Chennai Customs

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Customs

RJSekar

Jan 27, 2016

Package stuck in chennai customs

I have ordered a headphone online, A US based website [http://soulelectronics.com/] on the 16th of December 2015, They Shipped the package from the nearest warehouse in HongKong via HongKong Air Mail and it reached the Chennai customs on the 26th of December 2015 and ever since then my box has been stuck in there. The box has headphone and a connector cable. It was a surprise gift to my friend for his birthday ...

I have contacted Chennai customs office, numerous time and they are not picking up. I humbly and please request the customs office to relieve the box to me or if any details needed from my end I am ready to provide details from my end.

The tracking number is: RB927129500HK
The destination address is : 1050, 1st Floor, A.K.Towers, Near Bata Showroom, 35th street, 18th Main road, Anna Nagar West, Chennai, IN 600040, India.

Please relieve the box as soon as possible...

Rajasekar Vasudevan
+91-7708-787011

Package stuck in chennai customs

GOPINATHAN SARAVANAN

Jan 19, 2016

delivery delayed by chennai customs

Sir / madam..

I'm GOPINATHAN S . my two packages is in customs for more than a month.
I don't how to retrieve my products. They are not a prohibited items. They are just a IT products. That is purely for my personal use. The details below.

1.mini projector for my studies - tracking no RC070677646 - china registered post airmail since 12.12.2015.

2. External hard disk for petsonal use - tracking no RC910895609Nl - postNL international since 30.12.2015

So please guide me in this case. Bcz i required those things urgently .

tried to mail them but their mail server not accepting the mails. i tried through phone several time but none of calls answered.
please is there any possibility that i can take any legal action against them .

GOPINATHAN SARAVANAN.
+91 7502062669
ninaj

Jan 11, 2016

Package delayed at Chennai Customs

I mailed a package from the US on December 19, 2015 and paid for tracking information. This is medicines and toiletries for my 91-year old father and mother.

Tracking number: CX217458422US

The tracking information showed the following:
Departed Chicago - Dec 22, 2015
Departed London - Dec 23, 2015
Departed Delhi - Dec 24, 2015
Processed through sort facility, India - January 1, 2016, 12:40 pm
In process by customs in India - January 2, 2016, 3:47 pm

Since then, there is no movement of the package, so I assume it is stuck in Chennai. My parents have no received the package.

Please help process this package as soon as possible so that my parents can get it.

Sincerely,
Nina Joseph
mariasabastian90

Jan 7, 2016

Package still stuck in customs.

I sent a box to Bangalore, India on the 15th of December 2015 via USPS Priority Mail Express and it reached the Chennai customs on the 22nd of December 2015 and ever since then my box has been stuck in there. The box has two sets of skirts, pants, t-shirts and a few packets of chocolates for a 2 yr old, 6yr old and 7yr old kids( my two nieces' and a nephew). It was a birthday present to them and it's still stuck in customs.

I humbly and please request the customs office to relieve my box to the destination
or if any details needed from my end I am ready to provide details from my end.

The tracking number is: EZ006671256US
The destination address is : AVE MARIA VILLA, #8/22 4th 'C' Cross, Maruthinagar, Madiwala Post, Bangalore - 560068, Karnataka State, India.

I am attaching the receipt in the email.

Kindly please please relieve the box, so the children can get their clothes.

Maria Sabastian
+1-216-571-8116

Package still stuck in customs.

Hilmi

Dec 10, 2015

Custom chennai

My parcel from malaysia at chennai customs
I do not recieve my parcel since 22/11/2015, i state that the parcel at chennai custom since 27/11/2015. I need that parcel for my study and for your imformation, i do not buy the thing inside the parcel, it gift from my brother.

