Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

Aug 30, 2010

internet connection

I am a user of Airtel Wi-fi (broadband connection). I am unable to access my hotmail account.
While Google, Facebook and all other sites are easily accessible, hotmail remains out of bounds.
Please rectify this problem immediately. I believe it has got to do with some configuration issue
at your end.

Raju Santhanam

Aug 23, 2010

To stop unwanted SMS

I have Airtel Prepaid connection. I am recieving daily 5-10 unwanted SMS of various companies and products . Please stop these disturbing SMS immediately. My mobile no. is 9818517650.
Hardeep Kumar

Aug 17, 2010

NOT TAKING DOCUMENTS

5 or 6 days ago I got a call from airtel for submitting documents. Since my connection is working with unknown person ID infact I have taken it with my own ID & address. For Security reason I asked for nearest relationship center location from my office at Green Park Main, New Delhi - 110016. And It was Radical Communication in 88/1, Main Road, Adhchini, New Delhi - 110017. I went there with my address & id proof. But they denied to take documents. Than I called to customer care executive but not supporing answer i.e. you may go in another relationship center.

And I felt if a customer is ready to support the authority than they delibrately make it harrassed.

It is Today 17 August 2010.

Aug 2, 2010

CALL CENTER CONECTIG PROGRAM

DEAR SIR
YOUR CALL CENTER CANECTING PROGRAM IS VERY BAD, AND WAY YOUR COMPANY TAKE SOME CHARGES FOR TALK WITH YOUR EMPLOYE. THAT IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR COMPANY. I GIVE YOU ONE IDEA. THREE TIME TALKING FREE. AFTER THREE YOU TAKE CHARGES.

Jul 16, 2010

WITH ATTACHMENT BILL

LAST TWO MONTHS I HAVE RECEIVED E MAIL FROM AIRTEL WITH ATTACHED BILL, HOW CAN I ENSURE THAT WHAT AIRTEL CHARGE TO ME IS THAT CORRECT AMOUNT OR NOT. I HAVE ALREADY MAILED ON 09.07.2010, BUT NO REPLY, AGAIN MAILED ON 15.07.2010. REPLY IS YOU WILL RECEIVED THE WITH IN TWO HRS, STILL I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE BILL. HOPE THE CONSUMER COURT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Jul 13, 2010

Disconnection of Landline Number 011-41704674

Dear All,

I have been using Airtel land line number 011-41704674 for quite a long time. Since February 2010. I have been requesting your Telecallers to disconnect the services of this number as i am not using the same regularly.

Even tough making repeated request for disconnection i am still receiving bills for the minimum rent even tough the Line is disconnected.

I am getting harassed and threatened by the so called telecallers of Airtel that if I don't pay they will take me to task.

I am scared my them please advice.

Jul 10, 2010

Delay in installation

My Customer ID 3004597595 and My transaction ID is9670285 , I have booked Airtel DTH on 7th July and also made the payment thru credit card , when i booked this DTH custmer care executive said - DTH will be install with in 48 hrs. Till date , I have not received any call from airtel and also register the complaint on 12150 against complaint no. 3265226 for the same but now customer care executive said DTH will be install on 12th Jul. I would like to request to you , please do not sale the product with false commitement and now cancel my this connection turn charges to me on high priority.

Secondly i never suggest to any one for AIRTEL DTH at least in my company or my relatives.

Jul 1, 2010

call diverting not working

I have been using air tel connection since 2007(mob no.9971913866).But from past 6 months I am facing a problem that while I am diverting the call on the other number it is showing activated but if somebody is calling me then it is showing this number does not exist & during the switched off period it is showing the same .

Varun
9971913866

Jun 30, 2010

Phone not working

Our phone at K-71 Sarita Vihar New Delhi phone no 40540427 is not in a working condition .You are requested to change the instrument

Jun 30, 2010

PHONE NOT WORKING

Our airtel landline at J236 Saket New Delhi no 46067386 is not working

Jun 24, 2010

Do not Disturb Facility

Do not Disturb Facility
I have registered for do not disturb facility on my Mobile no. 9810503638, many months back - (Airtel Service Provider). i still receive so many sms ans calls from credit card companies, insurance companies, etc.daily. Complaints with airtel were made. Complaint Nos are 32370060, 32370078, 32370032. Reply received from airtel was that the defaulting telemarketer belongs to another operator's network and the complaint has been forwarded to them for necessary action. No action has been taken till date. Who is this other operator. Is this not the responsibility of airtel since i am using their connection.

