CESC

Consumer complaints and reviews about CESC

Rahul Chattopadhyay

Feb 12, 2019

Serious damage in Electrical installation

To day at about 10.15 AM a serious damage has been happened in my domestic electrical imnstallation. My electrical wiring cought fire and it was burning severely. As gathered the entire area got affected. Your immediate intervention is desired along with compensation for the damage. Please treat it as most urgent. My details appended below

Rahul Chatterjee

Feb 10, 2019

URGENT-SEEMS INSULATION DAMAGE IN MAIN DISTRIBUTION LINE

Reference. Customer ID-50000927975

Dear Office In-charge,

It seems there is damage in the electrical distribution line near the post where in our domestic line has been connected.
Kindly look into this. The height of the line is at the same level of one of our neighbor's window at 1st floor and hence concerning.

Purnima Banerjee
61-Sonar bangle
P.O.Belghoria,Kolkata-700056
Cell-8583834133/9831399939
JANASHAKTICLUB

Feb 8, 2019

METER NOT READINGS

Sir, this is JANA SHAKTI (CLUB) Ramchandrapur, R.C.thakurani, Kolkata 700 104,LP. 132/5/49/19/0, meter not reading from last month, kindly cheked meter immediately.
JANA SHAKTI CLUB
Secretary
Mob. 9007773489

Consumer No. 09188038002, Customer Id: 09001145395

Dec 19, 2018

Deactivation for e bill registraction

Dear sir Due to mistake i have clicked the e bill registraction against a consumer no05286266004 customer id 05001050267 in the name of subrata bose of 2nd-Fr FL-6 209Baishnabghata patuli LP-138/37./1/3/1 kolkata-94 you are requested to deactivate the said registraction registered vide my email id no [email protected] mob no 8420934317, kindly sent the hard copy of the electric bill every month by post/courier positively payment in cash counter by cash Also sent S M S to my registered mob no 8420934317 Thank& Regards Subrata Bose consumer no 05286266004 customer id 05001050267
ahmr80

Dec 16, 2018

SMS of meter reading date

What about consumers having no email?Some of our owners having no email account. I have a flat in garden reach and I am getting sms for meter reading date and units consumed for the past 6 months without fail and note there are more than 10 meters in that premises.

Again if sms can come for units consumed then why not for meter reading date? this is absurd as well as illogical.

Why don't you qualify that the only sms will be sent for units consumed. A progressive company adds value to the consumers and you are withdrawing facility after facility.

This matter will now be taken with your MD on the chat show. CESC cannot have two set of rules for central Kolkata and garden reach.

your mail is more of a warning rather than a regret stating your position and as you are having a monopoly in this business you are virtually dictating terms to your valued consumers.

owners of 72 rafi ahmed kidwai road
Antony79

Nov 28, 2018

Excessive bill amount

Consumer ID-49000024334
Dear Concern,
I would like to inform you that, last 8 months (Mar'18-Oct'18) we are paying high amount of bills more than Rs.1000/- every month. We have not much appliances in our house. I have doubt that maybe any fault in our meter or some thing else.
I would request you to kindly check the meter at your earliest that where is the fault for this high electricity bill.
Hope you will solve the problem at the earliest. Your kind cooperation will be highly solicited.
With regards,
Robin Mondal
AtoshiC

Nov 19, 2018

Bill amount very high

The bill of Sept'18, Oct'18 and Nov'18 was very high and we were not available in our home all the time. When the meter reading was taken we were present in our house but then also the bill was very high.

Kindly look into the matter.

