Airtel

Consumer complaints and reviews about Airtel

May 23, 2010

y!Zone

my mobile number is 9818778516 and my name is eleonora margorina. i wish to unsubscribe from y.zone, for which i am charged every 10 days and could not find the way to do it from the yahoo.com site. please, help

May 5, 2010

POSTPAID BILL TAKEN WRONGLY

My name is shelly and my number is 09958809699.I have receive a letter from the court of not paying the bill but the airtel company after disconnecting my number did not send any bill after it and just a letter come after 6 - 8 months later that u dont paid the bill yet and they also charged 3000 rupees in place of 600 to me that i left when they disconnect my number.

May 3, 2010

sms

i received a sms from td windows on 30/4/10 that i had won cash prize of 1 million pounds n told to claim by logging on to [email protected] tell me how can i claim my prize.

your's faithfully'
dewanshu kumar roy.
mob: 09818436692.
e-mail: [email protected]
User1916

Apr 23, 2010

Shifting may cost you anything

Hi Friends! if in case anyone of you are AIRTEL customer's and are planning to shift then do think 100 times before doing that as i had moved about 30 ft away from where i was residing and now they say that you need to pay 1299 Plan or else we will not be able to shift the plan.
They say that the service will be provided from a Vendor. I said that i was already getting the service from them also initially as well. they said that it is the vendor who is suppose to give you service and you need to pay for the same. I said that i am not looking for a new plan i am only trying to shift whatever was mine and there should be no hassels for the same. Airtel says that either pay 1299 or else disconnect the line. when i asked to speak to the manager they said will do that and yesterday(22nd Apr 2010) i got a call from the Retention team and asking me why i need to disconnect the line? I explained the scenario to them and also informed them that i am shocked to hear what i am hearing right now. as i had not made any request to disconnect the line.......
I was again informed that either disconnect or accept this plan of 1299 RS currently i am paying a rental of 649/-. I had written an email to Mr. Mittal on 13-04-2010 but no response......again on 16-04-2010 and then the response was not received too

E-Mail on the 16-04-2010

Hi Sir,
Strange to see such a carelessness nature from the CEO of the company. You are certainly leading by an example Sir. I had mailed you on the 13th April and till date not even a single call has been made to me not even from Kaniska who was suppose to arrange a conference call. Your staff is absolutely following your step and amazingly well too. Nevertheless I am waiting for another 2-3 days post which I will take my step and then please do not blame me if this email is found all over the web and then to www.core.nic.in and then directly with Ministry of Consumer Affairs. I really do not want to but the negligent attitude of the company is compelling me to do so.
Ex-follower of Airtel but not anymore………

E-Mail on the 13-04-2010

"Mr. Mittal,
I wish the platform was different then what I have mentioned below but I am sorry it is not. I have a complaint for which I need resolution and I have mentioned it below in detail description:
Airtel Landline: 011-41667947
Issue: Shifting of the connection
I shifted from old location to new one and I made a request to shift the landline connection which also has a broadband connection on the same on the 05Th April 2010.
5th April 2010 – I was informed by the representative that the same would cost me INR 300/- and also the same will be done in 3 days. I said ok I am ok with that and please get the same done.
8th April 2010 – No Communication
9th April 2010 – No Communication. I called up to enquire about the same as I had asked my wife to stay back at home and not to go out keeping in mind that the team will come to get the same connected at my place. She was not able to leave the premises in the expectation of the same being done.
10Th April 2010 – No Communication
11th April 2010 – No Communication
12Th April 2010 – No Communication
13Th April 2010 – Kanishka called up from +911141002706 at 2:15 pm and informed that the connection would be shifted but that would be by the Vendor but I need to accept a different plan which is INR 1299/- to which I replied back saying that first of all I am not looking for a new plan I am only shifting in which I was informed that the charge for shifting is only INR 300/- nothing else. Kanishka told me “Sir, I have checked with the vendor and he is saying that and this can be only done that way no other way. Please let me know if I can disconnect from the current place or you will take this charge”
I informed that this is not right as I am not asking for a new connection I am only shifting that too 30 feet away from where the connection is currently. And as I am interacting with Airtel to pay my Bills, request and complaints I am not concerned about the Vendor Airtel should do the needful to negotiate the same. She said that I will speak to them once and then get back to you.
Kanishka again called from the same number at 3:45 pm and informed me that “Sir, I have talked to them and you have to pay 1299/- to get the connection or else connection is not possible” When I refused she said that I will conference the call from other line with the Vendor then you can talk to them directly”. I said ok but no call was received. At 4:03 pm she called me from the same line and then informed me that the vendor is not reachable will try and get the call conference once successful I said ok as nothing could have been done in this scenario.
Now there are few things I would like to point out:
1) SLA for shifting the connection is 3 days then mine has not happened in 8 Days.
2) If there was a delay in shifting who is suppose to inform the customer as you may be able to understand that my Wife was there at home waiting for someone to drop by and get the shifting done.
3) If I am shifting and I am being forced to pay an amount which is almost double the amount that I am paying that is INR 649/- who will look into that?
I am really sorry but this is causing me a lot of inconvenience mentally as well as professionally as I had taken up the connection in order to work from Home when I am not in office which has completely failed for days. Please provide me a resolution to this issue as in case of failure I will be forced to take it up through consumer forum and Ministry of Consumer Affairs or also I may end up blogging about my experience with AIRTEL. Even though I have gone through enough hassles with AIRTEL it is one of my favorite brands but it may not be any further.
I am looking for a positive response from your end.

There are alot of such experience which i have with me in email which i have gone through with AIRTEL if need be i shall upload all of them one by one.