chennai airport

Consumer complaints and reviews about chennai airport

Harsha.ram

Jun 12, 2022

Baggage Waiting Time

The baggage waiting time in Chennai airport is poor. On the 11th I arrived by Emirates at 2:50 am. Baggage belts are completely chaotic. Bags finally arrive at 4:40 am. That's a two hour wait. My flight time from Dubai was 3 hours and 50 mins. On top of that the chaos of some attenders removing large bags from the belt is avoidable. Overall poor experience for a metro airport.
SIDHMEHTA20

Jul 3, 2021

No sign boards and unacceptable behavior

Date - 2/7/21

On my recent pick of my family with small kids passing through domestic arrival zone of chennai airport there were no sign boards of how I should go directly to the arrival point instead of parking. As I had to pick up my family with small kids I didn't want to call them all the way near the national flag where the cab drivers wait. I had my own car hence wanted to directly pick them.

Unfortunately there were too many barricades and you have to pass one of the barricades which man opens on request to go to the pick up point. If you miss that man you hit the indian flat pick up point and you have the come all the way again.

I missed it a bit as there were no sign boards and came back and requested him to move the barricade so that I can go to the pick up point. This ridiculously rude man was not allowing me bcos I came couple of meters back in no entry to find this Ghost zone after asking 5 people through which we can go to the pick up point. This man argued like hell and allowing other can drivers through the barricades but not me.

Finally I had to fight for long keeping my family awaited and he moved the barricades.

If this is how the chennai airport parking department works then I think this is the worst airport in world.

If this message goes to the right eye then kindly work on improving with proper sign boards and also teach some courtesy to airport parking staff.

SIDHMEHTA20

Jul 3, 2021

No sign boards and unacceptable behavior

Date - 2/7/21

Pradhishta

Oct 21, 2019

Untrained security check

The security at gate 4 at the international departure terminal is so untrained that he could not even check my ticket to let me in. I showed my checked in status and he denied to accept it by saying that I’ve “googled searched the ticket” and that I’m at the airport without a ticket. I had to spend almost 15 mins standing at the entrance trying to educate him. I then had to point out my name on the list of passengers he had with him to finally let me in! Such useless security. It was in Chennai, he didn’t know tamil nor English. It was hard to communicate. At least educate them and train them about online check ins and about e-tickets!
Noem

Oct 20, 2018

Wi-Fi at Meenambakkam Airport

It is very important to contact my driver after I arrive at the international arrival area but it's not possible to connect to the internet without OTP one time password which is sent only to local Indian mobile number, this is unacceptable. International visitors without Indian mobile number cannot access internet and contact their family.
This isn't digital India.
Mathanika

Aug 7, 2018

No Respekt to the elder people

On 6th of august Morning at 7-9 o clock 2018.
Counter no 60 for srilankan Airways
This Counter people Treat very Bad and they never help to my Parents (66years old)and they were many time travelled to chennai ,my mother is a heart Patient and one more thing on this Time one man (this Counter)Said why you all coming to here from srilanka?we never ask to you to come.
If we were Not there i dont know what happened to my Parents.
We Never expect this in chennai because we love chennai,thats why we were many times Visited.but this Time was very bad
On this day we also took our flight last time after oman airways called and they were waiting for US.On this time i thankfull to this Oman airways People.
Commonman_Indian

Sep 3, 2017

Check In Staff Unprofessional Behaviour - Gulf Air

I reached 45 min prior to counter open and there is a queue formed for Gulf Air. The time was 2:15am. There is some Airport Staff came around 3:00am and suddenly opened a counter next to thw queue and asked those passenger came late and standing at last to check in first. On other words to say they reversed the queue
I raised my voice against it. Those cunning staff when I reach for check in they split my ticket from my family and told flight is full there is no three seats available together even though only few passengers crossed me
Because of I raised my voice against there unprofessional behaviour they revenged me
This is a very worst attitude, try to give priority for passengers travelling with family especially kids
mala ramesh

May 21, 2017

long ques at Security check

Am a frequent traveller. have been experiencing very long ques at Chennai airport. especially during early morning. have been travelling all over India. have never experienced this long ques at any of the airport. Nearly half an hour it takes to scan our bag and for personal scanning. Poeople are put to great discomfort. whether short of security staff the reason for long ques is unknown.
will authorities look into it

