BSNL Broadband

NareshV042

Sep 16, 2020

Rent Rebate

Reduction is BSNL Land line Bill for line down period

My details are as under:

Phone Number: 044 - 26491613
Address: No1, Gopal Street, Kilma Nagar, Poonamallee, Chennai- 600056

I am a customer since 2015 and paid all my bills regularly. I have taken this land line primarily for accessing the internet.

This line was down from 19th August 2020 to 9th September 2020. I have complained thrice during this period and escalated the complaint nearly 10times.

So, I request BSNL to proportionally reduce the bill amount as per TRAI rules.

Balaganesh
vaibhav.it100

Nov 29, 2016

Showing high broadband usage

We have 999 BSNL broadban plan, according to that 4mbps speed for 10GB and then 1mbps, but I am concerned with how BSNL calculating broadband usage. Since in every months within first week(4 days) we received notice that you exceed 10GB limit which is not at all possible with browsing only as I never do downloading. I complained several times with number 1500 but they simply resolved the complaint without any enquiry and action.Please look into this asap. Thanks
mdgopei

Jun 2, 2016

IM-Hungama unsubscribe

Dear Gentlemen,

My Bsnl phone number is 044-24780110 and Name : M.D.Durai
106/14, chinna street, kundrathur,
Chennai-69

With out our knowledge BSNL start to subscribe hungama . So last two months we are paying unnecessary 500Rs/month
This one really shock to know from BSNL office. How they added ? No answer from any one.
I hope you will be return my money Rs.1000 ,

Durai.
naz107

Mar 15, 2016

HUNGAMA SERVICES ACTIVATION

Lat month i got a call regarding a new plan BSNL HUNGAMA and its specifications, when i said i dint want it, they asked my mail id for sending details and asked me to press 1 key on the phone to confirm my phone no.
I never activated the BSNL HUNGAMA SERVICES plan through my mail, but they have activated it on their own and charged me 410 rs. this month.
KINDLY REFUND ME THE AMOUNT AND DEACTIVATE ALL HUNGAMA SERVICES
Vijaybabupm

Jan 13, 2016

Closure Refund amount not credited in my account

Hi ALL

Under lot of frustration I'm writing this complaint. My landline telephone was surrendered 3 months and they promised that they will refund the deposit amount within 3 months. Till now I didn't receive the refund amount from BSNl telephones. Here are my details

Telephone: 23742868
CLosure number: ############
Closure dated: 7/10/2015

Please let us know when I will receive the refund amount to be credited in my account.

Note: I've provided my account details as well

BSNL Broadband connection feasibility

ve applied for Bsnl Broadband and landline connection on 14 August 2015 in Jammu and kashmir circle in UDHAMPUR SSA. After waiting for 8 days i went to Bsnl csc and there Bsnl executive told me that your area is not feasible basically my area is in the city centre and one more thing that in my locality some people are using bsnl landline and broadband and when i asked Bsnl executive the same he told me that we have some faulty pair/pair not available so they cant provide me connection. Then i asked when it will be available 2 months 3 months?? he told me "No chance not for now" . This is what u expecting from Bsnl. Then on 26 Aug 2015 i filed complaint on www.pgportal.gov.in to PMO. Waiting for addressal.

BSNL Broadband connection feasibility

ve applied for Bsnl Broadband and landline connection on 15 August 2015 in Udhampur SSA in Jammu and kashmir circle. After waiting for 10 days i went to Bsnl csc and there Bsnl executive told me that your area is not feasible basically my area is in the city centre and one more thing that in my locality some people are using bsnl landline and broadband and when i asked Bsnl executive the same he told me that we have some faulty pair/pair not available so they cant provide me connection. Then i asked when it will be available 2 months 3 months?? he told me "No chance not for now" . This is what u expecting from Bsnl. Then on 26 Aug 2015 i also filed complaint on www.pgportal.gov.in to PMO.