Customer ID: 76000431839
UPANIVAS

Nov 17, 2018

Low Voltage

Upanivas cooperative Housing society of N 368 B.P Township Kolkata 700094 having CESC consumer no 05300101000 is facing problem about low voltage ( Voltage Fluctuation) supply from your end. As a result our lift frequently stops working as the connection goes tripped. You also appreciate that due to this voltage fluctuation all other equipment like pumps, lights etc will also be damaged.In view we would request you to look into the matter urgently and send representative for inspection and do the needfull

Upanivas Co operative housing society

Contact no 9830540005
Anwar2018

Nov 5, 2018

Inspection not yet done

I have applied for new metre connection .My Ref no.03/22900/18.Inspection date was given on 22/09/18.But inspection wasn't done and it was shown in the status as regretted for separate service.Now I have checked again my status and now it is showing that NO DATA FOUND.
Please let me know what should I do
Yours sincerely,
Anwar Hossain

Inspection not yet done

Nikita Kothari

Sep 14, 2018

UNEXPECTED BILL AMOUNT FOR AUGUST

Dear,Sir/Madam

My consumer no is 24000060984.My present bill
amount for the bill cycle 29th July to 28th Aug, 2018 is very shocking and in appropriate. My unit
consumed is 172 which will never cross above ₹1500 whereas my bill amount is ₹2380.I doubt there is some problem or someone is doing electric theft from our metre.
Please get it checked asap. I will not be able to such a huge amount.

So request you to kindly look into it and resolve it as soon as possible. Please find the attached page for your reference.

Nikita Kothari

UNEXPECTED BILL AMOUNT FOR AUGUST

Suman Roy

Sep 8, 2018

METER BOX BROKEN

ADDRESS:-1/90 BEJOYGARH KOLKATA-700032

CUSTOMER ID:-05000137767
CUSTOMER NO:-05073143001

I would like to inform you that the meter box of our house has broken/unscrewed and it is rather in a hanging and dangerous position and any accident can happen.

So Sir, I would request you send your technical person as early as possible to repair/replace the same and oblige.

Yours truly,
NARAYAN ROY
Chinmoyananda Maitra

Aug 18, 2018

Abnormal Meter Reading and Wrong Electricity Bill Amount

I, Chinmoy Ananda Maitra, Resident of 18/1/1, Chowdhury Para Lane, LP- 256/12/1, Howrah- 711104, Received a Electricity Bill Amount of Rs. 4280 for July 2018 from CESC Ltd.

My Customer id: 61001113051 & Consumer No.: 61092129012. The amount is Abnormal & misreading causing a lot of grievance to us.
Today as on 19th July, 2018, the Meter reads 444 units as given 495 units dated: 01/08/18 by CESC.

Kindly Resolve this Issue ASAP and send us a new Bill with Correct Meter Reading as we are Unable to Cope up and pay with this Abnormality's from CESC time and time again.

Chinmoyananda Maitra.

Excessive Bill
Customer ID:36000043001
Customer name:Prabha bajpai
Consumer No: 36015225000
It's been a couple of months we are receiving Excessive electricity bill where we use only fridge,Led lights,TV,and fans.I would like you to come and check out Meter and analyse the problems.why should i pay unnecessary amount.I would request you to look into my case on priority basis.
gitesh1234

Jul 12, 2018

Payment made twice to CESC

My name is Gitesh Agarwal and I made a payment to you via Freecharge of Rs 130 for the customer ID #08000774820 in June 2018. However, the payment was successful after 3 days. Meanwhile, my bank also made a payment to you & it was successful. Can you please refund my payment or adjust the amount in the following month. Please contact to me and resolve this issue asap.

Gitesh Agarwal
Mobile Number #8274802309
Email ID #[email protected]
Raja Mukhopadhyay

Jul 9, 2018

High billing

My consumer number is 02082006006 and I have been experiencing high billing for the past few months. I'm retired and leave alone with some help. I would request you to look into my case on priority basis.

Jul 6, 2018

Abnormal Electricity Bill

In continuation to my earlier complain dated 30th June 2018, again I would request you to kindly check the meter at the earliest. My customer ID is 08000761789. Couple of months I am using the same points but I received huge amount of electricity bill though I have no AC connection. Please check the meter immediately.

