center they told me this is a "money offer" recharge but my mobile number is not registered in "money offer" scheme so why the recharge balance transfer to 3g scheme? and also i inform you that my mobile device not supported 3g internet and i dont wants use any 3g connection so please send balance in my mobile number 9831935833 againts this recharge 250/-(trans id:1747708780).

My Recharge details are:

Subhas Das
9831935833 / 8961805485

Sep 12, 2012

MISLEADING

With due respct to all .,I would like to bring to ur kind notice tht being such a longtime & loyal customer to airtel...i was mislead by the entire airtel services providers... its highly disgracefull & insulting for my own dignity..it started frm the month of may 2012 wherein i had called the cust care ppl seeking help in terms of roaming plan coz i was gng to out of to sm othr state fr roaming...i was told abt the plan 225 whc is going to b the best plan for roaming including messags in less rate as asked..i agreed to get into tht plan..after i came out of kol..i paid my frst bill after being on roaming whic was of rs 746..next month i gt a bill of rs 4393,...i called cust care asking why ths bill is so high..it was told to me very rudely tht itw as bcoz the plan was chnaged....to a normal plan..i told them i nvr authorised anyone to chnage my plan wen m still in romaing & which made the bill so high to tht extent..i wanted to speak to a manager...they said managers busy will call within 2 hrs..i gv my alt no...no body called...i called back again..thr was again a confirmation agan to me tht the manager will call bcak...no one called..i kept calling the cust care...no proper resp..now in sept..i hv gt an info tht these ppl hv approached my home harasing my parents stating abt the money..i spoke to the tht person who made me speak to the manager..i hv tried expalining but the manager was only concrened abt the payment frm me, was only stressing on tht..not ready to realise tht wht i hv gone thru...today seeing to all this problems which i was nt able to take anymore..i agreed to pay teh roaming charges for rs 6742....& required fr a written conformation frm them...which after so much of talks i gt....i paid n gt the reference no fr payment..its really sad tht these kind of service providers are cheating..pls pls pls dnt trust these ppl evr in life..& request to take any proper action against them...

Sep 12, 2012

miss call by a unknown nubmer

With respec your attention I beg t state that a unknown no +923073737166 in Pakistan/Afganistan miss called me many times.Today at 11.09 a.m it occured again. Please take a step against this no.

thanks n oblige

Airtel Customer.
User820831

Sep 8, 2012

Fake call from Pakistan +92 Airtel

Today I have got missed call in my mobile no. from +923356146130. And there after I call back this number & some said that I have own 25Lakh from Airtel & after that I understand this is fake call. SO I disconnected the line. After that when I am checking my account balance, it is showing low. And for this reason I am not worried.

But one news came some times before in TOI that if anyone call that number, which begins with +92, his SIM will be cloned & all the information of subscriber mobile will be copied to that SIM, where subscriber had called. So I am very much worried about the same, because some useful personal information have in my mobile.

So if you kindly inform me that is it possible to copy & can it be harmful for me in future, I will be obliged to you.
User819680

Sep 6, 2012

worng informatiom & harass

i am a airtel mobile consumer(9903332995).I got a sms from a service producer on 6/09/12,that recharge Rs 50,u get 55 talktime,as i recharge 50 but i can't get the that momy tolktime,also when i am calling service producer 5 time,in every time they told me we have not now right information,your call being transfered to higher authority.but evey time they disconnect call,they weast my money as wel as my time.sir that is not bigher loss but they harass me.i am a educated person thay behave me like this,so what beheve thay show with a uneducated person!
rajesh kedia

Sep 3, 2012

not providing an static ip

this in regard to my new airtel broad band connection no-03340723032,i was committed of getting an static ip for my no.its been more than 15days but i havenot received the same till date.i am only getting assurances from their side instead of getting the ip ,i want to get my money back ,so what needs do be done ,iwant to know. the salesman who committed me of ip within 3 days is mr.gautam(mobile no-09903451064)

Jul 21, 2012

SIM card deactivation

I had been using airtel sim card since Jun 18, 2012 suddenly one day this sim got deactivated. When I complained this to airtel office in Kalyani, they said that sim is not able to activate again, as reason is unknown. Please activate this sim urgently as early as possible.
My phone number was 9007550683.
E-mail: [email protected]

Jul 16, 2012

False Money Claim

This is to inform that I don't have any Airtel Number : 7760307733; I have lost my mobile and did inform to Airtel about the mobile SIM Deactivation but now there are asking me to pay Rs 1755. I have communicated this to Airtel yet they are asking again and again for this.

Contact person they have given as Pavithra on 9900182514.

They are even threating me for this false claims. Please do the needful.