Mala Ramesh

Feb 16, 2017

Compulsory payout

Hi Team
Chennai International Arrival Airport Biggest issue is Maintenance is Very Bad. if you came International Arrival no Trolley found to bring your Luggage. Some Trolleys keep with Porters we don't no this Authorize porters or un authorize. if we take that trolleys that Porters take luggage him self and demand huge amount like Rs 1000/ 2000 or demanding to pay Dirhams 50/100 like that. The trolleys is very Bad condition even it will not move a meter also. So Airport authorities need to check this all thing. Not only make commission from Contractor and Porters.
Airport authoritie issue assistance to old age people and physically challenged person but if no bday is doing this service after dropping at parking station demanding minimum amount 500 rs which is really pathetic situation if we refuse to pay they started using abuse words.
Chennai airport authorities need to take action on this issue and I had very bad experience on this.
krishnankala

Dec 17, 2016

Coffee Box

Coffee box cups very flimsy. They are too thin and dangerous to hold. Many complaints and feedback given but no action taken. Also masaala tea not available and was given a cheeky answer by the staff. Was told that as it was a coffee box named restaurant only coffee available !
Dr Cardiologist Apollo
Nikithk

Sep 5, 2016

BAD SERVICE

ALL INTERNATIONAL PASENGERS, PLEASE AVOID CHENNAI AIRPORT AND READ THE REVIEWS.

I DO NOT THINK THE AIRPORT IS IMPROOVING. VERY BAD SERVICE AND VERY BAD MANAGEMENT WHO MONITOR THE SERVICE.

I HAD VERY BAD SERVICE FROM AAI. I DO NOT THINK PEOPLE LEARN FROM BANGALORE/MUMBAI/DELHI.

HELLO GOVERNMENT AWAKE THIS AIRPORT NEEDS A SURGERY NOT A AUDIT AND REVIEWS. THEY WONT BOTHER OF PASSENGERS REVIEWS
Nikithk

Sep 5, 2016

Service

Dear team
It is really horror and horrible service from Chennai Immigration and post immigration security clearance.
This shows why the airport is very badly managed when compared to Bangalore, Delhi Mumbai etc.
The real counter staff is young and energetic to take passengers and do the service, however people above them sitting the room are not supportive.
Experience 1 Recently i went for a accident recovery operation and can not stand for long. the immigration queue is for more than 45 mins and the counter team is not even gone for their dinner and working from 10 pm till 11 pm. However the senior team sitting inside the room talking and chating with his friend for more than 20 mins. By loosing patient, i went inside and asked him to come out and see the croud and help the streamline the croud. No action from him, even though 2 to 3 more passengers made their request.

Experience 2: there are enough infrastructure machines to do a security check However, only 2 are working and in that 1 side people are talking and demanding the next shift people and doing it very slowly.

Overall i have taken 45 mins (from the first queue till out of check it is about 55 mins.

when i pay my service tax for this service, why i am not getting my service ? for what the purpose you ask me to pay the service tax. IT is really horrible.

Sending my experience to
1. PMO office
2. MEA office
3. Chennai Airport
4. AAI office

at least one employee really a INDIAN and who like to eat his food with his hard earned money will reply to me and take corrective action.

DO NOT SPOIL MY NATION BY KEEPING SILENT AND DO NOT QUIT

Regard
POOOOOOOOOOOOOR NRI
Regard
Krishnakuar R
dilse

Jul 12, 2016

Chennai Airport Unfair and ProCorporate

For uber and ola, airport allows 10 mins free entry and exit. Passengers while they book early, drivers of uber and ola make passengers wait to make sure they pick and exit within 10 mins. Now this way, they don't pay Rs. 100. However, these cab companies charge the customers irrespective. With my recent ask to UBER refund the money of airport convenience did not go as expected. They refused to refund the money.
As another complainer noted, I was charged Rs. 25 for my bike entry for friend's drop and the fact is that I didn't stay in airport for more than 5 mins.

What the hell?

To Chennai Airport Aurthority, if you are ready this complaint, I urge you strongly to consider the following entry/exit policy.

Please started charging Rs. 100 and remove 10 mins allowance yellow board cars. We are anyway paying them, you might as well use them to address the concerns raised by fellow passengers.