Please helpme get rid of these messages and calls which disturb me daily.

My DND registration no. is A1010355421 registered on 5th March 2009

Jun 21, 2010

non shifting of phone and misleading

I SHIFTED MY RESIDENCE WITHIN THE SAME LOCALITY ON 1ST JUNE, 2010 AND GAVE A REQUEST FOR SHIFTING OF PHONE ON 03.06.2010. THE RECORDS OF THE COMPANY WOULD REVEAL THAT I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALMOST ON A DAILY BASIS AND WAS ASSURED THAT THE JOB WOULD BE DONE WITHIN 24 HOURS OTHERWISE I WOULD RECEIVE A CALL BACK. HOWEVER TODAY 21ST JUNE IS ALMOST OVER AND WHEN I CALLED UP TO FIND OUT THE STATUS TO MY SURPRISE THE CALLER SAID THAT NO REQUEST HAS EVER BEEN RECEIVED AND HE WOULD NEED THE DETAILS AGAIN TO PUT IN MY REQUEST SO THAT THE JOB IS DONE WITHIN THE NEXT 3 WORKING DAYS. I REALLY WISH THE HIGHER AUTHORITIES AT THE HELM OF AFFAIRS BECOME AWARE WHAT THE PEOPLE AT THE GROUND LEVEL ARE DOING. I FIND NO ACCESS TO THE TOP BOSSES I REALLY NEED TO FIND OUT IF ALL THIS IS BEING DONE WITH THEIR KNOWLEDGE

Jun 14, 2010

charges to talk with customer care

hello sir,

It is not relevant that Airtel is now applying charges to talk with customer care executive. Last night, I called to customer care to know about special offer for sms. After talking with CCE, I realized my balace was reduced. it is wrong that u are taking money to talk with CCE.In telecom sector no one is applying charges
to talk their CCE
So please remove these charges ,and customer can resolve his/her problem frequently.

My no is 9717739290

Jun 7, 2010

easy recharge

I went for easy recharge my mobile no is9650064530 on 5/6/10 at malviya nagar from ht e shop from which I took my prepaid connection but instead of that i entered no9560064530 which is nonexsist . I asked the concered person that you please recharge with correct no he said that he has got the message that it has been successfuly recharged and the money has been reduced from his account , if the no is non exsisting then how it will get recharged please let the airtel recharge my account with 100 Rs so that i can value for my money

Jun 4, 2010

Disconnected Number without any notice

I am holder of Airtel connection from past 10 years now (with the number 9818005954). Though i never had any issues with my number but one instance has completely changed my perception towards Airtel.I repeatedly received calls from Airtel in order to purchase a new connection from Airtel. Somehow i agreed upon taking up the new number (i.e 9818005854). Airtel demanded some amount of registration for this new number along with the first bill. I made a payment of 900 that included Rs 500 as the registration charges and Rs 300 as the bill amount. However few days later, i noticed that my new number is no more activated, and without my knowledge the number was disconnected. when i brought this to the notice of Airtel, i never got any help rather i was transferred from one person to another. This was very disappointing for me as i was with Airtel from past 10 years. I was explained that there were some past dues for some other number on my name due to which the service has been taken off. I was upset knowing the fact that Airtel didn't even inform me and the services were taken away after accepting the bills. This was sheer deception for a customer.I have lost my trust in Airtel and don't wish to continue my services.

Jun 4, 2010

poor service for customers

my airtel sim has been blocked by mistake. it is asking for the PUK number.
i tried my best to contact the customer care executive to get the number but was not able to. it is very urget for me to get the number as soon as possible.
i would be thankful if u help me out .
the customer care service is in a bad state due to which customers face a lot of problems.

thaking

Umesh Kumar Arya..