Nirjhar

Jul 10, 2012

illegal deduction of balance

Airtel has made many absurd balance deductions from my mobile but this is new
Today it cuts. 50rs of my account & tells me that I purchased a game supscription now this amount was cut without my acknowledgement of any I agree or buy button then the link took me to a airtel hungama wap site where it shows there are no compatible games to my handset which is outrageous.
First of all I didnt want a damn game now that I pay for it there is no damn game
Please look into this I bet there are other unheard customers involved
I talked to the customercare but sadly there was no careing attitude as always
Thankyou
Anal chakrabarti

May 10, 2012

Disconnected a long time ago, but the company demands money even after 6 months

Hi..I am Subhendu from Kolkata....I took broadband services from Airtel along with a fixed line service on June 2011. After 4 months i sent a mail to them on 13th Oct 2011 requesting for discontinuation of the service. I received their acknowledgement mail on the same day and one reply mail on 15th Oct 2011 saying "As per the telephonic conversation on your mobile number 983****5** ,we would like to inform you that your request for cancellation is registered under the reference number 5***5** and same will be addressed by 7days". I have even cleared the dues in Oct, 2011.
After that I exchanged the service with BSNL. NO AIRTEL LINE WAS ANYMORE EXISTING IN MY HOME. I didn't had airtel broadband as well as airtel fixed line since then.
But I kept getting their monthly bill along with regular phone calls from them demanding the money. When I mentioned about my discontinuation of the services they said "okay, it may not have been updated in our system". Now suddenly they are calling me again and demanding money saying I have dues about Rs. 2000. When I informed them about their reply mail of Oct, 2011 along with reference number of my cancellation of the service, they said that I must have some "Docket Number" but later agreed to give me 19% of rebate on the due amount. But why should I give any money to them as I had received their mail with reference number of my cancellation i.e. my services were discontinued from Oct 2011 ? And how would I know that I need to get "Docket Number" from them as a proof of cancellation ?
They are threatening me now saying that they would go by legal procedures and I agreed on that. Rupees 2000 is not much and I could have given that to them to avoid further hazards but I decided not to give that money to them as after discontinuation how can they demand any money? God knows if many others are suffering just like me.

Apr 21, 2012

INSERT SIM

I HAVE USE MY MOBILE SINCE 3 YRS WITH BSNL HAVING NO. 9477243261 BUT 10 DAYS BACK I HAVE
SWITCH FROM MY BSNL TO AIRTEL WITH SAME NUMBER . I HAVE SUBMITTED ALL MY NECESSARY DOCUMENTS TO YOUR REPRENTATIVE BUT STILL NO CONNECTION IS NOT AVAILABLE. I AM WORKING IN A HOSPITAL. SO PLEASE MAKE IT AS URGENT. IT IS SHOWING NSERT SIM. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL.

Mar 25, 2012

cheated by big fat liars

I took unlimited data plan from airtel. 699 for 2 gb . after which I will be charged 2p/100kb . After using 3.435 gb (Rs.1000) , it will become unlimited and speed will drop around 200kbps-1.1mbps. But I am getting no more than 20 kbps even after using it just for 2 days. Even after calling customer care 5 times and making a round of airtel shop in city center , salt lake , the problem still persists.
Something like this happened to me before with mts cdma connection . I was lied about the speed .
But this time I thought its AIRTEL , so I was confident.
Nevertheless,let down by such a huge company. May hell break loose on you guys.
I saw on my airtel that my charges till now is rs. 3200. How is it possible for an unlimited connection?

Mar 3, 2012

Inactive SIM on International Roaming

Hello Airtel Customersupport,

I have Airtel number 9163006967 for several years and since last week it is suddenly showing as "Inactive SIM".

I had international roaming enabled on this number as I am currently in Kenya.

I tried to topup credit on my number, hoping that this is related to zero credit but unfortunately the Airtel recharge page gives me an error that my number 9163006967 is not a valid prepaid number.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Subrata Roy
+254-717411322

Feb 16, 2012

Disturbance through mobile calls complaint, Kolkata

Dear Sir/ madam,

This is to bring to your notice that my wife is frequently getting calls (mainly in night time) from unknown no. The person calls up and uses foul language.

Recently he is calling from the number - 9563482908.

Request your early action on this.

Indrajit Banerjee
Mob:+919830725321

Jan 29, 2012

deduction of account balance wrongly

Airtel is deducting my account balance without any prior acknowledgement and totally without justification. They are presenting their own wrong reason every time! I am complaining this against Airtel service for wrong deduction repeatedly! I want justice and I am thinking to port my number.

Jan 27, 2012

unauthorised deducton

on 15/01/2012 I received a Text Massage that Hungama Club - Mobile Box Office & News Pack is active on your airtel mobile and you are being charged for this service. And from very next day the company started to deduct Rupees 2/-(Two Rupees) every day. When I made a call on 1909 their reply was that becuase i was registered with DND so that could not do any thing in this matter.

when I am registered with DND then how Airtel started an unauthorized service on my mobile and after that airtel is unable to unsubscribe me from that service.

Kindly do the needful

Banwari Lal Bhartia
9831023280 (Prepaid Mobile)

Dec 15, 2011

details of last 3 months incoming outgoing information

dear sir

i am vahini .j using ur airtel company;s prepaid connection with number and i want incoming and out going details for last 3 months pls send as soon as early send me detail .thank you. can i get a list of incoming & outgoing calls list on net of by prepaid no . plz give me the detail of reason about the issue pls sir.
my airtel prepaid no:9547996666
surasattba ray

Dec 12, 2011

Airtel is cheating

I initially purchased a DTH from City Centre I saltlake. Later on I cancelled the same.
After a long follow up (almost 6 to 7 months) I got a refund check, which was not in my name.

