Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

User851916

Oct 26, 2012

post paid number not activated

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have purchased a new post paid mobile number from Bharti Airtel on 19th Oct, but unfortunately till date .i.e. 26th Oct 2012. The number has not been activated. Moreover the required documents have been collected from me along with the money 800/- as a registration n activation amt, from the NIT Airtel Branch, Faridabad. Besides this the branch manager Mr. Rajat Gupta have been fooling that the number will be surely activated within 1/2hr since 22nd Oct. I have put forward all the effort to reach him at 8800222703 but he is least bother to take my calls.

Being a 10yr old customer, I have not received any relevant answer to my number of complaints for activation of my number and moreover the reson that they are giving that they have tried to reach me but ironically I have not received any call front there end and getting a fake message from them that they tried to reach me , I cannot buy that because its irrelevant as my phone never rang. To justify, I also called up airtel but I felt like my words fell on deaf ears.

I am seeking and approaching you to receive a justice so that the number can be activated soon and some action to be taken against the people who are harassing me without any rhyme or reason.

Broadband Insallation

I contacted airtel for broadband with request no BR849112 first they said its not available in my area and I said that to the confirmation call(from something 044*******) and after one day the guy who I talked first calls me and said it is available in that area and he came to my house A-54 khanpur and fill up the form(CAF no. 3172436) and took 1000rs(500installation+500service charges) and said will install in 3 days and now this is 7th day and he is not even attending my call now please tell me what to do i cant even take another connection now cause my 1000rs is stuck with Airtel and I dont think they will refund it so have to go with Airtel, never expected something like that with the so called best customer care company, Please suggest me something what to do in this case the airtel guy was Rajesh(8800098829)
Thank You.

sim off

I had done MNP from idea to airtel back some days.My mb. sim does not working since 16/10/2012.In this regard i have done all formalities for issueance of paper Id had been submitted to the retailer,But till today it does not start my mb. sim ,So it is requested to you kindly take proper action.
Name:-RAFI AZAM
mb. no.-9717210281,
Alternate no-9555726416

deduction of money

I am Baishakhi Sen.I Have an Airtel account Mob.8826871097.I recharged my phone to rs 200.Money was deducted by nexGTv Rs75 unknowingly.Then,Second time I recharged my account on 18 Oct. to Rs 444 then the money was deducted by carrier counselling Rs15.
If this continues,I would disconnect my connection and would switch to other mobile connection

Oct 18, 2012

Wrong information given by customer care regarding internet plan charges

This complaint is for Airtel regarding wrong information given to the customer by the customer care officer.

I am 4+ years postpaid customer of Airtel. Recently I activated blackberry 2g (Rs.599 pm) plan on my handset, then after few days I called customer care and instructed him to close the blackberry 2g plan and activate a 3g plan (Rs. 450 pm). The customer care officer confirmed me that the 2g is stopped and 3g is started. But the bill I got includes price of both 2g and 3g services. Then I send my query to customer care regarding it and they told me that both 2g and 3g service is started on your handset and they also told me that you can only access 3g services when you continue enabling both 2g (Rs. 599) and 3g (Rs. 450). However the previous customer care offier has provided a wrong information to me that you have to only pay for 3g. So I am in loss of Rs. 1198 because of the wrong information provided by Airtel.

The customer care is not providing me any resolution regarding bill. I have requested for closing my account at Airtel.