Jun 30, 2018

Abnormal electricity bill

I Shri Janardan Dalui, my customer Id is 08000761789. Couple of months I received huge amount of electricity bill though I am using the points.
I would request you to kindly check the meter at your earliest that where is the fault for this abnormal electricity bill.
Hope, you will solve the problem at the earliest.
Sukanta Roy

Jun 29, 2018

Excessive Bill

Customer ID: 05000842095
Customer Name: Elora Paul
Consumer No. 05076148001

My electricity bill for April,2018 is 1630.It is too high.Although my consumption was very low for last few months, I am receiving an excessive bill. Please look into the matter.
bhaskardas87

Jun 18, 2018

Voltage Fluctuation & Excessive Bill

This is Bhaskar Das, S/O Biswanath Das, Customer ID is 29000722013. Its been a couple of months we are receiving excessive electricity bill where we use only fridge, LED lights, tv very rare and Fans. I would like you to come and check out meter and analyse the problems. Why should i pay unnecessary amount? Lets see when i get a response from your team and definitely will share the date and time in this forum as well as social media.
subhokayal

Jun 16, 2018

Power Cut

Please choose your customer support. You are doing monopoly business here in Kolkata so we are helpless.
You are not giving proper service now a days. Each and every day I have to complain for power cut.

Your customer support executive Sandipan Majumder is very rude and not ready to listen or help any one.

Disappointing service but nothing we can do. Right?
Ashim kumar Chakraborty

May 26, 2018

STREET LIGHT NEAR MY HOUSE NOT GLOWING FOR A LONG TIME

Dear sir, It is for ur kind attention that for more that 15 days street lights near my house LP No 65/9/3/1 and some other lights are not glowing. I hv complain to u on 4 days before with docket no. 0518075517 again docking no 0518075332 bt no one take care off, as becoz the front side of my house is totally dark and a lay off factory is here the road is not safe at night, I hope that you understand the matter and take necessary steps about. Thanking you,
Ashim kumar chakraborty
23/C/2 a.k. banerjee lane,
KONNAGAR, Hooghly
shantanu99

May 15, 2018

excessive bill

My Consumer number is 50148194000 and Customer ID is 50000250966. Although my consumption was very low this month, I received an excessive bill. Please look into the matter.
Biplab De

May 2, 2018

Wrong Meter reading (Cust. ID 61000397595, Consumer No. 68057142006)

This is for your information that I have received your Electric Bill No. ################ dated 28/04/2018 for Rs. 3220/- for the month of March 2018, but very sorry to say how you have charged huge amount without reading or miss reading my meter. Hence being mediocre family man have not in a position to pay your Factious or manipulated huge bill amount.

One again I request you please enquirer the over said matter and read our meter immediately.

your kind co-operation will be highly solicited.

Biplab Dey
Advocate & Tax Consultant
Biplab De

May 2, 2018

Wrong meter reading (Cust. ID 61000397595, Consumer No. 68057142006)

your kind co-operation will be highly solicited.

Biplab Dey
Advocate & Tax Consultant
swapnabhattacharjee

Apr 30, 2018

Bills are too high

Our customer I'd is 42000374661.
We are getting very high bills month on month. Please check the Meter or take necessary action regarding MY complain

My mob no is 9088171242

SBSTC - Bus Stopped without any information
    Dear Sir/Madam Please see my subject and take necessary...
    Happy fizz - Charging extra money for cooling the drink
    I went to buy an happy fizz on opposite side of agra fort...
    LIC - Form submission failure
    I have filled the form for LIC aao generalist recruitment...
    Cargo - Product not delivered
    Hi I send the cargo on 15/01/2019 but cargo still not...
    parent - 1 question was out of syllabus
    Sir/madam Hindi exam that was occurred on 19th of March...
    LIC - Form submission failure
    I have filled the complete form for LIC AAO generalist...
    CBSE - 1 question was out of syllabus
    Sir/madam Hindi exam that occurred on 19th of March 2019...
    scholarship - not sent bank
    APPLICATION NO.201709804913 SSC HALLTKT...
    Street light - street light
    i live in kamla enclave barara the street light is not...
    street light not working - Dogs in the locality
    I live in kamla enclave barara and i am a doctor. There...