CBI Branch SI Lines Bhopal, MP
Consumer complaints and reviews about CBI Branch SI Lines Bhopal, MP
Colonel Owen Rebello
Nov 14, 2016
Refusal to Permit Withdrawl of Cash Using Withdrawl Slip of Non-Home Branch
1. I am a serving army officer from Mumbai currently posted in Bhopal, MP.
2. I have a saving account at CBI Byculla Branch, Mumbai. I do not have cheque book since CBI branches are not available in most of the localities where I am posted especially in Field/ Operational areas.
3. Today at around 1400h I went to withdraw Rs 10000/- from the SI Lines Branch, Bhopal Military Station, Bhopal, MP. Like always wherever I have been posted after implementation of core banking system, I submitted a withdrawl slip for this amount at this CBI branch. I was told that the cash could only be given against a cheque withdrawl despite my showing the branch manager my passbook showing earlier withdrawls using withdrawl slips of non-home branches of CBI.
4. I fully support the initiative of the GOI to curb black money & the restrictions on withdrawls. My questions are:-
(a) Why should I use cheques to withdraw Rs10000/- since non-home branches will not issue me new
(b) Because I do not have a cheque book am I
supposed to stand for hours in the ATM line just to
withdraw Rs 2000/- everyday & with no guarantee
that cash in the ATM will be available?
(c) As a soldier I generally go on leave every 7/8
months. So does it imply that I cannot withdraw
cash if I don't have a cheque book/ ATM card?
(d) Why can't I use withdrawl slips with passbook to
withdraw from Non-Home branches of any bank?
(e) Before core banking, I could withdraw from non-
home branches using cheques. So what is the
difference in core-banking if now I cannot withdraw
using withdrawl slips of Non-home branches?
(f) Are banks allowed to make their own rules to
inconvenience customers especially at such times
when the common man is already harassed in the
(g) What is the responsibility of Branch Managers/
staff especially those who neither are aware of the
rules/ duties nor possess the rule book to justify their actions?
5. Request you to clarify the abovementioned queries & issue suitable directions/ clarifications to all banks to stop unnecessary harassment of the common people who have to bear the bruntil of this initiative of the GOI.
Regards Colonel Owen Rebello
Previous 1 Next