Arshad Siddiqui
Airtel number: 9910160082

Oct 15, 2012

3g complained and not working for the past one month

i have complained many times by now and maybe they knows me by now.... but there is no improvement yet... i don't know whom to complain to...

i m a 3g airtel user through 3g datacard and my number is 9971593945. for the past two weeks i have been complaining airtel people that i can't even open www.google.com and they told me to call many numbers,121,12134,12118, etc... i called them just to be told that i shud call to another number(the numbers doesn't end, it's like series questions in exams).... sometimes the customer people just hang up.... i have so many lost transactions and this adds fuel to speak harshly to the customer care people...

i have called them, mailed them but no use.. so i request people in the higher rank to look into this matter because this is not happening just to me.. it's happening to a lot of people... in short they are cheating people in the name of providing 3g service... please look into it...
skum7757

Oct 11, 2012

operation manager divya hangs up the phone when do not have anty satisfied solution

hi,my number is 9971698111 and 9971624111... the airtel people do not solve the problem in first time than they barred the number than they do not gv a close up solution operation manger hangs up the call and directly on the recorded line says i am unable to help u out.....why the hell they are sitting there remove them from the job customer service nahin aati to naukri kyun ki... they threten me over the call and they are very rude ...charge indifferent plan without intimating me and divya the operation manger she is the main culprit of not helping 25 times everytime i used to be on with them for 2 hours or more wasting my time and energy and also financial losses... they are providing the solution which is not satisfied.......my name is sailesh agrawal..there appeliate officer help line is very bad nevre connected asks for reference number ..whe we put that the call dscncts saying its wrong ..to number pe kya msg hi galat number kerte hain woh

i lost more that 28 thousand of loss as finacial due to and also wasted more than 40 hours for resolution of single issue,,,,,,TRai has just given these people boost up kyunki saari department hi corrupted hai upar se niche wale sabhi paise khate hai ...all are set ......

commits to giv a call back..cnsmrs wait for there call they do not gv any call bk and when we call them up just sorry and always breaks the commitment ........hell suggest not to use airtel postpaid aur use kero doston to bhatta jarur bithana sare chor hai jaise kerni waise bharni

no body is willing to help......and the help they provide after 3 months that irrelevant.......

kuch kerne hai to kero and na ho to aap bhi chaddar taan ke so jaana ....m blunt because corruption is depth of the soil ...cant be removed in one go
skum7757

Oct 11, 2012

long hours waiting and barring the number

Oct 4, 2012

3g not working

airtel no: 9971593945
airtel 3g:
model E173Bu-1
IMEI: 354369043833830
S/N: 8CA4CA11B2300168

it's been almost one month, that my internet connection is not working properly. the internet speed is variable and sometimes it does not load even if i have "full network". sometimes it happens when i carry out some transaction and have to go to the bank. i have taken 3G plan and i should get the speed for which i have paid for.
i would like to get the correct broadband for which i have paid and a reliable service. so AIRTEL PEOPLE PLEASE RECTIFY THIS MISTAKE OF YOURS AND IF U CAN'T PLEASE STOP LOOTING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF PROVIDING SERVICE. THANKS

Oct 4, 2012

Anonymous and Harassing Calls

One of my college friend has been lately receiving calls and messages from an Airtel number.She(my friend) is being constantly harassed by cheap comments from the caller who also happens to a girl.
She( my friend ) is extremely scared to tell anyone about this.
The number of the caller is "9717982726".
I request the concerned authorities to please find out details like name and address of this caller and email me at [email protected] and also take necessary action in this regard.

Yours sincerely
Abir Roy Chowdhury
Email- [email protected]
SIMRAN786

Sep 23, 2012

BEYLUXE MESSENGER ISSUE

SIR AM USING ONE CHAT MESSENGER (BEYLUXE MESSENGER) THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL MESSENGER AND I CANNOT LOGIN MY ID ON THAT MESSENGER WHICH I WAS USING FROM PAST 4 YEARS MY PURPOSE OF USING AIRTEL INTERNET WAS FOR MESSENGER THEY BLOCKED THE MESSENGER AND ITS NOT EVEN OPENING WITH HOTSPOT SHIELD I SPOKE TO TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT OF AIRTEL STILL THEY ARE NOT SOLVING MY PROBLEM AM FACING THIS FROM PAST 4 DAYS EARLIER IT WAS PERFECTLY FINE WATS THE ISSUE COULD U PLEASE HELP ME OR SHOULD I DISSCONNECT THE CONNECTION
Gagandeep Singh

