Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Jun 20, 2013

Airtel post paid GPRS charges

I was using the Airtel prepaid service for past few years.. One day there is a call received from Airtel Executive stating that there are several benefits by switch over from prepaid to post paid interims service with the same expenditure which is accruing approx Rs 300 as prepaid.

Phone no : 9866301461
Package mentioned as shown below
Bill plan name : Ultra 299 plan
Dynamic Credit limit : Rs 500
Date of activation : 27-Mar-2013
Date of bill Generation : 12 Apr 2013
Amount of Bill : Rs 4628

I had very good experience with prepaid service for past many years and felt that it will be good to switch over to post paid as explained by Airtel executive.

At the time of contacting airtel executive towards post paid migration from prepaid, I thought of switch over to post paid after one month due to following reasons

• I already recharged Internet data of 2GB few days back
• I already recharge 300 SMS pack
• There is talk time balance,,

However Ariel executive suggested migrate to post paid immediately as I am not going to loose any benefit of prepaid charge and assurance made following assurance made.

• Data of 2GB provided first month bill and there won’t be any additional changes for GPRS usage till 2 GB for first month bill
• Left over talk time balance will get transferred from prepaid balance to post paid balance.

Based on the assurance given by Ariel executive, I agreed to migrate to post paid and submitted concerned documents on 23th Mar 13 and activated the connection on 27th Mar 13.

Surprisingly I got the first month bill for 12 days only with the bill amount of Rs 4628.

Airtel post paid service is cheating the customers with wrong promises and putting in the loop of getting higher GPRS changes without customer knowledge..

Towards GPRS usage they have charged Rs 4418.00for the usage of less than 1 Gb.
As per the bill used only 0.674 GB ( 707260 kb) and calculated as per the prorate basis for 12 days eligibility data.

I would have happy used my 2Gb data which was already charged at the time of connection which was cost around Rs 250..

My concern is
1. Neither they have put 2 GB data plan nor they have transferred the 2GB data as promised by Airtel executive. Instead they have transferred only Rs 280 amount towards 2GB internet of prepaid change to facilitate them to make higher bill. I have made several mails and it has not resolved yet.

2. When there is a dynamic credit limit of Rs 500, why there is no intimation and also why it is allowed to use beyond the limit.
According to TRAI Act 1997 - Credit Limit for post-paid subscribers, when the usage of the subscriber reaches the credit limit set a notice is given and a time limit is given for making payment lest the services are debarred. On the failure of the subscriber in making timely payment or the usage exceeding the credit limit, the services are barred. My connection was neither barred nor did i get a call from Airtel on reaching my credit limit, which is really shocking.

Answer I get from the airtel people as shown below

I asked 3 questions to Airtel people and got reply as sown below

We wish to inform you that as per our policy guidelines, we regularly review the credit limit set for your account. The credit limit assigned to your account is modified at regular intervals on the basis of your usage pattern, payment pattern and tenure on the network. Also, we wish to inform you that the credit limit benefit is always beneficial for the customer so that he can make more usage and did not get any interruption in his services. airtel regrets the inconvenience you have experienced in this regard.We hope that we have been able to assist you suitably.

3. Customer can not anticipate charges towards GPRS at any point of time for Airtel Post paid.
Airtel people are taking advantage of this gap to generate huge amount towards GPRS and I feel they are indirectly cheating many of the Airtel post paid customers like this.

Final results
1. I have already paid the all bill amount except the excess bill generation
2. My number has got disconnected
3. Also threatening me to pay the Due amount, otherwise they are saying that my other airtel connections which currently using by my family will be disconnected.

My alternate contact number is : 9177048400

It is clearly indicating that Airtel business is getting direct profit by cheating by wrong promises and wrong bills.

Kindly requesting concern authority to look in to the problem and resolve the issue as early as possible,,

Also requesting concern authority to improve the current system to avoid such cheating by Airtel
indradeep

Jun 15, 2013

airtel broadband disconnection

This is to inform u that my airtel broadband consisting of number 04040183436 had already paid the bill amount for which i used.as i shifted my house i want to disconnect the connection,i informed this to the executive and the person who gave the connection to me.i already paid my balance amount of about Rs 1100.moreover i am not in the city itself and now your executive called me and asking to pay the balance amount of around 2600 . as i already informed your executive to disconnect my connection its not fair to ask me to pay the amount for which i didnt use, this is all your poor performance over the complaint ,i left the city for 2months and am still in Vijayawada.so kindly accept this complaint and take the regarding action.
landline-04040183436
account-7006093672 thanking you,
Indradeep.T
PrasanthLucky