Tracking number : CP300274263MY
The foreign post office give me this number : 53538

Please help. I really need it.
Hilmi (vinayaka mission university dental student)

Custom chennai

Hilmi

Dec 9, 2015

Tracking number : CP300274263MY
The foreign post office give me this number : 53538

Please help. I really need it.
Hilmi (vinayaka mission university dental student)

SEO.B.B

Sep 23, 2015

PACKAGE STUCK

Hi Sir/Madam:

I didn't receive my item from 2 months, chennai custom department is not shipping my item.
2015-07-23 PM 1:59 Posting/Collection MY5940
2015-07-27 PM 11:14 Arrival at outward office of exchange KUALA LUMPUR
2015-07-28 AM 12:33 Departure from outward office of exchange KUALA LUMPUR
2015-07-29 PM 1:43 Arrival at inward office of exchange MUMBAI APSO
2015-07-29 PM 2:03 Held by customs MUMBAI APSO
2015-07-31 AM 10:46 Arrival at inward office of exchange CHENNAI FPO
2015-07-31 AM 10:48 Held by customs CHENNAI FPO

Why it is take so long?? and why lied to me ??

I had contact so many time to Chennai Customs 04425244133
The person told me I can receive it yesterday but now started to ignore me.
I have all the record of calls for proof

Tracking No. RR156886990MY

EA073737689CN
EMS
China
to
)2015-09-14 10:22, India, CHENNAI EMS, Record item customs information (Inb), Air, CED CHENNAI (EMS), Retention reason:Other

Transit
Destination Country - Cache Time:2015-09-20 11:22 - Go to official website
2015-09-14 10:22
India, CHENNAI EMS, Record item customs information (Inb), Air, CED CHENNAI (EMS), Retention reason : Other
2015-09-12 08:25
India, MUMBAI EMS, Send item to customs (Inb), Air, CED CHENNAI (EMS)
2015-09-12 08:09
India, MUMBAI EMS, Receive item at office of exchange (Inb), Air, MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE
2015-09-09 01:30
China, BEIJING EMS, Send item abroad (EDI-received), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
2015-09-08 14:51
China, BEIJING EMS, Insert item into bag (Otb), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE
2015-09-07 14:02
China, 300384, Receive item from customer (Otb), Air, MUMBAI AIRPORT SORTING OFFICE

I don't know the exact reason why it is stopped by customs
the reason stated is : others (what does it mean by, give a proper reason )
they dint send any message or post
i tried to contact them but they are so busy so that any stated number in web isn't being lifted those who lifted the call kept the phone aside this is happening since past five days i am exhausted trying to call customs cc
i hope after raising this complaint there may be some kind of response

Jun 24, 2015

18/06/2015 02:18:00 GUANGZHOU EMS CHINA Item Bagged
21/06/2015 03:14:48 MUMBAI INDIA Item Bagged
21/06/2015 03:45:37 Exchange Office Sent for Customs Verification
23/06/2015 04:31:37 Customs Office Customs Retained Reason: Other

I dont know how long would it take for the customs to return the parcel to Indian Postal Service.
deoksugung2015

Jun 15, 2015

not received the parcel

Hi Sir/Madam:
I didn't receive my item from last 35 days,chennai custom department is not shipping my item. from korea to sriperumbudur so please send my parcel and parcel registered date 19.06.2015 and till now chennai customs office having my parcel
Consignment number:EM394055848KR
Piyush Saini

Apr 19, 2015

Not receive the item

I didn't receive my item from last 40 days . . . . . Chennai custom depatment is not shipping my item. . . Their customer helpdesk numbers are also not available . . .
geethapugal

Mar 5, 2014

Bribe

Bribery is a criminal offence - Yes, It is in India.

Giving or receiving bribe is illegal - Yes, Every one knows

You can lodge a complaint against anyone who demand bribe - Yes It's true.

To file a complaint you have to bribe - Yes. So Ultimately you will be in jail.

So you can't take any action against these peoples. If you want to take any action against these peoples you should be very powerful (both in political and economical background). But again to become very powerful you have to bribe. Bribery is in the root and heart of Our Country. We see it, we hear it, we talk it, but we can't stop it. It is crucial for every person in India especially in Chennai to bribe monthly. It starts from garbage collecting person and travels through grocery shop, medical shop, hotel, all the government offices, local goons to dons.
When you are in need of anything urgently, you have to give bribe. Since then you cannot complain as you have given the bribe. If at all you complain with anti-corruption department, the person who asked bribe from you may be imprisoned (only if he caught red-handed). But have you ever heard the after stories of such dramas. Within a month the concerned person will come out and do his former work more sincerely. The complainant will be suffering to a level depending upon the influence of the jailed person, like problem in his EB connection, telephone, drainage to death at times.
When a person ask for 5 rs bribe we pay, 50 rs we pay with murmur, 500 rs we pay with a curse, 5000 rs we try to file a complaint, 50,000 rs we stop that work. This is what a normal middle class citizen can do. Is it possible to find a solution for this in the near or far future??????
sunder1991