Please remove Rs. 25 charges for bikers or at least keep 10 mins free entry/exit model.
Jaypm

Jul 5, 2016

Baggage arrival

As business class passengers, we expect our bags to arrive on priority. There was a co passenger with me from Australia. My bag came extremely late and his bag after that. He seemed more frustrated than me. He started telling me that his friends had already warned about the frustration he will have to face in arrival.

It's the nation's image the airport authorities are abusing by not servicing the passengers, especially the foreigners and all the more business class passengers who pay more for services!

For heavens sake please look into such unwarranted delays! Wonder how Chennai got the ISO standards. It's not clean, not maintained and chaotic outside in the arrival area! The most pathetically maintained airport ! May God bless my country by bringing some hard working managers to this place!

Hope these complaints are not pushed under the carpet and some action is taken!
initin19

May 9, 2016

Fraud Chennai People

This complaint is against Garuda Aviation Services Pvt Ltd who maintain parking services at chennai airport.I took my car to drop my cousin to the domestic airport on 8.5.2016. Firstly i had to find space to put my car and again there was no trolly available near the gate so had to walk for 2 minutes to get a trolly and then while coming to the exit point with my car there was heavy traffic jam and upon that some uncivilised people were not maintaing the que and it was really difficult to get to the exit toll gate. i was billed because i had spent 47 seconds extra at the airport ! have attached receipt here.This was clear fraud and cheating the poor public. Inspite of my explanation to the toll collector that there is traffic at the exit gate and i spent almost 3 minutes in the jam she did not listen to me and said i can go and complain to whomsoever i want. since my sister and her child was with me in my car i couldnt go searching for the place to complaint at night. i had to pay them rs.150 vide receipt no.181883. please help me get my rs.150 from these fraud people. as it is my hard earned money.
samji

Apr 9, 2016

Cheating in car parking slot

I went to the Chennai Airport / Intl terminal to drop off my uncle. when i arrived at parking slot they had charged rs.25 for two Wheelers
what is this,This is a public cheating of car parking contractor's Mafia.Airport Authority of India take immediate action against the contractor follows section IPC - 1860 for theft 378 to 382 and cheating 415 to 420.

So kindly take a necessary action against to Airport Authority of India. the investigation hand over to CBI and save the passengers and public in this cruel harassment, public cheating and robbery inside the airport.and parking slot of chennai international airport.

Rohit solanki.
solanki249770

Apr 8, 2016

Chennai airport car parking egency

There it's a west carparking system in Chennai airport it's a west and fake there he will put the fair display in toll geat but there not showing the amount and timing I am a regular passenger but last 1month I will see there a very bed behaving with car drivers and passenger they have no menars for comunicate with customer this is a worst car parking egency in india
House holidays

Feb 28, 2016

Security check staff

I have never come across such an archaic system with such rude obnoxious security staff than at Chennai. There seems to be hundreds of staff most of which are doing very little. We were in transit but had to go through security so many times. The final time, so this had not been picked up previously, I had a mosquito bite zapper confiscated which was in the bottom of my handbag. The security officer took the strap off and threw it back at me when I told him to keep it and so I threw it back. He was extremely rude and ignorant, very unpleasant and intimidating.

We had our boarding passes stamped so many times that you could not read the seat number!! When eventually we got to the priority lounge needing a G&T it was dry!!!. The men's toilets were dirty and the one male toilet with a seat was constantly occupied, mainly by staff!!

After this experience I have vowed never to step on Indian soil again.
Muthumani ramasamy

Feb 7, 2016

Noise by rented cars

The arrival gates at Chennai airport are highly crowed full of Drivers and pickup men which are to be monitored and controlled .BUT MAJOR TRAGEDY IS ALL VEHICLES ARE HORNING IN THE PICKUP AREA FRONT OF ARRIVAL GATE . THIS IS HORRIBLE AND QUITE UNDECENT AND UNBEARABLE increasing noise level of the whole. USUALLY IN ALL AIRPORTS THERE IS RESTRICTION FOR HORN THIS AREA. FURTHER THERE IS NO NEED OF HORN IN THIS PASSAGE AREA BECAUSE NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO PARK OR STOP , ONLY FEW MOMENTS TO PICKUP. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS CONTROL AND IMMEDIATELY INSTRUCT BY DISPLAY ' NO HORN' and penalise the drivers if the horn in this area
srik84