Again I had to fight for a resolution and 2 to 3 months back, they collected the cheque from me and promised me to give me a correct cheque with in 21 days.

Now I am following up with them and also got escalated. Neither I am getting a response from Mr. Rakesh / Mr Naveen or the customer care.

If this is not cheating, then what is this? Kindly take some stringent action, so that Airtel will not do this type of harrasment to other customers.

Biraja - 9748863743

Aug 5, 2011

bad service, fraud service

service of airtel digi tv are so bad that i have lost my hope of getting service, they are purely playing with the customer, what they have done with me and my family, they call us several times and told us that they are coming for service but all are false, it happens with us 12 to 13 times, my brother told that we will complain but they misbehave with my brother and gave him their complain email id, and told that we can do nothing. Now please help us from this problem.

Aug 3, 2011

HIGH BILL

DEAR SIR / MADAM,
MY NAME IS 'AMIT KUMAR SINGH' AND I AM USING A AIRTEL POSTPAID CONNECTION 9748775562.AFTER MY BILLING CYCLE I RECEIVED A SMS FROM CUSTOMER CARE ON 02.08.2011 THAT "Your approx. unbilled usage as of midnight,31/07/2011 is Rs.0.0".ON THE NEXT DAY I.E ON 03.08.2011 AGAIN I AM RECEIVING A ANOTHER SMS FROM THE CUSTOMER CARE THAT "Your approx. unbilled usage as of midnight,01/08/2011 is Rs.297.0".THAT MEANS IN A SINGLE DAY I HAVE TALKED FOR RS.297.WHEN I CALLED THE CUSTOMER CARE TO CLARIFY ME THAT WHERE AND TO WHAT NUMBER FOR WHAT TIME I HAVE TALKED THAT YOU HAVE GENERATE THIS AMOUNT THEY SAY THIS INFORMATION IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW.THIS WILL LET YOU KNOW AFTER BILL GENERATE THAT MEANS AFTER ONE MONTH.
AMAZING ! THINK HOW THEY CHEAT TO THE PEOPLE THAT AMOUNT IS GENERATED IN A SINGLE DAY BUT FOR WHAT THIS GENERATE IT WILL KNOW AFTER ONE MONTH.IN THE MEAN TIME CUSTOMER FORGOT EVERY THING WHAT THEY CHARGED WRONGLY.THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE TO REMEMBER EVERY CALL DETAILS OF EVERY DAYS AT THE END OF THE MONTH.AIRTEL IS A VERY BIG CHEATER COMPANY AND I SUGGEST ALL OF YOU NEVER USE AIRTEL POSTPAID CONNECTION.THEY MAKE FOOL TO THE POSTPAID CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS THE PREPAID CUSTOMERS ALSO.
THANKS AND REGARDS,
AMIT KUMAR SINGH
MOBILE: +919748775562.

Jul 27, 2011

Outgoing calls not allowed while in International Roaming

This is to inform the concerned people that while I was in Russia,I wasnt allowed to call from my Airtel prepaid connection.

Before I went to Russia I activated International roaming Service of Airtel.I was told that I would be able to call from my Prepaid Connection.But when I landed in Russia I found out that I wasnt able to call.No outgoing calls were allowed.Only incoming call came in.Besides I was charged with Rs 150 per minute of Incoming call which is more than the Airtel people told me before I went to Russia.

When I came back and contacted them,they were not able to give any satisfactory answer and even dropped my calls before answering me.

Once one is out of the country,one needs to contact his/her realtives to let them know how one is and may need urgent assitance or help.I wasnt able to do that due to this unwarranted and mean act of Airtel.

I would like to get proper solution and punishment for this mean,improper and uncalled behaviour and service of Airtel which led harrasment and tension to me as well as my family.

Thanksing you,

Anindya Haldar

Mob:+919831274788

mail id:[email protected]

Onpoint service - Fraud data entry work
    I was looking for a part time job then I got a call from...
    Labindia Analytical Instruments Pvt Ltd - Request for dispatch the parcel from your custom
    Request to dispatch my parcel from custom Hold my parcel...
    Solvathellam Unmai - missuse
    hi frnds., im M.MUTHAMILPRIYA my utbi...
    ONPOINT SERVICES - Fraud data entry work
    I was looking for a part time job then I got a call from...
    NDMC - Pets and Animals - Dog catchers needed
    Dear sir/mam There is so many street dogs in sarojini...
    ola - Misbehaving to girl in night ride
    Cab driver missed behaved bcz of asking him to stop the...
    royal enfield - Manufacturing default
    Dear sir/ mam , I am Mayank Pant. Ph. No....
    RTO Sikar - RC जारी नही हो रही
    सर मेरी RC अभी तक जारी...
    Anil gas agency dharamshala - They don't deliver cylinder on time
    Respected sir I want to say that they don't deliver...
    Cross club - Fraud public
    Elias jessimen is fraud man He comes to panipat openingt...