Chennai Traffic Police

Consumer complaints and reviews about Chennai Traffic Police

Vijaybenny

Jan 15, 2022

Traffic change

The new traffic change in Sholinganallur junction has resulted in closing of two important U turns. The U turn near Aavin is closed causing the local residents a huge inconvenience as we have to go to Chemmanchery to take a U turn every time..... can this be looked into urgently.
Vijay
dvvrb

Jan 3, 2021

Abandoned Car Parking

I am a resident of Central School Road, Gill Nagar, Choolaimedu, Chennnai 600094. An abandoned car / accident ridden, has been parked opposite to my house over a month. Complaints to Corporation of Chennai have pointing to approach, Nungambakkam Traffic police station and no action has been taken. The place is getting converted to a dump yard breeding mosquitos. TN 02 AK 4095. Request the concerned authorities to take necessary action.
Vargeesh

Jan 31, 2019

Auto parking in front of my house

I am a residence of Maduraiveeran koil st, Maduvinkarai, Guindy here people are parking their vehicle especially Auto on the road/street, i asked many times to move it, but no use. Auto parked on street cause many problem sometimes for emergency also. Please help me out to resolve current issue and latter it me lead for emergency.

Auto parking in front of my house

mkjain001

Jul 17, 2018

Illegal parking on the pathway and unauthorised activity

Hi sir,

Im living in 260 THAMBU CHETTY street. Here opposite of my is a temple. And some water dealer are using to park there either in this small road . Which causes heavy traffic . And they are shifting near the temple compound and making the temple dirty . Pls take necessary action against them . Before a new religious debate start here . And spoil this area .

Illegal parking on the pathway and unauthorised activity Illegal parking on the pathway and unauthorised activity

Naveen Kumar Sathya

Feb 2, 2018

Abandoned Cars

These two Cars Parked in Chinmaya Nagar Extension II (Ward No. 127) Nerkundram Road next left to Vinayaga Super Market for more than 2 years. Owners not known and also not belongs to this street .request early action to clear these vehicles.

Abandoned Cars

n_satishmalini

May 26, 2017

no proper pedestrian crossing

THERE IS NO PROPER PEDESTRIAN CROSSING AT GST ROAD NEAR PERUNGALATHUR SADANDA PURAM ROAD SIGNAL AS MOTORISTS TRIES TO ENTER FROM PERUNGALATHUR RLY CROSSING TOWARDS SADANDAPURAM ROAD AND VEHICLES INCLUDING BUSES FROM SADANDAPURAM TOWARDS TAMBARAM ALSO ENTERS AT SAME TIME WHILE PEDESTRIAN ALSO CROSS AT THAT TIME WITH FREE LEFT TURN FROM SADANDAPURAM ALL AT A TIME TO SAVE TIME FOR MOTORISTS HIGHLY CONFUSED SIGNAL AT GST NH.
TODAY MORNING AT ABOUT 1050AM IAM TRYING TO CROSS FROM LEFT HAND SIDE WHEN A VAN TOOK U TURN FROM TAMBARAM WHICH I OBJECTED AND STOPPED HIM ROADSIDE TO CALL POLICE BOOK THE CASE. AT THAT TIME LOCAL AUTO FELLOWS WHO ARE STANDING THERE CAME TO HIS RESCUE AND ONE AUTO FELLOW THRASHED ME WARNING THAT I SHOULD TO CLEAR THE PLACE AND I SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AGAIN THERE WHILE IAM SHOUTING FOR POLICE HELP. ONE AUTO NUMBER BEING TN01 9660 LAST FOUR DIGIT IS CORRECT. WHEN I APPROACHED AND ASKED THE INSPECTOR HE COOLLY SAID SAFE PLACE TO CROSS IS AT ERIKARAI SIGNAL.

SUGGESTIONS : WHY CAN'T MOTORITS WHO ARE COMING FROM PERUNGALATHUR RLY CROSS CAN TAKE U TURN AT ERIKARAI SIGNAL SO THAT PEDESTRIAN CAN CROSS FROM RIGHT SIDE OF THAT SIGNAL WHILE VEHICLES FROM SADANDAPURAM ROAD CAN TAKE RIGHT TURN EASILY.ARE POLICE EXPECTS ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO TAKE ACTION. THERE WILL BE NO VITAL ACCIDENTS BUT MERE BRUISES CAUSED BY MOTOR CYCLES HANDLE BARS ARE QUITE PAINFUL
SECONDLY WHY AUTO STAND SHOULD BE VERY CLOSE TO THE SIGNAL WHERE IT IS HINDERANCE FOR VEHICLES WHO ARE TAKING RIGHT TURNAND PUBLIC WHO ARE BOARDING THE BUSES. WHY AUTO STAND CANNOT BE SHIFTED NEAR TO ERIKARAI BUS STOP SO THAT THERE WILL BE FREE FLOW OF TRAFFIC,EASY ACCESS FOR BOARDING THE BUSES AND THIRDLY AVOIDING UGLY INCIDENTS AS HAPPENED TO ME IN WHICH AUTO FELLOW NOWHERE CONNECTED. SORRY IF NEXT TIME HAPPENS THAT TOO IN POLICE PRESENCE i WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE LAW IN TO MY OWN HAND TO DEFEND MYSELF.I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY IF I FELL DOWN AND DIED WHILE AUTO FELLOW WAS THRASHING RATHER THAN GETTING THRASH.

