CESC

Consumer complaints and reviews about CESC

Imran_Ali_007

Oct 19, 2019

Mis-reading of meter

Request you to re-check the meter reading, as the amount consumed is unbelievable and not justified, please compare previous years reading as well as last six months consumption. We do not have much consumption but the reading seems to be wrong or misplaced.

Billing Month: 09/19
Due Date : 29/10/19
Gross amount - Rs. 4220.00

Request you to look into this matter as soon as possible.

Abdul Latif
Mobile: +919748622307
Customer ID - 25000135325
Consumer number - 25054219000
drchakrabortyanutosh

Oct 10, 2019

Delayed bill despatch

Dear
I got my electricity bill very late in every month.. I got my last bill on 8/10/2019 where my last date of submission was 9/10/2019. Not only that,the courier always gives bill without any knocking..

I do think, this is not fare and suffering for customers... I hope you do the needful and take immediate action against such courier or individuals ..
customer id 09001059742

Dr Anutosh Chakraborty

Delayed bill despatch

subrata000

Oct 1, 2019

Excessesive billCESC

After installation of digital meter my electric bill is showing an absurd amount, Several times I have complained but the problem has not been solved
shankhadip acharya

Sep 21, 2019

VERY HIGH ELEC BILL

MY ELECTRICITY BILL SINCE LAST ONE MONTH IS VERY HIGH. MY CONSUMER ID- 50000891540. & CONSUMER NO -50241082005 OF CESC Kamarhati North Suburban District.
PLEASE CHECK THE METER READING
Arun Nirmala

Sep 1, 2019

Non restore of electric supply

Electricity supply disruption for nearly14 hours. Complaint lodged at around 9 AM on 01.09.2019. Still uncertain as to when job will be completed. During monsoon problems are often. Aftermath no curative steps taken and only patch work done. But CESC is prompt on payments of their Electricity Bills
Kushal_Maz

Aug 27, 2019

Not getting resolution from CESC regarding voltage fluctuation Issue at home : Consumer No: 75125095002

I have been facing voltage fluctuation issue at my home over couple of weeks. I complaint multiple times but did not get any resolution. Below are the Docket numbers:
31915854 (Web portal)
0819017047 (Telephone)
0819017379 (Telephone)

There is one box just beside my home and very frequently burning smoke coming out of the box with loud sound and voltage getting fluctuated at my home.

CESC officials behave very rudely over the telephone and today one gentleman suggested me to inform 'FIRE BRIGADE' instead of calling to CESC when I told him there is burnt smoke coming from the box.

I hope CESC oficials would take this issue seriously before any serious incident occurs.

Consumer No: 75125095002
Mobile: 9007755748/ 7044075748
Kushal_Maz

Aug 27, 2019

31915854 (Web portal)
0819017047 (Telephone)
0819017379 (Telephone)

I hope CESC officials would take this issue seriously before any serious incident occurs.

Consumer No: 75125095002
Mobile No: 7044075748/ 9007755748

Kushal
JBADSA

Aug 23, 2019

BILL NOT RECEIVING

CUSTOMER ID :- 57000564058

CONSUMER NO :- 57182048067

BILL NOT GETTING SINCE LONG ,YOU COURIER SERVICE IS VERY BAD.

PLS DELIVER THE BILL AT 2ND FLOOR 11 NO M.C.GHOSH LANE HOW-711101.

THANKS
barun***

Aug 18, 2019

bill is too high

I am repeatedly complaint to you for electricity bill is too much high. Last June I paid Rs. 10000. For our domestic bill? It is not possible. Please check our meter. I am residing at Swati Kunj hosing, 3/A, Paddapukur road, Kolkata- 7000 092.
Hope, you will take action as early as possible.
Tandra Chakraborty,
2E,
9831162492.
Kolkata.
Mondal Sukla

Aug 6, 2019

very high electricity bill

My consumer no. is10095164001 & Customer ID is 10000780350. please review the bill no. 10095164001/07193, dt. 03.08.19 , amounting Rs. 1150/- , which is quite absurd compared to last six months bill amount ( for this year as well as last year's consumption graph.) Please re-check the meter reading, which never exceeds 100 unit from May,2010.
PRICKSON

Jul 22, 2019

NON RECEIPT OF BILL FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE 2019

DEAR SIR,

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I NORMALLY RECEIVE MY MONTHLY ELECTRIC BILL IN MY EMAIL ID. ALONG WITH THIS I ALSO GET A MESSAGE FROM YOUR OFFICE INFORMING ME OF THE NUMBER OF UNITS I HAVE CONSUMED. THIS MONTH (JULY) I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY MESSAGE ABOUT THE NUMBER OF UNITS CONSUMED NOR DID I RECEIVE ANY BILL IN MY EMAIL ID. TODAY MONDAY (22.07.2019) I CHECKED ON THE CESC WEBSITE AND CAME TO KNOW THAT MY BILL DATE FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE WAS 29.06.2019 AND THE AMOUNT WAS Rs. 3600/- AFTER E-PAYMENT REBATE AMOUNT WOULD BE 3530/-, DUE DATE BEING 9TH JULY 2019.. BECAUSE OF A LAPSE/FAULT FROM YOUR END I HAVE PAID THE FULL AMOUNT OF Rs.3600/-.

