Artha Health Options

Consumer complaints and reviews about Artha Health Options

Mar 19, 2012

Hello there

Here is a another story of mine same like most of the people cheated and scammed. My surplus scam story started with artha like this as follows:

1.I bought a health package - 4500 (+ change, can't remember the exact amount)

2.I bought a holiday package from sterling resort - 6500 (+ change, can't remember the exact amount)

3.Anil (Anil Shrivastava manager from Artha) called me and asked me to pay the remaining amount 20, 000 to utilize the above holiday package. I said, no-body told me when I purchased and now why the f*** u asking, conversation went on just like that. After some hot conversation he said, he can give me a compensation of 3 extra master health checkup vouchers + holiday package worth 3 yrs validity. I agreed and paid him 20, 000.

4.Now, Preethi and some one called Shruthi called me explained me that I am a platinum plus card member which is worth of 40 or 45, 000 (not sure) so please pay the remaining amount. I was totally shocked (felt like I am cheated though they have good service with master health checkup) from the beginning I dint want to pay anything, but due to some circumstance they made me pay, I had explained it to her all the above stories and she agreed Anil could have put me into this and he is absconding. What a good story to believe?

5. After few days, sruthi called me today and asked me to pay not the whole remaining amount but the tax for those amount which comes around 7K (+ change) so that I can use this benefit for 3 yrs and she assured I need not pay any money in future + no-one from Artha will ever call me again for anything.

6. I said WHY should I pay? with hot topic today, I told her, I don't wanted to pay a single penny and I want my money back.

Many people have called but they cant do anything and telling me to pay. Am very highly disappointed and frustrated about this. I need a solution or I need my money back. Am going to submit a written complaint to relevant authorities in a couple of week’s time. If any of Artha people wants to resolve please reply me and solve.

My contact details:

RAKESH SHANKAR

MEMBERSHIP NO: 0678652

Mobile number - 8088277317

Jan 19, 2012

Dear Mr Shaji Nambiar

My name is Col Prashant Kumar, My contact no is 9739995549. I am a retired Military officer I have taken health options coupons for 8100/ They are yet to issue me coupons for Dia care and Female supplement.The marketing executive told us that the best hospitals have been empaneled and that the medical treatment/ check up will be provided to the nearest hospital from where we stay, especially Apollo clinic at HBR layput. Now they tell me My wife and I have to go different hospitals as far as Malleshwaram & Sadashivnagar for our check up.Now they say that they have no tie up with Apollo clinic for Dia care and Female supplement. All this is said after the cheque has been collected by the company why cant the executive speak to Apollo clinic and ensure I get my check up done there.

All I request is they cancel my Dia care & Female supplement and return Rs 2010/ which they have taken extra from me in case they cannot arrange the check up at the nearest hospital.

authorised swiping of Credit Card

Please read it as Unauthorised swiping of Credit Card
User201410

Oct 24, 2010

Illegal swiping of my credit card

This surely is the tactics, my sincere advice to all is that do not give your credit card details to Artha. Kindly pay only through cheque. They have an tendency to cheat u. I received a call two days back when one Mr Kiran from despatch dept, who said that my card has been upgraded and that that rs 12000 odd has been deducted from my credit card, without my knowledge.

calls will come to you from finance dept, marketing dept, despatch dept etc etc and each one has a story to say to make you pay.

N K Shyamsunder
ph 9845156818

Sep 22, 2010

Hello Smitha,

Please understand that Artha does not cheat customers and we do not accept something what we have not done

If you are really not satisfied by the service please call the reception and tell them to connect to sridhar he should be in the position to address your concern he is avilable from 9.30 am till 6.30

In case if you think that he is also not bothered to resolve your issue which will not happen then tell the reception to connect to any one of the director and they will do it

We value respect and proud to serviuce the customers with delight but not against integrity