Sep 20, 2012

Billing for connection that was never installed

Applied for Airtel broadband connection and within a few hours, Airtel sales person took Rs. 500 (contact no : 9654907449) on Aug 11th and told be the connection would get installed within 2 days. I kept on calling this person for more than 2 weeks but failed to get any reason for not getting the connection installed. Finally the installation team came on Aug 23rd. Again a new surprise, they were offering me an old modem and charging complete amount. I refused and told them that I need a brand new equipment if I am paying for a new one. I again kept on calling to know the status. The new person finally came and did some installation testing. At the very initial stage when I was offering Rs. 500/- to the sales person, I had asked for 1 bill
for installation for my accounts purpose that could include everything installation, modem etc. Not once but a dozen times the sales person confirmed that it would not be an issue, the installation person would provide you that.
But when I asked the installation person for it, he refused. I kept on calling multiple sales people who had committed but they said they can't help now.

Frustrated with the entire process, I immediately decided not to go with the installation and not to take the connection. I asked the installation person immediately to take his entire stuff. I called up sales person 9654907449 & 9654904911 (other person involved) and told them that I am not allowing the installation person to activate my connection as I am not getting the bill as
committed. They both assured not an issue and they would provide me a refund of Rs. 500/- by Aug 27th positively. It has been more than a month, I keep on calling these guys but they don't respond. Even if they respond, they use foul language.

Another shock came to me on Sep 1st, when I received a bill for no. 844738421, showing that the connection is already running. I would like to ask Airtel on what basis has the connection being charged and activated. Have they checked their records that the connection was ever installed at my place ? Or it has been ever used ? I still have the installation acknowledgement that I never
signed and handed over to Airtel person. Do they have a copy of it that confirms installation ?

BTW installation/billing commencement report, clearly says "Once the report is signed, billing shall commence from the date of this report". Also "Please sign the report only if you are satisfied with the installation". Attached the original unsigned scanned copy of installation report that is still with me.

Still without any proof, the harassment continued. I failed to get a refund of my Amount and Airtel mentioned that it would be adjusted against the bills generated for the connection that never existed.

Sep 17, 2012

Bill plan is changed

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

My name is BANKE VIHARI, i'm a postpaid service user of Airtel (Bharti Airtel),my con no. is 9818053838, before 2 month ago my bill plan was 111 monthly,
but from month of september this will be changed without any pre-information to me.
Company is not sending any intimation or confirmation massage on my no.
I want, the previous bill plan is activate on my no.

Sep 16, 2012

delation in number portablity

i wanted to port my number from aircel to airtel"" i submitted my id and photo with a amount of rs 121 to a retailer about 2 weeks ago .but no further satisfactory responce is given by him. and he told me to submit an id and a photo again because both airtel and aircel companies want them.. but i am not aware of any such kind of process . what will i do if he misuses my id for any wrong purposes .

Sep 16, 2012

Rude behavior and non-coperation

The first payment was made thru ch # 67745 dt. 21.07.2012 for Rs969.67 was put in the drop box of Airtel installed at spics mobile shop at Munirka. The second ch. # 67748 dt.17.08.2012 was again put in the same box.

Started getting calls EARLY MORNING from Airtel collection agencies that the payments have not reached them. Despite my explaining my payments thru these cheque, I was given routine and stereo type reply if your account is debited then send them the copy of my bank account.

Refused to listen to my request to investigate why and where the cheque have gone (twice missing) and why have not reached them so far?

Mr. Mosim, the in charge of the office and her support Ms. Nisha on 07/08/12 and also spoke to Javed Asraf on 04/08/12 , all overlooked to the real issue. This made me to pay them thru on-line with the help of my well wisher as I not savvy with the on line payments.