BSNL Broadband connection feasibility

I ve applied for Bsnl Broadband and landline connection on 14 August 2015. After waiting for 8 days i went to Bsnl csc and there Bsnl executive told me that your area is not feasible basically my area is in the city centre and one more thing that in my locality some people are using bsnl landline and broadband and when i asked Bsnl executive the same he told me that we have some faulty pair/pair not available so they cant provide me connection. Then i asked when it will be available 2 months 3 months?? he told me "No chance not for now" . This is what u expecting from Bsnl. Then on 26 Aug 2015 i filed complaint on www.pgportal.gov.in to PMO. Waiting for addressal.
mathew_adimaly

Jan 17, 2015

Broadband not working

after declaring Idukki as the first district available with broadband, the broadband stop woking.

The broadband was working till thursday (15/01/2015) and after the declaration, its stop working from Friday (16/01/2015)

Request you to kindly check on this issue on urgent matter.

Phone number - Adimaly- 222731
Ramcons

Nov 26, 2014

Broad Band intrenet issue

I have complained broad band internet issue in Enjapakkam but no use they are assign to this call for one person but he didnot pick my call. so how can complete this problem. is process going or not??? My telephone number 044-24531667
Docket number ############. pls find it be action quickly.
yash hospital

May 30, 2014

slow net speed

I am a new user to bsnl broadband(ftth connection with 10mbps speed), I got a connection with speed of 10 mbps but from the date of getting connection ,approx 15 days.I am not getting even 500kbps. I am able to get only 500 kbps.
Name:Yash hospitalhttp://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/bsnl-broadband-l11819.html#
hussain3d

Mar 20, 2014

Not Reduce the Amount

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am iqbal hussain Bsnl Broadband User My Phone number is 044 26174048. I am using Bsnl broadband more than 2years. it was worked fine but i was faced a repeated connection problem on january 2014. i m not used net on that month. more than 5 times i complaint about my problem to customer care, Villivakkam telephone office, and AE also. they solved my problem but i give letter to AE to don't detect money for that month. AE said paid the bill of this month next month we reduce the amount like that but now i receive the FEB month Bill they not reduce the amount. Kindly help me on that. problem is in their end so i expect u to solve my problem.

Complaint Docket Numbers:

############
############

by,
IQBAL HUSSAIN
ideal play abacus

Feb 25, 2014

QUOTE FOR BROADBAND DETAILS

WE NEED URGENTLY BROADBAND CONNECTION AND THEN WE FILLED THE FORM IN THE WEBSITE SELFCARE.SDC.BSNL.CO.IN I HAVE REGISTERED 3 TIMES IDCHCH12021400059/ 62 BUT THEIR WAS NO RESPONSE FROM UR SIDE. WE HAVE ALREADY A CUSTOMER FOR INTERNET FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS AND WE NEED LATEST BROADBAND DETAILS.
Varadarajan s

Feb 6, 2014

Not functioning

I am in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, South India. My bsnl number is 044-24780386. My broadband and my telephone are not working for about 2 months till now. I tried lodging complaints, but the call didn't get forwarded and no proper response yet. Lot of work have been held up due to this problem. Please resolve it soon.
Ansarraw

Jul 22, 2013

Broadband connection not working since May 15th 2013 after making n number of complaints

My Broadband connection is not working since May 15th 2013. I have been regularly in touch with the respective engineers every time they say is that will get solved in a day's time but not sure what day they mean. Mostly they use to give me few no's where i get no response or cut the call without even listening to us.

Made a telephone complaint on May 15th but till now i have not get response back from them. This is really irritating, being this much experienced you guys are really shameless to attend one single complaint for the past couple of month but getting salaried every month with no delay. Shameless BSNL and worst service i have ever seen in my career.

I prefer if someone can cut my connection and I recommend everyone in this forum to skip the usage of BSNL broadband by any case.