Anoop Shyamsundar

Jul 31, 2010

Swipied My Creditcard without my Permission

Artha Health Options has charged my credit card 4 times (1994, 1994 3998, 3998, & 29, 999/- and ) Illegally without my permission. And every time after charging my card they used to just inform me that the card is already charged. After asking for refund they just say it is already charged and can not be refunded. When i check with CITI BANK they said using Internet theay have swipe the Money.. These guys are fraud and Cheat. We must go for Consumer court to take action against ARTHA. I have already blocked my card and I am planning to go to Police and log FIR against Artha Health options today

Jun 6, 2010

Illegal swiping of my credit card

I went through a similar ordeal at the end of march, 2010, they swiped my card without asking me for 'upgrading' my holiday package..Before that a guy used to pester me for some gold card as I was a member for last 2 years (which never arrived even after paying money).I've called them numerous no. of times without any proper response, everytime I call them they would tell me that the concerned guy is not available & would call me back .They are super thugs & somebody needs to do something about them really fast .

Rgds
Ashish
User19379

May 10, 2010

Hello Sadath,

I am Shaji, an employee at Artha Health Options. I understand from your comment that you haven't had a good experience using our services. I regret the inconvenience caused to you, if any.

You have used extremely strong words like 'robbed' & 'duped' about us. However, you have not exactly mentioned the problems you have actually faced. Neither have you mentioned your contact number and your membership number. Are your problems just limited to speaking to someone here who spoke in 'half-english' and abrupt disconnection of the call?

You could contact me at 90350 23500.

Shaji Nambiar

They always promise 2 reality

The issue will get soughted within HRS of the mail been sent

Apr 24, 2010

Illegal swiping of my credit card

I understand the mental agony you are going through .please contact the director he should be sought out things for you.

I know they will lot of hurdles mail tehm on [email protected]

They will never do business to Cheat others

They Decide with confidence towards the objective of loyalty

please talk to people who worth it

Jul 19, 2011

Artha Health Options

I'm a basic member with Artha Health Options since 2006. I never had a financial problem till yesterday. Every year, they used to call me and persuade me for gold membership. Since I seldom use the vouchers they offered but to be on a safer side, I used to enroll for basic membership.

This year also, I've renewed it for basic membership. They said that, since I've not used the vouchers for last 2 years, I will be given green membership which means basic membership with unlimited consultations.

Today, I got a call from Artha executive by name Sruthi (Land line # 080 30999200, Mobile # 9008264632) who said that I've enrolled for Gold membership and Rs. 75,000/- will be deducted from my credit card.

I was shell shocked. I've tried saying that I've enrolled into BASIC membership ONLY, which she denied. She say's that their office has a application from me (with MY OWN SINGNATURE !!) to be enrolled into Gold membership. I've clarified that, I had never signed for a Gold membership and requested to cancel the application if it was enrolled mistakenly by any of your executive (exploiting application for basic membership for gold membership).

She refused to do so and moreover tried threatening me saying so-called ARTHA HEALTH OPTIONS have tie-up with RBI & Indian Medical Association (IMA) through which they can deduct money from my credit card, since I've signed in their application. If i refuse to accept their request, then IMA will proceed legally against me for the money. After some time of heated discussion, she gave a option saying "I can cancel the gold membership (which i never had and never applied for) provided you send a mail for cancellation to my personal mail id and pay processing fees of 5% of the amount i.e., Rs 3750/-. You have to decide it quickly i.e., now itself, as I don't have time and this is your last chance. If you fail to do so, you will be facing the consequences from IMA".

After seeing this forum, I found out that I was not the only one who is being traumatized by ARTHA people.

Please help me out from this money swindling fraudsters.

FYI & R:
My details:
Artha membership # 06 58796
Mobile: 98807 88355

Sudhir KP

Jan 1, 2011

Fake and unauthorized transactions

Dear admin, I'm not sure how this forum works. But logging this complaint expecting some help and others not to fall in ARTHA's trap.

My case also very simillar to below post which was posted by Madhusudhanshukla.