KINDLY LOOK INTO THIS MATTER AND REVERT BACK TO ME WITH VALID EXPLANATION. ALSO IN FUTURE PLEASE SEND ME MY BILL IN GOOD TIME TO MY EMAIL ID.
THANKING YOU - AGNELO VICTOR MANUEL.
ranadebc

Jul 15, 2019

Excessive HIGH BILL in last month(JUNE), Not received hard copy of bill in my home address.

High electricity bill( CUSTOMER ID-38000337971)
This is to bring in your notice that my electric bill for last month is coming exorbitant. fans,refigerator, led light, these are the electrical gadgets which run in my house.
June month bill came excessively high amounting 5140 rs, which is the highest amount till date i am in connection with CESC services.I have complained for the same in customer care through whatsapp number of times. But not get any help despite of my several endeavors.
In the month of MAY bill value was RS. 3000.But June month it became excessively high though my electrical gadgets remains same.During the ,meter reading differences and unit consumed between the current month and previous month as per allocated dates was came 583 units, which is totally absurd and surprised me a lot.
23/05/2019 meter reading was 15630, and on 22/06/2019 reading was 15493, ( though i am using one AC and fans only for only one of my room still bill is coming excessive amount .
A clear disparity and serious problem is being encountered.Request your serious intervention in my meter .May be due to some problem meter may malfunction.Seeking your serious help on this problem immediately.

Till date i have not received my hard copy of the bill in my registered billing address.Though i have paid the bill without checking the unit details and anything as billing cycle get leading to 9 th of June, 2019.This creates serious inconvenience of without seeing the bill details i have to pay the bill, which is not at all acceptable.
Despite of interaction with the customer care my problem is not resolved.I am just feeling disgusted and depressed with your service now a days.
Once again requesting you to solve my two above mentioned problems.Waiting for your prompt response
RANADEB CHANDRA
EHS MANAGER.
ITC LTD
Arindam [email protected]

Jun 25, 2019

Complaint against calcutta Electric supply disgusting service

Dear sir ,
I am Arindam Das . I am your customer , my consumer no: 48001473790. Last few day we are facing a very big problem . Each an everyday electricity not available in our premises. Might be midnight, might be afternoon or evening time , and it's not coming for long time ..I have a new born baby, age around 1.5 year . And you know very well now weather situation.. and please think about my side what type pathetic condition is create when electricity not available in our home .. and when electricity available on that time voltage automatically up and down mostly 7pm to 12.30 pm ..

I couldn't understand what type of service you have provided to us . Several time I have complained again this issue not only me many people has complained again this issue but still problem not resolved..we want to know that , will you give supply the electricity for free basis ??

Kindly look at this matter as early as possible and revert back.

Arindam Das
68, Khudiram sarani Kolkata 700065.
Dum dum cantonment Subhas Nagar.
Contact no : 9674303727
Sabina00

Jun 20, 2019

Excessive electricity bill

We doubt wrong meter reading for the month of May bill amount is 840. We haven't experienced this before. Maximum we pay 370.In general we pay 200. Check with our constumer id 04000744281. Consumer no 04003207003. Please see to it urgently.

Sabina yasmin
Shyam Shaw

Jun 17, 2019

Electric bill coming very high

Excessive Bill
Customer ID: 02000419803
Customer Name: Raj kumar shaw

Respectrd Sir,
I want to inform you last three month electric bill is coming very high.because i am using very few thing ,3 light,3 fan,one pump line
and one ac connection is run .but my electric bill is coming much more high.
so i requested you please check the meter if there is any problem or change the meter.and send me actual bill

Hope, you will solve the problem at the earliest.

thanking you,
your faithfully
Raj kumar shaw
joyoptom

Jun 10, 2019

Wrong billing by CESC

We have a complaint regarding my CESC bill, my consumer no.is 10000388526 (Radha Raman Das). I think we have been billed too much(wrongly) for last couple of months.

It is really tough to pay this amount for us as we think that may be happening due to theft/ wrong reading taken by your staff.

Whenever we ask the staff who take the reading denies to show us the reading from his copy, as per him it is beyond rules. But as we are paying the amount as a consumer acc to RTI we should know.

Kindly help us by giving us a separate meter or else kindly scrutiny the case as not a single machine has been introduced from last year May. As we are finding the bill has increased by near about 100%.

Please do the needful so that we not have to pay this huge amount. Waiting for your reply.We are feeling cheated or forged.
Tanima Ganguly

May 31, 2019

Wrong meter reading

My consumer no is 11278050002.The net payable amount for the month April is 320 which is absurd.The units consumed are 73 but we haven't used that much as we were out of town.Either meter reading is wrong or meter is defective. Kindly send someone for inspection as soon as possible.
Prabirbasu123

May 18, 2019

WRONG METER READING

I am a CESC customer residing at Howrah, Wesr Bengal. My consumer ID IS 68000350341. The electricity bill levied against my name for the month of Apl'19 is 4800 stating that I have consumed 572 units in April,'2019. The last reading shown in the bill is 1210, while the meter reading as on date shows only 803. Hence it is a clear case of wrong meter reading. I request you to retake the meyer reading and give correct bill. The unit consumed by me in the month of March'19 was only 69. I hope that the issue will be solved quickly, so that I can pay the correct amount.