Jun 12, 2013

deducted money but not recharged

my recharge got failed and money has been deducted.. i want my money back.(Rs.101)
vaibhavyadav

Jun 8, 2013

Billing of unused service

The Airtel broadband connection I have is on the landline bearing number :+914040072092
It's been more than three months since I have this wireless connection but it doesn't serve the purpose as I'm unable to connect my phone which was the main reason I have taken the WiFi connection.. I've also made several complaints which went in vain as none of the executives or technicians responded and even if they responded they could not solve my problem and closed my complaint without solving it.. I hereby want them to return my money that is 1000Rs which they have taken while registeration.. I also want you to disconnect my connection for which I will not pay any pending amount as I have not used the WiFi.. Please do the needful and help me surrender the landline and the wireless connection.. Thank you !!

Jun 6, 2013

Disconnecting Line

Airtel asked for documents for submission for a 5 year old connection and since I was travelling could not get this done on time. Now they decided to disconnect my number permanently. Even, after submitting my documents there is no action taken from their end. Their customer care makes false promises and does not even bother giving you a solution.

Jun 2, 2013

Video Problem

THe error code that was displayed on TV was B001. I do understand the nature of the problem and have done all initial checks, later called to customer care (which is STD bangalore) and explained them about the problem. After hearing Customer Care Rep said a guy will come the next day morning(current day Sunday) and he will try to resolve it. I told him first I will not be available as my office working hours are from 9 Am to 7 PM and by the time i reach it will be some where 8 pm are so. As customer care are for 24/7 I requested them to send a guy today itself (due to unavailability), he says its not possible. I also explained if not today till next week the problem cannot be solved. I told him to connect me to supervisor, he did something the call got disconnected. Again I called to the customer care, explain patiently everything that has happened, she too did the same.

They dont have an answer for the question about 'will they be not charging the day that I haven't watched due to problem from airtel end'. This is the way customer care executive and Airtel treats the customers.

Complaint#30842223(happy code 870)
veerangeneyulu.m

May 21, 2013

nuisance calls

sir i am getting many nuisance /prank/non-sense calls for the past one week from different numbers it is disturbing me a lot pls take immediate action

my no is 9000620716
Syeda Munazza

May 20, 2013

network problem

i have purchased a new airtel sim but the problem is i have nil network over here i bought this sim by listening itz good offer i hope my network problem can be solved

Apr 28, 2013

NEED ADDRES ON THE MOBILE NUMBER

Hi sir,

My friends airtel number is 9177612656. I have given some amount to him. In order to recover that I need the address on the mobile number as its the easy way to recoiver wat i lost. Hope u help me and solve my pbm

Thanks n Regards
Subbarao.

Apr 21, 2013

stop cricket updates from AA-SYCRKT

stop cricket updates from AA-SYCRKT
Please stop cricket updates from AA-SYCRKT to my airtel sim number +91 9966669330
As it is not subscribed for and money is being cut which is not asked for. Expecting an immediate action and stop the message sending

i hope u do the needful

from
gopi_jasthy

Apr 17, 2013

Closed my Airtel account

I used to have an Airtel Landline connection. Due to personal reasons, I cleared my outstanding bill amount and closed the connection. But now(after 1.5 years), i am getting calls from network provier on due in bill payment.
I got the final bill that i payed with me.
Below are the details of my bill:
Airtel Account ID: 15923268

Closed my Airtel account Closed my Airtel account

Mar 22, 2013

NO Response for the complaint

I (Santosh) Holding Mobile No:9000030366 Airtel Network
Had made a complaint Regarding the Indoor Network Issue Many Times every time when i raise a complaint Customer Care Executive says that Technical Engineer will give a call & planning to install New Tower in Our area but from past 6 Months no one had turned over or prob had resolved.
once again i made a complaint on 27.02.2013 & spoke to Manager Arun he said that it will be resolved in 15 days & this is the complaint No :49008157 But till now no response from Airtel Team
User941932

Mar 20, 2013

ndtv alerts

I want to unsubscribe from NDTV new alerts sms. I never subscribed for it and they keeps on smashing my inbox(minimum 10 msgs/day), even i have complained atleast 3 to 4 times to the customer support they say they were unsubscribing but no use( i think airtel is providing worst service with worst helpline). Please help me as soon as possible. My airtel prepaid number is 9177386654.