I'm still in discussions with artha team..not sure whether I will get any proper response or not. Please dont share your credit card details to artha (don't authorize to debit your credit card). It will stop with one transactions..There will not be end for their transactions to debit your card. I read n number of complaints on ARTHA. But dont know why no action has been taken to stop this.

Kiran

Nov 25, 2010

Un authorised swipe of Cr Card

The company called me for some Health Coupon Vouchers at a total price of Rs 1994 . I accepted and provided only the card number and not the CVV number. They charged the Card for the same and to that extent was fine. Later on they again called me and said they have charged Rs 9999/- for the same product claiming that the intial amount was just registration charges . When I denied and aksed to cancel the scheme , they denied and made some story that I will be blacklisted and bla bla with a kind of threat.
In spite of my non acceptance they swiped my Card for additional Rs 9999/- . I do not know the legal actaion for this and how to proceed to recover . Pls see there webiste http://www.arthaoptions.com/
and be aware for any call from Artha . Kinldy help me in getting my money back and also to black list this company .

Unauthorised swiping of Credit Card

In the month of Nov, I was contacted by an agent of Artha Health and she promised me to have health check-up regular plans in nearest hospitals from my home like, Apollo, forties, Colombia Asia etc.. She mentioned that this package will cost me 2993/-. I have agreed to go ahead with this offer. The agent asked for my credit card number to block the mentioned amount and can send me the charge slip for my signature. She also mentioned that once I am happy with the proposal and sign the credit card charge slip, the money will be deducted from my card.

One of the agent came to my office and explained the same and took my signature on the charge slip of 2993/- and the application forma saying he will fill up the details.

Today I received another call from a customer executive saying that they are deducting another 5999 towards the Gold package that I had opted which was promised for 2993/-. When I asked him that I don't want this membership and cancel the package, he bluntly said it’s not possible but offered to give me extra benefits and tried to convince me to go ahead with the package. After repeatedly telling him that i don't need this package he said that we will talk to his manager and ask him to call me.

Now after 1 hour his manager called up and said that I have to pay 45,000/- for the package and it will be directly deducted from my credit card. When I said I don't want this membership and asked him to cancel the same, he too bluntly said that he cannot cancel and I have to pay the complete amount.

Please advice me on this issue as they are threatening me to pay the money.

authorised swiping of Credit Card

One of the agent came to my office and explained the same and took my signature on the charge slipof 2993/- and the applicaton forma saying he will fill up the details.

Today I received another call from a customer executive saying that they are diducting anothe 5999 towards the Gold package that I had opted which was promised for 2993/-. When I asked him that I don't want this membership and cancle the package, he bluntly said its not possible but offered to give me extra benefits and tried to convince me to go ahead with the package. After repeatedly telling him that i don't need this package he said that we will talk to his manager and ask him to call me.

Now after 1 hour his manager called up and said that I have to pay 45,000/- for the package and it will be directly deducted from my credit card. When i said I don't want this membership he too bluntly said that he cannot cancle and I have to pay the complete amount.

Please advice me on this issue as they are threatning me the pay the money.

Sep 17, 2010

False Promises for vacation vouchers

This is Smitha Goutam from Bangalore. I am a Artha health Options member. This company deals specially in health Management Vouchers. And they had offered travel vouchers to me. I had paid 5500/- for 6 members. before paying the money, they had promised me that it would be for 2 year validity, no luxury no hidden charges, all meals included and 10 days advance booking which doesnt consider season or off season plan.

But now they have swipped 5500 from my account and the vouchers what i received is all false.. There is no person to respond my claims.. They are cheating customers.