(Prabir Basu)
Neyaz9070

May 15, 2019

High bill

High electricity bill
This is to bring in your notice that my electric bill for last few months is coming exorbitant. fans,refigerator, led light, these are the electrical gadgets which run in my house.
I have checked with my neighbour time and again with the bill amount what they receive with same consumption it is nearly one third what i get.Amount recieve this month in unexpectaion approx 4200 is 5 time from another month
Please take necessary action on this because theres an unnecessary drainage of money on my side.

Neyaz ahmed
Customer id 02001714503
Audity roy chowdhury

May 4, 2019

High electricity bill

This is to bring in your notice that my electric bill for last few years is coming exorbitant.2 acs (4-5 hrs)4 fans,microwave,refigerator,geyser during winter, 3 lights these are the electrical gadgets which run in my house.
I have checked with my neighbour time and again with the bill amount what they receive with same consumption it is nearly one third what i get.Amount varies from Rs.7500-10000.
Rahul Chattopadhyay

Feb 12, 2019

Serious damage in Electrical installation

To day at about 10.15 AM a serious damage has been happened in my domestic electrical imnstallation. My electrical wiring cought fire and it was burning severely. As gathered the entire area got affected. Your immediate intervention is desired along with compensation for the damage. Please treat it as most urgent. My details appended below

Rahul Chatterjee

Feb 10, 2019

URGENT-SEEMS INSULATION DAMAGE IN MAIN DISTRIBUTION LINE

Reference. Customer ID-50000927975

Dear Office In-charge,

It seems there is damage in the electrical distribution line near the post where in our domestic line has been connected.
Kindly look into this. The height of the line is at the same level of one of our neighbor's window at 1st floor and hence concerning.

Purnima Banerjee
61-Sonar bangle
P.O.Belghoria,Kolkata-700056
Cell-8583834133/9831399939
JANASHAKTICLUB

Feb 8, 2019

METER NOT READINGS

Sir, this is JANA SHAKTI (CLUB) Ramchandrapur, R.C.thakurani, Kolkata 700 104,LP. 132/5/49/19/0, meter not reading from last month, kindly cheked meter immediately.
JANA SHAKTI CLUB
Secretary
Mob. 9007773489

Consumer No. 09188038002, Customer Id: 09001145395

Dec 19, 2018

Deactivation for e bill registraction

Dear sir Due to mistake i have clicked the e bill registraction against a consumer no05286266004 customer id 05001050267 in the name of subrata bose of 2nd-Fr FL-6 209Baishnabghata patuli LP-138/37./1/3/1 kolkata-94 you are requested to deactivate the said registraction registered vide my email id no [email protected] mob no 8420934317, kindly sent the hard copy of the electric bill every month by post/courier positively payment in cash counter by cash Also sent S M S to my registered mob no 8420934317 Thank& Regards Subrata Bose consumer no 05286266004 customer id 05001050267
ahmr80

Dec 16, 2018

SMS of meter reading date

What about consumers having no email?Some of our owners having no email account. I have a flat in garden reach and I am getting sms for meter reading date and units consumed for the past 6 months without fail and note there are more than 10 meters in that premises.

Again if sms can come for units consumed then why not for meter reading date? this is absurd as well as illogical.

Why don't you qualify that the only sms will be sent for units consumed. A progressive company adds value to the consumers and you are withdrawing facility after facility.

This matter will now be taken with your MD on the chat show. CESC cannot have two set of rules for central Kolkata and garden reach.

your mail is more of a warning rather than a regret stating your position and as you are having a monopoly in this business you are virtually dictating terms to your valued consumers.

owners of 72 rafi ahmed kidwai road

Rms Barauni - Delay in dispatch
    A registered post of RM141315191IN status shown on 2:25am,...
    EZEEDEALS.IN - You gave me a duplicate product
    I bought a mi band 4 from ezeedeals.in and they sent me a...
    Delhi Traffic Police - Wrong eChallan No.- 23483770
    This is regarding Challan No.- 23483770. I received...
    Akal Sahai convert sr.sec school - worst conducting of school
    akal sahai convert sr. sec. school located in Shimlapuri...
    canfin homes ltd - Issue with Interest levied on higher amount
    I have an account with CanFin Homes Ltd hubli branch,...
    HDFC Food Plus Card - TT10101900007
    No response from your end. It looks like HDFC bank do not...
    paytm - Paytm has blocked my wallet amount without any reason and...
    Paytm has blocked my wallet amount without any reason and...
    Ahmedabad R.T.O - INCOMPLETE DRIVING LICENCE
    SIR , I HAVE RECEIVED MY RENEWED D.L WITH INCOMPLETE...
    AMYMONY - REFUND
    fack company मैने amymoney.com में...
    eNPS - REGISTRATION PENDING
    I had registered for NPS reached payment gateway of Tier...