SATISH
MOBILE:9445106837
ksomasundaran

Jun 14, 2016

Helmet Case

Good Day,
I doubt whether my concern will have any effect but wanted to share thinking at least it will reach some.
On 07-06-2016 I was on my bike at TB hospital signal near sanatorium near tambaram and was caught by a traffic police asking for helmet. At that moment I realized that I left my helmet at home in rush to pick up my daughter from college. Having understood my mistake I agreed to the cop and said I am at fault and will obey the punishment. Cop started talking to me as if I am an illiterate saying “do you know I can seize your vehicle” to which I said “I don’t think I have done any severe crime for you to seize my vehicle” and the immediate word from the cop was “looks like sir is a whatsapp and face book king, file a case against him and make him roam between court and station then he will realize how to obey the police”. As I felt, I am no way lesser to that cop for him to tease me unwantedly; I asked to book a case against me and called up my wife to bring the helmet and all the originals. She reached in 15-20 minutes time but by the time, my vehicle was taken to MIET bridge police station by the other cop and was laid on to the wall though it had a stand. I was given with the charge sheet at the spot which I doubt is a fake charge sheet as I was given with another charge sheet at the police station. In between while I was talking to my wife over phone asking to bring the originals and as soon as I completed the call, the cop was teasing me saying “looks like sir is a great camera man recording us”. I seriously got hurt by his words and challenged him whether he can prove it? The SI asked for my mobile to which I said “you do not have any rights to seize my mobile or to view it” but however I was ready to give my mobile to prove that the cop was atrocious. I gave my phone to the SI (Mr. Manimaran who was bit kind) challenging that not only to prove video or photo in my mobile but a memory in my mobile to do so (as I was sure that my mobile is very old and don’t have space for photo or video). They thoroughly checked my mobile and found nothing in it. Though I didn’t expect, none of the cop had the human quality to “apologize” for accusing my wrongly. Later I was called to the police station and given with a different charge sheet from the previous (which had some different sections of law) along with a holy sermon by other cops saying “you could have avoided all these by giving the money to the cop and obey him” which sounded to me the total voice of Chennai traffic police. Yesterday 13-06-2016, I was called to the sanatorium court by 14:00 hrs. I was there well in advance and confirmed my presence to the cop (who was absolutely courteous and kind. Thanks to him). Me along with many other were made to wait till 17:30 hours and the said cop came out of the court and asked us to come to the station again. When we went to the station, we were just given with our license which was kept in a small plastic box and not even taken to the court. I just asked them friendly “what happened to the charge sheet and court ticket” to which they laughingly said (of course friendly) “did you get your license? Then better move on”. Though I was at fault, I don’t think I need to be ill-treated by the cops and made fool off. I don’t know whether I will be able to get answers for:
1. Can the police seize the vehicle for not wearing the helmet?
2. Do the traffic police have the rights to check the mobile phones?
3. Can’t the public record the incident as evidence by mobile (even if someone wants)?
4. Is it not necessary that the cops to be on full uniform while on duty as one of the cop who charged and abused me was on sandals and not having his name plate visible or not at all (their badge number is 35910, 36581). The funniest part is when he left the spot by his vehicle he was not wearing helmet and went in the wrong side of the road? (I hope they have special law and permission to do so!)
5. Why I was given with two charge sheets and the previous one was taken back? Not sure what happened to both the charge sheets!
6. What happens to the final charge sheet, I was given with as I was neither asked to appear in front of the court nor I signed any document clearing me off the case?
While, I know and respect the good job done by the traffic police amid difficulties they face physically and mentally, I feel some like the above creates black spot on the image of the police and make public feel what they do is a sheer “Uniform Atrocity”.

K Soma Sundaran
citizentn

Dec 27, 2014

police person bribing

Its a real shame that chennai traffic police is begging money from drivers.
To see this in velachari near phoenix shopping mall they catch hold of innocent young drivers and begg for money as bribe
sugan44

Oct 6, 2013

car parking on road in front of my residence

A car Hyndai Black i20 TN01AK3792 regularly parks in front of my residence on 23/51 RITHERDON ROAD, VEPERY, CHENNAI-600007 which had even resulted in a accident.
Repeated complaints on 100 chennai police had not resulted any permanent solution for this particular car parking on the road which had a 24 hour two way traffic all the time.

Mar 12, 2013

Arbitrary fine charged for parking without NO PARKING signboard

We are Residents of 2nd cross street,united India colony,Kodambakkam,Chennai-600024.
There is no NO PARKING SIGNBOARD in our area.Also without proper prior information four of our residents cars parked on our road were
wheel locked and charged NO PARKING fine by Chennai traffic Police represented by Mr.Shahul Hameed,Traffic police.
We are law abiding citizens and would like to point out that had we been issued notices or had signboards been putup we would not have
parked on the road outside our flats/places we live or do business from.
By challan No: C 3542314088 and C 3542314089 and C 3542314090 dated 12/3/2013 at 10 :28:10 A.M we have been compelled to pay
Rs.200/= each as offence & Section of Law CT39 and GP20 for fine Rs.100/= each.We paid as spot fine without even being given a chance to remove our car on our road where we live.
We request Chief controller of Traffic,Chennai Kilpauk shri.Karunakaran to take suitable steps to solve this issue.
Ek1978 Send email

Nov 4, 2012

Irresponsible Traffic Adminstration

I am residing in Kelambakkam. There is no traffic signal facility in the Kelambakkam. Hence daily a number of accidents are accuring in this area. No traffic police in this area. There is violation of driving due to improper crossing facilities. Need to take immediate steps to avoid this.