Can anyone guide to claim back my money. I am frustrated calling them daily and there is no response from them.They themselves agree that they are cheating

Sep 16, 2010

Frauds

I had registered with artha health options about a couple of years ago. They wanted me to renew the same for this year. But I was not interested in out patientt services, they said they will work out a plan for only 4 master health check ups and holiday pacakges for 15500. I agrred to it signed the charge slip for the same amount. But now they are insisting on me paying Rs. 20000 more as they have registered me for some package which was not even brifed about. as I rejected to pay this, they are offering me a discount of Rs. 10000 and asking me to pay Rs. 10000 more. As I have understood that this is a fraud company I dont want to have any kind of association with them. Kindly help me to cancel the existing package and in getting the refund of Rs. 15500 which I have paid

Aug 23, 2010

Deducted money without prior notice

I have taken the member ship of Artha health options in Feb2010. However they have deducted amount of Rs. 30000 Without my permission in Aug2010 from my credit card.

Jul 2, 2010

Cheating

This is one Health Services company, which boasts of such good things before selling product which do not exists in reality.

I request with all Indians not to entertain Artha health options phone calls.

As in my case Firstly I was a member of Artha Health Options from 2006 and all thi sfour years renewal was done with a nominal amount ranging to max Rs.4000.00. Likewsie this year a executive called me and requested for renewal against payment of Rs.3992.00 for which I agreed and authorised to debit my credit card whcih details was provided by Artha Health Options itself at this time I did not know whether the card is still existing with me or not.
The next days one more executive called and requested that the first renewal amount was wrongly informed to me and teh renewal amount is Rs.7992.00 for which I has requested them to cancel my membership and ended the call.
Again the next day I recived a call from the Sales Manager Mr. Sathish who really apologised for wrongly informing the renewal amount, on which I thought my membership is reversed and I am out of Artha and saved. But the call was to tell me the renewal fee is Rs.17992.00 against which a amount of Rs.7992.00 is already debited from my card wherein I had authorised Artha to debit only for Rs.3992.00 from my card and the Sales Manager requested me to authorise for another Rs.10000.00 which was due as per him. For which again I refused to authorise and requested him to cancel the whole process. The better point here is my Bank of which card is being used never informed me of any transactions.

If any person or any organisation can assist me in getting my hard earned money back, I would be glad and thankful to them.

Jun 12, 2010

Non Payment of Salary

NON PAYMENT OF SALARY TO EMPLOYEE- SAHARSH BY ARTHA HEALTH OPTIONS... YOUNG UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE BEING CHEATED BY JOB OPPORTUNITY, MADE TO WORK HARD & AT LAST THEIR HARD LABOR IS DENIED FOR BEING COMPENSATED BY SALARY.

1. Mr. Saharsh worked with ARTHA HEALTH OPTIONS as an Employee in the position of Customer Sales Representative for the duration 7th Sep2009 to 13th Oct 2009. After he worked for over a month with utmost dedication, vigor and love for the first job, the Compensation & Salary released to him by an Axis Bank Cheque (No. 248139), was stopped by Artha WITHOUT ANY PRIOR INFORMATION - verbal/written/fax/email, leave apart justifiable or valid reasons for doing so. Pls note that this Salary-cheque was stopped for payment which was released to him AFTER he has completed his dedicated labor over the month.
2. Having worked with Artha Health Options for more than a month, Mr. Saharsh kept his Supervisor/Leads- Mr Salim and Jijesh informed in Oct first week - that he has been offered a role by another company & would like to be relieved.

3. Submitted Resignation Letter in person to HR & Supervisors- Miss Lidya Peterson, Mr Salim, Mr Jijesh on 13th Oct09. However, he was made to wait for more than 2hrs just for the submission of a letter. The Resignation Letter was accepted by above Artha Officials.