Feb 9, 2012

SPEED VERY LOW

You are getting the correct speed. Your complaints wil not result anything. Understand bits and bytes first.
8Mbps = 1 MBps (Actual speed in bytes)
hence 4 Mbps = 500 KBps.
Hence your speed is correct. You will get a maximum of 512 KBPs download speed.
Mageshwari

Jun 24, 2012

very slow net connection

i have been using Bsnl broadbrand for more than 1year and i ve put 750 plan.now the net connection is very slow cant able to use it properly.It shows status but net is not connecting. i given direct connection to net though not connecting properly.i made complaint through phones but not taking necessary action.

May 10, 2012

Service man asking money

I have made a request for new land line connection in BSNL chennai but they took 2 months to give the connection the order number is 15816669726 and after installing the connection the line man is asking money for installing a new land line connection and also when ever i make complaint about connection these people are asking money not only here i happens everywhere 2 weeks before my friend took new connection in chrompet he paid 300 rupees for the line man if we don't pay the money they will not come for any kind of complaint if we make. if nobody take action on this BSNL will loose all their land line and broadband customers.

Apr 24, 2012

excess billing and harrassment

I took a broadband connection on my telephone 044-26158990 in October 2008. Until then I was using a VSNL ‘prepaid connection for 1 GB download for Rs.400/-’. This was sufficient for my use for one month. At that time I saw a news item about BSNL broadband at Rs.250/- for 1 GB download. Hoping that I can save about Rs.150/- a month, I opted for this. When I asked for a ‘prepaid connection’ the staff at the counter gave me an application form which did not mention ‘prepaid’ or ‘postpaid’. I applied for a Home 250 connection, i.e. Rs.250/- for 1GB download. The staff was in such a hurry and did not explain the features or pitfalls in a BSNL connection.
Connection was given by BSNL staff member at my home at 5.15 p.m. on 31.10.2008. No ID or password was given but told me to click on ‘internet explorer’ icon. When I asked about payment (thinking that this is a ‘prepaid’) he said bill will be sent. I was using my own modem.
I started using this connection. Significantly, if I had to switch off the connection I had to switch off the modem.
In December 2008 I received a bill for Rs.10,228/- for broadband usage of 9 GB in usage in November 2008. After adjusting Rs.250/- for first 1GB they have charged Rs.0.90 for each 1MB usage. Next bill for December 2008 was for Rs.2,199/-. Broadband connection was disconnected by BSNL in December 2008. BSNL had claimed Rs.1,161 for usage in February 2009 and Rs.892 for usage in March 2009 eventhough the service was disconnected in December 2008. Eventhough I opted for Rs.750/- (unlimited) from 15.12.2012, I informed BSNL by e-mail that I did not make use of this service from 15.12.2008. Telephone was disconnected from 19.01.2009. I had informed BSNL of this fact by e-mail. Eventhough the connection was given on 31.10.2008, BSNL billed me from 24.10.2008 hence an excess billing for 8 days without service.
BSNL continued to send bills until September 2009 eventhough the phone was disconnected on 19.01.2009.
Now, they have again revived the issue in March 2012 and started making telephone calls asking me to pay the balance.
My contention is:
(1) Since my application was for a ‘prepaid’ connection they are at fault giving me a ‘postpaid’ connection without my consent. The application form does not mention whether it is ‘prepaid’ or ‘postpaid’.
(2) BSNL was at fault allowing the subscriber to allow excess usage than what has been applied for. They should have stopped the usage once it reached 1 GB. Otherwise they should have asked for the ‘consent’ of the subscriber to allow more.
(3) If at all the subscriber used more, it should have been pegged at Rs.750/- (unlimited) which allows the subscriber unlimited usage.
(4) BSNL is at fault selling same product at two different rates, i.e. excess usage of more then 1GB download at Rs.0.90 for each MB and for Rs.750/- for unlimited usage.
(5) They say the condition that excess of 1GB will be charged at Rs.0.90 per MB is mentioned at the back of the application form. The subscriber in his application form ‘HAS NOT AGREED TO ANY CONDITIONS OVERLEAF’ Hence he is not bound by conditions printed overleaf. The application does not make reference to conditions at the back of the form.
(6) I had sent two registered letters on 25.12.2008 and 19.06.2009 disputing their billing and asking for clarifications which they did not reply.
(7) Moreover, more than 3 years have passed after the dispute arose on 25.12.2008 and hence they claim is time-barred by limitation. Further they have already confiscated my deposit of Rs.2,000/-. BSNL was at fault allowing a subscriber to use over and above his security deposit.
(8) Recently there was a judgment of the SC which barred Consumer Courts from entertaining complaints against telephone companies as, these are to be solved by arbitration under sec.7B of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885. Is this correct position?
(9) What is the remedy to a consumer who has been excess billed by tel cos?
C. Ramakrishnan, 99A, Elango St, Thiruvalleeswarar Nagar, Chennai-40

