Artha Health Options

Haiitstharun Send email

Mar 19, 2012

False Promises for vacation vouchers

Hello there

Here is a another story of mine same like most of the people cheated and scammed. My surplus scam story started with artha like this as follows:

1.I bought a health package - 4500 (+ change, can't remember the exact amount)

2.I bought a holiday package from sterling resort - 6500 (+ change, can't remember the exact amount)

3.Anil (Anil Shrivastava manager from Artha) called me and asked me to pay the remaining amount 20, 000 to utilize the above holiday package. I said, no-body told me when I purchased and now why the f*** u asking, conversation went on just like that. After some hot conversation he said, he can give me a compensation of 3 extra master health checkup vouchers + holiday package worth 3 yrs validity. I agreed and paid him 20, 000.

4.Now, Preethi and some one called Shruthi called me explained me that I am a platinum plus card member which is worth of 40 or 45, 000 (not sure) so please pay the remaining amount. I was totally shocked (felt like I am cheated though they have good service with master health checkup) from the beginning I dint want to pay anything, but due to some circumstance they made me pay, I had explained it to her all the above stories and she agreed Anil could have put me into this and he is absconding. What a good story to believe?

5. After few days, sruthi called me today and asked me to pay not the whole remaining amount but the tax for those amount which comes around 7K (+ change) so that I can use this benefit for 3 yrs and she assured I need not pay any money in future + no-one from Artha will ever call me again for anything.

6. I said WHY should I pay? with hot topic today, I told her, I don't wanted to pay a single penny and I want my money back.

Many people have called but they cant do anything and telling me to pay. Am very highly disappointed and frustrated about this. I need a solution or I need my money back. Am going to submit a written complaint to relevant authorities in a couple of week’s time. If any of Artha people wants to resolve please reply me and solve.

My contact details:

RAKESH SHANKAR

MEMBERSHIP NO: 0678652

Mobile number - 8088277317
Prashant Kumar Cv Send email

Jan 19, 2012

Fraud Daylight robbery by a pvt limited co

Dear Mr Shaji Nambiar

My name is Col Prashant Kumar, My contact no is 9739995549. I am a retired Military officer I have taken health options coupons for 8100/ They are yet to issue me coupons for Dia care and Female supplement.The marketing executive told us that the best hospitals have been empaneled and that the medical treatment/ check up will be provided to the nearest hospital from where we stay, especially Apollo clinic at HBR layput. Now they tell me My wife and I have to go different hospitals as far as Malleshwaram & Sadashivnagar for our check up.Now they say that they have no tie up with Apollo clinic for Dia care and Female supplement. All this is said after the cheque has been collected by the company why cant the executive speak to Apollo clinic and ensure I get my check up done there.

All I request is they cancel my Dia care & Female supplement and return Rs 2010/ which they have taken extra from me in case they cannot arrange the check up at the nearest hospital.
Raaj0602 Send email

Nov 22, 2011

Dear All,

We - Artha Health Options Pvt. Ltd., would like to inform you that you can contact us by providing your contact number and we ensure that your issues will be resolved. With few people who had acted negatively with you, the company is being affected and to stop this we need your co-operation and support to stop. I - Abhishek.N would suggest you to please get in touch with us and help us in serving you better.
Raaj0602 Send email

Nov 22, 2011

Dear Mr. Kiran,

Please do get us your contact number so that we can check and solve your issue.
Maddasani Send email

Nov 15, 2011

Fake and unauthorized transactions

Yes..sir you are 100% correct.. recently I took two master health checkups from Artha. While taking Master health check up they told me it's cost around 3992 rupees and they deducted the same and they took my sign for the same amount. Next day they called me and telling to me, the deducted amount is for the processing fees, actually you took the Gold plane(this gold plan not at all discussing to me) u need to pay the 53000. ie life time. every year u need to pay the 53000, after that I quarreled with them over the phone..after that one manger is blackmailing me saying that just pay the amount for one year only, so that we can remove your credit card numbers from my database. my sincere advice is don not take any plane from Artha health options and do not share ur creditcare or debit card information with them. It's a fraud company.

Nov 18, 2010

Unauthorised swiping of Credit Card

In the month of Oct, I was contacted by an agent of Artha Health and she promised me to have health check-up regular plans in nearest hospitals from my home like, Apollo, forties, Colombia Asia etc.. She mentioned that this package will cost me 1994/-. I have agreed to go ahead with this offer provided I am happy with the documents once I see the same, therefore requested her to send the same thru courier. The agent asked for my credit card number to block the mentioned amount and can send me the charge slip for my signature. She also mentioned that once I am happy with the proposal and sign the credit card charge slip, the money will be deducted from my card.

Next day, I got another call from some other agent of Artha and he mentioned that he has already swiped my card for 12000/- for upgrading it to gold membership. This person was rude and just not willing to listen anything and he was talking to me almost in threatening mode. I disconnected the call and called up Artha and asked for sr manager interference. Then another lady picked up the call and listened to my grievance. She then told me that she will fix this issue. Post that I have checked that no money was deducted from my account. On the same day, I searched on net and found many similar complaints from various customers in name of Artha, which further ignited my fear of being cheated.

Thereafter I started chasing Artha to send me the document to verify the coverage and credit card charge slip. In between I have observed that without even I signed the charge slip the money was deducted from my credit card. I called up my bank and lodged a complaint. The bank mentioned that Artha has an authorisation to swipe the card without having any signature on the charge slip. They suggested me to negotiate with Artha and asked them to refund the money.

Meanwhile another person named Rahul, called me from Artha and tried to sell a holiday package worth 4999/-. I asked him to send me a mail so that I can validate and decide. I received the mail and responded to him by saying that I will revert back later in the weekend.

After repeated follow ups finally I received the health coupons and TWO charge slips. 1 worth 1994 and other 4999/-. Moreover I found that except 1 master check up no other regular check-ups are covered under Apollo, Forties, Colombia Asia etc..So entire selling over phone was fraudulent. I called Rahul and told him that this is breach of agreement and I will not take up this service. He apologised to me and told me that within 24hrs he will send me a written letter which will cover the mentioned hospitals for regular checks. I returned all documents with the agent along with unsigned charge slips.

After that I have waited almost 48 hrs without having any communications from Artha. Then I have sent a complain mail to them stating this attitude as fraudulent and demanded return of money. I reached out to my Banker also and lodged a complaint against Artha for doing Fraud on my card. My Banker has immediately blocked my card to prevent further losses and lodged an investigation against Artha. I am waiting for the outcome of that. Whatever I have stated above has happened within past 2.5 weeks only..

MY ONLY REQUEST TO YOU ALL THAT DO NOT SHARE YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ARTHA HEALTH OPTION.

I also request the consumer complain forum to help me in getting back my money and revoke credit card swiping authorisation from Artha to prevent further possibilities of occurrence of similar incidents. Let them do business based on Cash or Cheque transactions.