4. While I took this matter to HR over phone, Artha Reception did not allowed to speak to HR & I was routed to Mr Shaji, and was called upon by him at Artha's Nrupathunga Road Office, along with Mr. Saharsh to discuss on this, despite the fact stated that Saharsh has moved out of Bangalore & no longer stays at Bangalore. As a result, Saharsh had to travel to Bangalore all the way from another city

5. Our visit to Artha Office on invitation by Artha along with Saharsh on 12th Feb turned out to be the worst Experience & Surprise, considering the way Artha treated. First, we were not allowed to meet HR despite the fact I was called upon & invited there by Artha officials. Further, on rejection of Salary release to Mr Saharsh by HR representative Miss Lidya Peterson, my persistent Requests & a mere 10min meeting-time request was turned down by an immature act of banging the phone with comments like- She would not like to discuss Saharsh’s salary issues with me, no matter I am his parent & there is nothing to discuss about. My impressions to this behavior goes as “INHUMAN” and an “AUTOCRACY”. I am also surprised that such sensitive roles are entrusted to people who don’t carry courteousness & care for the people’s emotions, leave apart taking care of their employees.

At the outset, I would like to reiterate that the Salary stopped by Artha was Saharsh’s First Salary out of his first Job. Not sure whether Artha has made an attempt to realize the damage done to Saharsh out of this Incident and whether your HR understands the importance & Emotions attached with the First Salary of an Employee.

Worst- On speaking further to Artha's Head- Mr Anil- he has denied any Payment now. No Reasons stated. He has no reasons as why Artha released the Salary cheque & then stopped. This is going to be taken up further through Labor Laws, if not attended by Artha & Salary not released.

Below complaints showcase the Attitude of Artha & its history of dealing with People:

- VijayKumar

May 4, 2010

Fraud Daylight robbery by a pvt limited co

Artha health options has Duped us by giving us thier health package the response is so pathetic kindly call one of thier number half english spoken lady picks up the call n disconnects without courtesy.
They have duped me and robbed our money.

Sadath.Delvi

Apr 29, 2010

Swipied My Creditcard without my Permission

Artha Health Options has charged my credit card 4 times (3000, 3000, 4000 and 10000) Illegally without my permission. And every time after charging my card they used to just inform me that the card is already charged. After asking for refund they just say it is already charged and can not be refunded. These guys are fraud and Cheat.I saw sever similar complains here against them. I have already blocked my card and I am planning to go to Police and log FIR against Artha Health options today.

Apr 22, 2010

Illegal swiping of my credit card

i'm a victim of their fraudulent activity.

Previously when they had called me to renew the artha health option membership, i had refused clearly as it is of no use to me. I have not used any of their coupons for 2 years except for 2 ENT coupons.

However, i recently got a call from them telling that i have spent around 27000/- rupees towards their product in 2 years and have been upgraded as a gold member and their person is coming to get the signature on the necessary documents. I was confused because I was like concentrating hard on my work and did not care much. i told them that i have not spent that much amount and send your person to my residence tomorrow so that i can review the previous transactions and then take care of it. but they kept pestering and i said ok send. After some time i got a message from the bank saying that 19999/- has been charged by artha health options. That is when i got shocked and was helpless as i could not call my bank because i could not remember my phone banking pin. I was in a shock to even think properly.

In such a situation, their person Mr.Zain comes to my place and tells me that you have authorized the transaction and that too in the amount on lakhs. It is because they have no permission to deduct that large amount, they will be charging me every month in the amount of 19999/- because the gold plan is worth lakhs. I got shocked and was not even able to speak properly. This man suddenly came up saying that if you sign and authorize this transaction, he will be able to block the future charge to my card and that he will give all the benefits of this plan, which is of no use to me. He also told me that they will give a vacation package in sterling worth a lakh. All these things blocked me mentally and i was kind of forced to sign the transaction.

This is like: They raped a girl (illegally swiped my card) and told that if you get pregnant (sign the transaction) they will take care of the girl (all benefits explained) and will not rape the girl in the future (will not charge in the future).

Now, i was forced to sign and authorize for the product, i want the product. But, since they illegally swiped my card, i want compensation. I also want compensation for the mental agony they caused. I also want to file a criminal case under sec 420 - cheating against Mr.Zain and a file a PIL against the company for fraudulent activity and erroneous marketing methods. Please advice.