Mar 15, 2013

not able to connect to AT&T toll free no ,"000117"

Notable to connect to AT&T toll free contact no of 000117 from my prepaid mobile,
having ISD facility with minimum of 200 balance,
let me know for any more need to arrange from my end to avail this facility,
gopal_ganji

Mar 11, 2013

Cell No Inactivated (Lifetime Validity SIM)

I have been an Airtel Prepaid customer since 2007 and my number is 9849803627. When I bought the SIM, I was told that it has lifetime validity. I am currently in the USA since Oct 2012, visiting my children. I realized that my SIM has been deactivated recently. I have been using this number for quite some time and losing this number will cause a huge inconvenience to myself, family and friends. I tried reaching Airtel customer service through phone, email and twitter. However, the response from them has been lukewarm. I was contacted by one of the folks from Airtel Presence asking for my information. However, it's been more than 2 weeks and haven't heard back from them. Please help!

Gopal

Twitter: gopal_ganji
onelsonj

Mar 11, 2013

Missing of mobile

Sir, my mobile set with airtel prepaid number 8801917432 is missed from yesterday. Please lock the outgoing and incoming calls urgently. Regards apporve sharma

Mar 5, 2013

CALLS COMING FROM UN INDENTIFIED NUMBERS

I Dinesh Amanchi from Hyderabad(INDIA) my complaint regarding against UN identified calls from Pakistan which are coming from last two months, creating panic to me so kindly resolve my complaint as much as possible.

These are the numbers i mentioning below:-
+923055562531,
+923366608610.
korlapati

Mar 4, 2013

AIRTEL - Hyderabad- Employe

How this AIRTEL such a MNC company recruit customer care service employe and with out provide any guide lines and proper instruction to them, what AIRTEL heads are doing?
First of all do they know, customer value?

Even that customer care employ (she) don't know, how to speak and how to respond for customer calls.
I am not interested write that lady name and Phone number from Begum Pet Branch , Hyderabad 500016.

Hello heads, please check your self and guide your staff.

Feb 26, 2013

MNP, still not activated

I opted for MNP, on 15th Feb.
Today its 27th Feb. I haven't received any call or sms. No prgress.
Airtel people told it will take 7 days on 15th Feb.

My Mobile number presently in BSNL: 9440399924
My UPC number : BA772472, which is valid till 2nd of March, 2013

Could you please explain me why there is delay, they charged me Rs.25 for MNP, Airtel service center Mehdipatanam, hyderabad

Ravindra

Feb 26, 2013

Customer Care Dont Understand the Issue

This is regarding my complaint on Airtel, Outlet at Hydernagar, Mahalakshmi Towers, Dr. Atmaram Estate, Hydernagar, Hyderabad.

In The previous complaint I have clearly mentioned the delay done by Airtel Outlet Present at Hydernagar, One of the Customer care executive speaking in hindi (unfortunately i could not ask the name) asked whether I am interested to shift my service provider. Now I clearly understand how inefficient customer care executives are and how inefficient the Airtel Outlets are working. Very pathetic on their part.

Balaji - 9348668889
Sadhan_Airtel

Feb 21, 2013

Balance

Name: Sadhan
Phone No:8008745156

I recharged my Airtel prepaid A/C using paytm website, www.paytm.com. Although the transaction is done i still didnt get the amount in my Mobile.
Vijay Sharma

Feb 8, 2013

Excess Bill

I've taken a plan of 150/- for data usage for my post paid connection.
The information provided by "Customer Care Executive" was not matching with the billing method.
I want to listen the call.

Dec 29, 2012

Cancelation and wavier amount

Namaste Mr. Nath,

This is to inform you that your concern listed on 29 Dec. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get in touch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Rakesh Ranga
Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
Bharti Airtel Ltd

User881982

Dec 20, 2012

pre paid inactivation

Namaste Mr. Mohan,

We would like to inform you that your concern listed 02 Dec 2012 has been resolved. Should you have any queries please contact Airtel customer service at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Rakesh Ranga
Airtel Presence (Airtel Customer Service Team)
Bharti Airtel Ltd

Dec 2, 2012

pre paid inactivation

Namaste Mr. Mohan,

This is to inform you that your concern listed 02 Dec. 2012 has been noted and our team is working on a resolution. At the outset, we apologize for the inconvenience faced by you. We will get in touch with you for further details of your concern as the need arises.

For any queries you may have you can also get intouch with us at www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

Rakesh Kumar
airtel Presence (airtel Customer Service Team)
bharti airtel limited