Jan 31, 2016

Entrance Charges for Two Wheelers at Chennai Airport

Today (Feb 1st 2016), I went to drop my family member at Chennai Airport in a two wheeler. Unlikely Four Wheelers which are provided entry slips to track their time spent in the airport to determine if parking fee is applicable or not while exiting, no entrance/parking charges were applicable to Two Wheelers for quick drop and exit. But to my surprise while leaving the airport, I was stopped at the exit gate and asked to pay a fee of Rs.25/- for entering the airport. When questioned the reason, the attendants started arguing that it was applicable for all two wheelers from Jan 1st as per the new rule. When I asked where is communication regarding the same and why it was not mentioned at the entrance, they started arguing nothing can be done and it is being as per rules. The communication was stuck at the entrance gate (Which infact was never displayed when i went again and verified it) and i can talk to concerned authorities if there are any concerns.

The attendants at the entrance were also very casual in their response regarding the issue.

It is quite shocking to see such a fleecing and double standards, where 4 wheelers are timed and charged for parking if they stay beyond the grace period, but two wheelers are forced to pay irrespective of the time spent (even if less than 5 mins) without any tracking.

Will the Airport Authority look into the take appropriate action against the Toll Operator for collection of such un-announced charges.
najmasulthana

Jan 21, 2016

Chennai Airport Staff- Manikandan

I was at Chennai Airport queue for Immigration Check on 19.01.16 to travel from Chennai to London Heathrow Airport via Bahrain with my 3 kids. My Elder son (Ibrahim Ali) was sick. We wait so long in long queue, so my son couldn't stand, due to travel sickness. I requested Chennai Airport Staff MANI KANDAN (skinny guy) to go forward for Immigration check. He refused very rudely. He had seen , when my son was vomited in long queue. But still he told me rudely, you have to stay. I was shocked and couldn't understand his attitude towards my son. It was very pathetic situation. I am expecting Chennai Airport Authority should take action against him.
Chennai Airport Toilets were very smelly, not cleaned and very wet condition. I was surprised and asked my self, is it International Airport? I am expecting friendly and helpful approach staff and cleaned toilets and environment. I hope, next time it could be better journey experience.

Kind Regards.

Najma Sulthana.
Rashmica

Jan 11, 2016

Robbery

I flew from chennai to pune on 11th jan . I was held up at the security check by the guards claiming that i had a metal in my bag. The guard opened up my purse which had my money and stole Rs.4000/- from the 5000 that was in it . Yes , he clearly left 1000 in the bag just so i dont get any doubts. I request the officials to take some serious note of this complaint and take action. This is a very serious issue as I am left with no money at all right now. Please do contact me on the following e-mail id to get further details. [email protected] I can identify the personnel at the place too. Contact me asap.
Rajkiran180

Jan 9, 2016

Abysmal service level

One hour at immigration queue at departure! Long queues and all passengers in queue are irate. Only 5 officers!
Sunday, 10 th Jan, 10:30 am
Jensen

Jan 1, 2016

Restaurant not functional

Two restaurants named as 'Flying bites' and 'Cafeccino' are not functioning with the excuse as they are changing shifts. They are not providing even water.

Event timing : In the morning -7:30 am

Is it your policy to keep shifts important than serving the passengers in the morning.

Email Id : [email protected]
Please take this into consideration.
chitrikadhar

Dec 20, 2015

Irresponsible Staff-British Airways

I had a flight from Chennai to London- BA 036 on 21st Nov 2015.The lady at the counter no 56-Chennai International Terminal asked me to pay13,150 as I had extra baggage.I gave my debit card to her which she swiped and asked for the pin.After I entered the pin, she said it was a Maestro card and cannot be accepted..By that time the amount was already debited from my account.She asked me to pay again using a master card.I gave a debit card again which she swiped.Hence for one payment I had to swipe my card and 2 times the amount got debited from my account.She told me that it would be refunded within a week.Now its been a month and the amount is not yet refunded...I have been sending enquiries but not getting any response..The staff should first check the card before making any payment..Now I have to follow up for my money and not getting any clue why is it taking so long...

Chitrika