I told these people that I am 68 years(Senior Citizen) and can not run around to probe into and ultimately stop the payment of these checks which I was ultimately forced to do so on 13/09 when none of them helped me. Even the person on the spics shop where the drop box Airtel is kept did not show any concern to resolve it and find out from the boys who opens the box every day.

Sep 2, 2012

spam text messages

Unwanted / spam text messages are coming from airtel to mobile number 9910610539, which are not being stopped inspite of repeated requests to stop.

Aug 16, 2012

Missed call from Number in Pakistan

Hi All,
Today dated 08/16/2012, i got a missed call from a number ############,when i tried calling back the person on the other side told me that i have won a lottery worth 25 lakh rupees and started asking me personal questions and gave a number to contact further as 00923057332043.Sensing something fishy i disconnected the call and checked my balance .it had been decreased at an alarming rate. Apart from this i searched on the internet and found that this call was from pakistan!!!!!!!!!!......Airtel can you please check these anonymous calls from being happening as this can cause serious trauma to the customers.....

Aug 7, 2012

ECS facility not activated

This is to bring to your notice that i have activated my ECS service last to last month from your Airtel counter at Yousuf Sarai Market. i have received a call from your customer care that your amount has been deducted from your bank ref no--44976290. I was rest assured that my ECS facility is activated. now when i have checked my amount i was surprised that last month bill money has not been deducted from my bank. When i have checked with your customer care today dated-070812, they told me my check has been declined(refnoF1099765770) and they don't know the reason. When i have told them same could have been informed to me, they said they tried but your number was busy. How can it be possible that whole day whole night my number was busy. Now pls tell me do i have to pay the penality amount as well, as when last time i have checked with your customer care they told me you dont have to pay the penality. Today i will pay the last month bill through cash./

Ankit Bhatia.
09560421717.
madhumane

Jul 24, 2012

sms from no. 55382

Sir ,

I received a message from No. 55382 . It is a picture with a short message in hindi " yad aa rahi hai "
Pl. inform me who has sent it . So it is easy to take further step.

solapur

Jul 13, 2012

Cheating at customer care

Today I have to write about how New Delhi Communications which is an Airtel Customer Care outlet at M-22 Greater Kailash 2 Market, New Delhi-110048 and how they have managed to cheat me.

I had lost my phone yesterday and had gone there to get a duplicate SIM card after doing the required trip to the CR Park Police station to lodge an FIR. At New Delhi Communications, they asked me for 2 copies of my photo ID, a photograph and Rs 125. I did as asked and my phone was activated. Within a few minutes I get an SMS from Airtel confirming the re-activation and how it should have costed me Rs 25/- only (not 125/-). After another few minutes I received another SMS saying that Airtel Money Transfer on my phone has been activated and Rs 100 were charged for that.

Nobody at the counter told me about this. They asked me to sign the forms and pay. Not even a word was mentioned regarding this hankypanky that was a tie up between Mr. Varma, the shop owner, and the Airtel customer care people.

My request to people would be please be very careful before going to this store as they are cheating a lot of people like this. When we are in a difficult, stressful situation and have so many forms to fill, they take advantage of it. Rs 100 is not a big amount but a lot of hundreds make thousands and lakhs for these people.

Archita Varma

Jul 3, 2012

Call from +923316319954

on 25th june 2012, at 2055 hrs, i receieved a call from +923316319954. It came to my knowledge that call is from pakistan. Although i missed the call, but i am concerned about how did the calling person got my number. I would appreciate it if you would look into this matter.

Roy

Jun 20, 2012

Number portibility

Airtel,

This e-mail in regards to mobile number 9873291118 which was ported from vodafone to Airtel approx 15 days back & i have been experiencing problem.i feel like moving to airtel was mistake as airtel services are poor than other providers & i am regrating to my discission to port my number into airtel.

i have been trying to recharge my number & money gets deducted without any reason.
I did my first recharge with airtel of 50 rupees however 45 rupees have been debated from it. I have been trying to contact your customer care since than & i always get a different information form everyone.when i dialed 9810198101 they asked me to dial 121 & vise versa.

please help !