Jun 17, 2013

Exceedingly horrible customs clearance and corruption

We are regular importers of laptop carry bags, ipad cases and covers from australia. We have imported one consignment through chennai customs as we were led to believe that chennai customs is better off than bangalore customs. The shipment landed on 31st May and till today i.e 17th June the shipment has not been passed despite the fact that all our papers are correct, we had declared the correct value, we had produced the payment receipt made to the seller, we have a clean record with our past imports.
Chennai customs has turned out to be a worse nightmare than bangalore customs. At least for a week their ICES system was down for maintenance- who knows whether it was really down or whether the customs was trying to encash upon the rising dollar value- which increases the amount of duty. And even when the ICE system was available, the apprasing officer was demanding a bribe of Rs.5000/-. Once the ICE system got up and running, the AC went on leave conveniently without any responsibility towards the pending shipments. Finally today I get a message from our freight forwarder that the appraiser is going to increase the import duty from 29% to a minimum of 44%. arbitrarily.

The delay in the clearance has not only cost us our pending orders but on top of it the demurage which the AAI is charging- which will be levied from day one- for no fault of ours but because of the incompetency of the customs. And now the hike in the customs duty by the appraiser. So where are we to go ? The customs and the government is fleecing us and ultimately our products and goods are becoming costlier for the common man. How are we going to recover our costs with such high handed and callous attitude of the customs personnel. It is a known fact, that customs officials rake in huge amounts of money as bribes and get bloated up. They let fraudulent consignment pass through by taking huge bribes and harass the ones who want to follow the rules and play by the regulations.

It is these rodents who are milking our country and letting our country to go to dogs. After all why shouldn't they do so, when the ministers and their superior officers are more corrupt ?

Why isnt the commissioner taking note of such happenings? What is he doing to get rid of such harassment ? Why doesn't he publish his email id openly so that customer complaints ? How can we expect our goods to get sold when the cost of imports are being hiked arbitrarily by the unscrupulous officials ? How can we run our business when whatever little margin we make are being eaten by these rodents, who have got so much bloated on bribes and yet they go on scrounging.
These are the people who are responsible for this pitiable state of our country. What is the point of tom toming that India is becoming a super economic power when the ground reality is of a country which is festering with wound which is stinking and rotting. And it is these people who are making it more rotten. This is nothing but sanctioned goodaism. Officials with power hold to ransom straight forward business people. These are the guys who are teaching us not to do business in a clean and straight forward manner. Even if people want to do legitimate business, these rodents dont allow us and instead force us to become cheats.

I am pouring out my anguish and the pain on these pages because there appears to be no remedy, there appears to be no one who is imbued with a sense of responsibility and driven by the desire not to let a wrong happen. I dont know whether any of the customs officials will even bother to find these complaint in these pages. I also believe that my plight here is one amongst the thousands, if not millions, which importers are facing day in and day out. At best this complaint will get submerged and drowned in this vast ocean of corruption which our India has proudly achieved and stands tall amongst all the corrupted countries in the world.
User720113

Apr 20, 2012

Bribes

Kumar, Didnt you get bill for the duty you paid. If you have not paid bribe and have to pay duty, how much would have gone extra. Any idea what is the name of the north Indian officer whom you bribed.

Please understand that bribing is an offence equivalent to getting bribe.
User720102

Apr 20, 2012

Bribes

that its so racist...u cheapskate...

May 23, 2011

Date:- 23-May-2011
Time :- 10 A.M

Today Morning I came from singapore. I bribed 4000/- Rs for the LCD TV which I brought in Singapore.
Dont know what is the procedure to complaint. So i am logging a Complaint here. Will anybody take action on this.
I bribed a north Indian Customs officer(baastard)...