Jun 3, 2010

Dnd services:

hi, i'm really upset with the services of airtel, seems that they don't bother about their customer satisfaction. i had activated my DNd services about 4-5 months back, through the mobile phone and as well as the internet. but the irony is this, that i still recieve message from various advertisment companies every now nd then. sometimes late at nite which really disturbs me .
Now , i have made several complaints but i have no respite. every time they furnish me a complaint no: which is of no use. Lately they have barred my call, for the bill. now thats very rude, first you don't provide the services properly and top of that you make the life of the coustomer more miserable. the point of matter is ,and a very generic question , would you be willing to pay for a defective product services that you have availed for?

vaibhav
9910204301

May 28, 2010

Blackberry Service Error

Hello, I have been trying to activate my data service of Rs.299 on my Blackberry Curve 8900 since 25th May 2010.
it is now saturday 29th may and I still have not been able to get it activated.
I send the message 'airtelbb' to 121 and follow the procedure at the end I get a reply saying This Service is Unavailable. If you are new Prepaid Customer please try again after 24hours. What is this non-sense ?
i have been trying for the past 72 hours now, i still get the same error. I call customer car day and night. They do not seem to help. This is a SHAME on airtel. I have been a vodafone customer for the past 3 years and i had great difficulty in changing my number. And this is what airtel proves to be.

May 24, 2010

BALANCE AMOUNT DEBITED AFTER RECEIVED THE MESSAGE

My Prepaid mobile no.9871039763 has got the message from airtel gclub.in sender no.54321 on dated 24/05/2010 when i press the button of that message it is automatically linked with thier website and download started and Rs.40 deducted from my account.

How they make fool to customer.Kindly help me what i have to do.

May 23, 2010

y!Zone

my mobile number is 9818778516 and my name is eleonora margorina. i wish to unsubscribe from y.zone, for which i am charged every 10 days and could not find the way to do it from the yahoo.com site. please, help

May 5, 2010

POSTPAID BILL TAKEN WRONGLY

My name is shelly and my number is 09958809699.I have receive a letter from the court of not paying the bill but the airtel company after disconnecting my number did not send any bill after it and just a letter come after 6 - 8 months later that u dont paid the bill yet and they also charged 3000 rupees in place of 600 to me that i left when they disconnect my number.

May 3, 2010

sms

i received a sms from td windows on 30/4/10 that i had won cash prize of 1 million pounds n told to claim by logging on to [email protected] tell me how can i claim my prize.

your's faithfully'
dewanshu kumar roy.
mob: 09818436692.
e-mail: [email protected]
User1916

Apr 23, 2010

Shifting may cost you anything

Hi Friends! if in case anyone of you are AIRTEL customer's and are planning to shift then do think 100 times before doing that as i had moved about 30 ft away from where i was residing and now they say that you need to pay 1299 Plan or else we will not be able to shift the plan.
They say that the service will be provided from a Vendor. I said that i was already getting the service from them also initially as well. they said that it is the vendor who is suppose to give you service and you need to pay for the same. I said that i am not looking for a new plan i am only trying to shift whatever was mine and there should be no hassels for the same. Airtel says that either pay 1299 or else disconnect the line. when i asked to speak to the manager they said will do that and yesterday(22nd Apr 2010) i got a call from the Retention team and asking me why i need to disconnect the line? I explained the scenario to them and also informed them that i am shocked to hear what i am hearing right now. as i had not made any request to disconnect the line.......
I was again informed that either disconnect or accept this plan of 1299 RS currently i am paying a rental of 649/-. I had written an email to Mr. Mittal on 13-04-2010 but no response......again on 16-04-2010 and then the response was not received too

E-Mail on the 16-04-2010

Hi Sir,
Strange to see such a carelessness nature from the CEO of the company. You are certainly leading by an example Sir. I had mailed you on the 13th April and till date not even a single call has been made to me not even from Kaniska who was suppose to arrange a conference call. Your staff is absolutely following your step and amazingly well too. Nevertheless I am waiting for another 2-3 days post which I will take my step and then please do not blame me if this email is found all over the web and then to www.core.nic.in and then directly with Ministry of Consumer Affairs. I really do not want to but the negligent attitude of the company is compelling me to do so.
Ex-follower of Airtel but not anymore………