Apr 22, 2012

New connection

I gave request for new broadband connection from BSNL 8 months back, still they are not providing me the connection......
There are working BSNL landlines in my street , but there are no provision to new connection in the existing junction box. So they told me we'll add new connection ports and then will give me landline connection. Its been 8 months since i gave request and still they didnt increase ports in the junction box and no proper response as well. Is there any influential person or complaint cell which can make them increase the connection ports in my street so that i can get my connection. None of the private landline networks like Airtel , reliance have service in my street and its only BSNL available but without provision to add new connections. Currently i' m using wireless internet connection but this is quite costly and speeds are very much fluctuating.. Any help to solve this problem is apreciated..

Feb 9, 2012

SPEED VERY LOW

This is Ramesh, I am a new user to BSNL Broad Band, I got a connection with speed of 4MBPs. But from the date of getting connection, apprx one month. I am not getting even 2 mbps. I am able to get only 256 - 512 KBPs. I have given three complaints to BSNL call centre, they are registering the complaint and the complaints numbers are as follows 15730746173 dtd. 03.02.2012, 15745023035 dtd. 05.02.2012 & 15763018750 dtd 08.02.2012. For all these complaints I am getting SMS by the next day, saying that the problem has been rectified. But I am not aware what corrective action they have taken. Till Now my speed is 256-512KBPs only, without checking the speed in my home how they have corrected. They do not have mail contact also. Hence nothing is recorded. If possible provide the correct contact person / contact mail so that some action has to be taken. Thanks Ramesh. M

May 1, 2011

low speed of internet connection

i ve been using bsnl broadband for the past one and half years. Actually my broadband plan is 500 combo pack where its top downloading speed is 250-300 KBs. but for the past one year its speed is only in the range of just 6-10 kbs. i ve complained many times through phones n soometimes directly to the office. but they are not taking any proper actions. so kindly note this and give a better solution.....

Mar 7, 2011

too slow

we applied for 625 unlimited plan but it is too slow....sometimes the page itself is not opening. and it takes too much time to open one single website and most of the times its not even opening. its just keeps on loading and loading. it is very difficult. what do you say sir? is 750 plan better and faster? or is there any connection or network problem in our connection?
im eagerly waiting for your kind reply .
thanking you

BRODBAND NOT WORKING

Nov 12, 2010

Provision of Unlimited Free Download

Respected Sir/ Madam,

I had placed a request for broadband connection on 22/09/2010 and the same was made available on the 24th Sept 2010. I was given a modem for purchase costing me Rs 1100.00/- + (taxes).

I had learnt from your website and your advertisements over various channels that there was a offer of free unlimited download for 15 days for any new broadband connection between 15/9/2010 – 15/11/2010.

Though I had placed a request and received a connection within this period, I still was not provided this free download option and was charged Rs 210.00/- (on a pro-rata basis) on my first bill. Also I had not asked for any outright purchase of modem, though it was sold to me on a price of Rs 1100.00 + Taxes.

Hence I kindly request you to look into this and let me know if this service would be provided and that my modem charges can be converted into a leased/ rented option.

Thanks and regards,