Roshan

Jun 19, 2012

unregistration of sim card

Dear madam / sir

Recently, ten days earlier I bought a new postpaid sim card from your representative at our office and I was told that within 4 days my number will be activated. But still there is no response from any of the airtel team.
Neither I have received any call from airtel nor any one has come for vertification.
Out of my frustration I have communicated this thing to airtel customer care but up to my surprise I was told that the number which is given to me is already under service and its registered on some one’s other name.

This is clearly pointing towards the service provided by airtel to their customers.
Being a corporate CUG number our company is always preferring airtel as its having best service than other network providers.

Kindly look into this matter with urgent priority my details are as under. I have submitted all the required documents for the registration.

Name – Rahul Bhatia
Airtel number – 9910022316
Sim no – 8991101202276674233

airtel representative

Mr. Mohsin - 9871279625
sksinha

Jun 19, 2012

Not activation of new postpaid connection

I applied for a postpaid connection on 11th Jun 2012. I had personally called Mr Gulshan(Mob No.9810778993) on 10th Jun 2012 which i came to know from my collegue. Shri Shiv Pandey(Mob No.9717132323) came to my office on 11th Jun 2012 at about 1500 hrs. After completing all formalities, he handed over me a Airtel SIM Card having connection No.9971800696 with the promise to activate within 72 hrs. But to my surprise, this number has not been activited till today i.e. 19th Jun 2012. I kept on contacting telephonically with both the above personnel. On contacting, every time they promised to activate the SIm same day. I also contacted several times Mr Gaurav Sarin(Mob No.9871773601) dealing with accounts as stated by Mr Gulshan. But he also did not help me. Finally, on 19th Jun 2012 i.e. 8 days after applying for the post paid connection, one person from Airtel came to my office at about 1500 hrs for verification purpose. Due to the promise of above Airtel employee I could not apply for any other postpaid connection of other service provider and I kept on using my previous connection on roaming. This caused lot of inconvenience and also kept me worried as I had already given this number to my several services which often ask for the mobile number. Resulting their services could not be utilised be me as they could not contact me on the said mobile number. I sufferred lot of inconvenience and was in embrassing situation at number of times. This has given really a verybad impression about Airtel. It is suggested that Airtel should not give false promises to the customers. Appropriate action may please be taken against the defaulters so as to avoid recurrence of inconvenience to other customers.

Jun 17, 2012

8800324553 -Regarding anomaly in call duration

Sir/Madam,

Referring your generated bill no.-780686117 ,bill date-06/06/12. It was found that call duration for every calls is showing 2 second more then what i have saved all the call details in my phone.

I request to resolve the issue and acknowledge.

I have already complaint for this but their is no response coming from your side...

Abhishek
8800324553/9650839420

GoAir - Error in Webcheck-in in upcoming flight G80321 of 1st June...
    Kindly note, I have booked my flight with GoAir through...
    zee cinema - TV Guide
    Almost twice a month the tv Guide programming goes on the...
    HUNGAMA CHANNEL - Hungama
    Why are you showing shin Chan old episode I know you are...
    http://cbtfexch9.com/ - Refund my amount
    Dear Sir, My self Deepak Kumar Goyanka I informed to...
    SPEED POST COMPLAINT - Latter not received
    Sir my speed post n.EH562978135IN BOOKED ON 12-05-2020 AND...
    Marvel hq - Bored by seeing starwars
    Please play all cartoons not only star wars
    Cadbury bournvita - Expires settlement
    Dear sir/mam This is bring your kind attention that...
    Netmeds - Denied for home delivery
    The product I have ordered on netmeds are delivered...
    Personal iten - Parcel not received
    Good afternoon, I am writing this mail due to not...