E-Mail on the 13-04-2010

"Mr. Mittal,
I wish the platform was different then what I have mentioned below but I am sorry it is not. I have a complaint for which I need resolution and I have mentioned it below in detail description:
Airtel Landline: 011-41667947
Issue: Shifting of the connection
I shifted from old location to new one and I made a request to shift the landline connection which also has a broadband connection on the same on the 05Th April 2010.
5th April 2010 – I was informed by the representative that the same would cost me INR 300/- and also the same will be done in 3 days. I said ok I am ok with that and please get the same done.
8th April 2010 – No Communication
9th April 2010 – No Communication. I called up to enquire about the same as I had asked my wife to stay back at home and not to go out keeping in mind that the team will come to get the same connected at my place. She was not able to leave the premises in the expectation of the same being done.
10Th April 2010 – No Communication
11th April 2010 – No Communication
12Th April 2010 – No Communication
13Th April 2010 – Kanishka called up from +911141002706 at 2:15 pm and informed that the connection would be shifted but that would be by the Vendor but I need to accept a different plan which is INR 1299/- to which I replied back saying that first of all I am not looking for a new plan I am only shifting in which I was informed that the charge for shifting is only INR 300/- nothing else. Kanishka told me “Sir, I have checked with the vendor and he is saying that and this can be only done that way no other way. Please let me know if I can disconnect from the current place or you will take this charge”
I informed that this is not right as I am not asking for a new connection I am only shifting that too 30 feet away from where the connection is currently. And as I am interacting with Airtel to pay my Bills, request and complaints I am not concerned about the Vendor Airtel should do the needful to negotiate the same. She said that I will speak to them once and then get back to you.
Kanishka again called from the same number at 3:45 pm and informed me that “Sir, I have talked to them and you have to pay 1299/- to get the connection or else connection is not possible” When I refused she said that I will conference the call from other line with the Vendor then you can talk to them directly”. I said ok but no call was received. At 4:03 pm she called me from the same line and then informed me that the vendor is not reachable will try and get the call conference once successful I said ok as nothing could have been done in this scenario.
Now there are few things I would like to point out:
1) SLA for shifting the connection is 3 days then mine has not happened in 8 Days.
2) If there was a delay in shifting who is suppose to inform the customer as you may be able to understand that my Wife was there at home waiting for someone to drop by and get the shifting done.
3) If I am shifting and I am being forced to pay an amount which is almost double the amount that I am paying that is INR 649/- who will look into that?
I am really sorry but this is causing me a lot of inconvenience mentally as well as professionally as I had taken up the connection in order to work from Home when I am not in office which has completely failed for days. Please provide me a resolution to this issue as in case of failure I will be forced to take it up through consumer forum and Ministry of Consumer Affairs or also I may end up blogging about my experience with AIRTEL. Even though I have gone through enough hassles with AIRTEL it is one of my favorite brands but it may not be any further.
I am looking for a positive response from your end.

There are alot of such experience which i have with me in email which i have gone through with AIRTEL if need be i shall upload all of them one by one.

Onpoint service - Fraud data entry work
    I was looking for a part time job then I got a call from...
    Labindia Analytical Instruments Pvt Ltd - Request for dispatch the parcel from your custom
    Request to dispatch my parcel from custom Hold my parcel...
    Solvathellam Unmai - missuse
    hi frnds., im M.MUTHAMILPRIYA my utbi...
    ONPOINT SERVICES - Fraud data entry work
    I was looking for a part time job then I got a call from...
    NDMC - Pets and Animals - Dog catchers needed
    Dear sir/mam There is so many street dogs in sarojini...
    ola - Misbehaving to girl in night ride
    Cab driver missed behaved bcz of asking him to stop the...
    royal enfield - Manufacturing default
    Dear sir/ mam , I am Mayank Pant. Ph. No....
    RTO Sikar - RC जारी नही हो रही
    सर मेरी RC अभी तक जारी...
    Anil gas agency dharamshala - They don't deliver cylinder on time
    Respected sir I want to say that they don't deliver...
    Cross club - Fraud public
    Elias jessimen is fraud man He comes to panipat openingt...